New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1

Default You bring your homebrew class 2!

It wasn't a pretty day. But then, in the last years, few days had been it.

Dark clouds fill the skies over the small village of Lagos, raining water and unnatural purple lightings as far as the eye can see. The storm has lasted for more than one day now. The village itself is built on the middle of a gods-forsaken swamp, with marshes as far as the eye can see at east and west, and a deep dark forest to the south. On top of a relatively small hill that allowed the building of an handfull of wooden stable structures, Lagos is surrounded by a crude but solid palisade, decorated with trophies of several creatures, showing that the habitants have known how to defend themselves over the years. Just a dozen steps from the village is a river large enough to allow sizeable boats to go trough it, and has allowed the village some degree of prosperity, from all those who head on towards the Shaddow Marches in search of treasure. It's strategically located in the closest thing to a safe road there is connecting the Shaddow Marches and the northern lands.

Most of the houses are simple huts for the orcs, half-orcs and humans who live in Lagos and sustain themselves out of a combination of fishing, hunting, foraging and services to the expeditions who now and then pass by. The Second Mourning hasn't affected their lifes much, since no dragon markeds lived nearby. A relatively rude but friendly community, they seem to be happy with normal lifes.

Outside the village, floating a few feets above the ground is "Vento Salgado", a mighty airship who has docked in Lagos the last day, aparently to take cover from the storm and ressuply.

From the remaining buildings, there's a small artisan's guild, that supplies all kind of basic tools to the community, a stone house where an halfing artificer has setled with his wife and sons, hoping to get new artifacts from passing adventurers instead of risking his own skin, a barracks where the villagers who seek to develop their martial skills gather to learn and organize the safety of the village, and a large tavern, "The Drunken Leech", where orcish barmaster Kraghj supplies all kind of spirits and exotic food made from swamp's fauna and flora by his own hand. The villagers seem to be specially found of his seaweed beer, despite it's sick green aspect.

It's in there you find yourselfs now, taking cover from the heavy storm outside just as most of the local population. The place is heavy crowded, several tables with groups of adults gamble their silver with dices, cards and other games while the young gather to a corner to hear an human bard tell stories of ancient adventures. Others simply drink and eat and talk about nothing in particular. A couple orcs have just gotten into a fist brawl for an unclear reason and the bystanders are taking bets for the winner, cheering them on.

What stands out in particular is an half-elf in fancy expensive clothing, who has taken the center largest table for himself. Vento Salgado's captain, Sijal, who looks around with a cunning smile while taking small sips from the local green beer. A scimitar at his belt, he looks an hardened person who has experienced quite a lot. Siting with him are his lieutenants, a dwarf in armor, a warforged covered in draps, a gnome carrying a staff and an human with a large blade at his back over his mythral chainshirt, all talking between themselves in short tones. They all exude an aura of discipline, and treat Sijal with profound respect. Standing on foot around them are a dozen crewmans in just leather armor, basic weapons at their belts, making sure nobody aproaches their captain unwanted.

Then, after around a quarter of hour, the captain calls some of his crewmans, whispers something to each of them, and they go to each one of you. Making a small bow, they look you in the eyes and say in a clear polite voice:

"Captain Sijal wishes you to join his table to drink togheter and talk of businesses. The captain believes you've got what it takes to help him in his current mission."
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-11-11 at 08:43 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: You bring your homebrew class 2!

Akresh watches the man as he approaches and listens to his speech without comment, waiting about 5 seconds before nodding and then his body appears to discorporate into shadow and he reforms directly behind the half-elf

"You wanted to discuss business with me?"

Spoiler
    Show

Stance: Hearing the air (30 foot blindsense and +5 insight bonus on Listen checks.

Quick Reconnoiter allows a spot and listen check every round as a free action, from now on assume that I am taking one every round. +21 on the Listen check and +23 on the Spot check. I'll roll this rounds but please roll the rest of them.

Listen: (1d20+21)[41]
    Spot: (1d20+23)[31]

Akresh's current persona is that of a human trader from Sharn named John Lort, he used to be a cavan guard before the current unpleasantness killed his previous employer and now he is trying to set himself up as a broker of high value, low bulk items. Those in the know and with the right contacts know that this is in fact a cover identity and that in reality John is a thief, information broker, and spy with ties to Breland intelligence.

Short of attempting to read Akresh's mind, more information can't be gained about this identity.
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rin doesn't mind the rain in itself. It's been the being caught in it that annoys her. And now she's reluctant to get up from her spot by the fire, drying her long hair and doing her best not to get involved with the betting. (That's not seemly for a priestess.)

She's been occasionally glancing over to the expensive mercenary-sort party at the other table every so often, but the direct question surprises her. Raising an eyebrow and sighing a little, she nods with a light bow in return, and makes her way casually over to the table, noting the human who has apparently been told the same thing.

"Is there something you wanted me to help you with?"
    Current Characters

I made my avatar myself. You look kind of surprised! Eeh hee hee!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha
    Samantha watches warily as the man walks over to her, she was curious as to why an airship captain would want to talk to her.

What can I do for you?
    Sha asks as she sits with the half elf and the other adventurers.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

Vorato

Vorato is wearing a plain, male face today. Short, brown hair, little scar on his chin, beard stubble, brown leather clothes. Grey, cold eyes; he never changes those, even if he could.
    As he is approached with an offer, he stands up and steps closer.
    A small, cynical smile dances across his lips as one of the other "guests" displays his shadow power. This would be more interesting than he had thought.
    "So?", he asked.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Ainariel

Ainariel clutches the hilt of his rapier as the messenger approaches, but relaxes a bit after he gets the message. He checks the bar for anyone who might be watching him, and takes a good look at the rest of the adventurers who have gone up. Finally, Ainariel hurries across to the table, sitting at the place that puts as few people behind him as possible. "I'm here. Tell me what this 'current mission' is, and I'll tell you if I want to take it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+14)[26]
    Listen: (1d20+14)[18]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Emilio

The disheveled psion looks up before the crewman can say anything.

"Obviously," he interrupts him. Emilio pauses, "Oh wait, time flows that way for you. Tell him I much appreciate the drink he's about to buy me."

Emilio seats himself next to the captain.

"You have an eye for form, it seems?"

Spoiler
    Show
    No powers yet, just crazy talk.
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2008-11-11 at 08:30 PM.
    A post about nothing.

8. - Top - End - #8

As you acept the invitation and sit in the center table, Sijal skillfully throwing some golden shiny coins to Kraghj, asking to keep the drinks coming. Smiling lightly, he looks at each of you in the eyes with a pair of charming emerald globes and speacks in an elegant yet strong voice, while his lieutenants keep silent.

Thank you all for joining my table, dear friends. I'm Sijal, captain of Vento Salgado, and I've sailed trough most of Eberron's skies in my fifty years of work. Now, I believe we have never met before, but I must say, I've got a good eye to seeing people's...Let's call it people's "talent". You see, most people are what we call "normal", but some can shoot fire out of their hands, others can do some amazing jobs with a blade, others still can dismantle a mechanism in mere seconds. I've seen many of these talents during my career, and I've become quite adept at identifying if someone has those kinds of talent or is just another normal person.

No, I don't ask you to tell your stories or exact abilities, everybody has their secrets and I understand if you don't want to talk about them. I trust my instinct that you're all quite capable at something, and it's capable people I need now. But it's no use trying to trick me that you're just simple travelers.

Now, on to the what truly matters, even in these hard times, businesses.

As you all probably know one of the major factions on this swamps were the Gatekeepers. Orcs who draw their power from nature and defeated a daelkyr invasion, so we should all be very thankfull to them . One not so well known detail fewer people know is that the gatekeepers were taught most of their skills by a dragon, Vvaraak, a lot of time ago. Like most dragons, he also acumulated a lot of wealth, but aparently spent most of it studying the dragon prophecy and creating measures against the daelkyr. For what it seems he stored his discoveries inside his vault, to keep them safe.

After the dragon's death, however, the gatekeepers decided to turn the place into a holy shrine and stop anyone from entering it. Thanks to that, a lot of extremely valuable artifacts, scrolls and books has been kept away from civilization for many years. For the last centuries the gatekeepers had forgoten the location of the shrine, but it was lie, and they took all kind of measures to keep it hidden from us explorers.

We know it was a lie because recently a druid came asking help for my beloved benevolent lord, who managed to make his honorable house survive the second mourning mostly unarmed thanks to his wisdom and skill.

The druid in question was an old aquaitance, and we had worked togheter several times to fight the servants of the dragon below and aberrations run loose. But this time only, he was desesperate for help.

Because for what it seems the gatekeepers have stretched their remaining forces to the limit during the last ten years, trying to contain the effects of the Second Mourning, to little avail. But meanwhile, the cult of the dragon below has gotten stronger. People are looking for new gods to protect them, and aberrations run wild everywhere. The wardings of the vault of Vvaraak has weakened, and the Cult of the Dragon Below has discovered and attacked it. So far the gatekeepers seem to have managed to hold off the attacks, but the cultists come back stronger every time. So he came at us asking for reinforcments. And my lord sent us to aid out of his good will.

Now neither me, my companions or my crew are cowards or weak, but we would like to have as much force with us as possible for this mission. Most of the people in this village...They probably would be more hindrance than help in the upcoming battles. But you...You look like you're made of the right stuff for this mission. In return for your help you'll get a fair share of the enemy's spoils. Who knows, maybe we could get a look at the famed vault after we push back the cultists for good?

So, what do you say? You're interested?

As Sijal finishes his speech, the barkeeper brings several tankards full of beer and distributes them around the table. The dwarf quickly gets hold of his, drinks it in one sip and remarks:

Ya talk too much captain. Pansy tree hugging guys need help. We go and show them how to kill damn cultits. They go to hell, we get their shiny stuff, everybody stays happy.

It isn't that simple, Grornek-says the captain to the dwarf in an harsh tone- Remember, that cave may have the answer we've been looking for. We can't allow it to fall on the cultists hands.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20)[4]

(1d20)[19]
    (1d20)[15]
    (1d20)[7]
    (1d20)[7]
    (1d20)[15]
    (1d20)[8]

Spot and listen don't reveal anything particular. Some people trying to cheat in the gambling. Rumors of new strange creatures roaming the swamps. Sijal and their lieutenants all are well equiped with good quality magic equipment.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-11-11 at 09:02 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sitting down, Rin glancs around at the other people arranged around the table, and their various ways of acknowledging the question. A motley crew, to be sure--but that's to be expected, now more than ever.

Listening, she leans forward, one hand brushing her hair out of her way. This is an interesting story for reasons than one. While she would prefer not to call herself "treehugging", she does have a deep respect for nature. What's more, the tenets of her faith do urge purity above all else, and if cults of vile fiends from Yomi, or Khyber, don't qualify as unclean, nothing does. Finally, how fun would it be to see something that normal people...well, okay, non-Gatekeepers--hadn't seen in ages?

In a moment, she leaned back and looked around, giving thought to each of the others gathered around the table, not yet companions, and totally ignoring any drinks. She prefered sake, anyway."Hmm...simple or no, it sounds like a pretty important job," she observes, raising an eyebrow, "and I think that if anyone in here could help you do it, we'd be the ones. You people?" she asked in return, waving a robed hand to indicate the rest of the table and also trying to figure out if there was anything left unsaid.

Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive check: (1d20+9)[28]
    Last edited by Kagehime; 2008-11-11 at 11:06 PM.
    Current Characters

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Emilio

The sculptor had leaned back in his chair, alternating between sipping his drink and counting the party and himself.

7,6,5,4,3,2,1. Of course

"Dragons, demons, daelkyr? Epic struggles of madness and valor! A cacophony of vile villains and their eldritch masters! You sir, have a commission!"

Emilio leaned forward into his chair, clapping it hard against the floor.

"No, I will not!," he spits at Akresh and Ainariel.
    A post about nothing.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Ainariel

Ainariel eyes his beer suspiciously. It doesn't smell poisoned. Would the barkeeper know which ones to poison, if he'd been hired for that? Ainariel doesn't drink any, but taps on the side of the tankard as he speaks. "The place's vault had artifacts, scrolls, and books, you said. Plus whatever the cultists are carrying. It sounds acceptable. At least, so far. Where is it?"
    Though he is interested in the money, Ainariel is fixated on the captain's words about "the answer we've been looking for." What could it be? Why didn't he want the cultists to have it? Might he kill his employees to keep them from having it? Was he hiring them to find it for him, and if so did he plan to kill them afterwards? Emilio's outburst snaps Ainariel out of his thoughts. "Are you threatening me? Because I'm not threatening you. I don't need any corpses right now."

Spoiler
    Show
    Might as well use Sense Motive. On the captain, that is. (1d20+2)[7]
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2008-11-11 at 10:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha

Samantha holds on to her own drink when the beer is brought over, it's not that she doesn't trust it, she just likes hers better.
    Hmm, this seems like it would be a good test of my abilities if nothing else, she thinks, and a little extra treasure is always nice.
    I dunno about important jobs, but this seems like it would be interesting if nothing else, I'm in.

I dunno how to do spoiler tags so-

sense motive (on the captain) (1d20+16)[29]

13. - Top - End - #13

Akresh completely ignores his drink and the man who spits at him as he thinks money is always nice, and if it gets hairy I can always bolt. although violating a contract would be bad form and then speaks "My price is a guaranteed 4 pounds of platinum, half up front now. In the event that the artifacts you speak of actually exist I want a percentage of the haul, you have the right too buy any of the items I want at fair market value less 10% if you can provide payment in an acceptable form at the time."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

14. - Top - End - #14

You sure know how to pick them captain-says the warforged, but Sijal just chuckles at seeing Emillio spiting and proceeds to answers back the questions.

The location has been supplied to us. It's deep in the marsh forest south of us, more or less one day of flight. It was normally protected by all kind of wardings from explorer's eyes but it seems like they've faded with the cultist actions and all the unnatural cataclyms of the last years. The druids normally finded it thanks to signs of their secret language, but we've been provided a map of it's location by the gatekeepers.

We'll fly in Vento Salgado as close as we can get to vault, and then we and you will then drop by ropes to the ground. If the gatekeepers are still there we'll help them in whatever's needed. If not, well, we'll have to do our best to repel the cultists from the vault by our own hands.

In the best scenario, we'll manage to find and "neutralize" whoever's leading the cultitsts attacks, hopefully making them no longer a threat and giving time to the gatekeepers to restore their protective wardings.

In the worst scenario, we'll save whatever we can from the vault and retreat to the airship. More questions?

Sijal then hears Akresh's price, and lets out a small whistle.

Ah, it seems like I picked a professional. Well, I guess some people need some material incentive. Your conditions are acepted

The captain then takes out a small purse, and from inside it takes some dimanods, carefully examining them for a moment, and then puting them in front of Akresh.

I don't have that much platinium with me right now, but this should be equally valuable.

His human lieutenant grunts and says in a cheery voice
    I told you they wouldn't all help for free!

Fine, you win this one, Aopar-answers Sijal, taking out one more diamona and throwing it to Aopar, who skillfully grabs it with his gloved hand and puts it in a purse of his own belt.

Samantha and Rin

Spoiler
    Show
    You sense that there's something fishy with the captain's story. Not that he's directly lying to you, more that he's intentionaly leaving some parts out. The dragon cave and cultist attacks part seems like ok, but the rest seems to be missing something.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-11-12 at 06:17 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Akresh glances at the diamonds and then pulls a jewelers loup out of a pouch sewn into his belt before examining them.

Spoiler
    Show

appraise: (1d20+8)[27]
    Everything under this spoiler assumes that he doesn't notice any flaws in the gems.

He then puts the jewelers loup back in the pouch and drops the diamonds in another pouch before saying "Well, you've bought my services for the duration and with me assuming good faith. If I find out that you have lied to me, misrepresented the risk inherent in this venture, attempt to double cross me, or backstab me then the contract is void and your down payment is considered a the minimum penalty, the maximum penalty is that the assassins with my revenge contract decide that it is time to honor that contract. They have already been informed on our arangment. You are free to release my contract at any time before I consider it complete, in the event that you choose to exerciser this option you owe me 100 GP a day for each day that I am under contract with you for each of the first 10 days and 200 GP for every day after that. Assuming all of this is acceptable to you then I am ready to leave now, if not then I will return your down payment and bid you good day."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

16. - Top - End - #16

Spoiler
    Show
    Technically none of what Akresh said was a bluff so sense motive should show that all of it's true, same with magic. The assassins guild does have a revenge contract as he just hired himself, which is technically allowed under guild rules. Likewise the guild, represented in Akresh, has been informed of every facet of the meeting.

Ah, technically true statements that imply so much that is false.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rin was not pleased by the domineering one sitting next to her. Oh, joy. She needed the funds, but unfortunately, that often meant dealing with that type. Ah, well. Sensing that she was right--there was something suspicious--she frowned slightly, though it was rather noticeable on her thin face. Let her guess...was he planning on killing them all when they got out? Well, she could fly away if so and attack from the air.

Leaning forward, she sighed, then spoke up officially. "I'll take the job, too, but I, too, require funds for this. Consider it a donation to a religion that's managed to stay alive and do good in these bleak times." She took out a piece of paper from a pocket, scribbled something onto it, and pushed it towards the captain and his companions. "My fee."
    Last edited by Kagehime; 2008-11-12 at 08:31 AM.
    Current Characters

18. - Top - End - #18

Akresh snorts when he hears how the women phrases her request for payment ah religion, it tends to make people so dishonest he then says "Ah that is a grand word, good. It's definition changes with every individual and often every use. It has justified a whole list of heinous crimes. Yet it has also brought down nations and caused others to rise. So when you say good works do you mean keeping yourself fed, clothed, and living in luxury or do you mean paying too feed the homeless and cure the sick? Or perhaps yours in one of those more militant faiths that has sprung up recently and counts the wholesale slaughter of every dragon marked individual to be just and good?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

"A valid point," Rin notes drily, turning to face him with an eyebrow raised, then leans forward, her countenance becoming clouded with some annoyance."But then, there are some religions that are actually concerned with purity and balance. What's more, I'd thank you not to talk to me about living in luxury," she adds with rather a more caustic edge. "At least, not until you've been working night and day cleaning bathtubs and polishing floors for the wealthy since you were one year old! As for the abberant dragonmarked, as long as I don't get affected, It doesn't really matter in the long run whether they live or die, as long as the land manages to survive."
    Last edited by Kagehime; 2008-11-12 at 09:03 AM.
    Current Characters

20. - Top - End - #20

i thought provoking her might work, it does tend to get information

Akresh smiles and shakes his head as he says "You misunderstand me, my dear. I never accused you of living in luxury, I was merely musing on a philosophical point. I just find it amusing how so many use the word good in regards to themselves and their acts. Let's take your statement here, you claim that your religion does good in these bleak times, yet you fail to say what acts your religion has performed. That means that we must trust solely in your opinion of what is or is not a good act, and I've met some people with very twisted definitions of the word good. Note that I'm not saying that your wrong in your assessment of your faith, without knowing what faith you belong too I'm in no position to make such a statement."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Though Lawful, Rin had never been known for her even temper.

She frowned again, deeper, her lips somewhat pursing. "Hmph. Well, they do say that everyone is a hero to themself." Hearing his other comment, she shook her head, and wiped a bit of remaing dirt from her headband. "I think trusting in that is kind of the definition of faith, isn't it? Still, if you must know...and you might as well, I guess, if we're to work together on this...I follow the ancient traditions of Shinto. The kami simply exist, and are at balance with the world. It's humans and others who screw it up."
    Current Characters

22. - Top - End - #22

Akresh smiles and says "Oh agreed, most of the sentient races tend to screw things up. Very few people have the intelligence to plan properly or foresee the consequences of their's and others actions and even fewer have the wisdom to recognize whether the benefits really do outweigh the costs. As for the definition of faith, why should I have faith in your judgments? I'm guessing that my new employer has at least a passing familiarity with you or at least your reputation but I don't. And it would be nice too know what you consider good, as I've found people tend to rarely take actions that they themselves see as evil. I mean there are individuals who see the killing of anyone associated with anything that they are involved with as "good", and if you're one of those then this will be an interesting job. I don't believe that you are but it's always best to make sure."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rin simply nodded and sighed in response to that, rubbing her temples lightly. It was very true; she'd seen what could happen if people got too greedy--nasty things, in that case literally. However, she looked up at his questioning tone, and shook her head lightly. "Frankly, I don't think he has any idea about any of us. We just look like the toughest things here. But...what the hey. I'll tell you about it anyway. Look. Goodness is when people do what's good for each other, which is what's good for the majority. People ought to care about themselves, about each other and about how they can work to make things better for both."

Spoiler
    Show

Opposed Sense Motive Check to realize he's pumping her for information:
    (1d20+9)[27]
    Current Characters

24. - Top - End - #24

Akresh shrugs and says "Perhaps you're right. Oh well, it's not like it matters all that much."

He then pulls a small book titled "A History of House Deneith" out of a belt pouch and appears to be concentrating on it quite heavily.

Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive: (1d20+21)[31]

Using Autohypnosis to memorize every page of the book. I auto succeed on the DC 15 check (+14)
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rin shrugs, then turns back, pulls out some ofuda, and begins to study them again, hoping to improve her skill even more with magic.
    Current Characters

26. - Top - End - #26

The gems aren't exactly flawless, but they're really good quality nothless and should be worth two pounds of platinium whitout trouble.

When Akresh starts to speack his conditions, Aopar hands starts reaching for his sword.

How dare you doubt of the captain's word you...

No, Aopar, no need for that
    -interrupts the half elf- It's a dangerous world we live on and our new friend has all the reasons to get some insurances for his trouble. Your conditions are acepted. They show profissionalism, and I like that.

As you wish, captain...But if you try some funny tricks on us, I'll breack you into two.
    -threatens the human.

Sijal then reads the fee of Rin, and says
    "Acepted, but my purse is geting a little too light. Mind if I pay you when we're in the airship?"

Meanwhile, Rin manages to realize that she's talking a lot and learning too little.

Spoiler
    Show
    Soo, what's the secret fee?
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-11-12 at 10:27 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Akresh just shrugs at the humans threat and says, without looking up from his book "Kill me and you and your captain will be dead within a week. Assuming that he knows me and didn't just pick me randomly in a tavern this fine night then he knew my regular operating conditions before he ever invited me over. The fact that he had enough to cover my fee on hand is a further indication. And I too prefer professionalism captain, it makes things so much simpler."

Spoiler
    Show

Still making my spot and listen checks every round and a Sense Motive check against both the captain and the human too see if this was staged and their reactions too my comments

Sense Motive (captain): (1d20+21)[37]
    Sense Motive (human): (1d20+21)[33]
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ugh. Is this the kind of thing that really happened out here so often? Can't they go two minutes without hurling threats at each other? In either case, though, she snaps back to attention when the words are directed to her, and sighs. Okay, maybe I need to be a bit more quiet to pick up on some more of the background here, she thinks Normally she would be, as she's not usually known to be usually a talkative sort of person.

Twisting one of the locks of hair that framed her face idly, she considers for a moment, and eventually nods. "Alright, so be it."

Spoiler
    Show

It's not really a secret, she just thinks it too gauche to say it out loud. Or pretends to think so--she's actually just pretending to be the ditzy priestess for now. It's roughly about the size of Akresh's fee, but she demands that 2 pounds of the first down payment are in jade instead. For reasons known only to herself.
    Current Characters

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha

Great, some fool who's view of his self worth is entirely too inflated and a priestess who can't seem to realize when she's being pumed for information. Samantha thinks to herself.

Hey now, if everyone else is getting a fee I think I'll take one as well. She says with a smirk.

30. - Top - End - #30

Sijal answers to Akresh, who got the impression that the human is just hot headed and the threatening was impulsive.

I assure you, I've never met or heard of you before. If I carry valuable diamonds with me, it's just to be able to pay other clerics for raise dead spells to me and my crew should anything happen to our own cleric that may prevent him from doing so

The captains words seem as sincer as they can be.

That brings back memories- says the warforged, his mechanical face changing into what looks like a smirck-I had to spend a whole week in Xen'Drick trying to find diamonds so the local drow cleric could bring old Grornek back to our world while the Captain and the other boys fighted the mutant giants. From then on the captain carries his own supply of jewels to prevent that from hapening again.

And I've brought you back three times already, you tin man-replies the dwarf, drinking a second round-It means you still owe me two.

Well, so since each of you seems to want a fee in particular exotic materials, I think I'll have to go to my airship to see what can be arranjed. Care to acompany me? Or would you rather wait here?
    -says Sijal, geting up from the table and making a move inviting towards the bar's door. His lieutenenats also get up and wait for their captain to move.