New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central III - All potential wolves please read

If you're looking for new roles, you can borrow a few from Smash. I have several prototype roles in there that could always benefit from extra playtesting.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Barbarian in the Playground

I noticed People were posting some ideas for roles, so I though I'd give it a shot. Here's a couple I brainstormed a while back:

Blaster/Brute Wolf role. One night kill every three days. The target is killed regardless of escape abilities or banes. If the target was baned, there's also a 25% chance that the Baner dies too! However, because of the Blaster/Brute's unique, erm, 'style', there's a 75% chance their role will be reveal at the end of the night phase when someone recognizes their handiwork. scries as Blaster/Brute.

Hijacker Neutral. Targets one player every two days to be hijacked. If the target is a villager, nothing happens. If the target is NOT a villager, the Hijacker steals their role and win conditions, and the target becomes a villager. If a wolf is targeted, The hijacker is eaten instead. Wins when they hijack someone and their new team wins. Scries as villager pre-hijack.

Bugger Either team. Targets a player every two nights. If that player uses a night action, the Bugger learns what kind of action it was (e.g. bane, scry/void, night kill) and who it was pointed at.

The brute/blaster is good when the villagers have several roles that can protect, like in smash bothers. The hijacker works best in games with more than one faction. and the bugger works well in games with many roles that have similar actions, again, Smash Bros. is a good example, with Zelda, Tingle, Snake, Mewtwo, Diddy Kong, etc. all using a scry type action. Feel free to mess around with percentage chances and cooldowns.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    I noticed People were posting some ideas for roles, so I though I'd give it a shot. Here's a couple I brainstormed a while back:

Blaster/Brute Wolf role. One night kill every three days. The target is killed regardless of escape abilities or banes. If the target was baned, there's also a 25% chance that the Baner dies too! However, because of the Blaster/Brute's unique, erm, 'style', there's a 75% chance their role will be reveal at the end of the night phase when someone recognizes their handiwork. scries as Blaster/Brute.

Hijacker Neutral. Targets one player every two days to be hijacked. If the target is a villager, nothing happens. If the target is NOT a villager, the Hijacker steals their role and win conditions, and the target becomes a villager. If a wolf is targeted, The hijacker is eaten instead. Wins when they hijack someone and their new team wins. Scries as villager pre-hijack.

Bugger Either team. Targets a player every two nights. If that player uses a night action, the Bugger learns what kind of action it was (e.g. bane, scry/void, night kill) and who it was pointed at.

The brute/blaster is good when the villagers have several roles that can protect, like in smash bothers. The hijacker works best in games with more than one faction. and the bugger works well in games with many roles that have similar actions, again, Smash Bros. is a good example, with Zelda, Tingle, Snake, Mewtwo, Diddy Kong, etc. all using a scry type action. Feel free to mess around with percentage chances and cooldowns.
    Intresting... *adds roles to his role-list* Anything more?

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground

I like the theory of the role, but I can see it playing merry hell up with networks in a game where it isn't the only neutral role. Usually I would be against a role-swapping role, but with the wolves killing the hijacker if targetted I can see how this would work. The only problem would be other neatral roles, who could technically side with anyone. I like it though, it's a refreshing new idea.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ogre in the Playground

Personally, I'm not fond of roles that require chance. It makes it too unreliable. Ignoring that though, a 75% chance that their role will be revealed is FAR too high. If I had this role, i wouldn't want to use it, since it'd end up getting me lynched most of the time. The protection penetration is nice, but getting the baner killed may be overdoing it. Right now, this is an extreme role. On one hand you could give the wolves 3 kills in one night. Normal kill, blaster kill, baner protection kill. The chances of that happening are low, and you'd have to be extremely lucky target someone being protected in the first place, but it'd be a MASSIVE swing in the wolves favor. On the side, the chance of being revealed is far too high to make a player want to risk using his ability.

I think what you're aiming for is high risk, high reward, but the risk is too high, and the reward too unreliable to count on.

If they hijack a villager, nothing happens. If they hijack a wolf, they die. So they can only hijack another neutral player, right? This would really depend on the other neutral roles. There is a potential for trouble if the person hijacked was in contact with the wolves. Then, BOOM! game over. You'd have to be REAL careful about what roles are hijackable. Even so, the potential to be accidentally killed might be a turnoff.

This is a good concept that needs a little work. The problem is that it's too close to being a scry. I would change it to just seeing if they used a night action period. That might be more balanced. I like it though.

Keep in mind that Smash is a unique case in which everyone has a role. Only this and Llama Llama Duck use that concept.

6. - Top - End - #1236

Well I was a bit more intrested on the concept of the roles, all roles need some work before they can be tested.

For example, the the idea of the brute is a flawed assassin with some bonus added. The idea that the brute should be able to kill the baner too is a bit too much in my opinion but the basic idea is good.

With that idea other roles can be made like:

Crazy Bersberker, This role can kill a player every night but every time he uses this ability there is a 30*X % that the Crazy Bersbeker will be killed instead. With X being the times he have used the ability. If the target would be baned the crazy berserker will die immediately.

What I mean is that the basic concepts for one role can inspire another, its the basic ideas that counts to me.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Don't suppose you could think of another name for that role? >.>
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Don't suppose you could think of another name for that role? >.>
    *sniggers helplessly*

Is it bad that I didn't even think of that until you posted?

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

9. - Top - End - #1239

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    *sniggers helplessly*

Is it bad that I didn't even think of that until you posted?
    Is it even worse that I understood the "bad" meaning of the word before I understood its real meaning?
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-11-04 at 11:11 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1240

@phantomfox: I understand your concerns. The Blaster role needs refinement, but that's why I'm posting it. I was hoping someone with more experience, such as yourself, could refine the percentages. As to your other query, the Hijacker role can steal ANY non-wolf role except villager, including baner and seer, etc. If they nab a neutral role working with the wolves, you can fix that problem by adding a clause onto the end. It could say that people cannot reveal any roles they knew about before the theft.

@Shadowcaller: Here's a couple more roles for you. Enjoy!

Spiritualist Villager. When the spiritualist dies, they can continue voting via PM, and they are said to be a villager when they die. They are still not allowed to share information with other players, although RP is fine. Scries as villager.

Saboteur Either. The Saboteur functions like a voider, with a twist: the target can still use their action, but if they do, they are killed at the end of the next day phase.

TAG! Starts Villager, additional role. The tagged player is 'it'. The 'it' player gets a double vote, but cannot win the game, regardless of win conditions. They can spend a night action attempting to 'tag' someone with a 75% success rate. If they succeed, the targeted player is now 'it', and the tagger is no longer 'it'. A succesful tag gets a self bane/daybane, usable the following night/day only.

@Castaras: whoops, I didn't notice that. How's eavesdropper work?
    Last edited by Duos; 2008-11-04 at 05:15 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

The role that most closely resembles this on the Mafia Wiki would be the Strong Man, but that role is basically a maffia member that can ignore baners. Primarily comes up in games that also have roles like the Army Veteran that cause bad effects on those who target them or when the game has roles that can identify the person who did the killing.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mafia IX = Done.

OOOPS!

Mafia VIII = Done

Resounding citizen win.

Not sure when we'll start recruitment for the next one.
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2008-11-05 at 12:51 PM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

13. - Top - End - #1243

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Fairchilde View Post
    Mafia IX = Done.

Resounding citizen win.

Not sure when we'll start recruitment for the next one.
    Damn, what happened to Mafia VIII
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Troll in the Playground

Andre: I guess "now" wouldn't be my final answer?
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2008-11-05 at 12:10 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #1245

Weird idea for a WW game struck me today.

Murder by Letters WW

Each time a wolf or mason is lynched/eaten, a letter is revealed. Each letter will be 1 letter in the seer or devil's name.

Example (picking on my favorites for this example): Seer is Alarra, Devil is Zeb.

A mason is lynched, and the letter R is revealed to the public. Now the public knows that the seer or devil has the letter R in their name.

What I think this will do:

Make the seer more aware of the devil sooner, and make the devil more aware of the seer sooner. Advantage wolves I think because they have a night kill along with the possibility of a lynch.

Second idea for a game:

Who's more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows the fool? WW

Rules as classic except every villager is told they are the seer. Only 1 seer is real, all else are fools.

Crazy? Yes. Narrator-intensive? Yes. Interesting to see how it would turn out? I think so.

16. - Top - End - #1246

Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Weird idea for a WW game struck me today.

Murder by Letters WW

Each time a wolf or mason is lynched/eaten, a letter is revealed. Each letter will be 1 letter in the seer or devil's name.

Example (picking on my favorites for this example): Seer is Alarra, Devil is Zeb.

A mason is lynched, and the letter R is revealed to the public. Now the public knows that the seer or devil has the letter R in their name.

What I think this will do:

Make the seer more aware of the devil sooner, and make the devil more aware of the seer sooner. Advantage wolves I think because they have a night kill along with the possibility of a lynch.

Second idea for a game:

Rules as classic except every villager is told they are the seer. Only 1 seer is real, all else are fools.

Crazy? Yes. Narrator-intensive? Yes. Interesting to see how it would turn out? I think so.
    Heh - what happens when the devil is say "Duos" and the seer is "Purple Gelatenous Cube of Doom"

Like the second one though. That would be crazy fun!
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Like the second one though. That would be crazy fun!
    Agreed!

18. - Top - End - #1248

Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Second idea for a game:

That would be hilarious. I would certainly want to be in that one.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Orc in the Playground

While I'd love to be in that one, it should probably be a very small game, to avoid narrator brain-death.
    Trophy(/ies)
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

Gotta add Helgraf's Scry interference, too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Troll in the Playground

Aw! You spoiled it! Guess what me and Shadowcaller had been thinking about for one incarnation of the Madness series?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

22. - Top - End - #1252

I thought I'd see if anyone has any other way of Contacting Fleeing Coward, he hasn't posted since 10/18.

23. - Top - End - #1253

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Wondering about a concept for a role : A twisted version of a voider, as we know, a voider voids the action of a certain person, how about if a voider partially replaces the baner, and the person voided is shielded from scries, night kills and all that stuff?
    I have another idea

Twister: each night the twister targets a player and if that player uses a night action that action is randomly switched with another night action with the same target.

So if the seer was trying to scry someone he might instead kill or bane them or some other night action specific to that game.

Thoughts?

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    I have another idea

Twister: each night the twister targets a player and if that player uses a night action that action is randomly switched with another night action with the same target.

So if the seer was trying to scry someone he might instead kill or bane them or some other night action specific to that game.

Thoughts?
    Nice, how would it work on wolves? As their ability is usually a group one.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

One strategy that has worked, for example, to allow a voider to void a wolf kill, is for the narrator to decide which wolf needs to be targeted on a specific night for the kill to be blocked, or in this case, changed. This can be achieved by specifying that the wolf who actually sends in the night kill, or sends in the final night kill, as often there are more than one wolf that send in a potential kill, is the wolf that needs to be targeted in order for the event to be stopped. Another system is randomly rolling between the wolves left alive and determining that whichever wolf is rolled is the one that must be targeted to effect the group ability.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

26. - Top - End - #1256

I'm gone for a couple of days – don't autolynch me anywhere or anything.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

27. - Top - End - #1257

I would like to remind everyone about that the Mirrodin game need more players. I would like atleast 30 players before I start it, the recruitment thread is here.

28. - Top - End - #1258

Default Dear god, what have I DONE?

A sneak preview....for review and comments.

LLD2 Rules
    Spoiler
    Show

LLAMA LLAMA DUCK DEUX– The Insanity Continues….

Last time, we decided to give everyone a role. It worked to some degree, only to be more perfected with Super Smash Brothers.

This time around, we decided for everyone to pick their role.

That’s right. If you want to be a seer, you can choose to be a seer.

However, in order to make this work right, we have made specifications on the roles.

After everyone has picked the role, the teams will be decided at random.

So read through the list, and choose, but choose carefully!

ROLES
    Spoiler
    Show

Careless Baner – This role can only bane other people. They can’t bane themselves!
    Seer/Fool – This role can discover someone’s role by sending in a PM at night. Are they truly the seer, or are they just fooling themselves. Scry interference is in effect.
    Voider – This role can cause someone’s power to not work until the next night phase by selecting them during the current night phase.
    Disguiser – This role can cause themmself or another to look like a different role/team at night.
    Mayor – This role’s point during the day counts as 3.
    Howard, the ? – Of course the zany antics of this space duck would come back, but this time it might be for any team. This role can cause someone to not be lynched by pointing at them during the day phase.
    Assassin – This role can kill someone the next night by hiding that person’s name (in white text) during their day post.
    Vortex – This role can cause all points at one player to be deflected another player. The players are individually told if points for them are on being “vortexed”, but not if they are on the sending or receiving end.

TEAMS
    Llama’s – The triumphant hero’s of LLD1 return. Once again this team must try to eliminate all the ducks. Llama’s will make up 70% of the players.
    Duck’s – The victim’s of game 1, they are back with a vengeance. Duck’s will make up 15% of the players. At the start of the game, each duck will know 1 other duck (teams of 2). At night, the duck’s will send in votes to choose a player to eliminate. The player with the most votes dies.
    Bunny’s with a Pancake – The carefree animal of the internet has joined into the game. Why? Well it just doesn’t make any sense. All they care about is surviving until the end of the game.

Rules of note:
    Scry interference will result in a failed attempt.
    Voided scries will result in a failed attempt.
    There is no voider interference, but voiding may be daisy chained.
    Voider will not be told the results of their void.
    Vortex interference will result in a failed attempt.

So thoughts?
    Last edited by Supagoof; 2008-11-07 at 03:59 PM.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Troll in the Playground

Hmmh. 2 wolf Vortexes = 2 unlynchable wolves?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Orc in the Playground

Sounds like a large-scale plan of what I had cooked up for the villagers in Candyland.

Therefore, I have but one thing to say:

*coughs*

In.
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?