New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Grave Robbers from Outer Space - game thread

Defensive point at Banjo1985, since by my count Shadow's vote tied us at 9 each.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #422
    Banned

Rod:
    Another thought. I understand your hesitation. I agreed with it completely until Banjo's last few posts. See for yourself at the top of the last page.
    But now that I think we may have a shot at it....

And I'm still not convinced of Phil's guilt. He's a new player. They all act like that.
    Jontom's vote count grew so quickly that I didn't have much of a choice. There are now a few suspects on that wagon for me.

All things considered, I now think that this may be a good moment to try for Banjo, that's all.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

I still think lynching banjo is a bit of a waste but I'll change my vote so that philistine can keep playing a bit more (I'm new too and I would hate to be lynched at this point in the game) so banjo

4. - Top - End - #424
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by LordRod View Post
    Wait a second, aren't you dead?
    Aww man. I so didn't noticed that.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Dwarf in the Playground

Day 5 Ends

Banjo looks around; the other actors are glaring at him.

You completely stole that last scene… and you were just supposed to be the corpse on the slab.

Yeah, why’d you have to improv that ghost stuff and all the rest of it? You were just supposed to lie there while we did the real work. And now what? What about the rest of us?

Banjo looked unashamed, squaring his shoulders before replying. I was inspired. Not my fault.

We can’t let you steal the limelight like that. You were cast as a corpse, and that’s what you’ll be.

One of the actors pulled a lead pipe from behind his back. Another pulled a wrench from his pocket. Still another grabbed a candlestick from a nearby table.

Banjo neatly dodged each swing as it came.

Screw that! A shout came from behind the crowd. Let him dodge this! She squeezed the trigger on the revolver.

BOOM! Instead of a wound appearing on his chest, Banjo exploded in pounds upon globs of custard.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Banjo1985 was going to be lynched, but the mob lynched a clone instead. Night 5 begins now and ends in approx 24 hours. Please send all night actions to LadyMeyers and Cristo.
    Co-author of the Criminal Elements urban fantasy series by Cris and Clare Meyers. Playing with Fire and Fly by Night are out now, and Shifting Identities is coming later this year.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nice, guys. We could have potentially killed a creature and instead we kill a clone, nice.
    Well wasn't that fun? Daaaaandyliens...
    Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone would like to make me a banner with my elven druid dude in a dandelion field making dandelion chains, that'd be.....nice.....

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

your sarcasm is noted with deadly accuracy.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Gosh, another night and I only posted once. I need to spend more time in front of my computer, stupid RL responsabilities.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

9. - Top - End - #429
    Firbolg in the Playground

The following players have been autolynched:
    smellie_hippie
    Lord Fullbladder

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

((Nice, the custard reference made me laugh ))

Well, I'm either the Cloner, or in touch with the cloner. Either way, am I believed now?

I say we go after Allysian, Phillistine or Shadow next. Shadow, purely because he's trying to get me killed.

And before the wolves get any funny ideas, I can rustle up a clone during the day or night phase with no cool down. If you want to take that risk then fine.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

11. - Top - End - #431
    Banned

Well, I hope that got everyone's attention. Killing clones doesn't do anything... Well, except make you custardy.

12. - Top - End - #432

Quote Originally Posted by Talic View Post
    Well, I hope that got everyone's attention. Killing clones doesn't do anything... Well, except make you custardy.
    But I like custard... Lets banjo again shall we?

V@ Hey I'm only doing it for the custard. (It was a joke)
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-11-11 at 05:52 AM.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

If banjo can summon a clone when ever he wants I say we don't bother...
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

14. - Top - End - #434
    Banned

The clonemaker is revealed. Ok, yeah, we get it. Here's the thing. If he goes against the villagers, we'll know it. And we can get him then. If he doesn't, he draws out the game. Longer games give us more opportunities to get wolves.

Thus, it helps us to keep him around, until a custard pie blows up in our face. If that happens, we kill. Otherwise, any vote towards a KNOWN non-wolf is a bit suspicious.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Allysian View Post
    Nice, guys. We could have potentially killed a creature and instead we kill a clone, nice.
    We also could potentially have killed an extra. At least we know banjo's a bad guy even if it does take 3 days (4?) to lynch him.

Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    If banjo can summon a clone when ever he wants I say we don't bother...

He can't - only 3 times. And he has openly admitted that he wants to work with the monsters. If we stop lynching him now the monsters get an untouchable ally. I say we string him up and keep stringing him up until he dies for good.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Banned

Let's look at this.

If we lynch him 3-4 times, then we KNOW we'll have to burn down every last clone.

If we stop, and he starts cloning wolves, we will have to burn down clones too... And we will, cause we know who he is.

If we stop and he behaves, we leave him alone, and he's the wolves's problem.

So yes, he can be a pain, but if he does, he's out of the game. If he doesn't... His only chance to stay in the game is to not clone wolves.

Let's give him that chance, since it could potentially save us three days.

This is important enough, that I will actually get off my Philistine bandwagon, and say this.

The first person to point at Banjo will get my point.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Halfling in the Playground

Good thinking, Talic.

Just one small flaw in your logic.

If he clones a monster, how do we know it's a monster he's cloned and not another extra or masonic type role?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JX
    Just one small flaw in your logic.

If he clones a monster, how do we know it's a monster he's cloned and not another extra or masonic type role?
    So we lynch them the next day, and the end result is the same except the clone wasted a day. The clones will do the same if we try to hit banjo, and the same if he clones wolves.

Plus I have a way better idea to get rid of Banjo, when it comes to end game he might as well be a wolf. So we don't want him around, but we also don't want to waste time lynching him. So here is my suggestion. When someone gets a kill special effects card aim it at banjo. He won't be able to see that coming. This will kill a small threat, and he won't stop it with his clones.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

A new New York IC OOC

19. - Top - End - #439
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Talic
    The clonemaker is revealed. Ok, yeah, we get it. Here's the thing. If he goes against the villagers, we'll know it. And we can get him then. If he doesn't, he draws out the game. Longer games give us more opportunities to get wolves.

Thus, it helps us to keep him around, until a custard pie blows up in our face. If that happens, we kill. Otherwise, any vote towards a KNOWN non-wolf is a bit suspicious.
    emphsis mine.
    If we could kill him at will, he'd be dead already.
    If he offered to work with the creatures, he NOT a non-wolf! He's a wolf ally.
    Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by JX
    And he has openly admitted that he wants to work with the monsters. If we stop lynching him now the monsters get an untouchable ally. I say we string him up and keep stringing him up until he dies for good.
    My point exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talic
    If we stop and he behaves, we leave him alone, and he's the wolves's problem.
    If we stop and he behaves, he's the PERFECT ally for them. He doesn't become thier PROBLEM, he becomes their WEAPON!

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

@Shadow and friends...
    Eventually a villager is going to get a kill special effects card. Just hit banjo with it. We still get rid of the wolf ally and we don't waste time lynching the clones.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

21. - Top - End - #441
    Banned

If we get a kill effect. If.
    I agree with you otherwise though. That's why I didn't want to do it the other day. Banjo's post yesterday made me think that maybe he wasn't cloned at the time. If he was, why would he need to push us to lynch Phil if he was safe?
    The answer is in his earlier post apparently.
    And before the wolves get any funny ideas, I can rustle up a clone during the day or night phase with no cool down. If you want to take that risk then fine.
    If he can create clones at will (up to his limit) maybe he didn't have one at the time.
    Maybe he did, and he's already working with them.
    Either way, we need to kill him. First chance we get. I thought that chance was yesterday. I was wrong.
    Last edited by Shadow; 2008-11-11 at 11:12 AM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    The following players have been autolynched:
    smellie_hippie
    Lord Fullbladder
    Smellie_hippie was an Extra.
    Lord Fullbladder was a Mason.

23. - Top - End - #443

What I still don't understand is why we can't use him for our side. He said he was willing to work with the creatures but he also said that he would work with us.
    Also I'm thinking he was defending himself to save a clone, he can't just have a clone up all the time since they only last 2 day phases, and he can only make 3 clones total during the game.
    I think he didn't have a clone up and was trying to defend himself from the lynch, when he saw that there was little chance to save himself he set a clone.
    Anyway, if his ability works like he claims and he can set up a clone at any point he can save anyone he wants from a day lynch. So if he's in contact with the wolves and working with them, any time we are about to lynch a wolf he can save it at the last second.
    He has two clones left and I doubt he will set one up this phase (the wolves wouldn't kill him, he is more valuable to them alive), so if he's helping the wolves the next couple of days will hurt us since we either lynch a villager or not lynch anyone, giving the wolves a couple of free kills.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Banned

What I still don't understand is why we can't use him for our side. He said he was willing to work with the creatures but he also said that he would work with us.
    Do you trust him to save your hide when you're up for lynch?
    I don't.

The question becomes:
    Who gets the most out of working with him?

The choices:
    --Tough to kill "villager" that no one trusts
    --Tough to kill "wolf" that no one trusts

Bad guys win. They get more advantage from working with him.
    They probably already are.

I would be.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

If I was in Banjo's position I would just act say to the wolves kill me, whatever; I'm not going to try to hunt wolves and I can help you in the end game with controling the lynch; you'll just waste a kill and make winning harder. And to any villagers, go right ahead waste 3 days lynching me. Please note that the three free kills won't be worth it to hit one potential end-game "wolf" vote.

So I support waiting for a kill card; it'll be totally random so Banjo can't block it...
    Last edited by Lamech; 2008-11-11 at 12:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

26. - Top - End - #446

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Do you trust him to save your hide when you're up for lynch?
    I don't.

The question becomes:
    Who gets the most out of working with him?

The choices:
    --Tough to kill "villager" that no one trusts
    --Tough to kill "wolf" that no one trusts

Bad guys win. They get more advantage from working with him.
    They probably already are.

I would be.
    You're right, so at this point we can safely assume that banjo is in contact with the wolves, right?
    But is lynching banjo again really the best move?

27. - Top - End - #447
    Banned

You're right, so at this point we can safely assume that banjo is in contact with the wolves, right?
    But is lynching banjo again really the best move?
    I'll say it one more time.

No. It absolutely is not.
    The way that I read the role
    Quote Originally Posted by rules
    Mad Scientist (Cloner): They thought you were mad…MAD! But you showed them…oh yes, you showed them. Now the Clonatron 3000a cloning machine and frozen yogurt dispenser is complete! Now if you could just get the clones to stop exploding… The Clonatron 3000a can make 3 clones during the game. They last for 2 day phases before they explode on the 2nd night phase. If the cloned player is attacked during the time they are cloned, the clone is killed instead of the player. Scries as Mad Scientist/Cloner
    led me to believe that they could only be created at night.
    Banjo's prodding yesterday made me think that he didn't want to be lynched. If he had a clone in place, he didn't need to worry about being lynched. So it made sense that he may not have had a clone ready. Following that line of thought, with the assumption that clones could only be created at night, lynching him was the best option I saw.

Spoiler
    Show
    By the by, the ability to create clones at will is WAY too powerful. Not to mention that it would need time to grow, in game terms.
    I would like a narrator ruling. I don't mean to nitpick or call out a solid case that banjo's lying about the creation time, but it is never stated clearly in the rules.
    And it makes him WAY too powerful, if he's not lying.

Three times during the game he can stop any kill he wishes, as long as he sees it coming? And he can do it with no notice? That's just nuts.
    that's exactly the reason that "day baners" have to send in their targets at night in almost every game.

Either he's lying or he's broken.
    And if he's not lying, it's bad news for us. Somehow I doubt the creatures will do us the favor of removing him tonight....

28. - Top - End - #448
    Banned

Let me get this straight... If he behaves, and doesn't clone wolves, he's their perfect ally?

When they would get 3 free kills due to him? No. Anyone that supports this is supporting wolves.

No.

What you are doing is trying to create an environment where he has to die. Why would you do that?

In my mind, everyone arguing to lynch Banjo, or that continues to argue to lynch him, on the grounds that "we may lynch an extra"??

Well, I guarantee everyone. If you vote for Banjo, there's no WAY you're getting a wolf. And if you keep lynching him... There's no WAY you'll get him as an ally.

In case you forget... He was willing to work with villagers too. All you must do is try to not get him killed. All you must do is guarantee that he won't be a target, until we lynch someone protected by a clone.

Because if we lynch anyone by a clone, he's got one left, and we haven't wasted anything that we aren't going to waste now anyway. And if we don't, and he wastes his clones on the untargeted... Well, they die, and we save time in the long run.

So why are you trying to make the villagers waste their time? Unless you're the wolf?

Again, the first point at Banjo gets my point.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vampiric looked around wonderingly.

He was supposed to meet me here a half hour ago. What’s keeping him?

His fingers ran idly over the back of the sofa, the table, the new shiny coffin, the collection of various stabby/killy implements that seemed to abound on this set.

Vampiric checked his watch again. Another ten minutes and I’m out of here.

Click! The sound echoed through the empty set. Click! There it was again.

That’s it. I didn’t sign up to die like the rest of the cast. I am an artist!

He hadn’t taken two steps before he caught sight of movement out of the corner of his eye. Aw, no!

Too late. Bang! Bang!

Two separate shots, one more actor dead on the floor.

Vampiric was killed; he was Skippy the Wonder Dog.

Scene 6 starts

Matthew enters the set to see all the actors already there and waiting for him. The paper clutched in his hand fluttered as he shut the door behind him.

He cleared his throat nervously.

I’ve been told to handle things today. The director is … feeling… slightly off this morning.

Stop yelling! They’re right in front of you, and some people don’t need to be disturbed. The director yelled from his dressing room. The actors turned to look. The door was shut, no lights could be seen.

Matthew referred to the paper in his hand. This says you’re all supposed to improv this next scene. You’re at Camp Lake Zirconia. And I quote, ‘have at it!’

The following people must vote today or be autolynched:
    Aemoh
    Atreyu
    Blue umbrella
    Coplantor
    Mordokai
    Mustiado
    Shadowcaller
    TwoBitWriter
    Vossik
    Co-author of the Criminal Elements urban fantasy series by Cris and Clare Meyers. Playing with Fire and Fly by Night are out now, and Shifting Identities is coming later this year.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think everybody should be able to guess why I want to point at Selrahc after seeing that.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.