New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Shippingitp III: We Make Love (And Sometimes War)

Okay, got another fic; a little character development and setting the stage for the next Grail piece.

I originally envisioned this as a song-fic, but it grew into something different as I wrote it.

Here by Me (IStLY fic)
    dallas-dakota/Dragonrider
    Spoiler
    Show

They had been most fortunate. After a search of the lands directly surrounding Constantinople had failed to uncover the fugitive fitting Empress Curly's description, they had expanded the search. This had taken Dragonrider and Dallas-Dakota along the same path, north into Bulgaria, and given them a few more precious days together. Though traveling with a small contingent of the Empress' soldiers, they did not take much care to hide their affections for each other. Fear of what may come, losing each other, had emboldened their love.

Coming to the village of Edirne, once known as Adrianople, they found the keep sparsely manned considering its key position so close to the Bulgarian/Byzantine border. What few defenders there were consisted of a poorly-equipped gaggle of witless buffoons.

The debate over whether or not to seize the opportunity and invade was short-lived. Giddy with the prospect of a few last days together, facing the small possibility that, if the defenders proved more capable than anticipated, at least their last moments would be spent in each others' company, and knowing that, with success, Empress Curly's wrath would be short-lived and mild, they attacked. The outcome, though, was never seriously in doubt - they easily routed the Bulgarians.

While the Empress' men searched the keep for any surviving guards holed up in out-of-the-way nooks, Dallas and Dragonrider waited for their report in the dining hall.

"Perhaps Tsar Peter really is weak if he'd be willing to leave such a strategic position so poorly guarded," Dallas said, wiping blood from one of his blades.

"Rumors about the Tsar, back in Constantinople, tell that he has gone mad. That would certainly explain the poor state of things here," she said, reclining on one of the large banquet tables.

"Hm. I wish I could believe that the Tsar's palace itself was as poorly defended."

"If only fortune would be so kind! I wish the Empress would grant me permission to come with you. I can't stand the thought of what might happen... That I may never see you... That I might never even know what became of you," she pulled off her helm and shook the kinks out of her shining, curly hair. She let the curls fall to hide her face, lest he see her tearing up.

He said nothing, but walked over and, armor creaking, crouched down beside the table where she rested. He brushed her hair aside tenderly and, burying his fingers in her hair, he kissed her.

He pulled away only after long moments. "No, it's far too early to give in to despair. We can't let our fears rule us, else we'll be defeated before we've even begun."

"Of course, you're right. I just can't stand to think of us being apart for so long so soon after..." It had been only a week before Empress Curly gave them their orders that they'd realized their love, each having secretly nursed their feelings for long months, striving to find the courage to admit their feelings to the other.

And then everything had happened so suddenly, the memories blurred with their elation. Neither could say who had made the first move, first confessed their love. But they remembered that first kiss, before the fountain in the palace courtyard. They cherished the flurry of secret notes that had since passed between them for times when duty called them apart. They lived for that night spent cradling each other after receiving the damned orders from their Empress.

She reached up and pulled him down into another deep kiss.

Several seconds passed before they noticed the soldier, standing awkwardly in the doorway.

Dallas snickered and stood, pulling Dragonrider into a sitting position on the table.

Though flushed, she quickly composed herself. "Yes, lancer, what do you have to report?" she asked the armored man, whom she couldn't help but notice was blushing, too.

"Er," he began, somewhat flustered. "The keep has been cleared out, no defenders yet remain outside a single drunk we found passed out in the larder. We took the liberty of locking him in the dungeon, although it seems likely he won't wake for a good while to say the least. But I have other news, as well."

"Yes, man, out with it."

"Sorry, sir. It's just a bit odd is all. That man we're looking for, the fugitive Empress Curly sent us after? He just turned himself in. Walked right up to the keep's gate, introduced himself, and asked to be taken into custody.

Dallas and Dragonrider shared a quick glance between them.

"That's absurd! How could he possibly...? Why would he do something like that? The Empress seemed to think he would resist."

"I can't say, miss. But he fits the description and we thought it best to leave questioning to you."

She sighed. "Very well, good job, lancer. Where have you taken him?"

"We have him locked in a cell in the dungeon, a cell down from the drunkard. He...seemed to think that would be the best place to hold him. He actually complimented us on our 'thoughtfulness and the accommodations.'"

Dallas couldn't help but burst out laughing. "Has everyone in this country gone mad? I'll have to be careful where I get my drinking water!"

Dragonrider shook her head, bemused. "Very well, soldier, you've done as well as can be expected given the...unusual circumstances. Take me to the prisoner and I'll question him."

After a lengthy interview, the prisoner's story and identification seemed to check against Empress Curly's description. Though he did seem a bit...off. But, she reasoned, were not all paladins at least a bit mad, obsessed with justice and moral standards impossible to maintain? Perhaps this one had simply cracked under the pressure and the gods had decided to allow him to maintain his abilities and station out of pity. And, in any case, he did seem to have access to a form of wisdom she had never before seen. Some sort of second -nay- perhaps third sight; having never been introduced, he had known who she was and asked that she give a greeting, her love, to Dallas for him. The encounter had been bewildering, to say the least.

Her objective complete, she regrettedly knew it was time she and Dallas parted ways. The capture of the paladin filled them with a pervasive sense of haste and, after a drawn-out and tearful goodbye, he left the keep; heading north towards Preslav.

Knowing she would soon be feeling the full weight of their separation, she busied herself; supervising the reinforcement of the keep's fortifications in anticipation of her departure with the prisoners.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-12-17 at 05:18 AM.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Love it Ghost.

Love it so much that it's inspiring me to write a sequel.

Away, though always toghetter. IStLY fic.
    Dragonrider/DD(only mentioned)
    Spoiler
    Show

Even though duty called her and she had a busy schedule...She missed him deeply, she thought as she sat down for the first time in their..her bedroom.... Ever since they moved into the keep they saw no reason to keep seperate rooms... finally a moment of rest, to think, to miss.

A note, on the table, from who could it be? She didn't think it was from him, she quite passionately remembered his 'goodbye' that he gave her.

Though love you,
    I always do.
    Some things, are not as they seem,
    I hope for those things, that you are keen.
    Because I couldn't stand to lose you, ever.
    I would go madder then everybody in this country put toghetter.

Sigh, she missed him...And felt the same...So she would try and take his message to heart.

The paladin might not be real.
    Even though it all fell to easily toghetter with a push of her seal.
    She changed a bit sometimes, falling into his rhymes she realised.
    Soon she realised what a mistake she had made.
    This is right where he wants himself...And thus not where we want him, why would he want to lock himself up, even though crazy as they may be....
    Without delay, she went to the nearest guard and ordered.

Guards! Move the paladin! Out of his cell! And give him a bath, I couldn't stand to interrogate him with that smell again!

Where do you want us to move him general Dragonrider, the only secure place we know around here are the dungeons!

I don't know! I don't know everything, make a place secure, just move him! Move him somewhere el-!
    She stopped....her emotions were taking control..... She had control....She got it a long time ago and kept it, and would keep it...

Go guard, move him...
    I've got to calm down...Just a break, just for a small moment.

She sat down on the floor, silent....Silence...The most beautifull music ever made...

She missed him....Drowned herself in her work.... But she had to go on... After a small break.

< Ps, new location, trying to find out where she gets the awesome from for her fics.
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2008-12-06 at 09:04 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

3. - Top - End - #993
    Firbolg in the Playground

Damn. Busy week has been leaving little time for fic-reading, so I'm way behind. Long thread is long.

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    < Ps, new location, trying to find out where she gets the awesome from for her fics.
    Y'know, that in itself sounds like it could be turned into an interesting fic... (Albeit a really strange one)
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

4. - Top - End - #994
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    *really hopes to someday get this highly dichotomous, peace-loving, rifle-wielding kitty into Shadowlands*
    I'll see what I can do. Ship on the way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

5. - Top - End - #995

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post

*snip*

ghost and DD, I love this little series you've got going on.

The awesome from what fics? I just write. Most of them have inspiration, especially my most recent series.

This'll be the last fic from me for a while. Enjoy my

Definition drabble

Mordokai/Mi'ir/(Hel)Graf/RHL:
    Jurisprudence - the science or philosophy of law
    Spoiler
    Show

To Mordokai it was illegal. Everything about the battle screamed out its injustice; it broke every unspoken law he adhered to without even knowing it.
    There was RHL, astride her golem – breaker of the laws of life - talking a different kind of insanity from Graf, who at least had the blessings of Sune’s sister Tsukie which had provided him a licence to break through the walls of time and possibility.
    But all this was wrong.

Mi’ir had acted in textbook fashion. Grabbed Graf and legged it. Save the target, while the paladin tries to stop the attackers.
    Mordokai had drawn his sword and charged, aim for the legs off; it’s harder for them to move that way. Goal in mind he began to swing his weapon.
    He’d never thought what would happen would.
    RHL’s golem was too fast. It dodged the swing – but golems weren’t meant to be able to do that! RHL had giggled. “Mordy sweetie, you can do better than that.” A clay arm smashed across his shoulders and he was thrown off balance and stumbled.
    Mi’ir and Graf cried out.
    The holy paladin cursed, the one word thrown from his mouth with such vehemence and unexpectedness that even the golem hesitated for half a second. Just enough time for Mordokai in his cumbersome armour to get back to his feet and face the enemy.
    It should have been an easy fight!
    Dizzying swirls of steel and ochre flared across the clearing; RHL seemed to float above that deadly maelstrom and all the while she called out to Mordokai trying to throw him off kilter.
    “Where’s your bard friend my darling?”
    That got him.
    His blue eyes left his opponent and flicked with worry to where Mi’ir and the oracle were. A deadly mistake.
    The golem lunged.

RHL had asked that question for a reason, she couldn’t see Mi’ir or the man they’d been with. Mordokai had shown her the way to get back at them.
    At him.

Graf shrieked as the coney and her clay being smashed through the illusion he’d held cradled tight as if it was a precious infant. They saw their target. Struck.

Mi’ir only had time to see the red ochre blur towards him before it impacted upon his chest. Mercifully the pain was brief.

RHL left, the golem shattered by Mordokais’ fury. What Mordokai saw was illegal. Mi’ir . . .

As a special treat for not being able to do any fics for a while this was a bit longer. 400 words.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-01-01 at 01:37 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ettin in the Playground

*thumbs up*

Great work Curly, us per usual Can't wait to see where this takes us.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't have much time, but i wanted to let everyone know that I have read all the fics from the last couple of pages that I missed.

I will try to post my comments later, but I wanted to go ahead and say that they were all fantastic and make me proud to work with so many talented people.

8. - Top - End - #998

Look! Two more serial episodes! This time with Helgraf!

15-New Moon (Cristo (Mi'ir)/CurlyKitGirl)
    Spoiler
    Show

The night was blessedly moonless, a perfect night for Mi’ir. She sat cross-legged on the ground outside Koorli’s cottage, savoring the cool night air, the silence, and most of all, the darkness. It was comforting in its way, actually, something Mi’ir savored. Not even the sun saw everything, held everything in its sight, there was still shadow. But the darkness, the night, everything was held by them.

Mordokai had long since retired to sleep and Serpentine was off seeing to her lesson. Mi’ir was all alone save for Celestine who was silently snoozing in her lap. Or, at least, Mi’ir wished she was alone.

“This isn’t going to end the way you think it will, Dark Moon.” Koorli said from the darkness.

Mi’ir didn’t stir. “How’d you figure it out?”

“You crossed my threshold. That’s the way it works: you cross my threshold, I see inside your mind.” Koorli shrugged, “Most people don’t seem to mind much.”

“You’re bound from telling the paladin.”

“I’m well aware of the bindings of the Treaty, whelp!” Koorli snapped angrily, “Your thrice-forsaken mother wasn’t even born when I put my name on it!”

Mi’ir still didn’t even rise to face the witch. “So then you also know what’s going to happen,” he said darkly, “And that you can’t stop it.”

Koorli’s eyes narrowed. “I swore non-interference ages ago and I’ll abide by those terms, Dark Moon. But I’ve seen how this ends; it’s happened time and time again. I may not be allowed to interfere, just like the others, but I can watch. There’s only one way this can end for you.”

Mi’ir scooped up Celestine and stood up, looking Koorli in the eyes. “And how is that, witch?”

“Oblivion.” Koorli said simply. She turned and left Mi’ir alone outside.

Mi’ir stood for a moment, watching Koorli leave for her cottage. Slowly, a smile started to form on her face. “That’s what I’m counting on…”

16-Voices in the Dark (Serpentine/CurlyKitGirl/Helgraf)
    Spoiler
    Show

Serpentine sat by the dying fire, thinking. She knew what she had to do, she just had no real idea how to go about doing it. She needed to find that trigger, that feeling that came when her powers surfaced. It was the first step. At least, that’s what she’d been told.

“Poor little girl…so much power, so little ability…” a sing-song voice said from somewhere out of sight.

Serpentine started and looked around: save for Mordokai asleep in a chair she was alone. Not even Koorli’s cat could be found.

“Searching? Always looking, always searching, never finding…so frustrating,” the voice continued, “How can one search when they don’t know what to find?”

Serpentine jumped to her feet. “Who’s there?”

“That’s not the question…”

She scanned the room, looking for anything that could be out of place. Mordokai dozed sitting upright in a chair, the firelight cast moving shadows on the walls, the door was slightly open, but she was still the only other person in the cottage. “What do you want?”

“Closer…getting closer…”

She tried to pin down the source of the voice, but it seemed to be coming from all around her. “What are you talking about?”

“What are you searching for?”

“That’s enough, Helgraf! Leave the girl alone!” Koorli’s voice cut through the darkness from the door. “She’s got enough to worry about!”

“I’m only trying to help…she can’t find it if she doesn’t know what it is.”

“She can do without your riddles.”

Serpentine looked confused. “Who is that?”

“She’s still asking the wrong questions…”

“She’s asking questions, that’s the important part,” Koorli scolded the voice. She turned to Serpentine. “Helgraf is…well, I’m not sure, really. Picked him up around 200 years ago and he just, won’t, leave.”

“But I can see so much from here.”

“That’s what worries me…” Koorli said sardonically. She closed the cottage door behind her. “He’s harmless, girl, just a little eccentric.”

“I’m a little teapot, look who’s black…” Helgraf’s sang.

“He’s also a royal pain in the backside.” Koorli added. “What are you doing, girl? It’s late, you should be sleeping.”

“I was trying to finish my first lesson…”

“And that is…”

Serpentine looked down at the floor. “Mi’ir wasn’t very specific…try to find that feeling that comes went my powers come out. Sh…he…didn’t say how…”

Koorli rolled her eyes. “No, he wouldn’t…”

“Part of the search is finding out what to look for…”

“Well, let’s see what we can do.” Koorli sat down in her chair near the fire. “Find my cat.”

“Um…what?”

“It’s a simple request, find my cat.”

Serpentine scanned the room a third time. There was no sign of the feline. “It’s too dark…she could be hiding”

“You’re trusting your eyes again…” As if to prove her point, what Serpentine had thought was a pillow leapt up at her. She squeaked and her vision blurred for a moment. What was a pillow became a large cat. The cat landed firmly on the floor and looked up at her indignantly. “There. See? That’s how it’s done.”

“Wait? I did that?”

“Takes a bit of power to get through her shapechange. Now then, do you remember what that felt like?”

“A…a bit…”

“Well then,” Koorli smiled slyly, “Find her again…”
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2008-12-07 at 12:24 AM.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

You know you're getting better Cristo? Take your compliment. Take it!!

“I’m a little teapot, look who’s black…” is one my new favorite lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #1000

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post

The awesome from what fics? I just write. Most of them have inspiration, especially my most recent series.
    Definition Drabble

def·i·ni·tion (df-nshn)
    n.
    a. A statement conveying fundamental character.
    b. A statement of the meaning of a word, phrase, or term, as in a dictionary entry.
    2. The act or process of stating a precise meaning or significance; formulation of a meaning.
    a. The act of making clear and distinct: a definition of one's intentions.
    b. The state of being closely outlined or determined

Spoiler
    Show

Fearsomely fast.
    Clay crushed. Broke bard. Coney cackled. Paladin pounced.
    Coney cleared.
    Clay crushed. Hopes harrowed. Righteous ruin. Paladin pained.

"Stop that and help me," Mordokai screamed at the oracle as he tried to staunch the bard's wound.

Clay crushed. Body broken. Stitches stressed. Power present.
    Clay crushed. Boy bleeding. Corrupted conglutination. Paladin prevented.

"What the hell are you babbling on about? He's _dying_ and you're just sitting there raving nonsense couplets ..."

The oracle walked over, grabbed the bard's knife and sliced his palm wide; pressing old wound to the other.

Madness mends. Blood transcends. No boy, bard lives, bends.

