New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War 2125

1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War 2125

80 percent, $1,000 to each dead soldiers family, and an apology.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

2. - Top - End - #662
    Orc in the Playground

Shortly after the first bombs begin falling on Chinese ships, heavy cloud cover begins to form. The dense clouds obscure both the SEATs and the Chinese fleets from view, making bombing difficult and inaccurate.

Many landing pads are destroyed eliminating a large amount of SEATs space capability. The bombings wont however be able to stop SEATs planes with vertical takeoff and landing capabilities.

Message from Tsar Gern to NUN
    Spoiler
    Show

"Ok, I know that you know that I know that you all know the chance of us engineering a biological attack like that is minimal, so whoever did it, could you wither please stand up or make a private donation"

That is hardly an apology. If the NUN cannot even get its own members to admit to their wrong doings than it is no better than the old decrepit United Nations. Either Solaris make a formal apology or I withdraw my support form the NUN.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

to Tsar Gern
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you accept proof of their innocence instead? if they are guilty, I can assure you, you have my full support, otherwise we'll tell you who's responsible.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree with the Russian. Solaris made Mecca into a crowded cesspit to advance their military, then have the audacity to blame the LUSA. They conduct minimal diplomacy, then ask for NUN help when at war.

Well, they've gotten their often expressed wish. I'm happy to tell you UDF peacekeepers are en-route. Though the Solarian might be surprised.

We're going to stay there. We're not going to be fighting SEATS, the LUSA or anyone unless they attack first. Our brief in this matter is to protect the civilians. Nothing more.

If we did, we'd be taking sides after all. And the investigation would be biased

Mina Horrenson winked as she leaned back in her council chair

Soon, although with sufficient warning to the authorities, UDF transport begins to show up at the holy cities. Trucks from Greece begin to arrive, chocked with food for the population and tools for the sanitation system.

The UDF knew that this would be a tricky one diplomaticly, and are on best behavior. They are quiet, polite to residents, and answer questions fully. They do go armed though, and in full body armor.

All UNE officers and officials within Mecca (and Media if appropriate) are to be of the Islamic faith. People have been pulled from other jobs to accommodate this. Additional UDF have set up fortified camps outside the cities. They have also pointed out to the citizens that they have nothing heavy enough to really take a fortified city, even if they wanted to. They're here to help with infa-structure/the civilians, and help protect them if they do come under attack.

Special permission is asked of noted Imams within the city for non believers to enter the cities to help them in this time of cirisis when good Muslims vanish on the streets.

Food is to be distributed within, by Muslim UNE officials within the cities, and without. There's lots of it. Those UNE workers within the city get to work on the sanitation system, they have what Muslim plumbers they could find, and others in case they could score permission for infidels to enter the city.

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    The UNE are to try and quieten the angry mobs by having their own Imams speaking quietly with their leaders about Solarian propaganda, and Islam being beyond politics. BTW, what's Islam's stance of Psionics? Any yet, or mixed? Judaism's?

And will anything here cause offense? If so, tell me. The UNE would have done the research.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-10-07 at 11:59 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Dwarf in the Playground

Premier Regent Esteban Vasquez takes to the world stage.

"Well now, that seems all well and good, except for the fact the those terms essentailly have us paying for Solaris still unproven defense of their murdering of our citizens. Their 'guns gone wild' defense is wearing thin, and until concrete evidence is proven of their innocence, we won't pay a dime. Otherwise, we can agree to the terms given."

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

How about, we will add in the wreckage of your Satelite, if you're at all interested, and you'll pay 50% of the costs for civilian aid work for the ruined cities. Whether you pay any more or not will be decided when we find out who took out the canon.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

We're perfectly willing to refund all costs of your damaged orbital station, and to pay what ever you pay our citizens families to your citizens families. This is not because we accept guilt for intentional action but rather guilty for negligence and incompetence with regards to a rogue weapon.
    80% repirations from you would work, if an apology is given.
    Re UNE actions:
    YAY! Took you long enough.
    Also, yay for massive turkish/algerian immigration. Yay!
    Can you get sojmeone to go make the Doom Raiders or whatever they are to stop?

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Where's the immigration from? The pilgrims? I can't see anything on that?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

-ooc I meant modern day immigration. It could easily mean that you have a bunch of muslim peoples in your 'european' army a hundred or so years from now.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC;
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, got ya

And aren't they wiped out?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_JJ View Post
    -ooc I meant modern day immigration. It could easily mean that you have a bunch of muslim peoples in your 'european' army a hundred or so years from now.
    there are already, that's why he can send them there. so they don't get mobbed in the streets.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

President Han has never looked so...angry before as she stands in front of a crowd. She is practically shaking in rage.

"People of the NAC, Our beloved Lioness has fallen to the Cowardly hands of those who swear they serve a Saint.

They demand of us many things, most notably that we pull our armies from Europe and just give them back all their land...and THEN pay them for it"

The crowd boos viciously "We will not stand for this. They think that if they keep hurting us that we will just give up! No, it would be an insult to all those who died in the cities of New York and Washington. It would be a dishonor to all those who died serving this country to stop tyranny. It would make the Lioness turn in her grave and weep to see all she fought for just fade away. WE WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS!!!"

The crowd cheered, and it was an angry cheer. A cheer of rage, one full of the promise of blood.

"I will never give up this fight, not only for the dead, but for the living, all of you! Never has this country bowed down to terroists, and it won't start now with the death of a general. WE WILL SEE THE DEATH OF THE NRE, I WILL LEAD US TO VICTORY!"

Chants of La Reina Verde fill the skies. Shona raises her arms then, retreats inside her base.

Inside (cannot be known, flavor text)

Shona sat in her desk and continued trembling as her guard shut the door. Then she let out a scream of frustration, rage, and pain. The emotion is so intense, both guards grasp their heads and fall to their knees in pain, and most people in the building get at least a minor headache.

"How could this happen now!"
    she thought, raging to herself "Everything was going so perfect" then she calmed down.

"They will pay in blood..."

The Lioness
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Lionesses funeral is a small affair, with only president Han and close family in attendence. She is awarded the NAC Congressional Medal of Honor.

A new statue, erected in honor of the fallen, is a a monument to the NAC spirit. It is a statue carved from red metal, in the perfect shape of The Lioness. Her helmet is removed, and in one hand she holds a NAC flag.

She stands on a pedestal made of black marble. On golden plaques the names, dates, and times of the tragedies are listed, underneath is Kim's name and a famous quote said by her to her troops

"Friends, Comrades, We fight for peace and good in the world. As long as you all believe that in your heart, You can do anything!"

Security
    Spoiler
    Show
    NAC security is made extremely strict in an attempt to stop all attacks on NAC soil.

Official Statement to Neautral Countries
    Spoiler
    Show
    Countries of Yugo Slavia and surrounding nations. Turn over the remnants of the NRE forces. We assure you they will not be executed out of hand. If you wish Supreme Elite are willing to dig these sores out of your countries.

Please cooperate so this war can finally end.

Actions in Former NRE
    Spoiler
    Show
    Military law is tightened. Anyone even speaking of rebellion are placed in concentration camps. They are not mistreated, and any UNE advisors can make sure we are not mistreating prisoners.

The NAC military becomes almost brutal in hunting down hostile NRE soldiers. They do not show much mercy. If they surrender, they live, if not they die. If they don't give up they are not taken alive.

Troops in Croatia attack mercilessly to finish off any NRE soldiers.

Official apology to Solaris
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will attempt to put a stop to pirating

Military
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Lionesses quote, shortened to "We can do anything" is quite popular amongst the troops. It becomes the unofficial slogan of the NAC soldiers. The men and women of C-Company change their name to "The Pack" and become some of the very best soldiers the NAC has to offer.

They become efficient and brilliant killing machines. Their overall goal is to hunt down their leaders killers. They are lead by the newly promoted Colonel Kyle Sanders, known as the Black Lion in honor of the Lioness.

General Robertson
    Spoiler
    Show
    General,
    I may not like you, and you sure as hell don't have to like me, but I thank you for the flowers you sent. Kim always spoke about you in high regard, and I thank you for still caring

President Han
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lioness' Death.

The entire UNE executive issues a statement of grief at the Lioness' death. PM Cornerstone asks to attend the funeral, though a refusal is taken in good grace. There are more than a few people mourning across the UNE, pubs showing TV coverage of the BBC programing on the Lioness' death.

Strangely, PM Horrenson disappears shortly after that statement is made. No where to be found, though he was last reported as looking very grim.

OOC Greystone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cruel Irony, no?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-10-07 at 04:32 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

Cnut Project

NRN ships begin to distribute the SGA made microbes as soon as they're proven as safe. In the interim, they trawl the ocean trying to harvest plankton to compensate for it's current lack of other preditors.

The Gibraltar filtration system nears completion. Given the state of the war, the UDF garrison is increased. Just in case.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

15. - Top - End - #675
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rowe's Post-Wedding Times

Shortly after his wedding to Tatiana Romanov of Russia, Will Rowe takes her on a whirlwind spree around the world, visiting famous museums, zoos, and other such places. The newlyweds even visit the Black Forests, seeing close hand the monstrous wolves now found in that area. Rowe is seen to be very excited about the wolves, getting closer then recommended at some points, and energetically speculating the reasons the wolves could've grown so large. Rowe even expresses his desire to get one of the wolves,but explains that he cannot, because with the large size comes a larger aggression, from what he could tell of his observation of the wolves. Rowe also thanks Solaris for the toaster, and, in a show of complete sarcasm, publically announces his plans to weaponize the appliance.

The New Drug

Pandora expresses concerns over the new drug, and conducts public experiments on the drug, attempting to find out where the drug comes from, what is special about it, etc.

The Titus Chemical

Pandora also expresses concern over the rapid spread of the Titus chemical, and spends a large amount of funds to find a way to combat the chemical.

Pandora Condemns the "Emperor's Fists"

Pandora is shocked and appalled at the brutality of the Emperor's Fists, as well as expressing grief at the Lioness's death, and Rowe speaks out against the Fists. "I thought that the deceased Umberto's servants were not psychotic madmen. It seems I was wrong. You are the most faithful followers of Umberto? Then Umberto was not who I thought he was. I thought Umberto, while being a warmongerer, was at his core a fairly decent man. If he had you as servants before he died, then I guess he was what President Han said he was. A mass-murderer and a monster.

But, of course, Emperor's Fists, you give Pandora a unique opportunity, which we thank you for. We've been wondering what happens if you forcibly turn a human into a full cybernetic body cyborg. Any of you that we find in Pandora will be the first to learn what happens, firsthand."
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Re Lioness:
    The Delta Flyers, aka "the Furies" that flew CAS and fighter cover for the Lioness during the Italian campaign have added red lion stencils to the decoration on their planes. An anonymous quote is added to the company book, "Well, they're all crazy to drop in like that, but sometimes crazy works."

Re NAC apology:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No problem, we're uhh.... working on that little issue.

@Odin
    Spoiler
    Show

Can I get a heads up on, hold on, lemme copy and paste,
    "I've just traded PM's with the NAC, looking for excuses to get them in the war w/China. I've got a high espionage score, (finally) so what kinda things can I cook up. Planned attacks on NAC soil, only a little fabricated? Maybe 'discovered' while a Solarian techie was messing with one of their satallites. Or maybe 'discovered' by a loonie, but after a Solarian 'happened' to pass by. They wouldn't notice that... Lemme know if it's going to be workable."

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

Footage Relesed to all Pro-NAC news networks(or at least not ANTI-NAC)

"This is John Oliver for CNN news and we have breaking news, today while the Lionesses death site was examined, in one of the dead soldiers helmet recorders, we have found the footage of the Lionesses Death."

The video statics, then a clear image came through. In the corner health status and name, Henry Rico, come online as well.

The Lioness, without her helmet, stands speaking to a group of soldiers "I will take 150 men with me to clear out this forest ahead of us. The rest of you will yet up guard positions and begin to systimatically check the town, got it?"
    "Yes Ma'am!" the men chorused

"Good, then we'll be back soon"
    General Finate said with a smile, and she replaced her helmet "Lets go."

The forest was silent, no contacts. The groups split into three fifty man kill squads. Rico followed close behind the Lioness.

Then suddenly the Lioness held up her hand and ordered "Halt!" she was silent, as if listening "**** we're being surrounded, Fall back!"

Suddenly the forest erupted in enemy fire. Men fell left and right. Rico and the Lioness dove behind cover.

The next couple of minutes were hazy as scenes of battle rage, with the Lioness firing her twin sub machine guns. The NAC casulties were horrible, but the enemy were taking losses now.

Then the screen shakes as Rico screams as he slams into a nearby tree. His head falls at a angle to see what happens next. Men are retreating, with General Finate bringing up the rear. The General is forced to drop her weapons because they finally run out ammo.

Men, hiding in the trees, drop down to cut off her escape. She quickly engages them in hand-to-hand, dropping them quickly.

A man steps from the woods into the cameras view "Lioness, your time for fighting for the Witch Queen is over!"
    "You'll have to kill me" she says defiently, dropping into a defensive stance.

"Thats the idea" to his men "Kill her"

More bullets erupt from the trees, and Kim uses her hand flamer, charring men left and right. Two more drop to engage her. She fights, slashing one handed to open one mans throat in a spray of blood and punching her other hand through the other man's chest.

Suddenly she fell to her knees as a heavy calibar round blew right through her left knee joint. The first man walked up and unsheathed his combat knife. He kneels by the fallen warrior "Goodbye" he says mockingly.

As he leans in and rips of her helmet, her clawed hand darts out and hit the man on the jaw, and with a rip, she tears it right off "stop talking so much!"
    She stands shackily and attacks the nearest man, tearing him to pieces. She doubles over once, then again as two more heavy rounds punch through her chest. She falls to her knees and coughs up blood.

The screen blackens as the Emperor's Fist close in, knives raised.

Effect
    Spoiler
    Show
    This video is shown across the NAC, to show the bravery of their Hero, how she continued to fight in against terrible odds. This should increase moral and probably volunteer rates.

Any countries allowing this to be shown gain a respect for the Lioness, even if the are Anti-NAC.
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-10-07 at 05:49 PM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

do I get a cookie for getting the reference?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

A slightly cencored vesion is shown on SSN, because we wouldn't want to scare the little kiddies. The full version is made avalible late at night and on the internet.

Also, the Daily Show is awesome.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

(OOC- Sorry I just couldn't help myself)

- SurlySeraph

21. - Top - End - #681
    Orc in the Playground

Message to President Han from Tsar Gern
    Spoiler
    Show

I have recently been informed of your participation in the Massacre. To say I am displeased is a gross understatement. You are to surrender the whole of Alaska in compensation. Otherwise I will be forced to carve the compensation from your worthless hide.

All the best,
    Gern

Russia dispatches the promised peace keepers. Before setting out all of their helmets are are painted blue to denote their new peace keeper status. Three hundred thousand of them are dispatched to the middle-east to help UNE peace keepers there.

Several reports are leaked to major news networks detailing SEATs involvement in South Africa. They funneled money to several pro-SEATs candidates. Candidates who's supporters where active in violent riots in South Africa.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

From President Han to Tsar Gern
    Spoiler
    Show
    What!? Where did you get this information? Do you have any proof? I will not even consider giving you Alaska without some shread of proof!

Alaska
    Spoiler
    Show
    Defenses are moved and focused in areas risk by a Russian attack. Also government vessels are stationed to be first warning of an impending attack.

- SurlySeraph

23. - Top - End - #683
    Orc in the Playground

Message form Gern to NUN
    Spoiler
    Show

I request that the NUN formally condemn the actions of NAC and impose strict trade sanctions.

Message to Rowe form Gern
    Spoiler
    Show

If it comes to war with NAC, I would like to have the might of Pandora on our side. I can think of no better way to test the capabilities of the Valhalla. I know you have been seeking out new lands for Pandora. I'm not a greedy man, in exchange for your help Pandora should keep all of the lands taken in reparation from NAC.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    So... what's our standpoint?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

25. - Top - End - #685
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vasquez's Response

"Tell you what: Apologies from both camps, no more orbital lasers, and no one pays anyone anything. In all frankness, the amount of money lost from our attacks pales in comparison to cost of that satellite.

I think that's fair for all parties involved. What do you say?"

Ramirez's Condition

Vicente Ramirez, current Premier of the LUSA, has been flown to Pandora to receive medical treatment once he reached a stable condition. Doctors in his home nation have been baffled by his ailment, and requested that Pandoran doctors use their technology to help their leader. Once he awakens from his sleep, he asks Will Rowe the honor of visiting him while he recovers.

Robertson to Han
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shona--

Been a while. Hope you're doing well with all this going on. Kimmy General Finante was one of the finest soldiers I've ever had the pleasure of working with, and her death came as quite a shock...always knew she'd get in over her head one of those days, but I never really thought she could ever lose, either.

Anyway, my heart goes out to you, Shona. She will be missed.

N. Robertson
    Last edited by Pumpkin3.1415; 2008-10-07 at 11:47 PM.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

Meanwhile

A little girl stands, out in a street in Philadelphia. Her clothes are smart, but dirty. Her long straight hair is braided, meticulously. She looks around, confused, but walks down the street, seemingly in control of herself. And since Philadelphia became the capitol, abnormalities have become the rule.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

As Shona strode out of the Capital building and shrugged on her coat, hey it was rather chilly.

A Supreme Guard walked quietly behind her, about five feet back. Shona was going to her favorite coffee shop. She didn't go often, but occasionally she just needed to get out.

Her sharp eyes picked out the little girl, and the first thing that caught her eye was the girls hair, a fiery red.

Then their eyes locked and Shona raised an eyebrow as she saw that their eyes were almost exactly the same shade as her own.

She walked up to the little girl "What's the matter, are you lost?"

The little girl nodded shyly, eying the Supreme Guard warily.

"ok, whats your name? where are your parents" Shona asked gently.

"Isabella" the girls voice was quiet strong for a five year old "I don't have any parents"

"Aw sweetie" and Shona hugged the girl tightly, then she stood and held out her hand "Come with me, I'll take care of you!"

Isabella accepted the hand and timidly followed the President as they went BACk to her home.

- SurlySeraph

28. - Top - End - #688
    Orc in the Playground

Tsar Gern's message to NUN
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm sorry about my earlier statement. I was in error.

Message form Gern to Rowe
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm sorry but it appears my evidence was flawed. I have come to a diplomatic solution with President Ham.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Response to Vazquez: Aye, the cost of you station probably pales in comparison to that sattalite, it was expensive, but we would never demand that you pay for our mistakes, and someone elses malevolence. The Sinai and the Morrocan coast are an entirely different matter.

@Gern
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, well, that's nice. Thank you for the peacekeepers by the way. Try to keep them around the border area, stopping the flow of war materiel going into the Sinai, and around the roads coming from Yemen, so we can make food shipments to the cities without getting them burnt to a crisp.

@Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to find a well respected but very proactive imam, and put him on SSN saying "We sould fight the infidel as we always have, striking on the offensive, from the desert and the mountains, where ever they are in the nations of Islam. With these new age Yeniceris come to Mecca the soldiers of Islam are free to strike."

Then I'm going to encourage them go wreck havok on that ridiculously long supply line.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janissary
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2008-10-08 at 09:14 AM.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: Satellite=Station. They were the same thing