Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 242
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    "You're not going anywhere!" shouts Leddan. "Sent? Who sent you? Are you taking orders from outgroupers now?"

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Well, you all saw me die. Yet here I am. Obviously I have been sent back. That wouldn't have been done without some purpose. I will say no more.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    "You sure won't," growls the unidentified weapon-polisher, brandishing his axe.
    "No, wait, the Mother may have plans," hisses Leddan.

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Of course. Now, let me pass.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    "Ohhhh no," says Leddan. "You're not going anywhere."

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    You cannot stop me, Ledden. I apologize, but this is beyond your control?

    Byron draws his weapon.

    Now please let me pass. I do not want to harm any of you, but I have been sent , and I must complete my task.

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Those remaining three people in the room go for weapons themselves; the door out of the room is now blocked by five armed commoners. ((Map of the room with people on it available on request.))

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    I guess you leave me no choice. I'm sorry. This will hurt me more than it hurts you, Ledden.

    With that, Byron moves forward and attacks.

    Initiative (1d20+1)[3]

    On Byron's Initiative, he will swing his mace at a commoner adjacent to him, attempting to deal subdual damage.

    Attack (1d20+3)[22]

    Damage (1d8+2)[7]

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    ((Init from Zeke, please.))

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kai-Palin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    ((Sorry about that. And consider this a request for a map, as well. To be sure, there are five people besides us in the room, correct?))
    Zeke

    "Circe, we'll probably be alright, but be ready. Things may turn out poorly, I'll let you know in a second."
    Zeke subvocalizes, and Circe hears his words as though spoken from beside her.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+1)[18]

    Brother Byron, put away your weapon, quickly. says a telepathic voice to the cleric, the same light female voice he has heard from Zeke before.

    Zeke closes his eyes briefly and hums low in his throat, the sound resonating through the room. The force of his power settles over the peasants like a cloak.
    Don't attack us, we bring no harm. Welcome your brother back to your midst, and his guide as well.

    (Psionic Suggestion affecting the five people in the room. DC 16 Will save to resist.)
    Last edited by Kai-Palin; 2008-02-01 at 07:16 PM.

    Thanks, Shades of Gray, for the avatar!

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    ((There are 5 peasants in the room. Zeke has 5 levels in psion, Psionic Suggestion costs 3 PP plus two per additional person. Unless there's something nonobvious you're doing that I don't know about, you can only suggest to two peasants with one iteration of the power.))

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kai-Palin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    ((You're right, I forgot about the whole "no more PP than level on single power" thing. Sorry. This is, after all, my first psionic character. Alright, Zeke tries to suggest to the two closest to him.
    Even suppressed, the auditory effect is noticeable for all within 15 feet via a DC 10 Listen check. I assumed they all heard it.))
    Last edited by Kai-Palin; 2008-02-02 at 03:00 PM.

    Thanks, Shades of Gray, for the avatar!

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    ((Is the suggestion "audible" to the other peasants as well, and are you suppressing the display of the power or not?))

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    ((Okay, for future reference, DO NOT answer my clarifying questions by editing previous posts. It will not cause the post to pop up in my control panel, which is the primary way I see if you guys have done anything. That means I won't see it until I get mightily impatient and check the thread itself. If you have anything whatsoever to say, make a new post. Editing is for correcting small mistakes BEFORE anyone else posts in response to you.

    Furthermore, you didn't even answer my whole question. Are the actual words of the thing you are suggesting (don't attack us, welcome your brother back, etc.) audible to the peasants who you are not targeting with your power? Or are you only "talking" to those two? Since you are communicating telepathically, you could do it either way you chose.))
    Last edited by Alicorn; 2008-02-11 at 10:59 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kai-Palin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    ((I believe the suggestion itself is audible only to those it targets. As for editing posts, I had assumed that since I edited it while you were still online, in fact mere minutes after you had posted, that you would have seen it. At some point you will have to be a DM and put in the bits that I don't.))

    Thanks, Shades of Gray, for the avatar!

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    ((Noted. In the future if I find that clarifying questions are not answered completely, visibly, and promptly I will make the least charitable assumptions possible and proceed.))

    "Leddan, this is Maphid, not some random intruder," says one of the peasants targeted, lowering his weapon.
    "Yeah, and he couldn't have come back if it weren't the will of -" begins another.
    "Shut up," says Leddan, looking as though he recognizes the significance of the psionic hum all too well and glaring at the pair of visitors.
    "But he's -" says the first suggested peasant.
    "No, damn you both, I'm the foremost in the room and -" says Leddan, stopping short when another man whom Byron doesn't recognize sweeps into the chamber.
    "What," he says in a booming voice, "is going on here?" He fixes Byron with a suspicious, forbidding stare.

    ((Pausing for any reaction from Byron and/or Zeke. Will post with the peasants' report to the new arrival soonish.))

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Byron will wait to see what plays out.

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DarkLadyOfTheSith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Circe

    Circe counts out the minutes, waiting for the allotted time.

    (Just posting to let you know I'm still here. =) )
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Avatar courtesy of Vael

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    "Brother," exclaims Leddan to the new arrival, "these people - Maphid and this other - they just came down the stairs - And the other one's done something to Barses and Talaile, there was a humming sound and then -"

    "Maphid?" interrupts the arrival, raising an eyebrow at Byron. "And how could that be?"

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    I've been sent here. That you cannot deny. How I came here does not concern you.

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    "If you are truly who you appear to be, you will submit to my authority as before and tell me everything I wish to know, or be slain a second time. If you are not Maphid, you will be slain anyway for venturing to invade here. This is your last chance to explain," says the newcomer.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    I'm not sure I can explain. The will of the gods rarely is explainable. All I know is that I knew I had to come here. And now that I am here, I am finding my purpose. If you do not find that explanation satisfactory, then you can slay me again. And then again when I return. And maybe then you'll figure it out.

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    "Kill him," the man orders the peasantry tersely. "And the other."

    The two peasants under Zeke's power wince as the order conflicts with the compulsion, but don't move to attack. The other three, however, do.

    ((Let's get new inits please; you have until I get impatient to not be dropped to the bottom of the initiative order.))

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    (1d20+1)[7]

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kai-Palin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Zeke

    (1d20+1)[21]

    Thanks, Shades of Gray, for the avatar!

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Initiative Order:

    Newcomer
    Leddan
    Uncompelled Peasant 1
    Zeke
    Uncompelled Peasant 2
    Byron

    Having issued his order, the newcomer seizes both of the suggested peasants by their shirts and begins leading them none too gently back in the direction he came. They offer him no resistance.

    Leddan rushes at Byron and attacks him with his sword; he misses.

    Uncompelled Peasant 1 attacks Zeke with his axe and deals 4 damage.

    Zeke's turn. Byron may post conditional actions if he likes also.

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    With Ledden attacking him, Byron uses his mace, but attempts to only render Ledden unconscious.

    Attack (1d20+3)[20]
    Subdual Damage (1d8+2)[4]

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Kai-Palin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Zeke

    Sucking in breath as the axe hits its mark, Zeke dodges to one side and makes fleeting, outlining gestures with one hand, tracing a large rectangle in front of himself.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast: Shield
    Casting Defensively: (1d20+19)[25] Needs to make DC 16, I believe
    Becoming Psionically focused: (1d20+19)[25] DC 20, I believe. And this provokes an AoO


    Then, with combat reeling around him, he takes a moment to collect his thoughts, centering himself in the melee. ((Becoming Psionically focused (move action)) Knowing that this move will leave him open, he relies on his now augmented defenses to protect him.

    If he gets the opportunity, he whispers through the ring to Circe, "We've engaged people down here. If you wish to help us, feel free to come down."

    AC: 22, HP: 17, Effects: Shield 1/60 rnds (6 mins), Inertial Armor 3/5 hrs.

    Thanks, Shades of Gray, for the avatar!

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Elemental Plane of Air
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Uncompelled Peasant 1 takes his AoO against Zeke and misses completely.

    Uncompelled Peasant 2 attacks Byron and misses.

    Byron's attack on Leddan hits, but doesn't subdue him completely.

    Leddan returns the attack, hitting Byron for 2 damage.

    Uncompelled Peasant 1 attacks Zeke again and misses again.

    Zeke's turn.
    Last edited by Alicorn; 2008-02-16 at 01:19 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Underground Laboratory

    Default Re: Selberath I: Calling

    Byron

    Byron will repeat his effort to render Ledden unconscious.

    Attack (1d20+3)[11]
    Damage (1d8+2)[7]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •