Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Play GenGame

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    I'll let BH speak for me here:

Spoiler
    Show
    Domo, you are epic beyond that which words can describe.
    Wolfen Houndog - The World in Revolt (4e)
    The Mythic Warrior, a 3.5 base class that severs limbs and sunders armor
    The Nameless One, converted to 3.5 and 5e

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Fanon until proven otherwise:

SM lives in the Ghetto. (Gentto?)

A much nicer place then present-day ghetto minds you, but still a ghetto.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

So, now that production has stopped for a few days to get the holiday feasting done, this is a pretty good opportunity for all of you to give us some opinions on how things are currently going, speculation on how to continue, what's crap and so on. (Also: Art and stories by someone who's neither me nor AJ? Hells yeah.)

...assuming you're not busy with feasting yourself, of course.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2011-12-24 at 01:48 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

4. - Top - End - #334

BH needs a few levelups. She's way too far behind the others. Also, new genres and gadgets (I'm kind of partial to Retroactive Renegade, myself).

Caddybear respawn plz?

Storywise, everything so far has implied that the key to victory is to build an army, and everything they've done so far is towards that end. Now that they have their mechanofortress (and possibly the bearcolytes, depending on whether or not SM's quest was the only one needed to gain their allegiance), it would be nice to see them start going about that. If they don't have the bearcolytes, they need to get their butts on that (maybe BH and SM do so, while MG stays at the mechanofortress building things?).

Another thing that needs to be explored is the fallout of the events at Castle Bane. Did the Eldritch Abomination win, or the Mechanoboss? If so, will SD (the only player left there) take Castle Bane? If so, will that mean almost certain victory, or will it be so weakened it won't mean as much?

CC#002 needs to show up at some point. Not now, but at some very inconvenient point far in the future, for comedic horror effect on MG's part (or even as an unlikely hero). This, of course, assumes it still exists.

Pretty much the only thing I can think of that could use improvement would be BH's drawing (something I know you've been trying to work on). The fundamental issue is, of course, the question of how to make her look suitably feminine without giving her obvious and exaggerated features (such as a rack or girly hair). Her femininity needs to be subtle, yet not result in people confusing her for a boy.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

A mini-arc dedicated to MG's Mechanical Minions who miraculously survived the collapse of castle bane?

I do admittedly have two unfinished gengame-related pictures I’ve been meaning to work on but haven’t touched in months. One’s just CB and SM's head (supposed to be her whole body) doing the tango, the other is/was/idek the beginning of a small unrelated-to-gengame sidestory set in the gengame universe I dreamed about. Though I screwed up near the beginning and now need to do pretty much the entire thing all over again since I’m using MSPaint and nothing else.

Really though I’m still unsure of what the sidestory would even be about if I started working on it again, what would Gencorp even do with a small army of cocooned hive-mind creatures that get separated from the hive mind if the plug growing out the back of their neck is removed from it's outlet in the cocoon? Best i could think of would be like... an organic supercomputer or something.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #336

...Maybe you should work on the former before the latter.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    (Also: Art and stories by someone who's neither me nor AJ? Hells yeah.)
    You would like Fan Arts/fics?

Gonna take a while to recall it, but I could write about the one-on-one match I had... No team-mates. I cannot recall what class I chose, though. I do remember we picked the largest map size possible....

((Also: It's been a month or so since anyone has contributed to the Wiki. After a short amount of debate, internal and external, I have started working on the Meta page, although there's not much to put on it. Need more pages, I recommend starting with some "needed" links on MG's Page))
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    ((Also: It's been a month or so since anyone has contributed to the Wiki. After a short amount of debate, internal and external, I have started working on the Meta page, although there's not much to put on it. Need more pages, I recommend starting with some "needed" links on MG's Page))
    Probably for the better to start that early then, yeah. Maybe we need to lure more tropers/wikiers in, to get that going. Or make more content in GenGame itself, once we continue.)

Also, no fan art/fix to be seen yet? I suspect the holidays kept you busy as well. (Well, the end of the year, really.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Well i'm bored and hyped up on suger, So let's see if i can't turn this year-old image into something worthwhile shall we? ... Dear god caddybears nose looks ten differnt kinds of bad. But i must not be distracted! I must finish SM first! That poor woman is naught but a head and an arm!

edit 1: 40-ish minnutes after posting: I have given SM: A possible excuse for a neck! Working on sholders now. This is difficult due to the nonexistance of them in the sorce material.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2011-12-29 at 09:15 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    edit 1: 40-ish minnutes after posting: I have given SM: A possible excuse for a neck! Working on sholders now. This is difficult due to the nonexistance of them in the sorce material.
    Hey, why not use one of those present in the more recent material? There's plenty. (Don't forget her strand of hair on the front though. That has always been there. )

I see what you're going for here.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

yeahh i'm gunna add that in later with CB's nose.

Just spent the last IDEK how long (since last edit i think) trying to rework CB's hand there, sorce materal i'm working with (non-gengame) has the woman's pinkie interlocked with his, and the rest of her finers on top of his and it's REALLY hard to mimic this in mspaint.

This is the immage i'm reffering to.

Edit: Bluh, just as i was starting to work on it again after a short break my mom came in and told me to take a shower, that ontop of my already tired-ness completely killed the mood, so i think i'm gunna stop now, hopefully for less then a year this time. This is pretty much as far as i got. (Added a ton of reference pics, gave SM an earlobe, sholders, and a mouth, fixed CB's arm, spent the following three hours trying to make that dumb hand until i decided to bug it and just go with a bad one.)

All in all... Pretty much got nothing done. woot.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2011-12-29 at 01:18 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342

Ooh. New banner.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thereaper View Post
    Ooh. New banner.
    I'm gonna change that thing around more often from now on, depending on where the story is, just for the visual appeal.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

You totally stole that from Cucumber Quest, didn't you?
    Editor and playtester for Legend.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    You totally stole that from Cucumber Quest, didn't you?
    Pff, me? Don't me crazy that would be ludicrous yeah i totally did.

Edit: something occured to me: Are the happenings of the showdown already in the wiki, meta-wise?
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-01-02 at 04:41 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

PSM sure likes having her hand on her hip doesn't she?
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2012-01-03 at 06:03 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

It is an integral part of her stance as a swordswoman.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Must be prepaired for any attack! A wise girl
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #349

Ouch. She really doesn't care about her squire, does she?

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground

Ouch. She really doesn't care about her squire, does she?
    That's totally a part of the Swordwoman-Squire relationship, though. Last time I played a Swordmaster, I ran my squire through hell and back again and he became quite an able Lieutenant for the army I assigned him to. If you're not hard on them, they won't be able to advance into the best Lieutenant types!
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

maybe it's self-denial. i mean look at her face!

"he was just a dumb NPC, you only miss him because now you need to carry your own swords around again. its... not like you CARED about him or anything...Baka"
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    maybe it's self-denial. i mean look at her face!

"he was just a dumb NPC, you only miss him because now you need to carry your own swords around again. its... not like you CARED about him or anything...Baka"
    Yes, SM is totally Tsundere for CB. Totally.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Yes, SM is totally Tsundere for CB. Totally.
    This is totally a thing now
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Rambly mass-response coming back after a month but too lazy to multi-quote.))

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the happenings in showdown are (at least in theory) entirely prior to the beginning of the "Let's Play GenGame" story. You could ask AJ to confirm though, as it is his story.

I'd totally get back to editing the wiki except winter quarter is starting and I made a New Year's Resolution to get a life and try doing productive things in the real world. So we'll see what happens there.

@Cieyrin/Draconi(SM-Tsundere): Well DUH, we saw that coming from the start!

@Draconi(PSM/hand-on-hip): Being a swordsman myself (yes IRL! Fencing FTW!), I must say this is a quite a handy tactic as a form of passive readiness. Of course, you'd want to put your hand somewhere else when the fight starts, but those places are dangerous until you've got some semblance of an idea of what your up against. You have to pick your stance to match your opponent, obviously.

GenGame Fanart: Ehh. If I do something, I'll be all completionist and go all the way with it. You want evidence? Check out my In-Character Forum Post below. Yeah, that's right, it's cannon bitches. Anyways, not sure this is the best time to commit myself to fanart/fanstories, right before classes start and not knowing what my workload will be like. Okay I'll do it. Don't expect it quick though.

-------

Story Stuff

Commentary:
    I like the development of the enemy team. Good work keeping them mysterious and powerful and yet still as oddball as the heroinic party.

Plot as it is (In-character forum post):
    Clearly Reginald Caddybear is gonna be just fine. With his new Light Fingers he's probably sufficiently light-aligned to withstand the damage of the beacon at least long enough to escape. Remember, he's not technically a creature of darkness, so he would only take normal damage, but now mitigated by his affinity with light. Since Light Fingers are a more recent addition to the game, they REALLY DO convey type-alignments, so Caddybear is now technically a Light type creature even though he's a shadowbear. Even he won't be able to survive that blast indefinitely, but as a single-type Light creature the pure Light damage from the beacon should be insufficient to kill him before his quick thinking can get him to safety. Who knows, maybe he just jumped inside that caddybag and used it as cover? The dilution effect would probably render the beacon harmless as his resistance to Light would overcome the remaining damage, effectively rendering him invincible until he could eventually crawl out of range.

On the other hand, we have that giant robot and the Eldritch Abomination from Beyond the Stars. My bet? Neither of them won. They may have brought Castle Bane down on the players, but we already know that TM and some Mechanoguards survived, so the castle is still standing. Both combatants are very powerful high-level mosnters, and they may have powers to avoid damage from falling (Especially that abomination. Aren't they from one of the alienoid expansions?) so they're probably both fine and still battling it out. Having SD and zombie-JH alone in Castle Bane will probably be a problem, but hopefully someone planted a Portal Seed so they can go back there quickly (if not, maybe TM can get one to anchor from his end?). The other thing to worry about is that the mechanoguard disguised as BH mentioned that there are no more fronts because the enemies are everywhere. Does that just refer to the four players, or are there more assailants out there than we thought? We might be facing another unknown element in Castle Bane still. It would be a good idea to keep watch for that.

