New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: THE Mafia VI Return of the Departed Emerald Dragon - Day 3

It was a busy day in the city, so I hurried over to Lucky's as soon as I could...

There'd been a hit on a FoP member... and it didn't take a genius to figure out that there was a nasty struggle between the Order of Police and the Mafia...

I whipped out my sax and figured I'd see what I could catch while playing... no one really pays too much attention to the musicians in Lucky's... at least not while they're playing, so I figured I might hear something. The minute a musician stops playing, half the crowd wonders what he's up to, so my breaks would have to be short and sweet.

The voices against Lamech were loud and early, but they weren't going to convince me... They just thought that he looked suspicious, but I didn't think that there was much there, besides, he seemed a decent enough sort, and I didn't want to see him go...

I took a breather to down a drink a customer bought for me... about the only way the crowd will forgive a break, and I needed to refresh my mind. There was still the matter of who to suspect going through my mind full-speed.

So, I guess it's more likely Dr. Bath is guilty than Lamech... so that's how I'll point.
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

2. - Top - End - #302

The door opened with a crash, and the shouts of jubilation awoke me. It took me a second to recall where I was, but the smell of the place soon clarified that in my mind. I took my head of the bar counter. Must have drifted asleep here while listening to the match last night, either that or somebody put something in my glass. I reach and check for my wallet, yep still there. Must have been my body demanding more then my will could take. As the grogginess wore off, I looked over to see the commotion that stirred me from my slumber. There was Greg, surrounded by a smiling crowd. He look bruised and beaten, but alive. I smiled as he came over.

Round for the whole bar! He said to the bartender as he dropped quite a bit of money on the counter.

I take it you won?

Didn't you hear? Aw Max, it was awesome. He could hit pretty hard, I tell you, but I tried something the others hadn't before.

Oh yeah, what's that?

Dodging. He said, smiling smugly. I grinned at the humor of it. As he sat down, his face winced.

Man, you could use a Dr. or a hot bath or something. Want me to get one for you?

Nah, I don't need a Dr.. Bath? Well I tried to take one after the fight, but the press just wouldn't let me escape. So they followed me here, each one asking for an exclusive. Funny, how you can keep telling them the same thing, but no one seems to listen. They keep thinking there's more going on under the surface then what you say to them.

Well is there? I said, hoping to gain more know how of how Greg managed to overturn odds.

Nope. Just me and these tickets to the gun show. He said, raising his arms and flexing with a stupid grin. I laughed at his sillyness and asked him to recap the match for me. So he took me through the evening. I listened contemptly, it was nice to know that both of us had survived one more night.

((Yep, going with the logic. I hadn't looked historically enough to find who had/hadn't been on the bandwagons yet, so thanks Shadow for pointing that out. The "sleeper werewolf" role, normally associated with a Captain Van Der Decken, seems to be a tactic that Dr. Bath is trying. Either that, or he just isn't paying enough attention, which is also something that will get you killed in this game. As for Iamech - it looks like a frame up. Being the first to point, meh, but to have two people so quickly right after you - how come nobody is questioning Bushranger or Emperor Demonking? Seems to me like Iamech is just scrambling to remove himself from a firing squad he walked into. I'm not saying he's innocent, but I just wonder if he turned down the wrong alley?))
    Last edited by Supagoof; 2008-02-18 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Remove point for Dr. Bath.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

((Blegh, between the confusion of this game, IN, and having an aunt visit to help gramps with his finances, I'm not in a thinky mood. I'll point at Dr. Bath and call it a day.))

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Notice - When you make a vote change - make a new post. Cross off the vote of your original post and make a new post for the forum.)
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

5. - Top - End - #305
    Firbolg in the Playground

point at Dr. Bath
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2008-02-18 at 04:39 PM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

(In CS lab now, need to go talk to a professor in a bit, so point at Dr. Bath currently)

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Today is a bad day to be me.

I could see it in the movement of the crowds. Normally I'd be jostled and shoved. Not today. The crowds parted almost imperceptibly. I could feel their eyes on my back as I walked to the docks from my dingy roach-ridden hovel. I could feel the tension in the air. I pulled my coat closer, pushed up the collar, tried to hide from the anger on the streets.

I guess I knew it was coming. You can't drop off the map for long before people get suspicious. But in the mafia? Where did that come from? Sure, I've done some shady dealings in the past. But who hasn't? The 'straight man' is a lie. Everyone knows it, they just won't admit it.

I noticed I was being followed on the way home. Hah! Home. This city ain't home. It's just a place to die. Thought I saw someone I recognised. Ganurath, dealt with him in the past. All right sort of guy. Well. Kinda.

I'm holed up here now. Might as well go down with a fight. This was a setup, but no one would have believed me. No one will believe me. I'm only writing this to empty my head --

--Diary of Connor Hient--

Connor shoves his diary under a floorboard, pulls a slim pistol from his jacket and readies himself in the corner of his dank, mould smelling room, facing the door.

((Actually Supagoof, I was just trying a new tactic to actually, you know, survive. I almost did it in LLD. Until I opened my mouth, then I got got lynched quick sharp. But at least I was killed with logic this time. Hurrah!))
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2008-02-18 at 03:10 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shadow makes sense so I'll point at Dr Bath.

"What's in this empty box ?"
    "Youth and talent is no match for age and treachery."
    Mechwarrior by Elder Tsofu

9. - Top - End - #309

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    ((Actually Supagoof, I was just trying a new tactic to actually, you know, survive. I almost did it in LLD. Until I opened my mouth, then I got got lynched quick sharp. But at least I was killed with logic this time. Hurrah!))
    ((That is how you tried in LLD, but wouldn't that have led you to be killed. It's never a strategy I've look though. If you want to play the game, you should COME AND PLAY THE GAME! Though I have seen it work well for others in the past.

My strategy is the "HEY! LOOK OVER HERE! READ THIS! approach along with the "GROVEL LIKE SCARED WIMP by PM" approach to stay alive. I'm really still surprised I'm not dead yet, figured the mafia would have taken me out for not playing along. Could be that Kingmaker was a far bigger target, so I may just die tonight. Maybe, heh, a lot of things can happen.

Also curious to me are a lot of other things, but your post has conviced me that this was, indeed, your tactic, so I'll remove my point. I don't need your blood on my hands, for certain. I got them bloody enough as it is. Perhaps you'll have enough time to convince others?

But back to my other thoughts, Emperor Demonking and Bushranger - why did you make the bandwagon on Doseki so fast. What's the logic? I'll cross off the one who convices me before days end.))
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

10. - Top - End - #310

(Not that it'll matter, but looking back, Emperor Demonking seems a more likely suspect. He had a major hand in the bandwagon that got Festy lynched.)

(Maybe I'll subject you all to my sub-par RP later, right now I'm not in the mood...)
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2008-02-18 at 04:43 PM.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Pixie in the Playground

The young boy walking down the street with a excitement in his step, now that the assistant in the shop had been killed it gave him a chance to get that job again. Heading toward the shop he started to sing a song in his head,

Everybody was Kung fu fighting… They where fast as lightning.

Quickly opening the door and entering to get out of the cold, it was a little bit frightening first time get a proper job an all, not seeing anyone round he makes his way to the end of the shop. But with expert timing, Talen managed to jump out the way of the opening door.

Oh and I point at Dr Bath

((OH I've had that song in my head all day damn it))
    Last edited by Doseki; 2008-02-18 at 04:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #312

Zar Peter points at Emperor Demonking.

Doesn't make any difference but I'm also suspicious about the bandwagon at first.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313
    Dwarf in the Playground

Threads messed up. Update and lynch coming. Oh. And day ends.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    ((But back to my other thoughts, Emperor Demonking and Bushranger - why did you make the bandwagon on Doseki so fast. What's the logic? I'll cross off the one who convices me before days end.))
    ((As I had the opportunity to make my post and point at that time, Lamech's original unedited post was there. Needing someone to point at, and with no other evidence to peruse or bandwagons to follow, his case against Doseki sure seemed to be based on evidence that the accused had propped up the Kingmaker previously, and was therefore someone we don't want around. Herefore, the point.

