New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XXXVIII: toy soldiers r srs bsns

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Blood Bowl Tournament (n=12) on the weekend. A much better turnout than last time, 'cause last time actually went well so people knew that a BB tournament wont be a ****show and maybe it's worth coming to? Took my Dark Elves again, they've never let me down:
    Linemen (x6)
    Runner
    Blitzers (x4)
    Re-rolls (x2)
    I'm curious Cheesegear, do you particularly prefer the Runner over a Witch Elf or is that just the models you have? I've tried them both, and the novelty of Dump Off just doesn't compare to the utility of Frenzy/Dodge/Jump Up.

Good job, anyway. Nothing much you can do when the other guy is rolling lots of armour breaks, but the Skaen showdown sounds like a tense game.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Don't know where to put it. Not enough to start a new Thread over, and anyone who cares will post and then we're done...

Blood Bowl Tournament (n=12) on the weekend. A much better turnout than last time, 'cause last time actually went well so people knew that a BB tournament wont be a ****show and maybe it's worth coming to? Took my Dark Elves again, they've never let me down:
    Linemen (x6)
    Runner
    Blitzers (x4)
    Re-rolls (x2)

Round 1 vs. Humans.
    Lucky Ogre messed me up real bad, and the dude wasn't afraid of Fouling which pissed me off a lot and gave me an awful second half.
    Draw 1-1

Round 2 vs. Ogres.
    Elves vs. Ogres goes exactly as you expect. Snotlings have AV5 and for no reason at all I couldn't seem to Break anything. Still, Dodge around the big ones and triple die block vs. the small ones.
    Win 3-0

Round 3 vs. Skaven
    Kick off! Blitz! First bash of the game before Turn 1 has even started results in an Injured Gutter Runner. Still a very close game that came down to the wire.
    Win 2-1

Going 2-1-0 had me freaked out. I thought I was going to lose on SPPs to the Skaven player. But then I remembered that I have a Draw, and not a Loss, and I also scored 3 TD SPPs in Game 2 and that's what won me the tournament for the second time in a row.
    Sounds like fun, and glad to see this tournament was a lot more successful. If someone on your team dies in game one, are they out for the tournament, or do you get a chance to rerecuit them?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Don't know where to put it. Not enough to start a new Thread over, and anyone who cares will post and then we're done...

Linemen (x6)
    Runner
    Blitzers (x4)
    Re-rolls (x2)

Round 1 vs. Humans.
    Lucky Ogre messed me up real bad, and the dude wasn't afraid of Fouling which pissed me off a lot and gave me an awful second half.
    Draw 1-1

Round 2 vs. Ogres.
    Elves vs. Ogres goes exactly as you expect. Snotlings have AV5 and for no reason at all I couldn't seem to Break anything. Still, Dodge around the big ones and triple die block vs. the small ones.
    Win 3-0

Round 3 vs. Skaven
    Kick off! Blitz! First bash of the game before Turn 1 has even started results in an Injured Gutter Runner. Still a very close game that came down to the wire.
    Win 2-1

Going 2-1-0 had me freaked out. I thought I was going to lose on SPPs to the Skaven player. But then I remembered that I have a Draw, and not a Loss, and I also scored 3 TD SPPs in Game 2 and that's what won me the tournament for the second time in a row.
    Nice result! I've always been curious on the overall balance of Bloodbowl between the teams. Obviously the dice make the game very random, but in general it seems people play a good variety.

I look at the Dorf team literally every time I go to the store, keep wanting to buy in :(

4. - Top - End - #364

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
    Nice result! I've always been curious on the overall balance of Bloodbowl between the teams. Obviously the dice make the game very random, but in general it seems people play a good variety.
    There's lots of variety, but virtually no balance. Even the rulebook tells you that some of the teams are broken and only to be played if you REALLY want a challenge. That guy who went to Cheesegear's tournament and played Ogres? He's the ballsiest man in the room.

I love Blood Bowl, but it's an abusive relationship. Entire games can hang on the outcome of one dice roll, and I'd strongly recommend that you play a few games first to see if you like the way it goes before you sink money into it. Or maybe try the video game? It's much easier to get a game quickly, the tooltips are a handy way of learning the rules, and it's 66% off on steam this week if that helps?

5. - Top - End - #365
    Barbarian in the Playground

Linemen (x6)
    Runner
    Blitzers (x4)
    Re-rolls (x2)

Round 1 vs. Humans.
    Draw 1-1

Round 2 vs. Ogres.
    Win 3-0

Round 3 vs. Skaven
    Win 2-1

Is fouling not normal in your meta? Humans, Norse, most of the various Undead, Nurgle, pretty much any team with 40-50k linemen I find, LOVES to foul and it's just an expectation.

Hell, it's like 80% of the reasons 'zons are a good team is that they're annoying with all that Blodge, and they can cause lots of removals with fouls.

6. - Top - End - #366

I look at the Dorf team literally every time I go to the store, keep wanting to buy in :(
    I'm part of an online Blood Bowl community called Blood Bowl Tactics, so if you want advice there's just oodles of it.

As someone else mentioned, it's VERY not balanced, but it's also not supposed to be.

I play mostly Vampires, Ogres, and Slann, with a smattering of the more boring teams like Chaos Dwarfs sometimes. Perpetual leagues are more fun than 1-off tournaments IMO, but are a lot harder to get going in person, since you need to get people to commit to weeks and weeks of games in a row.

Dorfs are not the best starting team, but neither are they the worst. They're good, solid, hard to injure until someone like Chaos starts getting real skills, and every player has a clearly defined job and does it well. That said, they're also the slowest team in the game, so against a team that knows how to position it can be difficult to have any gameplan besides "Stand in front of enemy. If on offense, try to kill the enemy and get through them. If on defense, try to spread out enough that they can't get through you, but mostly understand playing defense if they're fast is really difficult and just try to kill enough of them that when it's your turn to play offense enough of them are dead they can't stop you."

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I'm curious Cheesegear, do you particularly prefer the Runner over a Witch Elf or is that just the models you have?
    I prefer the Runner 'cause its 80, while the Witch Elf is 110.
    Witch Elves are taken instead of Blitzers, not Runners, and no way am I giving up my Block.

You drop the Runner for a 7th Lineman (ew), then you drop a Blitzer for a Witch Elf. Essentially losing two skilled players for one.
    However, in 125K, a Witch Elf would be the first addition to the Team.

The Runner isn't there because he's better than a Witch Elf. The Runner is there because he's better than a Lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    If someone on your team dies in game one, are they out for the tournament, or do you get a chance to rerecuit them?
    That would make it a League, so no. League play isn't competitive, so tournaments don't use League rules.
    No-one gains any SPPs, and nothing is permanent.

Nice result! I've always been curious on the overall balance of Bloodbowl between the teams.
    There is no balance at all, nor is there intended to be.

Tier 1; Amazon, Chaos Dorfs Dark Elves, Dwarfs, Lizardmen, Norse, Orc, Skaven, Undead, Wood Elves
    Tier 2; Chaos, Pact, Elf Union, High Elves, Humans, Khemri, Necro, Nurgle, Underworld, Slaan, Vampire
    Tier 3; Halfling, Goblin, Ogre

The differentiation in Tier 1 does exist. But it's a far longer post than I'm willing to do right now.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2019-09-15 at 06:00 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

8. - Top - End - #368

Bloodbowl? Always good to hear that!
    I'm curious Cheesegear, do you particularly prefer the Runner over a Witch Elf or is that just the models you have? I've tried them both, and the novelty of Dump Off just doesn't compare to the utility of Frenzy/Dodge/Jump Up.
    Runners are 80k gp each (only 10k more than a Line-elf), whereas Witch Elves are 110k a pop. Taking one (or both) Witch-Elves is certainly possible for a starting Dark Elf team, but not recommended since it almost certainly means cutting a Blitzer.

The real debate on forums is whether you take a Runner over a Line-elf, since the Runner only has Armour 7 rather than 8, and being an Elf team with AV8 on most everyone is one of the main reasons to choose Dark Elves at all. Access to Leader and other passing skills later down the line is the benefit of having a Runner. I'd be interested to hear Cheesegear's thoughts.

There's lots of variety, but virtually no balance. Even the rulebook tells you that some of the teams are broken and only to be played if you REALLY want a challenge. That guy who went to Cheesegear's tournament and played Ogres? He's the ballsiest man in the room.

I love Blood Bowl, but it's an abusive relationship. Entire games can hang on the outcome of one dice roll, and I'd strongly recommend that you play a few games first to see if you like the way it goes before you sink money into it. Or maybe try the video game? It's much easier to get a game quickly, the tooltips are a handy way of learning the rules, and it's 66% off on steam this week if that helps?
    Bloodbowl is fundamentally a Narrative game first and foremost. It's about creating stories to tell down the pub afterwards: like the time a pair of zombies managed 3 dodges and a long-bomb pass to score the winning touchdown, or when the unstoppable elven player of six seasons tripped over a goblin's shoelace and died. It's about triumph and tragedy, and kicking elves in the goolies.

The game part of it is more than anything about Luck Management.
    - Firstly, it's about rolling as few dice as possible so that the chance of a critical screw-up is minimised, while pushing your opponent to take risks that increase their failure-odds.
    - Secondly, it's about how you respond when said when said critical screw-up happens, either recovering from your own or taking advantage of your opponent's.
    - And finally, when things come right down to the wire, it's about finding the line that gives you the greatest chance at victory even if that chance is tiny. Because every few games, the zombie will make the unexpected pass and suddenly you can win.

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    Is fouling not normal in your meta? Humans, Norse, most of the various Undead, Nurgle, pretty much any team with 40-50k linemen I find, LOVES to foul and it's just an expectation.

Hell, it's like 80% of the reasons 'zons are a good team is that they're annoying with all that Blodge, and they can cause lots of removals with fouls.
    Fouling is a very important part of the game. Knocking down a Str 4 Blodge-Sidestep Elf is a hell of a task (I can attest from experience), so once they go down it's imperative you keep them that way. Ditto Skaven Gutter Runners. It's a safety valve to help teams with spread-out power deal with those where all the SPP is on a couple of unkillable models.

I play mostly Vampires, Ogres, and Slann, with a smattering of the more boring teams like Chaos Dwarfs sometimes. Perpetual leagues are more fun than 1-off tournaments IMO, but are a lot harder to get going in person, since you need to get people to commit to weeks and weeks of games in a row.
    I'm in a league right now, just entering season 5 (I think?). Since we're pretty much all people with jobs/wives/other commitments it's running at one game per month, a pace which has suited us all just fine. Anyone who wants to play more can schedule friendlies between league matches, which give reduced payouts of GP and SPP.

My first team was Vampires, because I have a masochistic streak. For those who don't know: Vampires are expensive unstoppable ubermenschs that can go anywhere and do anything, but are supported by Thralls who are fragile humans with zero skills. And frequently the vampires will be forced to stop what they're doing to eat one of the Thralls. As such, I found that trying to do "normal" things with them was doomed to failure due to unskilled Thralls and unreliable blood-lust; whereas whenever I just let go and went for the crazy-bonkers plays they had much better success. After a few games "Princess Valentina simply walks into the enemy cage, takes the ball and scores" tended to be my default plan.
    Looking back on sanity from the other side, and laughing really loudly

"In the whole of oWOD, there are only five normal people not somehow tied to the great supernatural conspiracy, and three of them were Elvis."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    If Ravenloft has taught me anything, darkness only makes the stars shine brighter.
    Bowl of Petunias avatar by Rincewind

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    So I have a question, can anyone think of specific reason why the guy taking 70 stalker bolt rifles to the LGT included a single 10 man intercessor squad with normal rifles? outside of not having the models, obviously.
    There's a strategem that makes normal bolt rifles into RF2 weapons. Seeing as he took one single 10-man squad I assume that's what his plan was.

10. - Top - End - #370

Griffon

I prefer the Runner 'cause its 80, while the Witch Elf is 110.
    Witch Elves are taken instead of Blitzers, not Runners, and no way am I giving up my Block.
    I'm aware of the cost difference, I just happen to think it worthwhile.
    At TV1000 the difference between one player having Block and them having Dodge is pretty minor, since having the variety is a big help against most teams except for Chaos Dwarf and Dwarf, and their Block/Tackle combo will ruin your team regardless of which way you do it.

My preferred team is 1 Witch, 3 Blitzer, 7 Linemen, 2rr. I'm not saying that you're wrong to do it differently, I was just curious as to your reasoning. "Because I *REALLY* want 4 Blitzers" is a perfectly good answer.

You drop the Runner for a 7th Lineman (ew)
    12 linemen, 3rr is a thing. Underestimate Elven Linemen at your own peril, sir.

The Runner isn't there because he's better than a Witch Elf. The Runner is there because he's better than a Lineman.
    See, that's the bit I was thinking about. Swapping Dump Off and +1MA (Runner) for 10k and +1AV (Lineman) really doesn't scare me all that much. Then again, I learned to play the game with Skaven, so hearing people complain about how fragile Dark Elves are and how you need to have all *4* Block players still makes me have to stop and reset my barometer a little bit.

The differentiation in Tier 1 does exist. But it's a far longer post than I'm willing to do right now.
    Not to mention, the tiers shift depending on what TV you're playing at. For example, at TV1700 Chaos storm up into Tier 1 but Norse and Amazons start to slip down simply because their gimmick struggles to keep up and with the lack of other options available to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran
    The real debate on forums is whether you take a Runner over a Line-elf, since the Runner only has Armour 7 rather than 8, and being an Elf team with AV8 on most everyone is one of the main reasons to choose Dark Elves at all. Access to Leader and other passing skills later down the line is the benefit of having a Runner.
    As above, I just happen to favour the Lineman. Particularly in the format that Cheese is playing - no SPP, no lasting injuries - having AV8 to keep them on the pitch game by game is probably a much better tactic than taking a Runner which won't ever develop.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-09-16 at 06:06 AM.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

As above, I just happen to favour the Lineman. Particularly in the format that Cheese is playing - no SPP, no lasting injuries - having AV8 to keep them on the pitch game by game is probably a much better tactic than taking a Runner which won't ever develop.
    I guess the way it happened was that a Runner + Blitzer combo was always two tries for a TD. I rarely - if ever - score with my Runner. Blitzers and Linemen always get the TDs because the Runner gets sacked.

You run down your ball carrier at MV 7, most Teams can't catch that, and, if they can, it's usually with only 1 or 2 pieces that aren't engaged, and certainly no-one has Guard at TV1000. So if they do tackle your ball carrier, you Dump Off to a Blitzer, in which case your opponent definitely didn't spend resources to get rid of a Block piece, too.

I guess it's more about action economy, for me. I prefer having actions in my opponent's turn, and, unlike an Interception, a Short Pass with an AG4 Team is doable.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2019-09-16 at 06:31 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

12. - Top - End - #372

GnomePirate

Just on the off chance, do any of you have a method of painting black that doesn't involve multiple layering of progressionally lighter grey highlights over black? I really want to do Raven Guard and for the same reason I don't paint dark eldar( did it once, never again) I am not neat enough to do highlights over black like that. The closest to a working system I have found was Black base and a white drybrush, followed by black contrast. Its problem is the highlights are still very subtle and super hard to see and the model almost looks grey still.

13. - Top - End - #373

Griffon

I guess it's more about action economy, for me. I prefer having actions in my opponent's turn, and, unlike an Interception, a Short Pass with an AG4 Team is doable.
    Again I'm just curious, but do you invite/intentionally leave a gap for your opponent to sack the Runner and thus use Dump-Off to "waste" their Blitz on the "wrong guy"? The way that you have described it almost sounds that way, and while I've heard of it being done that way I can't imagine relying on it compared to just... not letting my ball carrier get blitzed.

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair14
    Just on the off chance, do any of you have a method of painting black that doesn't involve multiple layering of progressionally lighter grey highlights over black? I really want to do Raven Guard and for the same reason I don't paint dark eldar( did it once, never again) I am not neat enough to do highlights over black like that. The closest to a working system I have found was Black base and a white drybrush, followed by black contrast. Its problem is the highlights are still very subtle and super hard to see and the model almost looks grey still.
    I typically basecoat in Abaddon Black and then drybrush the whole thing in a mix of Abaddon Black and Mechanicus Standard Grey. You can fiddle with the ratio a little bit, but once you've got the knack you end up with a model that is obviously black but almost entirely highlighted in "not quite black". If you go too far it looks like matt black rather than painted/gloss but it's an easy fix and you can do a lot of models very quickly.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Again I'm just curious, but do you invite/intentionally leave a gap for your opponent to sack the Runner and thus use Dump-Off to "waste" their Blitz on the "wrong guy"?
    Pretty much. Your opponent can't not sack the ball carrier. There isn't a wrong choice because there is only one choice. What are you gonna do? Not sack the ball carrier? You know he's got a 2+ for Agility rolls, right? He'll just run around you if you don't Blitz him.
    By forcing my opponent into that situation, they have to Blitz, giving me a Dump Off.

The only time a Runner isn't valuable, is when its in your own half, and if your Runner is getting Blitzed in your half, you've already made several misplays.

not letting my ball carrier get blitzed.
    Unless you're running a Cage, that's pretty much impossible. Hence why Dump Off is actually good.

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair14 View Post
    Just on the off chance, do any of you have a method of painting black that doesn't involve multiple layering of progressionally lighter grey highlights over black?
    No. Black is the darkest colour* that exists. If you drybrush over black, your model becomes that colour. Anything you put over black, is, by default, brighter than black.
    It's for the opposite reason you can't highlight your model if you start with a base coat of Skull White and everyone suggests your basecoat should be Ulthran Grey. If you start with the brightest colour, you can't do anything with it.
    If you start with black, anything you do with it, is something. Which means you can only do extremely little - edge highlighting.

*inb4; Shush you.

That, or you mix Eshin Grey with Black and try and mix colours to be basically black, but not black, and then drybrush with that... But I hate paint mixing 'cause I never get it right.
    EDIT: Ninja'd.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2019-09-16 at 08:52 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Well I think we can safely say the nu-marine codex is putting in work in the tournament circuit where its allowed. Also am I the only one who thinks the Iron Hands whinging to be a bit overblown?

in other news LGT results!

Spoiler: 10: Imperium
    Show

IMPERIAL -IMPERIAL KNIGHTS (Primary) ADEPTUS MECHANICUS and BLOOD ANGELS (Secondaries)
    + TOTAL ARMY POINTS: 2000pts
    + TOTAL REINFORCEMENT POINTS: 0
    +19 CP AVAILABLE (3+5+5+6)

BATTALION DETACHMENT –KEYWORD BLOOD ANGELS CP (5)
    HQ CAPTAIN (74) JUMP PACK (19) THUNDER HAMMER (21) STORM SHIELD (10)-124
    HQ LIBRARIAN DREADNOUGHT (110) STORM BOLTER (2) FURIOSO FIST (30) FURISOSO FORCE HALBERD (0) -142 {WINGS OF SANGUINIUS & QUICKENING}-THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE
    TROOP 5 SCOUTS 5 BOLTERS (0) 1 CHAINSWORD (0) (55)

BATTALION DETACHMENT –KEYWORD ADEPTUS MECHANICUS (GRAIA FORGEWORLD) CP (5)
    HQ TECHPRIEST (30) SERVO ARM (0) OMNISSSIAN AXE (0) LASPISTOL (0) -30
    HQ TECHPRIEST (30) SERVO ARM (0) OMNISSSIAN AXE (0) LASPISTOL (0) -30
    TROOP 5 SCITARII RANGERS (35)

KNIGHT LANCE/ SUPER HEAVY DETACHMENT QUESTORUS MECHANICUS HOUSE TARANIS CP (6)
    +LOW + KNIGHT CRUSADER (285) THERMAL LANCE (76) AVENGER GATLING CANNON (75) ION STORM MISSILE POD (16) HEAVY FLAMER (14) 1 HEAVY STUBBER (2)- {468}
    +LOW + KNIGHT CRUSADER (285) THERMAL LANCE (76) AVENGER GATLING CANNON (75) ION STORM MISSILE POD (16) HEAVY FLAMER (14) 1 HEAVY STUBBER (2)- {468} WARLORD ION BULWALK AND ENDLESS FURY (RELIC)
    +LOW + KNIGHT CRUSADER (285) THERMAL LANCE (76) AVENGER GATLING CANNON (75) ION STORM MISSILE POD (16) HEAVY FLAMER (14) 1 HEAVY STUBBER (2)- {468}

Spoiler: 9: Imperium
    Show

== Super-heavy Detachment == <Imperial Knights>, <House Taranis> [ <71> PL, <1337> pts ] <6> CP
    <LOW>: <1> <Knight Crusader> (<285>), Warlord, Thermal Cannon (76), Avenger Gatling Cannon (75), Heavy Flamer (14), Heavy Stubber (2), Ironstorm Missile Pod (16), Titanic Feet (0) [ <25> PL ] [<468> pts]
    <LOW>: <1> <Knight Warden> (<285>), Avenger Gatling Cannon (75), Thunderstrike Gauntlet (35), Heavy Flamer (14), Meltagun (14), Ironstorm Missile Pod (16), Titanic Feet (0) [ <23> PL ] [<439> pts]
    <LOW>: <1> <Cerastus Knight-Castigator> (<350>), Castigator Bolt Cannon (50), Tempest Warblade (30), Titanic Feet (0) [ <23> PL ] [<430> pts]

== Super-heavy Auxiliary Detachment == <Imperial Knights>, <House Krast> [ <25> PL, <498> pts ] <0> CP
    <LOW>: <1> <Knight Crusader> (<285>), Rapid-fire Battle Cannon (100), Avenger Gatling Cannon (75), Heavy Flamer (14), 2 Heavy Stubbers (4), Twin Icarus Autocannon (20) Titanic Feet (0) [ <25> PL ] [<498> pts]

== Battalion Detachment == <Adeptus Mechanicus>, <Graia> [ <18> PL, <165> pts ] <5> CP
    <HQ>: <1> <Tech-priest Enginseer> (<30>), Omnissian Axe (0), Laspistol (0), Servo-arm (0) [ <3> PL ] [<30> pts]
    <HQ>: <1> <Tech-priest Enginseer> (<30>), Omnissian Axe (0), Laspistol (0), Servo-arm (0) [ <3> PL ] [<30> pts]
    <TR>: <5> <Skitarii Rangers> (<35>), 5 Galvanic Rifles (0) [ <4> PL ] [<35> pts]
    <TR>: <5> <Skitarii Rangers> (<35>), 5 Galvanic Rifles (0) [ <4> PL ] [<35> pts]
    ARMY REINFORCEMENT POINTS: <0>
    + TOTAL COMMAND POINTS: < 14

Spoiler: 8: Adeptus Astartes (Salamanders)
    Show

Space Marine Battalion +5 CP (Salmanders) [833]
    HQ1 – Captain with Jump Pack (93), Thunder Hammer (40), Storm Shield (10) [143]
    HQ2 – Chaplain with Jump Pack (90), Crozius (0), Bolt Pistol, WARLORD (Anvil of Strength), Litany – Canticle of Hate, RELIC (Benediction of Fury) [90]
    Troop 1 – 5 Scouts (55), Bolters (0) [55]
    Troop 2 – 5 Scouts (55) 5 Sniper Rifles (10) [65]
    Troop 3 – 5 Intercessors (85), Stalker Bolt Rifles (0), Thunder Hammer (16) [101]
    Elite 1 – 10 Terminators (230), 6 Chainfists (66), 3 Power fists (27) Power Sword (4) Cyclone Missile Launcher (32) [379]

Space Marine Spearhead +1 CP (Salamanders) [1,163]
    HQ3 – Lieutenant w Jump Pack (78) Chainsword (0), Bolt Pistol (0), Master Craft Bolter (3) [81]
    HS1 – Thunderfire Cannon [92]
    HS2 – Repulsor Executioner (284), Heavy Laser Destroyer (40), Icarus Rocket Pod (6) [330]
    HS3 – Repulsor Executioner (284), Heavy Laser Destroyer (40), Icarus Rocket Pod (6) [330]
    HS4 – Repulsor Executioner (284), Heavy Laser Destroyer (40), Icarus Rocket Pod (6) [330]

9cp

Spoiler: 7:Imperial Knights (actually Imperium)
    Show

Super Heavy Detachment 6 CP – Imperial Knight ( Krast) - [ 75 PL, 1372 pts]
    -LOW-
    Knight Crusader (Warlord: First Knight) Gatling Cannon with heavy Flamer, Heavy Stubber, Thermal Cannon, Ironstone Missile Pod[25 PL 468 pts]
    Knight Crusader Gatling Cannon with heavy Flamer, Heavy Stubber, Thermal Cannon, [25 PL 452 pts]
    Knight Crusader Gatling Cannon with heavy Flamer, Heavy Stubber, Thermal Cannon, [25 PL 452 pts]

Battalion Detachment 5 CP- Blood Angels [ 30 PL, 622 pts]
    -HQ-
    Captain Jump Pack, Storm Shield, Thunder Hammer [6 PL, 124 pts]

-TROOPS-
    Scouts Squad 5 x Boltgun, 4 scouts, 1 scout sergeant [4 PL, 55 pts]
    Scouts Squad 5 x Boltgun, 4 scouts, 1 scout sergeant [4 PL, 55 pts]
    Scouts Squad 5 x boltgun, 4 scouts, 1 scout sergeant [4 PL, 55 pts]

- Operative Requisition Sanctioned- [ -2cp, 85 pts]

Spoiler: 6:Asuryani
    Show

Factions Used: Asuryani
    Command Points: 13
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++
    == Battalion Detachment == <Ulthwe> Vigilis Defiant <Windrider Host> [69pl, 1369pts] (5-1) +4CP
    HQ1: Autarch Skyrunner [6pl, 127pts]: twin shuriken catapults, laser lance,
    [INDEX OPTIONS: banshee mask, reaper launcher], [WARLORD TRAIT: Ambush of Blades]
    HQ2: Eldrad Ulthran [8pl, 135pts]
    [POWERS: smite, fortune, guide, doom]
    HQ3: 10 Warlock Skyrunner Conclave [31pl, 670pts]: 10 singing spears
    [POWERS: smite, enhance/drain, protect/jinx]

TR1: 5 Rangers [3pl, 60pts]
    TR2: 8 Storm Guardians [3pl, 48pts]
    TR3: 20 Guardian Defenders w. 2 Shuirken cannon Platforms [9pl, 190pts]
    DT1: Waveserpent [9pl, 139pnts]: twin scatter lasers, twin shuriken catapults, crystal targeting matrix

== Battalion Detachment == <Ulthwe> [14pl, 300pts] +5CP
    HQ5: Warlock [2pl, 55pts]: [POWERS: smite, quicken/restrain]
    HQ6: Spiritseer [3pl, 65pts]: [POWERS: smite, conceal/reveal]
    TR4: 5 Rangers [3pl, 60pts]
    TR5: 5 Rangers [3pl, 60pts]
    TR6: 5 Rangers [3pl, 60pts]

== Spearhead Detachment == <Biel-Tan> [23pl, 328pts] +1CP
    HQ4: Warlock Skyrunner <Biel Tan> [4pl, 67pnts]: twin shuriken catapult
    [POWERS: smite, protect/jinx], [RELIC: The Spirit Stones of Anath’Lan]
    HS1: Nightspinner [8pl, 112pnts]: twin shuriken catapults
    HS2: Nightspinner [8pl, 112pnts]: twin shuriken catapults
    HS3: Support Weapon Platform [3pl, 37pnts]: Shadow Weaver

Spoiler: 5:Adeptus Astartes
    Show

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [39 PL, 624pts, 7CP] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Crimson Fists, Imperial Fists Successor

. Categories: No Force Org Slot

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

Specialist Detachment [-1CP]: Indomitus Crusaders

+ HQ +

Captain [5 PL, 74pts]: 2x Chainsword

. Categories: Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Character, Faction: Imperium, Infantry, Captain, HQ

Primaris Lieutenants [4 PL, 70pts]

. Categories: Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Character, Faction: Imperium, Infantry, Primaris, Lieutenants, HQ

. Primaris Lieutenant: Master-crafted stalker bolt rifle

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 119pts]: Stalker Bolt Rifle

. Categories: Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Faction: Imperium, Infantry, Intercessor Squad, Primaris, Troops

. 6x Intercessor

. Intercessor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 181pts]: 2x Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle

. Categories: Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Faction: Imperium, Infantry, Intercessor Squad, Primaris, Troops

. 9x Intercessor

. Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 180pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle

. 9x Intercessor

. Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [18 PL, 337pts, 1CP] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: White Scars

Detachment CP [1CP]

+ HQ +

Chaplain [5 PL, 105pts]: - Litany of Hate, 4. Mantra of Strength, Combi-melta, Jump Pack, Warlord

. Categories: Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Character, Faction: Imperium, Infantry, Chaplain, HQ, Fly, Jump Pack, Warlord

Librarian in Phobos Armour [5 PL, 101pts]: Camo cloak, Force sword

. Categories: Faction: Imperium, Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Character, Infantry, Phobos, Primaris, Psyker, Librarian, HQ

Librarian on Bike [8 PL, 131pts]: Force stave, Storm bolter, Twin boltgun

. Categories: Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Character, Faction: Imperium, Psyker, Librarian, Biker, HQ

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [54 PL, 1,039pts, 5CP] ++
    **Chapter Selection**: Imperial Fists Successor, Master Artisans, Stealthy
    Detachment CP [5CP]
    + HQ +

Techmarine [4 PL, 65pts]: Boltgun, Chainsword, Conversion beamer

. Categories: Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Character, Faction: Imperium, Infantry, Techmarine, HQ

Techmarine [4 PL, 65pts]: Boltgun, Chainsword, Conversion beamer

. Categories: Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Character, Faction: Imperium, Infantry, Techmarine, HQ

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad [4 PL, 80pts]

. Categories: Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Faction: Imperium, Infantry, Tactical Squad, Troops

. 3x Space Marine

. Space Marine Sergeant

. . Boltgun/Bolt pistol

. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Missile launcher

Tactical Squad [4 PL, 89pts]

. Categories: Faction: Adeptus Astartes, Faction: Imperium, Infantry, Tactical Squad, Troops

. 3x Space Marine

. Space Marine Sergeant: Chainsword, Combi-melta

. Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Meltagun

Tactical Squad [4 PL, 89pts]
    • 3x Space Marine
    • Space Marine Sergeant: Chainsword, Combi-melta
    • Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Meltagun

+ Elites +
    Relic Whirlwind Scorpius [12 PL, 215pts]: Scorpius multi-launcher
    Venerable Dreadnought [6 PL, 146pts]: Twin autocannon, Twin autocannon

+ Heavy Support +
    Hunter [4 PL, 75pts]
    Hunter [4 PL, 75pts]
    Hunter [4 PL, 75pts]

+ Dedicated Transport +
    Drop Pod [4 PL, 65pts]: Storm bolter

Spoiler: 4:Adeptus Astartes (white scars)
    Show

+ REPORTED ARMY FACTION: Adeptus Astartes
    + TOTAL COMMAND POINTS: 18
    + TOTAL ARMY POINTS: 2000
    + POWER LEVEL: 122
    + ARMY FACTIONS USED: Adeptus Astartes
    + TOTAL REINFORCEMENT POINTS: 0
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++
    == Battalion Detachment == Adeptus Astartes, White Scars [25PL, 399pts] +5CP
    HQ: Lieutenant with Jump Pack (78) Power Fist (9) Chainsword (0) [6PL, 87pts]
    HQ: Librarian with Jump Pack (108) Force Sword (8) Boltgun (0) [6PL, 116pts] ++Psyker (Storm Wreathed, Ride the Winds)
    TR: Scout Squad (55) 4x Combat Knife (0) Shotgun - Sergeant (0) Chainsword - Sergeant (0) - [4PL, 55pts]
    TR: Scout Squad (55) 4x Combat Knife (0) Shotgun - Sergeant (0) Chainsword - Sergeant (0) - [4PL, 55pts]
    TR: Intercessor Squad (85) 5x Stalker Bolt Rifles (0) Auxiliary Grenade Launcher - Sergeant (1) Chainsword - Sergeant (0) [5PL, 86pts]

== Battalion Detachment == Adeptus Astartes, White Scars [37PL, 666pts] +5CP
    HQ: Chaplain with Jump Pack (90) Boltgun (0) [5PL, 90pts] ++Litany of Battle (Canticle of Hate)
    HQ: Captain in Phobos Armour (90) Camo Cloak (3) Master-Crafted Instigator Bolt Carbine (6) [5PL, 99pts]
    TR: Intercessor Squad (85) 5x Bolt Rifles (0) Chainsword - Sergeant (0) [5PL, 85pts]
    TR: Intercessor Squad (85) 5x Bolt Rifles (0) Chainsword - Sergeant (0) [5PL, 85pts]
    HS: Eliminator Squad (54) 3x Camo Cloak (9) 2x Bolt Sniper Rifle (6) Instigator Bolt Carbine - Sergeant (5) [4PL, 74pts]
    HS: Eliminator Squad (54) 3x Camo Cloak (9) 2x Bolt Sniper Rifle (6) Instigator Bolt Carbine - Sergeant (5) [4PL, 74pts]

== Battalion Detachment == Adeptus Astartes, White Scars [60PL, 935pts] +5CP
    HQ: Captain with Jump Pack (93) Thunder Hammer (40) Storm Shield (10) [6PL, 143pts] ++Warlord (Imperium's Sword) ++Relic (Master-Crafted Thunder Hammer)
    HQ: Captain with Jump Pack (93) Thunder Hammer (40) Storm Shield (10) [6PL, 143pts]
    TR: Scout Squad (55) 5x Boltgun (0) Chainsword - Sergeant (0) - [4PL, 55pts]
    EL: Aggressor Squad (126) 6x Boltstorm Gauntlets (72) 6x Fragstorm Grenade Launcher (24) [10PL, 222pts]
    HS: Thunderfire Cannon (55) Gunner (26) Plasma Cutter (5) Flamer (6) [5PL, 92pts]
    HS: Whirlwind (65) Whirlwind Vengeance Launcher (20) [4PL, 85pts]
    HS: Whirlwind (65) Whirlwind Vengeance Launcher (20) [4PL, 85pts]"

Spoiler: 3:Ultramarines
    Show

Command Points: 11
    ++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Ultramarines) [18 PL, 350pts] +
    + Lord of War +
    Roboute Guilliman [18 PL, 350pts] Warlord

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Ultramarines) [88 PL, 1.650pts] ++
    + HQ +
    Chaplain [5 PL, 90pts]: Jump Pack, Boltgun
    Librarian [5 PL, 90pts]: Force axe, Boltgun
    + Troops +
    10 Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 171pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Chainsword
    Scout Squad [4 PL, 55pts]: Combat Knife
    + Elites +
    5 Aggressor Squad [10 PL, 185pts]
    + Heavy Support +
    Eliminator Squad [4 PL, 74pts]: Instigator Bolt Carbine
    Eliminator Squad [4 PL, 74pts]: Instigator Bolt Carbine
    Thunderfire Cannon [4 PL, 92pts]

+ Dedicated Transport +
    Repulsor [15 PL, 325pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Auto Launchers, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon,
    Icarus Rocket Pod, 2x Krakstorm Grenade Launcher, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Twin lascannon, Ironhail Heavy Stubber

Repulsor [15 PL, 329pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, 2x Krakstorm Grenade Launcher,
    Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Storm bolter, Twin lascannon, Ironhail Heavy Stubber, Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Spoiler: 2:Aeldari
    Show

Total CP - 10

Battalion Detachment 5CP (Craftworlds) [49pl, 781pts]
    Craftworld: Saim-hann
    -HQ-
    Farseer [6pl, 110pts ] Shuriken Pistol, Witchblade, Faolchu's Wing, Doom, Guide
    Warlock Skyrunner [4pl, 67pts] Twin Shuriken Catapult, Witchblade, Protect/Jinx, Warlord
    -Troop-
    Guardian Defenders [9pl, 135pts] x15, Heavy Weapon Platform, Shuriken Cannon
    Guardian Defenders [9pl, 135pts] x15, Heavy Weapon Platform, Shuriken Cannon
    Guardian Defenders [9pl, 127pts] x14, Heavy Weapon Platform, Shuriken Cannon
    -Fast Attack-
    Windriders [12pl, 207pts] x9, Scatter Lasers

Air Wing Detachment 1CP (Craftworlds) [27pl, 483pts]
    Craftworld: Alaitoc
    -Flyer-
    Crimson Hunter Exarch [9pl, 161pts] Pulse Laser, 2 Starcannons

Air Wing Detachment 1CP () [42pl, 735pts]
    Kabal: Kabal of the Black Heart
    -Flyer-
    Razorwing Jetfighter [8pl, 135pts] 2 Disintegrator Cannons, Twin Splinter Rifle
    Voidraven Bomber [9pl, 165pts] 2 Dark Scythes, Voidraven Missiles
    Voidraven Bomber [9pl, 165pts] 2 Dark Scythes, Voidraven Missiles

Spoiler: 1:Aeldari
    Show

== Flyer Wing, +1CP, CRAFTWORLD ELDAR - ALAITOC [621pts] ==
    FL1: Crimson Hunter Exarch (135), Pulse laser (0), 2 Starcannons [26] [161pts][9PL]
    FL2: Crimson Hunter Exarch (135), Pulse laser (0), 2 Starcannons [26] [161pts][9PL]
    FL3: Crimson Hunter Exarch (135), Pulse laser (0), 2 Starcannons [26] [161pts][9PL]
    FL4: Nightwing (76) with twin bright lances (40), twin shuriken cannons (17) and a Crystal Targeting Matrix (5) [138pts][8PL]

== Spearhead, +1CP, CRAFTWORLD ELDAR - ALAITOC [661pts] ==
    HQ1: Farseer Skyrunner (130), twin shuriken catapult (2) [132pts][7PL]
    POWERS: Smite, Doom, Guide

HQ2: Warlock Skyrunner (65), Twin Shrunken Catapults (2) [67pts][4PL]
    POWERS: Protect/Jinx, Smite

HS1: Nightspinner (110) with twin shuriken catapults (2) [112pts][8PL]
    HS2: Support Weapon (25), Shadow Weaver (12) [37pts][3PL]
    HS3: Support Weapon (25), Shadow Weaver (12) [37pts][3PL]
    FL5: Nightwing (76) with twin bright lances (40), twin shuriken cannons (17) and a Crystal Targeting Matrix (5) [138pts][8PL]
    FL6: Nightwing (76) with twin bright lances (40), twin shuriken cannons (17) and a Crystal Targeting Matrix (5) [138pts][8PL]

== Spearhead, +1CP, - Kabal of The Black Heart [717pts] ==
    HQ3: Archon (70) with Venom Blade (2) [72pts][4PL]
    WARLORD: Labyrinthine Cunning Trait / Writ of the Living Muse Relic
    HS4: Ravager (80) with three Disintegrators (45) [125pts][7PL]
    HS5: Ravager (80) with three Disintegrators (45) [125pts][7PL]
    HS6: Ravager (80) with three Disintegrators (45) [125pts][7PL]
    FL7: Razorwing Jet Fighter (105), 2xDisintegrator cannon (30) [135pts][8PL]
    FL8: Razorwing Jet Fighter (105), 2xDisintegrator cannon (30) [135pts][8PL]

CP 6
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

16. - Top - End - #376

Griffon

Pretty much. Your opponent can't not sack the ball carrier. There isn't a wrong choice because there is only one choice. What are you gonna do? Not sack the ball carrier? You know he's got a 2+ for Agility rolls, right? He'll just run around you if you don't Blitz him.
    By forcing my opponent into that situation, they have to Blitz, giving me a Dump Off.
    It's what I was thinking then - a tactic that only works at TV1000 because as soon as you meet some elves/goblins that have picked up Diving Tackle (or any Kislev/Slann team for that matter, as they get it as standard AND they are as good at manoeuvring as you) then it starts to fall apart.

Again, not telling you that you're wrong or anything, but in a normal League you're about 2 or 3 games away from meeting a Stormvermin or Beastman with Mighty Blow/Pile On and that AV7 Runner is toast. But that's why Tournaments are different to Leagues.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-09-16 at 12:31 PM.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

I'm part of an online Blood Bowl community called Blood Bowl Tactics, so if you want advice there's just oodles of it.

As someone else mentioned, it's VERY not balanced, but it's also not supposed to be.

Dorfs are not the best starting team, but neither are they the worst. They're good, solid, hard to injure until someone like Chaos starts getting real skills, and every player has a clearly defined job and does it well. That said, they're also the slowest team in the game, so against a team that knows how to position it can be difficult to have any gameplan besides "Stand in front of enemy. If on offense, try to kill the enemy and get through them. If on defense, try to spread out enough that they can't get through you, but mostly understand playing defense if they're fast is really difficult and just try to kill enough of them that when it's your turn to play offense enough of them are dead they can't stop you."
    Out of curiosities sake, how do the Skaven handle?

18. - Top - End - #378

Beholder

Never thought I would see the day there were going to be plastic incubi.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mepage-post-1/
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair14 View Post
    Highlighting black is for weirdos. Every time I see blue highlights over black armour it makes me want to puke - it looks bloody terrible.

If you absolutely must, there's a new really, really, really, really REALLY dark grey/charcoal colour GW has released a while back called Corvus Black. You could maybe base with that and "highlight" with Abbadon (or visa versa).

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    Never thought I would see the day there were going to be plastic incubi.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mepage-post-1/
    Of all the kits that needed an update to plastic, Incubi were one of the last in line.

Don't get me wrong, they look great and Incubi and Boats were are the reason I have been on the cusp of starting a DE army for half a decade, but there's a bunch of other models *cough* aspect warriors *cough* who needed this more than they did.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
    Of all the kits that needed an update to plastic, Incubi were one of the last in line.

