New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: THE Mafia VI Return of the Departed Emerald Dragon - Day 1

I stepped out of the bar in a khaki colored trenchcoat and matching fedora hat, after having a few afternoon drinks while business was slow, and I waited for my 3 PM meeting with Ms. Mendoza to talk about her predicament. I look up at the overcast sky and the rain falling from the hazy clouds overhead. I mumble to myself When will this damned rain ever stop. It's no wonder so many people off themselves this time of year. As I walk the few blocks back to my office, I keep my eyes peeled, as I've gotten word that the mafia had rolled back into town, and on top of that, it seems there are more and more dirty cops in the streets these days. In my line of work, you can never be too careful I thought as I gave the revolver under my coat a reassuring pat. As I turned the corner as see the strange guy that's been on the corner for the past few weeks dressed as a clown strumming on a guitar, or something like that. Banjo 1985 I thought he said he name was the other day. Why I even bothered to ask a weirdo like him anything is beyond me. Still I don't trust him, and think he must be hiding something. I mean why else would anyone wear a getup like that. Can't be thinking about that now. I say to myself as I enter the building and walk up the lone flight of stairs. I get to the top, walk down the hall and see a note taped to my door, It reads Out to lunch, be back in a bit. I say out loud Why does that woman always do this to me. She knows that someone needs to be here at all times in case someone calls or stops by. as I get out my key and unlock the door. Still Charlene is the best secretary I've ever had, and it's so hard to find good help these days. I take the note off the door, which reveals Purple Cube, Private Investigator, shut it, and walk back to my office to get ready for my client.
    Last edited by purple gelatinous cube o' Doom; 2008-02-05 at 11:10 PM.
    Grinning Purple Gelatinous Cube avatar courtesy of Lord_Herman
    Attacking Cube courtesy of Sampi
    Current avatar courtesy of Rutskarn

My GiTP stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    DM
    Currently none

Player
    currently none

Creations:
    Fimbulwight

I have my own RB thread right here.

Come and join in the newly minted Fictional Character Contest

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

Unofficial vote tally so far:

Atreyu the Masked Llama 6
    Whitehelm 5
    Uncle Festy 4
    Zar Peter 4
    Banjo1985 3
    Jontom Xire 3
    Curlykitgirl 2
    Nom de plum 2
    Androgial 1
    Purple GCOD 1
    RadikalSkippy 1
    Satyrquaze 1
    Timberwolf 1
    Topher 1
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Banned

((Best post? Damn.... Helgraf's was great! But I liked the tone of Goof's even more. So.... Best Post: Supagoof))
    Last edited by Shadow; 2008-02-06 at 02:44 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Post Re: THE Mafia VI Return of the Departed Emerald Dragon - Day 1

((best post Supagoof))
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie pixe View Post
    ((best post Supagoof))
    ((Seconded ))
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Firbolg in the Playground

(( Best post Mordokai))

A darker time woke me up. Harsh orange sodium lights coupled with the blaring, cacaphony of police sirens and distant gun shots.
    Each and every limb ached with a dull passion and bone-cracking fatigue. I turned onto my side and spat crumbled wood out of my mouth. It was getting worse; and each time I had an episode it was harder to get back to normal.
    But it was time to go a-walking.
    One must earn to live.
    And yet; it hurt too much. How could I do anything in a stinkingly corrupt city drowning in agony; pain and deprevation.
    What was the point of it all?
    I kick that stupid cat out of the way and trudge my way past the rotting hyacinths and into the thornwoods.
    Maybe I'll just sleep the hunger away. Like I do with everything else.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

7. - Top - End - #67

((Best post Mordokai! He nearly made me cry ))
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68

I had finally finished my day. About time, too. I love playing the piano, but after a few hours, it starts to make your fingers feel like they're going to fall off.* I strolled over to... what was his name? The sax player? Oh yeah, Shishnarfne. Well, I walked over to his table, where a game was already in progress. "Hey," I said. "Any chance that I could get in?" I sit down ((either at the table to play, or nearby it)) and begin musing to myself. "That Zar Peter is garnering way too much negative attention. He is (or was) a fellow pianist, and I can't bring myself to see him lynched. Whitehelm, though... either he's honest and stupid - a bad combination in this town, though dishonest and stupid seems just fine - and'll get himself killed in a couple of days by the Mafia or FOP, or he's a liar and is trying to get the citizens on his side. Either way, he'll be gone in a couple of days."

