New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1

Default Paranoia: Obvious death is obvious

MISSION STATEMENT:
    You all have on some account got an envelope, like basic mail service where it's a big yellow envelope. You open it, and it gives you your mission orders with Freind Computer's offical stamp.

Dear troubleshooter,
    Congratulations! You've been selected to combat the scum of alpha complex and bring peace and prosperity to your sector!

Irate, level 1 prisoners have escaped Gamma prison cells and are believed to be heading toward Tension-12 Funball arena. We can only assume their plot is to destroy the arena, and deprive citizens of much deserved happyness and funtime!

Prevent them from entering untill reinforcements arrive.

Tension-12 Funball arena isn't particularly far, but it's kindof far for foot. You're going to have to find a way to get there, the envelope doesn't seem to contain a greymatter bus ticket, nor some other form of transportation. There are directions on the bottom of the letter where you can go if you have any questions. PLC sector 3GB. Which is relatively closer then then Tension-12, but still a long walk.

A convient new technology is that a new clone can matirealize with their gear relatively near where they designate it. You could theoretically set your clone to matirealize at Tension-12 by setting your PDC (think cellphone+GPS) there, then killing yourself.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Paranoia: Obvious death is obvious

A tall, well muscled man with short dark hair fiddles with his envelope, nearly tearing it in two before managing to peel off the sealing flap and empty the contents into an over-sized hand.

Z shakes open the letter with one hand, reading over it muttering.

Funball? (<-- I claim this color as my speech text! Edit - Changed to a lighter color)

Z folds the letter back up, opens up the envelope to look inside, shakes the envelope, looks inside again.

Hmmm...

Z stuffs the letter back inside the envelope, and returns inside his domicile, to access his PDC and do a little research.
    Last edited by Zrinfael; 2008-05-15 at 10:20 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Bloddy-R-COM looks at the letter/
    "Hmm, my duty as a troubleshooter tells me that I must complete this mission as efficientally as possible, however, to self-terminate would be a waste of friend computer's resources. I'll head to the PLC warehouse."
    Bloddy-R then makes sure his Registered Mutant armband is secure, checks his assault rifle, makes sure he has his copy of "Friend Computer's Fun Morale Building Activities: A guide for Happiness Officers", and his handy "Ten ways to identify a commie mutant traitor" card, and of course his PDC. Having ensured he has all these things, Bloddy-R begins walking towrds the PLC Sector 3GB.

(( A couple questions since your not using the standard paranoia rules. Security clearances are from 1-10, which is the highest and which is the lowest?
    Also, Friend Computer's Happy OOC Thread))
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-05-15 at 03:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

4. - Top - End - #4

Well 'nuff of this. Better git down to sector 3GB an' see what I can see.

Zrin sets his clone spawn point to Tension-12 just in case, switches his PDC to music mode and slides it into his Happy Health PDC carry pouch with elastic arm band! Pink frills included! placing that on his left arm and checking to be sure it fits snugly. He then takes a peel'nstick badge depicting a computer monitor with a giant eye, bold letters underneath read "Rejoice! Friend Computer is watching because he cares!" and carefully places that on the right sleeve of his jumpsuit at his bicep.

Zrin puts on his holster and checks his pistol, slides it in the holster and practices drawing, posing weapon at ready, and holstering the weapon in front of a mirror twice, making sure he looks acceptably cool while doing so. Z runs a hand through mussy hair, and brushes imaginary dust from his shoulders. Double checks his id, mission letter and envelope, and sets his PDC to play Friend Computer's Happy Health Exercise Music!

Z plugs in his headphones, places an earbud in his left ear, and sets off on a light jog to PLC sector 3GB.

5. - Top - End - #5

Sense you three were to first to reply you get to be the lucky ones to make your first die roll. I'm gonna' roll 3d20 for a luck check (luck is charisma based lol)

(3d20)[3][17][10](30)

6. - Top - End - #6

Counted wrong, doesn't matter.

Zrin notices in the sky a total n00b screaming at the top of his lungs on what appears to be a banshee. Though his clearance allows him to know what a banshee is and how to operate one, driving said banshee is highly treasonous, this is intended for level-8 and higher clearance only.

Waaaaagh!

As the banshee comes crashing down, in lands right infront of you, the driver ejects from the cockpit and looks dead. The banshee could hold about three people snug.

If you make an intelligence check, you can learn all about the banshee, and a dexterity check to manuever and drive the banshee. Noone seems to be around to witness your treason, though they'd first have to prove your clearance level wouldn't they? Surely a loyalty officer would do nothing treasonous!

7. - Top - End - #7

Bloddy-R-Com, you notice near you a local shopkeeper yelling and waving his fist at what appears to be a disruptive citizen stealing a a modem. He seems to run pretty fast, not mutant fast, just fast.

You can chase him by making a dexterity check.
    Last edited by HeroicSociopath; 2008-05-16 at 04:20 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

22-Eve(ul)-401-65ROE77-SLADE

22-Eve(ul)-401-65ROE77-SLADE, or "ERS" as her associates call her, wakes up with a groan. She scoops up the letter, reads it quickly, glances nervously toward the monitoring camera in her room, and then gets a big frightening smile on her face. "All Hail Friend Computer!" She cries at the joy of receiving her assignment. After grooming herself for the required twelve minutes, she leaves her 10x10 ft. sleeping quarters, straps a large bag that looks like it's purpose is to carry golf clubs across her shoulder, and lumbers clumsily out the door. On her way to PLC sector 3GB she stops to relieve herself at a restroom twenty minutes out of the way of her route.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by HeroicSociopath View Post
    Bloddy-R-Com, you notice near you a local shopkeeper yelling and waving his fist at what appears to be a disruptive citizen stealing a a modem. He seems to run pretty fast, not mutant fast, just fast.

You can chase him by making a dexterity check.
    BRC quickly checks his "Ten Ways To Identify a Commie Mutant Traitor" Card, and seeing #3 "Brazenly Violates Friend Computer's Edicts" decides to give chase, leveling his assault rifle as he does so.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

10. - Top - End - #10

Zrin surveys the crashed bird and shakes his head.

Such disrespectful misuse of Friend Computer's extremely valuable equipment. Leaving 'at on the street would simply be treasonous, I'd best be moving it to a more proper location.

Z moves in closer to the banshee, head up high, strolling in at a purposeful, but unhurried pace. Once at the cockpit Z pokes his head inside, furrowing his large brow at all the buttons and lights flashing in tandem. The strong baseline of his exercise music thudding loudly in his ear, Z sits down in the pilot's seat and tries to make heads or tails of the readouts and flashing gizzies.

To see if he can figure it out
    "Int Check" - (d20)[6]
    See if he's got enough common sense to not push random buttons if he can't
    "WisCheck" - (d20)[3]
    See how fast he flips the thing upside down and crashes should he actually get it off the ground
    "DexCheck" - (d20)[4]

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Zrinfael View Post
    To see if he can figure it out
    [roll0]
    See if he's got enough common sense to not push random buttons if he can't
    [roll1]
    See how fast he flips the thing upside down and crashes should he actually get it off the ground
    [roll2]
    That's pretty impressive. This clone shall live to see another roll!

Z grins as he closes the cockpit enclosure and powers up the engines, checking the fuel cells and vital temperatures.

Just like in the simulator, I can do this!

Zrin carefully nudges the bird off the ground and ascends above most of the nearby buildings, pointing the banshee in what, according to the system's compass and gps system is the direction of Tension-12's Funball Arena.

His grin widens as he zips along the skyline, wind in his hair, adrenaline surging through his veins. Z pulls up a defense system read out, checking over whatever weapons and defense mechanisms the banshee has installed, entertaining delusions of dogfighting grandeur. The grin vanishes quickly, however, when he realizes; at some point he's gunna have to try to land this thing...

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Murd-R-USS smiles pleasantly, but not to pleasantly, and took the envelope from his daily delivery lad. He thanked the lad, but not excessively, and opened up the envelope, but not to fast... just fast enough.

He studies the contents for a moment, but not long enough that he would have to hit himself for treasonously hesitating to perform the Computers requests. Friend Computer, he meant... yes.

He nodded and grabbed up his necessary equipment, slipped on a metallic gauntlet and began walking, but not running, and not to slowly, towards PLC sector 3GB. He simply nods hello, and smiles pleasantly to anyone he passes, but does not speak, nor seem to pleasant.

Signature by Sneak.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Colossus in the Playground

El-D-AN looks at the letter and smiles.
    "Marvelous.", is his first thought.
    "What a great opportunity given to me by friend computer."
    Packing his Longstaff, a notepad and a pen, he starts heading towards sector 3GB for further information, humming the "Fun is mandatory" hymn, while jogging down the corridors. Already he starts scribbling on his notepad.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2008-05-16 at 05:41 PM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Threep consults his desk console after reading his troubleshooting assignment. I must locate the nearest travel voucher depository posthaste! Troubleshooters with proper clearance need to obtain passage at official locations for most rapid transit to locations of unhappy incidents. Mr. Threep shoulders his shotgun and tucks his manual, Etiquette and Grooming for the Professional Citizen, into his jumpsuit's breast pocket and sets off for the nearest kiosk.
    Last edited by Ditto; 2008-05-16 at 07:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphyr View Post
    They don't actually love Gold, they only say that to get it into bed.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

15. - Top - End - #15

Devil

Raymond rises from his sleep-slab, brushes his teeth with regulation toothpaste and regulation brush, dresses in his best- and only- reguation Troubleshooter garb, and joyfully consumes his regulation B-Type meal (while enjoying a non-reguation cigarette even more). Finishing off his morning preparation, Ray opens his mail and takes in the information.

Excellent! Another chance to show my devotion to Friend Computer!

Dumping the letter in the incinerator-no need for a filthy Communist to read it-Ray grabs his PDC and slips it into his chest holster, where a weapon would usually go, and dials it to Friend Computer's Helpful Newsguide Channel.
    Exiting his domicile, Ray searches the streets for a suitable vehicle to commandeer.
    Last edited by Mephe; 2008-05-17 at 12:30 AM.
    "How should I live each tomorrow - like the first day or the last?
    With silence in the sunshine or music in the darkness..." -Awake (Bumblefoot)

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Bloddyredcommie View Post
    BRC quickly checks his "Ten Ways To Identify a Commie Mutant Traitor" Card, and seeing #3 "Brazenly Violates Friend Computer's Edicts" decides to give chase, leveling his assault rifle as he does so.
    He runs around the corner and as you chase him your in an ally way you havn't been before, and are confronted with about five citizens.
    (I'll PM you what happens untill I can figureout secret text)
    (1d20)[8]

17. - Top - End - #17

Raymond manages to find an unattended hoverboard.

Yep, like the one in back to the future. This is deffinitely clearance-valid transportation lol!
    Last edited by HeroicSociopath; 2008-05-17 at 04:48 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18

ERS emerges from the bathroom. It looks like she's been weeping. In fact, it looks like she may still be weeping.

She finds a nearby confessional stall and enters, sitting down before The Computer. "Friend Computer," she says timidly. "I believe I may be in need of your Happy Pills."

19. - Top - End - #19

Devil

Excellent, I should be able to reach sector 3GB on this. I haven't used one of these in quite a while, but it's like killing a Communist, right? You never forget.

Ray steps on the board and nudges the activator with his foot, rising about a foot and a half in the air, he shifts his weight forward to accelerate.

Spoiler
    Show

Dexterity Roll to stay balanced:
    (1d20)[6]
    "How should I live each tomorrow - like the first day or the last?
    With silence in the sunshine or music in the darkness..." -Awake (Bumblefoot)

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by EvilRoeSlade View Post
    ERS emerges from the bathroom. It looks like she's been weeping. In fact, it looks like she may still be weeping.

She finds a nearby confessional stall and enters, sitting down before The Computer. "Friend Computer," she says timidly. "I believe I may be in need of your Happy Pills."
    The moniter blips on and looks at her with her with the big eye and does a laser scan.

"Scanning...
    No signs of visiible mutation, citizen, what is the source of your depression?"

Ray manages to hover quite well, and whizzes right by the confessional.
    Last edited by HeroicSociopath; 2008-05-19 at 10:49 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

ERS blinks. "Really? I could have sworn this was the result of some commie traitor hiding in the shadows who zapped with some sort of weird psychic unhappiness beam. It seemed like the most plausible explanation for an otherwise loyal and happy citizen like myself to be put in this predicament. But... if we absolutely must rule that hypothesis out, then I'd say the most likely cause is that I was thinking about all the evil traitorous but ultimately misguided commies that can't enjoy the paradise that is Alpha Complex due to their own warped thoughts, and how I don't know how I'm going to stop the level 1 prisoners from destroying the funball arena since I can't get a lift there, even though I'm a troubleshooter and it's my job."

Charisma - (1d20)[9]

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Bloddy-R-COM leaves the Alleyway in a little red wagon, using his assault rifle to push himself along.
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-05-20 at 07:03 AM.
    [/Center]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Having secured authorization from the travel kiosk, Mr. Threep steps up to the nearby greymatter monowheel station and hops on the next conveyance headed toward Funball that passes by on its frequent and happily regular circuits around Alpha Complex. He carefully inspects his boots in transit, endeavoring to maintain a tiny-rock-wedged-between-treads -free boot situation in order to maximize the pedestrian utility of Friend Computer's graciously granted footpieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphyr View Post
    They don't actually love Gold, they only say that to get it into bed.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Murd-R-US continues walking until he arrives at his determines destination.

Signature by Sneak.