((OOC: I'm going with the old school version of the clay golem - the one whose wounds can only be healed by a (game mechanics-wise) high level cleric.))
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

11. - Top - End - #1001

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Look! Two more serial episodes! This time with Helgraf! [/B]
    Heh. Heh. Very nice. You tempt me to write a companion piece.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2008-12-07 at 01:49 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1002

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    List of willing victims: (for Busty B)
    Cristo
    RHL
    Mordokai
    Magtok (squee!)
    Mangosta
    Ohh, feel free to stick that lunatic Helgraf/Renfield in there. ;)

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post

This'll be the last fic from me for a while. Enjoy my

Definition drabble

Mordokai/Mi'ir/(Hel)Graf/RHL:
    Jurisprudence - the science or philosophy of law
    Spoiler
    Show

To Mordokai it was illegal. Everything about the battle screamed out its injustice; it broke every unspoken law he adhered to without even knowing it.
    There was RHL, astride her golem – breaker of the laws of life - talking a different kind of insanity from Graf, who at least had the blessings of Sune’s sister Tsukie which had provided him a licence to break through the walls of time and possibility.
    But all this was wrong.

Mi’ir had acted in textbook fashion. Grabbed Graf and legged it. Save the target, while the paladin tries to stop the attackers.
    Mordokai had drawn his sword and charged, aim for the legs off; it’s harder for them to move that way. Goal in mind he began to swing his weapon.
    He’d never thought what would happen would.
    RHL’s golem was too fast. It dodged the swing – but golems weren’t meant to be able to do that! RHL had giggled. “Mordy sweetie, you can do better than that.” A clay arm smashed across his shoulders and he was thrown off balance and stumbled.
    Mi’ir and Graf cried out.
    The holy paladin cursed, the one word thrown from his mouth with such vehemence and unexpectedness that even the golem hesitated for half a second. Just enough time for Mordokai in his cumbersome armour to get back to his feet and face the enemy.
    It should have been an easy fight!
    Dizzying swirls of steel and ochre flared across the clearing; RHL seemed to float above that deadly maelstrom and all the while she called out to Mordokai trying to throw him off kilter.
    “Where’s your bard friend my darling?”
    That got him.
    His blue eyes left his opponent and flicked with worry to where Mi’ir and the oracle were. A deadly mistake.
    The golem lunged.

RHL had asked that question for a reason, she couldn’t see Mi’ir or the man they’d been with. Mordokai had shown her the way to get back at them.
    At him.

Graf shrieked as the coney and her clay being smashed through the illusion he’d held cradled tight as if it was a precious infant. They saw their target. Struck.

Mi’ir only had time to see the red ochre blur towards him before it impacted upon his chest. Mercifully the pain was brief.

RHL left, the golem shattered by Mordokais’ fury. What Mordokai saw was illegal. Mi’ir . . .

As a special treat for not being able to do any fics for a while this was a bit longer. 400 words.
    Thenkee, and that was a pleasure to read, m'dear Curly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    List of willing victims: (for Busty B)
    Cristo
    RHL
    Mordokai
    Magtok (squee!)
    Mangosta
    Put me up for it to.

Look! Two more serial episodes! This time with Helgraf!

15-New Moon (Cristo (Mi'ir)/CurlyKitGirl)
    Spoiler
    Show

The night was blessedly moonless, a perfect night for Mi’ir. She sat cross-legged on the ground outside Koorli’s cottage, savoring the cool night air, the silence, and most of all, the darkness. It was comforting in its way, actually, something Mi’ir savored. Not even the sun saw everything, held everything in its sight, there was still shadow. But the darkness, the night, everything was held by them.

Mordokai had long since retired to sleep and Serpentine was off seeing to her lesson. Mi’ir was all alone save for Celestine who was silently snoozing in her lap. Or, at least, Mi’ir wished she was alone.

“This isn’t going to end the way you think it will, Dark Moon.” Koorli said from the darkness.

Mi’ir didn’t stir. “How’d you figure it out?”

“You crossed my threshold. That’s the way it works: you cross my threshold, I see inside your mind.” Koorli shrugged, “Most people don’t seem to mind much.”

“You’re bound from telling the paladin.”

“I’m well aware of the bindings of the Treaty, whelp!” Koorli snapped angrily, “Your thrice-forsaken mother wasn’t even born when I put my name on it!”

Mi’ir still didn’t even rise to face the witch. “So then you also know what’s going to happen,” he said darkly, “And that you can’t stop it.”

Koorli’s eyes narrowed. “I swore non-interference ages ago and I’ll abide by those terms, Dark Moon. But I’ve seen how this ends; it’s happened time and time again. I may not be allowed to interfere, just like the others, but I can watch. There’s only one way this can end for you.”

Mi’ir scooped up Celestine and stood up, looking Koorli in the eyes. “And how is that, witch?”

“Oblivion.” Koorli said simply. She turned and left Mi’ir alone outside.

Mi’ir stood for a moment, watching Koorli leave for her cottage. Slowly, a smile started to form on her face. “That’s what I’m counting on…”

16-Voices in the Dark (Serpentine/CurlyKitGirl/Helgraf)
    Spoiler
    Show

Serpentine sat by the dying fire, thinking. She knew what she had to do, she just had no real idea how to go about doing it. She needed to find that trigger, that feeling that came when her powers surfaced. It was the first step. At least, that’s what she’d been told.

“Poor little girl…so much power, so little ability…” a sing-song voice said from somewhere out of sight.

Serpentine started and looked around: save for Mordokai asleep in a chair she was alone. Not even Koorli’s cat could be found.

“Searching? Always looking, always searching, never finding…so frustrating,” the voice continued, “How can one search when they don’t know what to find?”

Serpentine jumped to her feet. “Who’s there?”

“That’s not the question…”

She scanned the room, looking for anything that could be out of place. Mordokai dozed sitting upright in a chair, the firelight cast moving shadows on the walls, the door was slightly open, but she was still the only other person in the cottage. “What do you want?”

“Closer…getting closer…”

She tried to pin down the source of the voice, but it seemed to be coming from all around her. “What are you talking about?”

“What are you searching for?”

“That’s enough, Helgraf! Leave the girl alone!” Koorli’s voice cut through the darkness from the door. “She’s got enough to worry about!”

“I’m only trying to help…she can’t find it if she doesn’t know what it is.”

“She can do without your riddles.”

Serpentine looked confused. “Who is that?”

“She’s still asking the wrong questions…”

“She’s asking questions, that’s the important part,” Koorli scolded the voice. She turned to Serpentine. “Helgraf is…well, I’m not sure, really. Picked him up around 200 years ago and he just, won’t, leave.”

“But I can see so much from here.”

“That’s what worries me…” Koorli said sardonically. She closed the cottage door behind her. “He’s harmless, girl, just a little eccentric.”

“I’m a little teapot, look who’s black…” Helgraf’s sang.

“He’s also a royal pain in the backside.” Koorli added. “What are you doing, girl? It’s late, you should be sleeping.”

“I was trying to finish my first lesson…”

“And that is…”

Serpentine looked down at the floor. “Mi’ir wasn’t very specific…try to find that feeling that comes went my powers come out. Sh…he…didn’t say how…”

Koorli rolled her eyes. “No, he wouldn’t…”

“Part of the search is finding out what to look for…”

“Well, let’s see what we can do.” Koorli sat down in her chair near the fire. “Find my cat.”

“Um…what?”

“It’s a simple request, find my cat.”

Serpentine scanned the room a third time. There was no sign of the feline. “It’s too dark…she could be hiding”

“You’re trusting your eyes again…” As if to prove her point, what Serpentine had thought was a pillow leapt up at her. She squeaked and her vision blurred for a moment. What was a pillow became a large cat. The cat landed firmly on the floor and looked up at her indignantly. “There. See? That’s how it’s done.”

“Wait? I did that?”

“Takes a bit of power to get through her shapechange. Now then, do you remember what that felt like?”

“A…a bit…”

“Well then,” Koorli smiled slyly, “Find her again…”
    It feels like every ship you write, your writings get better and better, love it Cristo.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Troll in the Playground

Hm. It seems I've finally come full-circle. Doin' a RHL/Mordy/GW songfic.

Flight before Fight (IStLY fic)
    RabbitHoleLost; Mordokai mentioned and ghost_warlock there in spirit
    Song: "Ironspy" by Splashdown.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ironspy
    I didn't hear you coming from behind.
    Yes, I'm afraid to turn around,
    To watch you point and whisper like a child.

Rabbit ran through the streets; her emotions churning, her body knowing only one objective: get away. She pushed aside villagers as she fought her way out of the town. She didn't give them a second glance or thought. Behind her, the villagers nursed their skinned knees and hands. A child cried and ran to find his mother, his nose dripping blood after being fiercly elbowed by her.

Someone
    Stop my hands from shaking
    Iron in my spine's conducting lightning
    Raging anger,
    Yeah, you've never been truly mine,
    But if you were, yes, if you were, I wouldn't want you anyway.

'How could he be alive!?' her thoughts raced. 'His body had been missing. Oh, no, perhaps never missing at all! He'd simply gotten up and walked away! Someone saved him, how dare they! How could I have been so foolish to leave him lying there like that!? He upset me so much, I needed to clear my head... I hate the way he makes me feel!'

Please leave -- stay...
    I promise I'll try harder now.
    You've made the cut, and stayed to watch it bleed,
    Just making sure, your secret stays with me...

Clearing the town, she continued running until she arrived at a small copse of trees where she'd stashed her skeletal steed. Climbing into the saddle, she tried to bring order to her thoughts, get control. 'Who was that woman? Why were they holding hands? She had her damn hands all over him... But he's mine! Okay, no, maybe not; not really. Turtle wanted him, too. I killed him, that should have ended this! These feelings were supposed to die with him. Why does he have to do this to me, make me feel like this? I can't think straight around him! Damn you, paladin! Why couldn't he have stayed dead?'

Someone
    Raging anger,

Though her mount was controlled merely through mental effort, she kicked the sides of the skeletal horse viciously, enjoying the small relief cracking its ribs gave. A number of questions streamed through ther thoughts. 'Someone had to have been there the whole time. That's the only way they could have found the body before I returned; the only way they could save him before he expired. Who? A spy? Am I being watched? Could that be it? Is it Tsar Peter's "ghost?" The ghost-man in my dream?'

Ironspy
    The lines just keep escaping me.
    And people on the trains play little games
    To keep their guns from firing rage restrained.

She raced the skeletal horse away from the village, towards home. She had to check the entrails, search them for answers. 'The ghost-man? Was he responsible for this, reviving Mordokai? Who was he? He seemed so familiar... Have I seen him before? Is he the source of the Tsar's paranoia? Could he be spying on both of us? Does he know about our...arrangement? The murder of Peter's father? Oh, gods, does he know about Ina? The poison I gave her to finish Peter?'

Someone
    Raging anger,

'Damn you, Mordokai. You should've stayed dead. I'll kill you for this, and I'll make it hurt; make sure you stay dead this time! And spy, whoever you are, you're going to die, too. How dare you bring him back!? How dare you violate my dreams? When I'm done with you, there won't be enough left to reanimate.' Her skeletal steed tearing across the landscape, she left the village far behind.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-12-07 at 10:50 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    Hm. It seems I've finally come full-circle. Doin' a RHL/Mordy/GW songfic.

Flight before Fight (IStLY fic)
    RabbitHoleLost; Mordokai mentioned and ghost_warlock there in spirit
    Song: "Ironspy" by Splashdown.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ironspy
    I didn't hear you coming from behind.
    Yes, I'm afraid to turn around,
    To watch you point and whisper like a child.

Rabbit ran through the streets; her emotions churning, her body knowing only one objective: get away. She pushed aside villagers as she fought her way out of the town. She didn't give them a second glance or thought. Behind her, the villagers nursed their skinned knees and hands. A child cried and ran to find his mother, his nose dripping blood after being fiercing elbowed by her.

Someone
    Raging anger,

'How could he be alive!?' her thoughts raced. 'His body had been missing. Oh, no, perhaps never missing at all! He'd simply gotten up and walked away! Someone saved him, how dare they! How could I have been so foolish to leave him lying there like that!? He upset me so much, I needed to clear my head... I hate the way he makes me feel!'

Please leave -- stay...
    I promise I'll try harder now.
    You've made the cut, and stayed to watch it bleed,
    Just making sure, your secret stays with me...

Clearing the town, she continued running until she arrived at a small copse of trees where she'd stashed her skeletal steed. Climbing into the saddle, she tried to bring order to her thoughts, get control. 'Who was that woman? Why were they holding hands? She had her damn hands all over him... But he's mine! Okay, no, maybe not; not really. Turtle wanted him, too. I killed him, that should have ended this! These feelings were supposed to die with him. Why does he have to do this to me, make me feel like this? I can't think straight around him! Damn you, paladin! Why couldn't he have stayed dead?'

Someone
    Raging anger,

Though her mount was controlled merely through mental effort, she kicked the sides of the skeletal horse viciously, enjoying the small relief cracking its ribs gave. A number of questions streamed through ther thoughts. 'Someone had to have been there the whole time. That's the only way they could have found the body before I returned; the only way they could save him before he expired. Who? A spy? Am I being watched? Could that be it? Is it Tsar Peter's "ghost?" The ghost-man in my dream?'

Ironspy
    The lines just keep escaping me.
    And people on the trains play little games
    To keep their guns from firing rage restrained.

She raced the skeletal horse away from the village, towards home. She had to check the entrails, search them for answers. 'The ghost-man? Was he responsible for this, reviving Mordokai? Who was he? He seemed so familiar... Have I seen him before? Is he the source of the Tsar's paranoia? Could he be spying on both of us? Does he know about our...arrangement? The murder of Peter's father? Oh, gods, does he know about Ina? The poison I gave her to finish Peter?'

Someone
    Raging anger,

'Damn you, Mordokai. You should've stayed dead. I'll kill you for this, and I'll make it hurt; make sure you stay dead this time! And spy, whoever you are, you're going to die, too. How dare you bring him back!? How dare you violate my dreams? When I'm done with you, there won't be enough left to reanimate.' Her skeletal steed tearing across the landscape, she left the village far behind.
    I had been thinking of doing this, but had been waiting on the next part of Whisper.
    I'm glad I waited.
    This is absolutely fricken' fantastic (phantasmic?)

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

Excellent ship GW. So many questions, no answers.

Somebody needs to songship Rabbit with this creepy song of hers. I can't get it to go away. *shakes paw at Rabbit*
    And yes I'm aware it fits Hitomi better (being her song). Just was unsure if Hitomi is up for the shipping like Rabbit is.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Troll in the Playground

Excellent ship GW. So many questions, no answers.

Somebody needs to songship Rabbit with this creepy song of hers. I can't get it to go away. *shakes paw at Rabbit*
    And yes I'm aware it fits Hitomi better (being her song). Just was unsure if Hitomi is up for the shipping like Rabbit is.
    Hitomi's been shipped before, yes.
    But you don't need to ship her to that song.
    I haz a plot in mind for it >>

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ettin in the Playground

@g_w:

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.

*seal of DR approval*

Damn, IStLY is spinning out in so many different (yet simultaneous) plotlines, it's difficult to keep track. Presumably they will one day come together yes?

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

^ Not likely.

But all the writers need to get stuck together in a room and forced to hash out the best climax ever for that series.

@ Rabbit: That plot is going to be creepy . Therefore, I can't wait .
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #1010

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    Heh. Heh. Very nice. You tempt me to write a companion piece.
    Be my guest.

You know you're getting better Cristo? Take your compliment. Take it!!

“I’m a little teapot, look who’s black…” is one my new favorite lines.
    Heh, I liked that line too.

I do have occasional moments of genius...that humility thing, though, never seemed to take.
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2008-12-07 at 12:43 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Troll in the Playground

I was so busy playing solitaire on the computer and writing fics last night that I didn't get a chance to review the other fics that've been posted. I guess I'll do that now.

@DD: Another great addition to/continuation of the DR/DD romance plot. Seems like the 'full weight of their seperation' has finally hit DR. Now, I wonder where those guards are going to put Cobra... Hopefully they can keep him out of DR's luggage. The last thing they need is him trying to fit into one of her spare outfits while wearing that armor...

@Curly: But...drabble...100 words... *head aspodes* *regnerates* Okay, that aside... I liked it. Rabbit really means business, here, and isn't pulling any punches. That golem was epic. I considered having her riding one like that in "Flight before Fight," but decided to differentiate the plots. That, and I figured she must've been in town for groceries or something and wasn't expecting a fight.

@Cristo: Honestly, I'm coming into this serial part-way. Very...interesting. I think I'm going to have to go through the archives, now.

@Helgraf: Hm. For some reason, I feel that Ghost in the IStLY series could really relate to Mordy, here, dealing with this mad oracle. I can see them having a debate, weighing the pros and cons of Helgraf vs. Cobra. "At least your mad-oracle is coherent." Mordy would say. "At least yours doesn't put on a dress and lipstick and try to seduce you with catmuffins!" Ghost would counter...

@RHL: I'm really glad you liked it! Although, now I sort of feel that I've cheated myself out of a much-awaited Rabbit-fic. I anxiously anticipate your creepy-song-fic.

@DD, Curly, DR, Reinholdt and anyone else I missed who commented on my little fic(s): Thank you! Sorry about the poor-quality sound for the song I linked. But what do you expect from YouTube? If you do a web search for Splashdown, though, you should be able to find a site or two you can download that song (and several others) at better quality. So far as I know, they've been released free to the public since the band broke up. The singer, Melissa Kaplan, is doing her own stuff, now, as Universal Hall Pass. Definitely worth a listen. /shameless plug

@IStLY plot wrap-ups: Well, as I've stated before, I've still got a few more ideas, but they're primarily related to the soon-ending Grail arc. Afterwards, I have few concrete plans for the other characters. Really, since this is an open-continuity series, other than a few loose ends/questions I'll be wrapping up/answering in the last Grail, I'm trying not to make too many long-running plans so that other writers can jump in when inspired. Will all of it ever be wrapped up? Really, your guess is as good as mine. I know how I'd like to see it end for a couple of the characters, Ghost in particular, but I want the storyline to stay malleable and subject to the inspiration and contribution of other 'shippers. However, some conspiring via PM by the various authors is always welcome, at least by me. I know that Zar Peter, TwoBit, Dirk, and I are already guilty of this and there's probably some other communication regarding plot tie-ins going on that I'm not aware of.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-12-07 at 01:56 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm, I'm not conspiring, I swear.
    I'm just going along with the flow!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

23. - Top - End - #1013

I'm caught up, and now that I'm no longer singing at every hour of the day, I might manage to write something within the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    Scourge Inc: Passing on
    (Helgraf, RHL, CKG, and Phoe; LyinginBedmon and Thufir by mention)
    Spoiler
    Show

Darkness ... submersion in the underlying sine wave. Submerged in minds long gone but still unnervingly present.

Stars opened in the dome of darkness; white pinpricks that silently merged into a gigantic jagged brightness. Blinding brillance slowly faded; color came next, fuzzy pastels, rough geometric shapes, and he - as he was once more just he, no more a part of the infinite ficition; he wept for the loss, a loss he could not truly comprehend but which nevertheless was burned into every synapse.

Feet of clay. Everything was clay, soft but firm, too firm to bend. The loss was indescribable. And he wept.

They watched him silently, watched milk-white orbs weep tears, watched as his head canted back and forth.

"Is he ... going to be alright?"

"He's conscious again, that's an improvement over when we found him,"

"Why are we here again? We should be rescuing Thufir already!"

"He learned something about Thufir he needed to tell us before the line went dead. Perhaps - for once - we shouldn't just charge in."

The soft sobbing in the corner subsided.

There ... not there. All blurred and crude geometrics. Hands came up, wiped his eyes, murmured something under his breath. The greyness drained from his eyes, leaving behind oddly silver irises. He looked around, saw Phoe, Rabbit and Curly in a cluster. Took in his surroundings. This certainly wasn't the Epic Floor.

"Where?," his voice rasped out in inquiry.

"Well, we don't exactly have a medical center yet..."

"But Rabbit has a basic medical training...

"And I told you we shouldn't move him, but"

"We couldn't just _leave him there_"

"Ladies," he murmured softly. They went on for a bit. "Ladies ... I know ... where Thufir is."

He pushed himself up to a sitting position, drawing a breath slowly that seemed to fill his lungs and at the same time tear into them like knives.

"Beyond ... we touch lives, these words they kindle, they warm, they inspire and terrify," he began, coughing wretchedly into his left hand, "You know this, of course. Zero ... zero sought more, sought the cause, wanted to draw the power directly. Needed the constant flow of inspiration, pathos, imago that the writers of Shipping Inc. provided - to force the bridge ... the room ... constructed it, refined it, redefined it. Embraced it. He is there, he is gone. Thufir ... found? Researched? Perhaps he was inspired. Perhaps Zero - or what Zero became/is/will be sought him."

Another wracking spasm seized him. Blood flecks.

"Thufir ... did not seek immersion. To stand on the boundary, be the gate. Where the imago would flow effortlessly through. Sustain him. Now ... he has been torn out. Removed. Blocked.

He made a brief circling motion around a center point in the air. "Lying has secured him ... antimagic. Not strong enough to break the source, but strong enough to keep Thufir from it ... Thufir too weak to break the barriers without ... breaking himself. Without ... following Zero. Zeroing out."

His head lolled forward ... and perhaps he'd passed out again; but before any of the three reached him, he roused once more.

" ... not much ... made a ... link. Spoke ... briefly. Gave power ... energy ... life. Too much. Enough? I hope. I must." His speech was becoming more erratic. Concerned looks exchanged between the three of them.

"... desk ... paper ... cell. Thufir ... knows ... will signal? Hope ... I must. Too much lost ... otherwise."

He looked to the three of them, offered a soft, awkward smile, as their faces began to blur together and run like wax.

"Mus' ... sleep ... ... now."

I am, as usual, nervous and hoping I have not, in fact, misrepresented any of you in this shipping.
    Wow. You've taken my idea of the visualisation room and made it so interesting. And helped inspire me to some extent for my next instalment. I'm particularly intrigued by what Helgraf says about Zero...

Oh, and everyone else's fics were awesome as well.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

24. - Top - End - #1014

Shadowland

Magotk/GemFlower
    Spoiler
    Show

Magtok's health had made remarkable imporvement due to Genflower's care. The young healer had taken great care to restore Magtok back to prime condition, but it was up to Magtok to bring his machinary back in order. Unfortunatly for him, there was limited technology in Gemflower's village.

Magtok soon found out more about Gemflower's village, such as it was the home of the resistance. Not so much a village as a hide out, rebels from all over came here as a cental hub, with manymore secret bases all over the kingdom. Fortunatly, there was enough trade to allow Magtok to repair his equipment to a degree, but nowhere near prime condition.

Magtok, lunch time!

Gemflower had been kind enough to allow Magtok to stay with her, much to magtok's confusion. He wan't used to such kindness. Lost in his thoughts, he began to eat his meal silently.
    So, I've heard that Wolfsbane and Twobit are going to lead another raid soon. This time, they said they were going to take out the main armies camp.
    So, they're going after the big dogs now, huh?

Yeah, they said they were looking for more volunteers.

Maybe I'll go, Magtok said jokingly.

No! Your still too injured! I don't want you to be hurt anymore. If you did I..I'd don't know what I'd do.. I can't bear to think what would happen if I lost you.

Relax Gemflower, I know I'm still to injured to go. Besides, what would I gain from going?

Oh, Gemflower's face was blushing bright red, your right. I should have known your too smart to go throw your life away like that. BEsides, why would you wnat to fight the army anyway? I hear that SurlySeraph is leading them.

Ah yes, I heard when he fell.

The meal soon concluded, and Magtok and Gemflower enjoyed the rest of the day togther.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    The next day

Gemflower woke up, and decided to check on Magtok. The surprise she found left her speechless.

Dear Gemflower, I am sorry, but there si something I need to do. Something that involves Surly. I'll be back soon.
    Magtok

Gemflower rushed out of the room, and asked the nerest person she could find
    Have the rebels left yet!!!

Yes, they left maybe an hour ago.

No, Magtok......
    . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    The rebels were moving silently through the woods, barely keeping up uusing his cane.

I'm sorry Gemflower. But I have to do this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Orc in the Playground

((Hi there, this is part three of my letters series. This is based loosely on The Great Northern War. As always, comments are welcome.))

Letter 3: A new city. (Zar "Tzar" Peter/Lex-Cat Guest staring General Haruki.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dearest Zar,
    I hear that you siezed Estonia and Ingria. That is great! The king of the Sweden must seek peace now, and then we can be together. I can hardly wait to see you again. Every moment away from you is a moment to long. Oh, and before I forget, please give General haruki love from a friend of mine.

Your beloved,
    Lex-Cat

Zar read the letter again, smiling. He had sent the peace offering. He was willing to give back the both provences. Well, except one part...Zar left the tent, and saluted his guards. General haruki walked up to him.

The men are ready for the dedication sire.

Thank-you very much. By the way, one of Lex's friends sends her love.

Haruki smiles and blushes slightly.

Not sure if that's...correct behavior sir. The general shakes his head. Anyway sir, the men want to hear your speech.

Alright...I'm ready. Zar walks up to a crude but effective soap box. He clears his throat, and the already silent soldiers stand at attention. Zar starts to speak.
    My men...you have fought well for me, and at times you have died for me. For this, there is nothing I can do, no way to repay this debt. I can however, give you this city that I will create. It shall be called "St. Petersburg" after the greatest of the apostles. After this war is over, you shall live here in relitive comfort and safety. However, if we are to end this war, we must train. With modern firearms, and cavalry. I hope we won'- Zar spies a man approching the platform. He gestures to the man. What is it?

Message from the king.

Zar opens the envlope and reads it quickly. He crumbles the note.
    It's war then.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Troll in the Playground

@Saint Nil: Great series you've got going on here, I really like seeing how you're re-envisioning all of the 'shippin' Playgrounders in light of the setting. I've been thinking about what Shadowland GW would be like, judging on the basis that he's some sort of evil-mirror-version of myself/the persona I portray. Ultimately, I usually either end up with some sort of paradox or something that's kinda horrible and probably not enjoyable to read about.

@Inigo: Great, historical, epistolary you've got going on here. Not sure I have many comments other than 'keep 'em comin'', though. So, like I said, MOAR!!

I might have another fic sometime in the morning, not sure. My motivation level is crashing a bit...I'll see if I can do something to recover.

Edit: oh, and my motivation issue has nothing to do with ya'll; you've been great. I just get like this sometimes...

Update: Maybe I'll have something Tuesday.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-12-08 at 05:33 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you for taking my place while I was gone, GW. I feel so guilty, but weekends are always my worst times for checking GitP.

I promise everyone that I have read all the fic postings of the past 48 hours, and I have to say they are each and everyone very fun to read.

I do have to give a special shout-out to Cristo for his awesome 2nd Chapter of the Shadowrun fic, and for two more chapters with Mi'ir, Mordokai, Serpentine, etc.

Saint Nil deserves praise for his ever-more twisted Shadowland fic series. As does Inigo for his wonderful historial letters. Helgraf always contributes something that I look forward to reading.

DD is still writing very good fics, GW is still the king who I am but an unworthy court jester when compared to

Curly is still my empress and I have yet to not enjoy something she has written.

Is that all? I have to go to work now and don't want to miss anyone...

@V: Its not my fault that we chose a run on a place with an inferior matrix security system. I'm sure I've gotten more than my share of nosebleeds before!
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-12-08 at 08:41 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1018

Well of course you enjoyed it, you got to sit in your comfy little hidey-hole and mock me the entire run...

I think all my silly has been co-opted by the Shadowrun fics...I mean, look how serious the Mi'ir/Mordokai/and co ones have gotten...

...I really should name that serial, save Curly some character space...

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Troll in the Playground

...I really should name that serial, save Curly some character space...
    I've always thougth 'Virgil' is a good name. You should name the serial Virgil.

30. - Top - End - #1020

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    I've always thougth 'Virgil' is a good name. You should name the serial Virgil.

...*whacks with a newspaper*