New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Tabletop IX: "Mech is king? I never voted for it."

Well, going to a megabattle tomorrow. I didn't finish my titan so I'll be bringing a meager army consisting of:

Spoiler
    Show

HQ: Primaris Psyker

Troops:
    Veterans, Demo Charge, 3x Meltas, Chimera, double heavy flamers.
    Veterans, Demo Charge, 3x Meltas, Chimera, double heavy flamers.

Fast:
    2x Hellhound, Heavy Flamers, Smoke Launchers

HS:
    3x Leman Russ, HB Sponsons, Extra Armor.
    4x Leman Russ Demolisher, 2x Multimelta Sponsons, Extra Armor.
    Leman Russ Exterminator, HB Sponsons, Extra Armor.
    2x Hydra Flak Tank.
    3x Medusa, Enclosed Crew Compartment, Bastion-breacher Shells.
    1x Basilisk, Enclosed Crew Compartment
    1x Manticore

For a nice round 3200 points of normal stuff.

In addition, Baneblade! However, it's a vanilla one with no real additions to it.

I hope it goes well. I'll give a short outline of what ended up happening after it's done.
    Last edited by Penguinizer; 2011-01-21 at 03:18 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chief View Post
    Well, I hope your local place knows that the rules state that there should be 24" between the deployment zones, regardless of table size, unlike previous editions of 12" deployment zones. You can move and shoot that thing, so you should be in range of what you need to be in range of. And as guard, massive tables can only help you.
    Unless someone decides to do a spearhead deployment for some silly reason (got screwed by that once; I have too many vehicles for them to not get in each other's way in spearhead) the deployment zones are on the long edges of the table. The diagonal is greater than 72", and that not by much. The battle tank ranges the table just fine if it's even remotely away from either extreme corner.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ettin in the Playground

Well my first thing would be that if you are shooting pathfinders at hordes then you are probably doing it wrong. They are for dealing with high T and/or good saves. Its only when there is no better option that you shot a large unit hoping for pinning.

While they have their uses, in general I've been leaving them behind most of the time any more. They simply don't have the flexibility of many other eldar units.

As for the list... it just seems off to me. There just isn't as much variety as I would run in my lists.

You have a decent number of troops, the pathfinders are fine for sitting on the more out of the way objectives and the jetbikes are good for last turn jumps to empty objectives, but you don't really have anything that could defend or take an objective.
    Even just clearing an objective so you can jump on it with the jetbikes later, none of your choices can do that.

I would get some melee unit(s) and given your currently list probably scorpions because you seem to have anti-elite down fairly well already. As you already know, its easier to take out a complete unit in assault then it is to shoot them all down.

In my armies I've never found a good reason to take warlocks. They are just too expensive for what little they add to a unit.

The EML on the WS... I really haven't found a good use for EMLs in general. For WS I generally either go BL or ML.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, it just doesn't seem all like what I tend to field. I personally don't like Guardian Jetbikes because they are very very expensive. I also am confused as to why there are no Dire Avengers. I have 30, and they always form the backbone of my troops choices. With choice number 4 was it? (it had to deal with DAs that is all that I remember) the Shimmershield/Power Weapon combo isn't THAT good...if you want your Exarch to be killing in melee, go for the Dire Sword that can drop multi-wound things...but try REALLY hard to keep them out of melee in general because that is not what they are designed to do...2 Shurikan Catapults is a great upgrade for only 5 points, and coupled with Bladestorm the Exarch can be a feared model, almost as much as the rest of the squad.
    ...also other than the Fire Prisms and the Fire Dragons, you are going to need more AT...probably either in the form of EMLs or Bright Lances. I like both, because even if you moved Flat out the Missile Launcher can still fire the Plasma round because it is Str 4 and counts as defensive and Bright Lances make Land Raider users cry, and maybe throw Mumakil at you (this happened where I play and the kid got banned...it was LOTR, but still) The only problems is that they are a large investment in points for them...only truly worth it on Wave Serpents unless you are going to be Guiding the heck out of your Guardians.
    Last edited by Craftworld; 2011-01-21 at 05:40 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Craftworld View Post
    Yeah, it just doesn't seem all like what I tend to field. I personally don't like Guardian Jetbikes because they are very very expensive. I also am confused as to why there are no Dire Avengers. I have 30, and they always form the backbone of my troops choices. With choice number 4 was it? (it had to deal with DAs that is all that I remember) the Shimmershield/Power Weapon combo isn't THAT good...if you want your Exarch to be killing in melee, go for the Dire Sword that can drop multi-wound things...but try REALLY hard to keep them out of melee in general because that is not what they are designed to do...2 Shurikan Catapults is a great upgrade for only 5 points, and coupled with Bladestorm the Exarch can be a feared model, almost as much as the rest of the squad.
    ...also other than the Fire Prisms and the Fire Dragons, you are going to need more AT...probably either in the form of EMLs or Bright Lances. I like both, because even if you moved Flat out the Missile Launcher can still fire the Plasma round because it is Str 4 and counts as defensive and Bright Lances make Land Raider users cry, and maybe throw Mumakil at you (this happened where I play and the kid got banned...it was LOTR, but still) The only problems is that they are a large investment in points for them...only truly worth it on Wave Serpents unless you are going to be Guiding the heck out of your Guardians.
    Not that I know anything about Eldar, but isn't the Diresword kind of a joke compared to just a normal power weapon? Eternal Warrior's pretty widely spread on a lot of things that you want to kill, and, even if they aren't immune, they have to pass on their leadership, rather than yours. That's from (I can't really remember off the top of my head) 3 WS5 S3 PW attacks? Might drop a warrior with that, but it doesn't seem that great a deal.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just a little rules question for those more experienced than I.

