New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: A Thread in Which Banter Most Random is Expulsed Into Existence, By Ravens_cry #1

I have no major quarrel with beaches (though sand between my toes bugs me), but I'm a vegetarian and uncooked meat makes me very, very queasy sometimes.
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

2. - Top - End - #1022

Default Re: A Thread in Which Banter Most Random is Expulsed Into Existence, By Ravens_cry #1

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But what kind of ice cream did he get you?
    I got a scoop of peppermint and a scoop of grapefruit sorbet, in a cup. It was delicious.
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Barbarian in the Playground

I got results for my compsci AP test just now. A 2.

Fffffffffff.
    "I am the very model of a scientist Salarian,
    I've studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian,
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
    Because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology!
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian!"

Don't play League of Legends? Want to?

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    In my dream I pass the exams. its me.
    and THEN the big proctor comes. for a little you-didnt-fail

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    Don't worry, it's not going to change the outcome of her rapport card.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpina View Post
    I have no major quarrel with beaches (though sand between my toes bugs me), but I'm a vegetarian and uncooked meat makes me very, very queasy sometimes.
    Why? The sight? The smell?

Also, you really should try barbecued vegetables sometime. Or at least properly grilled ones.

Hmm. Peppermint and Grapefruit melting together... If you say so, Cycoris.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpina View Post
    So what if you're a vegetarian? I have access to veggie burgers and veggie dogs that are actually very tasty. We'll have a veggie BBQ!

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Troll in the Playground

Lillith: How do you survive that job? And more to the point, people like that. I don't know how you have the patience >_> I suggest Eadin's idea, possibly combined with actually dropping the kid into a pit deep below Moria. That bit might be a little difficult to arrange, though.

Oh, and since everyone seems to be offering help: If anyone needs help with Japanese (strictly help with existing work or actual questions, not "teach me", since I'm the worst teacher ever) or wants stuff translated, let me know
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Troll in the Playground

Just got back from seeing Toy Story 3.

...;w; My goodness that was a good movie. Nearly cried right at the end.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    I got results for my compsci AP test just now. A 2.

Fffffffffff.
    On the subject of AP tests... I got a 4 on both US History and English Lang/Comp. Woo!

10. - Top - End - #1030

Methinks perhaps you need to sit a moment and consider tact.
    "I am the very model of a scientist Salarian,
    I've studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian,
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
    Because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology!
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian!"

Don't play League of Legends? Want to?

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Banned

I got a 1 on the programming exam. A 4 and a 4 on the calc/physics exams.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

I got A 4 on the printer.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    That was terrible. You Audi take that back.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

14. - Top - End - #1034

I got a 5 on Euro history last year. Wait, you mean that this year's AP test results are back? Where?

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Superglucose View Post
    So what if you're a vegetarian? I have access to veggie burgers and veggie dogs that are actually very tasty. We'll have a veggie BBQ!
    My favourite Veggie Burgers are the ones that are not ashamed of thier meatless status and do no try to pretend to be meat, but an excellent tasting patty in their own right. Like these.
    When I want meat, I want meat, not some spun soy fibres dipped in oxo cube juice.
    But hey, each to their own. I am a proud omnivore, food of all kinds is a joy for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    That was terrible. You Audi take that back.
    This is why they are our leaders.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground

I've gotten a 5 on a major test in high school. Showed the grade to the people at college and they gave me credit for a course for it. Same goes for a few 3s I got on other major high school tests... 12 college credits for those grades. (I was real sick the week I got those 3s. If I wasn't hacking my lungs out, I'm sure I could've gotten another point or two...)
    Last edited by Thajocoth; 2010-07-08 at 10:56 PM.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

18. - Top - End - #1038

Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    I've gotten a 5 on a major test in high school. Showed the grade to the people at college and they gave me credit for a course for it. Same goes for a few 3s I got on other major high school tests... 12 college credits for those grades. (I was real sick the week I got those 3s. If I wasn't hacking my lungs out, I'm sure I could've gotten another point or two...)
    Ugh, I sympathize. I had a huge math test and english project last year right after I was out sick for a week and nearly hospitalized from swine flu. I did horribly on both and I ended up getting Bs for the final quarter in both and it brought my average down to a 90 in both classes when I should have done much better. And I had an SAT2 in chemistry a week later and I think I lost about 20 points because of it.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Ugh, I sympathize. I had a huge math test and english project last year right after I was out sick for a week and nearly hospitalized from swine flu. I did horribly on both and I ended up getting Bs for the final quarter in both and it brought my average down to a 90 in both classes when I should have done much better. And I had an SAT2 in chemistry a week later and I think I lost about 20 points because of it.
    I'm lucky they let me bring a thermos of hot tea to the AP exams. The person checking people's thermoses for Vodka by pouring on his arm and smelling is lucky that he trusted me that I had tea.
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

20. - Top - End - #1040

I'm lucky they let me bring a thermos of hot tea to the AP exams. The person checking people's thermoses for Vodka by pouring on his arm and smelling is lucky that he trusted me that I had tea.
    Wait, you could bring a thermos to AP exams in your school? In my school we could only bring a bottle of water with no label.

Also, it's true that you start hallucinating with a high enough fever.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Rutskatar 3.0 is officially in the trial/tweaking/demo stage. Now is the time to tell me you hate it, to no effect.

EDIT: Well, I've seen it in the sunlight now, and the error log is as follows.

1.) Background's too orange.

2.) Head's too damn small.

3.) CHANGE

I'll get to work on 1.) and 2.) presentlike.

EDIT 2: That's a little better. I'll tighten up a few little details later.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2010-07-08 at 11:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, you could bring a thermos to AP exams in your school? In my school we could only bring a bottle of water with no label.
    No, we couldn't, but they let me anyway because I needed it. One person was kicked out because their "water" was vodka.

23. - Top - End - #1043

Yeah,this is definitely true. Probably the weirdest experience in my life was when I had a fever of about 104-105 and started hallucinating in my room.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nomrom View Post
    Yeah,this is definitely true. Probably the weirdest experience in my life was when I had a fever of about 104-105 and started hallucinating in my room.
    Really? Real life can get so much weirder.

Definitely. It's very fun. And by fun, I mean horrifying in several different ways. Afterwards, it's amusing though.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #1045

NecromancerGuy

No, we couldn't, but they let me anyway because I needed it. One person was kicked out because their "water" was vodka.
    SO STUPID. I hate it when people do things like that.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Two questions spring to mind. Why on earth would you do that and what is so problematic about vodka (I mean, taking it to a text is stupid, but it is hardly performance enhancing)?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Superglucose View Post
    I got a 1 on the programming exam. A 4 and a 4 on the cat/physics exams.
    How bad is it that I read it likes this?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

28. - Top - End - #1048

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Rutskatar 3.0 is officially in the trial/tweaking/demo stage. Now is the time to tell me you hate it, to no effect.
    I ha- Oh. Well, if it won't do anything, then bah.

Though the eyes stare into my soul.

29. - Top - End - #1049

NecromancerGuy

Two questions spring to mind. Why on earth would you do that and what is so problematic about vodka (I mean, taking it to a text is stupid, but it is hardly performance enhancing)?
    I guess just fairness. No performance altering at all.

No spiking other people with vodka they thought was water to get them to do worse. That sorta thing?

*shrug* Some people claim they do better if they test with a little bit of alcohol in their system. I don't buy it. Is silly. But might help partially self-medicate test anxiety in a bad way.
    Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #1050

I just got a certificate from the university i go to, saying i made the deans list.

w00t w00t for good grades!