New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Fears of Pegasus Manor-game thread-Night 1

The housecat of course has secured itself a position in the master bedroom.
    *runs off and hides*

My One And Only Trophy

2. - Top - End - #122

((Blaster computer, crashing just as I'd finished writing this...making me redo the whole thing.))

Finding the door to the basement, the priest places his hand on the brass knob and turns. It doesn’t budge. Twisting it a second time, he puts his back into it, pulling with all his might, and the ancient door swings ponderously open, moaning like a soul in distress. Just as he gets it far enough open to squeeze through, the resistance vanishes, as if whatever ethereal force had been opposing him released its grip, and the door swings open and crashes into the wall with a *THUD* that elicits startled cries from the crowd.

As he steps onto the stairs down, his arm reaches instinctively towards the light switch and flicks it: nothing. He tries again: *flip, flip*; still just darkness. His torch is his last resort, *click*, and shadows swarm around him. Every step down sends them twisting and cavorting, growing longer and leaner, flying in and out, swarming overhead and darting underfoot. His hands shake from the piercing draft blowing under his skin and between the joints of his frame. They shake from the weight of his diminishing youth, and the chill pang of his anxiety. The wood underfoot is old and damp; each step slow and cautious for fear of a rotten board. His movements are jerking and ungainly, like a marionette on the string of a fitful child.

As he reaches the bottom, he casts his torch about, sending the feeble beam to sink deep into the blackness, rendering the shapes of the basement grey and half-formed illusions. While slightly less frigid than the unnatural cold above, the air still holds a moist chill, and the sound of dripping echoes about, seeming to come from every direction at once. *drip, drip* In one direction, the passageway extends down into a cellar filled with racks of wine bottles, *drip*, and in another, the wall curves round past the stairwell and under the main part of the house. *drip* Walking cautiously towards the wine cellar, he gasps in amazement as his torch shows the rows of bottles receding into the farthest corners of the darkness, seemingly without end. *drip*

This must surely be some kind of illusion...can the passageways under the mansion really extend this far? I could explore these all night and not find any end to them...and anyone lurking here could remain forever undetected...

*drip* The priest turns back towards the stairs, his light seeming to catch a glimpse of some movement between the bottles as he does. He twists backwards, shining his torch back and forth, the light reflecting off the smoked glass and illuminating a host of shadows dancing wildly, like crazed dervishes, between the stacks. *drip* He gazes into the emptiness, feeling as if he is standing on the edge of a precipice, trying to keep his balance lest he lose himself and plummet forever downwards. The space down here seems larger than it has any right to be, the walls receding into the distance until there is only him, left standing adrift and alone in a sea all too eager to swallow him whole. As his hand twitches, something again stirs on the edge of his vision, drifting like a whisper through the shadows. Something real, or only his imagination?

“Hello...?”

*drip, drip*

3. - Top - End - #123

Garden for me.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll take the servant's quarters, and everyone is free to berate me for being late and missing the thread.
    Last edited by Nychta; 2008-06-05 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Forgot to blue-ify text
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

5. - Top - End - #125

((Masters Bedroom, don't really have time for RP right now.))

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Halden heads into the Kitchen, looking around him and his new companions with keen interest. He takes out his dictaphone and flicks the switch.

"Night 1. I have allied myself with several other stout gentlemen, and have made it to the kitchen of this accursed manor. While there have been no direct threats to myself, two others have already fallen to this grotesque building, and more must surely follow. I shall be on my guard, and will begin my investigations properly tomorrow."

((if the kitchen is too full, Halden will sigh and retire to the garden to investigate the strange angel statues dotted around the overgrown lawns....yes this is a reference to you Mr Mordokai ))
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2008-06-05 at 04:43 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

(( And a update from your local player :
    Garden 5/5 Full
    Spoiler
    Show
    Atreyu the Masked Llama
    Hap_Hazard
    Zar Peter
    Freshmeat
    Murska

Servant's Quarters 3/5
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reinholdt
    The_Rogue_Monk
    Xnadia

Master Bedroom 5/5 Full
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Fullbladder
    Uncle Festy
    Mordokai
    Ranna
    Shadowcaller

Kitchen 6/5 One to many?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Griever
    The Phantom
    Alarra
    LordOfTheDucks
    Fujin Akari
    Dallas-Dakota

Basement 3/5
    Spoiler
    Show
    GAThraawn
    Aemoh
    WrstDmEvr

May I note that IC I was on the expedition to the kitchen. And thus one of the first there... If that helps my case any...Well We´l see if anybody leaves the kitchen or what Doseki will do..))
    ))
    V and VV : Edited it.
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2008-06-05 at 06:46 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

((Basement for me. Sorry for no RP, I've got a lot of stuff on my hands right now))
    I apologize for the quality of the above post.

9. - Top - End - #129

(The forums were acting wonky last night, so I went to bed instead of trying to RP after a "You need sleep" exhaustion headache had formed. Ah well, I was really trying. For some minor backstory, read the pre-game RP thread.)

*The llama meandered around the house, still confused as to what was keeping its handlers. They should have followed him into the house, after all, they were the ones who were supposed to be taking pictures with this ghost catching camera. He'd just went inside a bit earlier than them because he was tired of carrying their stuff. He'd heard voices of other guests, but wasn't sure he wanted to meet them yet; talking llamas kinda freak people out and this house seemed spooky enough.

Maybe tomorrow he'd introduce himself, for now, he'd spent all day trying to find his handlers and he was tired, so he meandered to the garden area to get some sleep.*
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

(( Garden here. ))

EDIT:
    Sighing, with a small grin, Michael moved the white, queenside pawn forward two squares before turning at the behest of his stomach, and hurrying towards the kitchen which Eric Halden had pointed out.
    ((Next time Michael enters the room, he shall see that a black horse has moved from G8 to F6.))
    Last edited by Murska; 2008-06-05 at 06:33 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

(( I just checked the player list
    There are somewhere around 38 alive players. Max room for 5 per room, that makes 25, so or there will be crowded rooms or some people are sleeping outside of the rooms.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Firbolg in the Playground

(37 players total. De had to drop [by the way, if anyone has any well-wishes or whatnot for her, let me know and the next time she calls I'll convey them for you], and D_Lord was lynched. 35)

(Sorry, Dallas, but I had to be fair in opening up room choices, so I'm afraid you'll have to choose another room. Thank you for keeping up on the room selection though.)

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    (37 players total. De had to drop [by the way, if anyone has any well-wishes or whatnot for her, let me know and the next time she calls I'll convey them for you], and D_Lord was lynched. 35)

(Sorry, Dallas, but I had to be fair in opening up room choices, so I'm afraid you'll have to choose another room. Thank you for keeping up on the room selection though.)

While this is most definitely true, there are still only 25 spots open for resting this evening.

I guess I'm going to be pacing the hallways

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

14. - Top - End - #134

While this is most definitely true, there are still only 25 spots open for resting this evening.

I guess I'm going to be pacing the hallways

This is why I majored in English and not math...numbers are not my friend.

POOF! The kitchen miraculously doubles in size and now holds 10!

For the intrepid, the Main Room holds room for 5, if you think you can stand sleeping that close to the accursed door...

Garden: Full
    Spoiler
    Show
    Atreyu the Masked Llama
    Hap_Hazard
    Zar Peter
    Freshmeat
    Murska

Servant's Quarters: 4/5
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reinholdt
    The_Rogue_Monk
    Xnadia
    Mordokai

Master Bedroom: 4/5
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Fullbladder
    Uncle Festy
    Ranna
    Shadowcaller

Kitchen: 8/10
    Spoiler
    Show
    Griever
    The Phantom
    Alarra
    LordOfTheDucks
    Fujin Akari
    Dallas-Dakota
    banjo1985
    DemonicAngel

Basement: Full
    Spoiler
    Show
    GAThraawn
    Aemoh
    WrstDmEvr
    Zombie Pixe
    Malmagor Andrigal

Main Room: 2/5
    Spoiler
    Show
    Emperor Demonking
    Saint Nil
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2008-06-05 at 03:05 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135

11 hours left in the night: still missing 3 PMs.

This is getting interesting...

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Lying awake Cook gets several ideas, as he(and I) usually get ideas in the night.
    He sees Halden lying awake to.
    He walks silently over to Halden and says
    I think it would be wise to make a body count and check how much food we have, we don't want to starve to death here, so we can ration properly and then we can also better count if somebody went missing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

17. - Top - End - #137

"I shall accompany you to the kitchen.. I feel a slight hunger myself" he smiles as they walk in the ruined and dark rooms... almost nothing penetrates the darkness... the shadows are consumed by the darkness, lying on all things... he could almost feel the dark falling upon him, its weight heavy on his back... and then, it all lit up... a log in the small fireplace was in flames... the candles were lit, but there was anther glow.. a green-blue glow, coming from under the door which the voice said people should be sent... Taylor was terrified... but he was also full of awe...
    "It's beautiful... and horrible. This place is full of fear and wonder. It reminds me of the great horror tales my father used to tell me... that was so long ago... this place is a nightmare. Once, I am sure, this was a great manor.. now it is but a shadow.. but in the shadows, the light glows brighter. the darkest moment is always just before the dawn. I am sure, we will survive this horrid place. now, my lady, we should make haste to the kitchen.. I believe the lights will go out soon enough."

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Main room I pick the

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

As Marian's chilling scream can be heard all over the Manor, Julian's blood freezes in his veins. Not because of the scream itself, as horrible as it may have been. No, he knows this voice. He knows the person behind the voice. He knows she intended to come here... and now he is afraid she really did came. This couldn't be the worse time to play hero, but Marian was idealist and she believed she can change the world with her actions. Few days back, Julian would just laught at that. Now however, laught was the last thing on his mind. Over the last two days he got to know Marian and damned if the girl didn't grow on him, in more than one way. There was no denying to this. As much as Julian didn't want to admit it to himself, but he saw her more as a friend now than just as a target to get in bed with. As much as these feeling were new to him, he also liked them. He liked Marian. And he didn'w want to see anything bad happening to her. Which would be hard enought to achieve if she would be near him let alone if she would be far away from him. No, he needed to find her soon. Looking at Casey, he says to her:

"Feel free to join me, I wouldn't like to loose you from my sight."

With that, he sets after the source of the scream. Various thoughts fly through his mind eye while doing this. Their last night spent together, the way she nurtured him to health after the beating he received, her eyes filled with tears at his wounds... And he never said so much as thank you. And now, just imagining that she might be in danger made his stomach crawl. He couldn't really imagine what he would do if something happened to her.

The answer to that soon became obvious enought. Turning around the corner, he sees Marian lying on the floor, motionless. The world seems to come to a halt, as he stands there, watching at her, expression of inhuman horror on her face, marring her otherwise beautiful and cheerful face. He wants to scream, but he can't. He wants to run to her, pick her up and starts shaking her, waking her up in this fashion... but he can't even move from his spot.

"No... No, this cannot be. Not her!"

Without realising, tears start flowing down his cheek, as his knees give way and he slowly slinks to the ground. Sorrow, mixed with anger, he thinks:

Where is your God now Marian? He couldn't protect even you. You, of all the people in here, who would perhaps deserve protection more than anybody other.

((Since I can't think of good way to do it IC, I'll do it OOC. I'm moving my ass into the Servant's Quarters, since there is no more room in Master Bedroom for SLL anymore and Julian wants to stay near Casey at all costs And I still say if she will choose another location, Julian will follow her.))
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

Post Re: The Fears of Pegasus Manor-game thread-Night 1

((oooops, didnt see this thread up I take the Basement))
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

21. - Top - End - #141

Benjamin turns to Julian. "You know her? Can you help me get her into a real bed? She looks torn up."