*((Come to think of it, that happens to me after a few minutes, but... meh.))
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Firbolg in the Playground

((Best Post Mordokai ))
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Tallying votes... is it tied?)

Voting has ended. Day is ending. Prepare for a post update.
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2008-02-06 at 08:18 PM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

*the ghost of the Lady in Green floats away from the market battle, and through a couple of by-standers*

((I applaude all of the RPing! Good show all! Fun to read! ))
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 2008-02-06 at 09:03 PM.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

The crowd watches the agitator with curious expressions. Someone in the back asks the speakers name, wanting to add it to a deadpool that his bookie is running.

The answer is typically “I don’t know him” or “Not from my block.” The person works his way through the crowd, and with each muffled conversation, he whispers “You don’t really believe what he’s saying, do you” or “He sure isn’t smart – you’re smart though. Would you stand up there and start announcing a change?”

Most nod back in agreement, or shift their eyes away.

The agitator asks “Are you tired of all the crime in this city?”

Most aren’t – yet. Perhaps this man is a prophet?

Are you worn out from all the corruption, and you want to help clean up this town?”

Worn out is one thing, actually helping when the cops themselves kill members of the grand jury? When innocent men are jailed without due process, and criminals are summarily executed in custody – not for their guilt, but because they don’t pay the right cops the bribes?

There are rumors of a secret criminal group that is blackmailing people into lynching who they want to lynch.”

The crowd became surly. No one wants to be openly manipulated, even when deep down they really do want someone telling them what to do.

This is almost certainly not in our best interests, so I urge you to stand up to them!! Don't go along quietly with their wishes, even if they say they're offering protection. Instead, let everyone else know you're being "influenced"! What can they do to you?”

They can shoot you in the head while you sleep. You may disappear only to wake up under 30 feet of water in the harbor. Your wife may see you go to work, only to find out you’re in jail. They may drive you out of business, they may ruin you, and they may burn down your house and your life.

The speaker continued on for a few more minutes, but his crowd began to thin out faster than hometown football fans of a losing team at a stadium in the worst cold that December can offer. (As in, the crowd quickly began to leave.)

As most prophets, the young speaker offered hope, and promises, but saw an early death as the City itself rose against him.

The mob started slowly, a couple of drunks goaded by a policeman began hurling insults. In the background a figure in an expensive suit handed cash to children to start throwing fruit. Other kids, and teenagers, then adults began to shower the speaker with more and more fruit, then pamphlets, then rocks, then axe handles.

Seeking help, the man ran from the crowd – straight into the arms of a dozen police officers.

Hallo there boyo, I see yer disturbin’ the peace if you know what I mean. Well, we canna have that here, so here’s what we’re going to do. We’re going to put you into a nice “protective custody” as in we’re going to protect oor selves from the likes of you!”

With that he was hauled off to the protective custody of lockup.

Spoiler
    Show
    Whitehelm was taken to jail for disrupting the peace. Whitehelm was lynched. Whitehelm was the first good citizen killed in the City.

RP posts results:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A tie between Mordokai and SupaGoof!

DAY 1 ENDS
    NIGHT 1 BEGINS
    NIGHT 1 WILL END THURSDAY, FEB 7TH AT 9 PM CST

24 HOURS TO GET INPUTS IN!
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2008-02-06 at 09:16 PM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

13. - Top - End - #73
    Barbarian in the Playground

As the sun set into the harbor, I looked around as the lights at the docs warmed up. The hum of electricity filled the night as we continued to work. I continued at my own pace, catching my breath occassionally and wiping sweat off my forehead as needed. The work was tiring, but I had trained my body to perform without thinking about it. It wasn't hard, just repetitious. Wait for the crane to bring a pallet of produce to the landing. Load a few bags up on the hand cart. Take bags over to receiving area and unload. My mind mostly wandered about, floating from random topics like weather to who might be a good pick at the next horse race. Back and forth I went. On one instance, I looked up and saw the harbor master letting a group of unknowns into the area, per his usual bending of the rules to suit his pocket. I caught myself looking too long, however, as one of them looked up quickly at me and caught my eye. I quickly turned my head down and focused on my work, but he stood there staring at me intently for a moment. I heard footsteps approach, but then another called out.

Where ya think yer goin? C'mon, we gots woik ta do.

The footsteps stopped, and headed away down toward the repair docs. After the sound had disappeared, I found myself gasping for air for a moment, realizing that fear had frozen me. I gulped as I got quickly back into moving the burlap bags containing the produce. I don't recall the face, but those eyes. Those penetrating eyes were burned into my mind. The bell rang for break, and I was grateful. Nothing like a smoke to calm my nerves. I sat down on a crate, and rested my head against my hand. A couple of the boys had started up a quick card game, so I headed over to see what the buy in was.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

14. - Top - End - #74
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The heavy fog cloaked the settling darkness in gloom. It was a night to stay inside, curled by the fire, or better yet, asleep and blissfully unaware of silent activities being carried out all over town. I'd had a long, hard day of travel, tacked at the end of an even longer week. I should have been weary.

I paced from one end of the small room to the other, back and forth. I knew a groove would be worn in the already threadbare carpeting before this task was done. After a couple of laps, I found myself on the small balcony. The haze made even the closest street light look a mile off. The city lights were all but invisible. I stared into those cold clouds, a weight sinking into my chest. I worried over my choices, knowing I'd made the right one, yet haunted by the voices of disapproval I'd left behind.

Foolish idealism..........
    .................................................. ......................too far gone.....
    ...................it won't bring him back, you know.......................

I did know. Of course I knew. Call it idealism, idiocy, insanity, I didn't care....I knew in my heart that I could make a difference, fix things. Knew that here or no....he'd see what I'd done and smile.

I attempted to drown the lump rising in my throat with my glass of wine. It didn't help. Sadly, neither did hurling the glass at the sidewalk below. I turned back inside, tears trickling slowly down my cheeks. I was suddenly at a loss as to what to do next. The only logical step was to get another glass of wine. An empty cupboard greeted me as I realized I'd just shattered my only glass.

Another sigh, another breath, another tear.

I closed the warped door as if in a trance and stumbled down the hall to my bedroom. The mattress sagged and smelled of dust. I didn't notice. Huddled in the center of the bed, knees to my chest and blankets pooled around me, I waited. Sleep took her time in claiming me.
    Last edited by Alarra; 2008-02-06 at 10:05 PM.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

15. - Top - End - #75

I'd stopped in at Lucky's, finding the gentleman an affable fellow of solid Irish descent. A few other lads of the bonnie Isle kept things civil for the collection of bangers, hangers, and bottle-beetles who pissed away their lives inside. Smoke hung heavy in the air, and a practiced nose would have picked out, amidst the reek of tobacco and tar, the scent of clove and the less refined culture of Golden Sun's finest second-cut inhalables.

I passed along the name; it was, of course, a dame. Her face and body spoke of flint and a terrible inward burning intensity. She was probably quite the looker once, but like everyone who found themselves here, she'd fallen from whatever lofty perch she'd been accustomed to roosting upon.

I'd seen it countless times before, but it didn't stop me. The show must go on, and the curtain was about to rise.

It starts with a drink and an accidental glance that lingers just a second longer than strictly proper.

There are so many places it can go wrong; where the slightest misstep, the most minute improperly performed detail can leave one huddled over against the cold in an alley or on a roof with just a wall and a crude lean-to.

But whatever my still breathing corpse might lack in power, or influence or brute strength, it makes up for in a certain nimbleness of step and nuance. It helps that the lady, like all of us, has her own needs; I can play to those subtly as the evening wears on.

She is appreciative of someone who can understand what she has left behind. Someone who can still see the woman she longs to be again, and who understands the burning strength of want.

I will not sleep outdoors tonight, though I will very likely be out before dawn...
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Ganurath had watched the whole thing from his window. He didn't like it, but he knew better than to play hero. Holding his hand over his heart, he took a moment to steady his heartrate after seeing the mob go wild, as well as give the fated dead the moment of silence they needed. After he had relaxed, he turned to his table to update his will, just in case he was foolish enough to attract attention. After that, he went to bed.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rain. It always rains. It sometimes seems a contractual obligation that rain accompanies a troubled soul. It's as if the earth's attempts to wash away the muck and mire of suffering are nothing more than a futile gesture. Futile gestures are something I've become intimately familiar with over these past few years. What else am I supposed to do? I'd been away for the past 2 years. I left just after her funeral. Sometimes I wonder if she'd approve of what I've become, of the choices I've made, and of the pain I've endured. I suppose it's why I've come back. She was always knew if something was troubling me, and in her own way, she always knew how to fix it. At least, that was how it was. Never again. Before I wouldn't have cared if an innocent life was gunned down in the night, but now, it's as if I myself pulled the trigger. I had once heard it said that 'Evil exists because Good men stand by and do nothing.' It is because of this that I no longer call myself a good man.

I rise and unfold my umbrella, and step out from Lucky's into the downpour. I walk, almost aimlessly, towards a place I do not wish to go. I stop to buy a simple, yet elegant bouquet of flowers. My walk is slow, quiet, and solemn. The sanctified silence of my thoughts is penetrated only by the staccato pounding of rain around me. The large wrought iron gates of my destination cut into the sky like jagged pillars of darkness. I glance at the sign, expecting it to read 'Abandon Hope all Ye who Enter Here', but of course it never does. 'Giant's Rest Cemetery' is all it ever says.
    The grave I am visiting is tucked out of the way, as if in a feeble attempt to hide from the unknown. The inscription is simple, yet profound.

Eliza Ann Knight
    1896-1920
    Hope Springs Eternal
    We shall meet again

Eliza, my twin sister. A tear falls from my eye, unnoticed in the battering of the rain. I came back to settle a score. I came back to make sure those responsible for her death would get the justice they deserve, the justice only the wronged sibling can mete out. Vengence is coming, and it's name is Eldred Richard Knight!

The rain still falls as I turn and disappear into the shadows of the night.

((Well, there it is. Not exactly what I wrote originally, but close enough.))
    Last edited by Eldritch Knight; 2008-02-07 at 12:05 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

After talking to the Llama, I heard the sounds of an angry crowd in the middle of the city. Not again I thought to myslef....but I headed over anyway, I guess it's human nature to watch things that they really shouldn't.

After the whole sorry affair I returned to the docks, disgusted with what I had witnessed and feeling dirty inside. For the first time in my life I'm pleased the police showed up before the crowd got really nasty. What makes people turn on each other so readily, so quick to point the blame?

This city....that's what's to blame.

This city, with it's corrupt politicians, corrupt police and criminal masterminds. The city sits in everyones minds like a short taper on a stick of dynamite, ready to explode given the right motivation. The few innocents left in this cancerous place are the dynamite...suspicion the lit match. They need someone to blame, and that poor Whitehelm guy was their target today.

So yeah....the police were a good thing. I walked down the main street a few blocks, looking for a watering hole and a bed for the night. The Electric Lemon Jazz bar....sure, that'll do nicely. As I walked in and felt the warm air and pleasant music flow over me, I looked around for someone, anyone, who could tell me just how bad this place has gotten while I've been gone....

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    The only logical step was to get another glass of wine.
    ((Was that intentionally (sorta) from my webcomic? Link's in my sig, comic 2, first panel of line 3? That's either really cool or really creepy or just coincidence.))

I sighed. "Another stupid idealist. I think there's enough of them in this town. Poor guy, though. Those who go into the police's 'protective custody' don't come out the same. At least he's not dead - that much can be said. Alright, I'm turning in." I head home, for another restless night.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

Closing up his shop for the day Fin is sweeping the entrance to his store a his esteemed rival from across the road. Giving a quick nod of acknowledgment Fin turns back into the store and produces another sign for his window:

HELP WANTED; APPLY WITHIN

Jimmy is just too damn unreliable

His tone was stern but the guilt could not be washed from his face. Poor Jimmy where next for him in this gods-forsaken city, Gangs. The Gutter... Maybe even worse.

Well, I still have to make a living. Maybe that kid with the papers needs a more steady job

Yeah he looked eager, full of life. In this town that was like a ray of sunlight breaking through a monsoon. Nice while it lasted but soon, it would drown.
    Last edited by Fin; 2008-02-07 at 10:33 AM.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

21. - Top - End - #81

The end of break bell rang, so the boys and I quickly swooped the change we had one of the table into our respective pockets. I figured I had done pretty good, starting with two bits and walking away with four. Enough to contribute towards my vices without killing me for one more day. The big winner of the game was suprisingly Greg Lock. He was a friendly chap who could carry twice what the rest of us could. He doesn't come across as the brightest guy around, but maybe that was part of the charm suckering us to get roped into his bluffs. Needless to say, I know he'd be flapping his gums the rest of the night about how he's more of a man then we are. I can hear him razzing the others now.

Firs I do twice the work you guys do, then I win twice the muney you guys do. If there was twice more of me, you all wouldn't be needed. So pick up the pace you slackers.

Heh, he did know how to keep us motivated. Nobody liked being called lazy here, and if Greg was picking on you, well that was enough to light a fire under anyones bum. As the pace quickened to try and shut him up, I found myself pushing through the weariness that had started to surface in my muscles.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Summary:

22. - Top - End - #82

I walked past Fin's shop. Seeing the sign, I stroll into the shop.
    "I need every cent I can get. What are the hours? I need to know if it gets in the way of my job at the bar."
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Shocked that the local piano player must be some kind of master theif to get in, (or did he just forget to lock the door?) Fin started in surprise...

Well I'll need someone here earlt to get the papers ready and all that but you can leave for about 3:00pm if you need to. Business usually slows by then and I can close up myself.

Well, I thought I could but your presence here seems to indicate otherwise he added as an after thought to himself.

Be here early tomorrow, no later than the fourth post of the day! Heh, take that look off your face I'm only joking ((calm down fourth wall, t'was but a scratch!)) Be here for about 9:00am and I'll see what jobs need to be done.

With that Fin ushered the Piano player out of the store muttering his goodbyes and this time pointedly locked the door to the shop. He quickly added a 'Please post applications' note to bottom of his sign, before going up to the apartment above the store where he lived.
    Last edited by Fin; 2008-02-07 at 12:14 PM.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

24. - Top - End - #84

((
    Oops. I knew that. Sorry.))
    "Sounds good. The boss mostly needs me in the afternoon, when everyone gets out and there's most of the business."
    I head home.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

Talen, the young rapscallion, notices that a job is going at the local shop and thinks to himself that it would be an easy way to earn a few extra bob for little work. As he gets to the door of the shop, Talen see's that the way to apply is to hand in an application.

“Thats not fair, I don’t know how to write!!! I guess its back to pick pocketing for me; at leased I managed to get this fancy silver watch today, not bad. I wonder if the bloke I got it from has noticed yet he he. Just got to find someone who is looking for a new watch.”
    Last edited by Doseki; 2008-02-07 at 01:21 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    ((Was that intentionally (sorta) from my webcomic? Link's in my sig, comic 2, first panel of line 3? That's either really cool or really creepy or just coincidence.))
    ((I had no idea you had a webcomic.))

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sirens fill the night - someone has broken into the City Museum!
    (Not all night actions are in There's too many people playing to wait for 1 or 2 actions, so you have 3 hours to get the actions in. If not, I'm still ending the night phase in 3 hours. )

The Museum had a priceless European statue on loan - and it has gone missing!

Someone has stolen the Emerald Dragon
    !

(Someone will be PMd tonight that they have possession of the Emerald Dragon. This is not a win condition, just an extra bit to keep excitement in the game going. The Dragon passess hands to the first person that points at the bearer in a lynch - just like the Maltese Falcon (see Mafia V). But, the holder at the end of the game just has the additional win requirement of surviving; plus get's a really cool trophy!)

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

((Are you posting from work? Also, since when am I a statue?))

I'll just stay in here for a bit, and see where this is headed. Perhaps if I get bored, I can give whoever this is who took me a big surprise...

*the ghost of the Green Lady giggles in amusement, causing some consternation, as statues shouldn't be able to giggle...*
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

29. - Top - End - #89

My ears pick up the sounds of sirens blare over the quiet night in the city. I look in the direction they emanate from, along with a few others. Very shortly afterwards I see the group that had arrived earlier leave in a hurry. I only catch the back of the one who caught me looking when they arrived. As if he had some innate sense he turned and stared at me. He pointed to fingers at his eyes, then turns his hand to point one finger at me. A cold chill runs up my spine. Shortly after Greg walks on over and nudges me in the back.

Yer never going to catch up wit me that way Maximus!

He walks away as I grab another sack and throw it over my shoulder. I run to catch up with him. Being around the big guy just felt safer. I figured I check the paper tomorrow to see what the sirens were about. Something had to spook the group into leaving, and if I can get a lead on them, I might just be able to stay away from the man with the burning eyes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Night ends. Day breaks. Update post to come.

Night actions being sent.