New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: You bring your homebrew class 2!

Akresh shrugs, puts his book away, and says "I'm ready and have everything I need."

He then follows the captain and his men to the ship

Spoiler
    Show

Spot: (1d20+23)[42]
    Listen: (1d20+21)[39]

Rolled when he heads outside.
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rin shrugs as well, and stands up, pushing aside the still full jug and tucking her ofuda into the front of her kimono. "Alright, I'm willing to go now, too," she replies, and walks out with them.

"Has it stopped raining?" she asks with little hope.

Spoiler
    Show

I might as well roll listen and spot as well.
    Listen: (1d20+5)[16]
    Spot: (1d20+5)[14]
    Current Characters

I made my avatar myself. You look kind of surprised! Eeh hee hee!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground

Vorato

Waiting until the others have stated their conditions and at least temporarily stopped arguing, Vorato smiles, then speaks.

"I accept. I want no payment up front, as this seems interesting enough. I will, however, take my share of these 'ancient artefacts'".
    Resident Vancian Apologist

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha

Samantha follows the captain back to his ship with the others, although she hangs back just a bit. As the group walks towards the ship she puts up her plane of resistance as an umbrella.

Spoiler
    Show
    I know there are more rain drops than I could actually catch, but I'm hoping you'll let it slide. also spot/listen-
    (1d20+18)[22]
    (1d20+18)[37]

5. - Top - End - #35

As you exit the tavern, you see that the rain is actually falling even more heavily than before, and you all quickly get soaked except for Samantha, to who the rain drops stop a feew centimeters from her head and then roll over an invisible surface, falling by her sides.

First you don't see or hear anything special when you step outside, but soon after you leaving and moving down the road that leads outside the village, Akresh sees a small group of hooded figures exiting the bar after you, barely visible due to the heavy rain. They seem to quickly discuss something between them, and then half of them starts to follow you from a distance, trying to conceal themselves as best as possible, while the remaining move away to the other buildings around the tavern. The heavy rain makes it impossible to understand what they said. However, Akresh could swear he saw a glimpse of sharp blades being drawn between them.

Samanta herself doesn't see anything, but she hears something trailing the party at some distance.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20)[7]
    (1d20)[6]

(1d20)[3]
    (1d20)[19]

(1d20)[11]
    (1d20)[6]

(1d20)[16]
    (1d20)[11]

(1d20)[6]
    (1d20)[10]

(1d20)[13]
    (1d20)[12]

(1d20)[15]
    (1d20)[17]

(1d20)[14]
    (1d20)[20]

(1d20)[16]
    (1d20)[2]

(1d20)[18]
    (1d20)[2]

(1d20)[1]
    (1d20)[8]

(1d20)[13]
    (1d20)[16]
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-11-12 at 06:49 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Ainariel

Ainariel nods and gets up. "I think I'll go with the same policy as that human. Artifacts can do me a lot more good than gold. They're harder to take, for one thing." Ainariel tries to stay behind the rest of the adventurers and crew members. Everyone seemed safe enough - well, that dark-haired elf was odd-looking and a bit too smart to trust, and that other human was either a lunatic or knew far more about Ainariel than he should - but the rest of them didn't seem unpredictable. As long as he kept an eye on those two, the rest should take care of themselves. As for the airship crew, they were certainly organized and well-armed, but that was to be expected.

As he leaves, Ainariel glances back at the tavern. Were they being followed? The rain would make it hard for any archer to shoot him in the back, but then it was too loud to be sure if anyone was sneaking up on him. Ainariel keeps taking backward looks, whenever he isn't making sure that Akresh and Emilio don't make any sudden movements.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+14)[22]
    Listen: (1d20+14)[22]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

7. - Top - End - #37

Ainariel fails to see or hear anything particular trough the heavy rain.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rin still had a slightly bad feeling about this, so she was keeping her guard up, but she failed to notice anything actually suspicious, and merely gazed around, sulking somewhat at all the rain.
    Current Characters

9. - Top - End - #39

SurlySeraph
    Spoiler
    Show

Akresh is using his minor shapechange ability to appear as a human. Unless you can see through alter self you would only see the human. And as far as anyone is concerned his name is John.

Without looking around Akresh pitches his voice so that only the Captains party can hear and says "We're being followed. A small group exited the tavern after us and is concealed pretty well by the rains. Half of them are attempting to shadow us and the other half went too some of the buildings around the tavern. Should I remove them Captain? Or should I take out the ones who broke off and headed towards the other buildings while you deal with the trailers?"

Spoiler
    Show

How many individuals are in both of the groups? And how far ahead of them are we?
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Emilio

Emilio pounds back three oddly colored drinks and lights a crooked cigarette without a match. He grew aware of his surroundings once more as he stumbled out the bar. Somewhere in his fractured psyche Defarge remembers talk of prices.

"I demand twice of what they're being paid. Combined. And no less than five pillars of marble. And a cabin," he blurts. His ego not being sufficiently stroked as of late.

"Hehehehe," he giggles to himself, "Hired killers with a sense of revenge. How refreshing. Or wait, what's that word that means the opposite of refreshing? Passe, that's it, I mean passe."

The artist continues puffing on the pink elephant cig, despite the rain having put it out. Ainariel will notice the bone is still smoking.

Spoiler
    Show
    Matter agitation to light. 1 PP spent.
    A post about nothing.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Ainariel

Ainariel begins to look confused and slightly unnerved as Emilio talks. The human was clearly a madman. But how was he still smoking in this rain? There was clearly something more to him than met the eye. And what was this about vengeful hired killers? The last hired killers Ainariel had seen were the ones who had driven him out of Aerenal. Were they still after him somehow? Ainariel sidles up behind Emilio. "My good man, I'm sure Captain Sijal will arrange your payment when we get to the airship. But what's this you're saying about hired killers? Are there hired killers here?"

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    SurlySeraph
    Spoiler
    Show

Akresh is using his minor shapechange ability to appear as a human. Unless you can see through alter self you would only see the human. And as far as anyone is concerned his name is John.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, forget about that. John. Got it.
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha

Upon hearing the group following them and "John's" warning Samantha readies an action to take to the air as soon as combat breaks out.
    Jeez, we haven't even made it to the ship yet and we've already got people after us. What aren't you telling us?
    She asks the captain.
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-11-12 at 09:27 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Emilio

"Huh, uh? Oh my, everywhere I'd imagine. They wouldn't be very good killers if we could see them. But if I were to pin down one oooooooh," the psion's finger waves wildly and accusingly at the crew, until it lands on the human named John.

"Surely it couldn't be the man who slips through shadows, the man with a contract on his life, the man who is about to threaten me with my life. Surely not," Emilio murmurs.
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2008-11-12 at 09:14 PM.
    A post about nothing.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

As usual, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Rin sighed, looking around at the party sourly through the sheets, and dripping. Seeing the other woman tense, she thought it might be prudent to prepare an action for flight herself, as well, and stepped closer to the captain, hopefully so arrows wouldn't come her way.
    Current Characters

15. - Top - End - #45

Akresh sighs and says to the crazy man"I hope you weren't hired for your ability to predict the future, as you aren't very good at it. And I don't have a contract on my life, I have a contract with certain individuals to ensure that anyone who kills me will quickly join me in leaving the plane of the living. Now if you don't have any opinion on what to do with the individuals following us I suggest that you be quiet." To the rest of the group he says "Unless anyone has a better idea I'm thinking that it's time to start removing those individuals."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Emilio

"Hehe, you're funny," the artist pips. Killers or no, the group tagging them was becoming a concern.

"Contracts on lives, life contracts, contracting nasty bugs, contacting nasty relatives...", he drifts dreamily.

"I don't think I may attend on these men, but my friends might..."

Two puddles still themselves on the dock behind them. The water takes a silvery sheen and begins writhing into forms more solid by the second.

"They're here..."

The amorphous blobs finally congeal into two identical beaked monstrosities. The slimy things have tentacle-like arms with no fine digits and a posture that seems almost weighed down by their muscular builds.

Spoiler
    Show
    Concentration check to psionically focus automatically made
    Manifesting an Astral construct with 16 PP (overchannel/talented) and expending the focus to twin the power for an additional 6 PP

Constructs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cheeky little fellows on the right. Crunch in OOC momentarily.
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2008-11-12 at 09:53 PM.
    A post about nothing.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Ainariel

If he is what my interesting new friend says he is, it'll be safer to keep him off guard. And if he isn't, it'll be safer to keep him happy.

"I am inclined to agree, John. Do you want to give them a warning or strike quickly?" Ainariel draws his rapier, and he mutters a few words while pressing his off-hand against the blade it. As he does so, the sword begins to pulse with faint shadows.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Negative Burst Weapon on my rapier (+1d6 negative energy damage, +1d10 additional on a successful critical hit), lasts 6 minutes.
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2008-11-12 at 09:56 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

As the constructs start too form Akresh says "You idiot. You just made us loose surprise. I could have taken care of the group that split off without them raising the alarm, which would have meant that we could have stopped them. But you had to go and let them know that we knew they were there. Now we have to strike."

With his last sentence a dagger suddenly appears in each hand and Akresh simple disappears.

Spoiler
    Show

Free action to get my daggers
    Swift action to use Cloak of Deception (greater invisibility until the end of my turn)
    Move action to move to the group.
    Standard action to attack one of the the people following us, ideally one off to the side.
    Rest of move action to move past the group.

Attack Roll 1: (1d20+19)[33] and ignores opponents Dex to AC, +2 if opponent is flat-footed
    Attack Roll 2: (1d20+19)[30] and ignores opponents Dex to AC, +2 if opponent is flat-footed
    Damage Roll 1: [rollv]1d4+6d6+20[/roll], +2 if opponent is flat-footed, reroll any 1's on sneak attack dice
    Damage Roll 2: [rollv]1d4+6d6+20[/roll], +2 if opponent is flat-footed, reroll any 1's on sneak attack dice

As part of moving I'm making hide and move silently checks
    Hide: (1d20+39)[44]
    Move Silently: (1d20+32)[51]

Both of those are after the modifers for being invisible and attacking this round.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

19. - Top - End - #49

Spoiler
    Show

Damage 1:[roll]1d4+20] + (6d6)[2][3][5][2][2][5](19)
    Damage 2:[roll]1d4+20] + (6d6)[6][4][2][2][4][3](21)

Rerolls of 1's for sneak attack dice: (12d6)[4][6][5][1][6][3][2][5][6][3][2][6](49)
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

20. - Top - End - #50

Spoiler
    Show
    Bloody stupid dice
    Damage 1: (1d4+39)[43]
    Damage 1: (1d4+49)[50]

These are the final damage numbers including sneak attack. Let's hope the dice work this time.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha

John, so touchy, tsk tsk
    Samantha says as she ascends into the rain soaked air. She focuses on one of the attackers and unleashes waves of force in his direction.

Spoiler
    Show
    Samantha is using a bludgeoning raiment and making a trip attempt.
    attack roll- (1d20+24)[25]
    if that hits then trip attempt- (1d20+16)[30]
    also if the attack roll hits then damage- (7d6)[18]

Spoiler
    Show
    damnit, first attack roll I make and it's a natural 1
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-11-12 at 11:21 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rin sighs and shakes her head. Well, they've put their foot in it now; she might as well help. Taking flight into the air alongside Samantha, she calls, "Next time, why don't we just send them an engraved invitation?

Oh, well. Flame Strike!"
    She calls, targeting an enemy and the one next to him.

Spoiler
    Show

I assume they're in range.
    [roll]1d20+10[/roll]
    Damn dice!
    [roll=1d20+10]1d20+10[/roll]
    Last edited by Kagehime; 2008-11-12 at 11:37 PM.
    Current Characters

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha

Hey don't look at me, it's all these people running around with penises that are starting the fights!
    Samantha says to Rin with a wry grin.

24. - Top - End - #54

The captain murmurs something inaudible and then answers to Akresh

Yes, I also noticed them. They seem like normal scum, of the kind that's everywhere those days, atracted by the smell of our money. However I think those here are just to try to delay us. I believe the true attack will be directed at my airship. I and my crew must hurry back to it, but leaving our backs exposed isn't very wise

If you could take care of these criminals here, it would be a good help to us. And also a good show of trust. Try to catch one or two of them alive for interrotation later. Now I must go. Once you're finished here, come to the airship as fast as possible.

With these words, the Captain draws his scimitar, lets out a scream and starts running, followed by his lieutenants in close fomation.

To the ship, men! Our comrades must be in danger!

AYE SIR!
    -answer the others in unisson, running by his side.

Situation

Spoiler
    Show

Purple dots are the enemies in vision. Big green boxes are buildings, roughly 15 feets tall. Small brown squares are a mixture of puddles of water/debris/holes that count as dificult terrain.

Akresh saw 6 more enemies disapear in the middle of the buildings.

The blue squared area is where you beginned, at a square of your choice. Please pick the square where you intend to stay after finishing your actions. And roll iniative those who didn't.

Don't mind the random circles in the right side. Hadn't time to correct that.

Iniative
    Spoiler
    Show

Visible enemies(move all at the same time)(1d20+7)[22]
    You got a suprise round, so they will only move next turn.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-11-13 at 01:13 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

okay, initiative-
    (1d20+3)[20]

as for placement, I'm about 40 feet above the far left square in the second row (r12).
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-11-13 at 03:07 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Ainariel

Ainariel glares at the captain's back as he runs. "Either the captain's afraid or he led us into an ambush. Either way, those men won't come come any closer than where I want them."

Ainariel turns to one of the approaching men and shouts a strange word at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Blindness (Fort. DC 16) at the enemy in square I19. I'll start and end the turn at square Q17.
    Initiative: (1d20+6)[7]

EDIT: Woo, great initiative! I feel special. sidhe blooded, do you want to make a "The dice are trying to kill me" club?
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2008-11-13 at 04:59 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Votaro

"I'd say they don't look too promising."

He raises his right hand to shoulder-height and what first seems like a trail of smoke appears in it, quickly solidifying in a narrow swordblade, which seems made from shadows and mist.

Spoiler
    Show

I already rolled initiative. Now I'm turning ethereal as a swift action and moving to E15.
    If I would delay the game by being in the wrong timezone, just assume that I do the actions I already rolled next turn.

28. - Top - End - #58

Spoiler
    Show

Phuey, a surprise round. Otherwise known as a standard action that doesn't help me at all

Ah well. Assume that my rolled actions are for the first real round of combat. In the surprise round Akresh changes his stance from Hearing the Air to Child of Shadow and takes no other actions.

Initiative rolled in the OOC thread: 23
    1st round: Attacking guy in H12
    Last edited by Emperor Tippy; 2008-11-13 at 05:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Let me try that Flame Strike again--and for the record, I'm off to the left, diagonally across from the one behind the building, about 30 feet in the air.

First, initiative (forgot before):
    [roll]1d20+2[/roll]

Flame Strike--at one behind building.
    [roll]1d20+10[/roll]

Edit: What the hell is the matter with these dice?!
    Last edited by Kagehime; 2008-11-13 at 06:07 PM.
    Current Characters

30. - Top - End - #60

Spoiler
    Show

You can't roll in an edited post.