New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: RWBY IX: Fractured Fairy Tales

It's saturday and thus RWBY has return (even if its chibi) can I get some LaZodiac chibi commentary? The commentary makes RWBY so much better than just the videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YTj...y7qkS5cN1NQK5M
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

2. - Top - End - #512
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: RWBY Chibi S3E3
    Show
    ...So, does Chibiverse Taiyang just live in Team RWBY's dorm room now?
    Last edited by Rater202; 2018-02-17 at 11:59 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #513

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    It's saturday and thus RWBY has return (even if its chibi) can I get some LaZodiac chibi commentary? The commentary makes RWBY so much better than just the videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YTj...y7qkS5cN1NQK5M
    I'll see about it when my family is away. I have no real reason to commentate on a comedy show since it is, at the end of the day, just pure humour and what I find funny might not be what you find funny and ultimately that's not something I can really talk about.

But I'll give it a thought since I appreciate people wanting me. likecommentsubscribe and all that, but I'd never actually say that since I like to at least appear more professional.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler: RWBY Chibi S3E3
    Show
    ...So, does Chibiverse Taiyang just live in Team RWBY's dorm room now?
    Do chibiverses even have universes or canon and such?

I though the idea of a chibiverse is a random collection of nodes and temporary connections and so on. Like I have 9 points, and 5 wires, and I can do so many combinations of attaching these 5 wires to the 9 different nodes. All things are possible in the chibiverse.

Then again I may love Carnival Phantasm too much and I am bluring the rules of what is a chibiverse version of a show and what is not.

...There are no boundaries between us. Yahoo! What a fun party! ... /

...It's a carnival, so let's get close to one another (Close to one another)!...

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'll see about it when my family is away. I have no real reason to commentate on a comedy show since it is, at the end of the day, just pure humour and what I find funny might not be what you find funny and ultimately that's not something I can really talk about.

But I'll give it a thought since I appreciate people wanting me. likecommentsubscribe and all that, but I'd never actually say that since I like to at least appear more professional.
    Sidenote that is not about RWBY, actually two. La Zodiac?

* Are you a cat person, or a dog person?

* Personally as in yourself, do you see yourself more like a cat or dog?

Silly questions must be answered, for silly questions are often less silly than RWBY
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2018-02-18 at 01:43 AM.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

So I happened upon Unicorn of War’s rewrite of Volume 5.

The rewrite seems a bit confusing unless you watch top 5 worse things with Volume 5 shows what sort of disappointment she is trying to correct.

Still, what I’m seeing here is that, after given a few cogent criticisms of the series (mainly stuff we’ve been talking about already) her modifications don’t really address that stuff and in some ways make matters worse. She complains about too many characters yet her version of the story has team CFVY remaining major characters and team members all the way to the end of Volume 5. She brings in the Haven tournament teams (ABRN and SSSN) for the finale as well.

I’m wondering what people see in this that actually works better. I see some easy stuff to say (more fights, especially in the middle episodes) but the actual execution of the idea leaves a lot to be desired.

One change especially gets to me as pure irrelevance and that is to bring in Adam’s new outfit as his old one in flashbacks. The reason is to give something for Blake and Illia to make fun of. This only works as an inside joke having seen the actual show with the zipper outfit as his NEW outfit. Lighthearted dorky-Adam in flashbacks doesn’t really fit his character (especially as UoW never has us seeing the guys face, just as in the actual story).
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Dad jokes, dad jokes, everywhere...plus Cinder...I so feel you Blake (S3E4)

7. - Top - End - #517
    Bugbear in the Playground

Unsure if this has been brought up before, but headcanon:

The book "A Man with Two Souls" was written by a previous reincarnation of Ozpin prior to the souls fully merging as a way of coming to terms with what was happening.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    Unsure if this has been brought up before, but headcanon:

The book "A Man with Two Souls" was written by a previous reincarnation of Ozpin prior to the souls fully merging as a way of coming to terms with what was happening.
    My headcanon is that it was written by Cinder Falls, who was once an idealistic writer and she knows of some of the history of Ozpin and Salem. Thus Cinder wrote what she knew and thus a book about a man with two souls.

But only when the book failed to be financially successful did something new emerged. Cinder was changed by the experience, the former idealistic teenager became a twenty something edgelord, her view on life is twisted into a hungry form of nihilism where she like seeing other people suffer for Cinder feels so empty inside. While Ozpin may be the man with two souls, cinder by writting about what she knew in the process became the women with no soul at all.

Or Something

9. - Top - End - #519
    Barbarian in the Playground

That said, yeah. The show seems to take pride in robbing rivalries of their satisfying final showdowns. Torchwick is killed by his emotions rather than by Ruby. Cinder is defeated by bandits that she'd underestimated rather than by Ruby. Jaune's revenge for Pyrrha only ends up with another crush of his getting mortally wounded (after almost dying himself). Adam's obsession with Blake gets wrecked when Blake just tells him he's not worth he time. I think part of that is because they don't want the kids (at this point) to kill or grievously wound a human in anger, even if they're irredeemably evil. At least, not yet. They still need to be innocent for a little while longer.
    Going to have to disagree with you on the Blake vs Adam part. After all the obsession, fear, infatuation, hatred and admiration in varying degrees between each other, Blake just casually dismissing him is honestly a much more satisfying conclusion than any sort of climactic battle.
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon D20: A system designed for adventuring in a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon world.

The Review/Analysis Thread: In-depth reviews of various games and RPG products.

The New/Redone Monsters Thread: Taking bad or bland monsters and making them more interesting and challenging.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Realms of Myth: In the world of monsters, Winda and Wynn go on an "epic" journey to find the legendary Dark Magician.

Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Madoka and Kingdom Hearts.

10. - Top - End - #520

Adam was basically Blake's abusive boyfriend and he's clearly not over her.

Blake is at a point where she honestly doesn't care about him anymore, that she has moved on from him completely and can treat him as the hateful, arrogant, but ultimatly insignificannt bug he is a satisfying conclusion to that arc.

Blake was afraid of him. She abandoned team RWBY out of fear of what he'd do to the others just to hurt her after he casually disarmed Yang. There's something immensly satisfying about her not being afraid of him anymore.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Finally got around to watch season 5.

Still amused by Raven basically acting like some kind of emo teen.
    Makes me wonder wether she dyed her hair...

Adam getting what he deserves was nice too.
    I really hope if he shows up again someone reacts like Cinder did to Jaune
    Err... the „who are you again?” thing, not the fatally wounding a teammate thing.
    Doubt he'd care about that one.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As amusing as it would be, I doubt Adam would get a "And who are you again?" from the heroes. Besides the damage White Fang did to Beacon under his direction, the man literally maimed Yang as well as emotionally torturing Blake and attempting to decapitate her multiple times. Jaune did nothing effective against Cinder or her plans until he exploited Ruby's silver eye attack. Despite all his growth and heartache, to her he was still the tree-bound vomitboy that wasn't worth remembering. (Except for the cartoonishly evil Cinder from Chibi who would remember him solely for the pain she caused him, which would in turn probably make him her favorite protagonist.)

Also, I should point out that Blake is still very afraid of Adam. To quote Mabel Pines, however, "But know I know it's rational." She is fully aware of how deadly and dangerous Adam is and acts accordingly, but now she doesn't shut down at the sight of him. Not being afraid of Adam is why Yang could only count to five during most of volume 4.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2018-03-01 at 09:15 AM.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

13. - Top - End - #523

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    As amusing as it would be, I doubt Adam would get a "And who are you again?" from the heroes. Besides the damage White Fang did to Beacon under his direction, the man literally maimed Yang as well as emotionally torturing Blake and attempting to decapitate her multiple times. Jaune did nothing effective against Cinder or her plans until he exploited Ruby's silver eye attack. Despite all his growth and heartache, to her he was still the tree-bound vomitboy that wasn't worth remembering. (Except for the cartoonishly evil Cinder from Chibi who would remember him solely for the pain she caused him, which would in turn probably make him her favorite protagonist.)

Also, I should point out that Blake is still very afraid of Adam. To quote Mabel Pines, however, "But know I know it's rational." She is fully aware of how deadly and dangerous Adam is and acts accordingly, but now she doesn't shut down at the sight of him. Not being afraid of Adam is why Yang could only count to five during most of volume 4.
    You know, I don't think that Ruby, Weiss, or the survivors of JNPR have actually seen Adam so they could plausibly give a "who are you again" reaction.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #524

Literally only Yang and Blake, of the main cast, even know who Adam is in relation to Blake I'm pretty sure.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ettin in the Playground

Is it just me, or I want Adam to not show up again, till we return to Vale and then Glynda Goodwitch can give Adam a telekinesis spanking, again, and again, with her "riding crop."

Who is the bad, naughty, edgelord who dresses way too flamboyant for a psychopath. You are!

I want Adam to have nothing to do with Blake, let the white fang stories die, let the zoo stories be forgotten.

16. - Top - End - #526

Is it just me, or I want Adam to not show up again, till we return to Vale and then Glynda Goodwitch can give Adam a telekinesis spanking, again, and again, with her "riding crop."

Who is the bad, naughty, edgelord who dresses way too flamboyant for a psychopath. You are!

I want Adam to have nothing to do with Blake, let the white fang stories die, let the zoo stories be forgotten.
    Ramza please this is a family board.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ettin in the Playground

IT IS?! Uh...I need to go delete some posts...
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

There will be no physical contact, Glynda has too much class to touch Adam, and due to her semblance being a form of telekinesis she does not have to.

It is not my fault that RoosterTeeth made her semblance focus / weapon being a riding crop.

19. - Top - End - #529

There will be no physical contact, Glynda has too much class to touch Adam, and due to her semblance being a form of telekinesis she does not have to.

It is not my fault that RoosterTeeth made her semblance focus / weapon being a riding crop.

Still though, phrasing.

Also god that gif looks terrible. They could of made this look impressive.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground

Still though, phrasing.

Also god that gif looks terrible. They could of made this look impressive.
    Isn't that RWBY overall in a nutshell? Something that comes out terrible, but it could have been impressive?

Note it is not really the gif, the original scene the gif is made from is not that impressive even though it really should be impressive. Links to the clip and the specific timestamp. Done by a manga, or by an anime studio that knows what they are doing and with a medium budget those 10 seconds would be epic and sadly instead we got this.

Right now my voice is making a gahhhh sound for Vol 2 Chapter 12 was so horrible, in so many ways!

21. - Top - End - #531

Isn't that RWBY overall in a nutshell? Something that comes out terrible, but it could have been impressive?

Note it is not really the gif, the original scene the gif is made from is not that impressive even though it really should be impressive. Links to the clip and the specific timestamp. Done by a manga, or by an anime studio that knows what they are doing and with a medium budget those 10 seconds would be epic and sadly instead we got this.

Right now my voice is making a gahhhh sound for Vol 2 Chapter 12 was so horrible, in so many ways!
    I meant that clip, yes. I was just referring to it as gif since that was what you posted, the diss was not on gifs as a whole but "that specific gif, which shows a thing that is abscribed the negativity I'm giving it".

Also I will watch the smol rwbs at some point don't worry, haven't forgot that just dealing with end of vacation stuff.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

Also I will watch the smol rwbs at some point don't worry, haven't forgot that just dealing with end of vacation stuff.
    It was my birthday this week, and you just made me feel even older LaZodiac

It took me a minute to figure out what you meant by smol (then I realized you are talking about RWBY chibi and the tiny RWBY characters.) Is this some new colloquial term the youth use, this smol?

23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground

Literally only Yang and Blake, of the main cast, even know who Adam is in relation to Blake I'm pretty sure.
    They have several times mixed things up to imply that RWBY and JNPR talk to each other about everything. Pyrrha's secret was shared with RWBY and Blake's faunus nature was shared with JNPR (off-camera mention in S2E2). This even goes to external characters, so Blake mentions that Neptune can't stand water.

I don't recall when Blake explicitly mentioned Adam to everyone by name, but she did mention a "partner...more a mentor" to the group all the way back in Season 2 if my memory serves.

I meant that clip, yes. I was just referring to it as gif since that was what you posted, the diss was not on gifs as a whole but "that specific gif, which shows a thing that is abscribed the negativity I'm giving it".

How do you critique a silly series that isn't even trying to make sense? Also the battle of the bands was awesome.

Also, apropos of nothing, the RWBY commentary called Glynda's implement a "whip" several times. This is obviously irrelevant to anything.
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    Also, apropos of nothing, the RWBY commentary called Glynda's implement a "whip" several times. This is obviously irrelevant to anything.
    How is this a whip?

And I do not care if they made the series they do not get to name things that have names outside of their world. When they are wrong they are wrong.

25. - Top - End - #535

It was my birthday this week, and you just made me feel even older LaZodiac

It took me a minute to figure out what you meant by smol (then I realized you are talking about RWBY chibi and the tiny RWBY characters.) Is this some new colloquial term the youth use, this smol?
    I'm like 80% sure I'm older than you. Smol is a relatively newish term though yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    They have several times mixed things up to imply that RWBY and JNPR talk to each other about everything. Pyrrha's secret was shared with RWBY and Blake's faunus nature was shared with JNPR (off-camera mention in S2E2). This even goes to external characters, so Blake mentions that Neptune can't stand water.

I don't recall when Blake explicitly mentioned Adam to everyone by name, but she did mention a "partner...more a mentor" to the group all the way back in Season 2 if my memory serves.

How do you critique a silly series that isn't even trying to make sense? Also the battle of the bands was awesome.

I really really REALLY refuse to believe Blake would casually be like "heey guys I'm friends with a murderous terrorist".

I mean Ramza just wants me to watch it so he can laugh at the things I say.

How is this a whip?

And I do not care if they made the series they do not get to name things that have names outside of their world. When they are wrong they are wrong.
    Okay so a riding crop is technically a whip. So they're not WRONG, they're just being very silly.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ettin in the Playground

RWBY Chibi is actually fun this week.

I nominate Cinder Puppet to replace Cinder.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Every time I see this thread's title I can't help but think of this:

28. - Top - End - #538
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chib Season 3 Episode 7 is pretty good.

Spoiler: Chibi spoils
    Show
    Includes Ruby opening the Necronomicon, skyfish, "He's a dum-dum but he's my dum-dum," "But... you is me."

Last edited by McDouggal; 2018-03-17 at 02:12 PM.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

RWBY: Grim Eclipse is 75% off on the Humble store. 78% if you are subscribed to Humble Monthly.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    RWBY: Grim Eclipse is 75% off on the Humble store. 78% if you are subscribed to Humble Monthly.
    This makes me want to fire up the game and play through. I haven't played through the story since early access. I need to get a group together though as the game is pretty boring solo. Have they added an "extreme difficulty" mode yet?