New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    C 943

Ah crap, I have to make them PC-playable? That doesn't seem possible, considering their race is effectively a minmaxed dumb brute. Even if you put this thing at LA +0, it's going to be minimum ECL 9, which is at the point when healers can outperform you in a fight. It also epitomizes the dumb brute concept by making you weak to psionics while pumping damage. With a player (who can put all their feats into one tactic), you're going to the see one-trickiest of one-trick ponies.
    C943
    Oh gods no! Can you imagine how unlucky it'd be for the party to have one on a team when fighting mind flayers? I just like knowing ECL because the players frequently ask "Is this thing a playable race?" and I like having an answer on hand if it's asked.
    Last edited by gurgleflep; 2013-08-14 at 04:44 PM.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gurgleflep View Post
    C943

And just in case Smoke Prism's still lurking/brewing, I would still like to see your version of it - options can be quite helpful, especially when you're using mind flayers and their yaggol counterparts (Dragonlance)
    C943

I can still come up with something, but you will have to give me some time (I'm spinning a lot of plates at the moment).
    Last edited by smoke prism; 2013-08-14 at 04:53 PM.

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    — Friedrich Nietzsche

View my newest homebrew (feedback is greatly appreciate):
    The Vile speaker-http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-PEACH-welcome

3. - Top - End - #843
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gurgleflep View Post
    C943
    Oh gods no! Can you imagine how unlucky it'd be for the party to have one on a team when fighting mind flayers? I just like knowing ECL because the players frequently ask "Is this thing a playable race?" and I like having an answer on hand if it's asked.
    LA is only relevant if the answer is "yes".

"No" is a valid answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #844

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    LA is only relevant if the answer is "yes".

"No" is a valid answer.
    C943
    Fair enough. I hate having to spend an entire day having people roll up characters, so no is a good suggestion
    Last edited by gurgleflep; 2013-08-14 at 05:50 PM.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Halfling in the Playground

Lizardfolk

R. 948

Hey guys, wasn't able to find anything like this through google (might have used wrong terms), but I'd kinda like to have an alternate to the LA-Buyoff system for D&D 3.X

I'd like a homebrew system to trade LA for a Hit Die, skill points, and attribute boost(s), like if you took a level as the race.

For example: Using this system, take a Half-Dragon creature (+3 LA), and somehow convert it to LA+0, but 3 Hit Dice, some attribute bonuses, skill points etc. What amount of Gold/EXP/Time or method(s) can you think of that would be relatively OK?

6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C. 948

No amount of gold should buy off LA.

Technically LA is already bought off with experience since it takes longer for a PC with LA to level up.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

7. - Top - End - #847
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

R949:

Please someone make the class being created in the examples of this thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205677
    "Bender knows love, and love doesn't share itself with the world. Love is suspicious, love is needy. Love is fearful, love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!"- Bender Bending Rodriguez

8. - Top - End - #848

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    C. 948

No amount of gold should buy off LA.

Technically LA is already bought off with experience since it takes longer for a PC with LA to level up.

Debby
    C. 948

So let me re-try that; I want to turn LA into a Hit Die (for Base Attack Bonus and health at least). Are you saying that such a change would be too powerful?

9. - Top - End - #849

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by smoke prism View Post
    C943

I can still come up with something, but you will have to give me some time (I'm spinning a lot of plates at the moment).
    C943
    Take all the time you need
    Sorry for the late reply by the way, I hadn't realized you'd commented until just now
    Last edited by gurgleflep; 2013-08-16 at 08:24 PM.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Starcofski View Post
    C. 948

So let me re-try that; I want to turn LA into a Hit Die (for Base Attack Bonus and health at least). Are you saying that such a change would be too powerful?
    It's not the HD that are the problem. Generally the special abilities and in particular the spell-like abilities (if there are a lot of them) are the problem. Those shouldn't be gained at first level since that makes it a very powerful PC.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starcofski View Post
    C. 948

C 948
    I've had OK luck with giving an equal number of commoner levels instead of LA.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

12. - Top - End - #852

H.949
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Cacographer

Prerequisites:
    Skills: Bluff 6 ranks
    Ride 6 ranks

Hit Dice: d6

Skill Points: 2 + Int

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Spells Class Features
    1st +1 +0 +2 +0 0 Suppah Speed
    2nd +2 +0 +3 +0 1 Blitzenkreg
    3rd +3 +1 +3 +1 2 Skillz Shot
    4th +4 +1 +4 +1 3 Lolikat
    5th +5 +1 +4 +1 4 Happy Dance

Class Skills: Craft (Awful Prose), Spot, Run (Dex), Ride, All previous class skills

Class Features: All of the following are class features of the Cacographer.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: The Cocagrapher gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Spells (Sp): At each level the Cacographer can select a spell from the Sorcerer/Wizard list of up to the level shown on the table. Once a day the Cacographer can cast this spell as a spell like ability.

Suppah Speed: The Cacographer has access to the run skill. They may make a run check as a whenever they move. If the result of the check is below 10, the Cacographer's base land speed decreases by 5 ft. * (result-10) for that movement. If the check is above ten, the Cacographer's base land speed increases by (10-result) for that movement.

Blitzenkrieg (Sp): Upon reaching 2nd level, a Cacographer gains the service of an unusually intelligent, strong, and loyal steed to serve her in her crusade against spelling. This mount is a reindeer (Use the stats of a Heavy Warhorse for a medium Cacographer, and a warpony for a small Cacographer, with a fly equal to its base land speed and average maneuverability).

As a full round action the Cacographer may call their mount from the North Pole in which it resides. This ability is the equivalent of a spell of a level equal to one-third the Cacographer’s level. The mount immediately appears adjacent to the Cacographer and remains for 2 hours per Cacographer level; it may be dismissed at any time as a free action. The mount is the same creature each time it is summoned.

Additionally, the Cacographer and mount may employ the following tactical maneuver:
    Blitzenkrieg: To use this maneuver, your mount must be flying and you must be on the ground. If your mount flanks a foe that you are attacking you both gain an additional +2 bonus on attack rolls against this foe, and your attacks ignore DR and hardness.

Skillz Shot: You throw a spherical object of approximately 30 inches circumference at an opponent. You must succeed on a ranged touch attack to hit (this attack ignores cover, concealment and miss chances). If this attack hits the opponent enters a Rage (as the spell) and must engage you in melee.

Lolikat: Once a day you may wildshape (as the Druid class feature) into a Cat. Use your HD as your druid level to determine the duration of this effect. While in this state you may cast the spell Charm Person as a spell-like ability at-will. You may not direct those you have Charmed. Ending the Wildshape ends the Charm Person effect.

Happy Dance (Su): After winning an encounter you and up to 5 others may do a Happy Dance. The Happy Dance takes a minimum of 1 minute. When completed it restores the participants to full health and grants a +5 moral bonus to all skill checks and saves for 10 minutes or until losing an encounter.

Edit: So, is anyone working on 947? (The Artificer/Meldshaper PrC). If not then I have a couple questions for the requester. Mainly about what level he wants to enter the PrC at, if he has Craft Construct, how many levels the PrC should go to, etc.
    Last edited by Arkhaic; 2014-04-18 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Fixed Table
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbacz
    For some people, at-will non-mundane martial abilities = wuxia anime = MMOs = 4E = Hitler = dead kittens.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Logic is silly, and has little place in the real world.

13. - Top - End - #853

R 949

Hello there!
    Im working on a prestige class for an npc, he is a gypsy-bard set in the realm of raven loft. I need some ideas how to convert This Into a good aligned, ANTI undead prestige class, (he plays his music and undead are disrupted or something like that.) It is a pathfinder Campaign so i was thinking I could also use the Dirge Bard Archetype But once again that is more of an evil theme going on with intimidate and the Dance of the dead ability.

Any tips or ideas? I dont really want to fall back on giving him a channel energy ability.
    Amazing avatar designed by Ceika

14. - Top - End - #854

H. 950 I am assuming you meant to link to the Dirgesinger from Libris Mortis, as the version you linked has to do with Drow, not undead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lifesinger

Prerequisites:
    Alignment: Any Good
    Knowledge (Religion) 4 ranks, Perform (any) 8 ranks
    Feats: Requiem
    Special: Bardic Music Class Feature

Hit Die: d6

Skill Points: 4 + Int
    Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Craft (any), Diplomacy, Intimidate, Knowledge (History, Religion), Listen, Perform (any), Sense Motive, Speak Language
    Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Lifesingers gain no proficiency with any weapons, armor, or shields.

Lifesong: A lifesinger gains the lifesong ability. Lifesong follows the same rules as bardic music (see Bardic Music, page 29 of the Player's Handbook). Lifesinger levels stack with bard levels for the purpose of determining how often a character can use lifesong or bardic music. Lifesinger levels do not stack with bard levels for determining which bardic music effects and spells a bard has access to. Each of these songs counts as a use of bardic music.

Song of Disruption: The life and joy emanating from a lifesinger disrupts undead and evil creatures. To be affected an enemy must be able to hear the lifesinger perform and be evil or undead. The effect lasts as long as the enemy hears the lifesinger perform. An effected enemy takes a -2 penalty to Will saves, attack rolls and damage rolls. A successful Will save (DC 10 + the lifesinger's ranks in Perform) negates the effect and makes the character immune to that lifesinger's song of disruption ability for 24 hours. Song of Disruption is a mind-affecting ability.

Song of Renewal: At 2nd level and higher, a lifesinger can bolster living allies and grant them an boon when fighting undead. All allies within 30 ft. of the lifesinger deal an additional 1d6 damage to undead. The bolstering lasts for as long as the lifesinger performs and for 10 rounds thereafter.

Song of True Life: The lifesinger sings a song of life that confuses and enrages undead. The creature must be within 60 feet of the lifesinger, able to hear him and an undead or willingly under the effects of a Necromancy spell. Unless the target succeeds on a Will save (DC 10 + the lifesinger's ranks in Perform), she becomes confused for as long as the lifesinger performs and for 5 rounds thereafter. Song of True Life is an enchantment (compulsion), mind-affecting ability.

Song of Judgement: At 4th level the lifesinger gains the ability to call down judgement upon undead. Any enemy within 60 feet who can hear the lifesinger must succeed on a Will save (DC 10 + the lifesinger's ranks in Perform) or take 1d6 points of Strength damage and 1d6 points of Dexterity damage or take 4d6 untyped damage (lifesinger's choice). A creature that is affected by a lifesinger's song of judgement or a creature that successfully saves against this effect cannot be affected by the same lifesinger's song of horror for 24 hours, but instead takes 4d6 holy damage.

Song of Courage: The lifesinger emboldens allies even in the face of ever shrinking odds. To be affected, an ally must be able to hear the dirgesinger perform. Allies that can see or hear the lifesinger gain a bonus to strength, dexterity and constitution equal to the number of visible enemies minus the number of visible allies, to a minimum of one and a maximum of 6. Allies at or below half health gains a bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls equal to the lifesinger's level, and allies below a quarter health additionally gain fast healing equal to the lifesinger's class level. This effect lasts for as long as the lifesinger performs and for 5 rounds afterwards.

Song of Resurrection: The lifesinger sings a song that brings an ally back from the brink of death. They must be in physical contact with the ally's corpse when they sing this song, and the ally must have been dead for no longer than 1 minute. This has the effect of a revivify spell. The Song of Resurrection ability may only be used once per day, regardless of how many bardic music attempts you have remaining.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lifesong Bard:
    Yeah, I'm out of name ideas.
    Bardic Performance:

Rejuvenating Dance (Su): At 10th level, a Lifesong bard can use his bardic performance to energize an ally or weaken an undead. This ability functions like Kiss of the First World, but the spell's duration is only as long as the Lifesong bard continues the performance. Once it stops, effect ends. Bodies or bones cannot be animated more than once using this ability. Unlike Kiss of the First World, Rejuvenating Dance requires no components and does not have the evil descriptor.

This ability replaces Jack of All Trades

Bright-Eyed (Ex):

At 2nd level, a Lifesong Bard gains a +4 bonus on saves against fear, energy drain, death effects, and necromantic effects.

This ability replaces well-versed.

Know Thine Enemy (Ex):

At 2nd level, a Lifesong Bard gains a bonus equal to half his bard level on Knowledge (religion) checks made to identify undead creatures and their abilities. A Lifesong Bard may use mind-affecting spells to affect undead as if they were living creatures, even if they are mindless (though spells that affect only humanoids do not affect them, even if they were humanoids in life).

In addition, you gain Undead as a Favored Enemy (as per the Ranger Class Feature). At 5th level and every five levels afterwards this bonus increases by two.

This ability replaces Versatile Performance

Demoralize Undead:

At 5th level, a dirge bard is able to stir terror even in the hearts of the undead. He can attempt to demoralize undead with a Perform check in place of an intimidate check with a bonus equal to half his bard level. In addition, saving throws against any fear effect he creates are made with a –2 penalty, and this penalty increases by –1 every 5 levels beyond 5th. This ability bypasses immunity to Morale effects.

This ability replaces lore master.

Edit: Okay, song of courage needs work. Definitely.
    Edit 2: A lifesinger and a single fighter can't wipe out entire armies now.
    Last edited by Arkhaic; 2013-08-18 at 11:40 PM.
    For some people, at-will non-mundane martial abilities = wuxia anime = MMOs = 4E = Hitler = dead kittens.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Dwarf in the Playground

H. 946

Since you seemed to like Krimm's leprechaun but wanted a "luckier" one, here is the Lucky Leprechaun.

