New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default My Little Townie: WW is Magic (game start on page 3)

Ponyville. A nice, peaceful town. Home to three different races of mythical equines, plus a handful of other anthropomorphic animals. Despite some sort of drama happening about every week, everything always worked out in the end, and it was a nice place to live. A hay bale in every trough and a cart in every garage.

But that all changed when the changeling nation attacked.

Nobody knew how long they had been there. They had probably been infiltrating for years. But when ponies started disappearing, and rumors of buglike creatures seen at night, everypony knew who was behind it, and what must be done.

They must kill them all.

RULES:

Wolf roles(5):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Queen Chrysalis (Alpha Wolf): The Queen of the changelings, Chrysalis is a master of disguising herself so as to be completely indistinguishable from a normal pony. Scries as a villager.

Spy Changeling (Devil): This changeling is particularly good at blending into the background and spying on ponies. The Spy Changeling can scry one person per night.

Guard Changeling (Beast+Shield): This changeling will protect their countrymen, even with their life. When they get killed during the night phase, they will kill the one who killed them. If they are lynched, they kill one player of their choice. Also, once per night, they may target another changeling. The Guard Changeling takes any kills directed at that player.

Vampire Changeling (Voider): This changeling is particularly skilled at draining love from ponies. Once per night, they may target another player. Any night actions that player makes that night are cancelled, and their vote does not count the next day. (This does not cancel passive abilities, such as Applejack's toughness.)

Changelings(2) (Wolves): Changelings are bug-like creatures that feed off the love of other races, and can disguise themselves. There are two of this role. Standard wolf role.

Villager roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Twilight Sparkle (Seer): One of the Mane 6. This studious unicorn lives in the Ponyville Library, and one of the books there just so happens to be about how to identify changelings. Twilight Sparkle can scry one person per night.

Fluttershy (Baner): One of the Mane 6. This kind yellow pegasus pony knows how to take care of critters and other ponies alike. Once per night she can target one other player. That player is protected from night kills that night. If she targets another one of the Mane 6, and that player is also targeted by a night kill that night, that player and Fluttershy will be put into contact.

Trixie (Fool): This unicorn pretends she's skilled, but she's just acting. She can scry one person at night, but will get the scry result of a random living player instead of an accurate scry. Trixie will be told she’s Twilight Sparkle by the narrator.

Applejack (Invincible Llama): One of the Mane 6. This tough, stubborn, dependable pony will stick by her friends to the bitter end.. Applejack will survive the first kill attempt made at her (not counting lynching).

Rarity (Emperor): One of the Mane 6. Rarity is popular, the type of pony everypony should know. Her vote counts as two.

Pinkie Pie (Voider): One of the Mane 6. This pink party pony is a weapon of mass distraction. Once per night, she may target another player. Any night actions that player makes that night are cancelled, and their vote does not count the next day. (This does not cancel passive abilities, such as the Alpha's disguise or the Beast's retaliation kill.)

Rainbow Dash (limited Vigilante): One of the Mane 6. Rainbow Dash is a superfast athletic pony who has a tendency to dash in and take brash actions. Three times per game during the night phase, she can target another player to night kill. If she targets another of the Mane 6, or one of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, they are not killed and instead are put into contact with Rainbow Dash. (The kill is still used up.)

Cutie Mark Crusaders: Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo (Masons): These three are like peas in a pod. They don't know who the changelings are, but they know it can't be any of them. The Cutie Mark Crusaders start the game knowing each other.

Ponies: The average citizens of Ponyville. Standard villager role.

There are no neutral roles.

RULES:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Helgraf’s scry interference rule will be in effect. This means that if two or more scriers scry the same player on the same night, the scry will fail. The scriers will be given no information other than “scry failed” (They will not be informed whether the other scrier was the Twilight Sparkle, Trixie, the Spy Changeling, or a combination of them.)

Twilight Sparkle and Trixie will see only the allegiance of the person scried (Pony/Changeling), not the precise role. The Spy Changeling will see the exact role.

A person who does not vote for three consecutive game days will be auto-lynched. However, if you find out that you will be unable to play, I request that you notify me immediately so that I can put in a replacement. This would be greatly appreciated.

Votes for the lynch each day must be put in red text. You can change your vote during the day phase by crossing out your previous vote and re-voting. There is no % lynch majority requirement, someone will be lynched each day phase. If there is a tie for most votes, the player to have reached that number of votes first will be the one lynched.

Day phases will last 48 hours, night phases 24 hours. I will accept night actions in advance, if anyone knows they will be busy during the night phase.

NARRATOR: Disc Lorde

Players(23):
    Spoiler
    Show

1. banjo1985
    2. Murska
    3. Nonayer
    4. Duck999
    5. Zar Peter
    6. Meta
    7. Ramsus
    8. Random_person
    9. Rain Dragon
    10. aric_kale
    11. Lex-Kat
    12. Elemental
    13. Count Dingdong
    14. Askthepizzaguy
    15. smuchmuch
    16. Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    17. Chessgeek
    18. EmeraldRose
    19. DukeGod
    20. mangosta71
    21. The Fiery Tower
    22. Haruki-Kun
    23. Castaras

Auto-Lynch Replacements:
    Saposhiente

(As of post #50.)

Power roles may be trimmed if there aren't enough players. About 40 players would be needed to comfortably use all given power roles.

Recruitment ends May 13 20, 2014 and the game will start shortly after.

New to Werewolf games? Read this!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Werewolf Games, commonly abbreviated as WW, are strategy games, where the players have to lie, trick, deceive and backstab as much as they possibly can.

The game works like this: Werewolf players are given a role via Private Message. This role is secret and is only known to the player and the narrators. The premise is to keep that role secret from the rest of the players.

There are two basic teams: The Wolves and the Villagers. The Villagers have as their winning condition to find out who among them are Wolves. Since everyone's role is a secret, it takes a while of guesswork and strategy to manage this. The Wolves, on the other hand, have as their goal to hide among the Villagers and make the villagers suspect each other while surviving until they eliminate enough villagers so that the villager number equals their own. (e.g. four Villagers left with four Wolves left in the game means the Wolves won)

The game is divided in two Phases: The Day Phase and the Night Phase. During the Day Phase, everyone, Wolves and Villagers alike, point at someone to vote on who is going to be lynched that day. As a general rule, this is done by writing the person's name in red text. The player with the most votes will be lynched, that is to say eliminated from the game. Day Phases generally last 48 real-time hours.

The Night Phase is for stuff that happens under the table. Some people have roles other than simple "Villager" and "Wolf". I'll get to specifics in a moment. People with these special roles usually have "night actions" that require targeting a certain player. This is done by PM'ing the narrator with the action. During the Night Phase, the Wolves send in an action to kill one player of their choice. The player's death is announced at the end of a Night Phase, and then the next Day Phase starts. Night Phases generally last 24 hours.

To sum that up: During the Day Phase ALL players discuss and vote on what player to eliminate from the game (lynch), Wolves theoretically try to steer the voting towards other Villagers and/or try to look as innocent as possible.

On Power Roles: As mentioned before there are several Roles. "Wolf" and "Villager" are the most basic of roles, but games usually include more. The basic power roles are:
    A Seer, who sends in an action every night to the narrator to "scry" another player, one per night. The narrator will tell the Seer what role that player has.
    A Baner, who protects one person from being killed each night.
    A Fool, who is told he is the Seer, but actually gets results for scries at random.
    A Devil, who is basically the Seer for the Wolf team.
    The Masons who are a group of Villagers who start off knowing each other's roles. (They're all working together.)

Those are the rules of the Classic Werewolf game. Usually, however, games have several variations and other roles. The special roles and variations for this game are defined in the roles for each game section.

On another note: Players must vote, they cannot abstain. If a player fails to vote for a certain number of game days in a row, he or she will be automatically disqualified, known as an Auto-lynch. Typically, auto-lynches happen after two days of not voting, but this particular game is a little more lenient and auto-lynches after three days of not voting.

When a player is lynched, killed, or auto'd, his death is announced, he is removed from the game, and his role is made public. While players are allowed (and encouraged) to communicate with each other outside the main thread by PM or IM, dead players cannot be contacted and cannot attempt to influence the game in any way. Attempting to influence the game after you die, or attempting to get information from a dead player is cheating.

That explains the basics of Werewolf Games. I hope you enjoy this game!
    Last edited by Disc Lorde; 2014-05-25 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Mispelled "night".

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Townie: WW is Magic

Huh. Never seen a blank OP before.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    'Tis fascinating, is it not?
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    On the old forum software at least, it was possible if you filled your post with a certain special character that counted for the 10 character minimum but then was removed afterwards. This has gotta be a bug though.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2014-05-03 at 12:03 AM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

What happened to all the text I put in there? Now I'll have to write it all over again. I may as well PM Alarra first though, to make sure it's not somewhere on the forum servers.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Disc Lorde View Post
    What happened to all the text I put in there? Now I'll have to write it all over again. I may as well PM Alarra first though, to make sure it's not somewhere on the forum servers.
    I generally type it up in a word document or somehing so it is saved outside the forum.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

That's the first time I've seen this too. I don't know what might have happened. I'd recommend rewriting it. If you really don't want to, I can check with Rawhide to see if there's a way to recover it. It may take a few days though.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I'll rewrite it later tonight.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I'll have the OP up tomorrow night. Sorry for the delay.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm being lynched in the only two games I'm playing, so I''ll be in no matter what the rules are.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

I was night killed in both those games. Looks like retaliation for winning Minecraft.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Rules posted and recruitment is open.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

I'll join, because why not.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I just died in both games I was playing and I'm only joining one other so... It seems I'm in. Ponies huh? Who would've thought...

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

In.
    Sounds fun. Must, usurp, ponies.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

Signing up!

Never really got into the series but it was quite fun.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'll sign up.

I hope we get enough players to use all the roles, there's a bunch I haven't seen in action!
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

I'm in. Is the alpha the "choose your team" kind? (I ask because not enough games do that in my opinion.)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I'm in. Is the alpha the "choose your team" kind? (I ask because not enough games do that in my opinion.)
    No. I've seen that as a rule, and it sounds way OP to me. It allows the wolves to pick off the best strategists before the game even starts. I prefer roles being randomly assigned.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure, I'll play.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

I'm interested, but I'd like to know the length of day and night phases before actually signing up.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chessgeek View Post
    I'm interested, but I'd like to know the length of day and night phases before actually signing up.
    Actually, I've been trying to decide that myself. I'm thinking either 72-48 or 48-24. 48-24 would get done faster and ensure that no one had to wait too long for something to do, but 72-48 would mean less players missing their night actions. Personally, I can do either. Which do you guys want?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

I want to play as well.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

24. - Top - End - #24

I've only seen six episodes, but this sounds fun. In.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

No. I've seen that as a rule, and it sounds way OP to me. It allows the wolves to pick off the best strategists before the game even starts. I prefer roles being randomly assigned.
    The smartest Alphas choose a mixture of new players and good players. I've not yet seen an Alpha choose all the best players and win, but perhaps I missed it.

Actually, I've been trying to decide that myself. I'm thinking either 72-48 or 48-24. 48-24 would get done faster and ensure that no one had to wait too long for something to do, but 72-48 would mean less players missing their night actions. Personally, I can do either. Which do you guys want?
    I like 48-24. But I'm fine with 72-48.

Oh, and I forgot to say I'm In.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2014-05-06 at 08:51 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

I think shorter days are better, with extensions added as necessary. Say the group as a whole has been inactive, just add another 12-24 hours.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Sign me up.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

I tend to try to do 72-48 at the start of a big game, where there are lots of players to vote and actions to be PM'ed, then reduce it to closer to 48-24 at around the half way point. As a player I'm quite comfortable with either time period though.

Oh, and now I know this is MLP, I shall be playing as Big Macintosh.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

29. - Top - End - #29
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

I haven't signed up for this yet, have I? Well, then! Count me in! It's only right that I play an MLP WW once more alongside Careless....

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh gosh...

Well, I've been intentionally not signing up for every single game here to give folks some breathing space.

But if you're going to need 40 players, then I will sign up under what I call "meat shield" conditions. The condition is that I will sign up but I will specifically play using a self-imposed rule of 5 posts or less per day. I cannot go hard in every single game, or else all anyone ever reads is pages of my posts, so I won't do that to people. I'd sign up as a meat shield.