New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 35 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default WW Classic XIV - Tea Strainers of Terror!

WEREWOLF CLASSIC XIV – TEA STRAINERS OF TERROR!

Co-narrator - TigerFang!

After Huxley Moon waxed Aunt Gladys to within an inch of her hirsute life and reclaimed Moon Mansion for the non-lupines, things should have been over for good. But the Moons have never found it easy to agree on anything, and the surviving brothers, aunties, and cousins settled down to a protracted loop of legal wrangling and interfamily arguments, i.e. the things every Moon loves most. With no end in sight, Moon Mansion stands empty and abandoned, Old Man Moons fortune still hidden away in the dusty old attic.

Then Old Man Moon’s oldest friend, Sir Chumleigh Bogsnorkler-Claypigeon, steps in. The old army general calls the remaining family members to Castle Gloom, his ancient and looming abode nestled in the delightfully named Death Mountains, promising to sort out the convoluted mess.

So, on 21st October, the family congregate at the castle, each of them hoping that the senile old gent will approve them as the new owner of the estate. Sir Bogsnorkler-Claypigeon dodders out to meet them, helped by his dour-looking attendant Perkins, and wrapped in a massive fluffy pink duffel coat. While the ex-general looks good for one hundred and eight, it soon becomes clear he has at least three screws loose, and probably a few structural girders too.

“I say, what are all these people doing here?”
    “They’re the Moons, sir. You asked them to come here, remember? Arthur Moon died some time ago.”
    “He did? Well that would explain why he hasn’t answered any of my letters. Good riddance to the old coot, that’s what I say!”
    “He was your best friend sir! You fought in all four world wars together!”
    “Of course! Loved the man, a king amongst men! Anyone that says otherwise deserves a thrashing, what!”
    “...Indeed sir.”
    “Damn straight…who are you again?”

Perkins sighs and turns to the confused relatives.

“I’m sorry about this ladies and gentlemen. The master is a very old man, and while his mind is still strong, sometimes his wits go on an extended vacation. How long have they been away this time, Sir Chumleigh?”
    “A bacon tricycle or more I should think.”
    “Quite. Do you still have the letter sir?”

The old man ruffles around within the depths of his big pink coat, and eventually clutches a yellowing envelope in his gnarled, shaking hand.

“Found it! Blueprints for a bacon tricycle, of that I have no doubt!”
    “I’m afraid such a vehicle doesn’t exist sir.”
    “Pity. I’d love a bacon tricycle. Or custard trousers, I’m not fussy.”

Perkins rolls his eyes and shows the Moons the letter. Old Man Moons spidery handwriting can be clearly seen across front.

“Arthur Moon sent this to the master a long time ago, ten years or more. Inside are instructions regarding the division of his estate, in the event of his untimely demise.”
    “But we’ve done this before! What was that charlatan of a solicitor Mr Grey doing back at the manor if not this exact thing?”
    “Far be it for me to say sirs, but I would surmise that Old Man Moon forgot he ever sent this letter. He was even worse than Sir Chumleigh at the end, so I hear.”
    “That’s true enough, I distinctly remember him shouting about frogs on the rug, and that the toilet kept talking to him.”
    “Hey, I bought him that Talky-Toilet for his 100th birthday, the old coot was delighted!”
    “Never mind that. The letter if you please, my good man.”

Perkins nods and slices open the letter. A slight widening of the eyes is all the emotion he shows as he reads.

“Well I say, this is most unusual!”
    “Out with it man!”
    “Yes, out with it! My bladder is not capable of withstanding this level of suspense for much longer!”
    “Very well. This letter sets out the method that should be used to decide the inheritors of Old Man Moons Estate. The method seems to revolve around these.”

Perkins pulls out a small loop of tape with several coarse dark hairs attached to it.

“The hairs of a werewolf, if this letter is to be believed. I am to prepare a drink for all of you in the dining room, and drop one of these hairs at random into some of the drinks. Anyone who swallows one of the hairs will become a werewolf!”
    “Ridiculous!”
    “I’m hairy enough already!”
    “You think you’ve got it bad? Have you ever seen my back?”
    “There’s more. Once every drink has been consumed, you are all to stay here at Castle Gloom until either the werewolves have been hung until dead, or they have slaughtered every non-lycanthropic claimant to the inheritance!”
    “What a silly idea! How about if we refuse to go along with this nonsense?”

Perkins scans further down the letter until he finds the correct passage.

“Well, it says here that if Arthur Moon’s dying wishes are not upheld, his fortune and estate will be left to…the commoners!”
    “No!”
    “Tosh!”
    “Piffle!”
    “Aardvarks!”
    “Well done for joining in Sir Chumleigh. Jolly good show!”

Huxley Moon steps forward, and the rest of the Moons immediately go quiet. Of all the family, only Huxley has the clout and authority to control them for even five seconds so he can have his say. The old inventor saved the family from Aunt Gladys and her hairy offspring last time with his jury-rigged fire extinguishers and silver-coated waxing strips, and earnt the respect of the whole clan.

“It appears to me that we have no choice. I think I speak for all of us when I say that I would rather die at the hands of a rabid werewolf with a tea strainer than see our family’s estate fall into the grubby hands of the great unwashed!”
    “Here here!”
    “Well said that Moon!”
    “Did you have to mention the tea strainer again Huxley? I still have nightmares…”

Perkins smiles and turns back to Sir Bogsnorkler-Claypigeon, who seems to have completely lost track of proceedings.

“Would you like to welcome our guests to the castle Sir Chumleigh?”
    “Guests? I didn’t want guests I wanted custard trousers! Who are these people?”

Perkins sighs and starts to lead the old man inside, beckoning for the rest to follow.

“You’d best come in or else we’ll be looping like this all day. Sometimes Sir Chumleigh has bad days. Most of the time he has very bad days. Huxley…do you think you could invent some custard trousers, maybe? Just to keep the master happy?”
    “Sorry my good man, I’ve tried many times and it’s quite impossible!”
    “Pity. They would have gone wonderfully with his candy floss duffel coat…”

Welcome to Werewolf Classic, the original WW game brought to the playground by DM77. Narration duties for this iteration fall squarely on my shoulders. In other words, if the game works well it's not my game, and if things go badly it's all my fault.

For those who don’t know the rules/roles:

Roles
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Good Guys

You win by killing all the Werewolves and the Devil…simple huh?

Villager: You are a villager, a simple member of the Moon clan. Boy I wouldn’t wanna be you. You vote during the day to try and lynch the wolves, and at night you’re liable to get horribly slaughtered…good deal!

Mason: Led by the indomitable Huxley Moon, you’re just a group of family members that know each other well. That doesn’t seem like much of a bonus, but it’s useful to have a trusted group of people around you so you don’t have to sleep with one eye open.

Seer: You’re the guy or girl with the Magic 8 Ball that lets you see into the shrivelled dead hearts of others. Each night you can PM the narrator with a target to scry their role, Villager, Fool or Werewolf. The werewolves aren’t too pleased about that possibility, so you’re likely to be a target for them. If you scry the Devil they’ll come up as a Werewolf.

Fool: You’re so clueless it’s almost cute. You get told you’re the Seer, so you can send in a scry every night to the narrator, but your 8 Ball is so busted you’ll get a completely random result. If you scry the Seer, he’ll always be the Fool to you.

Baner: Well aint you a lucky camper, you got yourself a rabbits foot and some wolfs bane! Didn’t turn out too lucky for the rabbit though…best not to think about that. Each night you can PM the narrator with a person you want to protect, including yourself. That night, if the werewolves come knocking they’ll go away empty handed.

The Bad Guys

You win by reducing the amount of villagers until they equal your own. They taste delicious, so you should have fun trying if nothing else!

Werewolf: Aren’t these sheep just the tastiest things? During the day you wear their skin, walking, talking and voting just like regular folks. At night you turn into a crazed killing machine. As a group the wolves should send a PM to the narrator stating which unlucky villager is going to be their next meal, and they’ll be dead come morning.

Devil: You don’t have a Magic 8 Ball. But you do have a second sight which lets you look into the hearts of others, which is even better! You can scry at night just like the Seer, but even more specifically so you’ll get that players exact role. Your first priority should probably be finding your fellow werewolves as you don’t start off knowing who they are. And we wouldn’t want them eating you by accident would we?

Additional rules:
    Spoiler
    Show

Autolynches: If you want to play the game, you’d best be sure you can consistently participate. If you don’t vote for two day phases you will be killed in the update in a humorous or horrible way, depending on the narrator’s mood. I’m not one for sending out warning PM’s, so ideally you should be able to check the thread at least every couple of days.

Away Messages: Some of you lucky people might have holidays planned. That’s fine; just post in thread or PM the narrator saying when you’ll be away. That way you won’t get autolynched, though some guy with a sense of humour might get you lynched anyway. Thems the breaks I guess.

Day/Night Phases: Day phases will last a 48-72 hours, and Nights 24-48. My advice is to get your actions in early so you don’t lose them.

Helgraf’s Scry Interference Rule is in play. Basically, if more than one scrier targets the same player during a night phase, neither gets a reading. See, way simpler than it sounds.

Role Claiming: Go ahead, there’s no rule against it. Using role PM’s to prove yourself is bad form though, and will result in you being horribly slaughtered.

