New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Forgotten Realms Game

Serene

"Train? ... with you?"

Serene isn't quite sure what to say, she's sure that training with such an experienced and powerful spellcaster would be good. Maybe it would be nice to experiment with her spells for a bit... get to know herself before training under a mentor.

She turns to George and then turns back to Elminster. "Well, this has been quite a day so far. I'd kind of like a chance to sit back and get acquainted with these new powers..." she thinks about it.

"But then again... a Chosen of Mystra? I'm sure that would really help us out... but isn't that a really exclusive sort of thing? It sounds like it carries alot of responsibilities and... eh, deity stuff."

She looks nervous all of a sudden, she was never exactly comfortable with going to temples. Though she would never say she disliked deities, she gets the feeling that attracting their attention might not be a healthy thing for her. The good deities might try to smite her while the evil ones would try using her as a pawn in some god-awful scheme for reasons that defy human understanding. Becoming a 'Chosen' of any deity sounds like walking right onto a chessboard without learning the rules.

"I wouldn't want to impose myself on a goddess. I'm sure she's wonderful and generous and... eh, godly. But, maybe we should take some time off and do something nice? Like... eh, teleport to a nice place in the countryside and make a castle? I think there's a spell in here that makes walls." she suddenly gets very interested in her book.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Max

Max looks at the archmage for a short time, still reeling from the power manifesting itself within him. After Serene has spoken he says,"I would be honoured to take you up on your offer Archmage. And I have no qualms about the price of the offer."

3. - Top - End - #303
    Halfling in the Playground

"Well, you've already paid, though it's true that I may have more jobs for you to take care of. And worry not about resting, you may have as long as you need. I can occupy myself with the Nether Scrolls until you are ready. And if you need a place to rest, allow me."

Elminster leans over next to Seren and quickly writes two spells into her spellbook. It is Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion, and Permanancy. He then hands her a small circle of black fabric. It's a portable hole.

"You'll see that these gifts have great synergy as far as rest is concerned. And worry not about supplies for you mansion, I've slightly altered the spell so that its larders will always be fully stocked. Now, if you'd like, we could head to my abode, where you can try out your new portable home. When you're ready, all you need to is step out of the portable mansion and find me in my study. Or, if you wish it, I could send you whereever you'd like."
    The above post is Vorpal, enjoy decapitation.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Seren

Seren thinks about it. "Yes... placing the portal to an extradimensional space inside a non-dimensional container would make it quite portable. But it seems a bit crude... I suppose if we were to use such a thing on a regular basis we should make it a bit more convenient to enter... like a door or a cabinet."

Pondering the problem, Seren quickly gets an inspiration.

"Wait a sec... I need wood and hinges."

She quickly looks around the room, grabbing up the wooden chairs they were tied to and having George pry off a door from the doorway by its hinges. Seeing a few random magical ingredients (along with a few appropriated from the defeated mages spell-component pouch) she places them in a pile along with the Portable Hole.

"Wood and metal, spell and smoke,
    shadowstuff and planks of oak.
    Matter of antiquity, take the form I grant to thee.

Mages mansion, bound in shade.
    Show us how new space is made.
    Weave into this small Armoire,
    magic, room, meals, rest and glory.
    "

With a few final sparks sizzling from her fingertips, Serene lowers her hands. A bit drained by the exersion of her will, she checks her handiwork.

A large wooden box with a double-doors serving as an entrance sits in the middle of the room. It looks vaguely like a cabinet or an outhouse, but more cumbersome than the first and more portable than the other. Though freshly made and reeking of magic, its wooden frame looks like its made of ground up wood chips glued together into cheap boards... probably because of its haphazard building material.

"Eh, doesn't look quite as magnificent on the outside as it should... I probably should have waited to get some adamantine or mithril... or even cheap iron would be more durable." she blushes, a bit embarrassed by the shoddy exterior. "Maybe I'll just paint it blue to cover that wood up. Yeah, blue makes everything look good." she nods.

The door creaks open to reveal a clean white interior, much more impressive inside inside than the outside would assume. First is a large circular room with e rune-covered pedestal and a large mirror mounted on the wall. To the side is a large doorway leading to a dining hall and several bedrooms, a kitchen, and as-yet empty rooms waiting to be filled.

((Okay, I thought it would be awesome to make something like this. If there are any objections to having a magical TARDIS in the game then I'll gladly pretend this post didn't happen. Note that it can't move or do much on its own, it only acts as storage space. Though the mirror can be used to look at the box's outside or be used as the focus for scrying spells. Using the pedistal as a focus for Teleport, Planeshift, Fly, or Wall spells allows the box to move or be protected. It needs a high-level spellcaster to operate and Seren only knows Teleport which I think has a chance for mishap... so if Seren flies it they might get teleported in weird places at the DMs whim until Seren can get another teleport prepared.

Though Elminster should be able to pilot it easily with Greater Teleport))
    Last edited by Randel; 2008-05-17 at 01:20 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't see how anyone could object to a TARDIS. Seriously. It's like objecting to a Warforged Paladin called 'Robo-Cob', or a Warforged Shifter template called 'Optimus'.

Corth remembered vaguely getting hit by the fireball. Everything hurt, and then everything went white. And then what seemed like a dream, Corth was in Baldur's Gate telling the Shade that the magic burst was caused by the mage Thalantyr. Corth tried to remember what happened next, he killed someone. Someone important. Corth felt pain in his head when he tried to remember who it had actually been.

Corth remembered praying to Mask. Why? He didn't know. Everything hurt He had trained for hours and hours learning where to strike in order to kill someone in an instant.

"What happened?" said Corth as he opened his eyes.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

6. - Top - End - #306
    Bugbear in the Playground

Max

"Things got a little hairy there for a while Corth. Luckily the Archmage made a timely appearance and managed to stop Edwin. He transferred the power from defeating him to us somehow. How are you feeling?"

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Corth gave Max a look "Like I was just set on fire." he said shrewdly. "My head hurts, and it kind of hurts to move. Give me a few seconds..." Corth groaned as he sat up and surveyed the area around him. He didn't stand up. Corth knew he'd probably pass out again if he tried that so soon.

Damn wizards. Corth decided he'd leave the details of his entirely too-vivid dream to himself. Maybe it was true? Near-death experiences did give you a special gift.

"Now I'm hungry." said Corth. Honestly too.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Seren

Seeing Corth in pain, Seren quickly gets her healing crossbow. "Here, let me help you out."

She takes aim and fires a few times, each time there is a momentary sting as the thin bolt of energy hits him and heals him. And a little of her own life energy is used to power the magic item.

*thunk!* *thunk!* *thunk!* *thunk!* *thunk!*

Heals: (5d4)[11]
    Seren takes 5 hp damage.

She takes the crossbow from her right hand and stretches her fingers to relieve a little of the tingling. "Hows that? Feel any better?"
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

Quinitich

Rubbing her temples with the thumb and forefinger of her free hand, she groans at the shock of the near intervention. Letting things catch up to her... or is it the other way around?... she finally makes up her mind about being angry or thankful. "So, sir... when is it we can get on with this training. It seems our abilities are hardly... up to the tasks you have planned for us, yes?"
    Characters [ Krad | Tinn ]