New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia IV - Star Wars - Night 2

((Oh bum...I was enjoying this game! Oh well, go agents we will be victorious!

Han Solo, my ghost will hunt you down and kill you ))

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

The Rodian leans back on his three-legged stool, and pulls a hip flask from his, well, hip. It has a pungent odour and is giving off fumes which look likely to burn the inside of your nostrils/proboscis/slits/nasal organ. He proffers it to the protocol droid,

<You want some? It might calm your circuits. Actually it might not be such a good idea.> he takes a swig and puts the flask back, laughing, <You're not so bad, bucket head. You needn't be so uneasy, I'm bonafide you know. I don't work for no master, let alone those slimy Hutts. I'm bonafide.> the Rodian seems slightly drunk, and continues to take draughts of the noxious liquid. Whatever liquor is in the flask has an extremely high proof. <You're a good friend, a goodsh friend. Not like that (Zar) Peter guy..uh, thing. He's no good, no good at all.>

The Rodian continues to talk to the protocol droid until he finally passes out on the table, burbling slightly in his sleep.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Halfling in the Playground

Mordokai,

I appreciate your point of view about making your own mind up and fully agree. However I think you will find that generally I present evidence/theories first and then make suggestions for lynch. You seem to suggest that no-one should vote for Topher because I suggested pointing at him, rather than because my reasoning is faulty in any specific.

If Topher is a bad guy of any stripe I think we should look at you next.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    Mordokai,

I appreciate your point of view about making your own mind up and fully agree. However I think you will find that generally I present evidence/theories first and then make suggestions for lynch. You seem to suggest that no-one should vote for Topher because I suggested pointing at him, rather than because my reasoning is faulty in any specific.

If Topher is a bad guy of any stripe I think we should look at you next.
    Remind us again what your reasoning is.
    Why do you think topher is guilty?
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2007-12-08 at 01:02 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

I think that topher seems the most suspicious of bandwagon targets so far... Pity about Figrin... the band just won't be quite the same without him...
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

deathstickssss for you, fine drunken soul?
    yes, i meant you, Mr. Korias
    Last edited by Crimmy; 2007-12-09 at 01:40 AM.
    Last edited by Crimmy : Tomorrow at 26:72 DM.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Avatarist has gone on hiatus. Give me your feedback, please
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Firbolg in the Playground

"How come Jabby de Hup hasn't truned Mr Sowo into a pwtty picture yet? And why is Capain Pilchard dead Mummy? He's fwom Star Twek, not Staw Waws. And dere's a Bath pwetending to be a wobot. It's nofin wike de films is it? And someone stole my camewa! I fink the moving Baf did it because I don't wike Bafs. I don't do I Mummy?" The girl runs overs to the bath and starts pestering it about her camera.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Dr. Bath (not the Rodian) is being harassed by the little girl,

"What?! No! I didn't take your camera, I'm not supposed to even be here! Someone, please help! Little girls are like poison to me. Arggh! Ow, that really hurts! Stop pulling on my faucets, it's painful!"

The animated bath breaks down,

"I *sob* don't even exist in this universe! *sniff* Why do you torment me so, little girl."

9. - Top - End - #159

"I saw the woboty baf take my camewa! I want my camewa back! Daddy gave it me. I - want - my - camewa - back!" The last word is delivered in a scream as the hysteical child starts pulling on the plug chain. "Mummy sayth bweaking forf walls to get fieves is OK. Give me my camerwa NOW!"

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

As the little girl pulls on the plug chain Dr. Bath starts to laugh,
    "No..stop...that tickles...please! *gasp* Stop!"
    the bath has rolled onto it's side due to the fit of laughter,
    "....please..stop, I didn't....take your...camera." As Dr. Bath regains his composure, he gets back upright,
    "It must have been that guy over there!" he waves his hand vaguely and trues to make an agonisingly slow gettaway.
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2007-12-09 at 10:18 AM.

11. - Top - End - #161

Calming down amazingly quickly the small child says solemnly "Weeell, I fink I b'weive you acos Mummy sayth Bafs don't wie. Maybe dat man did take it; but Iwike you." The girl takes a pen out from a dungaree pocket and tries to draw a big smiley face on the Bath with the words I like the funny Bath. underneath the smily face.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Autolynch update - Following players need to vote today....)

Aemoh
    Lord Magtok
    Pwenet
    Shadow
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

If Shadow is autolynched does that mean the rule of shadow is being followed?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The thing is, there are two mafias in this game. Even if shadow did work for one of them, why wouldn't the other kill him?
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2007-12-09 at 11:26 AM.

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    Remind us again what your reasoning is.
    Why do you think topher is guilty?
    So far as I can tell, I'm guilty because Jontom said I was. He did give some reason stating that everyone playing these games behaves in one predictable way. Apparently, my behavior didn’t fall into his model thus I must be evil.
    Unfortunately, he seems to have convinced several people *sigh*.

Points at Korias because what I have heard of this shadow rule is really ignorant.
    You haven’t got a womb. Where’s the fetus gonna gestate; you gonna keep it in a box?
    Don’t fear the darkness, fear what it hides.

Spoiler
    Show

Avatar and sig picture by kpenguin.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

"You made your point Jontom, on that we agree. It could, however, be a clever plot to get somebody you want dead killed. And from the looks of it, people are buying it. And already you are accusing me of being one of the the imperial of huttese scum? Trully, the speed which you proceed to assure that somebody gets lynched is astonishing.

Whenever the topher is imperial, huttese or rebel matters little. I know where my alliance lies, and your accusations don't hurt me. I will, however, tell you this. If topher is lynched and he turns out to be one of the good guys I hope that you will take the burden of your accusations on yourself. I'm sure that will be a... pleasant experience, yes?"
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

The old man looks around at all the people arguing about who might be an Imperial agent and who might be a Hutt gangster. He hears the argument from Korias and decides that, out of those speaking, he's the one he disagrees with the most.
    May your last breath also be your mintiest.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

((Also, note To Andre about Pwenet. It's not my place to say this, but he is having some real life difficulties, described in this post. If it would be me, I would want somebody to tell the others, in case I might have forgoten. So, I think it would be nice of you if you would give him at least a couple more days.))
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

((Andre and I have been talking to Pwenet about his family stuff. I believe I also saw a post somewhere from Shadow stating that he was having trouble connecting lately or something.))
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

(When voting please use Red for the point. If you change your vote, go back to your original vote and cross out your original point please.

Also, if there is a tie, the first person pointed at first will be the person lynched.)
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

21. - Top - End - #171

A dark, shadowy guy in dark robes points a shiny metal finger at Korias.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    A dark, shadowy guy in dark robes points a shiny metal finger at Korias.
    Et Tu, Maggie? I thought we were allies. I expected better of you, comrade. Says Korias, resigning himself to a fate by invoking the Rule of Shadow.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Speaking of which - Shadow is not at a computer right now but points his finger at Evnafets.

24. - Top - End - #174

OldWizardGuy

The blind man stumbles around and bumps into Korias before staggering off, muttering under his breath about traffic in this area.
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    I'm feeling this real hard now.
    Curse you, Pwenet. Curse you.... You had my hopes up there...

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia IV - Star Wars - Night 3

The pod races hardly had any spectators this season. Even though the Empire had blockaded Tatooine not allowing any off planet participants or even a couple thousand tourists to land, the organizers decided to continue on with the competition.

The rules were rarely enforced, the podracers were often flown using stolen parts, cheating was rampant, and child labor laws were ignored by gangsters and gamblers.

A podracer and his manager are in conversation:
    (Racer) “I need bigger engines.”

(Manager) “You always say that, win some races and we’ll have some credits for some upgrades.”

(Racer) “But I’ve got an idea. That other racer – that kid – he doesn’t know anything. He’ll trade us for some bigger engines.”

(Manager) “What does he want?”

(Racer) “I think he just want’s off the planet. We’ll just buy him a ticket, and trade him for the engines. I was talking to him a little while ago, he doesn’t even know there’s a blockade! We’ll buy him a non-refundable ticket, make a big deal out of it, and trade him my engines for his engines!”

(Manager) “You mean cheat him, and give him your inferior engines in the deal? I like it! Let’s do it!”

So the deal was made – the racer with shaky ethics and his manager cheated the young pod racer, taking advantage of the young racers’ age and ignorance of the current political situation.

The next day, the practices and qualifying heats for the annual Boonta Eve Classic hosted by the Hutts. As the podracers began to practice, the young podracer took off with his own new engines – the right one almost immediately flamed out and the kid spun in circles crashing into a residential area of Mos Eisley, exploding into flames and running around on fire until some Rodian threw a blanket on him to put out the fire.

The racer looked at his manager, shrugged, and said “I don’t even know why they let kids fly these things. They need an age limit or something.”

Spoiler
    Show
    Aemoh and Korias were killed when the young podracer’s engines flew off and smashed into the crowd.

Aemoh was autolynched. Aemoh was a Rebel (Villager).
    Korias was lynched. Korias was a Rebel (Villager).

NIGHT 3 STARTS NOW

NIGHT 3 ENDS 9 PM EST (-5 GMT) MONDAY DEC 10
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-12-09 at 11:29 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    "You made your point Jontom, on that we agree. It could, however, be a clever plot to get somebody you want dead killed. And from the looks of it, people are buying it. And already you are accusing me of being one of the the imperial of huttese scum? Trully, the speed which you proceed to assure that somebody gets lynched is astonishing.

Whenever the topher is imperial, huttese or rebel matters little. I know where my alliance lies, and your accusations don't hurt me. I will, however, tell you this. If topher is lynched and he turns out to be one of the good guys I hope that you will take the burden of your accusations on yourself. I'm sure that will be a... pleasant experience, yes?"
    Ooh, ooh, someone engaging their brain when entering into a logical debate with me. I like you more and more already.

I'm not being sarcastic. I'm serious. And fed up of people spouting dubious logic and untruths in these inevitable debates. Which you're not.

Anyway, yes, if Topher turns out to be innocent then I'll look suspicious, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. Without hard proof I always make a few mistakes. However the mistakes I make tend to be fewer in proportion than the proportion of werewolves/bad guys in these games. Usually.

I'd also just like to ask: Does anyone else find it suspicious that Topher got off the hook? I have to analyse the voting, but I suspect that a few of one faction pointed at Topher on the grounds that I might be right and a few of Topher's faction (assuming I'm right) helped the Korias bandwagon along to help him.

This brings me to the point where I really feel Topher needs to die. IF he is a bad guy then this round adds valuable clues to finding other bad guys. It is possible he isn't, but that too, if we knew it for sure, would help analysis and finding bad guys. But we need to know which he is.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

27. - Top - End - #177

See? Innocent. Good job, everybody! No helping it... Invoking the rule of shadow is a bad Idea...

28. - Top - End - #178
    Pixie in the Playground

((Damn... so close to not getting auto-d. Lost internet connection unexpectedly there for nearly a week. Sorry all. G'luck to everyone))

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia IV - Star Wars - Day 4

The Twin Suns ascend into the sky- another scorching day is beginning. A solitary Twi’lek walks into the Cantina, looks around the assorted dirty, desperate, and tough characters still hanging around at this early phase, before settling his eyes on one in particular. He smiles and walks over to his target.

Jabba naga chuba. Boska! (Jabba wants you. Let’s go!)

As the target looks for a quick exit, he sees two other Twi’leks and a masked bounty hunter with blasters trained on him, covering his every move.

I’d love to visit Jabba. But I have a pressing engagement elsewhere!

The man runs towards the exit, but a figure leaps from under a table and clubs him on the back of the head, just as he was closing on the exit.

*darkness*

The man wakens in a dark, smelly place. As he groans and rubs the back of his head, feeling a huge lump there, he looks around, wondering where he is…he hears heavy footsteps…and laughter…looking up, he sees a trapdoor…and Jabba’s grinning face!

Bagbu uma Solo! (Tell me, where is Solo!)
    I...I don’t know!

Vaga neechu! (Then die!)

(Drat! Image of the Rancor didn't work!)

Spoiler
    Show
    Jontom Xire was killed by Jabba the Hutt and his Gangsters. He was a Rebel (villager).

Elsewhere in Mos Eisley, a Storm Trooper patrol spots another lone figure, out so very early. They immediately attempt to apprehend him.

You there! Stop where you are. We need to take you in for questioning!Yeah, questioning…*laughter*

Like any upstanding citizen of Mos Eisley, the figure immediately runs away! The Storm Troopers begin firing, at this point not needing to ask questions. Suddenly, another figure leaps into the path of the blaster fire, a blue lightsaber blazing into life! It deflects each blaster bolt back into the mass of Troopers…scattering them. The first figure makes clean its getaway…the Jedi Master melts back into the pre-dawn darkness…

Spoiler
    Show
    The Imperials attempted to kill someone. They were protected by Luke Skywalker.

DAY 4 BEGINS NOW
    Day 4 will end Thursday Dec 13 at 9:00 EST (-5 GMT)
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-12-11 at 07:58 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Mafia IV - Star Wars - Day 4

It appears to me that maybe JX was onto something. And it got 'im killed. I point at Topher to see where this takes us.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!