Day 16 is underway and will end on Thursday...maybe

Surviving Moon's - 8/44

{table=head]#|Player|Deaded?|Role
    1| 52.5 Lemons|Day 2|Devil
    2| Alarra
    3| Andre Fairchilde|Day 3|Villager
    4| Atreyu|Night 12|Mason
    5| Billtodamax|Night 3|Mason
    6| Bladescape|Night 9|Villager
    7| BourgeoisJerry|Night 8|Villager
    8| Calar|Day 14|Wolf
    9| Castaras|Day 8|Wolf
    10| Cd4|Day 1|Villager
    11| C'nor|Day 10| Villager
    12| Dangermunk|Auto'd Day 7|Wolf
    13| Deathslayer7|Night 7|Villager
    14| Fat Tony|Auto'd Day 11|Villager
    15| Flabort|Day 11|Villager
    16| Fleeing Coward|Night 1|Fool
    17| Gray Mage
    18| GrueBait|Day 15|Villager
    19| Helgraf
    20| Internet Flea|Day 12|Wolf
    21| Julian84|Day 6|Wolf
    22| Lemonus|Night 11|Villager
    23| Lex-Kat
    24| Lord Loss|Auto'd Day 5|Villager
    25| Murska|Night 4|Seer
    26| Mustiado|Auto'd Day 11|Mason
    27| Penguinator|Night 6|Mason
    28| Qwaz|Day 5|Villager
    29| Ramsus
    30| RogueNine
    31| Runeboundshade|Night 14|Mason
    32| Shadow|Day 4|Wolf
    33| Superdark_33
    34| Tasroth|Night 10|Villager
    35| TBFProgrammer|Night 13|Villager
    36| The Bushranger
    37| The Grimmace|Night 5|Villager
    38| ThePhantom|Night 15|Villager
    39| Thufir|Auto'd Day 8|Villager
    40| TinyMushroom|Day 9|Wolf
    41| TsukikoJ|Auto'd Day 8|Mason
    42| Usourselves&we|Day 7|Villager
    43| Xanmyral|Auto'd Day 9|Villager
    44| Zar Peter|Day 13|Villager
    [/table]
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2011-12-20 at 06:25 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: WW Classic XIV - Tea Strainers of Terror! - Recruiting

Huzzah! Recruitment is now underway!

Tell all your friends. Or, if you don't have any, tell your enemies!

I'll run recruitment to the 21/10, unless we really don't get much interest. I'd also consider any offers for a co-narrator, as my laptop episode taught me that I can't always do everything myself.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Ill join!
    Im gonna teabag everyone!
    Despite everything, its still me.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

The idea of co-narrating would be nice. Starting in a simple classic would help.

If not joining in as a player is always fun.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Sign me up as a player!
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

I play!!!!!!
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

In! With Earl Grey, or maybe some nice Oolong.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll be in!!!!!
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

In as well.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm in. Always up for Classic.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, sure. Classic time.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

12. - Top - End - #12

Default Players choosing a llamatar is also a WW classic tradition.

I'm in, but I'm not sure which llama to play.

A) Famed Ballerina Star?

B) A snack loving star traveller who happens to have stopped to rest at Moon Mansion?

C) A Hero of Time and Twilight looking for a relic in Moon Mansion? Accompanied by his "lovable" and "helpful" fairy companion

D) The Terror that Clops in the Night?

I just can't decide! Who do YOU think I should play as? Llamatar with the most votes will be the one I RP as.
    Last edited by Atreyu the Masked LLama; 2011-10-07 at 10:13 AM.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

In. And I like D.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

hmm... am i in? me thinks yes!
    this signature is dedicated to Lamp, the best wizard gnome there ever was...
    (Epee avi by none other than myself)
    Random String of Numbers: 12 18 99 90
    Check out some of my photography here
    Read about a project I'm involved in dedicated to providing safe drinking water here
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I will join this game.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd say B.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've never been in a Classic before. Count me in, I'm sure this will be an interesting experience.
    Titles, Achievements, and Quotes of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infernal Teamworker - City of Shadows Wondering if anyone is still checking this...
    Ruler of the City - City of Shadows Hello? Anyone there? PM me if you want the Color Code.
    The Fallen Chessmaster - Center WW I don't really see a reason to get rid of this.
    The Manipulative/The Opaque - Demons WW Its kind of neat.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground

Woo! Classic! I'm in!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I vote for the Darkwing Llama. Also, count me in for the game.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Awesome. I'm in. Also, go with c, Atreyu
    Last edited by Grue Bait; 2011-10-07 at 10:46 PM.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

B all the way Atreyu.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I would like to play! and B!

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

I'm in. Somehow I didn't notice this was up yet.

Edit: I vote C btw.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-10-07 at 06:22 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

*Unlurks*

In.
    The BareFoot Programmer

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

I am in

And Atreyu, I really like C
    Quote Originally Posted by Gligarman2 View Post
    14. I will not counterspell when Celestia raises the sun.
    Do you want an avatar?
    Adopt one, or ask for a custom avatar!
    Portfolio

26. - Top - End - #26

Well, well! What have we here?
    A family debate? Oh, that I fear,
    Could turn out only bad,
    And this likely will be sad,

But then again, it's Werewolf! How could I resist?
    I'm always in for these! Yes, I always persist!
    And as for the Handy Llama's question above,
    The NyanLlama! B just fits like a glove!
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

We’re in but, we do hope we turn out to be evil again, we don’t think we’re very good at being bad.

And it may just be our age but we get a kick out of Darkwing Llama, so we say D.

Shouldn’t it be Darkhoof Llama?
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by usourselves&we View Post
    Shouldn’t it be Darkhoof Llama?
    If he really is a llama, but I wouldn't be surprised to discover that he was truly a duck, and you know how dangerous they can get during the night phase.

29. - Top - End - #29

Play, and D.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Banned

Someone told me that these games were fun, so I thought I'd give it a shot.
    And I vote for C.