New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: An Acolyte's Dream (DarkHeresy)

Zuriel tosses one of the guards his pump action shotgun and takes up a combat shotgun. "Now this is what I call a weapon," he says as he fills it with ammo and collects additional ammo. When he is done he begins to move towards the corridor leading to the command center.
    Kurnoc Dragonborn Ranger

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alaric quickly grabs a handful of rounds for his revolver and another revolver. Alaric gestures for the guards to lead the way towards the command center.
    Can we get a move on it please?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

The guards lead the acolytes towards the Control room but as they arrive at the control room, the signs of a fight were apparent. On the ceiling, were the vents with a few plates ripped apart. Twenty guards and other crew members lay on the floor, either dead or dying.

"Looks like they came through the vents those buggers. How horrible," A guard says as they walk past the carnage. They kneel and begin to strip the bodies of their armor and ammunition.

(Players can post what they want to do ex. salvage weapons, armor, ect, and also must roll initiative and make a perception check(awareness), and a psyniscience for detecting psionics for Xavius the psyker).
    Last edited by zergling001; 2008-08-22 at 05:22 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Asanti stands back and looks around. It was not his way to strip the corpses of the fallen for supplies, especially not if they were killed by something other than him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, so rolling...
    (1d100)[68] for Awareness, which I have trained. I need 32 or less to pass if this isn't sight based, and 42 or less if it is. Heightened senses, y'know.

and (1d10+3)[8] for initiative.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Jak searches the dying guards, for any pieces of usable armour that he might be able to salvage. "What? It's not like they need it..." Jak adds as one of the guardsmen looks at him.
    That done, Jak searches the control room for any sort of communications device, or any piece of circuitry that he might be able to sell later. Scavengers have to make a living, and, as what the Inquisition like to call an 'indentured servant' (although, Jak usually heard that as 'prisoner' or 'slave'), the Inquisition hardly ever paid Jak anything. Jak had to make his own way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness: (1d100)[65] vs. 50
    Search: (1d100)[28] vs. 20

Initiative: (1d10+4)[12]
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2008-08-22 at 07:59 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

6. - Top - End - #36

Alaric looks around. He immediately moves a few large heavy objects to block the doors. He also looks around for a computer if there is one.
    "Hey guards, anyway we can close the ships vents? Also we need those doors sealed."

Spoiler
    Show
    Per - (1d100)[29]
    [roll=Initiative]1d10+4[roll]<<<< Failed to actually roll, look in OOC thread ill put another post there.

If i can i will fiddle around with a computer in an attempt to seal off doors or the vents, i have tech use.
    Tech use - (1d100)[23]Needs to be under 29+ any modifiers.
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-08-22 at 09:27 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

The dying guard groans as Jak searches the body, finding a piece of battered a battered bodypiece of flak armor.(AP -1 though) A guard tells Jak to stop after he retrieves the body piece.
    "Sir, with all due respect, that man is still alive. You should ease off on him. anyway, this control room is too quiet. Something's wrong."

Asanti stands motionless at the back of the group, watching disgusted at Jak.

Alaric enters the control room, finding a main computer with dried up blood all over it. Accessing the blast doors, he closes them. As well, Alaric shuts down the vents, which hiss before sputtering dead. Meanwhile, Alaric heats something above him, in the vents. Something heavy. Claws clanking on the metal plates of the vent. And fresh blood, dripping from the plates.

(alright, go everyone, AND surprise round for Ray and Surrealistik, as the xenos don't know they are aware.)
    Last edited by zergling001; 2008-08-22 at 11:28 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

((Wait, can I get my psyniscience and awareness checks for a surprise round?))

Paying respect to the dying and injured, Xavius takes careful precaution to restrict his scavenging to the dead, confirming that eternal status by dutifully checking for psychic eminations. Life may indeed be cheap in the body of the Imperium, but he was nothing if not a compassionate man, firm and resolute in the belief that all earnest servants of the God Emperor deserved the utmost dignity and respect, especially those given to sacrifice. He was loathe even to loot the fallen, though prudence and circumstance sadly compelled as much of him, and he was not above (or beneath for that matter) the persuasions of reason. He looks especially hard for some form of armour to substitute for his cloth vestments, though is keen to procure as much useful gear as he can comfortably manage to carry.

