New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default An Acolyte's Dream (DarkHeresy)

Flanked by ten guards, you all enter a dark shady room. In the middle of the room sits a desk with a man clad in robes sitting at it, scribbling in a little book. As you enter, his head flicks up quickly.
    "Ah, the freshmen have arrived. Welcome to one of the most honorable jobs in the Imperium of man. As to whom I am, you are looking at Inquistioner Magnus Halbercht. Now, let's start easy. You can start by raiding this warehouse somewhere on Solomon. It's called Transpo-centra. Your job is to capture the leader of that warehouse-as in break into his office and arrest, not kill, arrest-and shut down the computers controlling the warehouse machines. Since this place transports weapons, you are to use caution. Recon shows that there are about fifty guards guarding the warehouse. Since you have a few people among you who aren't completely retarded, you can find your own way into it, how to shut it down, how to survive being shot at by 50 guards, and so on. Now get out of my room, your ship is waiting in hangar 2125. ETA is about two hours. Oh, and it's also your mission not to destroy anything. These products can prove very useful to the Inquisition. Come back with that man, or else don’t come back at all. Dismissed."

The guards lead you all out of the room and into the hangar, where a large craft is sitting and being loaded with crates. The guards bring you to the cafeteria and sit you down.
    "Good luck to you unlucky fools. The last three squads were completely wiped out. You'll be next," The guards leave the cafeteria laughing and their laughs disappear as the hangar bay opens and the door closes. The ship hums, and leaves the hangar bay.

After about hour, screams are heard from the cargo hold. A man runs into the cafeteria clutching his neck. He drops to the floor, writhing in pain and then became silent. As he died, several men enter the room with shotguns. They began barring the door, jamming it with anything they could find. Then, they flip a table and point their weapons towards the door. (initiative everyone :) ) And you can do one post of what your characters want to do)
    Last edited by zergling001; 2008-08-19 at 11:52 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: An Acolyte's Dream (DarkHeresy)

(1d10+4)[10]
    God Damnit, why cant we ever talk about things?
    Taking out his stub revolver Alaric then to pushes over one of the tables attempting to create a makeshift cover for the other acolytes and himself.
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-08-20 at 09:41 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

(1d10+3)[12]

"By the Emperor, can't I have just one uneventful trip."
    Zureal unshoulders his Lasgun and braces it against the edge of the table.
    Kurnoc Dragonborn Ranger

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Of course, you know, those other guards couldn'tve stuck around to help us, right? Yeah...Figures." said Jak as he crouched behind a table and followed the example of the other guards, and aimed his Autogun at the door.

"Who else wants to know what's in these crates? Just me?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: [roll0]
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2008-08-19 at 09:39 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    Grumble Grumble stupid roller...
    Initiative: (1d10+4)[8]
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Initiative: 4
    Reserved action: Spasm on entering Enemy: (1d10+6)[10] vs 7

Xavius' eyes narrow like dagger points at the door in silent menace from behind the wanting cover of a rough hewn table to the right of the main group, his expression as edged and vicious as the fatal blade of a Moritat. The air seems to waver slightly about the Psyker as he enters a peculiar meditation, his pointed gaze never once deviating from the barricaded portal. Suddenly he is gone, a twin image of the vanished Sanctionite spontaneously appearing approximately ten meters closer to the door in the open, further off to the right.

((The first Goon to enter before Xavius' next turn must test WP and succeed or fire on the nearest creature, probably a friendly, then fall down. Xavius is also under the effect of Distort Vision, and is invisible until his next turn, an illusory copy of him appearing 10 meters in front and to his left))

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Victor

Grabbing his shotgun from the holster strapped across his back, Victor aims his shotgun at the door, waiting.

Spoiler
    Show

Free Action: Draw Weapon (Shotgun)
    Half Action: Aim Weapon (Shotgun)
    Half Action: Delay

When the first enemy breaks through the door, Victor will fire off a shot from his shotgun.
    The Emperor Protects

Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

Of course you can click here and I explode.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

The door begins to shake as the unknown horror began to batter it down. The men ready their shotguns and move closer to the door, just as the PA sounds.

"We're being attacked! All personnel capable of weilding a weapon must report to the armoury and fall back towards the control room at once. Don't allow anything close to the armoury or we won't have any weapons. Make haste, for in five minutes, the entire ship will be quarantined and will have no power to all rooms other than the control room. May the Emperor protect you."

The guards step back from the door and fire a few rounds towards it, puncturing a few holes. The guards yelled in horror as they saw the monstrosity behind it, wishing they hadn't seen anything. The guards look towards the acolytes, arms shaking and begin in a shaky voice,

"We know the way to the armoury and the control room! Protect us please! we don't want to die!"

The door is battered down as three, four armed aliens leaped into the room, and charged towards the guards and acolytes, who stood no more than eight metres of them.

The unlucky aliens are caught between a barrage of fire from the acolytes and guards and they charge towards Xavius' false image,flailing their arms. As they run blindley towards the psyker's image, Jak fires towards the closest one, ripping off one of it's arms, (which drop to the floor) and hitting it's body.

Due to Xavius' spasm, the alien Jak just shot begins to attack its unsuspecting companion, ripping it's arm off in four swipes with its claws.

(Go Everyone)
    Last edited by zergling001; 2008-08-20 at 05:32 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Throne protect us! What the hell are those things?
    Alaric holds onto his Aquila necklace while aiming, praying to the Emperor before firing his revolver. The shot misses completely and his gun jams, Alaric drops his revolver and takes out his mono sword, turning his attention to the guards((since I'm completely useless....))
    Where is the control room, guard? And no man that dies in the Emperor’s service dies in vain, get yourself together.

Spoiler
    Show

1 attack, 1 move
    Attack Roll - (1d100)[100]
    Location - (1d100)[87]
    Damage - (1d100)[95]
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-08-20 at 09:48 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Distort Vision: (1d10+6)[9] vs 8
    Spasm on the closest alien in striking distance of another: (1d10+6)[13] vs 7
    Spasm on the alien beside it: (1d10+6)[7] vs 7

Without a word, Xavius unleashes another horrific torrent of psychic energy at two of the hapless opposition, a malevolent grin upon his ethereal countinence as the salvo of power confuses their eyesight and impells their muscles to another shock of terrible spasms whilst the psyker's illusory copy is maintained, mirroring his vicious expression. Such is the puissance of the psychic onslaught that the injured Xeno of their number is again seized by a wracking mutiny of its body ((If it's standing, otherwise the Difficulty of the 1st Spasm test increases by 10)).

Spoiler
    Show
    If the shot Xeno is standing, each Xeno must test WP or attack the closest target, then fall. Otherwise, the two Xenos closest to the illusory image must test WP, and the first test is at a +10 penalty. Distort Vision remains in effect.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Zuriel lets out a short burst of energy from his lasgun, striking one of the xenos square in the chest.

Spoiler
    Show

(d100)[44] against 54 (44 BS +10 for semi auto burst)

Hit is against one of the xenos that has not yet been hit
    Last edited by cRySTaL*NiNjA; 2008-08-20 at 11:50 AM.
    Kurnoc Dragonborn Ranger

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Don't forget to roll damage with your attack rolls people. Its easier than posting twice. And it doesnt matter if you missed, you still roll damage. Like this:

Attack (d100)[44]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[4]
    Where it hit: arm

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Sorry about that, he is my damage now, i'll include it in the future.

(1d10+3)[8]
    Kurnoc Dragonborn Ranger

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Victor

"In the name of the Emperor and his Holy Inquisition I condemn thy to death!" Victor shouts as he unleashes another blast from his shot gun at the closing xeno scum.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Action: Aim
    Half Action: Attack
    BS Test:[/ROLL]1d100[/ROLL] Need 64 or if close enough 84.
    The Emperor Protects

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Crap stupid roller.

BS Test:(1d100)[70]
    Damage:(1d10+4)[9]

If they are within point blank thats a head shot
    Last edited by Voth; 2008-08-20 at 11:13 AM.
    The Emperor Protects

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

The xenos charge towards their compatriot, with Xavius' spasm apparently having an effect on them. They rip apart their ally in a few swipes before falling to the ground, roaring and howling as they throw a terrible spasm. Zuriel and Victor both fire at the xenos, hitting them both as their rounds go right through their bodies. And to boot, the Imperial guards have begun to pump the xenos full of shotgun rounds. In a couple seconds, the conflict ended as soon as it had begun.

The guard wipes the sweat off his brow and salutes towards Alaric,
    "Yes sir, I have stepped out of line. it shan't happen again! I should have had better faith with the emperor!"

The others follow suit and pull out two dataslates. One contains a map, the other a list of the weapons in the armoury. The guards punch a few buttons on the map and wait as the dataslate begins to beep. A smooth voice begins from each data slate:

Dataslate 1:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Calculating position... position confirmed: Excrebus Amorius' East cafeteria. Beginning to list out routes towards the armoury and control room...

The Excrebus Amorius is connected by a series of hallways and rooms. Leaving the cafeteria will lead you to the main hallway. Turn right and proceed forward until a large blast door is in sight. Type in passcode 2046 and enter. This shall be the armoury. Details to the control room will be relayed once at destination.

Dataslate 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Accessing the Excrebus Amorius' military database...
    Access granted.

The Excrebus Amorius' armoury has a small variety of weapons, most of them las and solid projectile weapons.

Listing out all weapons:
    3 las pistols
    5 autopistols
    3 stub revolvers
    5 combat shotguns

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Victor

"Right! Lets get moving. I don't wan to be caught out here with these things."
    Victor says as he makes his way to the door, reloading his shotgun as he moves.
    The Emperor Protects

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

With his lasgun leveled in front of him, Zuriel begins to move down the hallway. As he comes to the junction with the main passageway he steps out to keep everyone covered as they pass towards the armory.
    Kurnoc Dragonborn Ranger

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Gunfire can be heard from the direction of the armoury. It would seem that the silent man who was with them earlier got there first, only to find that there were some Xenos in the way. He's taken cover near the armoury door, and is snapping off shots at the Xenos with an antique hunting rifle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry bout the wait. I'll be taking the time to aim here, so that's an extra ten on my chances to hit, plus another ten for being an accurate weapon and a further ten for the laser sight. meaning anything under 73 is golden. Now let's see if I remember how to use the forum roller.

(1d100)[64] To hit
    (1d100)[73] Where to hit
    (1d10+3)[11] Damage.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Xavius gladly takes a position at the centre of the formation moving towards the armoury, his tattered black cloak billowing silently in the traversal, eyes skitting rapidly about the area, alert and vigilant before suddenly closing as the psyker enters what seems a standing meditation.

(1d100)[62] vs 52 Psyscience to detect psychic phenomena/psychically active creatures.

(1d100+10)[41] vs 52 Psyscience to detect nearby hidden creatures.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"I really want to know what's in these crates." Jak said manically. As he got up from behind the table. Jak was one of the last ones to leave the room.

Taking a rear position, Jak walks backwards with his Autogun drawn on the corridor behind them.

Spoiler
    Show
    If I need it;
    Awareness: (1d100)[71] vs. 50
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

22. - Top - End - #22

Alaric walks near the back preaching zealously to the guards but actually trying to nudge the direction of the conversation into the subject of the aliens. He tries to pry out whatever the guards know with an inquiry check.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Inquiry - (1d100)[14] Needs to be under 50!!
    This will only work if i have a few minutes and could be cut down by how many degrees of sucess? its up to you.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

The guards shake their heads towards Alaric as they hurry towards the armoury,
    "We're just guards. We don't know anything much other than waht's in those crates. What's in those crates you say? Well, they're some data slates, techno stuff. Nothing much important. But, there are some books there too, being shipped to Transpo Centra. Sorry sir, that's all I know."

