New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    If you like, or have heard of WoodenToaster's music on Youtube (brony music artist, very good), then you should listen to this piano cover of Rainbow Factory. It's very well done. *pokes Ele to listen to it*

*looks around for whetstone*

*sharpens gigantic scary-looking sword menacingly*
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Amidus Drexel's Alliterative and Awe-Accentuating Anvil of Random Banter CLXXXVI

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I've always gotten the impression that you Troglanders celebrate Christmas Day. Of course, I suppose that depends on where in Amerikat you live. In fact, I hypotesise that the further north you live, the greater the likelyhood that you celebrate Eve rather than Day, as Christmas happens just a few days after the Winter solstice, and here up north, that means the day is short, dim and most likely grey, whereas the eve is long, dark and glorious, especially when you brighten it up with lots of candles and Christmas lights.

Well, as already has been pointed out, getting a grade above 100% sounds stupid (unless you had bonus points and thus broke the maximum), if that's not 100% of passing limit, but that doesn't really sound like such an achievement unless it was a really hard test...
    Right, yeah, since I'm pretty sure that you didn't mean the second, well, that's quite well done, and certainly not something I'd managed to do that well, which means that a few great things can be said about your ability to learn.

And I'm not really a pious person, so you won't get much worship from me, but you can have a thumbs up and an acknowledging nod for work well done:
    *thumbs up*
    *acknowledging nod*

Also, I'd have something interesting to write to the rest of your post, but my mind says nope, so I guess I'll just have to settle for returning your hugs with a hug:
    *bearhugs*
    Trogland is such a melting pot, it's mainly based on the tradition of the country that had the most immigrants in one location back in the old days. So it varies, and then we forget why it was different in the first place.

Anyway, my family does it Christmas Eve, except for on the years we just do everything December 5th because my Dad's Dutch and no one was going to be in the same two countries on the actual day. (There was also the year my parents got a huge work project, and took six hours off for Christmas before returning to work...)

I'm not sure I follow you there. Also, the 'over a 100%' didn't apply just for the test, for the entire project. On the test I just scored full points.Anyway, I did a longer project subject than necessary, so my entire grade was multiplied by a thing, and that's why.

NOO! I want WORSHIPPERS!

Aww, can you tell me over IM? I like hearing your thinky things, specially if they're interesting, why 'nope?'

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oh, I forgot to say it yesterday, but I'm feeling much better now, soooo....

BOOOOOOGIES!

...and then I got cripplingly sick again
    YOU WERE SICK?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    A fan one, Circular Gallifreyan.

I can try Gimme a while...

BOOYAH! THat's awesome, thanks! I look like a diseased Pacman/fish!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #243
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    YOU WERE SICK?!?!
    Yes! And I am sick, currently.

4. - Top - End - #244

Yes! And I am sick, currently.
    Awww. <hugsandsoupythings>
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Colossus in the Playground

Awww. <hugsandsoupythings>
    Thanks Moony

Aside from being sick I'm doing great, so don't worry!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

You know how it takes a lot of financial planning to set up a company?

I'm going to try and pull a all-nighter and do it in one night. Because my deadline is tomorrow.

Wish me luck, I will keep you updated. Which defintely is a good spendage of time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

7. - Top - End - #247

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post

I'm going to try and pull a all-nighter and do it in one night. Because my deadline is tomorrow.

Wish me luck, I will keep you updated. Which defintely is a good spendage of time.
    There's a story behind this, I presume?

Luck!

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Good luck!

Tell us how it goes when you aren't busy!
    A few odds and ends.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Deadline for setting up a company? What?

Generally deadlines are when you're actually working for a company. Or it's homework.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your imagetag is broken somehow. Not sure how.

Also, assuming that the spelling in the link is how you wrote it in? The letters U, X, and Y are in the alphabet. They're centered-vowel-circle-with-line-pointing-out, bisected-consonant-circle-with-two-dots, and bisected-consonant-circle-with-two-lines, respectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #252

Good luck! What exactly is this company that you're setting up? I recall that when we met you said that you do some sort of work with cameras. Is it involving that?
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it IS a Java program.
    Hey, my Java programs are tremendously more stable than my C programs, and those weren't really bad either.

I'm not sure I follow you there. Also, the 'over a 100%' didn't apply just for the test, for the entire project. On the test I just scored full points.Anyway, I did a longer project subject than necessary, so my entire grade was multiplied by a thing, and that's why.
    Well, I kind of got a grasp on how your percent grades work, but I went off on a tangent and contemplated a hypothetical scenario where a >100% grade wouldn't be stupid, and it included the hypothetical idea that 100% would be 100% of a pass.

Also, that sort of makes sense.

NOO! I want WORSHIPPERS!
    Well, I suppose an atheist/computationist isn't really the one you should turn to in that case. Unless you actually are a computer, which changes the situation somewhat. And opens up an opportunity for utter inability to avoid some really groan-worthy innuendo.

Aww, can you tell me over IM? I like hearing your thinky things, specially if they're interesting, why 'nope?'
    Well, I thought I'd have something interesting to say, but I couldn't think of anything, hence nope. Also, I suppose I might've taken up on that offer and thought up something good, hadn't I've been eating dinner back at the time of your post, and then gone straight to playing Civ for 3 hours or so.

Now it's bedtime for me, so I suppose it'll have to be another time. After all, I lead a busy life, and I've got errands I need to run if I'm going to finish all my projects until Christmas. I almost feel like Pettson, building my own Mechanical Santa... Best. Children's. Book. Ever.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Deadline for setting up a company? What?

Generally deadlines are when you're actually working for a company. Or it's homework.
    I'm setting up a mini-venture for my business class in college.
    My two teammates had three weeks to do it but didn't understand it so didn't do it. In the first week our group leader said she'd go ask another group leader, ut apparently that didn't work out. After that I was sick for two weeks, so uh yeah.

I've found all the required files, caught back up with missing a couple of weeks worth of SMBC comics, I've started on a market trajectory and have compiled basic costs. And I have done a part of updating my portfolio.

Dragonprime: Actually, yes, it is. We're setting up a fotostudio with the purpose of giving beginning/starting professional models a good portfolio. This includes one or two fotoshoots, a making of video and putting that on a dvd(with dvd menu, ofcourse) with a focus being put towards guiding the models and letting them show who they are/what they can as a model for future employers. We also supply the visuals(clothing, make-up).

If that makes any sense.
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2012-12-02 at 06:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

15. - Top - End - #255

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Well, I suppose an atheist/computationist isn't really the one you should turn to in that case. Unless you actually are a computer, which changes the situation somewhat. And opens up an opportunity for utter inability to avoid some really groan-worthy innuendo.

Well, I thought I'd have something interesting to say, but I couldn't think of anything, hence nope. Also, I suppose I might've taken up on that offer and thought up something good, hadn't I've been eating dinner back at the time of your post, and then gone straight to playing Civ for 3 hours or so.

Now it's bedtime for me, so I suppose it'll have to be another time. After all, I lead a busy life, and I've got errands I need to run if I'm going to finish all my projects until Christmas. I almost feel like Pettson, building my own Mechanical Santa... Best. Children's. Book. Ever.
    I wouldn't mind being innuendo'd about if it involved Teddy-boy.

Think something now! I like hearing what other people have to say about things if I deem them to be capable thinky-talkers!
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256

My complete and utter jerkwad of a roommate left me a nasty letter basically telling me to move out. I'm wondering if I can use the letter to have him charged with harassment. Would that get me moved out faster? I really don't want to spend another two weeks sleeping in the same room as this guy.

Love wins. S'agapo.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    My complete and utter jerkwad of a roommate left me a nasty letter basically telling me to move out. I'm wondering if I can use the letter to have him charged with harassment. Would that get me moved out faster? I really don't want to spend another two weeks sleeping in the same room as this guy.
    That sounds like material I would use to make the roommate move out instead of moving myself, but maybe that's just my vindictive streak talking.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I would say that sucks, but you seem to be quite happy with the idea of being rid of this guy. I hope you can get another place easily. Do you know why he wants you gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    That sounds like material I would use to make the roommate move out instead of moving myself, but maybe that's just my vindictive streak talking.
    Sounds like something I'd do.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-12-02 at 11:10 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

19. - Top - End - #259

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    If I could do that, that would be ideal. But I don't know if it would be worth the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Well, I would say that sucks, but you seem to be quite happy with the idea of being rid of this guy. I hope you can get another place easily. Do you know why he wants you gone?
    Not sure. I try not to antagonize him, just avoid him as much possible. He knows I don't like him, so I imagine he's annoyed by my presence as well.
    Last edited by Blue Ghost; 2012-12-02 at 11:12 PM.

Love wins. S'agapo.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

If I could do that, that would be ideal. But I don't know if it would be worth the trouble.

Not sure. I try not to antagonize him, just avoid him as much possible. He knows I don't like him, so I imagine he's annoyed by my presence as well.
    Well, it can be hard to like a guy who doesn't like you. And then they dislike you because you dislike them. AND THEN ENDLESS CYCLE OF ANGER.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Well, it can be hard to like a guy who doesn't like you. And then they dislike you because you dislike them. AND THEN ENDLESS CYCLE OF ANGER.
    Hey, anger is a good thing.

A little spite does go a long way, though.
    A few odds and ends.

22. - Top - End - #262

I've always had a problem with anger and vindictiveness. Not easy for me to forgive. Maybe this is a chance for me to improve on that... But I need to get out of here first.

Love wins. S'agapo.

23. - Top - End - #263

>_>

<_<

I know a guy...who knows a guy...
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Damn that looks complicated. I won't be setting up a rival company to undercut your business then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    If you like, or have heard of WoodenToaster's music on Youtube (brony music artist, very good), then you should listen to this piano cover of Rainbow Factory. It's very well done. *pokes Ele to listen to it*
    I've already listened to it. It wasn't that great.

*looks around for whetstone*

*sharpens gigantic scary-looking sword menacingly*
    How best to respond to this...
    You know... I really can't be bothered to search through fifty-one pages of pictures to find the most adorable and/or awesome and/or creepy.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #265

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    You also know a guy who knows how to effectively blow up things or apply electrical currents to living beings for fun and profit who could teach another guy how to use this tools to make a Rude Goldberg contraption which catapults and electrifies a person simultaneously.
    Yes. Yes I do.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    >_>

<_<

I know a guy...who knows a guy...
    ... You are evil. You must burn. BURN I SAY. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN .

Seriously, WHY BRAOU. WHY. I DIDNT EVEN RECOGNIZE YOU AS HUMAN FOR A MOMENT.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-12-03 at 12:07 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

NOO! I want WORSHIPPERS!
    Then move to Egypt, travel back in time, and say your name is Bast.resultsmayvary
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2012-12-03 at 12:08 AM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

That's ponyist Sheepie! Bad Sheepie! *brings out the shears*

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

29. - Top - End - #269

... You are evil. You must burn. BURN I SAY. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN .

Seriously, WHY BRAOU. WHY. I DIDNT EVEN RECOGNIZE YOU AS HUMAN FOR A MOMENT.
    But I'm not human. I'm a pony.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Really... You people shouldn't get so worked up over a television show.

I mean... We have the Count to Fifty Thread for a reason.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-12-03 at 12:17 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!