New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Banned

Default Re: The Throne of Thufir's Thoroughly Theoretical and Therapeutic Random Banter #116

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Whaddya say we rent a warehouse and pile it full with all the undergraduate papers written for a University in a year? - leaving aisles clear for marvellers to wander and wonder at the stacked quintessence of dust.
    And then burn the place down, thus releasing the souls of the damned students?

2. - Top - End - #302
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Throne of Thufir's Thoroughly Theoretical and Therapeutic Random Banter #116

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Silly Zero, we don't bind the student's souls into their papers anymore, it's too inefficient. We use flash drives now.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Yesssssss! Burn! Burn! Fire! Fire!
    Yes, let the souls escape and come unto me! Their power shall be mine! All will know of the darkness I shall bring upon this world! All will suffer and die!

...... Sorry, I drifted off a little there.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

The souls of damned students are bound by their grasshopper-minded loans, anyways, not their papers.

Plus, the carbon footprint of the burnt offering would be much too deep. The papers could be shredded, mixed with nitrogen-rich garbage from the cafeterias, and made into fresh earth over the summer. Imagine! Ashes to ashes, (bull)**** to ****.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    The souls of damned students are bound by their grasshopper-minded loans, anyways, not their papers.

Plus, the carbon footprint of the burnt offering would be much too deep. The papers could be shredded, mixed with nitrogen-rich garbage from the cafeterias, and made into fresh earth over the summer. Imagine! Ashes to ashes, (bull)**** to ****.
    Hmmm, intriguing. Tell me more good sir.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

6. - Top - End - #306
    Banned

No... I'm fairly sure maths essays and research papers are prisons for innumerable unfortunate souls. I think the method of their capture involves finding someone who knows nothing about maths and exposing them to the more complex of calculations in order to shock the soul out of the body and then you bottle it, freeze it, smash it up and melt it into your pen ink while you write your paper.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

8. - Top - End - #308
    Banned

I can't be sure what Kneenibble intended by "grasshopper-minded loans", but as my mental image unfolded as a swarm of financier-faced locusts landing on the stubs of ten thousand paychecks and nibbling at the edges, I like it! It's as spicy as John Irving once managed to coin, when describing the fallout of a humiliation, a face turning "like a lawsuit" to witness it. Finally I could see why reviews of Irving called him a contemporary Charles Dickens--and how I could be grateful for reading the same talent for an incisive description from someone who knew how to cut his word count.

Jack Squat, lemme see if I'm reading this properly. That undetectable ship there--fantasy of a thousand sea smugglers--can't be sold? What's wrong with it other than the immobility of its dock?
    Last edited by Quincunx; 2009-02-27 at 12:56 PM.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

It can't be given away because no one wants the dock. They probably know they can't maintain it or sell it to someone who can.

I suggest some of the Cali members pick it up so us playgrounders can up the 4chan party van.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    I.... want.... that.... boat.
    Seriously, that is one cool boat. I'm going to wait until they would sell it for $500 and then take it off their hands.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

11. - Top - End - #311

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    I.... want.... that.... boat.
    Seriously, that is one cool boat. I'm going to wait until they would sell it for $500 and then take it off their hands.
    They're giving it away...

It's just that no one either wants or can afford to maintain the dock that comes with it. (and presumably the dock isn't being given away)

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    They're giving it away...

It's just that no one either wants or can afford to maintain the dock that comes with it. (and presumably the dock isn't being given away)
    I wouldn't dock it, I'd live on it and make money as a Ninja-pirate.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, my leg feels better, my mom got out of surgery and sounds great, and I have some free time.

Day turned out alright.

14. - Top - End - #314

:BIGSCREAMINGHABDADS!!:

:stunned:

My . . .

. . .

My . . . French coursework is due in on Monday . . . My Medieval History coursework was set today and the deadline is one week earlier than I planned . . . My Lang coursework is due in the same day as the history coursework . . . My Classics coursework is due in on the same day as my Lit coursework: two days after my birthday.

. . .

My January results come out on the 12th . . .

Twenty six days of hell await me.
    Plus I'm helping six people now with various Lit courseworks and two for Classics.

[/stunnedlitany]

On the plus side/And worst of all:
    I'll have done two - thirds (plus AS level) for three of my A Levels meaning I'm going to roughly know what I need to get for an A.

Maaaaaaah.

Also:

In Lit we ended up talking about homoeroticism, homoerotic images of twincestual necrophilia and baby stew fed to the father.
    And I'm going to read the Bible after Paradise Lost.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

Wonderful Things of Today

1. I had a conversation with my English teacher about how much we both hate 24 Hour News services.

2. I managed to avoid having to explain undone homework by literally hiding under the table. As soon as she turned around, I just ducked and she had no clue. It was brilliant.

3. This then became a class wide hiding from our next teacher in an attempt to surprise her. Sadly she didn't come become because she was ill...

4. ...which got explained to me when I came across her on my way home. Had she actually shown up, she was so out of it she would have never found us.

5. Oh yeah, and there's the whole MIDNIGHT SCREENING OF WATCHMEN! Gonna be one of the first people in the country to see it.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

16. - Top - End - #316

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    5. Oh yeah, and there's the whole MIDNIGHT SCREENING OF WATCHMEN! Gonna be one of the first people in the country to see it.

...I hate you.

...probably not going to be able to see it until well after it comes out...

...stupid no overtime meaning no spending money...

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

What day's your birthday again, Koorli? 'tisn't on your profile & I can't remember. If it's shortly I have got to think of something for you...

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

...I hate you.

...probably not going to be able to see it until well after it comes out...

...stupid no overtime meaning no spending money...
    I'm probably on the same page as Cristo here, I have to wait until I can scrounge a free trip to the cinema off of my Uncle Paul.
    But it will be good, I wait for Watchmen with baited breath.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

I.....

I....I somehow got chainmail rings in my keyboard.....

*wanders off, stunned*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

20. - Top - End - #320
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    I.....

I....I somehow got chainmail rings in my keyboard.....

*wanders off, stunned*
    ...That's what you get for bringing strange dwarves home with you...

*holds his stomach and curses his weakness against energy drinks*
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

We aren't that strange, just because we have more muscle, less height, thick beards from a young age, hairy chests, deep voices and enhanced stamina doesn't mean we're weird.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Actually its from the chainmail I´m making.....

But how they got there from the garage....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

23. - Top - End - #323
    Orc in the Playground

Probably stuck to your clothes or hair or some other part of you that could possibly get small rings stuck on

24. - Top - End - #324

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    What day's your birthday again, Koorli? 'tisn't on your profile & I can't remember. If it's shortly I have got to think of something for you...
    Check this:

Mother's Day: 22nd March
    Koorli's B - Day: 23rd March
    Mr. KitGirl's B - Day: 24th March
    Lit and Classics coursework due in: 25th March

Lovely eighteenth isn't it?
    At least I don't do pubs or clubs.

Also: stew has made everything better. Stew and books.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

You're making chainmail?
    *Worships*
    Armour=Awesome
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Hmm, I should draw or write you something for you birthday.
    Any preferences? A handdrawing, a poem, a ship or something drawn with on the computer?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

27. - Top - End - #327
    Orc in the Playground

I don't really know if there's anything I could offer you. Scanner's broken so I couldn't do a drawing of any kind and I have no other real skills to offer

28. - Top - End - #328

I shall endeavor to have something ready as a gift.

*kicks creative side*

HEAR THAT? YOU'VE GOT A DEADLINE!

...lazy bastard...

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

I have been struck by inspiration! To the Fredcave!

I'm just kidding, do you think that if I had a Fredcave I would be here? Actually, yeah, I'd still be here, just less often due to having a Fredcave.

Now where did I leave my pen?
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

30. - Top - End - #330
    Banned

I shall endeavor to have something ready as a gift.
    *kicks creative side*
    HEAR THAT? YOU'VE GOT A DEADLINE!
    ...lazy bastard...
    Where's my birthday present?