New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Request a Homebrew

C. For Orwtho (90 and 91)

You might be better off looking at the SRD for d20 Modern. The plane of shadow plays a much more prominent role there than it does in regular d20.

Still there are places where you can find more information. Planewalkers.com may have some useful information on their site.

Shadow Mastiff is in the Monster Manual and SRD (CR is 4)

Here are some articles from Wizards of the Coast which may be helpful.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030714x
    one of the articles there has a shadow wolf (cr 2) which may be just what you are looking for.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/eo/20040709a
    has a shadow scorpion also CR 2.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031110a
    might be helpful as well as it describes a bazaar that hails from the Shadow plane

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2008-08-25 at 05:40 AM.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Burley Warlock View Post
    R. 99 (and a half?)
    Could I get the stats for a Mogwai? And, the stats for it's Gremlin form? See the Gremlins movies for inspiration. Not looking for much. Just something funny for my players to laugh about.
    H. 99

Technically this isn't a homebrew because this isn't mine. It's from EnWorld but it should be exactly what you are looking for.

Gremlin
    Small Fey (Spirit)
    Hit Dice: 1d6 (3 hp)
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 20', climb 20'
    AC: 15 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +1 natural)
    Attacks: Bite +2 melee, 2 claws +2 melee
    Damage: Bite 1d6+1, claw 1d4+1
    Face/Reach: 5'/5'
    Special Attacks: -
    Special Qualities: Sunlight Vulnerability, Water Birth,
    Saves: Fort +0, Ref +5, Will +2,
    Abilities: Str 12, Dex 17, Con 11, Int 5, Wis 10, Cha 6
    Skills: Jump +2, Listen +3, Spot +3,
    Feats: Alertness
    Climate/Terrain: Any urban and underground.
    Challenge Rating: 1/4
    Advancement: 2-3 HD (Small) or by character class.
    Level Adjustment: +1

'Now was that civilized, no clearly not, it was fun, but it wasn't civilized.'

Gremlins are evil, almost reptilian fey with a mischivious streak.
    A gremlin is a roughly 3' tall reptilian looking humanoid, with green scaly skin and yellow or red glowing eyes. It's large mouth is filled with sharp teeth, and it's threefingered class end in wicked claws. A gremlin has very short legs, and disproportionately long arms. All known gremlins are male.
    Gremlins revel in destruction and mayhem trying their best to bring chaos to order, often destroying innumerable magical treasures, libraries, shops, buildings, inns, and bakeries, in their attempts.

Combat
    Gremlins rely on their often superior numbers to overrun their opponents. They seem not to understand that they can get killed though, and often keep on attacking until they are dead. There are reports of gremlins that keep on fighting even when half their bodies have been destroyed.

Sunlight Vulnerability (Ex): A gremlin melts in direct sunlight taking 1d8 points of damage each round it is exposed to it. A Daylight spell however will not damage a gremlin, although it will repel it.

Water Birth (Ex): If a gremlin is exposed to liquid water (not ice or snow, or even steam) it will start to bubble as many tiny gremlins start to gestate just under it's skin. This process takes 1d4 minutes to complete and is quite painful to the gremlin dealing it 1d4 points of subdual damage each minute. When this process is finished, the end result is 2d4 new adult gremlins.

Gremlin Characters
    Gremlins rarely live long enough to take levels in a character class, much due to their often self-destructive behavior. Those few that do, however, favor the rogue class. And most gremlin leaders are rogues or rogue/fighters.

Other Types of Gremlins

A large number of gremlin subspecies have been reported over the years, here is a small list, the list is by no means complete as gremlins are highly mutagenic:

Bat Gremlin
    A bat gremlin resembles the normal gremlin, but have large wings like those of a bat as well as blindsight 30'. If that isn't enough to make this creature a deadly threat, it also lacks the sunlight vulnerability of other gremlins. Fortunatly it's practically blind, and can only differentiate between light and dark.

Fifinella
    The fifinella is the legendary female gremlin, the only difference between the fifinella and the regular gremlin other than their gender, is the fifinellas slighly higher int score.

Genius Gremlin
    The genius gremlin as the name implies is a gremlin with exceptional intelligence. They are often smarter than humans and elves (Int 13+). These intelligent gremlins usually lead their lesser kin.

Mogwai
    These tiny furry gremlins are usually of good alignment. If they eat between midnight and dawn they transform into the common gremlin.

Spider Gremlin
    These large gremlins resemble driders in appearance, they are many times more powerfull than their lesser kin and are able to cast web at will. The spider gremlin is of large size and have 4 HD.

Plant Gremlin
    The plant gremlin is just that, a plant. It resembles the common gremlin, but is entirely made up of vegetable matter.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Spamalot in the Playground

R107
    I'm looking for assistance creating a race that's mechanicaly inclined (Inventors, engineers, etc). The race is feline, but all the builds I see are usually about a cat's speed (e.g. +2 Dex, +Jump, +Pounce, etc). That's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a race that emphisizes a cat's cleverness and would have bonuses to such things like building equipment or magic items, skill bonuses to craft related skills, and the like. It needs to be LA+0, but I'm flexible with the race's prefered class, size, ability mods, etc.

I've hit a mental block so anything you all can offer is greatly appreciated.

A little world background:
    The campaign world I'm building takes place about 500 years after a great technological society was destroyed by the gods. Since then technology more advanced then steam engines and gunpowder will not work-- for instance a battery drains to nothing within seconds and a dynamo doesn't produce any meaningful amount of electricity. Most races abandoned technology as a taboo and stick to magic which the gods allow. This feline race is going against the grain and trying to figure out why exactly tehcnology is cursed the way it is.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2008-08-25 at 08:22 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

R108
    I'm a first-time GM with a bunch of people who are verly slightly experienced to DnD 3.5. Anyhow, I was glancing over Dungeonscape on a suggestion, saw the "Rubber Ball" item entry (pg 32), and began to think of the implications this item could have.* Essentially, I want to know the process for pricing an enchanted rubber ball. I started to think that maybe they should be priced like scrolls, but then you kinda throw them, so maybe something like a Flask of Acid, but you use them like wands, but they basically have one charge, but they leave behind a perfectly good normal rubber ball, but... Yeah... I'm not too much into homebrewing things and item creation hasn't really been an issue in our few campaigns and one-offs, so I don't really have a good basis on "balancing" this sort of thing. I don't want my players to sell some dead guy's rubber balls for too much money, but I also want the guy to have enough rubber balls for the players to loot.

So, for example, some BBEG-Fighter can throw a handful of Rubber Balls of Flare out to dazzle the PCs (and this would probably confuse them, too) while running away. Or a PC could loot up a Rubber Ball of Light and throw it down a dark hallway to see the monster at the end.

* I know for a fact that my players are expecting something goofy. By golly, I'm giving them something goofy.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

R109

I've never GMed a 4E game, and I've never made a 4e race, but I really want to include a race I made as a 3.5 homebrew race for this new homebrew world. I hope this is appropriate: I was wondering if I could get some monster manual versions of them so I can have my PCs encounter them (as opposed to saying they're out there but they never meet them) I would expect them to be encountered as they live in the mountains that the PC's will be starting in. anything ranging from threats appropriate from level 1's to level 6-7's would be nice, but just a basic race template to make some enemies would be fine. Here's the flavor text I have for them:

Spoiler
    Show
    The orcs are known to themselves as the Gilgrom or Gilgrol Orcs, from the Dark lands of Gilgrom, but are more commonly known as "toad orcs" or "frog orcs" for their smaller toadish appearance. It is actually unclear as to whether the Gilgrom are even fullblood orcs at all and not a goblinoid subtype, but they insist upon their orcish nature and most are not so inclined or care enough to refute their claims. Gilgrom orcs are shorter than average orcs, roughly standing up to 5'6-5'8 on average, they have pale gray skin and are often thick, with large necks and throats that blend with their heads, which give them the title "toad orcs", they are wrinkly and have pointed ears, somewhat like a dog or a cats, and small beady eyes that can vary greatly in color, their hair, when they have it, is usually black, but can be darker shades of brown or of a reddish tinge. Toad Orcs have clawed hands and feet, and their arms are somewhat longer than normal, giving them an apelike and simple appearance, their faces tend to large and wrinkly, with large pointed fangs, and tusks jutting up from their bottom lips, that can be up to or over a foot long, when given proper time to age. their feet are prehensile in a limited way, and can grasp simple objects (like stones or sticks). Gilgrom is a harsh land which is comprised of a large, dark and foreboding forest, a large mountain range in which most Gilgrom orcs live, and outside the mountain range a barren and bleak landscape leading up to the Dark Forest. The forest is highly populated by werewolves, worgs, and other evil unnatural and magical beasts. like many orcs, Gilgrom orcs have been known to work with worgs, often using them as mounts, but some hostilities still remain from back when the worgs tried to kill, and eat, a large gathering of Gilgrom tribes.

I hope that helps, and that this is an appropriate request.

Edit: And here's the Racial Traits I gave them for 3.5, if it helps
    Spoiler
    Show

Racial Traits:
    -2 charisma -2 wisdom +4 constitution, Gilgrol Orcs are not well liked by many races and don't even get along with their own kind half the time, however because of their build and their great will to live, Gilgrol Orcs are often hard to kill and are hardy beings, belying their somewhat cowardly nature.
    -Darkvision 60 feet, can see in the dark up to 60 feet, darkvision is black and white only
    -Pike and Whip proficiency. Since many Gilgrol are either the more common "worker/soldier" place in society or the "chieftain/taskmaster" place in society, as such they either gain a +2 damage proficiency with the Pike or the Whip
    -Medium Humanoid, Gilgrol Orcs do not gain any advantages or disadvantages based on size.
    -Because of their toadlike appearance and the fact that they are usually chaotic, neutral, or both, it has been rumored that the Gilgrol Orcs were originally half-slaad half-orcs who mingled with normal orcs and thus became their own race, much like the Tanarukk, and Gilgrol Orc tribes have even been known to worship powerful Slaad Lords. As such Gilgrol orcs gain the Outsider (native) racial trait, and when interacting with Slaad, they gain +3 diplomacy and +2 bluff. Gilgrol Orcs are more welcome on Limbo than any other non-Slaad (though this does not guarantee they still won't be killed)
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-08-25 at 08:34 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

6. - Top - End - #306

C108
    I've actually done the rubber ball magic item before in D&D 3.5 edition. I priced them out as scrolls that contain only one spell and they turned out to be fairly balanced. Just read the command word written on the ball and throw. For example a rubber ball with a targeted Dispel in it can be thrown at a magic trap to suppress it for 1d4 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    I don't want my players to sell some dead guy's rubber balls for too much money, but I also want the guy to have enough rubber balls for the players to loot.
    And this is perhaps the greates line ever if read without context.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

H. 109
    Ok, here is my thoughts (all crunch, no fluff)

+2 Constitution, +2 Strength
    Size: Medium
    Speed: 6 squares
    Vision: Darkvision

Languages: Common, Primordial (?) or Giant
    Skill Bonuses: +2 Athletics, +2 Stealth
    Gilgrom Orc Weapon Proficiency: Gilgrom Orcs are proficient with all spears.
    Slaad Heritage: Due to their Slaad heritage, Gilgrom orcs gain a +1 bonus to their Reflex defence and a +5 bonus to saving throws against poison and disease and are immune to the slaad's chaos phage
    Running Charge: When you charge, add 2 to your speed.
    Chaos Croak: You may use chaos croak as an encounter power.

Chaos Croak
    "You unleash the fury of the Elemental Chaos with a horrid frog-like croak"
    Encounter
    Standard Action Close Burst 2
    Target: All creatures in burst
    Attack: Constitution +1 vs. Will
    Hit: 1d6 + Constitution modifier damage and you slide the target 2 squares.
    Increase attack to +2 and damage to 2d6 at level 11, and increase to +3 to attack and 3d6 damage at level 21.

Season with Racial Feats to taste. Hope this helps
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Elf View Post
    H. 109
    Ok, here is my thoughts (all crunch, no fluff)

+2 Constitution, +2 Strength
    Size: Medium
    Speed: 6 squares
    Vision: Darkvision

Languages: Common, Primordial (?) or Giant
    Skill Bonuses: +2 Athletics, +2 Stealth
    Gilgrom Orc Weapon Proficiency: Gilgrom Orcs are proficient with all spears.
    Slaad Heritage: Due to their Slaad heritage, Gilgrom orcs gain a +1 bonus to their Reflex defence and a +5 bonus to saving throws against poison and disease and are immune to the slaad's chaos phage
    Running Charge: When you charge, add 2 to your speed.
    Chaos Croak: You may use chaos croak as an encounter power.

Chaos Croak
    "You unleash the fury of the Elemental Chaos with a horrid frog-like croak"
    Encounter
    Standard Action Close Burst 2
    Target: All creatures in burst
    Attack: Constitution +1 vs. Will
    Hit: 1d6 + Constitution modifier damage and you slide the target 2 squares.
    Increase attack to +2 and damage to 2d6 at level 11, and increase to +3 to attack and 3d6 damage at level 21.

Season with Racial Feats to taste. Hope this helps
    This is fantastic and it helps alot. Thank you very much.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

9. - Top - End - #309
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardfolk

R 110, Rephased-

As a Homebrewer, what would you say is the value (in physical attributes) of +1 LA? As in, how much of a stat boost would you have to give a race or template to quaify for +1 rather than +0?
    Last edited by Eldritch_Ent; 2008-08-28 at 05:49 AM.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Banned

R 111

Ok, i was wondering if someone could take Dagoth Ur from Elder Scrolls 3 and make him into a 3.5 edition creature or Character or something. Probably creature because his use of the Heart makes him a unique being of indeterminant race.

And can his mask be a Wonderous Item of some sort.? It looks like it should do something.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

R. 112

I remember how in 3.5e Cold Iron gave bonus damage against Fey and Demons, and Silver did additional damage to Devils, Lycanthropes and Vampires (if I remember correctly). Anyone have an idea on how to better implement Silver and Cold Iron in 4e without giving them a vulnerability to those types of weapons (since then everyone would keep a silver weapon and a cold iron weapon around at higher levels) So far, all Silver does is prevent Lycanthropes from regenerating. Thanks!
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

R113

Hi. I posted a thread of this a few days ago, and then realized I probably should have put it here. I don't venture into homebrew often, sorry.

It am trying to build Ultima Weapon from Final Fantasy VII for a campaign I am currently running. I intend it to be a CR18-20 which is as accurate to the game as possible.
    I need a rough outline of the monster, such as appropriate ability scores and hit points, reasonably spell like effects and accurate resistances.

Thanks for peoples time.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

R 114

Would someone be willing to make a Savage Species-style racial progression for Kolyaruts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

R 115

Please could someone make a Savage Specise-style progression for Unicorns while listing LA 0 stats for them?
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #315
    Bugbear in the Playground

R 116:

Does anyone have or is willing to make D&D 3.5 Daleks? Writing them as a race or template (probably with a LA) so they can be advanced using character classes would be great. I think they'd make a great driving force behind a campaign idea I have....
    "It's not like chess, where choosing to play black or white dictates your entire strategy. Also, chess doesn't have steam cannons."

16. - Top - End - #316
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello,

I'm currently DMing a campaign still in 3.5 rules and I am going to be introducing a pretty butch encounter soon. The boss is basically based on Mumm-Ra, yes yes the guy from thundercats, I was wondering if anyone had ever done the same thing and could offer their stats/abilities or if anyone could simply come up with some cool ideas. The group for the campaign will be around 13th lvl or so by the time they confront Mumm-Ra. Any thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated, thanks.

17. - Top - End - #317

H 107

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    R107
    I'm looking for assistance creating a race that's mechanicaly inclined (Inventors, engineers, etc). The race is feline, but all the builds I see are usually about a cat's speed (e.g. +2 Dex, +Jump, +Pounce, etc). That's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a race that emphisizes a cat's cleverness and would have bonuses to such things like building equipment or magic items, skill bonuses to craft related skills, and the like. It needs to be LA+0, but I'm flexible with the race's prefered class, size, ability mods, etc.

I've hit a mental block so anything you all can offer is greatly appreciated.

A little world background:
    The campaign world I'm building takes place about 500 years after a great technological society was destroyed by the gods. Since then technology more advanced then steam engines and gunpowder will not work-- for instance a battery drains to nothing within seconds and a dynamo doesn't produce any meaningful amount of electricity. Most races abandoned technology as a taboo and stick to magic which the gods allow. This feline race is going against the grain and trying to figure out why exactly tehcnology is cursed the way it is.

Just posting an idea for the crunch. I think it will be better if you made up your own fluff, as it probably would have a better chance of fitting in.

Medium humanoid [Feline]

+2 Int, -2 con

+2 racial bonus on Craft (Alchemy), Spellcraft and Profession (Anything) checks

Low-light vision

Chemical Affinity
    [Insert race name] has a natural affinity for chemical things. Therefore, they can use the Craft (Alchemy) skill to make items as though they could cast spells.

------

H 110

Quote Originally Posted by Mojotech View Post
    R 110, Rephased-

As a Homebrewer, what would you say is the value (in physical attributes) of +1 LA? As in, how much of a stat boost would you have to give a race or template to quaify for +1 rather than +0?
    That depends really much on the other features. That's about all I can say.

------

H 112

R. 112

I remember how in 3.5e Cold Iron gave bonus damage against Fey and Demons, and Silver did additional damage to Devils, Lycanthropes and Vampires (if I remember correctly). Anyone have an idea on how to better implement Silver and Cold Iron in 4e without giving them a vulnerability to those types of weapons (since then everyone would keep a silver weapon and a cold iron weapon around at higher levels) So far, all Silver does is prevent Lycanthropes from regenerating. Thanks!
    I don't know that much about 4E, but in 3.5E, silver and cold iron "only" helped overcoming damage reduction, unless I've missed something. Perhaps you could do something similar in 4E with the metals?

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

R. 112Anyone have an idea on how to better implement Silver and Cold Iron in 4e without giving them a vulnerability to those types of weapons (since then everyone would keep a silver weapon and a cold iron weapon around at higher levels) So far, all Silver does is prevent Lycanthropes from regenerating. Thanks!
    Adventurer's Vault. Alchemical Silver (p. 23) is an oil that provides 15 minutes of bonus damage against opponents vulnerable or suffer detrimental effects from silvered weapons. Cold Iron is on page 66 as an enchantment for magic weapons.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Adventurer's Vault. Alchemical Silver (p. 23) is an oil that provides 15 minutes of bonus damage against opponents vulnerable or suffer detrimental effects from silvered weapons. Cold Iron is on page 66 as an enchantment for magic weapons.
    C112?

Thanks. I'll go sneak a look at one of my friends' AVs.
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #320
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

R: 117
    I am putting together a new campaign where a jedi is somehow transported to the world of Eberron. My request is a homebrewed base class or prestege class that "walks talks and acts" like a jedi. If possible, please include stats for a lightsaber (especially how to make one in game). If anyone happens to know if someone has already made something similar I would very much like to see it.

21. - Top - End - #321

H 117

Perhaps you could use this for stats?

{table]Name|Dmg (S)|Dmg (M)|Critical|Range Increment|Weight|Type
    Lightsaber|2d4|2d6|18-20 x3|-|5 lb.|Slashing or piercing[/table]

Keep in mind that it is stronger than the other weapons in the PHB now.

Also made a feat for you:

Force throw (Or whatever it's called)

You can throw your lightsaber and let it return to you.

Prerequisite: Exotic weapon proficiency: Lightsabers
    Benefit: All lightsabers wielded by you gains a range increment of 10 ft. until they leave your hands. This means that you can throw the weapon to inflict damage on creatures longer away from you than melee range.
    This acts like throwing a dagger, except that you can make the weapon return to you by using the force, and it deals the same damage as a lightsaber normally would. If you choose to let the lightsaber return to you, it will fly in a straight line towards you at the end of the round. That means that you cannot make attacks of opportunity with it until then. If you don't have, or lose, line of sight before the end of the round, you cannot get it to return to you.

22. - Top - End - #322

Quote Originally Posted by insecure View Post
    H 107
    Just posting an idea for the crunch. I think it will be better if you made up your own fluff, as it probably would have a better chance of fitting in.
    Oh hey, I forgot I posted that. Thanks for replying! Since that post I've been working on it and have a working prototype, but I like your idea on Chemical Affinity, I'll definitly add that. Thanks!
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #323
    Pixie in the Playground

okay i am having troulbe with filling out my character sheet for my elfven ranger please help

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by XGemo_The_EmoX View Post
    okay i am having troulbe with filling out my character sheet for my elfven ranger please help
    That would go to the Character Builder thread in the Gaming (d20 and General RPG) forum.

Also, you'll need to state which edition you're playing, the level of the ranger, his attributes, etc. Otherwise, we can't help.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Pixie in the Playground

I am putting together a new campaign where a jedi is somehow transported to the world of Eberron. My request is a homebrewed base class or prestege class that "walks talks and acts" like a jedi. If possible, please include stats for a lightsaber (especially how to make one in game). If anyone happens to know if someone has already made something similar I would very much like to see it.

If you really want to incorporate light sabers into a campaign, you should really make them as accurate as possible. Light sabers can burn through anything, including solid walls of metal. They're pure energy beams, so giving them a "slashing" or "piercing" doesn't really make much sense. They simply destroy everything. They should be able to bybass all "armor" and "natural armor" bonuses. Now that in itself is extremely butch. Maybe to counterbalance that, they can't be enchanted magically? and also a critical miss should have some kind of devastating affect. Also, you could create a knowledge(technology) skill, and a craft(technology) skill. Just some ideas.

In terms of a base class, I would use the "monk" as a starting tool, keeping their AC bonus, fast movement, flurry of blows, slow fall, etc. and substitute the obvious stuff like unarmed damage, ki strike, and all the other crap like "still mind" and "purity of body" for Jedi like abilities. They should probably have some kind of "force pool" (similar to KI for ninjas) for when using there mind powers. I could keep going, but I already feel like this is too long, hope it helps.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rsalyerds View Post

If you really want to incorporate light sabers into a campaign, you should really make them as accurate as possible. Light sabers can burn through anything, including solid walls of metal. They're pure energy beams, so giving them a "slashing" or "piercing" doesn't really make much sense. They simply destroy everything. They should be able to bybass all "armor" and "natural armor" bonuses. Now that in itself is extremely butch. Maybe to counterbalance that, they can't be enchanted magically? and also a critical miss should have some kind of devastating affect. Also, you could create a knowledge(technology) skill, and a craft(technology) skill. Just some ideas.

In terms of a base class, I would use the "monk" as a starting tool, keeping their AC bonus, fast movement, flurry of blows, slow fall, etc. and substitute the obvious stuff like unarmed damage, ki strike, and all the other crap like "still mind" and "purity of body" for Jedi like abilities. They should probably have some kind of "force pool" (similar to KI for ninjas) for when using there mind powers. I could keep going, but I already feel like this is too long, hope it helps.
    Bypassing all armor bonuses is already an enchantment, Brilliant Energy (+5).
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/

27. - Top - End - #327
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

R.118

im playing in an Arcana Evolved campaign and i need to convert a wood elf for use with my character, basically i need to have racial/evolved levels for it. the campaign setting is one the dm made himself and wood elves have been renamed Alfar and have a norse culture.

thanks.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

R. 119

Would somebody be kind enough to stat a Call of Cthulhu monster for me?

Me and a few of my friends like to joke about Deep Crows, a creature made up awhile back by the guys at Penny Arcade. A few helpful links:
    The original reference...
    Just how bad they are...
    The 3.5e DnD stats for Ancient Deep Crows...

Also, please specify in the stats if you're making an Ancient Deep Crow, or a normal one. You can make both if you want, but I can work with just one, and tweak it for age. Ancient would be prefered, of course...

As for difficulty... meh, no guidlines there, really. I don't want it to be too hard, like Cthulhu or another Great Old One... But not a pushover, like a Deep One or something. Maybe around the between Dagon and a Shoggoth... I'm not all that concerned though, since they probably won't survive direct combat under any circumstances.

Please and thank you!
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Agmundr View Post
    R.118

im playing in an Arcana Evolved campaign and i need to convert a wood elf for use with my character, basically i need to have racial/evolved levels for it. the campaign setting is one the dm made himself and wood elves have been renamed Alfar and have a norse culture.

thanks.
    Edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    R. 119

Would somebody be kind enough to stat a Call of Cthulhu monster for me?

Me and a few of my friends like to joke about Deep Crows, a creature made up awhile back by the guys at Penny Arcade. A few helpful links:
    The original reference...
    Just how bad they are...
    The 3.5e DnD stats for Ancient Deep Crows...

Also, please specify in the stats if you're making an Ancient Deep Crow, or a normal one. You can make both if you want, but I can work with just one, and tweak it for age. Ancient would be prefered, of course...

As for difficulty... meh, no guidlines there, really. I don't want it to be too hard, like Cthulhu or another Great Old One... But not a pushover, like a Deep One or something. Maybe around the between Dagon and a Shoggoth... I'm not all that concerned though, since they probably won't survive direct combat under any circumstances.

Please and thank you!
    Edition?
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

6th edition, just going by the standard rulebook. No add-ons or anything...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.