...not that it matters with the day over anyway. Meh.))

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #315
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scene - City Hall.

A man is looking out a window, watching the cleaners try to scrub the blood of the Kingmaker off the frozen, icy steps. The Kingmaker’s blood will probably always be on these steps…

Someone should leave a monument, the man may have been a thug, a politician, and deployed an army of killers - but he kept men employed, and the city wouldn’t be in this place without him.

The workers still tried to scrub the blood up. One of the workers was seen taking a break sitting in the middle of the bloody steps and smoking a cigarette.

The man looking out the window doesn’t turn around. “We have a lead. Can we get a warrant?”
    The voice behind him responds..
    “Probably, since it’s winter the judge is actually in the office after 3:00 pm and not on the golf course.”

“Good. I’ll grab some of the guys we trust, and we’ll bring him in for questioning.”

Scene – A parking garage, behind the police station.

“I’ve got the keys to paddy wagon 103… it’s over there.”

A half dozen men in suits and police uniforms bundle up in the sub-zero weather to sprint over to the truck.

“Where’s he at?”

“Downtown, hidden in a flophouse.”

“Is he dangerous?”

“Yup. Our sources say he’d rather go down in a blaze of glory than answer any flatfoot’s questions.”

CHUK-CHUCK! One of the men pumps a slug into a police special shortbarrel shotgun.

“That can be arranged.”

Scene –
    “Word is that the feds and the Attorney General are busting some Dr. in the southside.”

“Let it dangle. We got other beef to skin.”

Scene -

All alone. He was all alone, with the world against him. He knew they were coming for him, so he set a booby trap in the hall....

Shouting from the hall indicates they're coming...
    "AAAAAAhhhhhh"

"What was that?"

"I don't know. Some guy was going up the stairs ahead of me and the stairs gave way to a trap door. Who puts a trap door in a stairway?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Purple GCOD was autolynched. Purple was a Citizen.

"Jeez! Are those sharks with lasers? Wow! I've always wanted sharks with lasers!"

"You know we're here to kill him before the Attorney General get's here."

"...."

"So, go first?"

"Why me? This guy uses sharks with lasers!"

"You have the shotgun, I only have the grenade and a pistol."

"Tell you what, I'll shoot open the door, you throw in the grenade, and we'll call it even. We'll read about it in the papers afterwards."

"Deal!"

With a BAM!BAM!BAM! and a BOOM! they left, leaving the other citizen in the shark pool.

As usual, the agents of the Grand Jury arrived too late, all they found at the apartment flat was a body spread over four walls and most of the ceiling, a smoldering fire and a host of new questions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dr. Bath was lynched. Dr. Bath was a citizen.

"Don't tell me. The coroner is going to call this was spontaneous combustion again?"

Day 5 Ends – Night 5 Begins
    Night 5 Ends in 24 hours – or when I have all the inputs
    Night 5 Ends Monday Feb 18th, at 9 PM EST (U.S.) or -6 GMT
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2008-02-18 at 09:30 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316

Dang it, spotty wireless connection did me in again. Just as I was going to get something down too.
    Grinning Purple Gelatinous Cube avatar courtesy of Lord_Herman
    Attacking Cube courtesy of Sampi
    Current avatar courtesy of Rutskarn

My GiTP stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    DM
    Currently none

Player
    currently none

Creations:
    Fimbulwight

I have my own RB thread right here.

Come and join in the newly minted Fictional Character Contest

17. - Top - End - #317
    Dwarf in the Playground

NIGHT PHASE DELAYED AS THE BOARDS WENT DOWN. AM STILL WAITNG FOR INPUTS... YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
    NIGHT WILL BE DELAYED ANOTHER 12 HOURS OR UNTIL I RECEIVE MY LAST INPUTS.
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2008-02-19 at 07:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Dwarf in the Playground

Night ends shortly! Update coming!

19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground

Two gangsters driving in a car. Three more in the back seat.

“Did you see that fight the other night?”

“Naw, I missed it.”

“Man! That was something! He came out of nowhere – one of us! And he now he’s the champ! I bet he’s living life large right now! Women, booze, newspapers, attention! He’s living on top of the world. On top of the world.”

“Meh. I’m doin’ all right, and I ain’t no champ. I got ladies, I got cars, I got cash rolls – I got attention. I got it all.”

“So. What we got tonight?”

“A hit.”

“……………………………………..Yeah. I know that. I mean what are we doing?”

“Well, we’re going over to “The Store” to get some guns and ammo. I hear they have some new toys over there.”

“Really? Like what?”

“Well, for starters they have a bona fide elephant gun. Like a .57 caliber.”

“Wow. What else?”

“A flamerthower.”

“Holy cow! Are we taking on an army?”

“Not sure, I don’t really care who it is. But I’m going to go pick me up a BAR because that’s the next big thing I tell you!”

“Guns are great, but you know I prefer a cleaver. It makes it easier to dispose of the body nice and quiet.”

“But what about the message?”

“You can make a better message just making someone disappear you know. Everyone always wonders…. Hee hee hee, there’s a judge in New York that’s due for a disappearance pretty soon. I hear we have a number pegged for him… He’s had a contract for quite a while. He’ll go when it’s time that’s for sure. We’ll get him, even if it takes four years.”

“But until then, he’s kicking and making noise. Well, we’re here.”

They pulled over and exited the car. Four of the gangsters walked inside the warehouse full of guns, the other waited outside.

“I’ll wait over by the phone booth, I’m sure they’ll be calling us with our location in a few minutes.”

As the rest of the thugs armed up, one grabbed the flame thrower, one grabbed a Browning Automatic Rifle, one grabbed two Tommy Guns (one for each hand) and the boss grabbed an Elephant gun where he sawed off the barrel, and sawed off the stock making a very very large single shot pistol with a noticeable kick.

The cleaver gangster outside waiting for the call came running into the armory.
    “Guys! Come on, you’ve been taking forever! Call’s in! We’ve gotta go! The target’s moving!”

Spoiler
    Show
    The Attorney General placed someone in protective custody tonight. The gangsters took too long arming up, the target was already gone.

The drinks were on the champ tonight! Lucky’s was packed, overflowing with patrons. There was singing and dancing.

All of a sudden – a RAID! Who? The Feds! Oh jeez! My wife? Oh no! Where’s the keg! Run it’s the police! So, I paid up… CRACK…. Lights out, BOOM BOOM BOOM…

The lights snap back on, but there’s a body on the floor, laying in a pool of blood with three shotgun wounds to the chest. No weapons lay near the body, a look of surprised shock still register on the face…

Spoiler
    Show
    SupaGoof was killed by the Fraternal Order of Police. SupaGoof was a citizen.

The coroner ruled the death unintentional suicide.

NIGHT 5 ENDS - DAY 6 BEGINS
    DAY 6 WILL END IN 48 HOURS ON THURSDAY FEB 21ST
    DAY ENDS AT 10PM (EST) OR -6 GMT
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2008-02-19 at 11:05 PM.

20. - Top - End - #320

BardGuy

Default Re: THE Mafia VI Return of the Departed Emerald Dragon - Day 6

I managed to get up early for a change... however, it looks like it was still a rough town for boxers... The new champ, hero of the city, had just been offed by the Fraternal Order of Police, and while the Mafia hadn't succeeded in knocking anyone off, it wasn't for a lack of trying.

I headed over to share a few words with the barkeep before starting a set on the sax... "Look, there's something odd I feel I ought to tell you about. A couple days back, remember when I voted to suspect Banjo instead of MattKatt, who turned out to be some big shot in the Mob?
    I did that 'cause I'd heard from the FoP that they wanted Banjo dead... a little envelope passed to me in a back alley, claiming that Banjo was Mafia. Was he? I don't know. I didn't then either. But, I've been thinking, and it looks like there was at least one FoP member who pointed at Banjo that day... I think there might've been another...
    I really don't know who to tell this to, so I figure if I drop it in your ear, everyone who matters will know soon enough. Well, I was a wee bit surprised when CurlyKitGirl voted for Banjo even before I did... made it look like she knew what I was going to do, and I'm none too sure about that Raiser B1ade character either.
    But what really tipped me off is the androgial vote... At the time when it looked like there might actually be a bandwagon forming against him, I thought I saw both of them point at him... though I saw Raiser point away soon enough when it became clear they could knock off Festy or Helgraf instead... Just thought that you'd like to know."

I knocked back a shot and prepped my sax... not many customers yet, but I'd do what I could to keep them happy.
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eldred Knight points at radikalskippy

((RP to come))

22. - Top - End - #322

I rolled out of the bed and onto my feet, collecting my effects with a scooping movement of my left arm. I'd lost an entire day to the lady who currently lay sprawled, still sleeping with a wistful smile and the covers half down. Still, two nights in a place like this were nothing to complain about and despite the demands, I still had more energy than I'd felt in weeks, and the payoff had been more than adequate.

I cleaned up quickly, then let myself out before she awoke and might try to persuade me to stay longer. Her husband wouldn't be out of town that much longer, and it wouldn't pay for her to get overly ... attached.

Still no luck with finding that Alarra dame.

The sun was high in the sky today, beating down on me and everyone else, laying in with the lash to remind us that ultimately we were her toys, to be abused and broken as she saw fit.

Losing a night between the sheets had one unexpected benefit; since I hadn't pounded the pavement for anyone, there wasn't anyone the Mafia or the FoP could kill to keep making me look bad. The FoP had cleaned up the 'Goof. It was one less body to worry about, but at the same time, he'd apparently been on the up and up - or at least, wasn't a member of either group.

I needed more information.

But mostly, I needed a drink. Three days with little more than the ragged end of a fifth had taken their own toll on me, and the need was strong.

Luckys might help me kill two birds with one stone - and if not, the booze was still good.

((Point forthcoming - late for work))
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2008-02-20 at 01:13 PM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Banned

Shadow continues to ignore RP for this game because he's bored and simply *points at PhantomFox.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Vavaara points at Timber Wolf*
    Big thanks to Kwarkpudding for my Gladiator Tam Avatar!
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars: Xssar, Mechafox, Andre_Fairechilde, Moi

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ganurath, I'm calling to do a poll of Mafia members could you just answer these questions.
    1) How old were you when you joined the Mafia?
    2) How many people have you killed as a Mafia member?
    3) How long have you been in the Mafia?
    4) How many people are left in the Mafia?
    5) Which Mafia members would answer this poll?
    6) Who is the Don?"

"Polls that are Definitely not Traps, thanks you for you time."
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

26. - Top - End - #326
    Pixie in the Playground

Back to work once more goes the old gentleman, in good spirits and health. After a nice uneventful, yet oddly fulfilling day of work, he returns home with a paper in hand as always.

"Seems they've taken to doing polls these days. And just so forward to, this Ganurath fella must be quite confident. Still, if I were him, I'd rather gotten a trivia puzzle. Always good fun, don't you agree?" he said, looking back toward the picture of his wife.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

27. - Top - End - #327

Final chapter of RP to come later.

For now. (Point at Shishnarfne)
    Spoiler
    Show

Look upon the Goddess and rejoice!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Curly, . . . you are not only made of epic win and not fail, but you are officially the greatest shipper of all time
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Mr. Scruffy is all knowing; he doesn't believe in squid bones, so neither should you!
    Bathatars!Blog!

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

(Though with my bad luck, this will probably be wrong, but I might as well give it a shot since I don't have much else to go on.

If I had to pick someone as the most suspicious, which is kinda the point of the whole game, I'd have to go with The Bushranger. The two additional votes for Doseki coming back to back off of Lamech's point struck me as kind of odd, considering Lamech didn't have any good reason for it posted. He was also on the tail end of the bandwagon for the two Mafia members we've managed to lynch so far (9th of 9 for Llama, and 15th of 18 for Matt) The vote for Llama on day one may just be track covering for later, but don't quote me on that one. Circumstantial at best, but it's all I got for now.)

29. - Top - End - #329

I point at Raiser_B1ade. A point at someone who seems to have an idea what they're doing?
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

30. - Top - End - #330

((Promised point here. RP in earlier post. *Helgraf points at Raiser_B1ade*))
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.