New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Ravnica:: City of Wolves! [game begins!]

I don't see why it's in anyones best interests to step forward. The teams all have scry actions, and that is what can get them making informed votes, and get alliances up and running easily.

If you step forward, then you are going to be a red flashing target for the two teams that need to eliminate your faction.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

I led the bandwagon against Murska, but only followed the Helgraf one that makes me feel less guilty about voting for Helgraf.

Although, I don't think Murska is long for this world in Smash Bros.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

((But a green light for all your allies. It's sort of a sacrifice yourself to get alliances formed type thing (since you will die during the night. Maybe not right away, but you will.)

Whether it's a good idea or not... hard to say. But it would probably be more interesting than randomly voting.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #154

* Is confused *

I point at Muska...
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Pixie in the Playground

I point at Helgraf
    Avvy by Bisected8

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Shadow

Don't know if he's in the game, but he's a wolf!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Shadow

Don't know if he's in the game, but he's a wolf!
    He isn't, but Shadowcaller is.
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, I do like me a bandwagon. Murska it is!

9. - Top - End - #159

Helgraf, to keep it even.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Firbolg in the Playground

I, uh, Helgraf?
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2008-11-15 at 10:15 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

Murska, to keep it even.

Format shamelessly stolen from Shadowcaller .
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2008-11-14 at 08:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

12. - Top - End - #162

First day randomness FTW!!!
    Last edited by Istari; 2008-11-14 at 08:10 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Completely ill-equipped with knowledge or reasoning of the setting he's thrust himself into, Fullbladder wanders the streets, simultaneously damning his bad aim and the multiverse in general.

In his bumbling anf mumbling, he almost half recognizes Ganurath, and for a time follows behind that one.
    Last edited by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins; 2008-11-15 at 03:35 PM.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

*coin flip* Helgraf

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    First day randomness FTW!!!
    It's not just first day randomness. With no set bad guys, the only repercussions to killing people at random is that it slows down your progress towards victory and jeopardizes your chances of allying with other factions.
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

Not to mention the Izzet, who have to be extra careful not to lynch one of their own.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

17. - Top - End - #167

Now why are you trying so hard to put me under, folks? I'm dead in almost every game; hell, I got killed by a golf ball in Grave Robbers. A *golf ball*, for crying out loud!

Two games in two days. Not my record, but annoying nevertheless even though I recognize it's the 'risks of playing the game'.

Don't suppose Fullbladder or Selrahc or any of the Ganurath wagoneers might be convinced to vote for Murska - or any of my "random pointers" might move to another target?
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

I guess I'll vote for Murska...

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't suppose Fullbladder or Selrahc or any of the Ganurath wagoneers might be convinced to vote for Murska - or any of my "random pointers" might move to another target?
    Well I'm actually voting for Vampiric, but yeah, I could change my vote. PM with your best offer.

EDIT: Also, I don't think you are dead in Graverobbers, I think that was a bit of random silliness by the narrators.
    Last edited by Selrahc; 2008-11-15 at 06:58 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Hmf. I didn't really want to bandwagon anyone, and at least not you since you're dead in other games as well, Helgraf, but I was sort of forced to it due to your 'spontaneous' decision to join with Ganurath and try to off me instead...

EDIT: Helgraf... Where does it say you got killed by the golf ball? All I see is that you were hit by it and the playerlist doesn't note you being dead either.
    Last edited by Murska; 2008-11-15 at 06:54 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGuy

Cool. Bandwagon. Murska.
    -SPLAT!-

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Helgraf

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hap_hazard View Post
    Cool. Bandwagon. Murska.
    Don't cheat. You voted for me already.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

24. - Top - End - #174

So is the day over yet?

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

It says days are 72 hours, so in about 9 hours from now.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Completely ill-equipped with knowledge or reasoning of the setting he's thrust himself into, Fullbladder wanders the streets, simultaneously damning his bad aim and the multiverse in general.

In his bumbling anf mumbling, he almost half recognizes Ganurath, and for a time follows behind that one.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((10,000 years ago, Ravnica (essentially Fantasy Coruscant) was torn by conflict between the factions of Order and Chaos, the biggest fighters in which were Cizarim or something like that, a giant cyclops who had actually unified the Gruul Clans, a feat comparible to unifying the Orks in 40K who championed Chaos, whereas Law was fought for by Razia, a fiery angel who lead her race to try to create peace. Supposedly, although there is no record of this, the fighting was brought to a pause by the arrival of a psychic vampire, Szadek of House Dimir, which gave an Azorius Senator the chance to propose the Guildpact. The details I know are sketchy due to what happened in the book (the actor playing the giant cyclops was using a magic belt that forced him to remain in character, and that did not entail waiting for six more guildmasters) but ultimately ten guilds signed on with different roles: The Selesnyan Conclave would be the living spirit of the law, the Boros Legion the enforcers of the law, the Orzhov Syndicate would provide a check by which citizens may defend themselves against the law, the Azorius Senate would arbitrate the law, the Gruul Clans were charged with defending nature (they did poorly,) and although it isn't common knowledge the Cult of Rakdos and House Dimir were to strengthen the magic of the Guildpact through opposition, direct and indirect in each respective case. It's never explicitely stated what the Simic, Izzet, or Golgari are meant to do, but I'm guessing that due to what roles they play the Golgari manage maintainence (they give out free food to the poor, don't ask what,) the Izzet facilitate progress (plumbing, magitech, preventing natural disasters,) and the Simic provide medical aid and development, although recently they have claimed to take over the original role of the Gruul Clans.

Flash forward 9,000 years. Svogthir, the best necromancer in Ravnica, is otherthrown as leader of the Golgari by the Sisters of Stone Death, a coven of gorgons that had their numbers reduced from five to three during the coup. Rakdos Rebellions occur every couple of decades, and every generation the Boros Legion switches from police mode to military mode to kick them back into their volcanic headquarters. It's at about this point the once proud and noble Gruul Clans have been truly broken, now less associated with protecting nature and more associated with the Beggars Union and slave rebellions against the Orzhov. Niv-Mizzet, guildmaster of the Izzet League, is the last of his race, and his inner circle's initiation involves mindraping them into becoming geniuses (they don't call him the Firemind for nothing.) It should be noted that Ravnican years are shorter than our years, I'd estimate roughly half the length. All the numbers you've seen have been in Ravnican years.

Now, we move to the recent events of the last few decades. Savra of the devkarin elves has become the high priestess of her race. There was a Rakdos Rebellion within this generation, so expect a lot of prejudice and hostility in the ranks of the Wojek, the policing subdivision of the Boros Legion. Momir Vig, last of a nearly dead ethnic group of elves, recently became the guildmaster of the Simic Combine. The Izzet recently attempted an experiment to wipe out the plague in a reclamation zone called Utvara that had interesting results, a Schism in the sky.

Current events: Given how Savra is alive and in charge of the Golgari at this time, it can only be assumed we are either on an alternate timeline or that we're somewhere in the storyline of the first book, where Savra recently staged a coup against the Sisters of Stone Death with the help of the newly ressurected Svogthir, who was using the necrotized body of a certain giant cyclops (actually, just his torso, not sure where the rest came from.) She then killed Svogthir after he killed two of the sisters, and absorbed his power. The surviving sister was made privy to Savra's plans for her, and she liked it. Preperations are being made for the Decamillenial festival at Vitu-Ghazi, where the Chorus of the Conclave will renew the Guildpact.))

27. - Top - End - #177

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((10,000 years ago, Ravnica (essentially Fantasy Coruscant) was torn by conflict between the factions of Order and Chaos, the biggest fighters in which were Cizarim or something like that, a giant cyclops who had actually unified the Gruul Clans, a feat comparible to unifying the Orks in 40K who championed Chaos, whereas Law was fought for by Razia, a fiery angel who lead her race to try to create peace. Supposedly, although there is no record of this, the fighting was brought to a pause by the arrival of a psychic vampire, Szadek of House Dimir, which gave an Azorius Senator the chance to propose the Guildpact. The details I know are sketchy due to what happened in the book (the actor playing the giant cyclops was using a magic belt that forced him to remain in character, and that did not entail waiting for six more guildmasters) but ultimately ten guilds signed on with different roles: The Selesnyan Conclave would be the living spirit of the law, the Boros Legion the enforcers of the law, the Orzhov Syndicate would provide a check by which citizens may defend themselves against the law, the Azorius Senate would arbitrate the law, the Gruul Clans were charged with defending nature (they did poorly,) and although it isn't common knowledge the Cult of Rakdos and House Dimir were to strengthen the magic of the Guildpact through opposition, direct and indirect in each respective case. It's never explicitely stated what the Simic, Izzet, or Golgari are meant to do, but I'm guessing that due to what roles they play the Golgari manage maintainence (they give out free food to the poor, don't ask what,) the Izzet facilitate progress (plumbing, magitech, preventing natural disasters,) and the Simic provide medical aid and development, although recently they have claimed to take over the original role of the Gruul Clans.

Flash forward 9,000 years. Svogthir, the best necromancer in Ravnica, is otherthrown as leader of the Golgari by the Sisters of Stone Death, a coven of gorgons that had their numbers reduced from five to three during the coup. Rakdos Rebellions occur every couple of decades, and every generation the Boros Legion switches from police mode to military mode to kick them back into their volcanic headquarters. It's at about this point the once proud and noble Gruul Clans have been truly broken, now less associated with protecting nature and more associated with the Beggars Union and slave rebellions against the Orzhov. Niv-Mizzet, guildmaster of the Izzet League, is the last of his race, and his inner circle's initiation involves mindraping them into becoming geniuses (they don't call him the Firemind for nothing.) It should be noted that Ravnican years are shorter than our years, I'd estimate roughly half the length. All the numbers you've seen have been in Ravnican years.

Now, we move to the recent events of the last few decades. Savra of the devkarin elves has become the high priestess of her race. There was a Rakdos Rebellion within this generation, so expect a lot of prejudice and hostility in the ranks of the Wojek, the policing subdivision of the Boros Legion. Momir Vig, last of a nearly dead ethnic group of elves, recently became the guildmaster of the Simic Combine. The Izzet recently attempted an experiment to wipe out the plague in a reclamation zone called Utvara that had interesting results, a Schism in the sky.

Current events: Given how Savra is alive and in charge of the Golgari at this time, it can only be assumed we are either on an alternate timeline or that we're somewhere in the storyline of the first book, where Savra recently staged a coup against the Sisters of Stone Death with the help of the newly ressurected Svogthir, who was using the necrotized body of a certain giant cyclops (actually, just his torso, not sure where the rest came from.) She then killed Svogthir after he killed two of the sisters, and absorbed his power. The surviving sister was made privy to Savra's plans for her, and she liked it. Preperations are being made for the Decamillenial festival at Vitu-Ghazi, where the Chorus of the Conclave will renew the Guildpact.))
    A good summary Ganurath, I could not have said it better myself.

28. - Top - End - #178

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Ganurath is trying to make my head pop with information about the setting, which I did read yet I'm not sure if it stuck, so I'm pretty much persuadable.

I've been persuaded to point at Murska, anyway.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Ganurath is trying to make my head pop with information about the setting, which I did read yet I'm not sure if it stuck, so I'm pretty much persuadable.

I've been persuaded to point at Murska, anyway.
    OOC: Feel free to PM me if you want information on specific guilds, although understand that the information on House Dimir is somewhat limited due to their secretive nature.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Meh. I don't like bandwagons. So I'm not gonna point at Helgraf OR Murska.

evnafets points at Istari for not reading the rules about how long the day is.

(now THATS a random first day point)