New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Forgotten Realms Game

Here's the actual game thread, it will start once everyone's character is posted, so we all have easy reference on/near page 1. Here's some background to whet your appetite:

Bane, Myrkul, and Bhaal were dead to begin with. Recently, Bhaal's progeny has become the new (and much less malevolent) Lord of Murder, and Bane has used his son's body to return to life. This has left Cyric in a minor state of panic, as most of his ill-gotten portfolios have been returned to their rightful owners, with Bane claiming a couple more just to spite him. But this matters not to the residents of Faerun. For most, what matters is their lives and livelihoods. But to some, a higher calling tugs at them. They are adventurers. They... are heroes.

Recent fluxes of magical energy near High Hedge have empowered some pieces of equipment for several new adventurers, prompting them all to celebrate at a tavern in Beregost....
    Last edited by Manofmanychars; 2008-04-10 at 03:22 PM.
    The above post is Vorpal, enjoy decapitation.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Forgotten Realms Game

Quinitich Vidalla sits in a corner of the tavern, nursing a drink and keeping to herself. Her long, auburn hair is kept in place with a head band and gathered in a pony tail. Her chain shirt and a small buckler adorn her surprisingly thin figure, and several weapons can be seen under the dark cloak. It's obvious that she's not too comfortable with large crowds.
    Characters [ Krad | Tinn ]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Khorban Ironfist enters the tavern with a steady and proud gait. He removes his helm as he enters and runs a hand through his surprisingly well kept hair. His beard, as well as his chain mail armor and shield, are all meticulously well kept. The handle of a war hammer sticks straight up from his back and two smaller handles of throwing axes protrude diagonally from his shoulders. His shield hangs adorned across his backpack, displaying the Ironfist clan symbol of (you guessed it) a closed metal gauntlet. His trusty dwarven waraxe sits comfortable in its head sheath on his hip. Removing his gear and stowing it in a corner, he strides up to the bar and orders a pint of their strongest ale. Upon receiving his order, he generously tips the barman on the first round and turns to survey the tavern, leaning backwards and resting on the bar as he takes large gulps of his ale. Those observing him will notice that he does not spill his ale or slobber it down as some think dwarves do. If any spills or remains on his mustache, he is quick to wipe it away.

OOG: I am reserving red for my dialog color. School Spirit FTW.
    Last edited by King Tius; 2008-04-09 at 08:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

4. - Top - End - #4

Malark Tallstag Walks into the Inn .Pausing to dust off his robe he makes his way to a table his staff of darkwood and brass clicking as he walks.Malark has close cropped hair and is clean shaven.A tattoo of a unknown make crosses his left eye.Looking up from the table as the innkeeper nears .
    "I will require a room for this night,and a meal of what ever you have "He looks around the room taking in the other travelers and pardons as he takes his seat.

edit:I changed the color a few times
    Last edited by seekerofshadowl; 2008-04-09 at 10:40 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aza Bael slams the tavern door open, wincing slightly, it obvious he didn't mean to be so harsh with the wooden portal. "Odd city folk, I'll never understand why you insist on such pointless contraptions."

He walks purposelessly over to the bar, brushing his long blood-red hair out of his face. "I'll take whatever gets the job done quickest." he says pointedly to the barkeep, "At least whatever will for 5 gold." He says as he pulls five gold coins out of his pouch hanging from the side of his elven chain, all stylized in Cormanthyrean currency, and lets them drop from his hand onto the counter. Waiting for the bartender he unsheaths his greataxe from his back and leans it up against the counter, and unstraps the two quivers from around his waste setting them down next to his weapon. He turns around leaning with his back onto the counter, surverying the taproom as he waits for his alcohol.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Corth watched. That was all he did. He had chosen a quiet table near the fire to keep himself warm, and so he could be away from the centre of the room and all the noise, yet Corth could see and hear everything that went on inside the room whilst he stayed relatively un-noticed.
    Corth didn't mind company, he was sitting at a three-seater table. But no-one would sit near him. It wasn't company that Corth didn't like, it was noise. And in a room full of alcohol, noise was all their was.

Corth kept his head down, and concentrated on his food. Waiting to see if any drunk fool let any information slip about the recent magic outbreak.

OOC: Shotgun this colour. I just didn't talk at all in this post so I didn't use it.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

7. - Top - End - #7

(Well, let's get some info going while we wait, though the plot won't start for a bit)

At the table nearest to Corth, to local men are talking.

"Did you hear about last night's burst?"

"Yes, it's the fourth time this month. Thalantyr's always been uncaring about the effects of his spells, but he's never caused so many problems before. My ploughshare summons earth... things every time I use it! What am I supposed to do with giant dirt monsters?"

"They can bale hay pretty well, I'd wager."

"That's a good idea. But really, this needs to stop. The animals have fled the forest, and who knows what will be enchanted next. What if somebody's house were to come to life?"

"I can see the problem, one of my chairs came to life after the last burst. It's so frustrating. I guess I should go, my wife is waiting for me. Let's go."

As he said this, the arms of the man's chair wrapped themselves around his waist as the chair itself galloped out of the tavern.
    Last edited by Manofmanychars; 2008-04-10 at 03:35 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.p...char&cid=11139

A human in worn leathers and green cloak with a bow slung over his shoulder walks through the open door looking back over his shoulder, amazed look at the sight of a man riding a galloping chair. His sandy blond hair is disheveled and he has several days worth of growth towards a beard. He closes the door softly and scans the room apparently looking for someone.

His gaze settles on the uncomfortable looking wood elf in the corner, he starts in her direction. As he approaches the table his face creases into a smile and he says, "Sorry I am late. It's been a long journey and I had to take a detour. How do you fair Quin?" He pulls out a chair and settles wearily into it.
    Last edited by Rane126; 2008-04-10 at 06:08 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

As the sun dropped below the horizon, the doorway of the tavern was darkened further by the massive shape of a half-orc. He sauntered into the building and up to the bar.

"I'll have your strongest ale."

"Coming right up, that'll be-"

"I never said I'd pay for it, I said I'd HAVE it!"

The half-orc raised his fist to reveal a faintly-glowing gauntlet.

"This here gauntlet can knock out everyone in this room with one punch. Me an' all my buddies got stuff just like it! We been hanging out around High Hedge, if you catch my drift. Got it?"

"G-g-g-got it. H-here's your drink, sir."

Most of the patrons had left the tavern during this very loud exchange, leaving only a few civilians and the barkeep huddled down near the floor.

(your moves)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Quinitich

Startled for a second, she narrows her eyes before going wide-eyed. "Maxwell? The gods must be crazy, what are you doing here? No, sorry, how are you?" She smiles and becomes a little more relaxed, then notices the half-orc and sneers.
    Last edited by Quixotico; 2008-04-11 at 11:21 AM.
    Characters [ Krad | Tinn ]

11. - Top - End - #11

Max

Sitting with his back to the bar, Max hears the belligerent discussion. Being a good hearted fellow he bristles on behalf of the innkeeper but makes no move. Instead he relies on Quin to give him a signal to act if necessary. He glances to his bow leaning against the wall but apparently realizes in the confines of the common room closer combat might be in order. He surreptitiously loosens his short sword in it's sheath, just in case. He looks into Quin's eyes for a signal.

12. - Top - End - #12

The half-orc laughed as he saw the state of the tavern.

"Looks like you got nothin' but cowards in here, pal! Guess I may as well liberate them of their valuables while I'm here. What's this? Wood Elves? In a bar? Shouldn't you guys be out in the woods (string of obscene insunuations that this DM is loathe to repeat)? Get on out of here before I make you! I mean, I'm no prince, but Wood Elves? Now those guys are animals! I can't believe you were allowed in!"

The half-orc moves towards Aza Bael threateningly, the closer of the two Wood Elves.

EDIT: (DM's note: Randel can jump in whenever, sorry I forgot you)
    Last edited by Manofmanychars; 2008-04-10 at 06:38 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Seren

A young woman with well-groomed black hair enters the the tavern, dressed in traveling clothes that are sturdy and well kept. She looks as if she had spent a good deal of time traveling along the road. She looks toward the bar as if eager to get something to drink, but suddenly notices the half-orc. She stands still, unsure of what to do.

Meanwhile, outside the tavern but more or less hidden in an alleyway, a cloaked figure sits perfectly still. Hunkered down in a position that its owner thought would make it less visible. Beneath the cloak, under the clothes, some sewn up sheets of cloth and padded in cotton and straw... a skeleton animated by darkest necromancy waits while its owner goes inside to get a drink.

Though it has no thoughts of its own, the sudden agitation of its mistress causes its bony fingers to twitch a little. Ready to obey her 'commands'.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Khorban frowns as the half-orc starts to badger the barkeep. He drains his current mug of ale (3rd, just in case anyone was wondering) and walks towards the half-orc. "That's quite a claim yer making there about this gauntlet. If you think you're so tough with that gauntlet, why not put it up on a wager. I'll bet you my magic war hammer that I can take you in a drinking contest."

OOG: Let's see if I can put that 20 con to use!
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

15. - Top - End - #15

With out getting up from his seat malark chants and unleashes an orb or eclectically toward the half orc.he then rolls under the table.

Initwoohoo 22
    Ranged touch attack: Igot a 17
    DAMAGE:6 no save there.

edit:odd I edited for spelling and it moved me to the bottom of the page?

forgot touch attack and I posted before Khorban
    Last edited by seekerofshadowl; 2008-04-10 at 08:21 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

The half-orc falls to one knee.

"Ow! Cut it out! I mean, um, you'd better show yourself! If you're looking for information, I ain't talkin'!"

The half-orc raises his fist to perform his special attack (it's a full-round action).

Init:9 (his ability will activate at this point, but being attacked interrupts it, so roll high to stop him. If you fail to stop him, make a DC 15 Will save or be knocked out for 1d4 rounds.)

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aza Bael takes a quick look at the barbarian before giving him a collective yawn, "I don't have time for a fat faced arse like you. Get smart with me again and I'll put you down like the dog you are." He reaches under the counter and pulls his greataxe up just as he notices searing globe of electricity smash into the loud mouthed orc.

"Sorry mage, but would you mind if I handled this one? Seeing as how he's already insulted my mother and wot not." He says rather loudly, as he hefts his massive weapon up pretending to strain under it's weight. He readies himself for the fight.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[16]

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

(OOC: 16 init so I'll go ahead and post my action.)

Aza begins moving after he finishes his words, not even giving the mage a chance to respond he lifts his weapon up above his head and brings it down in a deadly arc the only thing on his mind now is the anticipation of bathing in his newfound foe's blood.

(1d20+7)[8] Attack
    (1d12+7)[12] Damage

Edit: (OOC: Well I think I just put a nice hole in the floor next to him. Maybe he's scared. XD)
    Last edited by JupiterJazz; 2008-04-10 at 08:39 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

[OOC] I have done went this round unless that was a surprise round encase I will roll 17

20. - Top - End - #20

(with the bonus removed, you critically missed the half-orc, however...)

The half-orc yelped in shock upon seeing that enormous axe land near him.

"Wait, stop, I give up! Please don't kill me!"

He started to run for the door, but tripped and fell.

"I'll tell you whatever you want, just let me live!"

He was crying at this point, and the civilians and barkeep were laughing hysterically at the pathetic display. The barkeep was particularly amused.

"So, you're used to just pushin' us around, but you wet yourself at the first sign of opposition? You're a sad excuse of a half-orc. Now you'll get what's coming to you."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

"HEY! Where in the nine hells are you going?" He watches in disbelief as the orc gets up and runs, wondering why the hell he didn't get attacked for leaving himself so open. "I guess it is true what the full bloods say about their half-kin." He says loud enough for the orc to hear him. He begins positioning himself in between the door and the half-orc. "Now speak to me, what was all this talk about getting information out of you?"

22. - Top - End - #22

malark stands and appoches the orc staff taping on the floor""Off with the gauntlet then oaf. where did you get it?"

23. - Top - End - #23

"What, are you guys stupid or something? I got this gauntlet the way everyone's been getting magical items lately. That mage guy at High Hedge has been causing waves of magic to hit stuff and enchant it. I betcha some of your stuff got hit last night, like my gauntlet. My friends an' I was gonna become bandits after waiting a few weeks near High Hedge to get some magical gear. Their stuff is better than mine, even."

He hands over his gauntlet, but as soon as it leaves his posession, the light fades away and it becomes a normal gauntlet. The half-orc's face fills with horror.

"I-I don't know what happened, I swear! It must only work when I use it, I'm sorry! Don't kill me!"

By this time the half-orc had gotten up, and fled into the night. However, he dropped his belt pouch.
    Last edited by Manofmanychars; 2008-04-10 at 08:58 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Max

Since the fight is apparently over Max relaxes and half turns in his chair to look at the people who scared the bully away.

25. - Top - End - #25

Malark retrieves the belt pouch and searches it.

26. - Top - End - #26

Max

Nice going folks, it's always nice to see a bully get his comeuppance. I wonder if there is anything in what he said, about magic infusing items. Although... that might explain that galloping chair I saw earlier."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Still un-noticed in his dark corner, Corth put down his eating knife. His meal was interrupted. He wasn't happy. But, he did check off a few things in his own mind High Hedge. Thalyntyr. That was where he had to go.
    A small fight had broken out between an idiot Half-Orc and almost everyone else in the taproom. What was he thinking? Brandishing a magic item in front of everyone, not only that, but in front of people who could easily take him down.
    Corth edged closer to the man who had picked up the pouch to see if he could see what was in it. He also ticked off something else, something which could prove useful. The magic seems to be attuned to it's user. And what the user wants. That explains how my mask gave me exactly what I needed...
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2008-04-10 at 09:43 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

28. - Top - End - #28

[ooc] chessegear malark is a human just to let ya know.

29. - Top - End - #29

"Yes I saw the chair.Seems like this high hedge is worth looking into "

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by seekerofshadowl View Post
    Malark retrieves the belt pouch and searches it.
    You locate a Pearl of Power (you can tell it's filled with Dimension Door, and the command word is the spell name), and some notes, apparently made to assist the less-than-intelligent half-orc.

"Remember, camp is hidden twenty yards west of Thalantyr's home. It's invisible to others, so don't get too worried."

"Our first job will be robbing the rich man here in town. I've got all the info we know about him with me."

"In case you lose count, we have fifteen men."

"Destroy the note disclosing how many men we have, I was intoxicated at the time."
    Last edited by Manofmanychars; 2008-04-10 at 09:21 PM.