Don't get me wrong, they look great and Incubi and Boats were are the reason I have been on the cusp of starting a DE army for half a decade, but there's a bunch of other models *cough* aspect warriors *cough* who needed this more than they did.
    I'm fairly certain they are teasing a box set with both these new plastic Incubi and the plastic Banshees.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

21. - Top - End - #381
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
    Highlighting black is for weirdos. Every time I see blue highlights over black armour it makes me want to puke - it looks bloody terrible.

If you absolutely must, there's a new really, really, really, really REALLY dark grey/charcoal colour GW has released a while back called Corvus Black. You could maybe base with that and "highlight" with Abbadon (or visa versa).
    Unless you are going for a Tron look. Necrons / Tyranids in black with neon edge highlight are pretty cool when done well.

Ive seen people have some success with a basecoat of leadbelcher followed by black templar (contrast). Of course, this may be why black templar is unobtanium at times. Another way is to go the usual glossy way through adding 'ardcoat and letting the shine be your highlight.

As for the plastic Incubi, Im not sure if its more or less unnecessary than the new banshees. More so because its not even a new design. It would be cool for Kill Team I guess? Still, pretty damn underwhelming as the first 2 entrys of the much hyped 'psychic awakening'.

22. - Top - End - #382

Griffon

I'm okay with a new narrative set being Aeldari vs. Drucharii. It's an interesting mix that we've not yet had in a boxed set before now, so why not?

I'm less thrilled about it (supposedly?) being the flagship boxed set for an event called "Psychic Awakening" and one of those two factions has been literally incapable of using psychic powers for the last 20 years since they were created.

Why not make it go with a bang and fill the first Psychic Awakening box with Grey Knights vs Thousand Sons? Or Daemons of Tzeentch vs Orks and do something wacky with the "Orks are inherently psychic in big numbers, so now squads of 20+ become Brotherhood of Psykers" lore?

But no. Psychic "only one of these teams can use the new rules" Awakening. I sincerely hope to be proven wrong, but it just seems so.... dumb.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-09-16 at 04:32 PM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Banned

I'm okay with a new narrative set being Aeldari vs. Drucharii. It's an interesting mix that we've not yet had in a boxed set before now, so why not?

I'm less thrilled about it (supposedly?) being the flagship boxed set for an event called "Psychic Awakening" and one of those two factions has been literally incapable of using psychic powers for the last 20 years since they were created.

Why not make it go with a bang and fill the first Psychic Awakening box with Grey Knights vs Thousand Sons? Or Daemons of Tzeentch vs Orks and do something wacky with the "Orks are inherently psychic in big numbers, so now squads of 20+ become Brotherhood of Psykers" lore?

But no. Psychic "only one of these teams can use the new rules" Awakening. I sincerely hope to be proven wrong, but it just seems so.... dumb.
    Even then, do you think 'Howling Banshees' when you think about psychic eldars? I mean, plastic warlock council in bikes would've been amazing. Or an spiritseer in a bike. Or actual gear for an Autarch (has nothing to do with it, Im just salty). Anything but 'melee units with T3 and no inv. that die to bolters'.

24. - Top - End - #384

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    I'm fairly certain they are teasing a box set with both these new plastic Incubi and the plastic Banshees.
    A Dark Eldar vs Craftworld box in the vein of Forgebane would be pretty cool. And would lead neatly into Ynnari-shinanagens.
    Looking back on sanity from the other side, and laughing really loudly

"In the whole of oWOD, there are only five normal people not somehow tied to the great supernatural conspiracy, and three of them were Elvis."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    If Ravenloft has taught me anything, darkness only makes the stars shine brighter.
    Bowl of Petunias avatar by Rincewind

25. - Top - End - #385
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Voidhawk View Post
    A Dark Eldar vs Craftworld box in the vein of Forgebane would be pretty cool. And would lead neatly into Ynnari-shinanagens.
    Im not sure if Ynnari works like that anymore, since the WD Index. I think other than Shadowspear, most boxed sets have been pretty meh. Wake the Dead was saddled with a poor choice of minis, Tooth and Claw had Wolves who are pretty useless (hopefully up for a rework alongside the other non-codex marines), and I dont remember Forgebane making any splashes. Renegade was also great, but then, anything with cheap(er) knights is great.
    Last edited by LansXero; 2019-09-16 at 05:41 PM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    Even then, do you think 'Howling Banshees' when you think about psychic eldars? I mean, plastic warlock council in bikes would've been amazing..
    ...What, like the plastic Farseer on bike and plastic Warlock on bike models that were released a few years ago?

My big hope is that our "unmissable reveal" next week is Drazhar and Jain Zar... but it's a pretty forlorn one.
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

On the contrary, I'm glad that one of the factions traditionally doesn't use psychic powers because it will give us an idea of how those factions will be treated. Will they get fancy new wargear or abilities to interact and interfere with psychic powers? Will they get Not!psychic powers like the C'tan have? A little of both? Something completely different? Nothing at all? I want to know.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

28. - Top - End - #388

NecromancerGuy

I suspect it’ll turn out that Psychic Awakening is poorly named. It seems to be the name of a campaign/story, but it very heavily implies major rules changes to the base game. All we really know so far is that every faction will get new models at some point and that it is not endless psychic powers. Right now, I’m not expecting anything particularly psychic to occur!
    Evil round every corner, careful not to step in any.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    ...What, like the plastic Farseer on bike and plastic Warlock on bike models that were released a few years ago?

My big hope is that our "unmissable reveal" next week is Drazhar and Jain Zar... but it's a pretty forlorn one.
    Yup, but on a box set so they arent 33$ a piece, hopefully couple with Dark Reapers xD

Although, if the box is 1 Autarch, 10 guardians 5 banshees 1 Crimson Hunter vs 1 Archon 10 kabalites 5 Incubi 1 Razorwing, I'd be pretty happy :v

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

That will be the theme for the next 12 months, as we get drip fed several campaign books every other month. Is GW gonna tell us the release order and who's last? Hell no.
    ...But wont you be excited when it's your turn?
    Get your audience hyped to wait. Great marketing strategy.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome