New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXX: Must be Summoner Level 18 to View

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    I'll take that challenge.
    And I eat my words whole. Fine, this thread wins again. I just legitimately suck at League of Legends. Want proof? Go look at my match history. I will forever be the Demon Lord of Elo Hell.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #122

To be perfectly fair, everyone in that game was terrible. Especially the Trynd. He kinda fed Kennen.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Would a Team All-The-Poison work in practice? Singed, Cass, Teemo, Twitch... there must be someone else with a long-term DoT...

Malz, maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Would a Team All-The-Poison work in practice? Singed, Cass, Teemo, Twitch... there must be someone else with a long-term DoT...

Malz, maybe?
    Gangplank's passive applies a poison.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Gangplank's passive applies a poison.
    That could work too. So, does either of those team comps work? Someone should try that.

"You thought you got away? Sorry, no."

Also, it'd make Twin Fang spamming even easier. The CDR procs on Teemo's, Singed's, and Twitch's poisons as well.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

If you don't require it to be a poison, Trist's Explosive Shot active is a DoT and 2 of Swain's spells are DoT. I think Gangplank is the only other one that's declared to be a poison, although I don't know if it's a 'poison' for terms of triggering Twin Fang's reduced cooldown.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    The CDR procs on Teemo's, Singed's, and Twitch's poisons as well.
    It only applies on the purple vlad poison. Which, as far as I remember, is only Singed, Teemo and Cassiopeia.

EDIT: seems I was mistaken, apparently it procs on Twitch's passive too even though it's not purple vlad poison. Naughty naughty Riot, being all inconsistent like that.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2012-02-09 at 09:40 PM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    It only applies on the purple vlad poison. Which, as far as I remember, is only Singed, Teemo and Cassiopeia.
    According to leagueoflegends.wikia.com, it also triggers on Twitch's, even though it has a different visual effect.
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #129

Yeah, I just checked.

Which is weird because it doesn't seem like something you'd forget to add. You could put the purple vlad effect as well as Twitch's current thingy.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I just checked.

Which is weird because it doesn't seem like something you'd forget to add. You could put the purple vlad effect as well as Twitch's current thingy.
    "purple vlad"?

Vlad doesn't have a poison, does he?
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #131

the little poison animation that hovers above someone's head that was introduced with the Cassiopeia patch is just Vlad's little glob of blood that he has floating above his hand, but purple and with a little extra particle or two, "purple vlad" seemed like the best way to put it

EDIT: they should give him a skin where he's purple and then all of his skills inflict poison too for funsies
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2012-02-09 at 09:54 PM.
    BANG → !

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

the little poison animation that hovers above someone's head that was introduced with the Cassiopeia patch is just Vlad's little glob of blood that he has floating above his hand, but purple and with a little extra particle or two, "purple vlad" seemed like the best way to put it

EDIT: they should give him a skin where he's purple and then all of his skills inflict poison too for funsies
    Ah. I would have called it a "purple blob".
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Twitch probably had a different visual effect because his poison stacks and it's vitally important to his gameplay to be able to easily gauge how many stacks of poison are on a target.

So, new champion art is out. First riot reintroduces khadgar's pipe, now they put in a bruiser who fights with an anchor. Has the dev team suddenly remembered that Dota was fun or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Probably the biggest failure of a win ever:

Spoiler
    Show
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah, he's a ranged sustained dps mage like Vlad.

WHY ELSE WOULD SORC SHOES STACK EH?
    This is actually not an altogether uncommon build in internal games.

One of those "This is silly. This would be stupid to nerf though. We're glad it hasn't caught on."

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshadow View Post
    Reina, you need to read this thread and implement it immediately because it is seriously the best idea ever and we really need it.
    I'm not sure how well that would go over in certain regions...

The players might be overwhelmed by the fabulous. We'd not be able to sell any other champ except this one.
    Last edited by Reinboom; 2012-02-09 at 11:51 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136

Those brave, brave souls. Too bad they ran up against a team of tryhards, with three of us playing our very best champions (although Mundo top lane was actually really annoying for the first two minutes until he made the mistake of pushing to my tower over and over).

17. - Top - End - #137
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    Twitch probably had a different visual effect because his poison stacks and it's vitally important to his gameplay to be able to easily gauge how many stacks of poison are on a target.

So, new champion art is out. First riot reintroduces khadgar's pipe, now they put in a bruiser who fights with an anchor. Has the dev team suddenly remembered that Dota was fun or something?
    Sorry, you seem to have confused fun with pain and suffering.

18. - Top - End - #138

Well, why else does Fire Emblem have a fanbase? It's the abusive boyfriend of Tactical Dating Simulators. and despite the abuse, I always end up crawling back for more of Intelligent System's pain
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    ...How? How did you guys win this apart from it being a 5v4?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetRein View Post
    This is actually not an altogether uncommon build in internal games.

One of those "This is silly. This would be stupid to nerf though. We're glad it hasn't caught on."

I'm not sure how well that would go over in certain regions...

The players might be overwhelmed by the fabulous. We'd not be able to sell any other champ except this one.
    Damn, I want to upvote this so bad. It made me laugh.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

20. - Top - End - #140
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    I would say that he doesn't outright lose his lane to certain CC-less melee casters, but that's about it. Even then, Rumble and Morde scale much harder and can eventually ignore your drains. If you focus drain rather than dark wind they'll just push you to your tower and use it to deny you.
    In my experience Fiddle is just fine. His laning is pretty meh but with the new jungle he does it just fine. He's still a mage with a pentakill ability and two forms of CC and a very useful early game aura. He also duels well against most junglers in the early game making for high resilience against jungle invasion and good invasion on his own right.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

I am reminded that I own Fifth Age Taric, and that he is truly, truly outrageous.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    ...How? How did you guys win this apart from it being a 5v4?
    I have no idea. Had to work like heck for every inch.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
    Well, why else does Fire Emblem have a fanbase? It's the abusive boyfriend of Tactical Dating Simulators. and despite the abuse, I always end up crawling back for more of Intelligent System's pain
    Because not letting anyone die and abusing the RNG is part of the fun o_o
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Protip from Rammus main: you are stacking way too many resistances when your scaling is so ridiculous (free armor and magic resist after you max out W, which you should by level 13, after maxed out E). Thornmail is a trap item that only works for comboing with his W+E, but isn't a great rush item. You are much better off getting a Giant's Belt and using it to buy a Sunfire or a Warmogs (and in most cases I recommend the latter). Other good items would be Shurelya (which you have), Randuin, Aegis and in some cases Banshees. Basically - itemize for health more, health becomes more effective when you have large resistances and you do because you are Rammus, but your health pool isn't so impressive on the other hand.

Also, the moment you are able to buy tier 3 runes, invest in Armor yellows and get Flash instead of Heal, it's a really good playmaker for Rammus.

Also, this Wukong and (enemy) Ashe build... they make my eyes bleed.
    Last edited by Winthur; 2012-02-10 at 04:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Watching tournaments, a fairly sure pattern emerges: The team that has the most gold wil win.

There are exceptions, of course, but once one team has a significant advantage, they are rare.

So the logic seems to be that the team that plays the best makes the most gold. But I'm wondering if the logic can be reversed on this one. As in, can the team that makes the most gold, play best?

In other words, has any professional team ever tried going all in on gold/10, and how did it work out? And by all in I mean everyone takes gold quints, masteries and builds at least one gold/10 item.

26. - Top - End - #146

Re: diversified damage.

I am off the firm opinion that a diverse mix of magic damage and physical damage is nice to have, but by no means necessary. Sure, the opponents might be able to counter you damage more easily, but how many of their champions can realistically stack enough resistances without severely compromising their own potential? Usually not more than two or three.

If you are on a team with damage heavily loaded towards only a single type, you do need to be aware that your lategame will be much worse than with a mix of damage. The real strength of ignoring the must have ad/ap idea is that it allows you to counterpick enemy lanes heavily. If you can stomp all your lanes, then it doesn't matter that your lategame is worse. 5k gold advantage > diverse damage.

TLDR; A diverse mix of damage is desirable, but if counterpicking your opponents leads you to a single damage type comp, thats fine. You just have to make sure that you exploit your lane advantages to get ahead, and don't let the game run late.
    English is not my first language, but feel free to correct me.

Character sheets:
    Telim, Wilton, Aron and Eric

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Acromos View Post
    In other words, has any professional team ever tried going all in on gold/10, and how did it work out? And by all in I mean everyone takes gold quints, masteries and builds at least one gold/10 item.
    Quints are the runes that are most efficient for stats. You can use them to get useful statistics instead (flat AP, movespeed, AD, even flat health come to mind), and use that to win the lane and gain more gold through kills or zoning people out. Gold/10 items delay your other items and are only good on self-sustained lanes that are winning, otherwise they usually cause you to lose lane. AD Carries with gold/10 items for instance tend to be complete sitting ducks that don't do anything, and gold/10 items don't even build into worthwhile things for them. For AP carries you'd rather win lane with Doran items and snowball into huge AP items.

Notable exception: Dyrus' Twisted Fate going 3 gold per 10 and getting Shurelya/Deathfire and selling HoG later; he gets gold, microwaves everyone. I don't know why it works, it just does, lolol
    Last edited by Winthur; 2012-02-10 at 05:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Quints are the runes that are most efficient for stats. You can use them to get useful statistics instead (flat AP, movespeed, AD, even flat health come to mind), and use that to win the lane and gain more gold through kills or zoning people out. Gold/10 items delay your other items and are only good on self-sustained lanes that are winning, otherwise they usually cause you to lose lane. AD Carries with gold/10 items for instance tend to be complete sitting ducks that don't do anything, and gold/10 items don't even build into worthwhile things for them. For AP carries you'd rather win lane with Doran items and snowball into huge AP items.

Notable exception: Dyrus' Twisted Fate going 3 gold per 10 and getting Shurelya/Deathfire and selling HoG later; he gets gold, microwaves everyone. I don't know why it works, it just does, lolol
    Unless you're like me who just outright sucks at last hitting, which makes gold per x rune a godsend.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post

That is patently obvious. Your early game will be weaker.

However, 3 AP quints will give you 15 AP. 3 gold quints will give you 3 gold every 10 seconds, a gold item will give you an additional 5, and masteries give a further 2. In total, 60 gold pr. champion pr. minute. For a 40 minute game, the total would be 12000 gold.

Now that is a significant amount of gold, which ever way you look at it.

And I'm not saying this is a brilliant new way of playing. I'm saying I wonder if it would work.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Acromos View Post
    That is patently obvious. Your early game will be weaker.

However, 3 AP quints will give you 15 AP. 3 gold quints will give you 3 gold every 10 seconds, a gold item will give you an additional 5, and masteries give a further 2. In total, 60 gold pr. champion pr. minute. For a 40 minute game, the total would be 12000 gold.

Now that is a significant amount of gold, which ever way you look at it.

And I'm not saying this is a brilliant new way of playing. I'm saying I wonder if it would work.
    Assuming your team manages to make it to the 40 minute mark while maintaining enough lane presence to reasonably deny your opponents any significant advantage in gold gained by their superior stats (which is unlikely; if I saw that the enemy team had practically nothing but gold/10 I would force objective fights all of the time), that team will have mildly more gold than the opposing team, but between one and two fifths of that is more or less ignorable (since it's on a support, a support jungler, or supporty or split-pushy solo top), plus your actual carries would be much better off with items that actually let them do their jobs.

Gold per 10 is fairly useful, and it once was very strong, but trying to make a gimmick out of it doesn't really make any sense. AD carries and AP carries aren't allowed to build anything but damage or essentials. Supports and support junglers already buy gold/10, so that only leaves top lane. Champions who can win their lane without items are fine with gold per 10 but most of them would rather have actual stats.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-02-10 at 05:48 AM.