The Lucius pattern drop pod, which we have all heard about is an assault vehicle, right ? A Dreadnought can assault out of it, anyway. A Stormraven is also an assault vehicle, that can carry a Dreadnought. Would it be correct that I could land a Dreadnought with one of them and assault with it ?

Cheers.

Also, I fought my first battle under my own steam with my own minis, kind of a landmark event. It was most enjoyable. I fought Mephiston, who I can see why he has no eternal warrior, no independent character and costs as much as a Land Raider. Everything bounces off him, that I had brought anyway. He got mobbed by a sanguinary priest led powerfist assault squad, my death company, my librarian and shot at by my Tac squad and Dreadnought. It took all that to kill him. Tough, tough tough S.O.B.

"What's in this empty box ?"
    "Youth and talent is no match for age and treachery."
    Mechwarrior by Elder Tsofu

7. - Top - End - #1447

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
    Just a little rules question for those more experienced than I.

The Lucius pattern drop pod, which we have all heard about is an assault vehicle, right ? A Dreadnought can assault out of it, anyway. A Stormraven is also an assault vehicle, that can carry a Dreadnought. Would it be correct that I could land a Dreadnought with one of them and assault with it ?
    A lucius pattern drop pod is a special assault vehicle that lets you assault out of it on the turn it deep strikes. A Stormraven has a specific rule that says if it deepstrikes, the guys inside can't assault that turn.

On turns the Stormraven doesn't deep strike, yes you can move the Stormraven, disembark the dreadnought and then the dread can assault.

A dread can also "deep strike" out of a Stormraven that's on the board using the Skies of Blood rule, but cant' assault in that circumstance either.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

8. - Top - End - #1448

Tourney's today. I have revised the list.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1500 points

Company Command Squad - 200
    -Medi-pack, vox-caster, veteran lascannon team, Master of Ordnance
    -Chimera dedicated transport

Storm Trooper Squad - 160
    -Power weapon, flamer, grenade launcher
    --Heavy flamer turret, heavy flamer

Veteran Squad - 155
    -Two flamers, heavy flamer

Veteran Squad - 160
    -Three grenade launchers, veteran autocannon team
    --Heavy bolter turret

Veteran Squad - 155
    -Power weapon, two meltaguns

Veteran Squad - 130
    -Forward Sentries
    -Veteran lascannon team, vox-caster, sniper rifle

Veteran Squad - 135
    -Forward Sentries
    -Veteran missile launcher team, vox-caster, plasma gun

Leman Russ Battle Tank - 185
    -Lascannon, heavy bolter sponsons

Leman Russ Executioner - 230
    -Plasma cannon sponsons

This is still limited by models owned, supplemented by emergency modeling done yesterday. My newly updated inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Inventory:

8 heavy weapon teams - 2 heavy bolter, 1 autocannon, 3 lascannnon, 2 missile launcher

54 Guardsmen - 2 flamers, 1 heavy flamer, 3 grenade launchers, 1 sniper rifle, 1 plasma gun, 2 meltaguns, 5 vox-casters, 1 standard, 5 sergeants, rest normal

10 Kasrkin - 1 flamer, 1 grenade launcher, 1 sergeant, 7 normal

1 company commander w/power fist, astropath, officer of the fleet, master of ordnance

1 techpriest enginseer

5 Chimeras - 3 normal, 1 flamer, 1 heavy bolter turret (A sixth one unassembled.)

1 Leman Russ battle tank - guns left unglued, can switch any sponson/hull mount configuration and between battle cannon and Vanquisher cannon at will

1 Leman Russ Demolisher - guns left unglued, can switch any sponson/hull mount configuration at will. Demolisher cannon and Executioner plasma cannon magnetized; can switch between these at will as well.

A pack of meltaguns - plan to get more Guardsmen to mount these to.

I am ignoring the power fist on my company commander to reallocate the points to the lascannon on the battle tank, primarily to give an opponent something to actually think about when deciding on a weapon destroyed result; hopefully the organizer will let me get away with it. If not, I'm stuck with the power fist and back to the hull mounted heavy bolter. I'm going to take a nap before the tourney, and will wake up in two and a half hours. I'll check the thread before I go, so if anyone has any improvements that can be made within the inventory above, I'll take them into account. Thanks to anyone who checks over it.
    Last edited by Renegade Paladin; 2011-01-22 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Removing a points cost on one of the wargear pieces.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

9. - Top - End - #1449

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    A lucius pattern drop pod is a special assault vehicle that lets you assault out of it on the turn it deep strikes. A Stormraven has a specific rule that says if it deepstrikes, the guys inside can't assault that turn.

On turns the Stormraven doesn't deep strike, yes you can move the Stormraven, disembark the dreadnought and then the dread can assault.

A dread can also "deep strike" out of a Stormraven that's on the board using the Skies of Blood rule, but cant' assault in that circumstance either.
    So as long as the Stromraven starts the game on the table (and carrying the Dread for maximum simplicity's sake), I could, say, go the 24 inch flat out move, while still firing my Twin linked lascannon due to PoTMS (thank you FAQ) and my Hurricane bolters, as they're defensive, then deposit the Dread, who can move 6 inches and then charge doing shedloads of damage because it's a Furioso, and that's what they do.

If this is correct, I'm a happy boy.
    Last edited by Timberwolf; 2011-01-22 at 09:23 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So as long as the Stromraven starts the game on the table (and carrying the Dread for maximum simplicity's sake), I could, say, go the 24 inch flat out move, while still firing my Twin linked lascannon due to PoTMS (thank you FAQ) and my Hurricane bolters, as they're defensive, then deposit the Dread, who can move 6 inches and then charge doing shedloads of damage because it's a Furioso, and that's what they do.
    It appears that you may do all that except fire the Hurricane Bolters. You may only fire Defensive weapons if you can fire other weapons. Which you can't, since you've gone Flat Out, and your PotMS is being used on the Lascannons.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2011-01-22 at 09:26 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

11. - Top - End - #1451

So as long as the Stromraven starts the game on the table (and carrying the Dread for maximum simplicity's sake), I could, say, go the 24 inch flat out move, while still firing my Twin linked lascannon due to PoTMS (thank you FAQ) then deposit the Dread, who can move 6 inches and then charge doing shedloads of damage because it's a Furioso, and that's what they do.

If this is correct, I'm a happy boy.
    Its not correct, because if you move more than 12" you can't disembark without using skies of blood. The limit you can do is move 12", disembark 2", run 1-6" (deathcompany dreads only) and then assault 6".

If you leave a vehicle that didn't move, then you disembark 2" and then move 6" and can assault even if your transport wasn't an assault vehicle. If a vehicle moves before you disembark, then you only get the 2" disembark move and can only assault if your transport was an assault vehicle, but can run/shoot normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    It appears that you may do all that except fire the Hurricane Bolters. You may only fire Defensive weapons if you can fire other weapons. Which you can't, since you've gone Flat Out, and your PotMS is being used on the Lascannons.
    To clarify, defensive weapons can be fired if you move at combat speed (up to 6") in addition to the one weapon you can normally fire. They can't be fired if you gain the ability to fire a single weapon due to another rule. With fast vehicles such as the Stormraven, you can move at cruising speed (up to 12") and fire one weapon + defensive weapons.

So defensive weapons are only special in two circumstances.

1. A normal vehicle moves 6" and can fire one gun (and isn't shaken/stunned).

2. A fast vehicle moves 12" and can fire one gun (and isn't shaken/stunned).

If a vehicle with power of the machine spirit only moves 6" while shaken, it still can't fire its defensive weapons.
    Last edited by Closet_Skeleton; 2011-01-22 at 09:32 AM.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

12. - Top - End - #1452

Drat. Ah well, nice thought while it lasted.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ettin in the Playground

Unless its part of the Stormraven rules, which I don't know because I haven't used them, normally you can't disembark the same turn you went flat out. Being an assault vehicle you can assault the same turn you moved, which for a fast flyer is 12", but once you go flat out you don't normally even have the option to disembark, so whether or not you can assault after a disembark is a moot point.

14. - Top - End - #1454

I wouldn't bother with hurricain bolters on a stormraven. It just makes a fragile vehicle more expensive, even if they're good value for points over putting a storm bolter on a rhino.

Though with 4 AP1 hunter killers standard, making its other guns anti-infantry isn't terrible.
    Last edited by Closet_Skeleton; 2011-01-22 at 10:05 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Unless its part of the Stormraven rules...
    Well, it is. The Stormraven - like the V-Ships - can have their passengers disembark when going Flat-Out.

However, actually having gone and read the rules myself, the reason they can't Assault after going Flat Out (yes, they can get out after Flat Out, and the Stormraven is an Assault Vehicle) is the fact that they're using the Deep Strike rules to get out.

...Well, even then, the last sentence of Skies of Blood says it anyway.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2011-01-22 at 10:42 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

If you're interested in homebrew rules and fandexes there's a new site/forum up now catering specifically to that sort of thing:

The Codex Project
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.
    Don't touch me I'm royalty.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

There's something I must ask. What designer thought that the Pulsa Rokkit was a good idea? It horridly cripples entire armies and you can't really even do anything to it. If the tables aren't wide enough, there's a chance it'll chain-pin/stun everything near it. It just screws the flow of the game so much.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Titan in the Playground

Well my first thing would be that if you are shooting pathfinders at hordes then you are probably doing it wrong. They are for dealing with high T and/or good saves. Its only when there is no better option that you shot a large unit hoping for pinning.
    Who said anything about shooting them at hordes? I wouldn't ever think about doing any such thing.

I'd be using them against monstrous creatures, terminators and MEQs, maybe with the occasional light vehicle once in a while.

While they have their uses, in general I've been leaving them behind most of the time any more. They simply don't have the flexibility of many other eldar units.
    I imagine so - Dire Avengers, Guardians or Scorpions are far more flexible, for sure. On the other hand, I think the rest of the army can deal with most other things pretty well already, and anti-monstrous creature/MEQ-units are precisely what would enhance it the most.

Also I love the models and the fluff.

As for the list... it just seems off to me. There just isn't as much variety as I would run in my lists.

You have a decent number of troops, the pathfinders are fine for sitting on the more out of the way objectives and the jetbikes are good for last turn jumps to empty objectives, but you don't really have anything that could defend or take an objective.
    Even just clearing an objective so you can jump on it with the jetbikes later, none of your choices can do that.
    Really? I figured between Doom, the Fire Prisms and the jetbikes themselves I had enough to deal with less-than-elite units sitting on objectives (with the Pathfinders and Fire Dragons taking care of the elite stuff)...

I would get some melee unit(s) and given your currently list probably scorpions because you seem to have anti-elite down fairly well already. As you already know, its easier to take out a complete unit in assault then it is to shoot them all down.
    Alright. Duly noted.

In my armies I've never found a good reason to take warlocks. They are just too expensive for what little they add to a unit.
    Hmmm... they are a bit expensive, that's true. Perhaps I should indeed just go with more Jetbikes instead, though having an S9 shot against vehicles (in addition to the S6 shots from the Shuriken Cannons) would greatly extend the versatility of the unit...

The EML on the WS... I really haven't found a good use for EMLs in general. For WS I generally either go BL or ML.
    ...what's an ML? Were you thinking of the Scatter Laser and confused it with the Imperial Multilaser?
    My reason for taking the EML was mainly that it can be fired as defensive weapon; ideally, if the points allow, I'd upgrade to a the Shuriken Catapults to a Cannon, and then have something to use against hordes, while also having the ability to try to shoot down a Land Speeder or something like that with a Krak round if necessary. Though I definitely see the wisdom in taking a Bright Lance - the only thing that disturbs me about it is the BS3, seems like a bit much of an investment for something that will miss so often... I'll think about that.

Yeah, it just doesn't seem all like what I tend to field. I personally don't like Guardian Jetbikes because they are very very expensive.
    The way I see it, it's basically a 5 point upgrade from a Space Marine, losing one each of WS, BS and S, but gaining the ability to completely outmaneuver every enemy, grab whichever objective one wants to, when one wants to, and evade pretty much every close combat one doesn't want to be in. And evade being shot at, if the terrain allows. Seems like a bargain to me.

I also am confused as to why there are no Dire Avengers. I have 30, and they always form the backbone of my troops choices.
    Aye, I imagine with an infantry focused force that does not rely on evasion and hit-and-run tactics, that would be the way to go. If I wasn't as focused on mobility, I'd definitely use them as my main infantry/troop choice, too. As for why there are none here, they didn't seem to fit in too well into this army... but with some points free, another anti-horde unit that descends from a Wafe Serpent and unleashes a storm of crystal splinters upon them seems like a viable addition after all.

With choice number 4 was it? (it had to deal with DAs that is all that I remember) the Shimmershield/Power Weapon combo isn't THAT good...if you want your Exarch to be killing in melee, go for the Dire Sword that can drop multi-wound things...but try REALLY hard to keep them out of melee in general because that is not what they are designed to do...2 Shurikan Catapults is a great upgrade for only 5 points, and coupled with Bladestorm the Exarch can be a feared model, almost as much as the rest of the squad.
    I don't see how the Dire Sword could be useful, considering nothing is ever going to fail that Ld-test - I'd think the Invulnerable save from the Shimmerfield for the entire unit would be more useful most of the time. Though overall, I think you're right, and the dual Catapult variant would be the most sensible, considering their role.

...also other than the Fire Prisms and the Fire Dragons, you are going to need more AT...
    And the Singing Spears. Pathfinders, too, against armour 10/11 (and 12 if absolutely necessary) tanks.

Though I do see how even more AT could be helpful, definitely.

probably either in the form of EMLs or Bright Lances. I like both, because even if you moved Flat out the Missile Launcher can still fire the Plasma round because it is Str 4 and counts as defensive and Bright Lances make Land Raider users cry, and maybe throw Mumakil at you (this happened where I play and the kid got banned...it was LOTR, but still) The only problems is that they are a large investment in points for them...only truly worth it on Wave Serpents unless you are going to be Guiding the heck out of your Guardians.
    Got it. Will keep that in mind.

Thank you very much, both of you.

That makes quite a lot of votes for the Scorpions... I'm surprised noone favoured the Guardians in Serpent variants yet, or the Vyper/Hornet ones. I kinda expected those to be the most favoured ones, and if I had had to pick what I thought was probably the most effective, it would have been one of them.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Since the new Grey Knights are coming out and I might be able to afford them I have a concept for an army (provided the alliance rule is kept).

I like the Ravenwing so my plan is: Master of the Ravenwing and bike squads.
    Add on some 5 man GK termie squads. I use bikes with their lovely teleport homers to move in cover near objectives and drop the Grey Knights. The knights shred any defenders and I move in with scoring speeders or bikes on the last turn.

Unfortunately this relies on my reserves rolls a bit (I miss my Autarch ) but with plenty cover for my bikes I could probably pull it off.

Any thoughts or criticisms?
    The rules of the game are only what the current participants agree they should be, remember this. The rulebook for whatever you play are only suggestions.

Currently playing as the Maya in GMR game #6.

20. - Top - End - #1460

Quote Originally Posted by WeLoveFireballs View Post
    Since the new Grey Knights are coming out and I might be able to afford them I have a concept for an army (provided the alliance rule is kept).

I like the Ravenwing so my plan is: Master of the Ravenwing and bike squads.
    Add on some 5 man GK termie squads. I use bikes with their lovely teleport homers to move in cover near objectives and drop the Grey Knights. The knights shred any defenders and I move in with scoring speeders or bikes on the last turn.

Unfortunately this relies on my reserves rolls a bit (I miss my Autarch ) but with plenty cover for my bikes I could probably pull it off.

Any thoughts or criticisms?
    The allies rules are probably going to disapear.

On the other hand you can just do that anyway and probably better with deathwing instead of grey knights. Dark Angels get something called Deathwing Assault, which lets half your terminators deep strike on turn 1, so reserve rolls are less important.

