New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Death Note Werewolf Game (ongoing)

Umm... I think its night so no pointing in red.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Ah, sir, we understand that the pressure might be getting to you, but please remember that we won't arrest anyone, unless you have proof they are Kira. And unfortunately, you word that wanting to be alive is not enough proof against being Misa cannot be used." The guard watched Shadowcaller until he went to sleep, before heading back outside to meet with the other guards.
    It was obvious that the guards were freaked out. "How did Kira get his name? Did someone get close enough to see through the mask for the face?" The guards shook their heads.
    "Perhaps Kira had meet with him before this happened, after all, Saint Nil knew about L's trap. As far as we know, he only had that guards name. Even if someone got internet connection, they would probably not get quite a few names right away."
    "Misa probably won't write our names down until it's obvious that the rest of the competition is taken out, so Mello and what's left of the police force and Yotsuba corp. They have about 1/9 chance of getting Misa, by pure probability, right?"
    "That's assuming none of the others had their names written, for all we know, four people might drop dead tonight. Though do not let anyone get close enough to look at your face. Remember that." The guards went back to their posts waiting, and listening, hoping that Misa would make a mistake and reveal their identity.

The guards knocked quietly, afraid that their last action would be to see everyone else dead. Could the guard have given Misa everyone's picture? Arriving at hap_hazard's room, the guard knocked and was freaked out when a loud thump was the only response. He quickly unlocked the door and rushed in, to his relief, a large book was on the ground, it fell from the bookcase. After making it back to the main area, everyone was still alive, perhaps Misa had gotten cold feet, or perhaps, something more sinster in mind.

Day 8 begins now, and will end in about 48 hours. As usual, people in narration are chosen by random whim. I don't think this warnings aren't needed, but if I didn't do this warning again, someone might try to read something into this.

Now of course, someone will, just to be obnoxious.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Soo.. no one died last night?
    Well I guess we should start this wagon against bayar then, since everyone seem to think he is the second most suspicious target right now. (after V.Z. that was killed)
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-08-14 at 12:47 PM.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

*points at bayar*

5. - Top - End - #305
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

I hate you guys.

I'd go with Reinholdt because I think he is Misa.

Reason 1:
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    ((Forgive me if I have trouble believing that. Randomly pointing at the same person the last two days in a row is a (1/17)*(1/18)=1/306 chance.

But that's an aside. For now I think we should ignore Freshmeat like Saint Nil suggests. Murska seems off, too. I'm pretty sure he sides with Freshmeat when there's logical logic involved. Besides, there are still two Kira's running around and they could have saved a name or two for later days.

I'm changing my point to Griever. He's been quietly under the radar.))
    So, Saint Nil says to ignore Freshmeat, and Murska seems off too. Saint Nil was Light. They both pointed at V.Z. . Probably Light already found one other Kira already and they plotted together. I think you are that kira (Misa). Why I think you are Misa? Because you pointed at Vampiric. Why I think that Vampiric and Saint Nil werent teaming up ? Because the death toll skyrocketed after Vampiric was lynched.

As for Exibit 2, I remember someone (you as I recall) wrote something in the lines: "I dont think Saint Nil is Kira..." but cant find the post ATM. Maybe it was edited/deleted. But I am sure that I read that.

As for why should you not lynch me:
    You dont know who to lynch so you just bandwagonise someone that had more votes in the past. That is not a preety solid tactic. If I was a Kira, i'd have probably killed off Raistlin, or Frigs, or Mordokai or Shadowcaller because they pointed randomly at me (that stuff pisses me off). Yeah, Freshmeat did get killed by Kira, but he was presumably more threatening than anyone with his bandwagonising points, so Kira just killed him.

Ah, **** it. All I am saying is dont kill me for ****s sake !
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

((I commend Bayar for using logic to try and figure this all out. However, despite my own convoluted logic attempts to find Misa, I can disprove most of his points.

When I referred to Freshmeat and Murska being off, I was referring to Kira control, which is usually indicated by death in the next night phase, as is what occurred.

Saint Nil then dies later to a Kira. The only Kira on the other team was Higuchi, which was Murska. They probably scried each other around the same time, and wrote each other in their books, one saying day tonight and the other saying die in two days or something convoluted like that.

I don't edit or delete my posts for anything but grammar, so I went back and looked, but didn't see anything mentioning I didn't suspect Saint Nil. In fact Saint Nil, Vampiric, and Freshmeat were on my most suspected list for a while. I voted against Saint Nil until the Vampiric bandwagon started and decided to go against him instead. The following threw me off the trail, though:

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    Everyone, Freshmeat was afraid of this, and that is why he told me to post this message if anything like this happened. He sent me this because of Recaiden's confimation of myself being an innocent. Please, we must avoid playing into the Kira's hands, and not point at V.Z. Also, Murska, please change your point. Unfortunatly, I have NO IDEA who to point at, with 2 of our seers gone, this game is taking a turn for the worse. The last thing we need to do is make it even easier for the Kiras.

EDIT-Following Reinholdt on this, Griever, will change if more evidence is given.
    Of course, now it seems obvious that Saint Nil probably controlled both Freshmeat and Murska and used them to appear innocent. If it wasn't for Murska killing Saint Nil, we may never have suspected him from then on. It was quite well done on his part.

All the same, I'm not Misa. However, looking back at your erratic voting record, repeatedly contradictory posts on separate days, attempt to look kira controlled after my post explaining kira controlled people were after me, and your two days of active on the thread but not voting, I find you quite the suspicious character Bayar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree bayar's record is just plain suspicious, unless he's a criminal, I find his voting record hard to explain.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

A new New York IC OOC

8. - Top - End - #308

Though quite a few of you stayed quiet, one had been accused of being Misa, bayar. He was taken into the holding area, everyone quietly listened hoping to find who he really was. Bayar announced, "Ryuuk, why don't you just kill us all, don't you wish to see more an excited game happen, if you leave just Misa alive then there would be no one left to oppose him." People were confused, wasn't Misa a girl's name? "What do you mean, you don't care? Are you trying to stop Light's dream? They are fools to deny Light's perfect plan, you can see that. Why don't..." His voice stops, one guard walks out, his helmet taken off, smiling at everyone. "We found Misa, he's dead, we stopped Kira, thank you everyone. Maeda Arata, John Tickner, L Lawliet left a message to say one of you two will take over as head of the NPA." One of those that had stayed quiet interrupted, Frigs walked up. "I am Mello, thank you everyone for avenging L's death. I assume the guards have more to say, but when you all leave, you will not tell anyone who else was in here with you, understand. There is always the chance another death note exists. Guards, burn the books. He smiled, he proved who the true successor of L was, and even though he didn't cause Near's death, he stood alone. Without the notebooks existing, no one could touch him. After walking out the door, everyone turned back to the guards for more information.
    "According to our list, everyone still alive were people L believed to be Kira, you all will be free to go, though some will be watched." As he stares at Free Hand. "Do not worry, Ryuuk left, and we are investigating the death notes, it does not look like anyone else will die from it. After the investigation, the books will be destroyed." A cheer erupted from the guards.

"Sir, I just indentified who Higuchi had killed before he was killed. He wrote Light to die five nights later and be unable to use his abilities against any boardmembers, Night 2 he wrote L's name to claim Mordokai as a criminal and then commit suicide after the vote, and then Night 4 wrote Szilard's name" A few of guards' composures were lost after that news. "to claim Saint Nil as Higuchi and then die a couple of nights later."

Congrads to all the surviving Anti-Kira, Mello, two NPA members, and Free Hand, the surviving Pro-Kira, you have won the game.

Any suggestions on how to make the game more balanced if I run it again, and/or if anyone wants to run/co-narrator another version of this game, let me know, preferably in thread, please.

I'm waiting on comments from Vampiric, bayar, and Saint Nil about if they're fine with me posting what and how they killed.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

If only EDK wouldn't have suicided on day 1... I wouldn't have had to kill Szilard and I'd have scried Bayar instead, getting the last kira.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Phew. We got it right. Yay! I seriously thought I was going to get scried and kira controlled after accusing Mordokai and revealing I was a power role (NPA). Sorry about that Mordokai.

Great game. Kira control makes it hard to trust anyone.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #311

I thought that was a great game. I didn't see any game breaks, though that was from my side of the game.

I'm definitely up for playing Death Note II!

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

12. - Top - End - #312
    Halfling in the Playground

Hurray! Good job, investigation team!

I haven't really seen any mistakes, aside from that the amount of Pro- and Anti-Kira could perhaps be evened out a bit more. 10 Anti-Kira and only 2 Pro-Kira seems a bit unbalanced to me (even though I was with the Anti-Kira myself). And adding other characters might be fun. Maybe naming some of the more prominent NPA members (like Soichiro, Matsuda or Aizawa), or adding Aber and Weddy, and possibly Takada. Oh, oh, or Demegawa! I have no idea how they would function in the game yet, but I thought I'd just bring it up as a suggestion. In any case, it was a really fun game and I'm definitely up for a second one. *nodnod*
    Spoiler
    Show

Behbeh Week Altime!
    Wiwa Wa Wevowushun!
    (Gweat Behbeh Week Wevowushun Motto by Wolfbane!)

Wonderful LGBTitP banner by Doiahaveaname?
    Butt kicking hamsterrific Minsc and Boo by Trazoi

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

I think there should be some more Yotsuba members. I was a bit confused about my win condition before you told me that I was supposed to have the criminals equal the others but I think that Yotsuba win condition should probably be something a bit different.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Zigmund Tyler removes his helmet, and takes off a vest, revealing an NPA badge reading Maeda Arata. He smirks to himself. Looks like we won, in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

15. - Top - End - #315

W00T! I'm the only surviving Anti-Kira? Seriously?

WEEEEE!!!!!

16. - Top - End - #316

Well I´m also kind of a anti-kira.

Edit: And with "kind of" I mean that I am a anti-kira.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-08-16 at 12:44 PM.

17. - Top - End - #317

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Well I´m also kind of a anti-kira.

Edit: And with "kind of" I mean that I am a anti-kira.
    *high-five*

18. - Top - End - #318

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    *high-five*
    This must be one of the few werewolf games I have been in that the villagers have won, so high five indeed.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-08-16 at 12:47 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319

Kobold

My first time being a warewolf. and it was a blast .

Although I wanted to be L...

20. - Top - End - #320
    Halfling in the Playground

Don't forget those who gave their lives; six Anti-Kira (including ME! ), one NPA member, L, and Near! Aw man, one day! Could Kira not have let me live for one more day?! I could have been the last minute martyr! The one victim fallen when victory was already attained! Ah well, ehm, ghostly high five I guess?
    Spoiler
    Show

Behbeh Week Altime!
    Wiwa Wa Wevowushun!
    (Gweat Behbeh Week Wevowushun Motto by Wolfbane!)

Wonderful LGBTitP banner by Doiahaveaname?
    Butt kicking hamsterrific Minsc and Boo by Trazoi

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, at least I got both Light and L! That's pretty well for a guy who's displayed in the anime as an utter retard.

And I only died cuz of RP reasons: Higuchi would have never written his own name into his death note.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

I wasn't originally NPA. I started out as Anti-Kira but got promoted by someone's auto-lynch. Mooncaller, I think.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm an anti-kira too, go us.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

24. - Top - End - #324

Yeah, to explain, the Pro-Kira were mostly there in case one of the Kira auto-lynched, then they would replace them, and with Reinholdt, I had him replace Moon_Called as NPA because she was off for a while. That also explains why Reinholdt help lynched Fleeing Coward, because at the time he wasn't NPA.

When the voting for the first day was going on, I was laughing, before everyone went after EDK, Saint Nil was on the lynch block, which would have made this game the second one I know of that the alpha died first.

bayar's killing record, Night 1 he scried Ganurath and had him say that EDK was right about Haruki-kun, Night 2 banjo1985 would point at Murska and then die Night 3, Night 3 Murska, Night 4 wrote Freshmeat_ had to point at V.Z., then wrote that Murska would back up Freshmeat_ vote. Night 5 wrote V.Z. name in to vote at Reinholdt the next two days, then die that night.

Vampiric's killing record, Night 1, Aemoh points at Murska randomly and dies the next night. Day 2, he asked for Ganurath name, but since was lynched never wrote anything, Night 3 Catseye2121 would accuse Shadowcaller of having death note, vote for who he wanted, then later change vote to Reinholdt, then day 5 vote again for Reinholdt before dying Night 5, and he was gunning for Reinholdt but the lynch got him.

Editted in. I was originally thinking about giving one of the Kira, a beast ability, and having someone like Matsuda be able to prevent it. It might be in the next game. Also the next game will be a sequel of sorts to this one. So some of the characters might come back. And perhaps one of the character will come back from the "dead".
    Last edited by Dragoon; 2008-08-16 at 03:14 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325

The Kiras played pretty well indeed. The problem is that truthfully, a game with 3 wolves makes it really hard on them, especially with no recruitments.

26. - Top - End - #326

The Kiras played pretty well indeed. The problem is that truthfully, a game with 3 wolves makes it really hard on them, especially with no recruitments.
    Yeah, I'm thinking for the next one to have the 4 Kira's on the same side and starting out knowing each other. It fits better with the next game idea.

27. - Top - End - #327

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking for the next one to have the 4 Kira's on the same side and starting out knowing each other. It fits better with the next game idea.
    I'd say 5 would be a little better.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Hehe. With all the kira controlled people thrown at me, I'm still curious why they didn't just scry me. *shrugs*

Kira control makes a game like this hard to balance, since the power of the ability is directly related to how it's used.

You could have the three base kira's know each other, and give the Yotsuba group one more person (maybe even two).
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #329

Kobold

Or you can have 3 base kiras that can give part of their death note's to other people, turning them into wolves. This should be balanced somehow: only the base kiras can do this and only once. If they give to a NPA/L/Near/mello, then they get busted.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Especially since 2 of them were killed by each other.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show