New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXIII: Luna's Sordid Dreams? I'm Not Googling That...

Part ye the Second:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, was spot on that one!

Woo! Luna haz star-lazars!

Actually, this is pretty much not far off how a lot of the fanon has it (albiet rather more abbreiviated, but part of that could be the magic itself showing only the most important points.)

I'm guessing someone now is going to take screen shots and ascertain which element Celestia and Luna were carrying...

Friendship lesson was fairly mediocre, but that crisis resolved fast anyway.

Spike: "he may be reformed, but he's not that reformed!" Preachin' to the choir, buddy, preachin' to the choir...

Also big note, though: as canon butt-monkey as Digo says he may be - but I note this time he was with them all the way, element or not, and no-one said anything about it, and he was included in all the friendship parts. (And also, given how scared he probably was - given all the panicking feinting he was doing earlier (just like somepony else he's close to with a flair for histronics...) I think that speaks volumes to his character.) So yeah. Thank you, season four, for putting Spike where he belongs, front and centre with the rest (even if he is arguebly the badass normal by comparison.)

Give up Elements of Harmony (without having to discuss or outright state - thank you for show not tell!) Oh dear. That's not going to bode well.

Six locks. Pretty clear where this is going. But ooh! Story arc!

Aaand Discord.

Yeah, sure, he's totally reformed.

I'd say it was his plan all along - but it kinda was, wasn't it...?

Sure would be a bad time for Sombra to come back from the dead, wouldn't it...?

Right - back through thread!

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXIII: Luna's Sordid Dreams? I'm Not Googling That...

Spoiler: S4
    Show
    The Good:
    Luna/Celestia fight
    Discord
    Overall action quotient

The Bad:
    Some of the dialogue seemed stilted.
    Twilicorn
    The overall script is meh. I didn't really feel why the others all suddenly wanted to send Twi away, for example.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler: John Hurt Doctor Pony
    Show
    Well, I can check that off my internet bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Oh yeah, also
    Spoiler: kind of season 4
    Show

Another DBZ beam battle. Seems to happen between authority figures.
    S4 Definitely
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, it was pretty cool. Finally get to see Celestia win a fight. Too bad it was that one. At least there was some nice castle collateral with it, and we saw the device that held the elements in action. Apparently Celestia abandoned the castle shortly after banishing her sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Part ye the Second:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also big note, though: as canon butt-monkey as Digo says he may be - but I note this time he was with them all the way, element or not, and no-one said anything about it, and he was included in all the friendship parts. (And also, given how scared he probably was - given all the panicking feinting he was doing earlier (just like somepony else he's close to with a flair for histronics...) I think that speaks volumes to his character.) So yeah. Thank you, season four, for putting Spike where he belongs, front and centre with the rest (even if he is arguebly the badass normal by comparison.)
    S4 Spike
    Spoiler
    Show
    That reminds me a bit of Sokka from Avatar the Last Airbender in his earlier episodes. Maybe Spike will get some more respect this season? The upcoming comic-bookish episode might be another one for him to shine. He seems to be the savvy one for that.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #694
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    S4 Spike
    Spoiler
    Show
    That reminds me a bit of Sokka from Avatar the Last Airbender in his earlier episodes. Maybe Spike will get some more respect this season? The upcoming comic-bookish episode might be another one for him to shine. He seems to be the savvy one for that.
    Well since he's more/less the resident boy some savvy there would make a bit of sense.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah, also
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    It would be kinda nice to see Celestia (and Luna) use something other/more than giant laser blasts in battle. Something a little more creative and varied like the Twi vs Trixie battle, only less silly.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: Season 4 stuff
    Show
    Alicorn Magic is what was previously called Dark Magic. Neat. Really, that makes Sombra a lot more interesting, giving that he was using the stuff all the time. A pity they didn't take five minutes or so in the flashback's to conform that little bit.

Nightmare Moon was rather toothy, and had a really nicely animated tranformation. Headcanon: Luna/Nightmare Moon obtained that throatier Kathleen Barr voice over a few centuries of screaming and yelling, hence why she didn't sound any different during the fight itself.

So, in the previous age, the Elements were CGI. Good eye, Twilight, they were different!

Apparently, much like how the Season 3 opener was Spike's time of glory, the Season 4 opener is Applejacks.

Also, Discord was really well used, especially given that he was technically the villain of the whole episode but really wasn't. I laughed at him throwing seeds at Celestia, mostly because I thought they were, like, chocolate covered coffee beans or something.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2013-11-23 at 07:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

7. - Top - End - #697
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Spoiler: season 4 eps 1 and 2 thoughts
    Show
    Overall it was an enjoyable episode. Very nice animation and visual effects. A lot of sight gags that were really good. Applejack said 'what in tarnation' which is something I always look forward to. Discord was in top form.

There were definitely problems. I'd rate it the weakest of the season openers. Some of the scenes could really have used some shuffling around. We should have seen a few of the ponyville being overtaken by the brambles scenes prior to Twilight being informed of it.

If you're going to have the send Twilight away scene at all (I think it could have been handled better), then it should have come earlier. Have the first flashback scene, then send everyone off to the old castle to see what's what. Send Twilight back, have the scene with Discord. Then have a scene where there's actually not much for Twilight to do because hey, ponyville is apparently pretty good at handling itself while she gets to the root of the problem like usual so she goes to Zecora and has the next flashback scenes, which gives her enough info to warrant setting out after the others.

We could do with fewer damsel in distress scenes. Fighting off the brambles and tying them up was a pretty cool scene, but it didn't require it.

I'm intrigued by the thought of actual story arcs within the season as seems to be implied by the lockbox. There was an awful lot of exposition in this episode, almost so much that it felt like the characters didn't have much of a chance to interact with each other in a more natural way.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

This pick has zero spoilers in it but sums up rather aptly my view on them:

Spoiler
    Show

That's my view from the outside looking in of course.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah, also
    Show

Spoiler: How to define authority
    Show
    You see, long ago, before the first alicorn, the ancient unicorns developed telekinesis. However, discontent with throwing mud at each other (because it was too similar to how the loathsome earth ponies would fight), the unicorns endeavored to create a more noble, refined form of dueling magic.

After a few failures with ponies turned into 20 foot tall rabbit hyenas, and the odd reverse gravity spell that required a team of 20 pegasi to recover the lost combatant, the unicorns finally came up with the most elegant form of combat: the beam war. The beam, you see, is actually the concentrated hopes and dreams of the casting unicorn, modified by what the caster had for breakfast that morning (as an aside, Celestia had only had a single banana the day she fought Chrysalis, which is why she was unusually weak during that beam war, and also why her beam was especially yellow).

Thus, the beam war, far from just another earth pony contest of strength, pitted the mental fortitude and will to win of the using unicorns directly against one another.

Later, when the first alicorns were created, it was found that the inherent physical strength, speed, and control contained in the pegasus form could be used to refine the power of the unicorn horn, allowing for never before seen dark beams, multi-beams, and the especially rare curly-Q beam. This made alicorns the unmatched champions of the beam wars. The duels that established Celestia's dominance over the famed unicorn duelist Smile Daisy Sunshine, are the stuff of legend, and young unicorns still study the finer points of the combat in their dueling classes to this day.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Spoiler: S4 E1
    Show
    Is it just me, or did the magic Twilight use to blast the potion look disturbingly like Sombra's dark magic?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I thought that immediately, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Spoiler: Coherent Thoughts on Two-Parter
    Show

Pretty good all-around, with things only getting stupid near the end (You could give me a week and I wouldn't be able to finish explaining why sending Twilight back was a bad idea.)
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord
    Spoiler
    Show
    *I give it a day or two before the dirty jokes about Pinkie dreaming about frosting start coming in.
    If they haven't by the time I'm making this post, I will be astounded...

