New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Shadowrun 4th - In the beginning(IC)

Renko opts not to ride in the van and take up alot of space, but instead follows on his bike.
    ["Hey, do we have time to swing by my apartment and get some heavier ordnance? You can't be too safe with paras."]
    Last edited by BRC; 2007-10-28 at 08:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

To Renko: [Shouldn't be a problem. Here's the address.] She sends the address to Renko. [We'll wait for you there if need be.]

Sabrina also tells Damien the address. "Maybe we should set up one of those network thingies with our commlinks." Despite the fact that she's set on this course of action - Dr. Vrock had been very cool on several occasions, and if he needed help, she wasn't going to turn her back on him - Sabrina's hand starts to shake a little bit. She shakes it out deliberately, and starts clenching and unclenching both fists, just to keep them doing something so the shaking isn't obvious. And it's nothing compared to the butterflies in her stomach.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip climbs into the van, sitting in the back. He sets the case next to him and grins slightly as they move out onto the street. "Hey, kind of nice knowing someone with a working vehicle," he says, stealing a glance towards Sabrina. He fishes in his pocket and pulls out his commlink and holds it out towards Sabrina, a slight grin on his face. "Hey, I don't want to break it again," he says.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

"Alright I am up I am up! So where we headed?" Onyx says as he heads towards his bike attaching the subvocal mike to his throat. Good thing I hung onto this from my paintball days. Onyx thinks as he dials up the network number Sabrina gives him.

"This thing on? Oh good there you are. I will just follow on my bike. I gotta stop by the pad real quick for a few toys. Don't worry about me I should get there about the same time as you do. I don't always follow those speed laws." Onyx slides into the saddle of his bike and after the engine purrs to life he throttles it for home. While there he picks up a few items and again speeds off in the direction Sabrina gives him. Commlink is always on now in case she needs something. Damn devil woman. I swear she can sober a man faster than a cold shower and soycaf.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Sabrina gives Sinkalip an eyeroll and takes his commlink. "I'm amazed you even know how to work this thing at all." She quickly links it into the network then holds it out. She yoinks it back when Sin reaches for it, then sticks her tongue out at him and hands it over. Which has the effect of calming her down. A little bit, anyway.

6. - Top - End - #126

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip grins slightly, taking the comm back as he raises his brow. "I know perfectly well how to do it, I do the exact same thing you do, and then it lets out the smoke and you yell at me," he says with a shrug as she tucks it back into his pocket and pulls down the sunglasses, looking through them for a moment before pushing them back up into his hair. "You know I don't get along with all this fancy dreg," he says. "Or it doesn't get along with me at least."
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

The Address :
    Spoiler
    Show

Vrockenhimer's Medical Supply Company
    1872 Spring Street, Renton.
    Distance (LOS 19.4 km, Estimated Driving Distance: 23km, Estimated Travel Time: 19 minutes)

{{OOC : I'm assuming Johnny's riding with Damien for now(because he didn't say). Sure he brought his bike, but he's been drinking, etc. He can get his bike back when Damien drops everyone back at Sabrina's Apartment. }}

Renko and Onyx speed off to their apartments to recover some gear. Damien loads up Sabrina, Sinkalip, and Johnny into his van and heads directly towards the Dr's. Damien makes good progress and then gets bogged down in traffic by what must be some sort of detour.

Eventually impatience wins out and Damien utilizes a bit of modern technology to begin cutting around the traffic flow problem. After zigging and zagging a bit, he is eventually clear of the jam. He hops on the 515 N for the last section of the trip and finds himself merging into traffic, not 30 meters from Onyx and Renko and their bikes.

With just 2.3 km to go, the ride becomes deadly. In a flash, both of a beige sedan's passenger side tires blow out. The sedan swerves across traffic. Everyone suddenly changes lanes, breaks, accelerates, or all three.

Pilot Tests(threshold = 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Renko : 6,6,6,5
    Onyx : 5,5,5,4,3,3,1
    Damien : 6,6,5,5,3,1

The beige sedan, manages to get across traffic into the breakdown lane and stops. The main flow of traffic settles a bit, although it temporarily has slowed to about 30kph.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

At the first sign of anything remotely resembling trouble, Sabrina grabs whatever's close and starts squeezing. Hard. "Lukqixt! Tekimit nkw'am ixsit!" Sabrina cuts the rest of what she would really like to say off, fairly certain that swearing at Damien isn't going to help him drive better.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Easy Sabrina. I don't speak gibberish. Damien grins and does his best to avoid crushing anything with his van, as easygoing as always, despite having a very firm grip on the wheel. When the initial panic is over he leans back in his seat and slows down a bit to match the traffic.

((Did I have a negative modifier to the dice pool there? I count six rolls, and I've got 9 dice when driving anything ground based with wheels. Not complaining, just curious))
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

10. - Top - End - #130

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip winces, partially from trying to brace himself for the impact he expected, partially because it was his arm Sabrina grabbed hold of and squeezed. "She just likes to curse in our 'native tongue'," he says laughing as he pries Sabrina off his arm. "This is why I like walking..."
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-10-30 at 09:56 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Once she realizes that she's grabbed Sin, she lets go and tries very hard to stop watching where they are going. Maybe that will help. She turns away from the front of the vehicle and uses one hand to shield off her view outside while focusing on Sin. "Yeah, it pisses Dad off since I can't remember how to say his stupid prayer of thanks over a meal, but I can tell him to go get some head from a donkey or to bite my ass with a woodchuck. Man, he hates that one."

Sabrina starts to giggle, remembering the first time she pulled that one out. Gaping fish face for all to see, including his friends who happened to be over that evening. Then she ducked and ran for it, laughing all the way out the front door. Gaping fish face was always worth being grounded.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Soon enough the speed picks up on the 515. The team exits and drives the last couple blocks towards Dr. Vrock's. Leaving the excitement behind on the highway, the team of three vehicles pulls up outside of Doctor Vrock's storefront. Parked across the street directly in front of the darkened offices of some tax preparation company, the team disembarks.

Looking around, this business area is fairly deserted at this time of night. All the nearby buildings have second and third floor apartments, a few of which have lights on. Vrock's storefront and the lights above his store are all dark. Streetlights here keep everything well lit, but the alley's between the buildings are deep with shadows and the critters that run in them.

Vrock's Block {{ Van and two bike are at the top. DVMS is Vrock's place }}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-10-30 at 06:09 PM. Reason: forgot the map link
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Sabrina pulls her taser out and slings her bag over her shoulder. She's got some spare darts in there, but there are 4 in the magazine. If she needs more than that before she can have a chance to reload, well, that just seems Very Bad. She holds the taser like a person in a simflick holds a gun, having had just a couple of lessons in self defense with it and no real idea how one is actually supposed to carry a weapon.

She looks around and bites her lip. "Um. I'll...uh, crap. What should I do here?"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Johnny Starr

"Depends. You know how to use that thing?", Johnny asks, nodding at the taser. "If you don't feel like coming out, it would probably be a good idea to have someone waiting in the van 'case we need to jam. But before we get out our metal casing here, may be a wizzer idea to shine the head lights over into that ally way."
    DMing In the Shadow of Death IC/OOC
    Lorne Keldoryn in Beauty and the Blight of the Black Rose IC/OOC
    Grudok Blackclaw in Legends of Arhade IC/OOC
    Marcellus Ashhad-Verinus in The Age of Wyrms IC/OOC
    Dromm 'Lumpy' Loderr

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

I can do that if you want, or you can use the flashlight in the back. The van is kind of big, and I don't want to block the road... Damien reaches under the seat and removes an Ares Predator. He checks to see if it's loaded before putting it on the dash and rooting around in the glovebox for his survival knife.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"I know which end to point where. And I know how to reload it. This is one of the dart thrower ones. I have a pepper shooter, too." Sabrina's eyes go a little wide at the sight of a real gun. She'd seen prop ones before, but Damien's obviously isn't a fake prop gun. "Um, I, uh, can stay in the back. I want to make sure the Doc is okay, though."

17. - Top - End - #137

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip chuckles slightly, glancing towards Sabrina. "Might want to give him a call and let him know we're here," he says. He eyes the gun for a moment as he pulls the leather case up and pulls its top off to reveal the top of a bow and end of several arrows.

He pulls the door open and peers across the street, his eyes once again fading to a deep golden color.

((Turning on Astral Perception))

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

Sinkalip's chuckle earns a glare from Sabrina. "Oh, sure," she mutters, "this is just qw'lewm to you. Cs'qawqn." A little louder, though, she says, "I'll call him when we're about to knock on the door."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Renko looks down the alleyway, checks the ammo on his revolver before putting it back in his holster, and makes sure his retractable baton and taser are both within easy reach.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

20. - Top - End - #140

RogueGuy

Onyx pulls up right behind the van cursing silently he let them beat him here. "Stupid riggers" he says under his breath forgetting his sub-vocal mic is still on. Once he remembers it is on he compose himself and addresses Sabrina. "So what are we looking for here? Everything looks chill from out here."

