New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default 3.5 Core [Untitled World]

OOC Thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...37#post5391737

The town of Blackberry Falls is fairly small in and of the town itself, though it is rather large if you count all of the inhabited land that surrounds it. It gets its name from the river that runs off of a rather large cliff into a lake on the edge of town. Legend has it that the river once ran straight to the sea, but that a magical cataclysm caused the sudden rise of the Earth, and while there is no proof, the sudden change in elevation of landscape is rather odd. Blackberry Falls would be almost inconsequential were it not for Jerund's Port, a good two days march away. The fairly busy port city sends goods up the river, where they are loaded onto cart to be shipped to Fairhold, then further inland.

The town has two taverns, one, an expensive over-priced place where the Lord of the Manor likes to take his meals and make business deals, known as the Fickle Sprite, lies on the main road through town. The second, known as the Minotaur's Gambit, is in the Town-square, and while it may not be the cleanest place in town, the food and drink is undoubtedly better, and the custom more friendly.

Other amenities in town include a blacksmith/weapon shop in the square. The owner, Rorgax, is fairly busy at the moment, as the town is growing rather rapidly, and the farmers need tools. Though he specializes in blacksmithing, Rorgax can also forge weapons and armor for adventurer's though his on hand supply is rather small. A general store sit adjacent to Rorgax's forge and is run by a large, rather burly man name Seamus. He carries most standard gear, and given the proximity to a major port, can generally special order if given enough time. A rather small temple is also present in the square, with a shrine devoted to most of the major deities. There are two full-time priests who live in the chapel, as well as another six who live in town and help out during the day.

Most of the nearly seven hundred people of Blackberry Falls live in farms surrounding the city itself, however aside from the shop-keepers, there are a few who work the docks on the river from which the town gets its name.

You all sit within the cheaper of the two tavern's. It is around dusk, and the tavern is fairly busy. A barge just came in from Jerund's Port so there are a few workers lounging about until the caravan comes from Fairhold to collect their goods. There are several tables, both booths, and free available, as well as stools at the bar. The tavern is dimly lit, there are grimy lanterns hanging from the ceiling, and candles on a few tables. The bar-keeper, an attractive woman by the name of Leilah, stands behind the bar should you want food or drink.
    Last edited by kirbsys; 2008-11-30 at 04:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

Mad King Avatar Courtesy of Abardam. Thanks man!

Please do click this link: Wonderful homebrew, articles and other resources.

The Forge

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: 3.5 Core [Untitled World]

Felix Alefist marches over to Leilah. Once there he says I'll take 5 ales. I'll be over in that far both over there*pointing*. My name is Alefist for a reason, you know? I'll also have some meat if you have any. Either boar, or pheasant, or fish, or whatever you have tonight. He then proceeds to walk off towards his both, where he sets his stuff down on the ground.

3. - Top - End - #3

Sure thing.

After a minute Leilah comes over with a tray on one hand and a plate in the other. She moves gracefully across the room and sets down the tray, laden down with foaming amber ale, and then the plate, which has a large chunk of steaming meat.

Anything else honey?
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

4. - Top - End - #4

Elaine grins at Felix's brashness, before ordering something for herself.

"Miss Leilah, I would like some water, bread, and beef stew. Please deliver to the same table as that gentleman," she gestures towards Felix.

Once finished, she makes her way over to Felix and bows, introducing herself.

"Greetings, master dwarf. It is not often that one of your kind graces this town. What brings you here today?"

5. - Top - End - #5

I would like some bread and cheese too please. Felix says to Leilah.

Turning his attention to the lady he says My dear lady, I'm an adventurer, I go where I please. But it just so happened to be raining out so I came into town for some food. I'm Felix Alefist *reaches hand out for a handshaked* and you are.....

6. - Top - End - #6

"Elaine Guilford. I'm here to get away from the city. Everyone needs a break, don't you think?" She takes his hand and squeezes.

Strength Check for handshake: (1d20-1)[10]

"So, it is adventuring that brings you here to this small town, is it? I wasn't aware that there was anything going on."
    Last edited by Stupendous_Man; 2008-11-29 at 04:38 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

There isn't, atleast none that I've heard of. I'm in it for more exploring and finding new caves no one else has and stuff liek that. Felix says.

8. - Top - End - #8

"Indeed, and where do you plan on looking for these caves? for my part, I've heard that when this cliff was raised from the sea, there were strange caves exposed, and strange things came out... but that was a long, long, time ago, and they're surely sealed now if they ever existed to begin with."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Nathaniel sits on a stool at the bar, carefully sipping his ale. It wouldn't do for him to drink it all at once and lose his judgement. Stupid town. Stupid Guild. Why'd they send me to this abyss-forgotten backwater place. 'Go to Blackberry' they said. 'What for?' I said. 'We need someone there to see what's going on' they said. 'Can't someone else go?' I said. thought Nathaniel, bitterly to himself. Of course, all's that had got him was a punch in the face, and an unconscious ride on a wagon to Blackberry.

Stupid town. he thought again, as he drained the last of his ale. Leilah motioned to refill his stein again. Nathaniel put his hand over his glass and said "Not yet."

He spun around on his stool, to get a wider look at the patrons of the tavern. The bottom of his mug was pretty boring after a while. The tavern was pretty empty. It would be another hour or so before the dock-workers finished for the day, and...Ah...

