New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Total War: Broken City, Book 3

This is the third in-character thread for Total War: Broken City. The first thread may be found here and the second here.

The body of the sorceress is long gone, now, taken far from this place. Things have been reorganized since then--the papers cleared away, the chairs and table replaced, a new pane of glass found for the wall and the floor vigorously scrubbed where blood had stained it--but this is still the same place and the same city, in the midst of the same war that started the moment Desoui died from the assassin's dart. The room is not used much, not now. The new king who has claimed this palace is out and about his city more often than he is at home, trying to bring what he has declared his actually into his grasp. The high room where the sorceress died does not feel abandoned, however. There is no dust, no scurrying insects, no cobwebs or clutter. The stillness in the air that is of a creature waiting. It won't be long, now, before those below are done tearing the city apart and someone new will live in this place--not using it as a rallying point, not just placing their flags on the gate, but rising above the broken city below, living in and becoming the symbol that is Daisong Palace, beating heart of Sav Altulas.

Not long, now.

Welcome to Sav Altulas, once the capitol city of great and fabled Talidor, one of the three kingdoms that made up the Shattered Lands before the Zancharian Empire came and went, more than a thousand years ago. The city has gone through some rough stages since then, lying in ruin for a time before being found and rebuilt into the pit of refugees and decadent, bandit-bred nobility that it is today. It was, until almost two years ago, ruled by Burgravet Desoui, a sorceress that everyone thought was immortal. They were, almost two years ago, proven wrong. Desoui is dead, murdered by gods alone know who, and the power-hungry people of this ancient city are showing their true colors once again. For the first time in a hundred years, the natural-born conspirators of Sav Altulas are not held in check by the fear of magical wrath, and when the dust settles only one will rise above the nest of vipers to claim the now-empty throne.

A new page turns in the story of the old city. Wake up, my friends; there is, as always, much to do.

Turn 21 Results
    February, 1034 DR

The Sav Altulas Standard
    All Glory to Neposh

Sponsored by the Bookbinder's Guild

Clerics of the Church of Neposh, working in conjunction with the Fist of Neposh and EBSA Greycloaks and magistrates, have brought a new era of peace and order to Oldtown. All glory to Neposh!

The Guild's Watch, EBSA Greycloaks, the Fist of Neposh and a large mage contingent sponsored by the Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers has calmed the situation in the Triphage Untima. Citizens may now safely walk the streets once again.

Urso Bloodhand has taken advantage of the presence of a large number of mercenaries and fortune-seekers in the Triphage to recruit for his new mercenary company.

Rumors that the sorceress Desoui collected all of the elven treasure that many in the Triphage have been looking for brings many of them to Oldtown, plotting heists on Daisong Palace. Several attempted raids on the Palace are stopped by EBSA Greycloaks.

The Order of the Wren has seized undefended and empty Mercantile's Guild property across the Stacks district.

The Mercantile's Guild has moved operations to Lomb Circle, under the auspices of the House Laurier mercantile empire.

General Rhodarmer, formerly of Gregoria, has launched a campaign to convince his former soldiers (now working mostly for King James) to rejoin him and take back their kingdom. Desertion among the Champions of Sovereignty is reported to be at an all-time high, especially among the Gregorian levies.

The Gatekeeper's Guard has reclaimed Gateway Milanus for the Warden Order.

Mercenaries hired by the Wardens take Traitor's Bridge unopposed this month.

Deliveries from Verdan tinker companies are a frequent sight in both Gaspar Aeroyard and across Traitor's Bridge this month.

The Wrekan Family of Heartsblood has suffered a series of unfortunate accidents of a sinister nature. EBSA officials vow to investigate.

Rumor has it that the investigation spearheaded by the Order of the Wren into the Redeye killings two months ago has borne fruit.

The Technists Guild is working on some sort of massive construct in Gaspar's Folly, along with a fleet of bulky airships.

Rumors speak of divisiveness in the Wardens' Council of Generals, with the threat of a civil war in the Order looming on the horizon.

They say the orcs of Tregon have cornered the Traitor Legion in a fort formerly occupied by Mercantile's Guild guards.

Rumors that they were responsible for the sudden influx of foregin mercenaries, treasure hunters and other troublemakers in the Triphage Untima begin to turn people against the Champions, Wren, Wardens and orcs of Tregon.

A massive combined force from the Wardens and Champions of Sovereignty marches on Gilded this month, taking the entire district unopposed. The Commerce Hall and several surrounding buildings are consumed by an inferno, with rumors contradicting each other as to whether they were burned by the invading troops or a Guild booby-trap.

Fearing for their lives after being declared political traitors of the King, almost every Bloodhaven-certified doctor in the city has packed up and left. The Bloodhaven Clinics are now in the hands of the Church of Neposh.

Rumors of the Ram Revolution recruiting for its militia are unconfirmed at this time.

The Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers continues to feed a large portion of the city through magic.

An opera attended by Lord Founder and many other Society gentlemen quickly turns into the social event of the year.

King James has proposed to Amelia Matoff. Lord Matoff has accepted the proposal on behalf of his daughter.

The Heartspear Police have been more active in the city of late.

Updates and Notes

University Control Numbers (ESGE, Bloodhaven, EBSA, Church of Neposh, Sausage Guild, Champions of Sovereignty)
    Spoiler
    Show

Turn 21 Numbers

BH: 29 (+6 given by House Wallen) 35
    CS: 2
    EBSA: 8
    ESGE: 103
    SG: 4
    CN: 6
    TOTAL: 158

Daimot University now has 20 MAG

New degrees of control are: 65% ESGE, 22% Bloodhaven, 5% EBSA, 4% Church of Neposh, 3% Sausage Guild and 1% Champions of Sovereignty.

Which gives: 13 MAG to ESGE, 4.5 MAG to Bloodhaven, 1 MAG to EBSA, 1 MAG to Church of Neoposh, 0.5 MAG to Sausage Guild and none to Champions.

Districts Controlled

This turn the following districts were brought fully under the control of an entire faction:
    Spicer's Circle: Wardens
    Runner's City: Order of the Wren
    Oldtown: Church of Neposh
    Heavensgate: Silversmith's Guild

Bounty Board
    All prices listed are in t.WEL unless otherwise stated, and will be paid out immediately upon confirmation by the bounty poster.

Elias DuKree: Red hair, close cut. Reddish-brown eyes. Scar on left cheek. Possibly a scar on right leg, depending on how the wound healed--might have a limp. Wanted dead. 4 from Lord Protector.

Unknown Raiders: Whoever stole the Imperial weapons meant for the Wardens from the caravan delivering them to the city.
    2 from Imperial Trade Ministry

Unknown Murderer: Whoever killed the people found dead at the opening of the Wallen Wing at Bloodhaven Hospital.
    4 from Doctor Vassari

Any copy of The Truth of Sav Altulas can be submitted to the Bookbinder's Guild for burning in exchange for a copper piece.

Truth of Sav Altulas Press: 5 from Bookbinder's Guild. Also, we will give you a book deal. Doesn't matter what you're writing about.

Turn 22 Begins
    March, 1034 DR
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Broken City, Book 3

Ram Revolution

To: Zemalac (GM PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Is the press I'm using to create the Truth the only press I have?
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2013-04-15 at 12:36 AM.

Go Tigers!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Wardens

''That's your full deployment? I admit, I expected something... larger. No wonder you need to use mercenaries to get things done lately. I guess the rumors are true. Warden commanders these days are more interested in making coin, then in fighting wars.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Silversmith's Guild

To ESGE
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings.
    The scum that once inhabited Heavensgate, when they fled the city, left behind a temple to their evil work -- Heladuit mansion. Infested with devilish mechanisms, it sticks out like a festering wound in the city. Though the devils themselves have left the city, a part of their hell still remains. Would you aid me in removing it, in finishing the purification of Heavensgate?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order of the Wren

To Vassari [7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you know, my investigation has borne fruit, and all has been made clear.

Please, meet with me. I feel this is a discussion worth having.

The Wren.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Wren [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''As far as I have heard the murderer is still at large, and his or her identity unknown, but perhaps you have information, that I lack. What would you like to discuss?''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Order of the Wren [7]

To Vassari [6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed. As I say, meet with me. Your safety would be guaranteed, and I will share what I have with you there.

8. - Top - End - #8

NinjaGuy

To Orks of Tregon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey there; I think we need to strike a deal, don't we? Come by the Guildhouse and we'll speak.

TOTAL WAR WIKI: Come out and play
    http://totalwar-mechanicsrepository.wikispaces.com/

9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

Technists to Orcs [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    Brigwa Stonecutter comes to the guildhouse alone, dressed in her work clothes: linen shirt and trousers, some simple pieces of mail, a small bearded axe balanced for throwing and a stonemason's tools, complemented with a small sledge hung over her shoulder.
    "Well, then. Deals. If you still want it, I can offer you several outlying Gregorian villages for your base of operation. Georgetown proper and the open countryside would still belong to us, but you'd be under our protection.

I can tell you that the Wren intends to mostly clear the city of everyone who is not fully joining the Champions or the Wardens. King James listens to every word the Wren says. Sooner or later, everyone in that city will be a target for them. The Guilds, Bloodhaven, the Silversmiths, Neposh... they have contingency plans for all those. If you grow too big, you might be next, so a stable outpost outside the city might be worth much. There's your profit.

We can pay you up to 5 t.wealth every turn from our own coffers. The rest we would invest in restoring the economy of Gregoria, as soon as we see some proper growth, we should be able to pay more. We will also take loans from our allies, and as soon as the last remnants of the Traitor Legion are dealt with, we will have mercenary contracts again, which should bring in more money.

For now, we need help with infrastructure. The airship line we discussed comes first, but after that, whatever you can think of for production and transportation. Our economy has Sav Altulas to compete with, and we intend to be competitive. A secondary project, as soon as we are stable, is fortification. The Wardens have architectural experts for everything classical. Walls and siege engines. We look to you for more creative and modern solutions.

What else is there to discuss?
    Resident Vancian Apologist

10. - Top - End - #10

The Church of Neposh

To the Order of the Wren
    Spoiler
    Show

The church would like to appoligize for the lack of aid in the Red-eye hunt, although you seem to have made a great leap. There were some clerical errors that misplaced our agents.
    (OOC: I forgot to write that line in the EOT to give you my 4 ESP.)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Wren [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Very well. Let us talk.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Order of the Wren [7]

To the Church of Neposh[7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do not fret, the work has been done.

Vassari [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Wren receives Vassari in the small mud-bricked abode in which they had last met. The doctor finds the Wren in his study. A table, normally bestrewn with requisition orders, accounting, and other papers, now holds only a neat stack of notes, and beside it, two wine glasses.

The Wren sits behind the desk, and makes a quick gesture. "Good afternoon, Morden. Thank you for coming. Please, sit."

He pushes the papers across the desk towards Vassari. "This.. is a summary of the findings of my investigation. He allowed himself a small smile. "It seems I managed without your keen insight."

"As I suspected, the attack was political. SGA agents. Specifically, agents with ties to the Silversmith and Mercantile Guilds, using poison procured from Bloodhaven hospitals. And Bloodhaven covered it all up.
    "

"I admit, I lack the vaunted mind of the cities greatest doctor. But I know the smell of truth when it comes before me. The question I wish to discuss with you, is what do I with this information?"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

Wardens
    I must agree with Vasiri here. That was rather small for the full might of the Warden Order. In fact, that is even smaller than the deployment that opposed my mercs in Spicers Circle. Unless you were referring to King James own personal forces last month, but I would hardly consider them members of the Warden Order.

Laurier[PM?]
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Is this a PM? Not sure since we're not using a VIP, but we essentially share the same territory and everything.]

I am in your debt Lord Laurier and I shall strive to repay it. For now, please make full use of my Contacts and Merchant Cutters for your ventures.

I also have a proposal for you, if you're willing to hear it: As you already know, this city is getting more dangerous every month and the snakes that inhabit it are growing more and more bold. Wouldn't it be prudent to construct some defenses around Lomb Circle to discourage any trouble? I'm certain my contacts could help alleviate the effects this might have on trade.

14. - Top - End - #14

NinjaGuy

Technists to Orcs (And Zemalac)[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You may not know it, but we are not the most... Politically inclined of the City groups. So thanks for the tip.

Honestly; we were figuring it was like that, which is why we're looking for a way out.

The 5. Wealth will be enough to start an airfield, but it will take some time before it's completed. We have a small project that will speed things up a lot if it works, but I won't make any promises until I have results.

We will have to look into Tregon to build a small airfield (Much smaller than Gaspar's. Mostly some landing platforms for the ships).

As for the Gregorian economy... Do you have any coal deposits? Iron deposits? The future of economy is in steel and steam. Give me plenty of both, and I will make gold rain from the sky.

Regarding fortifications; we have not had the chance to fully develop some designs. We'll see what comes up there, but I'm optimistic. We can at least offer some basic artillery pieces, and that's without further research.

I assume my territory will be fortified as well; and if it's not in your plans I will pay for it.

By the way; I have something to show you."

Matt rose from his chair, and went to the window. Brigma went with him.

They had a view of the airfield across. Several large ships were being constructed as they spoke.

"See those? They are the beggining of the "Gregorian Shipping Company".

We will use them to move stuff to the new territories in Gregoria, and afterwards to establish a supply line between Tregon and main Gregoria.

High capacity, relatively fast, and can be well equipped for combat."

ZEMALAC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know the price of building something like Gaspar's Airfield. Big, complex, enough to build ships. But how expensive would it be to build something smaller? Just landing platforms and a few repair shops for servicing ships, but without shipbuilding capacity.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Colossus in the Playground

Orcs to the Technists [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    Stonecutter nodded.
    "Good. It's sensible to try and get out of Sav Altulas. We're doing the same. Tregon is prepared for siege, it will happen sooner or later, no matter who wins the fight for the city.

We have no steel or coal that we know of, but if you have prospectors, feel free to send some along with our patrols. What we have is stone, wood and meat. We can make charcoal from the wood, at least. Would that help?

And we have one other thing. Workers. We have as many orcish workers as you could possibly want. They will work in conditions human wouldn't even survive and thrive. We also have the human craftsmen of Gregoria. For now, they are poor and lack resources, but we are funding them, giving them credit. Something will come from that."
    Last edited by Eldan; 2013-04-16 at 10:28 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

16. - Top - End - #16

NinjaGuy

Technists to Orks [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hmm, charcoal? Certainly. Tregon is well prepared, from what I heard. If we can build a small airfield ready, then food wouldn't even be an issue, since you could supply it by air.

Other materials; like steels... We will find a way."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To the Technists guild:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Might I inquire as to what projects you are working on? It is my hope to end this conflict in short-order, and return to the rebuilding of our fine city. I am not very familiar with the pursuit of technology myself, but it is my hope that organisations such as yours might push this city to new heights on innovation and understanding."

18. - Top - End - #18

NinjaGuy

The Technists Guild

To the Champions of Sovereignity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Majesty, Sir... We are working on a new generation of airships, currently. That and giving the old shop`s a bit of a dusting, to get them to work better.

19. - Top - End - #19

The Church of Neposh

To the ESGE (DESP 9)
    Spoiler
    Show

The church currently has a lot of influence in Blacksage. While we may control the area, we have no interest outside of the university. If you are looking to move into the areas currently under the Churches influence, we are willing to trade you them for more influence in the university; Lets say bringing the Church to 29% control?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Wardens

Oh, and you would know? You didn't have anyone willing to oppose us. Every single one of your cowardly men fled, deserting the battleground that you had shed blood to take. The only reason for your attack was to cause more destruction and death. You know there is no hope of victory, and still refuse to cease ruining what you can.

As I said before the attack. I gave you a chance to meet on the field and be a respectable foe. You didn't. You've proven only that you can never stand in the light, can never fight in the open. You can only hide, lie and cheat, backstab people in the darkness.

Keep hiding, keep running. It's your destiny.

Wardens to Laurier
    Spoiler
    Show

We are all right with the current situation concerning the Mercantile Guild, but would like to ask you to ensure that they do not try to attack us again, or utilize their significant espionage network against us.

Have a fine day.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Mercantile's Guild

Why should we let our people get slaughtered by lying demons possesing the largest army within Sav Altulas, rivaled only by the largest of Warlords--Who I dare say are more honorable than you bastards--in the Shattered Lands? That would be suicide. I understand an uneducated highwayman like yourself may not ne aware of this, but there is a difference between a "soldier" like you and a merchant like myself. It would be impossible for us to oppose your massive army directly.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

To the Warlords of the Shattered Lands
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Crimson Company is a new mercenary company and we are yet unproven. And I personally have not participated in enough surface battles for my name to be known to you. But nevertheless we are a formidable company of warriors indeed. To establish our name I offer a proposal. Hire us to bring the balance in your favor in whatever endeavors you are planning. All we ask is half of whatever it is that you gain with our help, and enough gold to cover our losses.

- Urso Bloodhand, Commander of the Crimson Company

To the Commander of the Traitor Legion
    Spoiler
    Show
    I understand that you are currently being attacked by the Orcs of Tregon. No doubt your men can handle a horde of bloodthirsty monsters, but perhaps you want to give them a bit of time off and would like to hire my company. I have a proposal for you if you do.

- Urso Bloodhand, Commander of the Crimson Company

23. - Top - End - #23

ESGE

Church of Neposh, Champions of Sovereignty
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Church of Neposh has proposed that they will cede control of the remaining territories in Blacksgage to me if I increase their control over the University. The Champions have offered me Sky if I give them my territories in Blacksgage.

Here is what I propose: I will remove Bloodhaven's influence from the university and give it to the Church of Neposh, and in exchange they will give me the remaining territories in Blacksgage.

I will give the Champions these territories in exchange for the remainder of Sky.

In this way, Each faction receives the desired number of territories resources, and the Esoteric Society gets control over our home district.

Is this acceptable to all parties?
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Champions of Sovereignty:

To the ESGE, Church of Neposh
    Spoiler
    Show
    Negotiations are underway with Bloodhaven now. I do not want to commit to any more aggressive actions unless those negotiations fail.

To the Technists Guild:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm... I don't believe I've ever flown in an airship. Would it be possible for me to see what they're like?
    Last edited by razovor; 2013-04-17 at 06:14 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

ESGE

Champions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is Bloodhaven no longer considered a threat to the kingdom? In light of this, I am willing to grant you the three neighborhoods we are administrating in Blacksgage in exchange for control of the three neighborhoods under your control in Sky.

We will, however, be retaining our ownership of the University, as well as the Opera House, the Art Gallery, unless you want to purchase the latter.

Church of Neposh
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am afraid I am not inclined to follow through on this deal. As our mages still represent the majority of the student body, it would be folly to upset that balance in the administrative board.

Silversmiths
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would be more then happy to aid in removing the last taint of that stain on our fair city.

Redeye Investigation [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    StigBalathad invited the others involved in the Redeye investigation into the warded room at the university, which he had gotten into the habit of using for meetings of this sort due to it's magical protection.
    "Please keep the contents of this discussion contained to this room. Gentlemen, with the investigation resolved, it comes a time to act on the results. It appears the Silversmiths and the Mercantile Guild have conspire with Kylar DePoche to murder the citizens of this city." He paused dramatically.

"I have the opportunity to strike at the Silversmiths in their territory this month. We could first bring them up on trial for their crimes, but then we lose the element of surprise. Now, as you may know, I do not represent a military powerhouse, but I can strike at their morale with our highly-trained mages then annex their territory peacefully, removing their power base. I propose this as an alternative to military conflict. I would like confirmation from the others involved in this investigation that this is the right move to make. It is not strictly within the bounds of the law, but it is necessary in order to remove this threat to the city with a minimum of bloodshed. If any have an objection, speak it now."
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2013-04-17 at 07:41 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

26. - Top - End - #26

NinjaGuy

To the champions of Sovereignity
    Spoiler
    Show
    A small airship arrives to the King's location. Matt rosen is on board, and invites James on.

"I hope you are in for some ride; this is just the beggining!!"

He points to a point in the sky. A point that becomes larger by the minute.

""I hope you didn't think we were going to have a ride in this boat. I'll show you a real ship. That is our Dreadnought; which I'll show you in a short time.

We'll have time to talk, meanwhile."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunely; I seem to already have used Rosen's action for a PM this turn.

I'll have to look for a new VIP (This is the second consecutive time this happens). But for now, we'll have to keep talking normally. I'll give you a PM next turn, if you want.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Wren [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I notice you conclude investigation, without finding the murderer, who actually used the Redeye's poisons. But he did kill mostly vagrants and people, who don't matter in the larger scope of things.''

''As for this information, it's hardly damaging to me, beyond a thin veneer of suspicion it may evoke in some people. Maybe Bloodhaven covered it up, maybe I mistakenly jumped to conclusion. It's rather difficult to tell. If you wish to publish it, I have no objections.''

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Vassari [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I think you underestimate the backlash. I think you overestimate the peoples ability to turn the other cheek where fear on the scale of Redeye is concerned. It would be your end. "

"However, despite your actions against me, and despite this war, I have no wish to see your end. Not yet, at least."

"It is time to end the conflict. There is no sense in continuing it further, and we weaken the city at the gain of only our enemies. "

"I have been authorised by the King to conduct negotiations, and the Wardens too have signalled their assent to this arrangement. My position is thus: Bloodhaven's leaders must recant any attacks they have made on the Kings character, and swear a public oath of loyalty to the Throne."

"The territory of Southside Black will be turned over to the Champions of Sovereignty. "

"Bloodhaven doctors will be returned to the city, where possible, and the clinics reopened. "

"In exchange, we will not release details of your involvement in covering up vile mass murder.

"The Silversmiths have already taken a deal to leave the fight themselves. "
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2013-04-18 at 04:29 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Wren [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''A threat lacking sting, as I've said. Flimsy to nonexistent evidence of something that few would think a crime. Vile mass murders? What of the dead in Gilded and Stacks? Ask the men on the streets and they'll call it, but another warlord's spat. Such are the ways of Shattered Lands. Of course I realize the existence of the unspoken threat of sword and fire, which to my mind is far more substantial.''

''You can be loyal to the Throne, to the bloodline. I can't. I need a leader I can follow. Every kingdom that has ever fell, was by very definition led by a King. This bloody conflict, the Orks, foreign looters, famine and abandonment of Gregoria. Royal blood is no guarantee of safety and prosperity. It must be strong, to be able to forge the foundations upon which the bloodline may grow. The roots are weak Wren. Too weak to support its weight. And the wardens of the cradle are unprincipled bastards, your persona excluded.''

''I had three requirements for the city's ruler - to be strong, to protect the city and to be of Talidor. Now I just want an honest man in charge. We are a city of liars, so let at least our leader to be an honest man. Alas, there are less honest men in the city, then there are fingers on my hand and I suspect that they keep their virtue by staying away from the thrones and crowns.''

''And even if I were to swear false Oaths. Maybe you'll keep your word, but I doubt Wardens will. I have been a thorn in their side for far too long and to let me live is not something their paranoid mindset will allow. For all their pretense of honor, they've helped starve the city and led mercenaries to loot Triphage Untima. There's no mercy in them. Why let me live, when they killed Sausage Guild? Why allow for possibility of me plotting against the Throne, when it would be easier to just quietly remove me, once I drop my guard?''

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Vassari[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Warlords do not kill like Redeye. Redeye is feared across a continent, just for the brutal method of his murder."

"James is an honest man. Truly. When he has lied it has mostly been by omission, and at my own insistence. His instincts are not to lie. Not necessarily the best instinct for politics."

"The wording of the oath is open to change. At the very least, you must recognise the legitimacy of the King, and swear never to betray him, or work against him."

"As for the Wardens, if they make an attack on you after this peace, and you have kept to the terms of the agreement, you have my word, I will stand with you. The Wardens would be in breach of the Kings Peace, and I would petition the King to join me. The ESGE, in their current state, would likely also support you, after the stain of traitor is removed from your name. No doubt the Silversmiths also would lend their aid to their old ally"

"You think the Wardens can stand against such an array? They can only act openly. Their military is their only strength, and you yourself spoke of the underwhelming nature of it's size. Their spies are a joke. I had more men remaining after your attack, than they do now."

"Tell me, what is the alternative? You fight until you die? Or you destroy the Wardens, the King, and me all in one great blow? Either way, the city is lesser for it. I want to build the Talidor that we spoke of once. I think any country we build without Bloodhaven, will be lesser for it."
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2013-04-18 at 05:25 PM.