This is usually called "doublewing" and is the only really effective army type you can get out of the Dark Angels book. Space Wolves can do terminator armies and regular marine armies can do bike armies but only Dark Angels can mix both like this.

The army's main flaw is that you need to be in a game of at least 1750 points for to start being viable.
    Last edited by Closet_Skeleton; 2011-01-22 at 02:46 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I really don't trust regular deepstrike all that much since I lost my 150 pt Warp spider unit to mishap. Twice. I would be hesitant to risk it with 300 pts of termies. Also I report that the Furioso Deradnaught Librarian is very scary. My local store owner got it in a black box and we tried it out agains 250 points of eldar. The only thing I had that could beat beat it was a wave serpent with bright lances and 6 fire dragons inside. The Wave serpent died before the dreadnaught 4-5 times.
    The rules of the game are only what the current participants agree they should be, remember this. The rulebook for whatever you play are only suggestions.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

I really don't trust regular deepstrike all that much since I lost my 150 pt Warp spider unit to mishap. Twice. I would be hesitant to risk it with 300 pts of termies. Also I report that the Furioso Deradnaught Librarian is very scary. My local store owner got it in a black box and we tried it out agains 250 points of eldar. The only thing I had that could beat beat it was a wave serpent with bright lances and 6 fire dragons inside. The Wave serpent died before the dreadnaught 4-5 times.
    I'd say, what this primarily indicates is not so much that Furioso Dreadnaught Librarians are scary - I mean, they sure are, no doubt about it, but that's not the main lesson here - but that you need more anti-tank weaponry in your list(s).
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

My 6 fire dragons with backup from 3 missile launchers, 5 warp spiders with an Autarch armed with fusion gun and warp jump plus singing spears from farseer and warlock if necessary should be enough to clean em out. If it isn't then Khaine help us all. That reminds me If I had an Avatar that would smash the Naught into little tiny bits.

24. - Top - End - #1464

Sweet as a nut. That thing is on my list of things to get although I'm not too keen on the force weapon (I really liked one I saw with a Halberd ages ago). I'm just trying to strip out the 50 extra points I need from somewhere.

25. - Top - End - #1465

My 6 fire dragons with backup from 3 missile launchers, 5 warp spiders with an Autarch armed with fusion gun and warp jump plus singing spears from farseer and warlock if necessary should be enough to clean em out. If it isn't then Khaine help us all. That reminds me If I had an Avatar that would smash the Naught into little tiny bits.
    It should have been. Just shoot it in the rear armour.

Its no tougher than a regular furioso and mine always die. I even used a librarian one once and it didn't do much.

It can get a cover save from one of its powers to make it a bit tougher, but not by much.

Sweet as a nut. That thing is on my list of things to get although I'm not too keen on the force weapon (I really liked one I saw with a Halberd ages ago). I'm just trying to strip out the 50 extra points I need from somewhere.
    It does actually have a halberd, its just in a weird mounting. You should be able to stick the halberd in a regular DCCW arm with a little converting.

26. - Top - End - #1466

I guess there's enough DCCW's in there to go at. I thought I might use a venerable dread's powerfist hand, but we'll see, need to see what's on the sprue.

27. - Top - End - #1467

I I thought I might use a venerable dread's powerfist hand, but we'll see, need to see what's on the sprue.
    I've used that hand on my half-finished one. He's only missing the other power fist hand currently, so I may end up buying the new kit and converting it into a regular dread so I can convert an old dread into a furioso.

28. - Top - End - #1468

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    I've used that hand on my half-finished one. He's only missing the other power fist hand currently, so I may end up buying the new kit and converting it into a regular dread so I can convert an old dread into a furioso.
    I just did that with the AOBR dread. It looks a bit odd, as Forgeworld only do a Mk4 right sided DCCW, but a big scroll or a banner detailing the heroic exploits of this arm and the Chaos Lords it slew and why this new user is worthy to carry it will explain that away nicely I think.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So, uh, Page 50 is coming up;

Warhammer 40K Tabletop X:
    The Best Thing Since Wheat-Protein-Inatube
    I Love You - Like Papa Nurgle
    Nipplewing - Exactly What It Sounds Like
    Now With More Power Armour
    Marines Don't Cry
    Your Mum
    The 32nd Flavour - Power Armour
    Warhammer? I hardly knew 'er!
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2011-01-22 at 07:12 PM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

30. - Top - End - #1470

Everyone Expects the Inquisition.