New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: You bring your homebrew class 2!

Samantha

Realizing that the the poor fool in the construct's grasp might not be dead Samantha attempts to pull him away from the tentacled horror.

Spoiler
    Show
    would this be a strength check or a grapple check or what? I'll go ahead and roll strength, grapple and disarm checks but if it's something else let me know.
    strength- (1d20+12)[29]
    grapple- (1d20+28)[33]
    disarm- (1d20+24)[40]

2. - Top - End - #122

Spoiler
    Show

Grapple will do fine.
    Astral construct's oposed check
    (1d20+27)[47]

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Seeing Samantha playing tug of war with the crazy man's astral construct and the necromancer as the rope Akresh looks around for said crazy man and sees him staring at the crystallized demon. Akresh shouts to him "Crazy idiot, tell that construct of yours to drop that necromaner. We want him alive."

Spoiler
    Show
    What happened with the 2 undead? Are they still fighting each other?
    Last edited by Emperor Tippy; 2008-11-16 at 06:31 PM.
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

4. - Top - End - #124

Spoiler
    Show
    One is under your control, the other is waiting for it's iniative to kick by. Samantha has acted(and failed to stop the construct) so it should be Emilio's turn now.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I
    m not actually playing tug of war, you just see the body jerk at a funny angle but the construct manages to hold on, damn natural 20's

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Emilio

"Hmm, the antenna is a bit off. But the pose, those sprawled legs, like he's reaching for the heavens. How exquisitely expressive, an ugly beast striving for beauty, redemption, hope," the artist admires the demon's body.

Without looking up Emilio coldly dismisses Akresh, "You really need to come over here and take it all in. You'll never experience this over there."
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2008-11-16 at 06:49 PM.
    A post about nothing.

7. - Top - End - #127

The remaining enemy skeleton leaps upon Ainariel, taking a claw hit from the subdued on the way down, but it deals little damage.

This time the templar can't avoid the sharp teeths of the undead who burrow themselves in his flesh. They are painfully cold.

Then the astral construct rises the necromancer in the air, and throws it against the hut's wall, crushing his skull.

Spoiler
    Show

Necromancer miracously alive but heavily wounded.
    Ainariel took 13 damage.
    One enemy skeleton remaining at his side.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-11-16 at 07:13 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128

Akresh says to him "You will order your construct to carry the necromancer over to the cleric so that she can heal him, if he dies then you will be dead inside of 10 seconds because I will personally do to you what I planned on doing to him."

Upon seeing the construct throw the necromancer into the wall he says "Actually I should admend that, you better hope that the necromaner is still alive because if he doesn't survive then you will soon join him." Turning to Rin he says "You're a cleric, right? See if you can keep that guy alive. I'm sure that we all have questions that we would like answered, and if he dies then that will become a lot more difficult."
    Last edited by Emperor Tippy; 2008-11-16 at 07:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Ainariel

The necromancer winces as the dinosaur bites into him. "Agh! You are strong. I think I'll keep you."
    Without taking his eye off his opponent for a moment, Ainariel shouts at Akresh. "John, don't bother killing the artist. It's not his fault, and if we really need answers, the priestess or I can bring the necromancer back. But I don't think we need to bother with it. I know why those men were here."

Spoiler
    Show
    Command Undead as soon as my turn comes again. I'll use my move action to get the skeleton I control between me and the one I don't control.
    Spellcraft to determine how the leader and the arcane bandit teleported away. (1d20+15)[23]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Emilio

"Ahem," the psion taps Akresh on the back, "someone needs a time out."

Spoiler
    Show
    Crystallize, Fort DC 24

"Now that I have your rapt attention, allow me to extrapolate on the fruits of your labors with the fine art of thespianism, Emilio forms two crude fist-mouth puppets begins a short falsetto production.

"Tell us who sent you!"
    "Yuri, Yuri, a thousand times Yuri
    Who are you trying to get?
    The airship men, the druids, you, the children
    Grrr, I am brooding and dark!
    Me too, lets kiss!
    A smoochy, smoochy, smoochy

The psion rubs his fists together before looking back up.

"And so on with the questions we already have the answers to. Or, I can ask you the much more pertinent question of how in the last minute you've become an elf."

Spoiler
    Show
    True seeing in case, you've forgotten. How long did you honest expect a simple 'minor shapechange' spell to hold?

And a free action to order the construct to halt. There's a difference between acting out of interests of a team player and spite.
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2008-11-16 at 07:59 PM.
    A post about nothing.

11. - Top - End - #131

Spoiler
    Show
    So in the middle of ongoing combat you attack your own party member with a save or die spell that you can't dismiss or even dispel until you gain a level?

If this is really how you are going to play then there really is no reason for me to continue in this game because Akresh will end up killing you.

And you don't even have Line of Effect or Line of Sight at your current location.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Ainariel glances away from the skeletal dinosaur long enough to see Emilio's "performance." Oh hell. What did I get myself into? At least none of them are after me yet. Yet. I think I'll have the skeletons watch me around the clock. Wanting to help, but unwilling to risk a dinosaur-related mauling, Ainariel turns in desperation to his less violent companions. "Priestess! Mind-knife man! And you, the other woman! Can you do nothing to stop this madness?"
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

13. - Top - End - #133

Before Emilio manages to unleash his mind powers, he feels a powerfull arcane energy blocking him.

Turning to see around, he sees one of the Captain's lieutenants, the gnome, who returnsto the village. You can then hear his voice in your mind:

Let me make this clear. THE CAPTAIN PAID YOU TO FIGHT FOR HIM, SO YOU DON'T FIGHT BETWEEN YOURSELVES. If you have any problems between you, save them for when you meet your true oponents. The enemy has been defeated. Good job. Now gather whatever you want and head to the airship. I hope you managed to catch one of them alive?

Spoiler
    Show

Everybody, calm down.

This is specially to you, LordOfTheDucks. Stop trying to spoil the rest of the party's fun. I don't care if that's how you think your character should act, I specifically said I wanted all characters to be able to work togheter, no matter if they were professional assassins or mad artists or whatever.

Battle's over. I'm gonna award exp and loot in some time. LordOfTheDucks, if you keep this way, I'll expel you from this campaign.

And no, Akresh isn't crystalized. The gnome stoped Emilio.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-11-16 at 08:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Save yourself the trouble, I'll be hopping these rails early.

I'll be in a game where characters have personalities and make an impact. And Tippy, if you're going to make a 'mysterious' character there ought to be something underneath warranting the mystery (honestly, the surprise would be the man who has super stealthy ninja skills who kills people is in a guild of other men with super stealthy ninja skills who kill people).
    A post about nothing.

15. - Top - End - #135

Akresh nods to the gnome, gives the crazy man a cold stare and then heads up to where the 3 dead bandits are on the roof, throughly searching them and stripping them of all possessions, including clothes. He put's each one's items in separate pouches on his belt and then memorizes their appearances before heading over to the necromancer and doing the same to him. Once he has everything he says "Does anyone have a way to take all of their corpse's back to the ship? And someone needs to carry this necro. Oh, and does anyone have some way to get rid of that demon corpse, it's presence here might cause the residence to ask questions that we don't want asked."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha

I can get most if not all of them, it'll slow me down a bit though. As for the demon corpse, I think the fireball and the collateral damage will be more than enough to alert people that something happened
    Samantha says as the bodies rise into the air.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm hoping that since we're not in combat you'll let me count all the corpses as one object for lifting/moving purposes. Also I'm fairly sure demon corpses melt or something after a few minutes anyway don't they?
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-11-16 at 08:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137

(really late where I am, this whole PvP thing burned me a lot of time and I need to sleep since I can't see anything anymore. Loot, exp and answers tomorrow)

18. - Top - End - #138

Emilio lowers his head, mumbles something unaudible, and heads out of the village, in the direction of the airship.

Akresh finds the following relevant possessions inside the bandits remains, besides their normal clothes and everyday tools that aren't worth a copper piece due to their used condition:

-A total of 3987 gold coins, 24 silver and 60 copper.
    -Six brass mugs with jade inlays, empty.
    -Six golden idols of a bald man with a goatee.
    -A beatifull black velvet mantle with numerous onyx stones in the interior, from the necromancer.
    -Ceremonial dagger with a star ruby
    -Eight suits of masterwork studded leather, daggers, shortbows and 69 arrows.
    -One mythral chainshirt.
    -One large chainshirt barding of unknown material from the demon.
    -Sixteen black and red opal stones incrustated in the demon's carapace.
    -Large black masterwork greatsword who instantly refits to Akresh size as he grabs it.
    -Nine brass rings, one from each killed bandit. The one in the necromancer doesn't come out from his finger however no matter how hard Akresh tries.
    -A pair of boots that look made of some exotic soft material.
    -A stange bag, dark blue bag with black runes stitched on it.
    -Thirty six potions of various kinds
    -Nine scrolls.
    -One wand.

Samantha manages to lift the bodies all at the same time by puting them in a pile. Luckily the sound of the rain and thunder seems to have covered for the battle and the villagers are still inside the tavern, oblivious to the hapenings.

Ainariel concludes the bandits that got away used the basic magic of "teleport", as it is commonly referred in Eberron. He also notices something strange with his skeletons however. They seem to be slowly degrading, and they should turn to dust into a matter of minutes, due to the hasty process of creation. Puting enough onyx in their eye sockets should stop the degeneration however.

Spoiler
    Show

1020 experience for everybody. If you want to check out if an item is magic or not you gotta use detect magic or some other shenigan.

Since LOTD didn't say anything in particular, I'll be NPCing Emilio from now on. Feel free to plan your revenge on him, just remember that he's still hired by the captain, so make it discret.

19. - Top - End - #139

Akresh says "Let's get out of here, we can sort through all of this at the ship. I for one don't want to be around when any local residences show up and want an explanation for all of the blood and a demon corpse."

With that he heads towards the air ship, seeming to disappear into the shadows as he goes.

Spoiler
    Show

My new set of readied maneuvers is: Cloak of Deception, Shadow Tempest, and Dancing Mongoose. My stance is still Hearing the Air.

Making hide and move silently checks (moving at half speed I still move at 40 feet per move action).
    Hide: (1d20+39)[48]
    Move Silently: (1d20+37)[39]

Also making spot and listen checks every round, these should do for the next miniute or so's worth of rounds.

Spot: (1d20+23)[28]
    Listen: (1d20+21)[36]

Spot: (1d20+23)[32]
    Listen: (1d20+21)[33]

Spot: (1d20+23)[28]
    Listen: (1d20+21)[35]

Spot: (1d20+23)[38]
    Listen: (1d20+21)[37]

Spot: (1d20+23)[33]
    Listen: (1d20+21)[23]

Spot: (1d20+23)[38]
    Listen: (1d20+21)[39]

Spot: (1d20+23)[31]
    Listen: (1d20+21)[22]

Spot: (1d20+23)[29]
    Listen: (1d20+21)[41]

Spot: (1d20+23)[26]
    Listen: (1d20+21)[38]

Spot: (1d20+23)[33]
    Listen: (1d20+21)[24]
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha

Frickin' assassins and thinking they're in charge. Oh well, might as well get there and make sure he doesn't keep all the loot.
    Samantha says as she begins to float towards the ship. Realizing she maintain her plane of resistance at the same time.
    Ah, damnit, I'm gonna get soaked.
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-11-17 at 05:22 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Ainariel

Ainariel calls to Akresh as he vanishes "One thing first, John. Did the necromancer, or one of the others, have any onyx on him? If he did, I need it now. Otherwise the skeletons will disintegrate, and we'll be out two henchman. It's in all of our best interests to keep them functional."

Spoiler
    Show
    Since Tippy so graciously offered me the onyx in the OOC thread, I'll assume I get it.

Also, Cure Light Wounds on myself: (1d8+5)[10]

22. - Top - End - #142

Akresh opens one of his belt's pouches and pulls out the small bag containing the onyx, which he tosses to Ainariel.

"That's all I found on him, unless you want his velvet mantle right now as well."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Ainariel catches the bag with one hand. "Nah. Wearing too much fine clothing is a good way to get robbed. For now, let's get to that damned airship and get in flight before more cultists come after us. That is what they were, by the way." Ainariel promptly places the onyx in the skeletons' eyes. If there's any left over, he stores it in his backpack. As he goes, Ainariel tells the party what he knows about the cult of Yuri.

Spoiler
    Show
    Arcane:Yuri was a greedy human wizard who specialized in mental control magic. He ended in the black list of most cities and important organizations after being caught several time trying to influence important people and doing dangerous mind experiments who severly damaged or simply destroyed the minds of several dozen people, but always managing to escape.

With the second mourning however he took the chance of using the resulting chaos to further his own goals.

It's said he developed several powerfull and cruel enchantment spells since then, and it's using them to build himself a powerfull network of servants.

Yuri is himself a quite skilled arcane user, but rarely shows his own face anymore, relying in mind controled minions to do his dirty jobs.

Religion:Yuri started a cult with himself as the central figure. He profetizes he's the one who's destined to unite all the people of Eberron, end the Marks of Mourning threat and create a new utopic world to reward his faithfull. More and more people seem to be flocking to it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, I'll use Negative Energy Ray to heal my skeletons.
    First skeleton: (3d6)[7]
    Second skeleton (only if it's also damaged): (3d6)[12]

24. - Top - End - #144

You're ready? Then let's go.-says the gnome, lighting his staff and guiding you trough the rain-Bloody wheater. Can hardly see myself. The airship also got attacked by a lot of bandits. Luckily we arrived in time to save the guards behind. Well, that and Anabela. Geez that druid girl sometimes scares me. Glad she's on our side. She said she wanted to catch some air while we went to the tavern, and when we return she's chewing those bandits like she hadn't eat for weeks. We didn't manage to get any prisioners however. The leader of the attack sacrificed all the survivors to call some big nasty monster. We still took it down. Then the leader vanished. Should have anchored him...

As the party aproaches the airship, they see an interesting espectacle. The ground around the airship is covered with several dozens of charred and mutilated humanoid bodies half covered in the mud. A huge green humanoid body lies fallen on the battlefield, covered in tick scales, almost as tall as the airship itself, and claws bigger than lances but with the horned head cut down. Some crewman run around, investigating the remains of the bandits and taking care of their wounds, while the Captain cleans his green blood covered scimitar while discussing something with it's lieutenants.

Then you see a large bear come from the other side of the ship, going towards the captain. However as he aproaches

The zone is clear of enemies Sajik....

I already told you to call me captain Anabela!

Very, well, captain. All the enemies seem to have been repelled.

Good work Anabela. If it wasn't for you the airship may have been lost

Well, if you hadn't left for drinking, you could have taken care of the case yourself.

Now's not the time for this Anabela...Look, we'll discuss this later. We need to depart as fast as possible

Aye aye, captain...

Then the captain notices you arriving and goes talk to you:

Ah, good you're here. No time for big talks this time. I don't know if these were part of the cultists that are assaulting the gate, but we need to move fast. Are you in this? If yes hop on the ship. We go now.

If the party acepts to enter the ship, one crewman leads them to a large simple room with a dozen basic beds and a couple locked windows, and tells you these will be your quarters untill the captain speacks better with you. Emilio is inside there, aparently already asleep.

Spoiler
    Show
    Akresh notices some wildlife hidden in the bushes and water, observing the battlefield, altough none of them seems too threatening. The rain is geting heavier however, and visibility is geting worst by the minute.

The skeletons are stablized. Four onyx stones are left.

Only one skeleton was damaged, but even with both rays he seems like it still could use a little bit of negative energy.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-11-17 at 07:07 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Ainariel

Whatever the captain is planning, it can't be worse than waiting for those cultists to teleport back with more friends. And I've got some nice new skeletons to protect me, not to mention the rest of the people from the bar. I just hope that druid doesn't turn out to be someone from back home.

Ainariel does his best to look trusting and cheerful. "Sure, captain Sajik. The faster we get airborne, the better." He glances over at Samantha, then back to the captain. "Oh, do you mind if we bring these corpses with us? We might or might not use them, but we don't want to leave them around where they might frighten the villagers."

Spoiler
    Show
    Might as well finish healing my skellie. (3d6)[10]
    Oh yeah, and the necromancer needs to be stabilized. Cure Minor Wounds for 1 hp on him.
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2008-11-17 at 07:55 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha

It's always something, isn't it? Samantha though, oh well, he pays well and today wasn't boring.

Yes, let us get underway. Where do you want the pile of bodies?

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rin finally snapped out of her annoyed contemplation of her abilities, and coughed "politely" into her hand. "Ahem. First--I am a miko. Not a cleric. But close enough. Secondly, it's...not really my business to interfere." Quite frankly, though she was lawful, she was after all also neutral, which meant...let the crazy people beat on each other first, and then heal them. "But, okay, who needs healing? That seems to be what I'm good for..."

Spoiler
    Show

Request, and she'll give it to you.
    ...Healing.
    Current Characters

I made my avatar myself. You look kind of surprised! Eeh hee hee!

28. - Top - End - #148

Akresh get's on the ship and says "We got one of them alive, he's unconscious at the moment but stable, I was going to examine their possessions. So if anyone would care too join me and take their share of the goods, feel free."

With that he heads into the room and starts laying out all of the possessions stripped from the assassins. Akresh them mutters "Lopith" and stares at them for a bit before moving some of them around.

Spoiler
    Show

Using the Detect Magic ability of my Helpful Signet Ring to separate the magical goods from the non magical, and ordering the magical items based on the strength of their auras.

Lopith is just a random made up word that Akresh chose for the command word when he had the rin commissioned.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha

Samantha dumps the bodies on the deck and follows Akresh/John to where the items are being sorted.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

Ainariel

"Miko, I don't think any of us need healing now, though later we'll need to heal that necromancer so we can interrogate him. In the meantime, we can go through what we took from him and his friends. But first, would you mind telling me your name?"