New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside V

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Erin's Emporium - Timeline 2]

The light in Sizewell's eyes glows a little brighter. Those who know him recognize it as the closest he gets to a smile.
    "I Believe They Could Be Called Such, Yes."
    [Erin's Emporium - Timeline 2]

Mimi giggles a bit more. "That's kinda like in my village when the girl couples or boy couples take care of kids who don't have parents." A thought strikes her. "Wait, you said creates. How's that work?"

Suddenly the pixie is distracted by something shooting through the ceiling. "What happened?" She looks around wildly, ready to maul anything that might threaten Riss or Misha. She looks puzzled to not find any threats, however.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-03-23 at 10:46 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Erin's Emporium, TL2]

"Well," Crissy answers Misha first, "I suppose you could, the same as if you were using compressed air - but it doesn't provide the same power as, like, an explosive does, and it's limited before you would have to get a new tank of water. Also, using normal bullets would totally be contraindicated for crowd control, you only want the wave of water," she explains, before looking back to Riss with an apologetic look.

"I'm...not really, like, totally up on the technical details. There is an immense gravity field, though, but it's contained electomagnetically. I think. The tech is from the 34th century of the dimension it originated in though, so it's so totally super high-tech." And her Valley Girl accent is slipping out once more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Erin's Emporium, TL2]

Riss still wasn't completely certain she was comfortable with Misha's almost casual disregard for how things were supposed to work when her element was brought into play but it was certainly overshadowed by the little thrill she had whenever the nereid started thinking out of the box. Riss was certain that there were some laws that still had to be followed but there was a small, nearly childish part of her that was gleeful over the fact that something worked regardless of how.

And that was when she had the idea of a miniature hydroelectric plant to power a system. I'd better save this idea till later but I think we'll be downright dangerous once we start putting our heads together on things.

Still, that said, Crissy's answer was.. Well, she was certain that electromagnetics did not work that way but she wasn't about to point that out. She had said this wasn't her area of expertise after all. "Um.. Well in that case, Could I, maybe, have a moment to examine it?" the muse asked. She had gotten as far as she could with just questions and all that chatter had been a bit tiring although admittedly a bit fun too.

If permitted to handle it, then no sooner than the muse began looking it over would the device quite suddenly fly out of her hands and proceed upwards at an incredible speed; taking with it a nonnegligable portion of the ceiling. Those with the proper visual acuity or otherwise the ability to take note would see that the moon would find itself missing a small mountain off it's surface not too long afterwards. Of course, the real story was that inertia apparently remembered what it was supposed to be doing and the device simply stayed where it was while the planet zoomed away through space but it would take a larger frame of reference to figure that part out.

Still, gentle reminders to the laws of physics aside, Riss would be understandably shocked about this turn of events.
    Erin's Emporium - TL2

When the gun leaps from the muse's hands and into the sky, Misha's first reaction is to swing her arm over Riss' head and shed a thin layer of water from the back of her arm, visibly thinning the limb as its mass decreases. The water hangs over their heads, forming a very thin sheet that she concentrates on making as dense as possible. When the debris from the hole in the roof falls, it should be caught in this sheet and stay on the surface of it because of the much increased surface tension.

"The riffle jumped. Is it... is it supposed to jump?" That just completely shocked her out of whatever crazy physics-shenaniganry she was about to attempt, so... that's something?

She rubs her twig-thin wrist as the water net slowly tilts and lets the debris fall off onto a bare patch of floor nearby before folding into a stream and returning to her hand. Expelling all that mass at once was not pleasant, and it left her arm feeling weak and frail.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Troll in the Playground

I Dream of Jeans

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    I Dream of Jeans

The monkey taps it's skull thoughtfully until it suddenly snaps it's long fingers. "I know cloth just like that." It turns to look at Ilpohlin again. "But it really special clothing. Only for special customers. Are you... special?"

Cessie gives the monkey and Ilpholin an odd glance. What in the world where they doing? Oh well. She turns back to the cloth stands to show Darcy. "I was thinking buying some jeans. That's not really me." She says while moving around the clothes. Darcy might note that while there are ordinary blue jeans there are also types of strange colors and materials. Some that looks like they were made of stone, fire or even ice. The material still feel like cloth however. "Maybe a long sleeved shirt too." She looks over the clothes. "This might sound strange, but I don't really want to wear the same type of clothes as everyone else. I want something unique." She says while picking out a pair of white jeans that looks like they were made of marble. "Back in Hestopia I looked just like everyone else but here I look quite different. I don't want to feel like I'm confirming to this worlds style you know? But yet... I think I'm actually ready for something new." That sounds very vague.

"You could try doing something different with your hair. It's so long and pretty, I'm sure you could do something fun and unusual with it," Darcy suggests.

Coffee Place

Quote Originally Posted by blackouttwo View Post
    Arthur makes a good-natured 'psh' noise. "I'm not a snob. I just prefer coffee the way it's supposed to be. But I guess I can overlook certain details like your taste in coffee. After all, I get street cred for having Black Maul as a girlfriend. There's perks there." Seems he's stopped caring about that little detail, if he's using it for jokes.

"Perks, huh. No pun intended?"
    Willow says, with a half groan. "Nobody even know who she is. I'd still need to make a name for myself before that gets you any cred."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground

I Dream of Jeans

"Ummm... yes. All of us here are very special costumers." Ilpholin says. She considers them special anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Bugbear in the Playground

I Dream of Jeans

"Oh." The sorceress states thoughtfully. "You know, I never though about that but that sounds like a really good idea. Thanks Darcy." Cessie says with a smile. She had never actually considered doing anything special with her hair, she had just wanted it to be neat and finely combed every day.

At the counter the monkey seem to consider Ilpholin's claim for a moment. "Okay, you special enough I guess. Let me get it for you." The monkey then stares out into the distance a moment until it's eyes suddenly turns black and it collapses dead on the counter.

It truly is dead considering it clearly have stopped breathing. But before Ilpholin (or anyone else in the room) have a real chance to take in what just happened something frees itself from the body of the fallen animal.

It's a semi-transparent skeletal dragon-like creature with a ominous green aura glowing around it. The specter quickly takes off and flies into what appears to be the employers section of the store.

It soon returns however carrying a red dress-like cloth. It drops it at the counter and then flies into the dead monkeys body once again which immediately opens it's red glowing eyes again and gets up as if nothing had happened. "There! See what I found!" It exclaims happily.

The dress in question isn't really a dress at all at closer inspection. It looks more like a heavily modified scale armor made of red scales finely woven together. The arms are long much like Cessie's dresses but there is where the likeness to her ordinary clothes ends. The dress is cut in such a way it shows off the right tight of the wearer (while giving her some more mobility) and the rest of the dress only reaches the knees. If Ilpholin decides to feel the inside of it, she might note that the inside of the dress is in fact a suit with holes for the legs at the bottom. This suit, much like her old cat-suit seems to be intentionally designed to push up and out the chest and the rear as much as possible.

"It's dragonscale. Dragons like that." The monkey says proudly.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Troll in the Playground

I Dream of Jeans

By this time, Darcy has one of her silver daggers in her hand and is trying to push Ilpholin behind her, like the barbarian that she is.

That thing really spooked her.

Let's hope no silver starts glowing.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

I Dream of Jeans

Admittedly, it is startling, and Ilphy does even give out a short yelp of surprise. Both when ghosts start flying around and Darcy starts shoving Ilphy behind her.

No silver glows because of Ilpholin. This one is completely demon free.
    "Umm... I think it's trying to help." She says in non-monkey. Though Ilpholin isn't sure if Harnel would find Cessie hot in dragonscale or offensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Bugbear in the Playground

I Dream of Jeans

That is the question isn't it? Cessie looks rather started as well, having already shielded herself, but as the monkey just sits there without making any threatening moves, she realizes it probably isn't dangerous.

The monkey just sits there, looking rather confused. It isn't making Darcy's dagger shine either. "They come in blue, yellow and green too." It mumbles.

"Eh... I think Ilpholin is telling the truth Darcy. It probably isn't dangerous." The sorceress says. She can't blame her for being careful though. There should be warning signs for that.

9. - Top - End - #1359

Fountain

Hildur is sitting at the fountain, looking at the multi-colored water while waiting for her new friend to show up.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fountain]
    Thryza arrives, waving to the snowboarder with a smile. Hey, there you are!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1361

Fountain

Hildur smiles back and waves at Thyrza. "Hey yourself."

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fountain]
    How've you been? Anything happen?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1363

Fountain

"I've been good, nothing much has happened, figured I'd come here to look for any athletic shops. And to see you again, of course." She stands up. "What about you?"

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fountain]
    Nothing much with me, really, just cme here to see you and stuff. She shrugs, smiling.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1365

Fountain

"Just to see me?" Hildur grins a little. "Nothing else you want to look for around here?"

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fountain]
    Well, I mean, not juuust to see you, I mean there's stuff here and all... She toys with her hair a little, flushing a wee bit.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1367

Fountain

Hildur giggles at that. "Anything in particular? I've never been here before, so we could look for it together."

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

Not really, I'd be happy to just tag along with you and see what we find that way.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1369

Fountain

Hildur nods. "In that case, would you like to lead the way?"

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fountain > Stores]
    Thryza nods, leading her toward the first athletic shop she sees.
    Well, there's one! Let's go there.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1371

Some Athletic Store

"Great! Come on," Hildur says, as she tries to grab Thyrza's arm to bring her along inside the store.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rawberry Sportscake]
    Perhaps the most bewildering sport store name ever. Thryza looks around, eyeing some of the sportwear and water bottles interestedly.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1373

Rawberry Sportscake

Hildur doesn't much care about the name of the store. she looks around a bit as well, but she knows what she's looking for. "Let's see, I should probably get a new pair of goggles as well..." she's starting to mutter.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rawberry Sportscake]
    Thryza picks up a water bottle, a purple one of Nalgene make, and a pack of sports bras for good measure.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1375

Rawberry Sportscake

Hildur quickly finds what she's looking for, and gets a pair of goggles that have a darkened lens. She looks through the snowboards for a few moments, getting a little frustrated. "Do they not have the type I use here?"

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ogre in the Playground

[RAWBERRY SPORTSCAKE!]
    Thryza comes over. What sort do you use, Hildur?
    She doesn't know much about snowboards, so she's not sure about these types and stuff.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1377

Rawberry Sportscake

"The ones I use are special, they have magnets where the bootstraps would go. Allows for better tricks," Hildur says. She keeps looking through the collection of snowboards before sighing in relief upon seeing the last one on the line.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's - TL2]

Crissy does, indeed, hand over the Strohl Munitions G/G pistol to Riss, only to jump back with a squeak as the weapon decided that the best way to obey the laws of physics was to blatantly disobey them!

"Um...oh...er...no?" the Valley Girl half-elf stutters out, barely managing not to faint, although she is significantly paler than she was before. "No, that really wasn't, like, totally at all." And now she's giving Riss a look that indicates the muse is firmly in the 'dangerous person' category!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Rawberry Sportscake

"The ones I use are special, they have magnets where the bootstraps would go. Allows for better tricks," Hildur says. She keeps looking through the collection of snowboards before sighing in relief upon seeing the last one on the line.
    Oh, wow, that's awesome! She smiles as she sees Hildur relax, assuming she's found her super awesome snowboard.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1380

Rawberry Sportscake

"Yeah, it lets you do some crazy stuff if you're good," Hildur says as she grabs the super-duper snowboard, which is just a plain white color. "Well, I've got what I need. You ready to go?"