Gnome Subrace: Leprechaun
    [LIST]
    *Snip*
    Leprechauns are usually chaotic. Leprechaun clerics have access to the Chaos, Luck, and Trickery domains.

Does this work for you?

Debby

EVERYONE: please number your posts. R for Request/C for Comment/H for Homebrew. If a request lacks a number, it's likely to be forgotten and there are too many requests to figure out which comment is for a particular request.
    Oh wow. You got to this faster than i expected. Yes it does work.
    Thanks Debb.

------------------------------------------
    One of friends has gotten into Ayakashi:Ghost Guild and asked me to request a homebrew.

R451

A base class that Awakens spirits that reside in particular objects(aka creating intelligent items). I pointed out incarnum, pact magic, and a homebrew
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=14

She showed interest in these but was still quite adamant about a homebrew
    Last edited by Merchant; 2013-08-20 at 01:13 AM.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

H 943

Inferuthid

{TABLE]Size/Type:|Large Aberration
    Hit Dice:|8d8 + 24 (60)
    Initiative:|+1
    Speed:|30 ft. (6 squares)
    Armor Class:|12 (-1 size, +1 dexterity, +2 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 11 (see text)
    Base Attack/Grapple:|+6/+18
    Attack:|slam +9 (2d6 + 54 or rock +6 (2d6 + 4)
    Full Attack:|slam +9/+4 (2d6 + 4) or rock +6 (2d6 + 4)
    Space/Reach:|10 ft./10 ft.
    Special Attacks:|Psi-like abilities
    Special Qualities:|Mind Link, Darkvision 60 ft.
    Saves:| Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5
    Abilities:| Str 19, Dex 12, Con 17, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 7
    Skills:|Climb +15, Jump +15
    Feats:|Improved Unarmed StrikeB, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Grapple
    Environment:|Underground
    Organization:|Solitary, work crew (2-4), or squad (10-20)
    Challenge Rating:|4
    Treasure:|None
    Alignment:|Usually lawful evil
    Advancement:|by class level
    Level Adjustment:| -
    [/TABLE]

[Put you fluff here]

Combat

If outside of 30 feet, inferthids throw rocks until their enemies come close, whereupon they use slam attacks to lay down the hurt. Most inferuthids follow the commands of their respective mind flayer, but uncommanded or independent inferuthids will attack the weakest-looking target within 30 feet.

Psi-Like Abilities: 3/day--biofeedback (2/-); 1/day--body adjustment (1d12), body equilibrium. Manifester level 3rd.

Mind Link (Ex): Inferuthid are bred to be particularly weak to the psionic powers of mind flayers. A manifestation of psionic charm by a mind flayer will permanently mind link the inferuthid that fails its save to that flayer (breaking all other mind links). This grants him a hive mind ability with that mind flayer and any inferuthids that mind flayer links to.

While mind linked, if one illithid or inferuthid is aware of danger, all are. If one in a group is not flat-footed, none of them are. No illithid or inferuthid is considered flanked unless all of them are.

This bred susceptability also means Inferuthids have -2 on all saves from psionic powers or psi-like abilities. This is not factored into the statistics above.

Rock Throwing (Ex): Inferuthids are also trained rock throwers and can hurl rocks weighing 40 to 50 pounds each (Small objects) up to five range increments, at 20 ft. per increment.

17. - Top - End - #857

HalfOrcPirate

C943

I like My players on the other hand? Not so much
    Thanks

18. - Top - End - #858

R 951
    Could someone please make:
    Misspelled Magic [Metamagic] (Perhaps you can only change a number of letters up to the metamagic adjustment?)
    Respell Magic (Applies the Misspelled Magic feat to a spell, similar to dispel magic)

19. - Top - End - #859
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C 951

It's been done already see here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...81&postcount=1

See also Hideous Daughter spell in my creations.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-08-24 at 03:20 PM.

20. - Top - End - #860

C 951

It's been done already see here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...81&postcount=1

See also Hideous Daughter spell in my creations.

Debby
    I am fully aware of that (hence both names being taken straight out of that thread). The hideous daughter spell is funny though. I was looking for some mechanics for spell level adjustment, etc.

Edit: (Though, obviously the mechanics of the misspelled spells are up to the DM in question)
    Last edited by Arkhaic; 2013-08-24 at 04:07 PM.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ogre in the Playground

R 952

Could someone create a few different types of dragons for me? They don't need to have true dragon progressions, unless you wish for the challenge (which would absolutely rock). I was thinking CR 14 (or better yet, above that) for each.

With the exception of the Plague dragon, they would each have an elemental subtype, id guess.

Earthquake, Hurricane, Plague, Pyroclastic, and Tsunami

they are meant to be bringers of natural disasters in my world.
    Last edited by LordErebus12; 2013-08-24 at 08:11 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belladonis Campaign Setting 3.5
    Casting as a Skill

Learn from your mistakes, 3.5...
    Fill in those dead levels...

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the World Serpent Inn!
    Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

Extended Signature (90% complete)

22. - Top - End - #862
    Firbolg in the Playground

C 952 Zaydos made this Plague Dragon at my request.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

C 952

Is there an upper limit for the Cr's?

And do you want these things to be of equal cr, or some sort of order?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

24. - Top - End - #864

C952

Doesn't Draconomicon have a pyroclastic dragon?

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    C 952 Zaydos made this Plague Dragon at my request.
    I'll take a look at it...

Edit: I like it, but my only nitpick is the water subtype. not a big deal, but it reminds me of the black dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    C 952

Is there an upper limit for the Cr's?

And do you want these things to be of equal cr, or some sort of order?
    No particular order and no limit. In my world, there are only 6 types of dragons; the previously mentioned dragons, plus the radiation dragon (something i wanted to work on eventually).

As previously mentioned, they represent natural disasters and live apart from the world they live in.

They do not breed anymore, all are ancient and immortal; far too powerful to wish for more competition. This means half-dragons do not exist, nor does any other variation of draconic blooded creatures.

They are all corrupt Evil beings; they despise and slaughter all non-dragons on sight (they tolerate the dragons to a degree), and generally work to end the world as it currently is. They also all worship 'The Devourer', a CE greater god (with the domains: Chaos, Dragon, Evil, Greed, Hatred, Destruction, Suffering) that seeks to devour the world.

Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    C952

Doesn't Draconomicon have a pyroclastic dragon?
    no idea. if it does, i'll look into it.

Edit: Perfect! The only nitpick is the extraplanar subtype and its alignment, which in the latter's case, it doesnt matter much as long as its evil.
    Last edited by LordErebus12; 2013-08-24 at 10:15 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belladonis Campaign Setting 3.5
    Casting as a Skill

Learn from your mistakes, 3.5...
    Fill in those dead levels...

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the World Serpent Inn!
    Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

Extended Signature (90% complete)

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhaic View Post
    R 951
    Could someone please make:
    Misspelled Magic [Metamagic] (Perhaps you can only change a number of letters up to the metamagic adjustment?)
    Respell Magic (Applies the Misspelled Magic feat to a spell, similar to dispel magic)
    C 951

This isn't actually capable of being expressed as a feat. The effect would be something like "change some letters in a spell description, the DM makes up an effect related to the new name". That's not worth a feat, because at best you're getting the DM to break the game for you and at worst the spell will be terrible because on-the-spot homebrew usually is.

If you've got a cool misspelling to write up, just make it a spell.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C 951

Quick Google search search brought me to this:

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Misspell_(3.5e_Spell)
    It probably works better as a spell than a feat in any case.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-08-25 at 03:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

29. - Top - End - #869
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

R 953

Looking for someone to make a base class or early entry prestige class, that focuses on creating magical beasts by combining animals, for example the owlbear.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

Quote Originally Posted by desero clades View Post
    R 953

Looking for someone to make a base class or early entry prestige class, that focuses on creating magical beasts by combining animals, for example the owlbear.
    C953
    I don´t actually have an idea how to make what you are asking for, but here are some things that should set you on the right track or at least give you some inspiration. This does pretty much what you intend, but unfortunately it is an Epic-level spell. Nevertheless, the point buy system it uses to make new creatures is quite simple and that may be useful to you.

Speaking of point buy, the ozodrin is a (quite famous) base class that uses a system of form points to give the character a wide array of versatile mutations. As a bonus, it is not complex, even if it is kind of long, and appears to be well balanced (to my inexperienced eye).
    As an aside to finish this off, you might be interested in how to build player races and character classes from scratch, which is what this tries to do, using a mix-and-match approach that employs pre-written generic abilities to cover pretty much every archetype you could want.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by ScIaDrd; 2013-08-28 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Just a silly mistake
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started mine in the Players´ house in a large elven city.
    Boring, duh.
    GENERATION 17: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment

My Paladin´s to-be motto:
    Peace and love through superior firepower and divine righteousness.
    If you approve, copy and paste this into your signature.