New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 82: So Many Babies!

Grounds

Copi walks around a bit... GLoG always was very pretty. She sees Sophie, and heads toward her immediately. Copi would like to introduce herself to Sophie... perhaps they could help each other.

Also, Sophie has a kitty! That's nice.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Titan in the Playground

[Grounds]

Sophie gives Copi a little wave when she sees her approach, but of course she has no idea who the other woman is. Nicholas the red-furred Siberian cat peers at the new person suspiciously as only cats can.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grounds

Copi's face might remind Sophie of someone, but saying who might be difficult...

"Hello, Sophie, how are you? Is this feline yours? In any case, I am pleased by your continued existence."

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Titan in the Playground

[Grounds]

Sophie blinks in mild confusion.
    "Yes, this cat is mine. I just got him. But you have me at a disadvantage here."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grounds

"Of course, permit me to introduce myself; I am Copi Kate, a mental copy of Kate Kyland, who you know." She offers a handshake. "I've been meeting people that Kate knows for a bit now; it's rather odd that I've taken so long to meet you."

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

[Grounds]

That explains so much, and yet so little. But Sophie shakes Copi's hand after she stands up.
    "A mental copy, you say. Well. Even after living here for a while, Nexus manages to surprise me. So you know everything Kate knows?"
    Nicholas decides to take advantage of the vacated chair and hops onto it.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grounds

"Not quite. I was copied off some time ago, and then suffered prolonged sensory deprivation. As a result many of the memories from Kate are... lost in my mind. I don't know everything she knows, especially not things that she has learned since then."

If Sophie knows about sensory deprivation, she will probably know that it drives people insane... and fast.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Titan in the Playground

[Grounds]

"...sensory deprivation. That... sounds pretty gruesome, if you don't mind me saying so." Sophie really isn't sure what to make of it all.
    Nicholas, meanwhile, makes himself comfortable on her chair.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grounds

"Not gruesome, but... suffice to say I don't want to think about it too much, a great number of things were pondered that should not be pondered."

She bends over and pets the cat, along his flanks so that it doesn't annoy him.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Troll in the Playground

Jamie's Garden

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Oddball hops up and runs away from Salix as fast as his little legs can carry him! Until he reaches Jamie, anyway, at which point he tries to jump onto her foot to get her attention and, hopefully, a ride.

Natalie also stands up. "Would you like to join us, Vasilisa?" Not everybody has forgotten the catgirl goddess third.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Rainbow quickly uses her confetti powers to bring her backpack to her!
    She then waits for the catgirl's answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    "I believe I'll stay here. I have some more people to meet," Vasi says. "Enjoy your trip."
    Jamie smiles, picking up Oddball and settling the Oddish on top of her backpack as she stands!
    "It was an honor meeting you, Miss Vasilisa," she says formally and respectfully (for once).

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Walking in the front door is a happy-go-lucky vampire. With a Keyblade.

Alysha leads her new friend Yuki here and looks around a little, seeing if she can find anybody.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Yuki is a young woman with long red hair. She is wearing a long white robes down to her ankles. She is barefoot, and there are dull red stains on the back of her robe. She follows along behind Alysha looking around at he camp.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] GLoG 82: So Many Babies!

Tree
    Bill is still asleep.
    He begins to snore quite loudly.
    It's going to take more than tickling to wake him up. After all, his skin is extremely tough, and has barely any feeling in it.
    Lucy seems to notice that the tickling is ineffective, beginning to speak before being distracted. It is not seemingly visible what caught Lucy's attention, but the nurse mouths a few words as if speaking to someone.

Seemingly deciding that the unheard person's idea is a good one, the Undead nurse tries to tip-toe to reach the Deathclaw. Failing to achieve the height, Lucy nervously climbs the lower branches. Once close, the nurse lightly pokes Bill. The undead touch feeling quite like being poked by a cube of ice.

"Bill! Wake up, sleeping in trees might harm you."
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tree
    Bill slowly awakes and blinks at Lucy a couple times before trying to hug her.
    "Lucy!" came the voice from the speaker around his neck, which was the translation device Andy had made.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

[Tree]

Lucy is caught entirely by surprise, offering no defence against Bill's hug. Smiling once the shock fades, Lucy hugs back as well as the Undead nurse is able to. Moving one's arms while caught in those of a Deathclaw is not easy.

"Hello, Bill. Slept well?"

Lucy cheerfully returns the greeting, happy that nothing had happened to Bill. The happiness slightly diminished when Lucy notices how unsafe hugging someone in a tree is.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Grounds

"Not gruesome, but... suffice to say I don't want to think about it too much, a great number of things were pondered that should not be pondered."

She bends over and pets the cat, along his flanks so that it doesn't annoy him.
    "Well... alright. I wouldn't want to talk about something like that if it had happened to me. So... how were you copied off Kate anyway?"
    Nicholas lets himself be petted and half-closes his eyes in approval.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grounds

"There was an incident with someone else and a powerful being. It was while Kate was talking to you about the redemption effort for Julie; there was no effect on her mind and as a result she didn't know I existed until I met Julie, who proceeded to tell her. That was a while afterwards, of course."

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Titan in the Playground

[Grounds]

"'Incident'. A nice word. But I won't pry," Sophie says. Sounds like another case of incredibly powerful beings playing normal people like toys. "So how different are you from Kate?"

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grounds

"I'm not entirely sure of the exact differences, but it's like you took someone, tore their mind apart, and then put it back together crudely. All the same parts are there, it's just that they're in different places and slightly mauled. This metaphor might prove to be inaccurate as we develop a better handle on the situation... Julie thinks that we're like sisters."

...that actually makes sense if you think about it too hard.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Titan in the Playground

[Grounds]

Sophie nods slowly.
    "That makes some sense. If you squint and look at it the right way. Either way, you seem to be a thoroughly distinct person."
    Nicholas raises his head from his spot on the chair? Why did the pets cease?

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grounds

"Why, thank you Sophie."

Copi, noticing the cat's objection, goes back to petting him. "What's his name? Or hers?"

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    [Tree]

Lucy is caught entirely by surprise, offering no defence against Bill's hug. Smiling once the shock fades, Lucy hugs back as well as the Undead nurse is able to. Moving one's arms while caught in those of a Deathclaw is not easy.

"Hello, Bill. Slept well?"

Lucy cheerfully returns the greeting, happy that nothing had happened to Bill. The happiness slightly diminished when Lucy notices how unsafe hugging someone in a tree is.
    Tree
    Bill nods and smiles as much as a Deathclaw can.
    "Yes!"
    He will then roll out of the tree, landing on the ground with a large thud though with no damage to Lucy.
    "I woke up this morning and you were gone so I kinda fell asleep again..."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Yuki wanders around the main cabin while Alysha is deadtimed. She wanders up and down looking at the bunk beds. Occasionally stopping and poking one to see how soft it is.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Grounds

"Why, thank you Sophie."

Copi, noticing the cat's objection, goes back to petting him. "What's his name? Or hers?"
    "His name is Nicholas. I adopted him just yesterday. He seems to be acclimatizing here rather easily," Sophie says as her cat stretches lazily.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Tree
    Bill nods and smiles as much as a Deathclaw can.
    "Yes!"
    He will then roll out of the tree, landing on the ground with a large thud though with no damage to Lucy.
    "I woke up this morning and you were gone so I kinda fell asleep again..."
    [Tree]

Lucy is indeed unharmed, but clearly startled by the leap. Making sure they cannot fall any longer, the Undead nurse replies.

"My apologies, I lost track of my place and the time. But I am glad you have gotten rest, sleep is very good for you."

Pausing, Lucy's face turns quizzical. With a slightly absent tone in the many-sided voice, the nurse continues.

"...At least it does to humans, I am not versed in Deathclaw medical matters."

Lucy gives Bill an apologising smile.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grounds

"I'm not surprised, I wouldn't think that a cat in the nexus can afford to be picky. Cats are very nice... well, in their own way. I'm certainly fond of them."

Copi will switch to ear scratching, to see if he reacts better to that. She's a bit worried that the cat will react poorly to her odd smell (she isn't human, she doesn't even have real blood) but that seems to not be an issue...

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

[Grounds]

Nicholas was nervous about Copi at first, but relaxed quickly. He seems to be a rather easy-going animal. He closes his eyes at the ear scritches. He likes this place already.
    "I used to have a cat when I was young. Died of old age long ago, of course," Sophie says. "And recently I thought 'why not?' Having a pet does brighten up one's place."

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grounds

"Indeed!"

Copi stops the scritches. Not much more to talk about here.

"It was nice to meet you, Sophie. I might acquire a room here, so I may see more of you in the future."

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

[Grounds]

"See you around, if that happens," Sophie says with a nod.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grounds

Copi waves as she walks off, going back to looking around the camp. Perhaps she will run into someone else she would like to know.