New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Aziraphales Actually Alliterative And Awesomely Affluent Random Banter #104

@Spiceboy: well, twenty five hours of homework a week; plus wider reading. You get to do that once you start A2.

I only do that for French. Or literally minutes before she comes into the room. It's actually quite funny to watch because everyone who hasn't done it copies off those who have while making just enough changes/mistakes to make her think we've all done it on our own.
    I do do it on my own more often than not.
    And it's not every week where you get three essays all due in the end of the week. And all set that week too.

@Edge: There's a penny under your desk because the demi - faery of Desks dropped his weekly pay. Leave it there so he can feed his family for a month. Trust me on this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Aziraphales Actually Alliterative And Awesomely Affluent Random Banter #104

Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    <Adm. Akbar>IT'S A TRAP!</Adm. Akbar> They want to use you to fill up their less popular courses. The Lit+Phil course at Ploughman's Academy is undersubscribed; what does this tell you about the course?

(lemme guess: required grades EE, or point equiv.)
    I know...

If Bangor says no then...
    I don't know what...

"Awesome requires no explanation." -- Jibar McHabdabson
    Heh, I'd forgotten about that one.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    @Edge: There's a penny under your desk because the demi - faery of Desks dropped his weekly pay. Leave it there so he can feed his family for a month. Trust me on this.
    Can't be. My room is lined with cold iron. No fae could possibly enter.
    Last edited by Edge; 2008-10-16 at 04:12 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ogre in the Playground

Aaaaah. I remember when... The constant feeling that you were juggling 100 things at once, and that people were throwing ever more at you. Working nights until your eyes swam and you were writing on automatic. Chunking set texts on your breaks at work. Revising on the bus. Polishing essays during assembly. And the sheer wonder of being able to deliver it all on the required deadline dates. Felt like Hermes half the time, and Sisyphus the rest. Great days.
    Yes...handing it in... that's what happens.... yeeess...

>_>

<_<

I ain't even sent off the form yet, even though everything's done (even the reference. Finishing up with 5 A grades? Uhm. That's gonna happen.). I need to be interviewed by the headmaster (he was on the news y'know) before I can send it, and he's away this week.... ¬_¬

5. - Top - End - #1115

Yes...handing it in... that's what happens.... yeeess...

>_>

<_<

I ain't even sent off the form yet, even though everything's done (even the reference. Finishing up with 5 A grades? Uhm. That's gonna happen.). I need to be interviewed by the headmaster (he was on the news y'know) before I can send it, and he's away this week.... ¬_¬
    UCAS?
    Meh. I'm a special case, you don't need to until December, but the earlier the better.
    Speaking of; Canterbury Christ replied thanking me for applying today. Three to go now.
    Anywho. I've not seen my refeence so I'm just taking it as read that they were nice to me. Still, I know you can get five As so don't be derogatory to yourself; that's a very silly thing to do.
    And why was he on the news? And why'd you have to see him anyway?

@Edge: demi - faery. He's part fae so he's resistant to cold iron. I'm surprised Hist Stigness doesn't eat them thoughl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Those short lists remind me of the elements song.
    Ah, that is an awesome video. Introduced me to Tom Lehrer, that did.
    Great man, great songs.
    *starts humming "it makes a fellow proud to be a soldier"*
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

7. - Top - End - #1117

Ah Tom Lehrer is fantastic. I was brought up listening to him because of my dad. I could recite poisoning pigeons in the park by the time I was 9.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

8. - Top - End - #1118

Quote Originally Posted by Eldpollard View Post
    Ah Tom Lehrer is fantastic. I was brought up listening to him because of my dad. I could recite poisoning pigeons in the park by the time I was 9.
    That is a disturbing song. For some reason I've always stayed clear of his music. It just never held much appeal for me.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Barbarian in the Playground

Files corrupted...Save game lost...I'm back in Tribal Stage! WTF?!? I played for like, 2 days, and it's all gone. Curse you, Spore! Curse yoouuuuu!
    Johann Krauss by Recaiden
    Spoiler
    Show
    morbidwombat (9:40:07 PM): I am not a sandwich, nor a mode of transport!
    blackomen341 (9:40:18 PM): Then what are you?!?!
    morbidwombat (9:40:35 PM): I...I have no idea.
    morbidwombat (9:40:45 PM): <.<
    morbidwombat (9:40:49 PM): >.>
    morbidwombat (9:40:58 PM): *Has existential dilemma*

Not-Edible itP!

10. - Top - End - #1120

Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    That is a disturbing song. For some reason I've always stayed clear of his music. It just never held much appeal for me.
    Oh certainly it's a disturbing song. But it seems to me it would be so much worse if he'd said kittens instead of "pigeons."

I'm sorry to hear about your spore woes MorbidWombat.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by morbidwombat View Post
    Files corrupted...Save game lost...I'm back in Tribal Stage! WTF?!? I played for like, 2 days, and it's all gone. Curse you, Spore! Curse yoouuuuu!
    Nooooo! Spore! Why!??!

12. - Top - End - #1122

I just shut my thumb in the window. It hurts like crazy. I don't think it's broken or anything, so I'll probably just have a huge bruise under my nail that'll last for months. (If it swells up to twice normal size or anything I'll go and get it checked out.)

So, that was
    a) stupid (if you find this usage of 'stupid' offensive, please replace with 'ridiculously clumsy' or 'unbelievably absent-minded') and
    b) incredibly painful.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

YES! Another week down! 14 more school days to go!

Oh gods, Dish. You'll be fine though!

14. - Top - End - #1124

Quote Originally Posted by Vizen View Post
    YES! Another week down! 14 more school days to go!

Oh gods, Dish. You'll be fine though!
    In the great scheme of things, this is but an infinitesimal blip. It just happens to be hurting quite a lot right this now.

How long a holiday will you be getting?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Nooooo! Spore! Why!??!
    It saved everything I made, all my achievements. But not my progress. Again, I must say, WTF? Oh well, at least I got to USE my Birds-of-Prey this time around.
    Johann Krauss by Recaiden
    Spoiler
    Show
    morbidwombat (9:40:07 PM): I am not a sandwich, nor a mode of transport!
    blackomen341 (9:40:18 PM): Then what are you?!?!
    morbidwombat (9:40:35 PM): I...I have no idea.
    morbidwombat (9:40:45 PM): <.<
    morbidwombat (9:40:49 PM): >.>
    morbidwombat (9:40:58 PM): *Has existential dilemma*

Not-Edible itP!

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dish View Post
    In the great scheme of things, this is but an infinitesimal blip. It just happens to be hurting quite a lot right this now.

How long a holiday will you be getting?
    Whoops, sorry, I went somewhere else...

My holidays? Well....If it helps, this is my last year of school. Though in 2010 im planning on going to Uni. Studying to become a teacher.

...Guess I have plenty more years of school to go before retirement, huh? xD

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    he also did the New Math song. It took me a loooooong time (and actually writing out what he was saying) to get what he was talking about and that it really DOES make sense.
    Oh now that was awesome.
    But, err, do they really teach that anywhere?

And now I'll have to look up that poisoning pigeons song. But there's a little voice in my head telling me not to...
    Awwe well, screw that voice.

EDIT: Watched it. My mind has just warped a little bit more.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-10-17 at 03:38 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Can't be. My room is lined with cold iron. No fae could possibly enter.
    But what if the Fae disguise themselves as ducks? You go to suck the moisture from one, and BAM! pixie inna face.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    @Edge: demi - faery. He's part fae so he's resistant to cold iron. I'm surprised Hist Stigness doesn't eat them thoughl
    "Some say that all his knees are hydraulic, and if you wait until after midnight, he's allergic to pixies... all we know is... he's called The Stig."

One of my own invention. You can probably tell.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    And now I'll have to look up that poisoning pigeons song. But there's a little voice in my head telling me not to...
    Awwe well, screw that voice.

