New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Any Orc/Goblinoid Fans??

Sorry the Haunts taking a bit to get up. Been working 60 hour weeks lately. Doesnt lave much time.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

Minor update. I should get it this weekend if all goes well.
    Orcs and Goblins

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

think the capstone is okay? It's easier to see invisible critters at higher levels.
    Orcs and Goblins

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ettin in the Playground

I've always found that Superior Invisibility to be rather lack-luster as 9th level spells go. It could push the envelop a little further than it did, such as ignoring trueseeing effects, since it's rather annoying that your all-powerful 9th level spell is foiled by a 5th level one. ><

That aside, why the sudden jump from times per day to at will, especially w/ a spell that the main casters won't have access to for another 2 or 3 levels? I suppose I can let it slide on the level, since casters are throwing 8th level spells around by this point, anyways, but at will? that seems a bit much. Maybe Charisma bonus per day, since they already got 8 personal invisibility effects per day, along w/ another 3 to cover themselves and their buddies with.

I personally would have liked to seen a hide in plain sight and camouflage like the ranger abilities, which dovetail fairly nicely w/ where this class seems to be aimed. Maybe favored terrain bonuses for their environs as well but hey, your PRC, not mine.

Them's my 2 coppers. Take as you will.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

Im just experimenting to see what people thought. I was also thinking of maybe just Greater Invisibility but making it permanent
    Orcs and Goblins

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

OK got most of it done. Think it should get any Manifester levels at al?
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ettin in the Playground

Holy Spell-Like Ability-Pa-Looza, Batman! @_@

Maybe it's just me but where did the Psionics go in this PRC? It needs Psionics to get in but then they go all Sorcerer, with Spell-Likes coming out of every orifice. @_@

Maybe some non-spell-like abilities would be in order, something w/ a psionic flavor to it that gives you some reason to be psionic in the first place? otherwise, I'd throw Psionics out the window and rewrite the requirements for Ranger/Sorcerers b/c ZOMG SPELL-LIKES!
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

8. - Top - End - #608
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah. Removing some of this stuff for an advanced hide in plain sight might open up more room for psionicy stuff.

Also, hey, I'm back looking at this section. I've been too busy with d20 Modern to create any new stats, but I will give commentary and critiques when I can.
    LGBTitP

9. - Top - End - #609
    Troll in the Playground

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

The SLA'S are still psionically driven, I just couldn't find a psionic power to do what I wanted it to do. I could make some, but that would take a while.
    Orcs and Goblins

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

Okay I have some new ideas I'll be editing in. Warriors Endurance is done and awaiting commentary.
    Orcs and Goblins

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

Okay I got the rest of the revisions done except possibly Manifester Levels. Any thoughts now?
    Orcs and Goblins

13. - Top - End - #613
    Titan in the Playground

HIGHWAYMAN

"Your money and your life."

"Isn't that supposed to be your money or your life?"

WHACK!

"Anyone else got questions?"

When one is blessed with psychic powers one can use them for many things. You could heal the sick, or help defend communities. You could scry for dangers, and try to avert disasters. Or you could rob rich people blind out on the rural roads.

BECOMING A HIGHWAYMAN
    Most Highwaymen begin as Lurks, perhaps with a level or two of Rogue to diversify their skills.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Any Goblinoid
    Class Abilities: Lurk Augments, Initiative Boost, must be able to Manifest Cloud Mind
    Skills: Hide 4 ranks, Listen 4 ranks, Move Silently 4 ranks, Ride 4 ranks
    Feats: Lurk Master, Ranged Lurk Augment

Class Skills
    The Highwayman's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Autohypnosis (Wis), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Local, Psionics, Nobility)(Int), Move Silently (Dex), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), and Tumble (Dex).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d6

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +0     +2     +2    Mah Trusty Steed, Augments
    2. +1    +0     +3     +3    Aura of Intimidation
    3. +2    +1     +3     +3    +1d6 Sneak Attack
    4. +3    +1     +4     +4    Mah Trusty Steed
    5. +3    +1     +4     +4    Aura of Intimidation
    6. +4    +2     +5     +5    +1d6 Sneak Attack
    7. +5    +2     +5     +5    Mah Trusty Steed
    8. +6    +2     +6     +6    Aura of Intimidation
    9. +6    +3     +6     +6    +1d6 Sneak Attack
    10.+7    +3     +7     +7    Fell Blow
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Highwayman gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Mah Trusty Steed (Ex): At 1st level the Highwayman learns to link himself psionically to his steed. So long as the Highwayman is psionically focused he and his steed are in constant mental contact. You take no penalty for riding bareback or with an unusual mount, and the DC of all your Ride checks are -5.

At 4th level your ability to bond improves, and you no longer have to be focused to get the benefits. Your Ride Check DC's are now -10.

At 7th level you may Manifest any power with a range of Personal on your steed as well as yourself for +1 power point.

Augments: The Players Highwayman and Lurk levels stack for purposes of determining what Lurk Augments are available to him.

Aura of Intimidation (Su): At 2nd level you gain the ability to psionically generate an Aura of Fear as a Swift Action. The Aura can only be manifested if you have at least 1 power point in reserve (but costs none to Manifest), and lasts for 3 rounds plus 1 round per point of Intelligence Modifier. The duration can be improved by spending power points (+3 rounds per power point spent). Any living creature that can see you within 60' must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Charisma Modifier) or be Shaken for the rest of the encounter.

At 5th level you can spend 2 power points, and if the opponent fails the Save they are Cowering for 1d6 rounds, and then Shaken for the rest of the encounter. These power points are in addition to any spent to increase the auras duration.

At 8th level you can spend 2 power points and if the opponent fails the Save he is Frightened for 1d6 rounds, and then Shaken for the rest of the encounter. These power points are in addition to any spent to increase the auras duration.

Sneak Attack (Ex): Identical to the Rogue ability on page 50 of the PHB, and stacks with Sneak Attack Dice gained from other classes. At 3rd level you may use your Sneak Attack on Ranged Attacks up to 60'.

At 6th level you may use your Lurk Augments at range up to 60'.

At 9th level the range of your Sneak Attacks and Lurk Augments increases to 90'

Fell Blow (Su): At 10th level the Highwayman may instantly kill opponents under circumstances. Should he successfully confirm a critical when his opponent is Denied his Dexterity Bonus to AC, his opponent must make a Willpower Save (10 plus half Hit Dice plus Intelligence Modifier) or die instantly. If the Save is successful, he gains 2 additional dice of Sneak Attack damage instead.

PLAYING A HIGHWAYMAN
    You want money. Fat, rich people who don't deserve it have money. Therefore you must liberate the poor money from them. It's only natural. Plus putting the occasional crossbow bolt in their buttocks just makes your day.
    Combat: You prefer combat at a distance, but if they want it to be up close and bloody you can oblige. They'll be sorry by the time it's over. A quick belly stab works as well as an ambush in the dark.
    Advancement: Highwaymen concentrate on powers that let them perform their job, i.e. rob people and run like hell afterwards. If it doesn't help them do that, they usually aren't interested.
    Resources: Highwaymen are usually loners, but some do it to help support their tribe, and if so they'll have their assistance. Some end up stealing from truly vicious despots (whether by accident or design) and end up folk heroes because of it.

HIGHWAYMEN IN THE WORLD
    "One day. One day we will catch the Masked Wolf Bandit. And then he will know pain!"
    You generally interact with people by taking their stuff forcibly. It'd be nice if they just handed it over for a change, but no one ever does. Poor bastards. You'd kill a lot less of them if that were the case.
    Daily Life: You're usually out listening for rumors about who's traveling where, or doing what. Anything that can be a chance to steal something.
    Notables: Make up some cool information about notable figures in the history of your class. It's best to give a little information from one of the good alignment and evil alignment (unless it's a good or evil only class).
    Organizations: Highwaymen are too individualistic to be organized, and often consider one another rivals.

NPC Reaction
    If they have money, NPC's usually have a pretty poor disposition towards you. If not, they probably think it's awesome how you stole Lord Bile's money and left him naked in the woods. It may even get you a couple of free beers!

HIGHWAYMEN IN THE GAME
    Much like the fictional characters this class is inspired by, Highwaymen tend to hog the limelight. Try to make sure the campaign occasionally focuses on giving the other players a chance.
    Adaptation: This could go in a silly or serious campaign. Maybe even in a horror one if you wanted.
    Encounters: If the PC's are loaded down with phat loot or guarding nobility, they'll probably encounter Highwaymen out on the roads. If not, they'll probably be sharing a cell with him if the local nobility takes a disliking to them.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's have been asked to guard a local nobleman's coach as he travels through a nearby forest on the way to a neighboring Duke's manse. Apparently the noble is afraid of a lone goblin. A lone goblin! Whatever happened to the good ole days when nobles had a little fire in them?

The Masked Wolf
    NE Male Goblin Lurk 3/Rogue 3/Highwayman 6
    Init +3, Senses: Listen +7, Spot +7, Dark Vision 60'
    Languages Common, Goblin, Orc, Gnoll
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC 18, touch 18, flat-footed 15 (+1 Size, +3 Dex, +4 Deflection)
    hp 42 (12 HD)
    Fort +4, Ref +14, Will +10
    Evasion
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee +1 Rapier +11/+6 (1d4-1/15-20)
    Ranged +1 Light Crossbow +11/+6 (1d6/17-20)
    Base Atk +8, Grp +2
    Atk Options Psionic Sneak Attack +1d6, Sneak Attack +4d6
    Combat Gear
    Augments Known Additional Sneak Attack, Deceptive Strike, Ignore Concealment, Mental Assault, Reach Attack, Sneak Attack Undead, Solid Strike, Stunning Attack, Unfocusing Strike
    Powers Known 1st: Extend Range, Mighty Spring, Defensive Precognition
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 6, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 12
    SQ Trapfinding, Trap Sense +1, Mah Trusty Steed, Aura of Intimidation (DC 19)
    Feats Lurk Master, Ranged Lurk Augment, Weapon Finesse
    Skills Appraise +11, Autohypnosis +9, Bluff +7, Concentration +8, Diplomacy +5, Disguise +5, Gather Information +5, Hide +13, Jump +6, Knowledge (Local, Nobility, Psionics) +7, Listen +7, Move Silently +9, Ride +11, Search +12, Sense Motive +6, Spot +7, Tumble +8
    Possessions Hat of Anonymity, +4 Ring of Protection, +3 Cloak of Resistance, +1 Quick Loading Keen Light Crossbow, +1 Keen Rapier, Gauntlets of Giant Felling, Belt of Hidden Pouches, 845 GP

EPIC HIGHWAYMAN

Hit Die: d6
    Lurk Augments The Highwayman continues to gain an additional daily use of his Lurk Augments with each Epic Level.
    Sneak Attack The Highwayman gains +1d6 Sneak Attack at Level 22 and every 3 levels thereafter.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Highwayman gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-04-14 at 05:06 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

Has the Complete Psionic been errata'd? I notice under the Lurk Augments they list a Reach augment, but there's no description for it.
    Orcs and Goblins

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

Most of the class abilities are up. I need to work out the steed and the capstone still.
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #616
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Has the Complete Psionic been errata'd? I notice under the Lurk Augments they list a Reach augment, but there's no description for it.
    Nope, and I wouldn't hold your breath for it considering WotC's track record. The best you can hope for is this list in the WotC forum's archives.
    LGBTitP

17. - Top - End - #617
    Troll in the Playground

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

Just needs a cap and possible Manifester levels. Any thoughts on what you'd like to see?
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #619
    Titan in the Playground

Highwayman is done. Will give a day for reviewing and I'll start the next one.
    Orcs and Goblins

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ettin in the Playground

In Aura of Intimidation, the condition you describe is the ability to have psionic focus. Just say you have to be psionically focused to activate the aura. Simple.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground

JANISSARY

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

Hobgoblin psychics are usually trained for war. Few of them ever gain anything in the form of psychic power, and those that have the proper abilities and mindset are asked to join an elite cadre of soldiers: the Janissary's.

BECOMING A JANISSARY
    Janissary's normally begin as Ardent's, but eventually they stray from that path to become warriors first, and psychics second.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Hobgoblin or Dekanter
    Mantles: Conflict, Force, Mental Power, Physical Power
    Feats: Combat Manifestation, Narrow Mind, Psionic Weapon
    Skills: Autohypnosis 8 ranks, Concentration 8 ranks
    Special: Must have been sponsored for membership by a current Janissary.

Class Skills
    The Janissary's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Autohypnosis (Wis), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Int), Psicraft (Int), Ride (Dex), Swim (Str), and Survival (Wis).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 2 + int

Hit Dice: d8

Code:
    1. +1    +2     +0     +2    Armor Focus
    2. +2    +3     +0     +3    Skill Focus, +1 Manifester Level
    3. +3    +3     +1     +3    Weapon Focus
    4. +4    +4     +1     +4    Armor Focus, +1 Manifester Level
    5. +5    +4     +1     +4    Skill Focus, +1 Manifester Level
    6. +6    +5     +2     +5    Weapon Focus
    7. +7    +5     +2     +5    Armor Focus, +1 Manifester Level
    8. +8    +6     +2     +6    Skill Focus
    9. +9    +6     +3     +6    Weapon Focus, +1 Manifester Level
    10.+10   +7     +3     +7    Chorbaji, +1 Manifester Level
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Janissary gains proficiency with all Martial weapons.

Armor Focus (Su): At first level while you are psionically focused you may reduce the skill check penalty by 2, and if it lowers your speed the penalty is 5 ft. less (for example if you normally move 30', but the armor lowers your move to 20', you move 25' while psionically focused).

At 4th level when you are psionically focused you take no movement penalty while wearing Medium or Heavy Armor, and the skill check penalt of your armor or shield is reduced by -4.

At 7th level you can increase the Armor Bonus to Armor Class of your shield or armor by spending power points as a Standard Action (1 power point per +1 AC, duration is 1 round per Janissary Level).

Skill Focus (Su): At second level the Janissary may lose its Psionic Focus to gain a +4 Bonus to any skill it has taken ranks in for 1 round.

At 5th level it may lose its Psionic Focus to gain a +4 Bonus in any skill whether it has ranks in it or not for 1 round.

At 8th level the Janissary may increase the duration of the skill Bonus to 24 hours by expending 3 power points. The Janissary may only increase one such skill bonus in duration at a time. However it may gain temporary bonuses for 1 round in other skill by expending it's psionic focus each time.

Weapon Focus (Su): At third level you may expend 3 power points as a Swift Action, and you do not automatically miss on attack rolls if you roll a "1". This lasts for the duration of the encounter.

At 6th level you may expend 3 power points as a Swift Action, and the critical threat range of your weapon doubles for the duration of the encounter. This does not stack with other abilities that increase critical threat range.

At 9th level while psionically focused you may reroll any damage roll that results in a "1".

Chorbadji (Su) At 10th level the duration of your psionic powers is increased by 1 round per Janissary within 60' when it is initially Manifested.

PLAYING A JANISSARY
    You are the best of the best in one of the finest military's in the world. An elite soldier without peer. And may the Gods help anyone who suggests otherwise...
    Combat: Janissary's use their psychic powers to increase their fighting skills, and abilities to commit sabotage and murder. They aren't interested in much else.
    Advancement: Janissary's only ever seek to be better soldiers. Whether by being better fighters, or better leaders, or better at some odd skill, all they do is in the interest of furthering their military career.
    Resources: The Janissary's can call upon the Hobgoblin army for help if it is in the interest of the military. They don't have much time for personal adventures, and the arm would never assist with such.

JANISSARY'S IN THE WORLD
    "We'll need more than hired thugs if we wish to fight the Janissary's sir."
    The Janissary's spend most of their time among themselves, and rarely (if ever) interact with others when on missions unless it is necessary. Most others would call them 'cold' at best. But the leaders of the Janissary's have long known that if you can sympathize with an enemy it maes it harder to fight them.
    Daily Life: The Janissary's spend their time in combat or preparing for it. The military is virtually their whole life, and most would feel lost without it.
    Notables: Puntsag (LE Male Dekanter Ardent 6/Janissary 5) is the lead saboteur used to destroy the mining operations of nearby dwarves. Nyamaa (LE Male Hobgoblin Ardent 6/Janissary 5) has worked his way up to commanding his own small force.
    Organizations: The Janissary's are part of the Hobgoblin military, and are subject to their orders. Granted they're an elite unit, so their life is far different than that of the average infantry.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's react to the Janissary's the way they do to any military unit: nervousness. After all the military is usually one step away from massacring the populace or taking control in Lawful Evil societies.

JANISSARY'S IN THE GAME
    The Janissary's are primarily a military force, and will seem out of place in a non military campaign. There are always deserters, but they will be marked for death by their former comrades.
    Adaptation: The Janissary is a professional soldier. If you aren't running a militant campaign you can always rewrite the fluff for it, because it's not likely the Hobgoblin military will assign an elite soldier to wander around with a group of multiracial thieves.
    Encounters: Janissary's are encountered during wars with the Hobgoblins, or as saboteurs and assassins in the lead up to the war. Occasionally they are assigned on a mission of some importance that doesn't relate to warfare, but these are usually pretty unusual circumstances.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: Give the encounter level and description of a sample member of this class and a stat block for him/her.

