New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default BackStabbery: Houses In Conflict - Recruitment Closed

BackStabbery: Houses In Conflict

To begin with every player will be assigned a house and rank within that house at random.

Spoiler
    Show
    Leader – The boss of the house, your responsibility is to distribute the gold amongst your minions.

Lieutenants – Maximum of two players will be House Lieutenants, their responsibility will be to announce house wars to the thread. They also start with a bonus to power of +5. Lieutenants will be selected by the house leader at the birth of each new house!

Minions – You are to generally live the life of a civilian, doing as you leader demands or not!

After the first day phase has been completed the houses will be ranked in accordance with their leader's personal power level (because there will have been no time to buy any power levels so every House would have the same accumulative score). After this when a House is destroyed all the houses below it will gain a rank and any new Houses that are made will enter the ladder at the bottom rung. Also after each day phase the houses will be re-ranked according to their accumulative power level.

Every player will start with 100 gold and a power level which will at the lowest be 10. Using their gold players can do a number of things;

Spoiler
    Show
    Start a new house 25g – In order to start a new house you must have at least one player for every rank willing to join it from its birth. The house will give +100 power to the guild leader but he must delegate this between his House members. It is entirely up to the house leader how he recruits members. Take note - House members do not have to remain loyal to their leaders. Inter-House wars can occur and the loser’s power will be given to the guild leader to do with as he wishes. The losing leader is at the mercy of the winning guilds leader and his house dissolved, allowing his members to start/join new Houses. To start all the houses will be ranked randomly, every time a house is destroyed the houses below it gain in rank, the aim of the game is to be the most powerful player in the highest ranked house by the end of the game. Like in Ultimate Greed each guild leader will receive daily gold payments to distribute amongst his minions.

Train in a profession 25g - This is unavailable to Guild leaders who must try and recruit and maintain the loyalties of those whom it is available to.

Start a House War 25g - Announces a guild war and gives everybody 24 hours to prepare. After 24 hours the war will occur and the party with the highest power will win, however due to murders, betrayals etc the power at the beginning of the fight may change before the end.

Buy A Power Level: At the rate of one level for 30g

Professions

Spoiler
    Show
    Players can only have one profession at a time;

Assassin - Gains +15 power when attacking another guild or attempting murder.

General - Gains +15 power when being attacked by another guild or when someone is trying to murder them.

Spy - Can identify a house/individuals power, assuming nobody is planning on betraying them.

Diplomat - Can create the illusion that a guild/individuals power is higher than it really is by 1-d100%.

Monk - Can hide an guild/individuals power by 1-d100%.

Treachery! - This is where it gets interesting.

Spoiler
    Show
    During any 'day' players can PM certain actions.

Start Coup - This means at the end of the day the will attempt to murder their current House leader and rise to power, this is best done in groups in order to better the leaders power level, deciding who gets to be leader amongst each other is entirely up to you. Members of other house may be included in the coup! This strategy will be beneficial if you covet the power of an established house!

Murder - This is an attempt to kill any other player. If they are a guild leader, the guild remains in tact but there will probably be murderings over who raises to power from the guilds underlings. If you kill any other player you will gain their gold and any power bonuses they have, such as the assassin bonus. Success will be based on each players individual power, irrelevant of the power of respective guilds.

*note - any murder/coup attempts that are submitted during war preparations will be concluded during the battle, this will obviously lead to some unexpected (or not) power changes.*

Change allegiance - When a war is announced use this to alert the narrators to the fact that you are changing sides it is up to you if you let any body else know this fact. You will however still be without a guild after the battle if the team you switched to wins, hopefully you will have made a deal to be picked up afterwards.

Change Guild - This is not PM'd but announced in thread, if a player chooses to change guild they must ask in thread (prior arrangement can be organised via PM should those concerned choose.) This request may be accepted or denied at the leader in questions choosing.

Resolving Conflicts:

Spoiler
    Show
    The leader of the winning guild can choose to kill the opposing guild leader, putting them out of the game. Alternatively they can allow them to live, this forces the defeated guild leader to be loyal to the victor for 2 days. The defeated's power rating will be added to the victor's personal power score, not his guild! This has obvious benefits for murder attempts.

There will be two sets of winners, the first is all the members of the house of the highest rank by the end of the game. The second but more important win goes to the player with the most power/gold at the end of the game.

So in conclusion this is team based Ultimate Greed, but only one player can win!

Ok I hope to have this game started on August 16th or sooner if I think we have enough players! So get yourselves signed up!

Players:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Artemis97
    detrevnisisiht
    Doseki
    Emperor Demonking
    Fleeing Coward
    Freshmeat_
    Greiver
    Lavidor
    Leoman
    Lord Fullbladder, Master Of Goblins
    Murska
    PirateMonk
    The Phantom
    Reinholdt
    Shadowcaller
    Sneak
    Tieto
    Vampiric
    watchin got old
    Zeebiedeebie
    Last edited by Fin; 2008-08-15 at 11:40 AM.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: BackStabbery: Houses In Conflict - Recruiting (Please Move To Structured)

In! In! IN!
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: BackStabbery: Houses In Conflict - Recruiting (Please Move To Structured)

I'm in this game, stealing your goldz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Sign me up.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm signing up.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

I believe that this game well rule. I'm in.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: BackStabbery: Houses In Conflict - Recruiting

I command you to run an iteration of this game when I'm at home.
    Trophy(/ies)
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

This looks interesting. Sign me up.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

9. - Top - End - #9

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Will this have sequels? I want to play, but I'm bogged down by the sheer amount of games I'm trying to remain active in.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

since I royaly ****ed myself in Greed, IN!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

*sharpens knife*

In.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Will this have sequels? I want to play, but I'm bogged down by the sheer amount of games I'm trying to remain active in.
    It better have sequels, I don't plan on making games without futures! So even though you claim to be 'bogged down' i'm considering you recruited in order to ensure the creation of the first game, so you better be in!
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Will you have one such as I? If so, IN!!!
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

14. - Top - End - #14

I think I'll say.... yes. In please!

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Ok guys, just to give this game a setting (so you can develop RP chars etc) I have selected Menzoberranzan, home of the dark elves. This was for two reasons;

1) We have had suprisingly few DnD settings for games considering that this is a websites that credits its existence to the game!

2) In the DnD lore Menzoberranzan is the place that makes the most sense for this type of game, house vs house etc!

Don't worry about playing as dark elves or leaders having to be female, I am not sticking to the lore that strictly, but doing this at least gives you a bit of geography!

On a side note we will be looking for at least 20 players to work this well, 25 would be better. As I would liek to start with at least 5 players per house, so tell your friends

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

I'm in. Ah, this reminds me of the good old days of the town mafia.

17. - Top - End - #17

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fin View Post
    It better have sequels, I don't plan on making games without futures! So even though you claim to be 'bogged down' i'm considering you recruited in order to ensure the creation of the first game, so you better be in!
    Ah. Then colour me recruited. I'm not that bogged down anyway. I'll die soon enough.
    Last edited by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins; 2008-08-05 at 11:59 AM.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

18. - Top - End - #18
    watchin_got_old
    Guest in the Playground

Much like my shiny new name might tell you, I am ready to step out of the shadows. (implied In)

Hope I don't get slaughtered, newb that I am

19. - Top - End - #19

Guess I'll sign up to this too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

20. - Top - End - #20

As it looks like my death is coming in two of the games I'm in, I'll join this one.

21. - Top - End - #21

Looks fun. In.
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

C'mon guys still need 3 but preferably 7 more players by Friday to make this game good to go! Tell your friends people!

Also in the day time when there are no war preparations going on I may have some events to keep the game going similar to the events that people point in blue for in other games.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Halfling in the Playground

Sounds good but I already have a few games and am away until the 23rd or so. If it started then...
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

24. - Top - End - #24

Ok, I'll play.
    Here are two good sites for Dragon Cave dragons.
    Spoiler
    Show

http://dusk.datavibe.net/draco/index.php
    http://www.sotidragon.net/

You just put your dragons on there and they'll get the clicks you need. And you can also click other people's dragons as well. I hope this helps.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

i am in therefore I am in
    thanks thelizard for the awesome avatar!!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Ok then thats just one more player needed for the minimum requirements to be fullfilled

JX I'll assume due to your time constraints that your not playing, I hope that this is wrong though! If not I'll probably run sequels if this goes well so you can play that.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

my friend will join in a minute
    thanks thelizard for the awesome avatar!!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm in. Sounds like fun.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

I haven't joineed a werewolf in forever, I'm in.
    Avy by Ink.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Ok guys that is the minimum amount of players reached! Seeing as I doubt we'll get 5 more players today (I'd like to start this game with a player count that is a multiple of five) I will end recruitment now instaed of tomorrow. Your role will be sent out shortly and then the treachery can begin!