As for the Plains of Smoke, KB was pretty clear that the fight wasn't over yet. Someone needs to get back there and check on the Bearcolytes, as well as ensuring whatever plan KB has fails and securing the loyalty and ownership of the Plains of Smoke for our heroines.

Back at the mechanofortress they definitely need to get some production going, probably a good Meltium Mine if they don't have one already and then maybe pump out some ROGUEs if they can't make anything better. If nothing else, at least MG can direct and upgrade the ROGUEs as soon as she can get hooked up with a dispenser again. She probably wants to check out her command slots to see which of her minions survived. Most of them probably did (except filler minion) which could be a plus by letting her keep a handle on things in Castle Bane, but it also means unless they can secure portal transit to the castle she's separated from her minions.

Beyond that, they might want to take a good look at the map again and see if there are any other places worth taking a crack at. If the destruction at Castle Bane continues (especially if it's helped along with some strategic STEALTH) the entire castle may end up destroyed and uncapturable, so that whole strategy can go right out the window. Time for some fallback planning.

All-in-all though, the heroines aren't too bad off. They're almost even on player deaths, and neither side has really captured anything. SM may not have won the Plains of Smoke outright, but she definitely got a good edge to work from. BH successfully unleashed the Eldritch Abomination from Beyond the Stars from Level 0 to a strategic position in Castle Bane, and JH's early rush was thwarted. All that's left to deal with is SD's madness, and right now all the heroines are right where they need to be: together at the Mechanofortress to lend their skills to upgrading their base, applying global techtree upgrades, and starting themselves a good economy and production base. Things are going well. Very well indeed. I may end up trying to recruit them for my guild if this plays out well. I'll be keeping an eye out on this game for sure.

- Charidan, Lord of the Ninjas
    Top Ninja Player on the GenServers
    Last edited by Slartibartfast; 2012-01-09 at 02:49 AM.
    "Actually I don't know how to write a post, I just write essays and put them on forums"
    Spoiler
    Show

"We have a visual on the ninja, he appears to be... coding? *gurk*"
    Ninja 7/Rogue 7/Bard 1
    All above pictures are Ceikatars!

25. - Top - End - #355

Found an archive error. Strip 454 has the same command as the one before it, ("SM: Quick use your hidden weapon, ASSONANCE.") when it should be "SM: Switch to Phoenix Style to break free of the Ice and attack the closest enemy with Flaming Decent Strike." The link itself is correct, however.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
    ((Rambly mass-response coming back after a month but too lazy to multi-quote.))

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the happenings in showdown are (at least in theory) entirely prior to the beginning of the "Let's Play GenGame" story. You could ask AJ to confirm though, as it is his story.
    I never had a lot of context in mind for that story. I basically created it as a way to showcase a lot of the fan stuff that would never end up in the main story, and because I wanted to explore the format a bit more, experiment and get some extra practice. So, because of both of these things, I basically went in without any real direction or ideas in mind. That said, I suspect it does occur prior to the original story. If nothing else, it's simpler not to have to retroactively accommodate things if we ever decide to make any major changes, or anything like that. Basically the main story comes first, so if Showdown is in the past then we never have to worry about constraining the main story because of Showdown.

I'd totally get back to editing the wiki except winter quarter is starting and I made a New Year's Resolution to get a life and try doing productive things in the real world. So we'll see what happens there.
    Basically why I haven't looked at it for roughly a half-year. >.>

Found an archive error. Strip 454 has the same command as the one before it, ("SM: Quick use your hidden weapon, ASSONANCE.") when it should be "SM: Switch to Phoenix Style to break free of the Ice and attack the closest enemy with Flaming Decent Strike." The link itself is correct, however.
    Fixed! Thank you.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

27. - Top - End - #357
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just realized that the wiki only has 10 users registered. Are there really only ten of us, or are there just fans of the comic who aren't on the wiki?
    "Actually I don't know how to write a post, I just write essays and put them on forums"
    Spoiler
    Show

"We have a visual on the ninja, he appears to be... coding? *gurk*"
    Ninja 7/Rogue 7/Bard 1
    All above pictures are Ceikatars!

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

The latter, i presume. Most of the readers we have don't comment and instead prefer to passively follow the comic along. Those are unlikely to get onto the wiki too.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

I just realized that the wiki only has 10 users registered. Are there really only ten of us, or are there just fans of the comic who aren't on the wiki?
    Well, I'm not on the wiki for reasons of not having the time to spare...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Usually, too, the "Recent Updates" front page usually only has one user's name at a time.

Right now, it's a couple pages of "Flabort" (That's me!), with a couple quick edits by "Charidan" and "Reaper with no name", then a page or two of "reaper with no name". And I haven't edited anything for a couple days!

Simply put, very few of the members are active at any time.
    Still, slowly but surely, content is getting added.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.