EDIT: Watched it. My mind has just warped a little bit more.
    Ahh, good ol' Tom. He was the epitome of nerd songs...

Until Jonathan Coulton, that is...

21. - Top - End - #1131

Quote Originally Posted by morbidwombat View Post
    It saved everything I made, all my achievements. But not my progress. Again, I must say, WTF? Oh well, at least I got to USE my Birds-of-Prey this time around.
    I think you need to manually save it. It doesn't auto save progress. It could have just messed up of course.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

I spent all afternoon yesterday playing Portal. Now I'm looking for my gravity, I seem to have lost it somewhere.
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

Greetings, everyone, from my honeymoon in Florida!

I'm on the computer at the hotel right now, and can't cover too many details yet, but so far my honeymoon adventures include two days at Disneyworld, feeding Alligators and Crocodiles, getting into a boxing match with the Atlantic Ocean (I lost...,) and kayaking through a Zoo.

I fly back to Oklahoma tomorrow and will likely post more then, with pictures!

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy View Post
    I spent all afternoon yesterday playing Portal. Now I'm looking for my gravity, I seem to have lost it somewhere.
    Been there. After a weekend of Portal I spend a Monday morning annoyed that I couldn't just bore POrtals to the places I needed to be in the office (non-open plan, but good sight lines).

"If I zapped the desk here, and then the wall there I could file this lot sooooooo easily. Let gravity do the hard work. Dammit, reality sucks."

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Greetings, everyone, from my honeymoon in Florida!

I'm on the computer at the hotel right now, and can't cover too many details yet, but so far my honeymoon adventures include two days at Disneyworld, feeding Alligators and Crocodiles, getting into a boxing match with the Atlantic Ocean (I lost...,) and kayaking through a Zoo.

I fly back to Oklahoma tomorrow and will likely post more then, with pictures!
    Glad you and MrsWriter have been having a good time. See you in a couple of days.
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-10-17 at 09:17 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

Been there. After a weekend of Portal I spend a Monday morning annoyed that I couldn't just bore POrtals to the places I needed to be in the office (non-open plan, but good sight lines).

"If I zapped the desk here, and then the wall there I could file this lot sooooooo easily. Let gravity do the hard work. Dammit, reality sucks."
    Yeah, I know what you mean. It was so annoying walking all the way to the bus stop when I could just have opened a portal and jumped in...

TwoBitWriter: Have an awesome time, enjoy it and come back here soon!
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

more like if i zapped the floor here, and the exterior wall there, and knocked loudly on my bosses door...

instant promotion!
    Last edited by Archonic Energy; 2008-10-17 at 09:30 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Titan in the Playground

DD demands more Catmuffincon from Jibar.

And he's been listening to songs over and over again on Hyves.nl ...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ettin in the Playground

So I spend a month working on my drama in the background. I'm fleshing it all out, making all these plans for multimedia, doing my research to make it all correct. I'm trying my best to make this play I don't like the best it can be.
    Now, I'm not an assertive fellow or one who has any shred of self confidence, so I'm doing all this in secret. When everybody else is sitting and arguing about where we're going or what we're doing, I'm sitting and writing about some idea in my book or fiddling with the lights to get the perfect hue. So when she looks through all our books, she comes to mine, looks at it and writes inside "These ideas are good. It's obvious you've really been working hard on it. You just have to share these with the group."
    So we sit down today, and I go over it all.
    And it's a no. From everybody.

Gee, thanks guys. I'm just gonna go back to not saying anything and fiddling with the lights.
    See you all in December, when maybe you'll have all agreed on something.
    Brilliant addition to an already horrid day.

Ugh.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Titan in the Playground

Jibar, you can come back to them just before the deadline when they still haven't achieved anything.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm like that Jibjab, although I'm weirdly confident was I star talking; I usually figure out everything for myself before sharing it and sometimes gets told I'm wrong and stuff but it doesn't matter, I know my ideas are good.

I like working in groups though, tis fun to mix and match ideas and I'm always arguing with one of my friends.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog: