New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31

Default Re: 3.5 Core [Untitled World]

"And he was just looking for a job too! What crazy random happenstance!"

Elaine quickly checks around to see if the shady figure is still around.

"You know, there's four of us if you count the shifty guy at the bar back there."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Nathaniel swivels on his bar stool.
    "Come on, now. I'm sure you don't mean me?, he said as he stood up. Leaving his mug at the counter. As he got up, he pulled a chair from an empty table and brought it over with him, as he set in down backwards with a plonk. Nathaniel straddled the chair and folded his arms over the backrest, and then leaned his head onto his arms.

"I heard there was talk of being 'well paid'. I'm a respectable...Mercenary. You could say. I've served a few times with trading ventures. And they've always ended up well. Sure, there were times when we got hassled and I've taken a knife or two. Here. I'll show you! Nathaniel says, as he begins to lift his shirt. He pauses, and squints one eye.

"Y'know what? I'll save that for another time. Still, I'm here. So that means I've lived through all my fights. And I'd appreciate it, Ma'am-" Nathaniel said, now looking at Elaine "If you didn't call me Shady - although, I do like the ring of it. My name is Corth." says Nathaniel, as he puts his hand out. Eager to shake someone's hand.

Given the disapproving look he gets from Elaine. Nathaniel frowns "No? Well. I can already see we'll be best friends."
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2008-11-30 at 10:17 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ahg, Yes. Money. I WILL BE IN FINE SIR! he screams loudly.

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    "Y'know what? I'll save that for another time. Still, I'm here. So that means I've lived through all my fights. And I'd appreciate it, Ma'am-" Nathaniel said, now looking at Elaine "If you didn't call me Shady - although, I do like the ring of it. My name is Corth." says Nathaniel, as he puts his hand out. Eager to shake someone's hand.

Given the disapproving look he gets from Elaine. Nathaniel frowns "No? Well. I can already see we'll be best friends."
    Strength check for hand shake: (1d20-1)[1]

"Delighted."
    Last edited by Stupendous_Man; 2008-11-30 at 10:33 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35

I'm glad to hear that yer all in. As I said, the caravan just arrived, my men'll get it loaded and it should be ready to leave tomorrow afternoon. Just be out at the docks around then, I'll make sure and tell Kenneth to be expectin' ya'. Its about a four day journey, and unfortunately ye'll end up campin' in the forest one night, but as I said, the reward once ye reach Fairhold'll be well worth it.

He says his thanks once more then retires to drink with his sailors in the corner.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

Mad King Avatar Courtesy of Abardam. Thanks man!

Please do click this link: Wonderful homebrew, articles and other resources.

The Forge

6. - Top - End - #36

A satisfied look spread across Darwin's face as he started tapping his fingers on the table, looked at the captain as he walked away, and exclaimed :"Well, saves me the trouble to look for it myself"

7. - Top - End - #37

"So what will you be looking for in your newfound spare time?"

8. - Top - End - #38

"Nothing really, I suppose? Not much to do around here but wait, eh?" Darwin smiled as he said it.

9. - Top - End - #39

"There's always Three Dragon Ante... if you're up for it."

10. - Top - End - #40

Darwin raised his eyebrows and stopped tapping his fingers on the table: "Excuse me, the what?"

11. - Top - End - #41

"It's a card game. I happen to have a deck." Elaine explains. "Here, allow me to tell you the rules."

12. - Top - End - #42

"I am afraid I do not know how to play that game, my dear. Although, if given some time, I'd would certainly be interested in learning it, and eventually playing it?" Darwin said, and smiled.

13. - Top - End - #43

"Perhaps some other time, then. I think I'll retire for the night, after I finish my meal."

OOC: I think we should all wrap up our business and start the adventure tomorrow.

14. - Top - End - #44

"I agree. I bid you goodnight, then"

OOC: I agree (again), we need to get some adventuring done!

15. - Top - End - #45

(People? DM?)

16. - Top - End - #46

OOC: Are we going defunct here or something?

17. - Top - End - #47

You all wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and ready for the journey. As you head down to the docks, you smell the unmistakable smell of open water. A medium-sized barge sits on the docks, with various crates and chests around it, or in the process of being loaded into the four carts that make up the caravan. A middle-aged man that walks with a slight limp walks up to you, he wears simple traveling clothes, a white shirt with a leather jerkin, black pants, and leather boots. He carries a sword on his side, and a cross-bow on his back.

"I assume you're the guards that Rhorvald hired for me? I can't thank you enough. Our caravan barely made it here to pick up the shipment, we were ambushed by bandits, and all but one of our guards were slain. I hope you manage those weapons well.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

Mad King Avatar Courtesy of Abardam. Thanks man!

Please do click this link: Wonderful homebrew, articles and other resources.

The Forge

18. - Top - End - #48

"Oh, as well as any, I suppose," Elaine shrugs, showing off her empty hands. "Where are you all off to?"

19. - Top - End - #49

Buhahahahaha.*evil laugh* I can't manage this weapon well, I can manage it excellent. I am Felix Alefist, Dwarf Sharpshooter. He says.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground

Abruptly, what was just a pair of legs of someone digging around in a damaged crate becomes a large man, walking towards the group with a pleased expression in his face. He looks to be heavily built and wears the scruffy look of a traveller about him. His beard is untrimmed and short, and interestingly enough, he has an axe that's almost as tall as him strapped to his back. It moves through the air rather worryingly sharp looking. The man draws up to a stop next to the person inspecting the adventuring group. You can see now that he was even more heavily built than you thought, muscles ripple beneath his well-crafted mail like the waves of the sea, and the calluses on his hands look as if they were from a blacksmith that didn't use gloves. He holds something small and white out to the other man.

"'Ey look: I found another one of Roald's teeth - poor bugger. I always told him that fighting fast wouldn't get him anywhere in the end."

Throwing the tooth over his shoulder and into the ocean before anyone can get a good look at it, he turns to the motley group of adventurers.

"So, these are the new guards for the caravan?

He raises an eyebrow as he inspects at the group.

"They look a bit... Mixed, for guards.
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-12-07 at 08:52 PM.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

21. - Top - End - #51

"Delighted to meet you as well." Elaine fills the brief silence as the others decide what to feel over the comment.

Handshake Str. check: (1d20-1)[7]

22. - Top - End - #52

Spoiler
    Show

Are you shaking hands with Kanose? If so; (1d20+4)[22]

Kanose leans forward and takes the hand of the slight - although very attractive woman in his hand and shakes it, trying not to crush her fingers.

"Likewise. Still," He pulls back, and idly rubs at a stubborn bloodstain on his shoulder plate. "I suppose you all look combat-worthy enough, in your own ways.
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-12-07 at 09:42 PM.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

23. - Top - End - #53

"I'm sure. I see that you're still mopping up after the raid the other day," Elaine says, noticing the blood on him and the fact that he had just picked out a tooth. "Care to talk about it?"

She casts Prestidigitation and uses it to clean his armor off, hoping ot make a good impression as well as announce her abilities.

24. - Top - End - #54

Kanose chuckles as the woman cleans his armour with a flick of her wrist.

"Haha, I see, a Wizard then. That explains it."

He rolls his neck, feeling the joints crack.

"Not too much to say. There was a fair amount of us there, but we weren't expecting a fight. Bandits dropped out of the trees during the dead of night - that idiot Lharne was on watch; couldn't find his arse without a map. So, the bandits have already butchered half of us by the time we got ourselves together - most of us still being unarmoured, we fought as best we can, but there wasn't much hope. Still, I managed to knock the chip on the shoulder of their leader off - by means of removing his head along with it. With the help of my little friend here, of course." He taps the massive axe on his back. "And I guess the sight of me beating one of their men to death with their leaders head just was a bit too much for them - particularly as by now most of us had gotten our weapons to hand.

He sighed, looking skyward for a moment in remembered exasperation.

"Still, the boys were stupid enough to chase after the bandits - not realising that they still outnumbered us two to one, and they were all armed and armoured. The bandits realised it before they did, so it didn't work out too well for them. They certainly didn't go down without a fight though. There were only about... five or six bandits left when they came back to try and get the cargo? They hadn't reckoned on me having climbed a tree and getting the drop on them - literally, as it turns out. Having me drop on two of your number from twenty feet wearing mail tends to discourage most bandits. They scarpered, and I had to bring the bloody caravan in myself."

He shrugs.

"I didn't get paid any extra either. Oh well. Such is life."

25. - Top - End - #55

"Did you have the right to loot the bandit corpses? Armor and weapons always sell when danger is present."

26. - Top - End - #56

Kanose shakes his head.

"Most of what they had was pretty shoddy stuff even if it worked properly. Took a few bits and pieces and all the gold they had - it wasn't much, even though I had only myself to divide it between. And that was almost all gone after they saw fit to deduct the costs of the damaged goods from my wages, the bastards. Sooner that I can wash myself of this whole endeavor, the better. Signed on for a full trip though, so I can't complain.

27. - Top - End - #57

"Actually, I'm pretty sure you're doing that right now," Elaine jokes.

28. - Top - End - #58

Kanose laughs heartily - he was beginning to like the magic-user already. Not many people would be willing to call him out like that - let alone a woman as pretty as she. Perhaps this trip would be more fun than he'd thought.

"Haha, I guess you're right there."

Abruptly, he makes an apologetic noise.

"Bugger, I haven't even introduced myself to you all. I'm Kanose. Kanose Kintor. Hopefully; we'll have a safe journey together.

29. - Top - End - #59

"I'm sure it can't go too badly; what are the chances of getting struck twice in one go? I'm sure those bandits are in the next county by now. Thieves aren't usually too persistent over trade goods..."

Elaine trails off. "Though, of course, that is an assumption on my part, as we were never told exactly what is being shipped."

Spoiler
    Show
    Just for the heck of it, going to make a bluff check to convey a secret message:

Bluff: (1d20+9)[20]

Message: "I wonder if there's something in this caravan that's more valuable than they let on."

30. - Top - End - #60

Kanose raises an eyebrow.

"Can never be too careful. Whatever's in those crates, their owners care enough about them to hire a good amount of armed men to make sure they reach where they need to go."