New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Neither do I. TS should be given some deadline, or at least explain why she's taking so long.
    And when did I say that we should discourage people's ideas because they weren't around from the beginning? Some people, like Calamity, I dislike because they started a big annoying subplot. Cal was from the beginning.
    While Chriky, Tiffiny lirle, Firedrake and yes, even Q are all fairly new here and haven't made new subplots. They're among my favorite characters.
    I'm glad to hear I'm one of your favorite characters, but I do think I have started a new sub-plot.

And what's wrong with sub-plots? Honestly, so what?
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #812
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

YOU gremlin are newer than I Who're you callin' new
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2008-12-10 at 07:08 PM.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    YOU gremlin are newer than I Who're you callin' new
    I didn't say I wasn't. However, I already know I'm annoying. Didn't think it needed repeating. At least I didn't try to start a subplot. Welll, I did, but I stopped.
    *Looks at kettle of worms that have escaped*
    *Gulps*
    TO WAR!!!!
    *Charges in*
    Look, Megadoomer, you've still caused a bunch of Arcanians to have escaped. This messes everything up. Arcania has TWO survivors. Whoops, I need to count all the others in ABR....about 20, 10 minus your 'founders'. Maybe 15, total. It depends.
    Q: I did not go berserk. I did not 'discourage' it. People are trying to use old methods to be important. It's ANNOYING. And I know that Fayt hasn't 'done it yet'. But he also didn't 'suggest' it. He said, to quote:
    ...tell you what... I'll give her until Sunday before i move the plot on and have Diskord start turning into a big bad. cant say fairer than that.
    We call that a threat.
    *Prepares for enemies to attempt to run over him*
    I can't believe I've pitted myself against, like, 20 people. ouch.

4. - Top - End - #814

I didn't say I wasn't. However, I already know I'm annoying. Didn't think it needed repeating. At least I didn't try to start a subplot. Welll, I did, but I stopped.
    *Looks at kettle of worms that have escaped*
    *Gulps*
    TO WAR!!!!
    *Charges in*
    Look, Megadoomer, you've still caused a bunch of Arcanians to have escaped. This messes everything up. Arcania has TWO survivors. Whoops, I need to count all the others in ABR....about 20, 10 minus your 'founders'. Maybe 15, total. It depends.
    Q: I did not go berserk. I did not 'discourage' it. People are trying to use old methods to be important. It's ANNOYING. And I know that Fayt hasn't 'done it yet'. But he also didn't 'suggest' it. He said, to quote:
    ...tell you what... I'll give her until Sunday before i move the plot on and have Diskord start turning into a big bad. cant say fairer than that.
    We call that a threat.
    *Prepares for enemies to attempt to run over him*
    I can't believe I've pitted myself against, like, 20 people. ouch.
    Hey there are only six founders. Number two six isn't a BUNCH. Three, you did discourage. Two people who are pretty nice dudes Meaning Q and Me aren't gonna say that if it isn't true.

Also how do you think anyone should become important if all the normal ways are blocked? You haven't offered an alternative.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2008-12-10 at 07:19 PM.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Banned

Hey there are only six founders. Number two six isn't a BUNCH. Three, you did discourage. Two people who are pretty nice dudes Meaning Q and Me aren't gonna say that if it isn't true
    Alright, I'm sick of being attacked by all sides. I can't fight argue with 4 people at once, especially since all of them outrank me in ABR. I'm leaving.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2008-12-10 at 07:20 PM.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ettin in the Playground

2 alive
    2 undead

That's all the Arcanians around.

Now let's stop the arguing before something involving Moderator action occurs folks. I'll talk to Threeshades and see what happens.

@V Why mention the paint? Abardam anyone?
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2008-12-10 at 07:23 PM.

7. - Top - End - #817

Calm down dude. I wasn't trying to be unkind in any way. We all want you to stay. Even if you are an undead cat that is made in paint

8. - Top - End - #818
    Firbolg in the Playground

@Gremlin, leaving is not the answer. I agree that Fayt's proposal wasn't good. And nobody Outranks people in ABR

Well here's how I introduced MY first characters into the plot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shades of Gray: Umm... let's not go there. Essentially I killed Leroy, turned TS to stone, and claimed that I was her half-drow brother... yeah. My PLOT entrance went like: Popped in, asked to help KP, fought off The Spanish Inquisition to join him. Regular character from then on...

