New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central III - All potential wolves please read

Ooh, for my role, could it please include betraying Banjo's trust spectacularly?

EDIT: D-D knows why now
    Last edited by Nychta; 2008-08-22 at 04:53 AM.
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fin View Post
    I thought Mordokai played lots of WW games

And yeah it could be but I instigated the original debacle back in ACII. Much fun was had in that game and my general missing the crux of every issue!
    Yeah, now that I think about it, he does, but almost never the games im in, and when we do end up in the same game, I almost never see him... Except for some games...

And xnadia... Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not mah buddy Banjo!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    How come I'm always the BBEG?!?
    I'm a good villager too! And we basically BROKE Hogwarts for the Teachers (masons) in that one. See? I can break games for the good guys too!

In all honesty, I'd say DON'T give roles to everyone. Games like that tend to get broken of their own accord with litle or no help from players.

But it looks like fun so far!
    Hey twist wasn't broken.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

Haha, awesome Griever

Still definitely playing. Ironically enough, though, Vampires is one of the few WW incarnations that I haven't played a single version of.

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Also, I demand that I'm Da Rogue gets a role.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Woo! Thanks for giving me a role. And an important one, too!
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks absolutely awesome Griever!

I particularly like my role, I have the power to save lynchees in my very hands!

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

8. - Top - End - #248

Hey all,

I've been tossing a couple of ideas around in my head for a new structured game, and I am hoping that I can get some input.

First Idea:

Team Werewolf

Basically, start 1 thread where people form teams for werewolf-type games. Each team consists of 4 people. Then, there will be 4 mini-werewolf games created under the umbrella of Team Werewolf. Each team assigns one of its members to represent that team in the mini-werewolf edition.

Then the 4 mini-werewolf games will run, and each person that "wins" (whatever the win condition may be), is awarded 1 point. After the conclusion of the 4 mini-games, tally up the points of all the winners, and then announce a Team that won the whole thing.

Example: Alarra, Zeb, Llama, and Indurain form team Awesome. They decide that Alarra will be in mini-Pirates, Zeb will be in mini-WW classic, Llama will be in mini-YoW, and Indurain will be in mini-(insert other popular game here).

Alarra wins Pirates, Zeb wins classic, llama loses YoW, and Indurain wins other game. So Team Awesome ends with 3 points. Compare that to the other teams and whoever has the most points wins. Ties can remain ties or perhaps we can break them in some suitable way.

We would try to organize each of the mini-games to run for approximately the same amount of time.

Thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

Second Idea:

Ultimate Dodgeball

Those that sign up do so as part of a team. 6 players per team. The teams are then randomly pitted against one another in tournament style. During each round (24 hours RL time) each player on the team chooses one of the following actions:

Throw (Player) - Throw a dodgeball at a specific player.
    Catch (Player) - Anticipate that a specific opposing player will throw a ball at you, and be ready to catch it.
    Defend (General) - Try to dodge out of the way of any balls thrown at you.

Which they PM to the narrators (or maybe each team nominates a captain to do so?).

If a player is the target of a Throw they are eliminated unless they have choosen to Catch against that specific player, or they have chosen to Defend. If they had chosen Catch against the specific person that used Throw on them, then the person who used Throw is eliminated, and the person who used Catch gets to bring back one of their eliminated players.

If a player who uses Defend is the target of TWO players using Throw, then they are eliminated.

Note that is is possible to Catch a ball thrown at you, and also be eliminated because another player used Throw on you.

The winning teams move on to face other winning teams, losing teams are eliminated.

9. - Top - End - #249

That looks pretty cool.
    I'd suggest letting the teams (from Team WW) confer on their strategies in the various games.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Second Idea:

Ultimate Dodgeball

Those that sign up do so as part of a team. 6 players per team. The teams are then randomly pitted against one another in tournament style. During each round (24 hours RL time) each player on the team chooses one of the following actions:

Catch (Player) - Anticipate that a specific opposing player will throw a ball at you, and be ready to catch it.

Which they PM to the narrators (or maybe each team nominates a captain to do so?).

If a player is the target of a Throw they are eliminated unless they have choosen to Catch against that specific player, or they have chosen to Defend. If they had chosen Catch against the specific person that used Throw on them, then the person who used Throw is eliminated, and the person who used Catch gets to bring back one of their eliminated players.

If a player who uses Defend is the target of TWO players using Throw, then they are eliminated.

Note that is is possible to Catch a ball thrown at you, and also be eliminated because another player used Throw on you.

The winning teams move on to face other winning teams, losing teams are eliminated.

Looks a lot like a variation of (team)raf or something...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

What happens when you have only one player left on each team in Dodgeball? It degrades into a prisoner's dilemma and both players will be set on catch for, well, all eternity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #252

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    What happens when you have only one player left on each team in Dodgeball? It degrades into a prisoner's dilemma and both players will be set on catch for, well, all eternity.
    I had thought about that, and I figured it would result in a player from each side being reinstated. The likelihood of two 6 person teams resulting in a 1v1 seems pretty low though, so I don't think it would happen too often.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Shouldn't that like, be Mordokai's role, despite that he really doesn't play WW games....
    Only when I'm playing Mi'ir...which isn't very often.

I have way to many personalities...

Ooh ooh! I'll be a role! I'll be the guy who wins if he can get Cristo Lynched in a debacle!
    Except Demonking is currently far ahead of you in attempts to get me lynched. It happens usually about once a game (and more than half the time it got him killed as well).

Though you did specify "in a debacle..."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

Great, now you're going to make me fall WW stlye? Is there no way to stop you people?

Otherwise, looks great
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Hey all,

I've been tossing a couple of ideas around in my head for a new structured game, and I am hoping that I can get some input.

First Idea:

Team Werewolf

Basically, start 1 thread where people form teams for werewolf-type games. Each team consists of 4 people. Then, there will be 4 mini-werewolf games created under the umbrella of Team Werewolf. Each team assigns one of its members to represent that team in the mini-werewolf edition.

Then the 4 mini-werewolf games will run, and each person that "wins" (whatever the win condition may be), is awarded 1 point. After the conclusion of the 4 mini-games, tally up the points of all the winners, and then announce a Team that won the whole thing.

Example: Alarra, Zeb, Llama, and Indurain form team Awesome. They decide that Alarra will be in mini-Pirates, Zeb will be in mini-WW classic, Llama will be in mini-YoW, and Indurain will be in mini-(insert other popular game here).

Alarra wins Pirates, Zeb wins classic, llama loses YoW, and Indurain wins other game. So Team Awesome ends with 3 points. Compare that to the other teams and whoever has the most points wins. Ties can remain ties or perhaps we can break them in some suitable way.

We would try to organize each of the mini-games to run for approximately the same amount of time.

Second Idea:

Ultimate Dodgeball

Both of those ideas are awesome, and I will be signing up as soon as the recruitment thread opens

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Banned

Taken in order:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Alright, then...... can I book (for now) the nearest available date, Shadow? Even if it IS like 3 months away?
    Done. Oct 20-24?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    Can I book the nearest available date for Twin Village.
    Done. Nov 3-7?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    I would like to schedule a Ravnica WW game for November 3rd.
    Looks lie ED beat you to it apparently.
    How's Nov 10-17 sound?

See below.
    Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    I'd like to schedule for November 9th, then.
    Done.
    Then I guess I get October 20th.
    Done.
    ((Thank you to the 3 of you for working that out on your own. It almost got confusing for me. I hate having to push people back, like I'm about to....))
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    I would like to pick October the 26th for Kyou II or Alignment Wars, whatever I think is best at the time...
    First available date, as I'm taking them on a first-come first-served basis, is Nov 17-21. How's that?
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Game thread for Monty Python and the Holy Grail is up.
    Enjoy.
    Linked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Linked.
    Hey twist wasn't broken.
    I didn't say that they always get broken, I said that they tend to get broken.
    Anyway, wasn't that some sort of "secret" game? If no one knows the roles, no one can know that everyone has one (or even what they are). There are exceptions.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Banned

A reminder to everyone:

Please remind me HERE when your game ends so that I can update the links in the schedule.
    There are a TON of games going on. I don't follow them all. I simply don't have the time.
    A friendly reminder is absolutely wonderful!

It will save me the time of having to click every single link on the schedule every time I want to update the table.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Shadow; 2008-08-22 at 07:50 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

Still playing around with the rules here of The Day Candyland Broke.

Here's two more roles that I am almost finished tweaking, was curious what people thought.

Haruki-kun – Known to many as the Angel of Ambiguous Allegiance, we can never quite be sure who Haruki is fighting for, if, in fact, Haruki is fighting for anyone else than himself. At the start of the game, Haruki can pick either Team Good or Team Evil. The first person to die in the game of that Team will have their role re-assigned to Haruki, win condition and all.

xNadia - A rival to Eldritch Knight in stealth, but she is devoted to the light side of Candyland, steering clear of the dark and chocolatey side of the force. For every day xNadia goes without being pointed at for lynch, she can remove 1 point at her from a future lynch targeted at her. Maximum point value of 5.
    Last edited by Griever; 2008-08-23 at 12:07 AM.
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

19. - Top - End - #259
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Heh.... that's an interesting role. I like it.

So does that mean that if say... I'm Haruki and I pick team Good, and then a Villager dies, I turn into a Villager, though?

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Griever, your game idea is awesome! If I can manage to find some time, I'll play it, definitely.

Also, coming on 2009...

My long-postponed WW game based on Isaac Asimov's Robot Stories!
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

21. - Top - End - #261

I like my role, and also 'Ruki's, and his would also make scenarios like the time where the Alpha got lynched on the first day (that was in WWX, right?) not quite so damaging.
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    A reminder to everyone:

Please remind me HERE when your game ends so that I can update the links in the schedule.
    There are a TON of games going on. I don't follow them all. I simply don't have the time.
    A friendly reminder is absolutely wonderful!

It will save me the time of having to click every single link on the schedule every time I want to update the table.
    Thanks!
    Erm I think we posted it but I'll do it again just in case.

Stargate WW is over! the Goa'Uld (Wolves) won
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Is their any plans for Discworld II

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fin View Post
    Erm I think we posted it but I'll do it again just in case.

Stargate WW is over! the Goa'Uld (Wolves) won
    And I also won, even though I wasn't a wolf.(If I remember correctly)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

And I survived as the last Mason.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74597

Am I the only one who thinks this should be linked somewhere?

27. - Top - End - #267

Alright, came up with a different idea for the Uncle Festy role in Candyland:

Uncle Festy - Uncle Festy is a huge procrastinator. He never does anything today that he could feasibly do the next day, and this carries over to his WW games. Whenever Uncle Festy makes a point, it actually counts for the following day phase.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Uncle Festy; 2008-08-23 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74597

Am I the only one who thinks this should be linked somewhere?
    My thoughts are we should have the WW Central thread specifically to announce games, the winners of the games, and propose rules for new versions.

I also think we should have another sub-forum for WW tactica as the tactical discussions are often lost here in WW Central. Just my thoughts.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is their any plans for Discworld II
    Hmmm. ZP is about to run WW Classic, I'm supposed to be putting the recruiting thread up for the next Mafia as well as co-narrating Lord of the Rings WW, and Curlykitgirl is running Monty Python.

So... it may be a couple of months before the three of us get together again for another DW WW. Although it was a fun one!
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Alright, came up with a different idea for the Uncle Festy role in Candyland:

Uncle Festy - Uncle Festy is a huge procrastinator. He never does anything today that he could feasibly do the next day, and this carries over to his WW games. Whenever Uncle Festy makes a point, it actually counts for the following day phase.

Thoughts?
    Hah, I like it.

Will give the immune role to someone else, as I still like the idea.

Now if Dallas just comes back with his Cookiemanjaro game mechanic he promised.
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?