As the acolytes arrive at the armoury, they meet Asanti, who had left the room earlier, firing at the incoming xenos. Around him are thirteen men, eight still alive, and five lying on the ground, missing arms, legs, and more. Asanti fires at a xeno, hitting in the leg, sending blood streaming out of the wound. Xavius concentrates hard as he attempts to channel the powers of the warp but fails as the warp closes on him unexpectantly.

Looking towards the Xenos, the acolytes spot five xenos, each in the proccess of ripping a guard to pieces. The guards fire at them, hitting each one in the arm and body, sending chitinous plates and flesh flying.

(initiative and turns people)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Victor

Running to the closest Xeno, Victor brings his shotgun to the creature's head and pulls the trigger.
    The Emperor Protects

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d10+3)[9]
    Distort Vision: (1d10+5)[6] vs 8
    Spasm on closest Xeno: (1d10+5)[6] vs 7
    Spasm on next closest Xeno: (1d10+5)[6] vs 7

Attempting to focus his thoughts with an swift invocational chant, Xavius lashes out at the two closest Xeno scum, though his power fizzles, mind clearly perturbed by the surprising scene, his concentration momentarily shattered.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d10+4)[9]
    Half Action: Move into doorway
    Other Half: Shoot
    To Hit: (1d100)[91] vs. 53 (43+10 Short Range)

HitLoc: (1d100)[55]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[9]

Jak enters the room and levels his autogun at one of the aliens and fires a shot at one of them. They all look the same to him.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Victor fires, the xeno makes no attempt of dodging his shells, instead ripping the guard he was attacking in half. It's head blows up, sending blood, brains and flesh in every direction. Victor attempts to dodge the blood (Agility test dude) to avoid it getting into his eyes.

Xavius attempts to manifest three powers and fails epiclly, failing each and every single one of the manifestations.

Jak fires his auto gun in hopes of hitting a xeno but his burst of fire misses his target, instead hitting one of the guards being attacked by the xeno, ending the pain he was going through. His lifeless body drops to the floor in a pool of blood.

The guards proceed to open the door, firing at the xenos from behind Asanti while typing the pass code. The door hisses as it opens, revealing a squad of five stormtroopers, suiting up and arming up with shotguns. They look towards the blast door, and storm out it, yelling to the acolytes,
    "They need you at the control room! We'll deal with this one." With that, the storm troopers charge towards the incoming xenos, firing their shot guns as they ran.

The guards gesture to the acolytes and arm up. Then, they leave the armoury and turn towards the control room.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Asanti nods and shoulders his rifle. There was little he needed from the armoury, but an extra power pack or two for his laspistol wouldn't go amiss. If they don't have those, he'll have to settle for what he's got with him, following the others as they head to the control room.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Finally, some proper armaments. A shame there's no body armour to substitute for my rags...

Wordlessly, Xavius picks out and loads an autopistol, las pistol and combat shotgun with surprising haste, securing the armaments to the straps and holsters situated around the circumference of his robe's utility belt. He then quickly flits about scrounging enough ammunition for 6 reloads of each weapon, distributing the cache amongst the manyfold pouches ringing his waist. Finally, prior to leaving for the control centre, the psyker neatly draws his newly acquired machine pistol, deactivating the safety with an ominous click that faintly echos throughout the tense ambiance of the armoury. Relatively unprotected and vulnerable, Xavius is careful to remain behind his more armoured companions as they march ahead.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Victor

Grabbing one of the combat shotguns in the armory, Victor quickly loads it up and continues to the control room.
    The Emperor Protects