He looks back in the direction of the screams, "And let's hurry, I don't like the thought of staying out here in the open much longer."
    silver

22. - Top - End - #142

xNadia, Freshmeat, Zombie Pixe: I'm going to count your choosing a room as a point for the purposes of autolynch. Basically it'll cancel out that you missed the first day.

This'll be the only time I do this, but I just hate seeing autos in the first 2 days.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

Post Re: The Fears of Pegasus Manor-game thread-Night 1

Thanks Christo, I was wating for you to post in the recrutment thread

It shouldn't happen again
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing Benjamin and Julian come in dragging Casey in between them, Bryan stands up. Casey seems to be near hysterics and Julian doesn't look like he's doing much better. "Maybe they knew that Mr. Mevan fellow," he thinks. Gesturing at the bed, "Have her take my bed. It's already made and comfortable."

"I doubt I'd be able to sleep in it anyway. I just wish there was something important I could do to help them."

"Shouldn't you be more worried about yourself? You'll probably end up where they are or worse soon enough."

"It doesn't mean I can ignore their suffering."

Talman stands for a while before pulling out some Kleenex he keeps in his backpack for allergies or unexpected colds. "Here," he says, handing some to Casey and some to Julian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Still at shoch from seeing Marian the way she is, Julian isn't quite sure how he found himself in servant's quarters. He half drags Casey there and is half dragged there himself, not knowing what to say or do to stop this. If he wanted to anyway. And if he had strenght to do so. As Bryan offers his bed to Casey he nods to him in sign of gratitude and puts Casey down on bed, sitting next to her, not sure if he even wants to move away. When Brryan offers them Kleenex, hu just shakes his head.

"Thanks, but we'll be fine."

((Post to be deleted if it will cause inconsistency in roleplaying. We don't want any black holes because of paradoxes, right? ))
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

26. - Top - End - #146

"I'm gonna rustle us something to eat from the kitchen, you stay here." He directs this last bit at Julian, adding emphasis by putting his hand on Julian's shoulder. "It'll work out, alright?. M'sorry about your friend." He tosses the pack of smokes and lighter onto one of the other beds. "Try one of those out, they might help with your nerves—they always do with mine. I'll be right back with some food."

Benjamin walks through the dark halls into the kitchen, his torch aimed in front of him to ward off the blanketing darkness. He glances around nervously at every creak and unexplained noise that the house makes. "Jesus, I don't like this building." He picks up his pace as he remembers those horrible screams that had so devastated Julian and soon arrives in the kitchen.
    He swiftly navigates his way through the group of people already there, with mumbled apologies for interrupting their rest, and makes his way to a cupboard where he selects a single box of crackers that looks edible before returning to the dark hallways. "That kitchen doesn't have food for 40 people, but we'll have to wait until morning to talk about that. There's no point in upsetting anyone more."

The way back to the servants' quarters is less disconcerting for Benjamin than the walk there; occupied with thoughts of food and keeping the rest of the prisoners safe, he barely notices the shadows and noises that earlier had filled him with dread. And, much sooner than he had expected, he arrives back in the room. "This was all I could find in the dark, but it might help you survive until the morning." He hands the crackers to Bryan to start passing around the small group.
    silver

27. - Top - End - #147

an old hobo dressed in rags makes his way to the basement

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

28. - Top - End - #148

"Ow, someone stepped on my face. Eric sits up. "Wow, this place is getting petty full. Well, back to bed" Eric lies back down, and quickly falls back asleep.

29. - Top - End - #149

Hooray, I din't miss the room choice. I go to the main room

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

30. - Top - End - #150

The magician sits down on a bed. Absentmindedly scratching the cat behind the ears, he turns to Shadowcaller. "So I guess we're trapped here, huh?"
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.