New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VIII - We Need A Half-Elf Template

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    Also, any tips on flirtatious letter-writing?

(This is for crack purposes, I swear. )
    Who is the young man you are wooing?

Sexual innuendo? Not at first, but after a few letters. Compliments that could be in jest, but are flattering if they're not. You are testing the waters.

And of course, naked pictures are always acceptable right out.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Who is the young man you are wooing?
    Your beard. (Not really.)

Sexual innuendo? Not at first, but after a few letters. Compliments that could be in jest, but are flattering if they're not. You are testing the waters.

And of course, naked pictures are always acceptable right out.
    Well the character is trying to remain anonymous, so the last one would be tricky to pull off.

Otherwise, useful.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-03-18 at 03:27 PM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

Well the character is trying to remain anonymous, so the last one would be trick to pull off.
    The character could take pictures of the body, and hide the face. It would still be a horrendously bad idea, but it could be done.

You could try reading Jane Austen...
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-03-18 at 03:23 PM.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

4. - Top - End - #454
    Colossus in the Playground

The character could take pictures of the body, and hide the face. It would still be a horrendously bad idea, but it could be done.

You could try reading Jane Austen...
    Let's be careful here though. And hey, I've got dibs on the pic thing! I'm going to type it up right now!

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Let's be careful here though. And hey, I've got dibs on the pic thing! I'm going to type it up right now!
    Is Jane Austen so terrible? It's not like I'm telling her to read Twilight or Eragon.

― Tim Fargo

6. - Top - End - #456

Is Jane Austen so terrible? It's not like I'm telling her to read Twilight or Eragon.
    I wasn't talking about Austen. I was talking about the pic thing.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Already read Eragon.

And the sequels.

Each time was horrible, but after the first page my brain was too numb for me to stop.

I wasn't talking about Austen. I was talking about the pic thing.
    Eh, if it gets too non-PG I'll just take it elsewhere.

I look forward to further crack-fic from you.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-03-18 at 03:38 PM.
    DeviantArt

8. - Top - End - #458

Okay! Belkar/Sabine in the looney high school, and Miko and Kyrie are still together! (Shocking, I know.)

It's really short, but I'm in a rush. Sorry.

Spoiler
    Show

The students filed into the wide auditorium and sat, their individual conversations quickly filling up the room. Eventually, the students quieted down, though most of them continued to text on their cellphones.

"Cellphones off, students," Principal Shojo commanded. The students looked surprised, then complied to his...Well, his demand.

Of course, Miko and the rest of her friends didn't even have their cellphones on. They sat in the middle, listening intently to Shojo and the guest speaker. Hinjo was on Miko's left and Kyrie was on her right. Miko and Kyrie were holding hands, Hinjo noticed, slightly pleased. She seemed to have loosened up, if only a bit, and Kyrie was clearly good for her.

"Students, this is important! Recently there has been a spate of reports of people sending each other pictures of themselves naked! This--"

"Hey, Mr. Blind-As-A-Bat, didja just wake up or something?" a voice--Probably Tsukiko's--Shouted from the back of the auditorium. The crown started giggling.

The spokesman glared at the offender and started again. "This is very dangerous and can be illegal! Depending on your age, you may be committing a crime! In this one moment of impulsivity or peer pressure, you are making a mistake that could negatively impact your entire life! Think before you text; these pictures can't be taken back!"

Miko nodded in silent assent. This school was nuts! The line clearly had to be drawn somewhere, and this was as good a place as any to start. Of course, she would never stoop so low as to do these things...Kyrie? What pictures? What pictures of a naked Kyrie posing next to his homemade banana nut bread and muffins that was stored on her cellphone...And laptop...And camera? Nu-uh, she just hadn't gotten around to deleting them yet, that's all!

A few seats away, Daigo and Kazumi looked at each other in horror, simultaneously mouthed, "Illegal?" then pulled out their cellphones and began tapping at them furiously.

Kyrie's cellphone then buzzed to life. He flipped it open and checked the text. Immediately his eyes bugged out and he had to stifle a snicker. Soon the same action was repeated across the auditorium.

"Kyrie? What is it?" Miko asked. Wordlessly Kyrie handed her his cellphone.

Miko took one look and nearly choked in horror. The video was a tape of Belkar and Sabine, doing...What they were most notorious for doing. And...Sabine...The furry rope, and black rubbery...things that jangled and bounced...

"What is the meaning of this?!" Miko whispered, horrified, into Kyrie's ear.

"Ssh, just wait until Nale sees this," Kyrie snickered. "Three...Two...One...Now."

"BELKAR YOU BASTARD!!!" Nale roared. Funnily enough, despite their reputation for extreme debauchery, Nale was fairly monogamous. Sabine on the other hand...

"Who turned their cellphone on? Sabine, come down here," the spokesman demanded. Sabine practically waltzed down the aisle, grinning from ear to ear as she handed the spokesman her cellphone. "Let's have everyone see what was so important," the spokesman muttered as he hooked up Sabine's cellphone to the projector. Sabine's grin widened as the crowd fell to a dead silence. They knew what was coming next and there was no way they would miss it.

Right on cue, the video, complete with equally explicit sound, was thrown up onto the screen for everyone to see. People spluttered, gagged, laughed, screamed, and Belkar shouted, "WHOO-HOO!!! Aww, yeah!"

"But...I--I...What is the meaning of this?!" the spokesman, now beet-red, managed to splutter after several moments of silence.

Sabine smirked and said, "Belkar can do a double backflip and comes up to my waist. It wasn't exactly a hard decision to make."

The spokesman stared wordlessly at the audience, now laughing and cheering in approval, as his hands dropped to his side. "...This place is out of its mind," he muttered to himself as he walked out of the auditorium with as much of his remaining dignity (Not much) as he could muster.

Meanwhile, Belkar and Sabine had vanished in the din of the crowd, presumably to reenact their taped performance behind one of the stage curtains.

Uh...Thoughts? I was laughing while I was typing this; I hope I made you guys laugh...
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-03-18 at 04:27 PM. Reason: grammar

9. - Top - End - #459
    Barbarian in the Playground

Okay! Belkar/Sabine in the looney high school, and Miko and Kyrie are still together! (Shocking, I know.)

It's really short, but I'm in a rush. Sorry.

Spoiler
    Show

The students filed into the wide auditorium and sat, their individual conversations quickly filling up the room. Eventually, the students quieted down, though most of them continued to text on their cellphones.

"Cellphones off, students," Principal Shojo commanded. The students looked surprised, then complied to his...Well, his demand.

Of course, Miko and the rest of her friends didn't even have their cellphones on. They sat in the middle, listening intently to Shojo and the guest speaker. Hinjo was on Miko's left and Kyrie was on her right. Miko and Kyrie were holding hands, Hinjo noticed, slightly pleased. She seemed to have loosened up, if only a bit, and Kyrie was clearly good for her.

"Students, this is important! Recently there has been a spate of reports of people sending each other pictures of themselves naked! This--"

"Hey, Mr. Blind-As-A-Bat, didja just wake up or something?" a voice--Probably Tsukiko's--Shouted from the back of the auditorium. The crown started giggling.

The spokesman glared at the offender and started again. "This is very dangerous and can be illegal! Depending on your age, you may be committing a crime! In this one moment of impulsivity or peer pressure, you are making a mistake that could negatively impact your entire life! Think before you text; these pictures can't be taken back!"

Miko nodded in silent assent. This school was nuts! The line clearly had to be drawn somewhere, and this was as good a place as any to start. Of course, she would never stoop so low as to do these things...Kyrie? What pictures? What pictures of a naked Kyrie posing next to his homemade banana nut bread and muffins that was stored on her cellphone...And laptop...And camera? Nu-uh, she just hadn't gotten around to deleting them yet, that's all!

A few seats away, Daigo and Kazumi looked at each other in horror, simultaneously mouthed, "Illegal?" then pulled out their cellphones and began tapping at them fervently.

Kyrie's cellphone then buzzed to life. He flipped it open and checked the text. Immediately his eyes bugged out and he had to stifle a snicker. Soon the same action was repeated across the auditorium.

Miko took one look and nearly choked in horror. The video was a tape of Belkar and Sabine, doing...What they were most notorious for doing. And...Sabine...The furry rope, and black rubbery...things that jangled and bounced...

"Ssh, just wait until Nale sees this," Kyrie snickered. "Three...Two...One...Now."

"BELKAR YOU BASTARD!!!" Nale roared. Funnily enough, despite their reputation for extreme debauchery, Nale was fairly monogamous. Sabine on the other hand...

"Who turned their cellphone on? Sabine, come down here," the spokesman demanded. Sabine practically waltzed down the aisle, grinning from ear to ear as she handed the spokesman her cellphone. "Let's have everyone see what was so important," the spokesman muttered as he hooked up Sabine's cellphone to the projector. Sabine's grin widened as the crowd fell to a dead silence. They knew what was coming next and there was no way they would miss it.

Right on cue, the video, complete with equally explicit sound, was thrown up onto the screen for everyone to see. People spluttered, gagged, laughed, screamed, and Belkar shouted, "WHOO-HOO!!! Aww, yeah!"

"But...I--I...What is the meaning of this?!" the spokesman, now beet-red, managed to splutter after several moments of silence.

Sabine smirked and said, "Belkar can do a double backflip and comes up to my waist. It really wasn't a hard decision to make."

The spokesman stared wordlessly at the audience, now laughing and cheering in approval, as his hands dropped to his side. "...This place is out of its mind," he muttered to himself as he walked out of the auditorium with as much of his remaining dignity (Not much) as he could muster.

Meanwhile, Belkar and Sabine had vanished in the din of the crowd, presumably to reenact their taped performance behind one of the stage curtains.

Uh...Thoughts? I was laughing while I was typing this; I hope I made you guys laugh...
    cant stop laughing!!!! Now I have an idea for a pairing set in high school. great one coffee
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Laughing out loud.

Meanwhile, Belkar and Sabine had vanished in the din of the crowd, presumably to reenact their taped performance behind one of the stage curtains
    ...Behind a curtain? What, are they shy or something?
    DeviantArt

11. - Top - End - #461

Laughing out loud.

...Behind a curtain? What, are they shy or something?
    No, pragmatic. The rest of the students are leaving and they don't want to get trampled.

Thanks! You like this school?

12. - Top - End - #462

No, pragmatic. The rest of the students are leaving and they don't want to get trampled.

it is the best school that has a devil/demon in it.
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

It feels good to laugh.

― Tim Fargo

14. - Top - End - #464

It feels good to laugh.
    Yay! Glad I made you feel better.

If I may ask, what was your favorite part?
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-03-18 at 04:25 PM.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

In a way, although I prefer to observe it and its inhabitants from a safe distance.

...Well, except for the elves, they can stay with me.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-03-18 at 04:32 PM.
    DeviantArt

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

If I may ask, what was your favorite part?
    The spokesman's reaction. Having been a public speaker, I can tell you that is not a situation you want to be in...

I can't believe no one has thought of this - we have to name a thread "Order of the Squick"

― Tim Fargo

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I LOVE it. XDDDDD Especially the bit with Miko like '...except the pictures of Kyrie...'

Order of the Squick. XD I love you so hard.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    (hugs Gicko to mitigate insult)
    Order of the Squick. XD I love you so hard.
    w-what? i... i thought we had something specaaaaall!!! *cries*

*walks away with sad music playing in the background*

ok im jus messin wityah :P

totally awsome fic coffie. i loved when Nale screamed out just on cue XD

and order of the Squick DOSE seem like a fitting name ;)
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Pft. I've been flirting with Asta since I joined the site, you're a distant second.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Halfling in the Playground

Lets not start that type of discussion here, Lix Lorn. I would rather not have to read people getting of topic once more as I plan the next V/Z. Also, great stories to all.

Praise my great god of law and chaos, if it weren't for you, I would have fled this realm long ago.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry...

MikoOracle.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

Pft. I've been flirting with Asta since I joined the site, you're a distant second.
    i figured I’m more of a Coffeeincluded guy anyways ;)

To make up for the offtopicness of mine and Lix's post's (sorry!) i shall write a short fic of the first pairing it get on the roller!

The Hydra + Windstriker

hmmm... interesting... this may require a plot roll.

Love potion

Spoiler
    Show

Windstriker wandered the mortal planes for the first time it what seemed like years. The Celestial plane was fine sure, and his frequent visits to Miko were often enjoyable when she wasn’t spending her time with Sangwaan. But every now and then he still liked to come down to the mortal realm and feel the wind in his mane. And so he ran, ran as far as he could, for as long as he could. Hours passed, and eventually, Windstriker got thirsty.

Windstriker looked and saw a strange form in the distance, as he approached, he was shocked to realise it was a tangled mass of two male hobgoblins, and a single female goblin, they seemed to have been having a picnic, as three half-eaten burgers sat abandoned on there plates. Next to one plate however, was an open bottle containing a strange purple fluid, the Goblinoids had yet to notice him, and he WAS very thirsty. As silent as a ninja, Windstriker picked up the bottle in his mouth, and raised his head, allowing the fruity drink to pour into his mouth. Not wanting to anger the goblinoids, he quickly put the empty bottle down on the ground, and bolted as quickly, and as silently as his hooves could manage.

It didn’t take long for Windstriker to encounter another odd sight. This time, it was a large wooden cabin, the place seemed abandoned, a sign out front clearly read, "temporarily moved to Gobbotopia, be back in three weeks". Windstriker circled the cabin a bit, examining it closer. As he circled out behind it, Windstriker jumped as he stood face to face with at least a hundred reptilian heads, there eyes were all closed, and they inhaled slowly. It was such an odd sight... so why couldn’t he take his eyes off them?

Windstriker found himself enticed by the sleeping creatures, a quick examination revealed them to be the many heads of a single hydra, each one as beautiful as the last. Windstriker lay himself down next to the hydra's body; he would wait for this majestic creature to wake up, so that he may introduce himself.

Probably an epic fail, but its an ON TOPIC epic phail
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-03-18 at 08:48 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #473

Wow, I haven't posted here in forever. I'm going to drop the 'reply to everyone' thing for now and just say that I'm glad that Lycan is back.

Anywho, who would be interested in reading something that didn't include V/RC or V/B but a different Vaarsuvius pairing? I'm thinking of something, but it's still in it's 'sketchy' phases...

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

24. - Top - End - #474

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    Wow, I haven't posted here in forever. I'm going to drop the 'reply to everyone' thing for now and just say that I'm glad that Lycan is back.

Anywho, who would be interested in reading something that didn't include V/RC or V/B but a different Vaarsuvius pairing? I'm thinking of something, but it's still in it's 'sketchy' phases...
    *Glomps* Water-Smurf!!!

Of course we are!

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    *cough* Village bike.

Of course I'd read it! Do we get to know who the other person is?
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-03-19 at 01:58 AM.
    DeviantArt

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

*cough* Village bike.

well, she IS her mothers daughter

and incidentally...

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-03-19 at 04:39 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Liked it, Gicko. Was funny. XD
    (And i was TOTALLY ontopic. D'ya not see the shipping at the end?

28. - Top - End - #478

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show

A few seats away, Daigo and Kazumi looked at each other in horror, simultaneously mouthed, "Illegal?" then pulled out their cellphones and began tapping at them furiously.

Sabine smirked and said, "Belkar can do a double backflip and comes up to my waist. It wasn't exactly a hard decision to make."

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!!!! *falls over laughing*

My tummy still hurts. That was so funny! Great work Coffee.
    Your local Cleric.

Cleric of the Murphy's Law Thread
    (yes, that is possible)

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I'm still trying to figure out how to get V/Aandy to work. I thought I may as well make a start.

Spoiler
    Show

It was late in the afternoon, and the sun was starting to descend. The light that poured in through the westernmost window of Aarindarius’ study was tinged pink, and cast long shadows from the bookcases, but still bright enough to read by. The wizard himself was sat on the sofa, one foot resting one the opposite knee, his attention firmly lost in the book he was holding. His long, wispy hair was trailing over the back of the seat, and seemed to glow against the light from the window.

At the opposite end of the sofa, his apprentice sat in a similar pose. There was a book in her hands too, but it was quickly clear that reading it was not priority. Every few minutes she would glance up at the older elf and her eyes would trace the outline of his face as though memorising it. A moment later she would look down at the book again - and would manage to read perhaps a page or two - but eventually her attention would be drawn away once more.

If the older wizard noticed, he made no indication. Apart from the occasional rustle of a page being turned, all was silent.

Finally, it was Aarindarius who broke the still. He closed the book and stretched slightly, before rising to his feet and edging around the side of the sofa, heading for the stairs. He stopped when a voice piped up behind him, and turned.

“Where are you going?”

The younger elf was sitting up, peering over the back of the sofa with a vaguely eager air. The book she had been reading was now laying face-down on the floor, forgotten.

“I have work to attend to in my study” he said, and then gave the open tome a purposeful look “Please don’t leave books like that.”

His apprentice picked the book up hurriedly and then scrambled to her feet. “Can I be of assistance?”

At that Aarindarius gave a tired smile. “Vaarsuvius, you haven’t even enquired as to what I’m working on. I’d really prefer if you continued with the reading work I’ve assigned you.” The apprentice glanced down guiltily at the book in her arms, frowning, and Aarindarius turned back towards the stairs. Vaarsuvius watched as his red robes disappeared up the staircase and out of view.

Reluctantly the apprentice returned to sofa, curling up against the cushions and opening the book again. The heavy, narrow font was as unyielding as ever, and after re-reading the page three times without taking in a word, Vaarsuvius gave up.

The stairs to Aarindarius’s study were carpeted, and Vaarsuvius’ soft shoes made no noise as she wound her way up to the top floor of the tower. The door was light wood and well used, and she opened it the first fraction of an inch without making a sound. Slowly, carefully, she pushed it wide enough to slip through into the stairwell, and edged up the steps until she could see into the room.

Aarindarius was sitting at his desk, partially turned away from the stairs, and his head was bent over whatever he was writing. Vaarsuvius watched intently, and a slight thrill of excitement leapt in her chest at the thought that he didn’t know she was there.

The wizard suddenly moved, and the apprentice ducked down, her breath catching. For a minute she remained frozen, hardly daring to breathe - but when she worked up the courage to look again she saw he had only been reaching across for a different quill. Still breathless, Vaarsuvius settled down on the steps with a rather ecstatic grin spreading across her face. Aarindarius remained oblivious.

She happily watched him for a while, and when it seem as though he wasn’t going to do anything else she opened the book she was meant to be reading. After another glance towards the desk, she focused her attention once more on the words in front of her. For whatever reason she now found she could focus on her task.

As usual, once she got into it the book proved interesting and perfectly comprehendible, and she quickly made up for lost time. In fact, she was so engrossed in an essay on the implications of Charm spells that she forgot her initial reason for coming up to the study.

“Vaarsuvius?”

The young elf visibly jumped as Aarindarius loomed into view, the book slipping from her hands. Heart leaping, she stood up from where she had been huddled out of view, and gave Aarindarius a nervous smile that ended up as more of a grimace.

The older wizard frowned and shifted uncomfortably, his eyes fixed questioningly on his apprentice. “…Did you need help with something?”

“N-no… the light up here is better suited to reading.”

Aarindarius nodded slowly, still staring. When it was apparent that he wasn’t going to say anything further, Vaarsuvius stooped to pick up the dropped book, holding it up as though as proof.

“I think I shall go to my room to finish reading.” She mumbled, and keeping the fixed expression as she backed down the stairs. Once the door was shut behind her, the grimace turned into a real – albeit nervous smile.

Oh, that had been fun. And she’d almost been caught; she’d have to be more careful in future. Vaarsuvius paused for a moment to consider where this line of thought was going. Aarindarius… he was fascinating, really, in a way that had come to light slowly but surely. Further observation would be crucial in helping to sort out these feelings, provided she remained undetected.

Or maybe she actually wanted him to catch her spying on him.

Still chewing over that though, she reached the door of her bedroom and wandered inside, absentmindedly bolting the door behind her. A wave of one small hand later and the surroundings were illuminated by four points of light, bobbing out of reach above her head. The room was a reasonable size; about the same as the other guest room, but in place of a second bed was a large desk, currently littered with parchment and books. Shelves lined the flat wall, covered in keepsakes, clutter, and more books - some of them journals altogether filled with of over half a century’s worth of lesson notes. The floor was partially covered in scrunched up parchment and discarded clothes: the marks of both long term residence and typical adolescence.

Vaarsuvius chucked the book onto the desk, scattering some recent work, and flopped down onto the bed. Made of solid, heavy wood, it and obviously hadn’t been moved for years, if ever. It was pushed into the corner against the outer wall, leaving a small gap where the stonework curved; Vaarsuvius reached down here, searched around blindly, and then pulled out another journal. This one did not contain notes on anything relating to the arcane, but recently Vaarsuvius might have prized its contents just as highly.

Vaarsuvius grabbed a quill and a bottle of ink, and settled cross-legged on the blankets. As lights gathered above her at the ceiling, she turned to the most recent page and wrote:

I begin to wonder if I am not becoming a little bit obsessive.

Then, pausing only to re-ink the pen, she continued.

I find it increasingly difficult to concentrate on my studies when I am not under his attention. It is almost as if I have lost the will to do anything without the intent for him to notice, and yet I am sure he does not realise what he means to me. Even I myself am unsure; I have only ever felt this enthusiasm - this feeling of wanting - with regards to magic, and even then it is not quite the same. I watched him today without him knowing – a new low, I wonder, or a new high? Either way, I will do it again. I keep trancing about him – certainly nothing unexpected given that I’ve spent most of my life under his tuition – but the memories my mind chooses to focus on seem solely those of affection. Affection which I suspect my subconscious mind chooses to misconstrue.

Vaarsuvius truly did pause here, as though preparing to make a leap.

Maybe this is only lust? I’ve thought I’ve imagined
    I find my mind keeps returning to ideas which make for a certain amount of social discomfort. I try to avoid eye contact at such times.

Vaarsuvius sat back and re-read what she’d written, waiting for the ink to dry. Out of curiosity, she carefully flipped back a few pages:

…smiles at me…

…remembered the time when…

… seems I have come to take for granted what I’ve always had. It has taken me this long to realise that Aarindarius is more than a teacher to me. Maybe he is the one thing I would prize over my current knowledge of the arcane arts. I do not know why I have come to this conclusion so suddenly, but I cannot help but feel I must act on it in some way.

Well, that had been the start of it.

Vaarsuvius closed the journal and tucked it down the side of the bed, and then returned the ink and quill back to the desk. She slipped out of her robes, and folded them loosely into a pile before burrowing under the blankets and sheets. A lot to think about. She waved the lights out of existence and then folded her arms behind her head, gazing up at the shadow of the ceiling.

So many memories.

-
    Vaarsuvius sat attentively on the sofa; legs crossed loosely, her chin resting in the palm of one hand. Beside her Aarindarius sat holding a book, although it was currently closed and one of his hands was resting gently on the leather cover. It was late afternoon, and at his apprentice’s insistence the older wizard was testing her on the previous week’s lessons.

“How far can one see and hear on the Ethereal Plane?”

Vaarsuvius’ attention was wandering. Her eyes kept being drawn to the hand resting on the book, pale, the fingers slender and tapered. Very much like her own hands, only hers were smaller.

“Sixty feet.” She answered easily, glancing up to see her teacher smile.

She didn’t really need his help revising, of course, but if she hadn’t asked he would only have disappeared into his study or picked up a book to read. She liked talking to him, especially since at times like this he was likely to have some interesting fact, or an anecdote about using a particular spell back when he was an adventurer; she just wished she herself could use some of those higher level spells. Especially the Evocation.

One day, she was going to be just as clever and powerful as Master Aarindarius was.

“Hmm.” The older wizard watched the child lean forward, eager for the next question. “And if you wanted to transport someone else to the Ethereal Plane with you?”

“Etherealness!”

“Very good! I don’t even remember covering ninth level spells.” He raised an eyebrow questioningly, smiling again as his apprentice blushed.

“You mentioned it, so I looked up the spell while I was reading about Transmutation. If that’s okay.”

He ruffled the young elf’s hair affectionately. “Suvie, you’re doing fine. I’m simply impressed by how much initiative you take over your studies.” Vaarsuvius practically beamed.

For a moment Master Aarindarius smiled down at his apprentice contemplatively, and then raised his head to stare across the room, lost in thought.

“I remember one time that spell saved me and a friend from what could have otherwise been a terrible stick. We’d been in a dungeon crawl for a few days, and we came across a corridor with mirrors covering the walls and floor….”

Vaarsuvius settled down to listen to the story, letting the words drift over her and flow into cohesion. She decided then that she was going to stay with Master Aarindarius forever.

Thoughts? Criticism? Ideas?

(Particually, I'm trying to think up ways for V to start pestering Aandy.)
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-03-19 at 07:06 PM.
    DeviantArt

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

I love it. V/Aandy is SO cute.