New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Pius Fidelus: Outer Plane

Ark 4.9

Tugboat, Tirus

Ark approaches Tirus if he sees him outside his room, greeting him with a smile.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings, Tirus. I have heard of you being a great tool master and architect. For one, I am curious in the ways you house people, and I believe it is something essential for the races eventually, for they cannot keep on moving from place to place without stopping. They need to stop to be able to think of other things. Let me suggest you this deal: I would teach your avatar of the care of pregnancies and the children, both unborn and born as well as birthing, and you would teach mine of basic architecture."

He pauses.

"Do not underestimate that skill." He smiles. "It is often what is needed to bridge the gap between the species and ourselves, and establish yourself as a loving figure among your followers."

((Basically in the skill range of your avatar, this would correspond to one point-one point exchange. With your avatar gaining (whenever you wish to spend an AP on it) Midwife: 1, and my avatar gaining Architect: 1.))

2. - Top - End - #332
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha

Sedha gladly accepts the cocoon from Tek. "I thank you for your assistance. I will leave in a while, after the powers of this object materialize. I will take you with me and introduce you to the Oque, as I have promised. If you ever need an artefact I am capable of creating, I will happily oblige."

((Leave at 5.1?))

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

Awlruts, 4.6

To anyone inside Awlruts central chamber it would appear as if the goddess were just staring into the pool of crystal that allowed her to view the world, apart from the fact that any of the gods could tell from the lack of an avatar that she was visiting the world. If again this hypothetical person stayed in her room long enough they would begin to see the faint outline of her avatar as it began to return from the world. Slowly gaining (or losing) form and substance as it returned, until it finally was all here (or not) and the Goddess had returned her gaze from the world of the dying.

Turning quickly to her avatar Awlruts began to examine the silk dress she had created for it, "No damage." she spoke with an obvious sigh of relief, "Thank the maker for small gifts." her mind thought. A grin crossed her face as this gave her yet another idea, but quickly dismissing it as an unnecessary risk. Turning to her marble Wall of Miracles she frowned at the lack of light from her newest creation, it must need yet more time she thought drearily. Turning her mind to the idea of creation but then remembering how drained she felt when she had invested the gem with the power of potential she moved her mind to a more suitable task.

"I suppose I could make the container for the power" her mind again thought, "I could make the structure for the power, then wait till the power of potential returns and then place it inside one of my premade vessels as I saw fit." with this final thought her mind turned to the task. Quickly she held her hand out towards a shield that sat on a nearby cushion, flying towards her at incredible speeds before stopping mere centimeters from her hand. The shields metal began to ripple as if made of water, taking on a round appearance and the sign of Awlruts (that of two iron triangles joining) appeared on the front. With satisfaction she placed the shield down, leaning it against her throne. She then proceeded to create the foundation for the artifacts, Amulets of Awlruts hanging them on a corner of her throne, The Rose Petals allowing them to flutter about her throne, and finally two red gems she would later fill with the power of miracles.

Pleased with her actions -which to a mortal would appear to have occurred in mere moments- she turned to her pool of crystal as she had been moments ago, “Wait.” She thought, “I wonder, I never tried to send myself across the wall between here and there. I wonder what would happen.” and then at once her maddened grin was back. Turning to her pool she turned her sight to a safe place a few hundred miles away from the Zygon, in the middle of the plains, then her central chamber changed, silk curtains gone, now instead stood heavy walls, all appearing to lead and focus the latent power she had towards her and the pool. Then with her crazed grin getting so much larger she forced her will to attempt a direct manifestation of herself, not her avatar, to the world across the wall.

Her mind stretching out and feeling the wall between worlds she began to gather her power, forming her mind into a spear of pure thought and power and ramming the barrier. Crashing into that dividing wall she found herself struggling, never making any headway, not even a dent. Turning her mind to the smallest point she could she forced her strength and will into breaking it. Even after all of this the wall stood solid, pulling her mind back from the wall, that infernal barrier. "Well that was a waste of time, good thing I'm immortal or that might bother me." She said with a laugh, looking back into her pool she looked down toward the Zygon, scrying the area finding anything before manifesting her avatar across the wall.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos

Ikeklos gazed at the writing, emotionless.
    "I understand, Order-Writer. I will remember what you have said. But, perhaps, the knowledge is merely waiting for the right person to seek it. I shall see."
    Ikeklos proceeds to tinker with the books. It takes them off the shelves, trying multiple books and multiple methods to extract the information within: Willing the knowledge to be there, sitting trance-like and writing, that the book may affect the writing without Ikeklos knowing how, and even just plain asking.

Regardless of success, Ikeklos only performs this action until Turn 4.5, at which point it slinks away from Ripik's room, feeling a little defeated, even if it was successful. Ikeklos retreated to its room.

Well, at least its avatar was looking better. Most of that chunk that had been torn off had returned. Ikeklos made a rough estimate of when it would be fully healed, but then turned to other work it had to do. It updated its lists, pleased to have more than itself in the "Truth-Bearers" column. The number of Wastrels grew disconcertingly, however. For a moment, despair crossed Ikeklos's icy mind.
    Ikeklos had a few more things to do, but couldn't bring itself to do them yet. It had too much need of some quiet. Ikeklos sat upon its throne, and stilled the air around it. The dim light in the room faded to nothing, and the room chilled even further. Ikeklos merely sat there, content with the nothing.

Turn 4.55
    Ikeklos exits its room, seeking Tumine. It believe that its avatar will soon be ready to venture forth once more, and wishes to accept its offer of travel to meet these Quax-Makers.
    Ikeklos either informs Tumine if it finds her in the central room, or attempts to knock at her door to contact her. If nothing works, Ikeklos seeks to choose the group Tumine mentioned, remembering something about being near a river...

5. - Top - End - #335

Tumine Barok, Turn 4.55

Iklekos sees Tumine in the central room, playing around with a jet of water issuing from her fingertip, carving swirls and patterns into the floor and walls.

She tells him that she is planning to go visit the Oque shortly, and will take him with her if he desires (at 4.6). They will use her portal, and she will ask that he manifest his avatar relatively small, as the Oque are skittish. She lets him know that she never appears there more than a meter tall.
    Last edited by Dr Bwaa; 2008-06-03 at 03:18 PM.
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

6. - Top - End - #336

Mandak, 4.09
    When Mandak returns from his experimentation, he spends a long while at the scrying pool. He looks over the lands of his Niddog followers, with the intention of finding a place for those who follow him to be centered. His eyes settle on a hillock in the forest, and he goes once more to visit them.
    Last edited by SithLackey; 2008-06-03 at 05:30 PM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos
    Ikeklos accepted Tumine's offer, but was somewhat confused by Tumine's request to make its avatar small... The thought had never crossed its mind that it could take up any less space than it had. It just... Filled up all the space it could. Strange. It wondered how the world would look small?

Ikeklos travels with Tumine to meet the Oque on 4.6.

8. - Top - End - #338

Mandak, 4.7

Upon returning from his pilgrimage to the Niddog, Mandak tirelessly begins work on a way to deal with the Niddog-slayer. He finds that the best way to do this would be to render it helpless, and sink it into the earth.
    (Research Soften Earth)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soften Earth
    This miracle causes a medium sized area of ground to become soft mud (slippery areas or sinkholes). (20ft area)

He also Knows that for the Niddog to further accept his teachings, they must be able to dig better and faster. As he thinks, he senses that a pair of small, motionless Niddog have appeared on the slab in the center of the room. When he thinks a little more, he Knows that he can make them move. Sensing an opportunity, Mandak liquefies the stone and crystal in one of the room's many nooks, and begins to experiment...

9. - Top - End - #339
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, Turn 4.8

Ikeklos returned from its visit to the Oque. But it had more important things on its mind. It felt that it had left its chosen people, the Water-Dwellers, alone too long. Although it trusted Sedha and Bile, it did not want to be away for so long. It was time to return to them, and at least perform a bit of a checkup.
    Ikeklos sought its Chosen people...

10. - Top - End - #340
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

(ACK SO MUCH WORK)

Arasylon

Turn 4.0

Arasylon left his sanctum in the outer plane to once again descend upon the Niddogg. He was always pleased to see their progress and overjoyed to play with the younglings. Once they discovered alcohol he would have little reason not to spend time with them.

11. - Top - End - #341

Tumine, Turn 4.99

Tumine walks into the central room, looking determinedly calm (that is, looking determined to be calm). She looks around for the one who called herself Awlruts. If she is not there, Tumine seeks her out, knocking thrice upon her door. If she is not answered, Tumine will instead look for Tek to exchange a few words.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

(sorry for all the interactions I have missed. Work prohibits me from being on a lot. If you approach Arasylon PM me so I don't miss it. Sorry.)

Arasylon

Turn 4.8

@Tek

"Anything that benefits the simple Niddogg pleases me greatly. They are gentle and worthy of our gifts. If you could tell me what it is you are teaching them I would gladly compose to aid in the instruction."

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Tek smiles a sharp teeth grin. “Excellent.”

Tek begins reciting rhythms that he composed. They are short and simple and seem to include everything from basic survival tips, to tricks on making fires and building walls. It seems that Tek was organizing all knowledge he and other Immortals taught the Niddog.

(OCC - Whoops, missed your post.)

Tumine Barok

Tek returned from Zygon at 4.55 and was plotting in his room, when Tumine ringed the bell at his door. Tek led the visitor to the central marble plate in his dark room, offered a seat and prepared to listen.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2008-06-04 at 02:04 AM.

14. - Top - End - #344

Kranolk: Turn 4.4

After living with the Zygon, Kranolk returns to his room. He needs to make himself a new cloak; it was worth giving his first to the Zygon as a show of good faith, but he does need one to hunt. He prowls his room, searching for an animal whose hide he can use, and soon stumbles upon a beast of the sort that he first made his cloak out of. He skins it with his knives, and turns the hide to leather with a touch. Then he goes through the same process he had with his first hide, coloring it with all the colors of the wild and then letting it cure for a while before returning to the Inner Plane.

Spoiler
    Show
    Making a new Hide of Hiding
    Last edited by Don Beegles; 2008-06-04 at 10:26 AM.
    Cardinal Ximinez by Mephibosheth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui
    And yes, that is pretty much exactly what she meant. Don Beegles FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

15. - Top - End - #345

Ark 4.8

As Ark's attention from the scrying pool dissipates, he decides to first focus on an existing miracle before researching a new one, to upgrade it. Finding it, he reminds himself of the necessary seals, and once he remembers it fully, he channels power from his room into himself, thinking of anything that would provoke lust and the desire to breed from it.

He finally open his eyes, having acquired the necessary knowledge. And spending time manifesting the idea in his mind before going outside to look for Tirus.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Arasylon

Turn 4.4

Arasylon returned from his visit to the Niddogg pleased with their advances. The younglings were getting better at singing all the time. His interactions with them were always entertaining. He mused over what he had learned and found the Niddogg had few problems. Arasylon started work on creating a new miracle to demonstrate to them for pleasure since there were few wrongs to right.

Turn 4.8

@Tek

Arasylon conjured pen and paper from the air and started writing the mnemonics Tek gave him. "I will have tunes composed for these as soon as I can. Thank you for devising them."

Arasylon pulled a mug of ale and a tobacco pipe from the air and materialized a chair by the table in the central room. He sat down to drink, smoke and compose but kept a weather eye out for MANDAK, whom Music-Bringer had had good news of.

17. - Top - End - #347

Tumine, turn 4.99

Tek
    In Tek's room, Tumine asks first if he has heard about the goings-on with the Karksh, and explains the situation if he hasn't. Right, just read the Karksh thread.
    Especially with this turn of events, it is becoming increasingly obvious to me that they desperately require a way to see Immortals, to recognize us by more than our voices. However, I don't know the first way to go about it. I could teach them more about sensing water vibrations, but that hardly helps them distinguish one immortal from another, when we can change appearance at will. I was wondering if you could help.
    Last edited by Dr Bwaa; 2008-06-04 at 03:50 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #348

Awlruts, 4.9

Bringing herself back from the across the barrier, her time spent with the Karksh and the Zygon well spent if she did say so herself. Which she does, often. Finally back to her home she began the preperation for a change of creation. Placing one hand on the red gem embeded in her marble slab and another on the Aspis of Faith, acting as a conduit as archs of pure chaotic potential flowed through her. The bliss of all that potential, all the change, it was almost enough to make you go, insane.

19. - Top - End - #349

Kranolk: Turn 4.7-4.8

Kranolk appears in the main room, flustered and completely bewildered. While he had been napping, clearly someone had hurt the Karksh severely. He goes to Iklekos's room and knocks on the wall outside. "I gather that many of the Karksh worship you. Something just happened to make them very, very angry, at all the Gods. Do you know anything about it, and how we can solve the problem before the Karksh do something foolish and goad one of the more unruly Immortals into rage." He shuffles from foot to foot awkwardly. "I know that we are part of different groups, but this is one place where spreading the Truth and protection them from us are the same thing."
    Cardinal Ximinez by Mephibosheth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui
    And yes, that is pretty much exactly what she meant. Don Beegles FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

20. - Top - End - #350
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Arasylon

Turn 4.9

Arasylon returned to his private tavern and sat at the bar. He drew himself an ale from the casks behind the bar and put the finishing touches on the teaching songs he devised for Tek. He would have them completed soon and would give them to Tek as soon as they met next.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Pixie in the Playground

After the festeval:
    Tirus begins work on the artifact for the sume.

Turn 4.7
    Tirus is scrying on the races.

Turn 4.9

Tirus enters the outer plane room looking for Arasylon thats when Tirus runs into Ark and talks with him for a while.

Arasylon:
    ((If Tirus sees Arasylon in the outer plane lobby.))
    Tirus moves in his chair over to Arasylon and with an interested look “ well Arasylon would you like to play that game that you wanted to? I don't know about you but ive been real busy. I thought it might be good to relax. So do you have any good Ideas for a game?”

Tek:
    if Tirus sees Tek in the outer plane he gives him the magnifying glass that he crafted. “ this was an interesting piece for me to make. What plains do you have for it?”

Magnifying glass:
    Spoiler
    Show

this item has a metal ring with a crude image of Tirus carved into the side of the metal. The metal ring can be held in the users palm. In the middle there is a domed piece of obsidian that when looked through, the object that is being looked at seems to increase in size allowing the user to examine very small detail with great ease. The glass can only magnify up to a x20 magnification.
    Between work and a twinkie the twinkie always wins. So have a twinkie.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Dwarf in the Playground

Upon returning from the Karksh, Sedha looks around her void of a room. Perhaps there was something that she could do to help prevent the Karksh from having their friends taken away from them without even seeing what happened. There had to be something in her power that could grant them knowledge of the immortals they saw. She looked at the gown she wore, and then at Tek's cocoon. Of course Thought Sedha. She concentrated on the darkness in front of her, and it roiled and began to form itself into the Shadow Eye.

Edit: After forming the Eye, Sedha knocks on Krixal's door, and if she finds him, makes a proposition:

"Krixal, I know that you and I never really talked. However, might I propose an arrangement that might be beneficial to the both of us? I have been teaching the Niddog's how to heal themselves. I don't know if you have interacted with them yet, but if you have, I would assume that you wish to teach them about cooking.

"I have recently taught a small band of them how to get rid of intestinal parasites through eating poison, however, I would prefer if they could simply cook their food instead. Unfortunately, I don't know much about that sort of thing. If you teach the Niddogs I have met how to cook, and I am sure that they will be receptive to what you have to offer. If you have been guiding a group, perhaps I could teach some of yours, if you so desire, some of the more practical uses of fire and cooking in exchange?
    "
    Last edited by pseudovere; 2008-06-05 at 01:21 AM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, Turn 5.0

Ikeklos rematerializes in its room, to find that something is... Amiss.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There was... power here. But not the power it was used to. But the room was teeming with it.
    And then it hit it. The voices. The desires. The wishes. They had been a steady treble, but now they were obvious. But, in those minds, there was... power. It could feel it. It knew that there was so much more it was capable of now. And, with that knowledge, a missing link in its chain of thought was forged.
    It now understood. It had known before, everything relies on another thing. But it hadn't occurred to it that this place, this home of the deities, was reliant on those magnificent creatures. Now, it all made sense. They were concepts made manifest... Concepts that these creatures already had, but had no words for. This whole place was just an extrapolation of their scattered belief. And now... They had.
    Then, it saw it. It was... like a lump of clay, but translucent: It looked much like the bones of its avatar, but without shape.
    Ikeklos knew what it was. Ikeklos knew what it wanted. Ikeklos set about its task.

Its task completed, Ikeklos rested the little figure upon a pedestal opposite the other one. He had turned out rather well, in its opinion. It had used all it knew about organisms to replicate him properly... It wondered if that would affect anything.

Other things on its mind, Ikeklos looked at the adornments upon Ikeklos. It wondered...
    With a little bit of will, the claws came off of Ikeklos... From here, they looked more like clawed gauntlets than anything else. Ikeklos pondered about their nature and purpose... and then realized that they could, perhaps, be improved upon... by placing tiny barbs on it, it could increase the grip and hold of the weapon significantly. Once again, the blowing gale set about its delicate work, making the clinging ice...

24. - Top - End - #354
    Halfling in the Playground

Krixal 5.0

Krixal arrives back on the outer plane, just returning from the great festival.

Wondeful! Wasn't that just the most fun we've had?

He hears Sedha knocking on his door and let's her in.

Of course I would love to teach the Niddog from your group to cook their food, actually I have just made a breakthrough with some of the Niddog I have visited. Apparently they have a sweet tooth!

Krixal explains his interactions with the Niddog, check out the thread for full details, but here's the summary: He's taught them how to make fire, how to control it so it doesn't burn down any forests or nasty stuff like that, various uses for it, including keeping warm, light, keeping away beasts, cooking, and smoking smoke-vine.

The smoke-vine really is a wonderful plant! Not only does it induce a sense of happiness and well-being when the smoke is inhaled, but I recently discovered that if you cook it, it is incredibly sweet, and flavors meat to an extreme. Also, when cooked like this, the effects on the mind are very much enhanced!
    Awesome avatar by kpenguin!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, Turn 5.1

There. All completed, all ready... and now, it was time to start what it had promised.

Ikeklos realizes that it may be away for quite some time. Staring at its door, it has a brief burst of inspiration. It walks over and puts a hand on the door.

Outside, letters shift into being on Ikeklos' sealed door. They shift and squirm, before settling into a clear message:

IKEKLOS IS OUT AT THE MOMENT.
    PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE AND IT WILL
    GET BACK TO YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

Below it, a small rectangle forms, where the ice softens somewhat. A icicle grows next to it, easily detachable.

Now, with that out of the way, Ikeklos replaces the claws on Ikeklos.
    It had promised to protect. It would do its damnedest.
    And, with that, it begins to manifest...

26. - Top - End - #356

Awlruts, 5.0

Finishing the creation of the Aspis of Faith she noticed the chaos took place immediatly, the power bound as soon as she had finished. Impressed by this her mind wandered, thinking about the Zygon, the Karlsh, and now for the first time for a while the Sume. Turning her mind to the chaos of her own mind and forcing the stuff of potential to form plans and aspirations, the plans that formed out of the chaos were quickly accepted and then acted upon.

Turning to her door she began movement, her mind still for the moment, and in that moment her mind was asailed with words, of talking, and of power! These voices, many Zygon voices were in her mind, talking, asking, praying. "What! Get out of my head!" She screamed, slowly the words grew silent, still at the back of her mind she could feel, but other wise silent. "What was that?!" Her mind racing now searching for answers, the prayer, and then the surge of power. They were praying, asking for strength, and so on. While they asked, she grew more powerful, already she could feel her power to lash power and substance to objects had grown, she could now upgrade them, make them better.

Holding her spear in he hand she began the first of many new works, the first of many new threads in the masterpiece that was her divine will. As she began to pour more power into the spear forcing it into the new structure that she created in the spear. "Strange, I could've sworn that this much power could have been contained here before." Bemused but not worried she continued her, finally finishing lashing a new ability to her spear.

OOC: Upgraded with Changeling (Longspear)

Awlruts, 5.1

Now finished with this creation she turned to her marble slab, new thoughts, ideas of miracles had form, and she knew -as instinctive as a mothers love for her child- that she could lash more power into her gems. Creating new gems that quickly apeared, as if floating to the top of the marble each with gold words that apear much the same. Stretching out her hand for a moment as her mind created that which was needed. A letter, the contents hidden from all but it's intended reader she quickly willed it to Ark before she turned to her scrying pool and back to these tasting nodules of power.

OOC: I've sent Frenchie a PM with the contents of the letter and a bettet description.

27. - Top - End - #357

Tumine, turn 5.0

Tumine, after leaving Tek's room, looks briefly around the main chamber for anyone unfamiliar. Not seeing anyone (I don't think), she asks Falenra and Ripik who lives in those new doors. Assuming she receives an answer that one of them is named Awlruts, as she suspects, he fears are confirmed (partially), and she asks if Falenra and Ripik have talked to her in any depth, what their impressions are of her, and whether they know what her plans are.

Unless she finds information that would change her mind, she will then go to her room and begin work on something to defend herself, should a fight arise. She pulls water from the stream and wraps it around herself, focusing on it, asking it to harden around her, to become permanent. When she feels it is time, she removes it from her body, and it becomes a simple, deep blue cloth. Going back to her scying pool, she then focuses back on the Karksh, then the Oque, then Zygon.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tirus

Tek accepts the Glass from Tirus and answers: "Why, science of course! I would use this artifact to learn more about physical qualities of this world’s inhabitants."

Turn 5.0

Tek plans to visit Karksh, Oque and Zygon.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha 5.0

Sedha was impressed by Karksh's work. "Very well, if you would wish it, you could either materialize either among my group, you could lead a small band of your group to mine, or I could lead a small group to yours. I should be fine with any time you choose, although it shouldn't be too soon." (Sedha is going to visit the Oque in turn 5.1, and the Karksh near 5.8, but in the middle of the turn, she's free to do so.)

She then tried to find Tek. "Tek. Your cocoon seems to have fully materialized. I am going to visit the Oque very soon, and I consider the matter very urgent. While I will only visit the Oque regardless of whether you come or not, I will give you all the credit you deserve when I give it to them, and if you are not able to come at that time, merely tell me when you wish to visit, and I will introduce you."

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Well, you can’t give me all the credit. You saw an opportunity and seized it. I wouldn’t have done anything, without your request. I shall visit Oque later, perhaps our paths would cross then.