S4 Defense
    Spoiler
    Show
    So who get's first dibs on saving the Commodore?
    *glare*

*sharpens short swords*

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    you
    win unfortunately for you what you win is a visit from Darkspark when the Commodore sees this...
    Pika!
    *cracks knuckles*

And fetch Bleakling, Blitzkreig and Jubilance, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Spoiler: Crazy theories continued
    Show
    An interesting thought is that Trixie using the Alicorn amulet also had a different visual effect. Perhaps that amulet was developed specifically as a way to give somepony "alicorn magic" who couldn't normally use it, and the reason it drives ponies to evil who wear it is precisely as you said: using that sort of magic if you're not an alicorn makes you start going "crystals!, slaves! blargh!" or some variation thereof depending on individual personality.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Possibility.

Though I like better the idea that Twilight is being occasionally subtly corrupted by that use of Sombra's power (i.e. dark magic), and it's going to come to a head at some point, possibly when the Pony-Lich Hisself shows back up...

S4 Comic Art Already. Kinda Funny Actually (and tall).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pahahahahahahaha!

That's still not gonna help you, you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Harmony Cider
    Show
    *snerk*

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, as that brings it to mind, was it me, or was AJ just a bit more badass in the tree-fighting than usual today?

Spoiler: Season 4 magic use
    Show
    I either agree with Thubby, or I thought it was sort of a tip off. Like, Zecora saying "turn this white" was enough information for Twilight, internally, to go "oh, that's a dark magic alteration spell, I know how to do that" and then externally we see the blast. Like asking someone to add a particular ingredient in a recipe, rather than needing a fully customized spell for the moment.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think thubby's idea seems the most interesting, especially if it call into the whole "corrupted Twilight" potential plot point which would be cool to see...

S4 Definitely
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, it was pretty cool. Finally get to see Celestia win a fight. Too bad it was that one. At least there was some nice castle collateral with it, and we saw the device that held the elements in action. Apparently Celestia abandoned the castle shortly after banishing her sister.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon
    [SPOILER]S4 Spike
    Spoiler
    Show
    We can but hope.

Overall verdict:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Great start!

DeLancie was... well, he was DeLancie, and I expect that standard from him at this point! (And I still do not buy his reformation! Have I mentioned that?)

The pesudo-valuable person crisis could have been handled better. But unlike some of the other two-parters, this didn't seem so rushed (probably because they were setting up), and the elegant use of show, not tell generally was excellent. I do dislike the idea that everything has to be verbally spelled out for the audience, as if they're stupid which you see often (and in a lot of cartoons), so it's nice to see some subtlety!)

I think I would probably be feeling more enthused, but after Day of the Doctor - and the Five(ish) Doctors - I think I am a bit burned out.

(It's a bit unfair, but I think a high-ranking pony episode (not the best ever, but definately up there) was a bit overshadowed by the Day of the Doctor, which I think is in the running for the best Who has ever been.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2013-11-23 at 07:52 PM.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Show
    You see, long ago, before the first alicorn, the ancient unicorns developed telekinesis. However, discontent with throwing mud at each other (because it was too similar to how the loathsome earth ponies would fight), the unicorns endeavored to create a more noble, refined form of dueling magic.

After a few failures with ponies turned into 20 foot tall rabbit hyenas, and the odd reverse gravity spell that required a team of 20 pegasi to recover the lost combatant, the unicorns finally came up with the most elegant form of combat: the beam war. The beam, you see, is actually the concentrated hopes and dreams of the casting unicorn, modified by what the caster had for breakfast that morning (as an aside, Celestia had only had a single banana the day she fought Chrysalis, which is why she was unusually weak during that beam war, and also why her beam was especially yellow).

Thus, the beam war, far from just another earth pony contest of strength, pitted the mental fortitude and will to win of the using unicorns directly against one another.

Later, when the first alicorns were created, it was found that the inherent physical strength, speed, and control contained in the pegasus form could be used to refine the power of the unicorn horn, allowing for never before seen dark beams, multi-beams, and the especially rare curly-Q beam. This made alicorns the unmatched champions of the beam wars. The duels that established Celestia's dominance over the famed unicorn duelist Smile Daisy Sunshine, are the stuff of legend, and young unicorns still study the finer points of the combat in their dueling classes to this day.
    Personal Headcanon Accepted.

Though seriously this IS an area where simplicity is actually a virtue.

12. - Top - End - #702

Part ye the Second:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, was spot on that one!

Woo! Luna haz star-lazars!

Actually, this is pretty much not far off how a lot of the fanon has it (albiet rather more abbreiviated, but part of that could be the magic itself showing only the most important points.)

I'm guessing someone now is going to take screen shots and ascertain which element Celestia and Luna were carrying...

Friendship lesson was fairly mediocre, but that crisis resolved fast anyway.

Spike: "he may be reformed, but he's not that reformed!" Preachin' to the choir, buddy, preachin' to the choir...

Give up Elements of Harmony (without having to discuss or outright state - thank you for show not tell!) Oh dear. That's not going to bode well.

Six locks. Pretty clear where this is going. But ooh! Story arc!

Aaand Discord.

Yeah, sure, he's totally reformed.

I'd say it was his plan all along - but it kinda was, wasn't it...?

Sure would be a bad time for Sombra to come back from the dead, wouldn't it...?

Right - back through thread!
    Too late. Repasta for the undead

Spoiler
    Show

Let's talk about the elements

That's Celestia with Magic, Kindness, and Generosity; Luna has Loyalty, Honesty, and Laughter. Make of that what you will.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground

I've been waiting months to say this.

New episodes

Spoiler: Spoilers for season 4 premier.
    Show
    God, Pinkie was in Rare for here! And Discord was top caliber pretty much all the way through, I particularly like the meta joke about Twilight bursting into song. Though I am mildly annoyed with the ease of cowing him since it was such a big, and legitimately so, concern previously.

Twilight having a hard time with something that is not a social skill and has an academic side. That's hilariously awesome!

Fluttershy and Rarity and even AJ got some good lines in there, and these are easily the most epic actions scene's we've had since Canterlot wedding.

Canon is remembered and Celestia and Luna both got developments that I like, given that I've always been a sucker for mentor/older sibling characters. Twilight at leader is good but adorable, and it appears were getting an over arching plot this season.

My only real beef's with this ep, truth be told, is that they had to give up the elements at all. I felt that was a bad move, particularly with out thinking to first try USING the elements to clear the plants. And sending Twilight back felt a tad forced.

As an aside, were seeing more action, I wonder if maybe this means there part of the game plan for making it a bit more grown up is to show them more frequently having to draw there line in the sand and fight, and watching them have to get better at fighting? Would be unconventional given the official target audience.
    "I Burn!"

14. - Top - End - #704

Okay, had a short play session with my daughter. I was the CMC and she was the Ponyville petshop that tried to sell Spike off as an exotic pet. Since the CMC had no money, they decided to spring him free Thief-style...
    ...and by accident my daughter dropped something which caused the Spike figurine to launch like Team Rocket out of the living room.

Scootaloo: "Is that still a victory? I'm going to count that as a victory."
    Sweetie: "Well Spike isn't in the cage anymore."
    Apple Bloom: "Nor in Ponyville's zip code."

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Spoiler: Season 4 stuff
    Show
    Apparently, much like how the Season 3 opener was Spike's time of glory, the Season 4 opener is Applejacks.

Also, Discord was really well used, especially given that he was technically the villain of the whole episode but really wasn't. I laughed at him throwing seeds at Celestia, mostly because I thought they were, like, chocolate covered coffee beans or something.
    S4 Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, Applejack really had a-- Wait.

Mmm, chocolate-covered coffee beans. I crave. It was indeed funny to watch him bounce the seeds off the sisters. And really, it's great to see the sisters doing stuff together as well.

They had cute saddlebags. Totally marketable.

Quote Originally Posted by Evrine View Post
    Spoiler: season 4 eps 1 and 2 thoughts
    Show
    Applejack said 'what in tarnation' which is something I always look forward to. Discord was in top form.
    S4 AJ
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's always a treat to hear Applejack curse in that cute way of hers. Also good to see Discord is getting airtime. Interesting that there's a Summoning spell for him. Is that spirit specific or could there be spells to summon any pony?

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    This pick has zero spoilers in it but sums up rather aptly my view on them:
    That's adorable.

Wow, but tat's a complicated mane for a plush Cherry Jubilee.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

Show

Also, as I nearly missed this, ahahahahahahahahaha!

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

Spoiler
    Show

That's Celestia with Magic, Kindness, and Generosity; Luna has Loyalty, Honesty, and Laughter. Make of that what you will.
    Interesting choices...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2013-11-23 at 08:07 PM.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: related.
    Show
    *With mad look in eye*

Laughter and Loyalty wielded by the same pony.

More proof for my OTP
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Show
    I think it's interesting to note that the Elements that Celestia and Luna use are generic gems and not fitted to them personally like they are with Twilight and her friends. We also see Celestia using all of them to defeat NMM. It suggests that they were not bound to them in the same way, or nearly as much as the Mane 6 and may not have had any personal "favorite elements" so to speak.

It makes it seem more plausible that both of them could have used any of the six elements equally well, or equally poorly.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Barbarian in the Playground

What if this whole episode was just an excuse to have
    Spoiler
    Show
    Discord literally "sowing the seeds of discord"?
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    I think it's interesting to note that the Elements that Celestia and Luna use are generic gems and not fitted to them personally like they are with Twilight and her friends. We also see Celestia using all of them to defeat NMM. It suggests that they were not bound to them in the same way, or nearly as much as the Mane 6 and may not have had any personal "favorite elements" so to speak.

It makes it seem more plausible that both of them could have used any of the six elements equally well, or equally poorly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good point. As always, the show often is ambiguious on these sorts o issues, giving a lot of room for interpretation.

Completely different subject - did anypony else notice Discord talked about how the seeds had taken "thousands of moons" to grow, or was I just hearing things?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2013-11-23 at 08:16 PM.

20. - Top - End - #710

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: S4e1-2 analysis
    Show
    Honesty-Loyalty are close enough to frequently be confused, and that Kindness-Generosity are very similar as well. Laughter is a very vague "keep people happy" and Magic an even more nebulous "holds friendships together". It doesn't seem that odd of a split, really.

Spoiler: related.
    Show
    *With mad look in eye*

Laughter and Loyalty wielded by the same pony.

More proof for my OTP
    Your OTP is LunaxLuna?

Spoiler
    Show
    Good point. As always, the show often is ambiguious on these sorts o issues, giving a lot of room for interpretation.

Completely different subject - did anypony else notice Discord talked about how the seeds had taken "thousands of moons" to grow, or was I just hearing things?
    Spoiler: S4e1-2 on: Moons
    Show
    Good catch. He does say "thousands of moons ago." Of course, 12000 moons ago would be around 1000 years, and would still be "thousands of moons." Still, an odd phrasing.
    Last edited by erikun; 2013-11-23 at 08:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

21. - Top - End - #711

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Your OTP is LunaxLuna?
    Spoiler: OTP.
    Show
    Luna was wielding Loyalty, honesty, and Laughter.

Which two ponies untill recently wielded Loyalty and Laughter.

Both elements wielded by the same pony implies that they go together pretty well.

which combined with my boat load of in no way shipping goggle tainted evidence, is purther proof of Rainbow Pie being Semi-Canon

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Season 4 First Impressions
    Show

This was incredibly awesome.

Got nothing else to say, really.

Yay for seeing the battle between Luna and Celestia.

Also, mysterious boxes. Does that mean overhanging story arcs, or just something that'll come up in the season finale?
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

S4:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very nice, I like the history lesson. Good to see Discord being himself without being an outright antagonist. Sending away scene was kinda awkward. And yay! Quest arc! New Villain teaser!

I'm so glad it's back.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OTP.
    Show
    Luna was wielding Loyalty, honesty, and Laughter.

Which two ponies untill recently wielded Loyalty and Laughter.

Both elements wielded by the same pony implies that they go together pretty well.

which combined with my boat load of in no way shipping goggle tainted evidence, is purther proof of Rainbow Pie being Semi-Canon
    Spoiler
    Show
    So I should avoid pointing out than Honesty and Loyalty were equally valid by that logic and the amount of RD/AJ shipping, then...?

Or is this a case of OT3...? (I learned term on TV Tropes yesterday on a - comparitively brief - accidental trope-time-browse...)

And on that note, I really must go meditate... All this excitement (and with my parents back, them taking up some of the slack again) has worn me out...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2013-11-23 at 08:30 PM.

25. - Top - End - #715

Show
    S4 Elements
    Spoiler
    Show
    I guess they were just attuned to them in a different way. They were in their natural/original form then and perhaps that's how they originally worked. When NMM smashed them in the pilot, they had to reassemble themselves to reattune and picked a simpler form for that assembly. Thus, they fixed themselves, but the reduction in power meant they were locked to a specific pony in order to still work.

Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtytabs View Post
    What if this whole episode was just an excuse to have
    Spoiler
    Show
    Discord literally "sowing the seeds of discord"?
    S4 Discord
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that was certainly a loooooong wait for a payoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    Spoiler: Season 4 First Impressions
    Show

Also, mysterious boxes. Does that mean overhanging story arcs, or just something that'll come up in the season finale?
    S4 Season
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe the hints dropped by the show staff was that this is an overhanging story arc.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ettin in the Playground

S4 Season
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe the hints dropped by the show staff was that this is an overhanging story arc.
    I wasn't really paying attention to those. Spoilers, and all that. Good to know that's more likely to be this way, though. Consider me hyped for the rest of the season.

Even more hyped, I mean.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2013-11-23 at 08:37 PM.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground

Just before I finally actually go...

S4 Season
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I figured it was fairly obviously going to be an episode for each Element character, during which they'd have some sort of element-related epiphany or something which would produce a key.

28. - Top - End - #718

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    So I should avoid pointing out than Honesty and Loyalty were equally valid by that logic and the amount of RD/AJ shipping, then...?

Or is this a case of OT3...? (I learned term on TV Tropes yesterday on a - comparitively brief - accidental trope-time-browse...)

And on that note, I really must go meditate... All this excitement (and with my parents back, them taking up some of the slack again) has worn me out...
    Spoiler: Almost no longer a spoiler
    Show
    I guess it would be OT4, given that there are now four FIVE former bearers of the Loyalty/Honesty/Laughter elements. And now four former bearers of the Generosity/Kindness/Magic elements.

Have fun with your shipping charts.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Spoiler: S4e1-2 on: Moons
    Show
    Good catch. He does say "thousands of moons ago." Of course, 12000 moons ago would be around 1000 years, and would still be "thousands of moons." Still, an odd phrasing.
    Given that episode offered further proof of something I've been saying all along...

... I think we can presume a degree of artistic license in the phrasing.

30. - Top - End - #720

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Not a Spoiler, but long and Shippy
    Show
    I have found more Evidence to support Rainbow Pie than Appledash, and my glasses are not shipping tinted, how dare you say that?

Also, Dashie and Jakie are better off as friends, they would but heads way to much to have a chance at forming a proper romantic relationship.

the only possible OT3 I can think of that would work with those, would be RainbowFlutterPie, and that's only cause Explorer convinced me, though personally I get a "Sisters from a different Mister" vibe from the evidence he pointed two in support of FlutterDash, and I don't think shy is confident enough for a romantic relationship in the first place

Granted it's almost all irrelevant, because I'm not that militant a shipper, I'll read anything if it's well written enough.

I once read a BDSM clop fic and liked it cause it was well written, and I hate Clop

but yes, today has been an exiting day.

I kinda wish I had waited till tomorrow to watch the Doctor Who anniversary Episode.

My Body was not ready for the Combined awesome of it and the premiere in one day.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2013-11-23 at 08:50 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks