New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Default Re: City of Neonates

Still working through the wealth of information in the briefcases George listens as there is conflict and disagreement among the ranks and he was about to say something when the prince spoke up. (OOC: Honesty I was just to slow to get my bits in, because I'm still out of town)

As the others announce what they are going to do after the prince leave, George adds in his two bits. “I plan to infiltrate the city’s infrastructure and see what if any influence the Sabbat has there and gain my own influence. Media, Mayor office, police, and all the others. It is a large task and so I would welcome the help of other that have an interest in this area,” Seeing the tempers just displayed his amends his statement, “or if you prefer I offer my help to anyone who has chosen a task in this area.”

“As for physical confrontations, historically speaking the Camarilla loses those with the Sabbat. In anything close to a ‘fair’ physical fight the smart money favors them over us. No offence meant to our more physically inclined members, but it has more to do with the groups focus then anything else.”

“That being said neither group is included to fight fair. The Sabbat uses gangs, and packs fighting with odds of 5 to 1 or 10 to 1. In order for us to have a winning chance we have to flip those numbers. That means hit and runs, and fostering internal conflict within them. And most importantly is keeping them in the dark that we are here and working against them for as long as we can.”

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Okay, a bunch of people have asked me for specific info on some things. I need to play a bit of check-up. Unfortunately, my connection is being slow tonight so I have copy and pasted the whole thread into a word document and will write up what I need to. I will then post in the morning when the server is not as busy.
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

3. - Top - End - #63

Iuliana

Looking at Clark, Iuliana smiled and stood from her chair. She stretched, baring her fangs innocently, and walked behind his chair. She leaned down over him, sliding her hands onto his shoulders and spoke near his ear. "If you are going to club, I am to be coming along, yes? Afterall, it is my element. And after a meeting like this, I think all can use drink."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Harold

Harold rolls his eyes "Kindred and their clubs. You wouldn't be so excited if you looked like you'd been thrice run over by a street sweeper. Is there maybe something else about the club that can't be determined by walking in the front door? That's what I'm good with. I could find a window, or pick a lock or something. Find my way into the manager's office. I dunno."

He shrugs and sinks back into the chair, actually seeming quite sullen and bitter about not being the right type of character to be checking out a club scene.
    "If you're going to look to me you'd better get rose colored shades, cause what you see is what you get."

5. - Top - End - #65

George

Still thinking he realizes he has a few more questions, "I am thinking that it might be unwise to feed in Happenburg. Maybe I am being overly cautious, but it raises the question where we can safely feed without with out risking detection by the Sabbat or voilating someones domain here." He knows that was more a question for the Prince be he had already left so he turns to Archon Walters and Damarys.

"Also I realize that creating ghouls can be a very touchy subject. However they can be very useful in the right places. Happensburg doesn't currently have anyone to dictate rules or standards, so are there any instructions or requirements we should be aware of. Besides the standard protect the Masquerade?"
    This was more for the Archon

6. - Top - End - #66

Erik

Listening to the conversation, not sure how or where to respond after being point out and called out by the Prince. Erik very softly speaks towards Harold "Don't feel to bad, I am not really allowed to enter clubs either, even though I am older than most here, and most that normally visit them. Erik let's out a small huff and slumps in his chair again.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sarah

"Harold, I'm not saying there won't be things to find by sneaking in. I honestly don't know, but be careful about stepping on toes there. In case you missed it, that bar is owned by Prince Belegos. You don't want to go getting on his bad side. Do whatever you want though. I'm not stopping you, just telling you. Me? I'll be back at my haven sorting through this stuff," she pats the laptop and PDA piled in front of her. "Then I guess I'll get to work on that identity for Clark, and finally see if I can dig anything else up on unusual cash flow in the area."

"Oh, and he brings up a good idea. I think I'll stop for a bite to drink. I'm famished. So does anyone have anything else?"
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2008-07-10 at 03:07 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Harold

It's tough to tell, but Harold smiles at Erik, seeing what he means. "Yeah, I hear ya, bro. Don't sweat the small stuff, right?" looking at Sarah he nods, looking thoughtful "I 'spose your right. If I decide to sneak around I'll make sure I'm not seen and leave no trace. I'm not sure if that's what I'll do, though. Maybe I'll let Clark and Iuliana check it out first, if they notice anything out of the ordinary, then it might be more prudent for me to go skulking about."
    "If you're going to look to me you'd better get rose colored shades, cause what you see is what you get."

9. - Top - End - #69

Clark Bannon

He felt the pressure on his arms and sensed her and how close she was. He reminded himself this was not a good time for distractions, not quite yet. So with a small grin on his face and a slight tilt of his head towards Iuliana he speaks up.

"Yes, I am going to the club, this meeting has made me very thirsty. We can go and scout the club out before the others, if we see anything suspicious we tell the others to sneak in and check it out."
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-

10. - Top - End - #70

EvilClericGuy

And the storm in the area knocked out my internet connection for a few hours. . .

I'm going off to dinner now. Hopefully later tonight I will be able to post and finish up the meeting/chapter.

Expect me when you see me. ;)
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

11. - Top - End - #71

OOC: It looks like the Forums are back.... Is the game?

12. - Top - End - #72

EvilClericGuy

Oh yes. We are back baby. Oh course I fully expect every person who posts regularlly on the boards to spend the next few days logging in and make at least two of the following posts:
    • Yea the boards are back!
    • Comic #575 is awesome
    • Comic #576 is made of win
    • Comic 112 is epic
    • Why were the boards down?
    • Did something happen to the old forums
    • me love thog.

So bare with us as the game must go on!

Badge description requested by Gamgee
    It really is as simple as already described. A silver disk with a purple border. It is metal and it is polished enough to be reflective. It fits into the palm of your hand. You have probablly seen a few similar in your travels. The colors and any symbols a badge has inscribed on it reflects the authority the badge gives and from who the authority comes. Had you grown up with instruction in the Camarilla, you'd know what the symbols and colors mean instictively. The Prince himself probablly has one and the Archon another, but they are definately designed fancier.

For everyone who did grow up in the Camarilla,
    Spoiler
    Show
    you'd know that the badge means the Prince has charged the holder with a task and anyone who gets in the way of the task will answer to the Prince.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

me love thog
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

14. - Top - End - #74

EvilClericGuy

Yes we all love thog says the Archon.

Archon Walters clears his throat. "Prince Belegos has only three rules for feedingin West Strand. As the city barely has 10 Kindred in it not counting us, he has not needed to assigning hunting grounds. The rules are Don't feed from children or pregnant women. Don't feed from people with diseases. And Don't rob a blood bank." Walters is standing now at the black board having written a long list of goals on it. At the top he's written Results of Brainstorming
    • Decapitation strike against the Archbishop of the Sabbat
    • Tremere salvage old Tremere chantries and havens.
    • Take over the political, bueracratic, media, police elements of the city.
    • Figure out how the Sabbat is getting its funding.
    • Have the criminals and streetgangs of the city throw in against the Sabbat.
    • Attack the Organized crime families that are allied with the Sabbat elder
    • Assist one of the Spacey brothers in fighting another Sabbat pack. (Infighting)
    • Cause enough of a shakeup with infighting to force the Archbishop to make an appearance.
    • More information on Nuit Norr
    • Capture a Sabbat and pump it for information.
    • Find any moles in the Police Department that might be tipping off the Sabbat.
    • Complete wipe of Hands of Chaos.
    • Slip a Sabbat member a GPS device/cellphone for real time tracking.
    • Create fake identities for anyone who wants them.
    • Find Kindred willing to patrol highways to prevent Sabbat reinforcements from arriving . . . or leaving.
    • Investigate Cold Embrace and find explanation for the money going to the Catholic Church.
    • Protect the Masquerade by taking home coffee and doughnuts in a doggie bag.

"It would be best if you view yourselfs as individuals teaming up for a common goal rather than a large group dividing and splitting up."
    He adds, "Put your initials by the goals you are going to work on so you know who to team up with. Otherwise I believe we are done with the formalish meeting. Trade your contact infos."

I have decided that if you complete one of these goals after signing up for them, you will be rewarded with 3 XP. Keep that in mind as you sign up.

15. - Top - End - #75

George walks up to the board and marks his initials by the following

With the last one he smiles... "I have ghouls..."

Then on a more serious note. "Sarah... Computer trails I'll leave to you, but there is more to finance then computers, so if you run into a roadblock or dead end I might be able to help."
    Last edited by estradling; 2008-07-20 at 02:07 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Harold

Harold stands and walks over to the blackboard, taking the chalk from George. He marks down a HT next to:
    • Cause enough of a shakeup with infighting to force the Archbishop to make an appearance.
    • Assist one of the Spacey brothers in fighting another Sabbat pack. (Infighting)
    • Attack the Organized crime families that are allied with the Sabbat elder.
      Slip a Sabbat member a GPS device/cellphone for real time tracking.

Then he jots down a cellphone number in the corner of the blackboard. "Don't be shy to call me if you need a creep like me for anything."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Damarys grabs a piece of chalk, "I believe my skills will be valuable in the following" writing her name next to these...

"And since I have been drinking the coffee since I got here..."

• Protect the Masquerade by taking home coffee and doughnuts in a doggie bag
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2008-07-20 at 10:46 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sarah

Sarah smiles at George, "It's good to know I'll have your assistance."

Sarah reaches into her handbag and pulls out a small black case. It snaps open and from it produces business cards that she passes out to everyone present. "Here is my contact info. I'll sign up for the jobs I think my skills best suited for, but if you think you need me for other projects, don't be afraid to call."

She after replacing the case into her handbag, she approaches the blackboard. She plucks the chalk from the tray and proceeds to put anSC next to the following items.

• Investigate Cold Embrace and find explanation for the money going to the Catholic Church.

She then moves toward the table of coffee and donuts. She chooses a rather plain looking donut, one without even any frosting or glaze, and wraps it in a napkin. "A girl's got to watch her figure," she says with a wink and smile. She then fills a styrofoam cup with coffee and drops the money in the cup provided.

After re-donning her long, but lightweight coat, she moves toward the door. "See you around," she says and begins to exit, but suddenly turns around and adds almost as an afterthought, "or maybe I won't," she says with a wink at Harold. She then walks out into the night.

19. - Top - End - #79

Erik

Watching everyone else take there turn Erik walks up slowly and picks up the chalk. Placing his Initials next to each of the items he believes he will assist in.

• Tremere salvage old Tremere chantries and havens.
    • Find Kindred willing to patrol highways to prevent Sabbat reinforcements from arriving . . . or leaving.

After placing his initials, he writes up a phone number on the board. If you need to reach me. I am up for assisting with anything that anyone needs, even if it may not be my specialty. Until i reclaim one of the "unknown" chantires I will be staying here in an apartment. If anyone needs me and you can't reach me by phone... And he lists his address on the board as well. I believe that unless anyone needs me for anything tonight I shall get back to some personal matters. Drawing out his gameboy, he walks over and places some coin in the bowl. and grabs two donuts. Eyeing the coffee, and then turning away, never cared for that stuff.

Erik walks towards the door but waits outside for Iuliana, playing his gameboy as he waits.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

20. - Top - End - #80

Iuliana smiled whe Clark had accepted her proposal to head into public. She was famished, and was sure to catch an appropriate meal at a show. She slid her hands off of him and up along the top of his chair, then walked over to the chalkboard to initial it. She thought in mid-stride how utterly wasteful this was, since someone would just wash it away soon, and also completely give away their plans for anyone and everyone to see. She shrugged and grabbed some chalk.

"I believe services are best focused in these places," she began, as the chalk initialized "MM" next to several lines.

She listed herself with so many items thinking that progress with one could help provide progress with others. She dropped the chalk haphazardly and walked over to the table of food. She got a cup of coffee and placed a donut on top of the cup, dropped her money on the table and walked out. "I believe you can find me if need be," she said, waving her hand above her head. A

s she stepped out of the building, she stretched and tossed the coffee and donut out into the street. "Filthy things... Why so persistent to take them, I wonder?" she said to herself, awaiting Clark to exit.
    Last edited by HellFencer; 2008-07-21 at 01:06 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81

Erik

As Iuliana steps out of the room, Erik approaches her and begins leaving the building with her. Looking up towards her he finally speaks as they exit, I do believe we need to plan out how we are going to retake the Chantries, and I believe we also need to sit down and discuss each others strengths. When do you have time to do this, and also where are you staying, how will I contact you when it is needed?
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

22. - Top - End - #82

Clark walks up to the board and initials things he hopes to be involved in, but he knows that plans may change more than he thinks. Satisfied at the goals he set his eyes upon he walks near the exit to the meeting room to await the final word to disband.

"Ill let those more... calm kindred take the sneaky stuff. When you need some terror struck into these things give me a call. My immediate task is finding out more about this band called cold embrace. Should you need to contact me... well I am sure you will be able to find me. I will try to get myself a cell phone at the next opportunity however."

They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

23. - Top - End - #83

Iuliana

Looking down at the pint-sized vampire, Iuliana pulls out a matchbook and a pen and writes her digits down. Tossing the book to the boy, she says, "Whenever, wherever, and at this number. Is a very mysterious thing, being a child of the night, yes? You call, I answer, we talk." She smiled, fluttered her eyes, and walked away from the kid towards the club.

24. - Top - End - #84

Erik

As Iuliana writes her number down and tosses the book towards Erik, he looks rather strangely at her, almost confused. As she begins to walk away Erik moves closer to her and speaks once again towards her As I stated I believe we need to discuss what we are going to be doing, and also discuss our talents. I would much prefer us to find a place, my place if need be, and do so tonight. This is very much a dire circumstance that is needed to be resolved. And the sooner it is, the better for all. If tonight does not work for you, and I can't quite fathom how it wouldn't, please when would work for you? This is something we need to do post haste.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

25. - Top - End - #85

Iuliana

Still walking, Iuliana says to the boy, "I am needing a drink. Unless you have party favors, we meet in three hours. Call me then." She wondered what was keeping Clark.

26. - Top - End - #86

Clark

Well seeing as nothing else was going on here he finally turned out of the meeting room and left. He quickly caught up with Iuliana at the exit to the building. Finally he could get a quick bite to eat, he couldn't help but chuckle at this thought.

"Okay, lets go Iuliana, I was just making sure nobody had any last minute thoughts or schemes."
    Last edited by Gamgee; 2008-07-22 at 11:33 AM.

Exile

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Harold

Harold grins and winks at Sarah as she leaves. He takes a few doughnuts and a cup of coffee from the table, juggling these he walks out. He makes sure to find and take the back way out of the building, tossing the mortal food in a dumpster as soon as he came to one. He too was hungry. He kept to the backstreets and alleys, actively trying to stay out of sight while he prowled the streets, seeking prey.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth Roll: (6d10)[3][9][3][8][9][5](37)
    Hunting Roll: (4d10)[3][2][7][7](19)

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Castor Graves

Graves stayed seated until it looked like everyone had made their mark, writing down everything that had been scrawled onto the chalkboard as well as any numbers that had been offered in his little notebook in his own little language of unreadable scribblings. He closed the book reverently before slowly tapping it with his pen a few times. Then, in one smooth motion, he stood up, causing his chair to screech backwards and nearly tip over. It went back on its back two legs for a teetering instant before dropping back safely onto all fours while its former occupant approached the blackboard himself. He took a different color chalk from the tray near the bottom and wrote "CG" next to these:

• Take over the political, bureaucratic, media, police elements of the city.

Graves adjusted his hat a bit and walked over to the table where the coffee and doughnuts were situated. He reached into the money cup and extracted the very same dollar he'd put in there before the meeting started, folded it, and tucked it into his pocket. Then, he walked away from the table without taking any of the food with him and approached Damarys.

"Hurm...if we're going to do some cleaning up, we should start with the dirty cops. You in?"
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2008-07-22 at 04:48 PM.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

29. - Top - End - #89

EvilClericGuy

OOC A lot of people are mentioning that they need to feed and they are hungry. Only one character is actually in NEED of blood right now, because we only have one character with less than 6 blood points.

Let's talk how to do dice rolls. Let's say you want to roll 4 d10s you would write [roll] d10 [/roll] [roll] d10 [/roll] [roll] d10 [/roll] [roll] d10 [/roll]but you do not use any spaces. The result looks like this (d10)[2] (d10)[10] (d10)[6] (d10)[9]

If you don't remember your blood pool here they are.

Castor
    Spoiler
    Show

Harold
    Spoiler
    Show
    7+3 from just feeding =10

Darmays
    Spoiler
    Show

George
    Spoiler
    Show

Sarah Clark
    Spoiler
    Show

Eric
    Spoiler
    Show

Iuliana
    Spoiler
    Show

Clark B
    Spoiler
    Show
    6+7 from just feeding = 13
    Last edited by archon_huskie; 2008-07-30 at 07:52 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Premsyl View Post
    Harold

Harold grins and winks at Sarah as she leaves. He takes a few doughnuts and a cup of coffee from the table, juggling these he walks out. He makes sure to find and take the back way out of the building, tossing the mortal food in a dumpster as soon as he came to one. He too was hungry. He kept to the backstreets and alleys, actively trying to stay out of sight while he prowled the streets, seeking prey.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth Roll: [roll0]
    Hunting Roll: [roll1]
    You prowl the backstreets and alleys. For practice, you use your actual stealth skills instead of your supernatural powers. As you wander, you over hear two men you assume at first are homeless men. They are counting up coins. As you listen closer, something doesn't add up. West Strand is an upscale city. They can afford homeless shelters. The men are talking about how easy it was to con people today. You figure the situation out easily. The men spent all day dressed up as homeless men conning people with down on my luck sob stories. Now they are going back home with their loot. A quick sap sneak attack to their heads and you walk away with a full belly and about $250 is small bills and coins.