As the group approaches the control room, having equipped and prepped whatever salvage he was able to recover, the psyker is suddenly assaulted by a forboding feeling, menace sitting heavy in the blood scented air, danger almost palpable to his extradimensional senses. He closes his eyes, and reaches out to the perturbations of the warp, attempting to gauge the nature and size of the unseen threat.

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Psyniscience check to detect psychic creatures/phenomena: (1d100)[63] vs 33
    Psyniscience check to detect hidden creatures: (1d100+10)[57] vs 33
    Awareness check: (1d100)[6] vs 17
    Initiative: (1d10+3)[9]
    Distort Vision: (1d10+5)[10] vs 8
    Reserve action: Spasm on closest Xeno: (1d10+5)[14] vs 7

Surprise Round:

His fears having been all but ascertained, the Sanctionite braces on one knee, his autopistol aimed squarely at the dripping ceiling vents as he squeezes off a shot. As the dying echo of the bullet circulates throughout the control room, Xavius relegates himself to more familiar actions, striking a pose of utter concentration as the machinations of the Warp blur the space around him, wiping all visual proof of his existance, only to later project his own renewed image into the vents above.

Following Round:

Spoiler
    Show
    Full-Auto burst and Distort Vision rolls made in Roll thread

His image serving to keep the Xenos distracted, Xavius winces momentarily to maintain his illusory double, before unleashing a roaring torrent of bullets at the concealed aliens, several striking their mark as otherwordly shrieks issue from beyond the perforated, bloodsoaked metal.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

At the first sign of trouble, Asanti draws his laspistol and cracks off a shot at the nearest hostile. He's beginning to hate this ship, and very much wants to be back on solid ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Close quarters here, and the rifle is more of a long range weapon. The pistol will have to do.

(1d100)[76] need less than 43, unless I have time to aim with a half action. Then it's 53.

(1d10+1)[10] compact weapon, so only +1 to damage.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

10. - Top - End - #40

Unable to think of any practical way of fighting them while there in the vents. Alaric pulls out his chainsword and climbs onto the console.
    "Get ready to shoot!"
    He yells before activating the chainsword and trying to rip open a hole big enough to actually shoot through and hopefully to small for the aliens to fit through.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Alaric deactivates his chainsword and then runs back. Once he reaches the safety of the other acolytes he throws down his chainsword ripping off one of the dead guards belt looking for something a grenade or something.
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-08-22 at 03:02 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Zuriel aims his combat shotgun on the spot Alaric rips open, ready to unleash a torrent of shellfire on the first inhuman thing to appear in the opening.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry about the lateness of my rolls.

(d10+3)[12] Initiative
    (d100)[22] against 32 for Perception
    Last edited by cRySTaL*NiNjA; 2008-08-22 at 04:05 PM.
    Kurnoc Dragonborn Ranger

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Victor

Aiming at the now opened spot in the vents, Victor waits to fire until he sees his target.
    The Emperor Protects

Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

Of course you can click here and I explode.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Alaric cuts through the vent, a xeno leaps out, cutting the vent to shreds. but this one was different. It had two arms only, but on it's back were two scythes. As well, this xeno had a tail with a spine on the tip.

It dodges Xavius' single round and proceeds towards him. A true terror, the xeno shrugs off the spasm and apparently is not affected by Xavius' illusory image. The xeno is then fired upon, dodging two of the three shots fired at it. As the autopistol round hits the xeno, it punctures its plates and into it's body. As Xavius concentrates, the air around him fizzles as he senses a small usage of psychic abilities before the warp closes on him. He has suceeded only in finding out if warp was used, but not where or when it was used.

Asanti fires, completley missing the xeno and hitting a panel, which hisses. his round ricochets off the panel, hitting the main computers keyboard, rendering a few buttons useless.

Alaric finds that the belt is surprisingly heavy. Inside are a krak grenade and five clips of autopistol rounds. His chainsword sputters before completely deactivating,

Victor fires his shotgun at the xeno, hitting it in the already hit body. (roll damage too, please dont forget to do that with the attack roll, even if it doesnt hit-Destro, keep up what you're doing-youre my example)

Zuriel fires his new found weapon (BUT, I have no idea if you even hit the xeno, and if you did, how much damage you did, so I'll have to edit this post later).

The guards yell in surprise and fire their weapons at the xeno, hitting it twice in the leg and once in the arm.
    "What in the world are these things? Better yet, where's the captain of the ship? Oh, throne protect us!"

The xeno looks towards Xavius, then to Alaric. Seeming to pick it's target, the xeno charges straight towards Alaric roaring in pure anger.
    (Ray, make two reactions, and if you want, fate, and anything you want)
    The xeno attacks three times, twice with it's two arms, and once with its tail.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Distort Vision: (1d10+5)[14] vs 8
    Full Auto Burst at point blank range: (1d100)[53] vs 83
    Damage on any hits will be rolled in the roll thread

Remaining poised and braced, his expression maintaining a veneer of calm, the psyker again pauses momentarily to maintain his concealment before blasting the Xeno with another deadly point blank spray of lead, the barrel of his autopistol becoming hot with the repeated discharges, a thin wisp of smoke issuing from the end as his burst concludes. When at last the thundering weapon settles, Xavius seems to look about as though addled, confused, and not quite himself...

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show

My bad again, still catching up to the speed for this game.

(d100)[40] against 74 to hit (44BS +10 for semi-auto burst and +20 for full round aim)
    (1d10+4)[12] damage
    Hit the left arm with a second hit to the arm again for over 2 degrees of success
    Last edited by cRySTaL*NiNjA; 2008-08-23 at 04:33 PM.
    Kurnoc Dragonborn Ranger

16. - Top - End - #46

Alaric looks around before pulling the pin on the grenade.
    "For the Emperor!"
    Alaric yells before the alien reaches him. He waits to the last moment, only throwing the belt once the aliens about to attack. Desperately he tries to jump out of the way.
    Spoiler
    Show

Ummm... to hit with the grenade
    Belt with Krak Grenade - (1d100)[93] point blank please? or an instant hit XD
    if i fail i'll spend a fate point and ill post that in OOC
    Dodge - (1d100)[89] need under 30 -/+ modifiers
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-08-23 at 08:42 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    Semi-Auto Burst: (1d100)[100] vs. 63, if there's a size modifier, add that too.
    HitLoc 1: (1d100)[88]
    HitLoc 2: (1d100)[73]
    HitLoc 3: (1d100)[16]

Damage 1: (1d10+3)[10]
    Damage 2: (1d10+3)[7]
    Damage 3: (1d10+3)[8]

Weapon Jam!

"What in the Void is that!? Jak yells as he opens fire on the montrosity. Until, he hears the ominous click that tells Jak that his autogun isn't working.
    "Damn!"
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2008-08-23 at 06:33 PM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Stop talking and fight. It figures that the first thing Asanti says to anyone is a reprimand. The large dark man is not at all the friendly type. For his part he's still cracking off shots at the Xenos, though his laspistol doesn't hold much ammo.

Spoiler
    Show
    definitely aiming this time, so...

(1d100)[66] 53 and under will hit and do...
    [roll]1s10+1[/roll] damage.

blast it, missed again. I need a laser sight on this thing. Won't bother fixing the damage roll, cause it missed anyways...
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2008-08-23 at 09:57 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Victor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Damage from previous round:[ROLL}1d10+4[/ROLL]

"In his glorious name we shall not fall!" Victor yells as he charges forwards with his combat shotgun and puts it against the xeno's head. "Foul creature of the warp!" Victor crys out as he pulls the trigger.

Spoiler
    Show
    BS Test:(1d100)[10]<74
    Damage:(1d10+4)[13]
    2 Degrees:(1d10+4)[5]
    4 Degrees:(1d10+4)[14]
    The Emperor Protects

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Alaric throws the grenade, it hits the large xeno, ripping apart a limb, and to boot, Victor has run up to the alien, putting the shotgun to it's head. Asanti has just missed the xeno, but Victor has a clear hit, and blows the xenos head off, sending a shower of blood and ooze in every direction

(God, I hate that shotgun of yours)

the guards scream as the blood flies into their eyes and clothes.
    "MY EYESSSSS!".

