New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1494

Thread: Anti-Heroes

1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Anti-Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Nah, he just stayed in character and SERIOUSLY freaked people out.

I mean, he thinks she's hot, so he stares at her while she sleeps, with no possibility for retaliation...
    There's possibility of retaliation while she's awake?

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticEvilGuy View Post
    Is Kaal developing something more than lust for Lana?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    Nah, he just stayed in character and SERIOUSLY freaked people out. I mean, he thinks she's hot, so he stares at her while she sleeps, with no possibility for retaliation...
    Also, he's a ghost, so he has no need for sleep. Still, he needs to do SOMETHING to pass the time. Given his incorporeal status, he probably spies on people all the time, if only to break the boredom of undeath ...

The dude seriously needs a girlfriend.
    Last edited by FoE; 2008-03-20 at 12:32 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

im sorry i just cant get into it. the story is bland, the characters are annoying -- i cant relate, befriend or even care about any of them.

this is a very boring comic, nothing has captured me. i also dont care for the colors (bland) and the pointless writing and complete lack of jokes that take this story above 6th grade level (i think... maybe even younger).

this just goes to show, art isnt everything. you can take the great OotS art style, and take it nowhere.

i read 60 strips hoping to get at least interested at whatll happen next, but this trainwreck doesnt even pull me that far.

its like that tenacious D song "cosmic shame"... "sometimes you follow your heart, and sometimes your heart cuts a fart..."

now im not just hating, 60 strips is more than enough to enthrall and pull people in, so its not like i havent given it a chance.

i truly hope someone else takes the OotS art style and does something interesting with it. some good satire/adventure writers... please!

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

*puts on air-raid helmet*

*hides in Anderson shelter*

*waits for the backlash, probably led by a whip wielding FoE*

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Barbarian in the Playground

Freedom of speach, right?

I vote "I like it!"

It's a pity you don't like it but the forums are quite big, so you should find something more to your taste out there, just give it a try.
    Orc Girl Avatar by Yeril !

Irideen Yoannaell,woodelf ranger Into the Depths of the Earth (Dawnhorn) character sheet

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Krelon View Post
    Freedom of speach, right?

I vote "I like it!"

It's a pity you don't like it but the forums are quite big, so you should find something more to your taste out there, just give it a try.
    i absolutely adore OotS and Erfworld. i posted a thread in "webcomics" entitled "Comics w/ D&D/RPG/MMO fantasy themes *the best*" looking for suggestions along w/ a list of my favs.

again, i apologize, im a little surprised no one else feels like i do, maybe i have too high standards? or maybe they do and i just havent read the last 45 pages...

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Halfling in the Playground
    confused Re: Anti-Heroes

It's not as if nobody's allowed to express dislike over this comic, but if you're not hating, isn't "Sixth-grade level story", "Train wreck", and "Hoping someone else does something interesting with the OotS art style" a bit overdoing it?

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Face Of Evil View Post
    The dude seriously needs a girlfriend.
    She does have a gaseous form. Maybe something there?

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by postulio View Post
    again, i apologize, im a little surprised no one else feels like i do, maybe i have too high standards? or maybe they do and i just havent read the last 45 pages...
    There probably ARE people who feel the same way,they just don't feel like posting their thoughts on the thread. You are entitled to your opinion, but antiHEROES doesn't have it's own site, it's own forum. It has this one thread. We can praise Zarah, say we didn't like a particular joke, note mistakes, or other critisisms that are constructive, but just saying that you hate the concept, or that it seems like a sixth grader wrote it, well then just stop reading...

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doopliss View Post
    It's not as if nobody's allowed to express dislike over this comic, but if you're not hating, isn't "Sixth-grade level story", "Train wreck", and "Hoping someone else does something interesting with the OotS art style" a bit overdoing it?
    Agreed. "I don't like it" would have sufficed. It's a given that you can't please everyone, but calling the comic a "trainwreck" is just mean, especially considering this is just a free comic Zarah is doing in his spare time. I'm not big on the other fancomics, but I don't post in their threads just to trash them. You know, like a complete ***hole would do.
    Last edited by FoE; 2008-03-20 at 06:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

i absolutely adore OotS and Erfworld. i posted a thread in "webcomics" entitled "Comics w/ D&D/RPG/MMO fantasy themes *the best*" looking for suggestions along w/ a list of my favs.

I believe that quite possibly this is due to the subtle humor that is often implied in these strips. I can see how it would be possible for someone who isn't use to jokes that aren't obvious to easily overlook the minute details that the rest of find extremely funny.

Often there are a string of jokes in one comic or it references a comic in the past or the personality of the characters instead of falling upon clichéd phrases. I personally love the style of writing used here. I am not a big fan of most syndicated strips because they tend to be short obvious one shot jokes. I prefer the clever humor employed here, while perhaps you are drawn to easily apparent jokes.

A preference of one kind or the other has nothing to do with having “high standards” but with have a different taste. I say kudos to Anti-Heroes for being different and appealing.
    We run away a lot, too!

12. - Top - End - #1452

Pretty much anything I can say to you has been said by others already. So, I'll keep it simple:

Everyone has different opinions, and you're entitled to yours. I respect that. I'll just ask that if you do decide to offer some more criticism, try to be a little more constructive.

Anyway, new comic:

Issue 60: The Not-So Shocking Turn of Events
    Spoiler
    Show
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ettin in the Playground

Awsome comic!
    It moved the plot forward A LOT, and also had some good jokes, if not a blatant punchline.

I'm kinda kicking myself for not releizing the whole 'east, north, south' thong before Lana brought it up...

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ditto to Phase.
    For everything.
    This is the most awesomest comic evar!
    ALL HAIL OUR BOVINE OVERLORD ZARAH!
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

Had I known what side that porthole was on, I'd probably have figured that out a while ago, but it's a pretty nice plot hook

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hehe, nice.

Same as Lying; it's hard to tell what side of the boat you're on if you don't really have any clues to go on.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    ALL HAIL OUR BOVINE OVERLORD ZARAH!
    Personally, I would call him an Ovine, being in the subfamily Caprinae, NOT the subfamily Bovinae. However, goats DO belong to the family Bovidae, so I see where you got confused... kinda...

18. - Top - End - #1458

Do you see where I got confused? It's right about... ^^THERE.^^
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ettin in the Playground

OverWilliam, your signature makes me happy. ^_^

20. - Top - End - #1460

I don't post here often enough. I love Anti Heroes, and it doesn't update often enough. Of course, if I demanded that Zarah produce a comic about twice a day, it might lose some quality . . . hmm.

I do love the recent turn of events. I can imagine that, "Oh crap . . . " moment of realization. "Oh crap . . . this is not East."
    Last edited by Helanna; 2008-03-20 at 08:33 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ettin in the Playground

"I think I took the wrong turn at Albequerque..."

Love the new comic. Brilliance befitting an evil genius.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ettin in the Playground

Let's review what we know then:

The bedroom of Keriss and Lana is on the left-hand side of the ship (Port, Starboard, I don't know). We know this from the East-West axis and their knowing the North-South variation.
    The ship is travelling South.
    The sunbeam is projecting through the porthole to the front of the ship, given the left-hand position, so they've past the equater.

So, we have some rudimentary positioning capability, but the most important thing to note is this:

If they were going North in reverse, the beam would travel to the back of the ship.

Why is that important? Because it means the further South they go, the more that sunbeam is going to shift towards Lana.
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2008-03-20 at 10:40 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

So you think she won't move before then?
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

im sorry i just cant get into it. the story is bland, the characters are annoying -- i cant relate, befriend or even care about any of them.

this is a very boring comic, nothing has captured me. i also dont care for the colors (bland) and the pointless writing and complete lack of jokes that take this story above 6th grade level (i think... maybe even younger).

this just goes to show, art isnt everything. you can take the great OotS art style, and take it nowhere.

i read 60 strips hoping to get at least interested at whatll happen next, but this trainwreck doesnt even pull me that far.

its like that tenacious D song "cosmic shame"... "sometimes you follow your heart, and sometimes your heart cuts a fart..."

now im not just hating, 60 strips is more than enough to enthrall and pull people in, so its not like i havent given it a chance.

i truly hope someone else takes the OotS art style and does something interesting with it. some good satire/adventure writers... please!
    I'd take the whole 6th grader comment a lot more seriously if you could capitalize the letter "i".
    You there! Cake or Death?

Cake please.

Very well, give him cake... we're going to run out of cake at this rate.

~Eddie Izzard on the Church of England

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

Or any other word at all.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

26. - Top - End - #1466

While you may have specific reasons for disliking the comic, might I suggest next time that you don't insult the person along with what they've put their heart into?
    I mean a bad review is fine, but really, no insults next time and people may be a bit more obliged to see things your way.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

I'd just like to note that, ignoring the more direct-seeming insults, the statement "maybe i have too high standards" I see as actually quite a bit more offensive, as you are kind of saying that you are right and we are reading it even though it is worse, because we can tolerate worse. Implies objectivity. It may not have been your intent, but still...

Certainly free to your opinion, maybe you hate the comic, but I suggest noting the ratio of zealous fans to statements of dislike in the thread before posting, then you can avoid this level of backlash...

Also: South! Oh crap!
    So...where's this going now! (Other than South. We know that part)
    Last edited by Icewalker; 2008-03-21 at 01:15 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1468

Okay people, we've had him in the rack long enough, we can stop with the verbal thumbscrews. I doubt he's even reading these anymore, and I don't blame him because he couldn't possibly refute each one. We scared him off, good hustle everyone, but let's let it go now.
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Szilard View Post
    So you think she won't move before then?
    She hasn't already, in fact from the last comic it seems she can't because said sunbeam is in the way.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground

*hands FoE his whip, the rest torches and pitchforks, leading the way myself firing my paintball gun*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!