Onyx dismounts his bike and heads around to where everyone is getting out of the van. He turns on his therm and scans the area through either low-light or thermo, whichever is easier to see out here.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Damien finds his knife and sticks it into his belt. He does the same with the predator, first making sure the safety is on. Really hope I don't have to use this... Then he gets out of his seat and heads into the back of the van to pick up his flashlight.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

22. - Top - End - #142

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip reaches into his coat, pulling out a short silver knife which he holds upward in the palm of his hand. "As you wish," he says, shrugging slightly. "Just figured he might have more info as to what's currently happening about." He peers as deeply into the shadows of the alley as he can, his eyes reflecting the dim night's lights.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Peering up and down the street, the team can see a few parked cars in the adjacent blocks, but nothing of obvious threat. The street itself is fairly well lit with orange tinted street lights. One of the lights is out on the block to the east. Looking in that area with low-light or thermal vision, you can see a couple small rats eating a dead bird. The rats seem to be of fairly standard size and demeanor.

The team move a bit to the east and peers down the alleyway. The edges of the alley are strewn with debris. Black bags of garbage, boxes of garbage, broken chairs, and similar debris piled nearly a meter high(creating a bit of difficult terrain). The center meter of the alley remains clear except for a small stream flowing down the center(about 8 cm wide).

About 15 meters down the alley is a dumpster. Sticking out of the dumpster is a pair of legs. The upper body is fully in the dumpster. As the team watchs the legs move and it becomes obvious it is someone digging in the dumpster, either for food, loot, or safety from something else which remains out of view. The legs wear denim and brown workboots splattered with white paint.

As the team watches this poor fellow dig, a car passes by the other end of the alley, driving on the next road south of Spring Street. The momentary illumination allows the team to see the whole alley, backlit, for a moment. In that momentary glimpse, no one sees anything of much threat. Also in that moment, the winds swirl a little and the smell of rotting garbage is brought out from the alley to the team.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"Um, yeah, ok, this looks threatening." Sabrina whispers it, though, unwilling to chance that the guy in the dumpster is actually just a harmless trash surfer. "I can call him if you want, I guess. Maybe all we're going to find out here is kw'six'snewit."

She dials the number for Dr. Vrock and then directs her attention to her commlink.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Renk turns back.
    "Nothing here but some poor fragger dupster diving, it happens you know."
    [/Center]

26. - Top - End - #146

AssassinGuy

Sinkalip

Sinkalip points towards the door to the building, snickering softly at Sabrina. "In we go then," he says, moving towards the door of the buiilding, casting his eyes back and forth as he moves and waits at the door of the building(O9) for the others and for any response from Sabrina's call before attempting to open it.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-11-01 at 09:44 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

The group stands watching the alley(standing at Y3) while Sabrina chats with Dr. Vrock. Sinkalip, having grown impatient, moves up to the front door and peers in the window(at the door O9). All is dark and nothing is disturbed.

Doc : <muffled>...
    Sabrina : Uh, we're at your shop, and there's nothing here but some guy dumpster diving. Where are you?
    Doc : <muffled> ... <faint> Go Away </faint>

Sinkalip can hear the 'Go Away' bit, but it sounds like its coming from inside, while everyone else hears it from the commlink. At that point the guy in the dumpster hops out of the dumpster and quickly moves away to the right(west). The team didn't get a good look at him, but he looked dirty and seemed to be wearing suspender type demin coveralls and what used to be a white T shirt.

The team can now hear the echos of someone pounding on metal(maybe a bat, or fists, or a chair or something). A howl or scream echos out of the alleyway as well. Sabrina can hear the howl and scream via the commlink as well, followed by Dr. Vrock's muffled whimpering before his commlink disconnects.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-11-01 at 01:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Sabrina

"Doc? Crap, he hung up or it cut out or something." I hope it's not 'or something'. She looks up at the thumping. "Whatever it is, I guess maybe it's inside already?" The tone and slight quavering of her voice obviously reveals Sabrina to be nervous. 'Oh, yeah, we could do that. Just look at those guys. They're nothing special. If I can handle interviewing Annika's potential dates in the middle of a high profile party without anyone catching on, I can do this shadowrunning stuff.' Yeah, sure.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Sink, Johnny, Do your mojo-sight, i'm going in."
    Renko pulls out his Taser and heads for the door to the doctor's office, if it's locked, he will get ready to break it down if nobody stops him.
    [/Center]

30. - Top - End - #150

RogueGuy

Onyx draws his Predator as he steps in line behind Renko, using his mass as a 'blocker'. "I got your back Renko, break it in if you have to." Directed more for the commlink this time Onyx says "We need cover around back someone head that way."

Onyx indicates for Renko to bash through the door as the Doc is already under attack.
    Last edited by Mythknight; 2007-11-01 at 05:44 PM.