Nathaniel saw them. A dwarf, well on his way to getting drunk, or, at least, as drunk as dwarf could possibly get. And a reasonably attractive woman with him. Interesting...And easy marks too! Nathaniel motioned for Leilah to refill his stein. Maybe this town wont be so bad after all...
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

10. - Top - End - #10

"Of course, what you're more likely to find is someone picking your pocket," Elaine continues.

"Like that scrawny guy at the bar who's eyeying your belongings," she whispered.

11. - Top - End - #11

Wot's that ye say. Someone eyein' me belongings. IF THEY EVEN TRY TO PICK POCKET ME I"LL HAVE A BOLT IN YER EYE FASTER THEN AN ELF IS GIRLIE he says quite loudly and drunkly.

12. - Top - End - #12

Sitting at the table right behind the dwarf, Darwin was in the midst of drinking a hot, steamin' bowl of soup, as the short, drunken one-eyed man started shouting about pickpockets and crossbow bolts in the eyes.
    He turned his head towards the dwart and the lady, smiled faintly and started walking towards them as he said:"I am sure no one will try to pickpocket you, my dear, fellow adventurer. My name is Darwin. I am, as I implied earlier, an adventurer in a manner of speaking.

13. - Top - End - #13

I dinnae care about what ye say, I jus' sayin it so no one does it fancy man. Felix says with a bit of trouble.

14. - Top - End - #14

"Indeed, and what might your tale be?" Elaine asks, over the dwarf's verbose verbiage.

15. - Top - End - #15

"I meant no offense. I was just pointing out that this place seems safe enough. Anyway, you said you made your living as an adventurer, yes? Then maybe you know of some work I can find in this region? Maybe we could team up, even?" The smile disappeared from his face as he spoke, and it changed to a slightly more serious look..

16. - Top - End - #16

The dwarf passes out intoxicated on the table, as he was tired when he came in. He then proceeds to snore quite loudly.

17. - Top - End - #17

"Our dwarven friend seems... indisposed at the moment." Elaine grinned. "I don't think he'll be of much use to you right now, but I'd be happy to listen and offer a few suggestions, if you'd like to tell your tale."

18. - Top - End - #18

"Oh, so much for the dwarven resistance to alcohol.." Darwin said as he grinned.

"Are you talking to me?" He turned towards the young woman.

19. - Top - End - #19

"Interested in my tale are you? Not much to tell, but alright, I'll tell you about me.
    My full name is Darwin Scribeson, and I am a traveling priest of Oghma. I hail from this very city, and I've done a bit of adventuring, mostly as the spiritual advisor to a few lowscale mercenary teams. Now, I am looking for more work, and I am interested in starting my own team. What about you? Maybe you'd be interested in joining forces with me, and the dwarf, if he ever regains consciousness?

20. - Top - End - #20

"Ah, a man of the cloth," Elaine comments, glancing at his armor and shield. "Well, I am honored at your invitation, but what, praytell, makes you think I have the relevant talents?"

21. - Top - End - #21

"Nothing, I suppose." Darwin said with a sligtly disappointed tone. "But you mentioned getting out of city, and I am sure you must have some talents. With your striking beauty and grace, I figured you'd atleast have som talent as a bard, or perhabs as the party face?" ´He started smiling again as he uttered the last part of that sentence.

22. - Top - End - #22

"Tisk tisk, I'm not sure whether to be flattered or insulted." Elaine laughs a little. "Not every pretty face is a bard, or smooth talker, you know."

23. - Top - End - #23

Having a nightmare involving his mom, his grandmom, and a dog, Felix suddenly wakes up and says I'm up. I'm up. Don't leave without meeeeee! He then looks around and realizes it wasn't his bedroom when he was 10 and leaving on a vacation. He then looks down at his belongings and makes sure they are all there. Apparently clear of his drunkenness he asks the man by him What ye lookin' at. you eyein' me things? I don't like people takin' me things.

24. - Top - End - #24

"It has been well established, master dwarf. He was just asking if we knew of any employment opportunities in the area."

25. - Top - End - #25

"Relax, dwarf, I did not take any of you things. I am no thief."

"Well, then, would you care to tell if you have any special talents than, my dear?"

26. - Top - End - #26

Oh........Oi! Me thinks that........wait.....Neva mind. I don't think anyone's hiring. Felix says.

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    "[COLOR="Gray"]
    "Well, then, would you care to tell if you have any special talents than, my dear?"
    Elaine casts Prestidigitation, and forms a crude, artificial flower from a pewter like substance.

"Magic," she adds simply, offering the flower to Darwin.
    Last edited by Stupendous_Man; 2008-11-30 at 04:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

"Are you certain"The words were spoken with a large measure of disappointment.

29. - Top - End - #29

"Oh, I'm impressed" he said, and took the flower from her hand. He inspected it, and nodded towards the creator.
    "That is a special talent indeed"

30. - Top - End - #30

The door to the tavern swings open, and a man wearing a long captain's cloak walks in, dripping from the rain outside. He takes a long look around the tavern, then goes and sits down next to a group the barge workers. He talks to them for a minute, and looks over at the group sitting at the table once or twice, finally he stands back up and walks over. He draws up a seat, then says, "Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Captain Rhorvald, I'm in charge of piloting the barge from over in Jerund's Port to here in Blackberry Falls, and of course making sure that the caravan gets the goods. We've hit a slight snag however, the Caravan has just arrived, but several of their guards were wounded on the way here, apparently a group of bandits have taken root in the forest to the East, and there's no other way to get to Fairhold. You three look fairly competent, if a bit intoxicated," he adds looking over at Felix. You'll be paid well, I assure you. Are you interested?
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge