New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Ultimate Kaos II: Attack of the Epileptic Koans! [game started, recruiting wait l

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Detrevni was day-baned that day. He had specifically requested it and said it was the only way to follow through with a plan he had.

I was both naive and confused throughout this game.
    my plan being to use you as proof of my innocence to the many scriers and try to find out who to kill.

Didn't work very well but hey
    If I hadn't made that one idiot move with the PM....*grumble*

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Ultimate Kaos II: Attack of the Epileptic Koans! [game started, recruiting wait l

Since everyone is spilling their guts about their roles, I'm closing the floor to new guesses about the winners. Feel free to continue trying to figure out what was going on. Once I finish writing up the final narration, I'll explain everything.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

3. - Top - End - #243

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    I dunno about the rest of you, but I was a villager, one of the regular ones, which were like the werewolves in this game or something according to the role description.
    I suspected that...

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

I was 'The Bodyguard' and was supposed to protect someone. Basically I was the baner but couldn't bane myself.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #245

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

I was the Day-Baner, of course. I was supposed to protect someone and was basically the Day-Baner, and couldn't protect myself.

I had that yelling contest with Murska early in the game because he was asking about the guy I was looking for and I thought he was supposed to kill him.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground

*bump*

We'd like an explanation for the madness, please!

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

7. - Top - End - #247

Default Re: Ultimate Kaos II: Attack of the Epileptic Koans! [game over!!!]

Lord Magtok paced back and forth in the meeting room, now empty save for him. It wasn't supposed to have ended this way, dammit! They were trying to save the town from wolves, and… and they had become what they were trying to fight, that was all there was too it. They had all started out with noble sentiments. Recaiden and Detrevni… they had both given their lives for the cause. But who next –
    "Aaaargh!" screamed a voice from outside.
    "Wait, what? What happened?" Magtok ran outside, to see the body of Vampiric on the ground, clutching shards of ruby. Reinholdt and Shadowcaller were gone. And Magtok sat down, in the middle of the village… alone.

Lord Magtok and Recaiden were Villagers. Detrevni was the Fool. All three were part of Team Villager.
    Each night, Team Villager selects a target to kill, and the Fool selects a target to scry (which is, unknown to him, only 30% accurate). Team Villager starts the game knowing all its members, and it wins the game when it's members outnumber the rest of the players.

Vampiric's shade floated over his body. "Darnit! I was so close, too, and now I'm dead."
    YES. YES YOU ARE.
    Vampiric spun around. "Who are you?"
    I'M A 7-FOOT TALL SKELETON WITH A BLACK ROBE AND A SCYTHE. WHO DO YOU THINK I AM?
    Vampiric considers this for a moment. "My sister?"
    CLOSE, BUT NO CIGAR.
    "Look – I have to get more items, so I can avenge Jontom Xire and Pirate Monk!"
    THAT WILL NOT, I THINK, BE A PROBLEM ANY LONGER. With a swing of his scythe, Death separates Vampiric's shade from his body.
    Vampiric slowly begins to fade away. "Um… can I have your scythe? Please?"
    … NO.

Vampiric, Jontom Xire, and Pirate Monk were Thieves and members of the Thieves' Guild. Each night, the Thieves vote on who to steal from. If a Thief would be stolen from, he is instead put in contact with the first person who voted for him to be stolen from. The Thieves' Guild wins the game once it, as an organization, has four or more items.

The werewolf scout padded back to the Alpha. "It's bad, sir."
    "How bad are we talking here?"
    "Well, sir… everyone's gone."
    "So we're too late?"
    "Yeah. And that's not the worst of it." The scout drags a corpse from the shadows.
    "Oh you're kidding me," said the Alpha, as he stared at the dead Devil. "The Archdevils are going to murder us. I mean, the only reason we were supposed to be here was to keep this guy alive!"

Catseye was the Devil (as per the standard WW role). He wins with the Werewolves.
    The Werewolves win if the Devil survives until the end of the game. There were no werewolves.

The ghosts of the CKC floated through the village. "Well, we had a good shot at it, eh?" said Mustiado.
    "Yeah," said lamech. "We almost had it there."
    "Too bad GAThraawn couldn't make it," added Griever.
    "Wait a second," said Mustiado. "Griever? How did you know that GAThraawn was a member of the CKC?"
    "Well… he told me so."
    "Oh yeah, like that's a reliable method of identification."
    "No, look! He gave me his ID card!" Griever dug around in his pocket for a moment. "Ah! Here we go!" He pulled out a rectangle of cardboard. On it, scrawled in crayon, were the words, Im tHe cKC. "See? Nothing to worry about."
    "GRIEVERRR!"

Mustiado and lamech were Members of the CKC. Each night they choose one person to scry, and a role to disguise themselves as. Griever was the CKC Initiate. He was told he was a Member of the CKC, but his scry is a fool's scry, and his disguise is randomized.
    The CKC wins the game if one of their members sends in the roles of all surviving players. However, if they get it wrong, that player is eliminated.

GAThraawn strolls out of the town, swinging his pendant back and forth. "Hah! I showed those murderers what's what!"
    *Krrrrrkh*
    "Huh?" GAThraawn pulls the radio from his pocket. "Hello? Who's there?"
    "Thank heavens, GAThraawn! I've been trying to get in touch with you for days!"
    "Uch, Mom. What is it this time?"
    "I've been trying to tell you about a pair of bodyguards that I was sending to help you out."
    "Bodyguards? I didn't see any bodyguards! All I saw was a pair of assassins."
    "Oh dear. Well, are you sure you didn't see either one? They would have been following you? Menacing looking, to repel attackers? Codenames Fullbladder and Murska?"
    GAThraawn blinks twice, and then pulls the wallets out of his pocket that he took from his assailants. Inside them are a pair of membership cards, made out to Murska and Lord Fullbladder, to the Bodyguard's Union.
    "Sure let's go with that."
    "What's that supposed to –"
    "Kay! Love you Mom! Bye!"
    *click*

Murska was the Bodyguard and Lord Fullbladder was the Day Baner. Each night, they chose another player to night bane or day bane, respectively. If they chose each other or the Martial Artist, they would be informed of said person's affiliation (as protectee or fellow bodyguard). They win the game if the Martial Artist survives.
    GAThraawn was the Martial Artist. Each night, he chooses a player to scry – and will be informed if the scried person is one of his targets. Once every three nights, the Martial Artist may attempt to kill the person they are scrying with a 75% chance of success. The Martial Artist wins (and leaves) the game once the Bodyguard and the Day Baner are dead.

"Well done." Shadowcaller and Reinholdt stand in front of The Boss, nervously shuffling their feet (as people are wont to do when being complimented by a superior). "You two managed to far exceed expectations. The two of you managed to eliminate both of the intelligent artifacts. Bravo!"
    "Well, we certainly worked for it," said Reinholdt.
    "I can see that. And not only that, there were – how many extra casualties did you say there were?"
    "Zero, sir."
    "What?" asked Shadowcaller. "No casualties? But what about – OW! My foot!"
    "You'll have to excuse my partner. He's suffering from a bout of excess stupidity, and we'll have to go…"
    "Well, what do you mean, no casualties?"
    "I mean, no casualties."
    "Oh, so it's the sort of no casualties where you want people to think there were no casualties where actually there were – OW!"

Shadowcaller was the Special Victims Unit Interdictor (voider), and Reinholdt was the Special Victims Unit Detective (seer). The SVU wins the game once it eliminates (by having a member on the bandwagon of the holder) the Ruby Rose and the Amythest Violet.

Congratulations to Reinholdt, Shadowcaller, and GAThraawn for winning the game!
    Congratulations to Fullbladder for guessing the winners!
    Congratulations to Magtok for being the only other surviving player!
    Congratulations and thanks to everyone for playing through this game!

Whew, game over at last. I hope the effort I put into this post (and this game as a whole) really shows through.
    If anyone has any questions about night actions and items and such, post them here. I'll probably be throwing in my narrator's commentary later, when I have some more time, and I'll give the requested night action and item info them.
    See you all in Ultimate Kaos III!
    Last edited by Uncle Festy; 2008-10-23 at 09:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

8. - Top - End - #248

What?! We were tring to keep him alive, and he was trying to kill us? That's crazy!

Nice.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Fullbladder's awesome.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow. We won? Wow. I thought for sure we screwed it up when we killed Vamp and the game was declared over (we being unable to stop the night kill and such). Yay!

And yeah. Trying to keep alive the person who's trying to kill you? That is crazy.

The end narration was well worth the wait Festy. Well done. (Heh. No casualties!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

... I fail to see how we had much of a chance, we had no real way of knowing that we had a fool mixed in... and even then how would we conclude if it was a disguise or a who had the false scry. Still it was very fun while it lasted, I just think the win condition was a little harsh with a fool mixed in. ( I suppose if we had thought of a fool, but I neither of any of us three did think of it.)

Secondly, would the bodyguards win since GAthraawn didn't die... and the devil didn't even know the win condition of the WW or therefore himself.

Thirdly, I think we should all try to figure out how we could all win in the next games. I was doing my best to make sure everyone would win, with the main pressure on me winning of course, but everyone I contacted I was trying to help win...

It was very fun, but I think the win conditions were harsh for a couple of people.
    Last edited by Lamech; 2008-10-23 at 10:07 PM.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Hey! Me and Fullbladder did keep GAThraawn alive!
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh, by the way - everyone who got told I was a thief and how the role worked, that was courtesy of me, and the info was, of course, false

Also, was there only 4 items in the whole game? Dagnabbit!

Oh, and the Night Kill that wasn't Team Villager's or the Martial Artist's came via the Ruby Rose. I would've used it, except it would then be passed onto a random person, and seeing as the Thieves had to get all the in-game items, I wasn't about to let it go

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

13. - Top - End - #253

Hurray! We won!
    I was not expecting that really, as Reinholdt said we thought the villager-wolfs were supposed to win that one.

But then Vampiric said he was a thief and since thiefs steal things like items we decided to kill him instead.

14. - Top - End - #254

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Hey! Me and Fullbladder did keep GAThraawn alive!
    Yes, but as soon as he killed us he left the game.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fullbladder's awesome.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

If he wouldn't have killed us, someone would've killed him before the game end so he wouldn't have survived!
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256

Good point.

What's your take on this, Boss-Man Fest?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fullbladder's awesome.

17. - Top - End - #257

This, actually.
    Darnit, how does Fullbladder keep on guessing right in this game? There's guessing the winners, there's this post:
    Of course, there's always the possibility that the Devil was on the town's side, and we've just handed another victory over to the bad guys.
    If I didn't know better, I'd say Fullbladder was reading my mind?
    … You're not, are you?

*flees thread*
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258

Whoah.

Kinda freaked out over here.
    Last edited by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins; 2008-10-25 at 12:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fullbladder's awesome.