Nyamaa
    LE Male Hobgoblin Ardent 6/Janissary 5
    Init +1, Senses: Listen +3, Spot +3, Dark Vision 60'
    Languages Common, Dwarven, Goblin
    AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19 (+1 Dex, +9 Armor)
    hp 65 (11 HD)
    Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +12
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee +1 Longsword +12/+7 melee (1d8+3/19-20)
    Base Atk +9, Grp +11
    Combat Gear 2 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds
    Powers Known1st: Adrenaline Boost, Deflection, Force Shield, Mind Thrust, Offensive Prescience
    2nd: Animal Affinity, Concussion Blast
    3rd: Dimension Slide
    4th: Intellect Fortress
    5th: Psychic Crush
    Manifester Level 9, Power Points 85
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 8
    SQ Primary Mantles (Force, Physical Power), Secondary Mantles (Conflict, Mental Power)
    Feats Combat Manifestation, Leadership, Narrow Mind, Psionic Weapon
    Skills Autohypnosis +11, Climb +5, Concentration +10, Knowledge (Psionics, War) +5, Intimidate +3, Jump +5, Move Silently +5, Psicraft +4, Ride +4, Survival +6
    Possessions+1 Heavy Fortification Full Plate, +1 Mindarmor Linked Manifester Heavy Steel Shield, +1 Mindfeeder Mindcrusher Longsword, 2 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 376 GP

EPIC JANISSARY

Hit Die: d8
    Skills Points at Each Level : 2 + int
    Powers Your Manifester level increases with each Epic level, but you gain no new powers or power points..
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Janissary gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-04-24 at 05:02 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground

Any thoughts on the SKill Bonus ability as written?
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

All the class abilities are up.

Any feedback is appreciated
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

Would you guys prefer something other than psychic classes? Ive noticed a bit of slowdown lately...
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #625
    Titan in the Playground

well I guess the Janissary is done, so time for the next one:

PSYCHIC EXPERIMENT

[IMG]Picture URL[/IMG]

"Needles again? I'm really beginning to hate needles..."

Primitive goblinoids are often used for experiments, mostly because they are easy to find, and most came as a result of experimentation anyway.

BECOMING A PSYCHIC EXPERIMENT
    You have to be a poor, unfortunate forest dwelling goblinoid primitive living your life normally (i.e. killing anything non-goblinoid). Then you have to be kidnapped by a sadistic madman hellbent on making you part of his army of private supermen. Sometimes he even succeeds.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Varag or Forestkith
    Feats: Must have one of the following Feats: Chaotic Mind, Closed Mind, Force of Will, Hostile Mind, Mental Resistance, Psionic Hole
    Skills: Hide 8 ranks, Move Silently 8 ranks, Survival 8 ranks
    Base Saving Throws: Must have a Base Fortitude or Reflex Save of +5
    Special: Must have been kidnapped by a psychopathic madman and endured a "life enhancing brain operation".

Class Skills
    The Psychic Experiment's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Nature)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str)

Hit Dice: d8

Code:
    1. +0    +2     +0     +2    Enhanced Brain
    2. +1    +3     +0     +3    Addicted to the Rageohol
    3. +2    +3     +1     +3    Enhanced Fleeing Skills
    4. +3    +4     +1     +4    Enhanced Brain
    5. +3    +4     +1     +4    Addicted to the Rageohol
    6. +4    +5     +2     +5    Enhanced Fleeing Skills
    7. +5    +5     +2     +5    Enhanced Brain
    8. +6    +6     +2     +6    Addicted to the Rageohol
    9. +6    +6     +3     +6    Enhanced Fleeing Skills
    10.+7    +7     +3     +7    Nega-Psychic
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Psychic Experiment gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Enhanced Brain (Ex): Due to the operations you have suffered, you ability to resist psionics has been enhanced. At 1st level you gain new abilities based on which Feat you used to qualify for the class:

Chaotic Mind: Anyone attempting to access your mind (i.e. spells like Detect Thoughts or powers like Read Thoughts), must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Wisdom Bonus) or be Stunned for 1 round.

Closed Mind: Your Bonus to resist powers increases to +4.

Force of Will: You gain a +2 Bonus to your Willpower Save when using this Feat.

Hostile Mind: If your opponent fails his Saving Throw he now takes 3d6 damage.

Mental Resistance: Your DR from this Feat now affects Ability Drain or Burn.

Psionic Hole: If your opponent loses his Psionic Focus due to this Feat, his Concentration DC check to get it back increases to 25 for the rest of the encounter. In addition he must expend 1 power point when making the Concentration check.

At 4th level your anti psionic powers increase again:

Chaotic Mind: Anyone attempting to access your mind (i.e. spells like Detect Thoughts or powers like Read Thoughts), must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Wisdom Bonus) or be Paralyzed for 1d4 rounds.

Closed Mind: Your Bonus to resist powers increases to +6.

Force of Will: You gain a +4 Bonus to your Willpower Save when using this Feat.

Hostile Mind: If your opponent fails his Saving Throw he now takes 4d6 damage.

Mental Resistance: Your DR from this Feat now increases to DR 5/-.

Psionic Hole: Your opponent must now expend power points equal to double your Wisdom Modifier.

At 7th level

Chaotic Mind: Anyone attempting to access your mind (i.e. spells like Detect Thoughts or powers like Read Thoughts), must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Wisdom Bonus) or suffer 1d6 Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma Drain.

Closed Mind: Your Bonus to resist powers increases to +8, and applies to magic as well as psionics.

Force of Will: You gain a +6 Bonus to your Willpower Save when using this Feat.

Hostile Mind: If your opponent fails his Saving Throw he now takes 5d6 damage.

Mental Resistance: Your DR from this Feat now increases to DR 8/-.

Psionic Hole: Your opponent must now expend power points equal to double your Wisdom Modifier to regain his Psionic Focus as well.

Addicted to the Rageohol (Ex): By 2nd level you've gotten pretty darn tired of listening to the jokes about your big head. And lo it becomes your weapon o' vengeance. At 2nd level you can go into a fit if rage as a Free Action, even if it isn't your turn. This fit of rage has all the usual disadvantages of Barbarian Rage (See PHB page 25), but instead of stat bonuses you gain a Headbutt attack as a Primary Natural Weapon. This attack does 2d6 plus double your Strength modifier. If you succeed in confirming a critical hit with this attack your opponent must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Strength Modifier) or be Stunned 1 round. The fit of rage lasts for the duration of the encounter, and may be used once per day. Usually after the first display no on else is willing to ____ you off the rest of the day.

At 5th level you can enter a fit of rage twice per day. Your headbutt now does 3d6 plus double Strength modifier, and your opponent must Save or be Stunned with any successful hit, not just a critical. When he succeeds with a critical the opponent must make the Fortitude Save or be Stunned 1d4 rounds.

At 8th level you can enter a fit of rage 3 times per day. Your headbutt now does 4d6 plus double Strength modifier. Also, if you use it against a psionic opponent, they lose 1d6 power points with each successful hit.

Enhanced Fleeing Skills (Ex): Running away is an unfortunate fact of life for you as the people who hate and fear you tend to have more friends with pitchforks than you do. At 3rd level you can move through difficult terrain or over obstacles that don't completely block movement at your full speed.

At 6th level you can move at full speed while making Hide or Move Silently Checks or at half move while Climbing without taking a penalty to the Skill Check.

At 9th level your movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and your opponent gains no bonuses to attack you when you are prone.

Nega-Psychic (Su): At 10th level your brain interferes with psychic powers quite phenomenally, especially when it's at close range. You've also gained a bit more self control. You can now use your headbutt attack at will without having to enter a fit of rage (i.e. you have the benefits of the Rageohol without the bitter side effects). Plus if you successfully critical with a Headbutt, your psionic opponents must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Constitution Modifier) whenever he attempts to Manifest a power within the next 3 rounds, or he must spend an extra 10 power points to Manifest it.

PLAYING A PSYCHIC EXPERIMENT
    Some jerk popped you out of your hut one night after dosing you with ether, popped your brain out of your skull, did something to it, and then sewed it back in. Now you have bolts in your neck and some forehead scarring. or maybe your brain is actually visible, or your head has swelled tremendously. Which means meaningful romantic relationships will be difficult to come by. And consequently you're a little bit ticked off.
    Combat: Psychic Experiments generally tend to flee larger numbers of foes, or ones that may be more powerful. They just want to live and forget what has happened to them. But against Psionics they can be quite powerful.
    Advancement: Advancement is a harsh concept for most Psychic Experiments. If they're under the thumb of their maker, they advance in any manner he chooses. If they aren't, they're probably an outcast just about everywhere, and they advance by just trying to survive.
    Resources: Psychic Experiments sometimes are on good terms with their creators, and if so they may call on them for aid. But usually they're fleeing for their lives from them, and just about everyone else.

PSYCHIC EXPERIMENTS IN THE WORLD
    "you're seeing the freak? The guy with bolts in his neck? Why?"
    Interaction with the world is limited to fleeing your "master", and mobs of people who for some reason won't accept you just want to live your life in peace and get sloshed on hallucinatory berries on the weekend like every other person does.
    Daily Life: Life consists of fleeing people who want to kill you, making horribly misunderstood passes at women which creates mobs of people who want to kill you, and occasionally getting fed up with it all long enough to do someone serious damage.
    Notables: Grot (CN Varag Scout 6/Psychic Experiment 1) led a normal (and to his view satisfying) life until he was kidnapped and worked on by some crazy black skinned elf lady who made his head grow big. Now he really hates elves. And of course anyone mentioning the head thing...
    Organizations: Psychic Experiments are often kidnapped by organizations, but they don't usually belong to them.

NPC Reaction
    You're an obvious Frankenstein's monster. Worse yet you actually hit on "normal" women. The crowd can be a tad unforgiving about it sometimes.

PSYCHIC EXPERIMENTS IN THE GAME
    Psychic Experiments are pretty good in psionic campaigns, but they'll be of little use if there aren't many psis around for them to bash.
    Adaptation: This is presented as a semi-serious class, but it would work in a horror campaign too.
    Encounters: PC's generally encounter you fleeing a bunch of people hellbent on your death. Or maybe they find you hiding out somewhere in the woods, or just going crazy after the 100th person that day has commented on the size of your forehead.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's wonder into town to see a large crowd watching a weird furry goblin headbutting a drunken bar patron to his knees.

Grot
    CN Varag Scout 6/Psychic Experiment 1
    Init +9, Senses: Listen +4, Spot +4, Scent, Dark Vision
    Languages Goblin
    AC 26, touch 14, flat-footed 22 (+4 Dex, +3 Natural, +9 Armor)
    hp 59 (10 HD)
    Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +5
    Uncanny Dodge, Evasion, Battle Fortitude +1
    Speed 70 ft. (14 squares)
    Melee +3 Short Sword +14/+9 (1d6+8/17-20)
    Base Atk +6, Grp +11
    Atk Options Skirmish (+2d6, +1 AC),
    Combat Gear 1 Potion of Cure Serious Wounds
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 18, Con 15, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 8
    SQ Can always Take 10 on a Move Silently check, Trapfinding, Trackless Step, Flawless Stride, Fast Movement
    Feats Hostile Mind, Improved Initiative, Improved Skirmish, Telling Blow, Run (B), Spring Attack (B), Track (B)
    Skills Climb +7, Concentration +5, Hide +12, Jump +11, Knowledge (Nature) +1, Listen +4, Move Silently +20, Search +1, Spot +4, Survival +8, Tumble +7 (+11 Track by Scent)
    Possessions +3 Keen Short Sword, +5 Chain Shirt, Survival Pouch, Amulet of Catapsi, Boots of Sidestepping, 1 Potion of Cure Serious Wounds, 390 GP

EPIC PSYCHIC EXPERIMENTS

Hit Die: d8
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Psychic Experiment gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-04-28 at 05:22 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ettin in the Playground

The sheer number of psionic classes is getting a little overbearing, yes. I personally have never been that big a fan of Complete Psionic and Psionic Mantles specifically.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

27. - Top - End - #627
    Titan in the Playground

Okay. I'll give it a rest for a bit once I finish the PE.
    Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #628
    Titan in the Playground

Got more abilities up.

How about some religious PrC's after this one?
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #629
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sounds good to me,

Acolyte of Bhu and Vorpal Tribble?
    Thrall of the Dire Bunny?
    Fin of.... (that big goldfish you made)?
    Last edited by The Mentalist; 2009-04-26 at 08:51 PM.
    Having trouble writing up hard stat blocks but I'm doing a lot of sharing ideas and soft mechanics lately.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Barbarian in the Playground

Any chance you could add short descriptions to the index on the first page so that we could immediately pick out something we would be interested in without visiting each page? Hyperlinks would also be nice.