New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Absolmorph's Awkwardly Amorous Albeit Alliterative Advances of Random Banter #187

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post

Your face is a logic error. I'm going to steal your favourite t-shirt and leave the contents of a slashed duvet in its place in the drawer.
    ... What did I ever do to you?

If I have offended, rest assured that it was only in the fog of ignorance and obliviousness that clouds my every action.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Absolmorph's Awkwardly Amorous Albeit Alliterative Advances of Random Banter #187

Auld Lang Syne? Bah! I shall skank the rest of the year away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    You can if you want to, but I prefer the traditional music accompaniment.

Anyway... Goodnight everyone! From 2013!
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

Some things more so than otherwise. I did look up the toxicity of garlic, but unfortunately, it seems comparatively innocuous in comparison save for the capacity to burn skin.
    It's rosemary you need to watch out for. That can cause seizures.
    Unfortunately? Do you intend to poison someone?

Also, in my case I feel that by staying up too late means I sleep in late, but my sleep is not restful, and restful sleep is more valuable. I would rather four hours of restful sleep than twelve hours of sleep that doesn't do anything for me.
    Well, it's the very opposite for me, whenever I try to go to bed early, I end up with a miserable night, even if I was dead tired to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post

If I have offended, rest assured that it was only in the fog of ignorance and obliviousness that clouds my every action.
    I think our good man Kneen was joking, but his intents elludes me as well...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Wonderful, isn't it? I wish Curly were here, we could probably double the length of this page of posts.
    Yes! I miss the giant walls of text.

Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    Oh dear gods please no.
    I just want the conversation to move on to something else.
    Shush, I'm having fun. (I mean, I can see why, but still)

Do be careful with that. Like most plants with a strong flavour, garlic contains compounds that can be toxic in absurdly high quantities.
    As always, exercise caution.

It's not acceptable in the slightest. A lifestyle of late nights and equally late mornings does not do well for one's health. Sheepie, if you're not in bed, then get to bed. And if you're already in bed, then go to bed anyway.
    We have New Years for staying up late for no good reason.
    I like garlic too, but this is about ginger. Probably a good thing too; I don't think I could eat a handful of raw ginger all at once, while I am completely confident in my ability to do the same to an equal amount of garlic.

I seem to be doing rather well with it.

My whole life I have been able to shoot fireworks on New Year's Eve only twice, because they're illegal in Massachusetts. However, tonight I am in Vienna, where they are completely legal. Oh this will be fun.
    YEAH FIREWORKS!!!

Psst - it was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Unfortunately? Do you intend to poison someone?
    You wouldn't want to use garlic, anyways. The best poison is an overabundance of oxygen (which will also make them more flammable).
    A few odds and ends.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    YEAH FIREWORKS!!!
    Amids Drexel, you are the best.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

7. - Top - End - #757
    Colossus in the Playground

Am I the only one who listens to Come Susser Tod when the end of the year is on it's way? Because it seems kind of appropriate (more so every year).

EDIT: Oh, also, Moony, sorry if I missed you yesterday, Mom needed me to help clean and stuff.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-12-31 at 11:26 AM.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

Amids Drexel, you are the best.
    Yoink!

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Am I the only one who listens to Come Susser Tod when the end of the year is on it's way? Because it seems kind of appropriate (more so every year).

EDIT: Oh, also, Moony, sorry if I missed you yesterday, Mom needed me to help clean and stuff.
    Never heard of that. TO YOUTUBE!!!

I normally just listen to all the songs I can find named "The End".
    A few odds and ends.

9. - Top - End - #759

Yoink!

Never heard of that. TO YOUTUBE!!!

I normally just listen to all the songs I can find named "The End".
    It's the "Tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling doooown" song.

10. - Top - End - #760

Yoink!

Oh, wait, you put that in your sig!

Excellent. The influence of Dragonprime spreads across the internet.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

11. - Top - End - #761

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    However while they cannot make you change your opinion by force, they do also have the right to challenge that opinion, wherein:
    Regarding the midnight discussion; This is a good way to phrase what I mean to conclude on. All points, etc., discussion is the point, etc. Motivations for discussion aside, challenging during 'convincing' as an action itself is what I find proper.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I listen to new music to celebrate the new year. Although, 'new' only means new to me; some of the songs are years old and I just haven't heard them yet. And old favorites I never listen to anymore; generally, New Year's is a time I go through my iTunes library.

Excellent. The influence of Dragonprime spreads across the internet.
    ...I...

ION: I take like, a week off from exercise and it shows when after three miles I'm sick. It isn't that cold outside. I didn't go very fast. But I had a fit after finishing off. Although, a long and hot shower seems to have fixed me, along with snacking on two of those Clif bars. I'm going to want to invest in more of those.
    Last edited by Cobalt; 2012-12-31 at 11:48 AM.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

You are correct, I do not understand what you mean. The only way to attain a secret language of one's own is to invent one from scratch... None of those tongues is secret. I suppose I am just too rational and grounded a person to really understand your desire. What is it you actually crave? I cannot see it.
    I remember in a reaaaaally crappy kids actiony wannabebond book I 'borrowed' from a friend, mr. "I conviently speak 6 languages at the age of 15 becuase SPY" overhears the evil submarine people talking in Latin and has a synoque about how thats totally awesome. I was just going "Well yeah, unless you're plotting to take down the Vatican. Vatican ninjas speak latin."
    Mr. Drexel is correct. Anyone is just as likely to be obnoxious and rude as anyone else. There may be other factors involved in which a person feels like they can get away with it, but that's just making excuses for bad behaviour.
    Even I can be rude or uncouth at times.
    Well, what else would we talk about? After all, talking about pens would be extremely dangerous due to how powerful they are.

He has a little hat! He must be mayor of somewhere.

It's not acceptable in the slightest. A lifestyle of late nights and equally late mornings does not do well for one's health. Sheepie, if you're not in bed, then get to bed. And if you're already in bed, then go to bed anyway.
    We have New Years for staying up late for no good reason.
    Penknives?

Indeed. Mayorhood is the only career, for that budgie has no pipe! Only a piped hatter can be in the great clubs of the universe. Or something. Go make Knee do the wordsmithing, I'm bad at it.

Yes, Mr. Elemental. And my saying in that post that it is late in my timezone in no way reflected my plans to hit they hay, as they say. (I went to bed pretty much 3 minutes after typing that. SO myeh. I don't wanna go to bed again.)

It IS 10:30, my hour of getting out of bed-ining. I tend to lie in there for a good hour. Somedays I get up at 5 after going to bed at midnight. Those days are weird. I never feel tired.

And I probably still wouldn't read it. If this were an actual conversation, say at a party or something, I would have tuned out by now and gone somewhere secluded and read a book.
    I am terrible at parties.
    I DO THAT! Mostly for lack of my friends, who tend to disappear if I do not follow them. They disappear because having a sheep watch you make out in the corner is awkward.

Yes! I miss the giant walls of text.
    I THINK THIS IS ALREADY TOO LONG WALLS GAH. The you guys were talking about arguements and took every posible line of the other persons statement as a fully serious thing and blargh. B*O*RING.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    I would but it's 10pm in Brisbane, Aus. I could go catch a train (considering it's NYE, they'll probably be running all night, or till at least 1am like a friday/saturday night) but I'm not sure about how I would go if I either saw:

• Happy couples
    • Happy people in general
    • A puppy looking at me
    • Going past Carseldine Station with a panic/anxiety attack
    • Etc etc etc
    I art latith, but I must commntate. When I saw the NYE, I was thinking New York, and then I was confused Secunia you just said you were in Brisbane. WEIRD WORD.

My whole life I have been able to shoot fireworks on New Year's Eve only twice, because they're illegal in Massachusetts. However, tonight I am in Vienna, where they are completely legal. Oh this will be fun.
    Oh. Oh wow. Damned Austria, and their lax.... things.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

13. - Top - End - #763

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    ...I...
    Well done good sir.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

14. - Top - End - #764

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I THINK THIS IS ALREADY TOO LONG WALLS GAH. The you guys were talking about arguements and took every posible line of the other persons statement as a fully serious thing and blargh. B*O*RING.
    Sheep, it is clear from your typing that your opinions are thusly; text walls are long, long text walls are bad. If I dare to jump to conclusions, this implies you believe the concept of 'length' is a negative one. Sir, I disagree. In fact, I say that length in excess often allows for the fullness of a conversation to represent the fullness of the conception it regards. I concede you this, occasionally- and only occasionally- conversation length in such gratifying amounts may- may, possibly- lend a conversation negative aspects including but not limited to qualities of confusion, boring topical natures, lack of sleep, etcetera.

...Mutant, You have provided insufficient lines for me to take seriously and blargh at your lack of them. I must ask that you provide more, or end this discussion immediate-like, while you still have your pride.

Well done good sir.
    We will put a stop to this terror, one day Dragonprime, one day.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post

Oh. Oh wow. Damned Austria, and their lax.... things.
    The point of an intelligent debate is to discuss things in such a manner. The fact that we were arguing about arguments is an amusing layer of meta-arguing that I rather enjoyed.

It wasn't boring for me at all; on the contrary. It's the most fun I had in several hours yesterday into this morning.

You know, in a fair amount of southern states, fireworks are legal. (not Virginia, though) I know there are people around here that drive to Tennessee or South Carolina to get fireworks.

Sheep, it is clear from your typing that your opinions are thusly; text walls are long, long text walls are bad. If I dare to jump to conclusions, this implies you believe the concept of 'length' is a negative one. Sir, I disagree. In fact, I say that length in excess often allows for the fullness of a conversation to represent the fullness of the conception it regards. I concede you this, occasionally- and only occasionally- conversation length in such gratifying amounts may- may, possibly- lend a conversation negative aspects including but not limited to qualities of confusion, boring topical natures, lack of sleep, etcetera.
    I disagree; a lack of sleep tends to make for an interesting conversation, particularly if all members of the conversation are affected so. Confusion simply adds to the depth in which a conversation may descend (in the form of explanations), and the only boring topics are ones which I know little to nothing about.
    A few odds and ends.

16. - Top - End - #766

I disagree; a lack of sleep tends to make for an interesting conversation, particularly if all members of the conversation are affected so. Confusion simply adds to the depth in which a conversation may descend (in the form of explanations), and the only boring topics are ones which I know little to nothing about.
    Including but not limited to etcetera, occasionally possibly.

And those are the best ones to listen in on.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ettin in the Playground

Including but not limited to etcetera, occasionally possibly.

And those are the best ones to listen in on.
    I was refuting your points, not your qualifiers. (Yes, I know what you mean. )

True, and sometimes they're really good. I don't mind reading through DP and Curly talking about philosophy or history, for example; that's good stuff. Some other things, not as much.
    A few odds and ends.

18. - Top - End - #768

How would one refute a qualifier, anyway? A dictionary maybe?

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ettin in the Playground

How would one refute a qualifier, anyway? A dictionary maybe?
    Perhaps if it was a logical inaccuracy. "Sometimes" instead of "Always" or "Never", maybe.
    A few odds and ends.

20. - Top - End - #770

Perhaps if it was a logical inaccuracy. "Sometimes" instead of "Always" or "Never", maybe.
    No no, those are the best kinds of qualifiers. They really make you think.

Sometimes. Never.
    Last edited by Cobalt; 2012-12-31 at 01:37 PM.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

Happy new year from sweden!
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

22. - Top - End - #772

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I didn't even know boys could skank as a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

23. - Top - End - #773

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I didn't even know boys could skank as a verb.
    Tis a dance, and a fine dance indeed.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

24. - Top - End - #774

NecromancerGuy

Oh my.

Well, happy new year in advance, errybody. I'm going to go see breakfast at tiffany's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Tis a dance, and a fine dance indeed.
    Its a DANCE? How is calling ones mating pattner a dance so inflammatory? *aloooone for new years. THIS DOESNT USUSALLY HAPPEN! Whats happening? This isnt supposed to beeeee. *emos out*
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

Harpy New Year from the UK guys... Hang on, something's not right here...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

I SUMMON WALL OF TEXT

Ideally, you should acquire a kitten such that its presence as a fierce hunter or huntress shall deter mice from openly crossing the rooms of your house.
    My aunt has a young cat she wants to give away. She offered it to me at a family party on Fryday. But if she were to be any good at hunting mice, she would probably also be good at hunting budgies. And that is just not okay.

I don't know what to do ;____;

You are correct, I do not understand what you mean. The only way to attain a secret language of one's own is to invent one from scratch... None of those tongues is secret. I suppose I am just too rational and grounded a person to really understand your desire. What is it you actually crave? I cannot see it.
    All those tongues are secret to me; they represent impenetrable communities. And yet my community, my tongue, lies open to all: I have no impenetrable language among my own community. It stems in to my nostalgia and homesickness for a motherland that does not really exist. There is nothing irrational or ungrounded about it -- it's just difficult to express it with words.

None actually. I desire to learn another language because I feel like it's something I should be able to do. I had the opportunity, but I never pursued it to my eternal regret. I am in a way jealous of those who are bilingual because I feel that I am in some way lesser than them. It's particularly annoying as my five year old cousin speaks both English and Slovakian and I understand not a word of the latter because it isn't something I've had the chance to look at etymologically.
    Maybe I should learn Slovakian as one of my aunts is Slovakian...
    I think one needs a compelling and heartfelt reason to learn a language -- a generic feeling of being incomplete isn't enough motivation. Find one that speaks to your heart, and has a specific significance -- like Slovakian. My sister's husband speaks either Slovakian or some very similar tongue, as does his family, and she has come to speak it fluently as a result.

Latin always had this irresistible mystery to me, and I made it my goal in high school to learn it one day. It had a specific and personal significance, and I got straight A's in it throughout University even though it was unrelated to my degree.