Rodriguez: Joined early on in Plot 3, became the second-most major protagonist, did not try to be major.

Random Unnamed Drow Rogue guy in SDSB: Popped in as Salmon's Lackey, became Szilard's rival/opponent for a while. Died.

Random Unnamed Grenadier: Regular character... So far

Oliver: Joined as old friend of Lying. Only god-moddy thing I did with him was claiming the "Vendetta" was mine. Other than that (until recent strips), he made mostly comedic comics, like falling from the sky in a block of ice and imagining Threepanda in a robot suit.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2008-12-10 at 07:26 PM.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Troll in the Playground

Alright, I'm sick of being attacked by all sides. I can't fight argue with 4 people at once, especially since all of them outrank me in ABR. I'm leaving.
    Hey hey! No need to leave, Gremlin! You were one of my favourite characters!

Don't worry. I'm not attacking you. I'm just saying is all.

And we don't have ranks in ABR I think.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2008-12-10 at 07:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #820

Exactly what I said Q Except for the rank thing...

11. - Top - End - #821

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    2 undead
    Nameless and ...?

Once finals are over, I promise I'll start doing stuff again. I need to work on the plotgoblin side-story thing. I've got a couple of antagonists waiting in the wings, but ABR isn't ready for them yet. I'll work on getting them ready so that they can show up when the story calls for them.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ettin in the Playground

Word on the hotline says Threeshades is currently suffering from Fallout 3 addiction. Also the German version calls the Garden of Eden Creation Kit "GEEK" apparently.

...could we maybe get a longer deadline?

13. - Top - End - #823
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello, I just joined, and the first thing that caught my eye was Avatar Battle Royale. What is Avatar Battle Royale? And how do I join?

14. - Top - End - #824

The most epic thing ever. Ya just join by making a character and entering him in the story

15. - Top - End - #825
    Dwarf in the Playground

O...kay... Can you eleborate on that?

16. - Top - End - #826

It is like an oots style art collaberation. Just look at the archives to kinda see what I mean. We all make comics as part of a story

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ettin in the Playground

The most epic thing ever. Ya just join by making a character and entering him in the story
    Provided you follow a brief set of rules as shown in the first post of the art threads.

Alternatively, make a character, find someone else's character, and kill them. That's the old school version of ABR: Random killing, which doesn't impact on the storylines.

18. - Top - End - #828

Imp

ABR is a collaborative comic that exist in two forms. Originally, it was just people drawing their avatars killing other people's avatars. Eventually, continuity arose, and we ended up making a huge epic story out of it.

Edit: Double ninja'd. >_<
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2008-12-10 at 07:37 PM.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Then don't look close.

19. - Top - End - #829

Here be Rules:

Spoiler
    Show
    Rules of ABR (up for confirmation), some of which are based off the rules of improv

* Rule 1: never act incautiously when confronted by a smiling old man with a broom

* Rule 2: Don't talk about ABR

* Rule 3: Commie can only make 3 joke rules

* Rule 4: Don't Deny, if somebody does somthing not breaking the other rules you can't just ignore that it happened.

* Rule 5: Don't godmod others, It's okay to have somebody else say things, but don't have them make any big decisions.

* Rule 6: NO SHOWBOATING! in Improv every member is trying to make the rest of the ensamble look good, not to try to make themselves look good. You can still do awsome things, but don't completally overshadow everybody else.

* Rule 7: Build Up, if your going to change the plot in a major way, Don't do it all in one post, start it, making it clear what your trying to acheive, if other people want to stop it they can and we dont have to vote your post non-canon.

* Rule 8: Nothing is canon if it is not in a comic, we don't know the backstory youve cooked up, don't post a comic, then when somebody stops it say "That wouldn't work because of XYZ" unless your previously stated XY and Z.

* Rule 9: Don't finish lethal or incrediably dehabilitating attacks against other PC's, start them and give the other person a chance to react, its not "I cut your head off", its "I try to cut your head off", it's up to them whether or not you succeed.

* Rule 10: accept weakness, we are not all superman, we are not all invincible, its no fun if nobody loses anything.

* Rule 11: Get over yourself, there are other people in this plot to, so don't plan more then one post ahead and then get mad when people don't feel like going with what you want them to do, I don't care how awsome it seems.
    * Amendments can be allowed, rules can be changed according to votes, ect.

* Rule 12: Please use the discussion thread for non-comic related posts to give threads extra longevity.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Troll in the Playground

Except for Mechafox, you guys SUCK at explaining ABR.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #831
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by evil_d4_swarm View Post
    Hello, I just joined, and the first thing that caught my eye was Avatar Battle Royale. What is Avatar Battle Royale? And how do I join?
    my, THAT, will take some time to explain...

On the other note:
    I think alot of this fear is left over from Squark. For those of you who forgot, Squark joined one day with horrible art, being so lazy as to just type his dialouge below his pictures rather than put them into the images. He came with a friend who had a grim-reaper avatar. The Friend tried to usurp Nameless as ABRoy's Death,, but he didn't do much. Squark on the other hand came in, Decided the Jovocain Missles were too powerful (They have never actually been used in-comic I think), so he declared his character to be a God, Destroyed the citadel in one go, and then remade it exactly as it was except for without the missles. When we said "You can't do that" he responded "I AM A GOD!", when we declared his comic Non-Cannon, he cried and begged us not to. We did anywa. I think he tried to turn his character into Dr Who and then faded away.

For those who remember the Squarkpocolypse, the fear is that people will use the plot as an escuse to power-trip. Remember, Threeshades was never origionally a hyper-powered supervillain. Kpenguin made up the Sildyu and key stuff and she just ran with it.

But I think I missed the point. The main point is, we all like the "Threeshades tries to find the keys, Salmon opposes her" plot. However, we can't do it without Threeshades (Salmon would be nice to). We don't want to abandon all our ideas an investments in that unless it's totally dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Except for Mechafox, you guys SUCK at explaining ABR.
    But we weren't asked to explain it, we were asked how to enter it

EDIT: Evidently I skipped a question in that post, but between 5 posts we've covered all the bases. Also I believe the missiles have been used on occasion, but never in lethal roles. They were used to point a couple characters in the right direction inside the Citadel (Via the infirmary), and as an escape method during the Nightwing attack.
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2008-12-10 at 07:48 PM.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    But we weren't asked to explain it, we were asked how to enter it
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2008-12-10 at 07:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #834

Imp

Rule 8 has become more complicated since we have a wiki now. The wiki holds all sorts of information on the setting and storylines of ABR. You don't have to read all of it, but if you want to be a big mover and shaker in the plot, it's recommended. Crucial information is here. Here's a map of the setting, and here's a brief timeline of its history. (In the story, it is currently 1526 AC)

If you want to join the story, just make up a character and make a comic where they show up near one of the other characters.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Dwarf in the Playground

I made a (sort of...) kill!

26. - Top - End - #836
    Troll in the Playground

I made a (sort of...) kill!
    Made me laugh.

If you join the plot, are those vicious d4s going to be your characters? That would be funny.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #837
    Dwarf in the Playground

Made me laugh.

If you join the plot, are those vicious d4s going to be your characters? That would be funny.
    Yup.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Troll in the Playground

Yup.
    That's pretty cool. Instead of one big god character like everyon else, you make a whole bunch of little, hilarious characters!

Do they talk? Because if they don't talk, then you need a funny noise for them to make.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #839
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

That's pretty cool. Instead of one big god character like everyon else, you make a whole bunch of little, hilarious characters!

Do they talk? Because if they don't talk, then you need a funny noise for them to make.
    I kind of did that with Ven, kind of. I should really think of a way to advance teh "Rescue Ven" plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

30. - Top - End - #840
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Q: I don't know if they will talk. I have yet to decide. But they bite, and some will have other powers.
    Last edited by evil_d4_swarm; 2008-12-10 at 08:43 PM.