They stumble around, firing their shotguns randomly towards the surrounding area. a few shells hit a wall, which turns out to be a door. As the guards recover, they stare down and through the door. As they do so, a bolt of fire hits one of them in the chest.

A man dressed in chain coat walks out with two squads of stormtroopers, preparing to fire again.

"DIE IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR! Stupid Xeno...wait-who the hell are you guys?"

The guards stumble backwards in surprise. Then they salute.

"guards sir. and a few inquisitioners. Sorry for the surprise captain."

The captain looks towards Xavius, clearly noticing the power of the warp within him.

"I'm going to need you boy. And all of you, but especially you."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Victor

Victor, covered in the brain matter of not one but two xenos salutes the captain. "In his glorious name I shall help in whatever way I can, sir!"
    The Emperor Protects

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Zuriel quickly stands at attention as the captain enters the command center. He then begins to clean his weapons and himself, while reciting a portion of the Imperial Creed to himself, "Mankind stands upon the brink; on the one hand lies a realm of unimaginable power, on the other awaits darkness, death and utter damnation. Only those that follow the guiding light of the Emperor may save their souls." When he finishes he reloads his combat shotgun and addresses the captain, "Is there a need for us to do a sweep of the ship for additional xenos, sir?
    Kurnoc Dragonborn Ranger

23. - Top - End - #53

Alaric looks around the room, he also grabs another krak grenade from the belt of a dead guard.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Jak unjams his weapon, but, otherwise stays quiet.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

((Going to assume the mind swap wore off))

Xavius offers the Captain a terse bow and salute, mind and motions alike still jittery and unsettled with the fresh, turbid memory of his Warpspawned trauma.

"It will be both my pleasure and honour to serve good Captain. What would you ask of this humble Sanctionite?"

26. - Top - End - #56

Alaric realises the captains there and drops the looted grenade quickly.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Asanti simply nods and holsters his pistol. They all served as best they could, and he was no different.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

the captain smiles at the acolytes determination. Then his face hardens up again.

"Sanctionate, I require you the most because of a reason. You are the only man alive on this ship that has the power of the warp. I will need you to help us navigate this ship, testing your power. 3 times we will require your strength and help. are you up to the job? (This means Xavius has to succeed 3 psyniscience checks with a +10 bonus because of renewed faith in the emperor and captain and the will to live of course...dont worry, he can still make usual turns)'
    'As well, I will need the rest of you to keep guard. Cleric, you must strengthen the minds and hearts of everyone here.(Fellowship tests every round of battle...+10)'
    'As for the rest of you, duty calls. You shall bolster the ranks of my guards. Get ready. I sense they are near."

The captain pulls out a powersword and moves to a room. within minutes, he returns, dressed in power armour. He nods to his guards, who begin barring doors with anything they could find. Then, they stand, weapons at the ready towards them, praying to the emperor that nothing would happen.

(Players make a few posts-and Alaric and Xavius, make your first tests.)

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Asanti spends a few moments quietly admiring the captain's power sword. That was the sort of weapon that one did not see often, and the craftsmanship is, no doubt, something to respect.

His face remains expressionless, however, and after that brief pause he simply unslings his rifle and checks how many rounds were left. There are three. That ought to do it. Trusting in his better than average eyesight to keep him appraised of any new threats, he takes up a guarding position near Xavius.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Xavius nods to the officer.

"As you will it good Captain. In the name of the Emperor, I shall strive to deliver your ship unto salvation."

Complying with a bow and salute, the psyker enters a pensive, focused meditation, gathering the myriad perturbations of the warp unto himself, his mind straining to contact the blessed Astronomicon; guiding light of the God Emperor, holy unifier of man and binder of the Imperium.

Rolls:

Spoiler
    Show
    Psyniscience Check: (1d100)[94] vs 43