Now that I find interesting. In my understanding, British Columbia is too cold for palms of any kind as I am certain they are not the slightest bit frost tolerant. Any idea of what kind of palm they are? Or are they grown indoors?
    Anyway... Should you ever visit Australia, then I must be sure to take you to see the Botanical Gardens. It has been a long time since I've been there and I am sure you will find them to be quite lovely. It'll also be the perfect opportunity to share with you some of the surviving examples of pre-relaxed height limits Brisbane. It's a shame they ever decided to do that.
    Most of British Columbia is too cold -- but there are parts, along the southern coast by Vancouver and Victoria, that are exceedingly mild. The Windmill Palm seems to be the main species. Come to think of it I may remember seeing some when I was in Vancouver in August. Isn't it neat?

I should like very much to go on a tour of these things with you. I bet the gardens are breathtaking. Would you also accompany me on a budgie-seeing trek?

He has a little hat! He must be mayor of somewhere.
    He is mayor of my heart, at least.

Yeah, it's not like I blame you or anything. I mean, I'm terrible at telling people what I'm thinking. Unless asked, I'll always tip-toe around it, dropping hints on a good day, but otherwise not mentioning a word. But no one ever asks me...

Sometimes I wish someone would do that: straight up ask me what I'm actually thinking, because there can be so much going on in my head at the same time, and I'm too considerate to just start talking about it, so the only relief valves for my thoughts are countless hours of solitude and half a dozen of creative projects in various stages of non-completion. If that ever happened, I would probably hug the person to deliver the question, because it'd mean so much to me.

Sadly, I've never really communicated this desire to anyone. I'm really terrible at putting myself first...
    I shall file this information into my knowledge of you, dear fellow. May I say, however: you are not a boring or irritating or foolish person! Quite the opposite. And it is wonderful (for me at least) when interesting people volunteer their thoughts. So it may be wise for you, in time, to learn not to wait to be asked.

I'll write a note, a wishlist, tuck it in a snowball and place it as the top of a snowball lantern. This note will read but nothing more than this: "a surprise"
    Then so you shall receive. I hope it will be pleasant!

ION:
    Back home. Why is all our snow thawing away? Just why?
    Oh no! Quickly, burn leaves to appease the snow demons!

You have given me nothing but kindness. Please forgive my blackguarding: I thought it would be amusing. *hugs* *sprinkles with an unreasonable amount of downy feathers*

I like garlic too, but this is about ginger. Probably a good thing too; I don't think I could eat a handful of raw ginger all at once, while I am completely confident in my ability to do the same to an equal amount of garlic.
    Ginger is far tougher to chew than garlic, but it is also quite pleasant to nibble on raw. Don't bite down big chunks though. Nibble.

In the Wheel of Time, I remember a scene where somebody gives Perrin some garlic they find while they're out on the trail. And he eats it raw for a treat. Do people actually enjoy raw garlic? It causes me physical pain, and not in any good way...

Happy new year from sweden!
    Yay! Happy New Year!

Still five and a half hours to go over here... I haven't even put on a tie or had a drink yet.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-12-31 at 07:38 PM.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ettin in the Playground

Happy New Years, in case I haven't said. 2013 will make it to me eventually.

I SUMMON WALL OF TEXT

I think one needs a compelling and heartfelt reason to learn a language -- a generic feeling of being incomplete isn't enough motivation. Find one that speaks to your heart, and has a specific significance -- like Slovakian. My sister's husband speaks either Slovakian or some very similar tongue, as does his family, and she has come to speak it fluently as a result.

Ginger is far tougher to chew than garlic, but it is also quite pleasant to nibble on raw. Don't bite down big chunks though. Nibble.

In the Wheel of Time, I remember a scene where somebody gives Perrin some garlic they find while they're out on the trail. And he eats it raw for a treat. Do people actually enjoy raw garlic? It causes me physical pain, and not in any good way...
    I am reminded of an AGC comic... lemme look for it. Ah, here we go.

I dunno, I just sort of learned a bunch of French on a whim. I'd have taken more French classes this past year, but it interfered with my regular schedule.

Ginger has a very strong flavour; more so than garlic. I would settle for eating it intermittently.

Raw garlic is good. I prefer for it to be cooked; it's softer and the flavour works itself into whatever you cook it with. Fried garlic (by itself or accompanying other food) is also good.
    A few odds and ends.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

I SUMMON WALL OF TEXT

-snip-
    I activate the Snip wrecking-ball. Bye-bye, wall of text
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I activate the Snip wrecking-ball. Bye-bye, wall of text
    Best. Spell. Ever.

The store I work at is so far behind on the work, it's ridiculous .-.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.