New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D IV: Oh, the Inhumanity!

Then Thoughts
    Spoiler
    Show

A+ episode in my mind. As much as AoS drags and stumbles, it really knows how to hit those big moments.

Confirmed that Ward killed the dogs. They're setting Ward up as a big bad, which I like. Ever since he grew that stubble (I see you there TV Tropes), he's had plenty of charisma for a main villain. I hope they don't make his motivation "REVENGE ON SHIELD FOR KILLING MY GIRLFRIEND...WHO I KILLED"

But yeah. An excellent show. The Fish Oil is probably there as a Civil War setup. Random Inhumans will activate around the world (Does the fish-oil process make it non-lethal to humans now? Otherwise you'd think they would perform a recall) so there can be plenty of "PERSON HAS POWERZ NOW!" going on.

As for Simmons. If she's dead, it's what I call a "Whedon Death". Drama for the sake of drama, no dignity or anything for the characters. The other characters do what they would have done anyway, but now they're sad. If she's not dead, then that's comic books.
    [/QUOTE]

Spoiler
    Show
    The girlfriend thing is probably going to be waved around as an excuse, but by now we know how empty Ward's words are. He'll use any excuse to do what he wants and justify his actions. I would find it highly ironic, but also a bit lame, if he swallowed some pills and gained a power..
    Simmons is not dead.
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
    Then Thoughts
    Spoiler
    Show

A+ episode in my mind. As much as AoS drags and stumbles, it really knows how to hit those big moments.

Confirmed that Ward killed the dogs. They're setting Ward up as a big bad, which I like. Ever since he grew that stubble (I see you there TV Tropes), he's had plenty of charisma for a main villain. I hope they don't make his motivation "REVENGE ON SHIELD FOR KILLING MY GIRLFRIEND...WHO I KILLED"

But yeah. An excellent show. The Fish Oil is probably there as a Civil War setup. Random Inhumans will activate around the world (Does the fish-oil process make it non-lethal to humans now? Otherwise you'd think they would perform a recall) so there can be plenty of "PERSON HAS POWERZ NOW!" going on.

As for Simmons. If she's dead, it's what I call a "Whedon Death". Drama for the sake of drama, no dignity or anything for the characters. The other characters do what they would have done anyway, but now they're sad. If she's not dead, then that's comic books.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The girlfriend thing is probably going to be waved around as an excuse, but by now we know how empty Ward's words are. He'll use any excuse to do what he wants and justify his actions. I would find it highly ironic, but also a bit lame, if he swallowed some pills and gained a power..
    Simmons is not dead.
    [/QUOTE]

Spoiler
    Show

So previously HYDRA's deal was "The World needs somebody to rule it"
    Now is it basically just Grant Ward's personal vendetta squad? United under the banner of "Grant ward can beat us up"

Or are they going to become a more traditional Supervillain outfit, Motivated by money and power. From the looks of things Ward's Hydra is going to be more crime syndicate than paramillitary global conspiracy. They've established that between SHIELD and the Avengers, HYDRA is basically gone. Right now he's got himself and three thugs.

Presumably there are more HYDRA goons out there (Decapitating strikes tend to leave a lot of lower-ranked leftovers), plus some Assets he could seize.
    Last edited by BRC; 2015-05-13 at 03:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

3. - Top - End - #153
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

So previously HYDRA's deal was "The World needs somebody to rule it"
    Now is it basically just Grant Ward's personal vendetta squad? United under the banner of "Grant ward can beat us up"

Or are they going to become a more traditional Supervillain outfit, Motivated by money and power. From the looks of things Ward's Hydra is going to be more crime syndicate than paramillitary global conspiracy. They've established that between SHIELD and the Avengers, HYDRA is basically gone. Right now he's got himself and three thugs.

Presumably there are more HYDRA goons out there (Decapitating strikes tend to leave a lot of lower-ranked leftovers), plus some Assets he could seize.
    Spoiler
    Show

That's why someone else in this thread theorized that he'll actually make "Hydra" be the Serpent Society or something. I don't know how they are in comics, but they certainly sound like a more street level group of thugs.

Either way yeah, Hydra, or what remains of it's blown out decaying corpse, is a bunch of skin heads that follow Ward because he'll basically rip their faces off if they don't.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

That's why someone else in this thread theorized that he'll actually make "Hydra" be the Serpent Society or something. I don't know how they are in comics, but they certainly sound like a more street level group of thugs.

Either way yeah, Hydra, or what remains of it's blown out decaying corpse, is a bunch of skin heads that follow Ward because he'll basically rip their faces off if they don't.
    Spoiler
    Show

If you cut off one head...we'll go home and drink beer or something.

Unless you want to lead Hydra, because you beat up Ward, and we were only following him because he could beat us up...no? You sure? Okay, just checking.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

5. - Top - End - #155

Spoiler
    Show

If you cut off one head...we'll go home and drink beer or something.

Unless you want to lead Hydra, because you beat up Ward, and we were only following him because he could beat us up...no? You sure? Okay, just checking.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's beautiful, and I kind of feel that's how it's going to go down. Skye Team Six is gonna take down any InHumans on Ward's team (because you know he will get some, considering what all is going on), the rest of them will scatter realizing that they've been working with someone so crazy it actually causes them to become better people, and then Skye turns Ward into red paste with her earthquake powers. The order of events can switch around but either way, would be cool and great.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's beautiful, and I kind of feel that's how it's going to go down. Skye Team Six is gonna take down any InHumans on Ward's team (because you know he will get some, considering what all is going on), the rest of them will scatter realizing that they've been working with someone so crazy it actually causes them to become better people, and then Skye turns Ward into red paste with her earthquake powers. The order of events can switch around but either way, would be cool and great.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nah, Ward's going to linger. Brett Dalton has charisma, and Ward makes an excellent villain. Plus, HYDRA makes a good enemy for SHIELD, so its in the show's best interests to have him stick around, if only to sign checks for the goons May beats up.

Speaking of Charismatic Villains, points to Agents of SHIELD for having everybody remember that Ward is terrible. Unlike Arrow, which keeps finding reasons to have an unapologetic mass murderer hang around with the heroes.
    Last edited by BRC; 2015-05-13 at 05:05 PM.
    [/Center]

7. - Top - End - #157

Spoiler
    Show

Nah, Ward's going to linger. Brett Dalton has charisma, and Ward makes an excellent villain. Plus, HYDRA makes a good enemy for SHIELD, so its in the show's best interests to have him stick around, if only to sign checks for the goons May beats up.

Speaking of Charismatic Villains, points to Agents of SHIELD for having everybody remember that Ward is terrible. Unlike Arrow, which keeps finding reasons to have an unapologetic mass murderer hang around with the heroes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kind of wish you didn't say unapologetic so I could say "but then Arrow wouldn't have any friends".

But yeah, I'm REALLY glad that no one acts stupid around Ward. Skye plugged him in the back first chance she really had when they met back up, I'm sure Maye would of made sure to waste him if they didn't have to rush to save Bobbi. Coulson knew trusting him was dangerous and though he trusted Agent 33, he knew better then to actually trust Ward proper.

The only reason I don't think Ward will survive past season 3's finale is because I think Season 3 might be the end of the show. But we'll see!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

It just occurred to me, at the end of season one of AoS we had a shattered and leaderless SHIELD that had been broken over the course of AoS - with the most serious blow landing in The Winter Soldier - and the last remaining major character from the organization being sent on an arc to rebuild it from the scrap heap in a manner similar to but substantially different from its predecessor in the upcoming season.

Now, at the end of season two of AoS we have a shattered and leaderless HYDRA that had been broken over the course of AoS - with the most serious blow landing in Age of Ultron - and the last remaining major character from the organization being sent on an arc to rebuild it from the scrap heap in a manner similar to but substantially different than its predecessor in the upcoming season.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Point of order. The biggest blow to rebuilt hydra was landed on AoS, when Coulson tricked them into killing all but two of the heads, which were then cut off during the movie, once they were already in disarray and a minor inconvenience compared to how strong they were in the first movie
    Last edited by dehro; 2015-05-13 at 06:34 PM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Regarding the finale and season 3, won't Coulson and company think there is something fishy about the sudden appearance of all those in-humans?

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Nitpick: Bad call on the writers to bash Fox News like that. It's typical Hollywood fashion that was uncalled for and broke the illusion of the story to reveal it's just a television show. It literally did ruin the rest of the show for me because I was no longer in the universe. I don't watch Fox News myself or any cable news network, but the inference is obvious. Now I hate Mac with a passion and am upset he didn't quit after all and will be back. The character is totally ruined for me.

Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
    Nitpick: Bad call on the writers to bash Fox News like that. It's typical Hollywood fashion that was uncalled for and broke the illusion of the story to reveal it's just a television show. It literally did ruin the rest of the show for me because I was no longer in the universe. I don't watch Fox News myself or any cable news network, but the inference is obvious. Now I hate Mac with a passion and am upset he didn't quit after all and will be back. The character is totally ruined for me.

Thanks guys!
    It felt fine to me. hasnt Fox, CNN and MSNBC sshown up in various "breaking news" newscasts in MCU? why should alluding to them be any different than actually showing them?

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by Dilvish View Post
    Regarding the finale and season 3, won't Coulson and company think there is something fishy about the sudden appearance of all those in-humans?
    Stop, what you are doing is wrong.

(secretly I love it)

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    It felt fine to me. hasnt Fox, CNN and MSNBC sshown up in various "breaking news" newscasts in MCU? why should alluding to them be any different than actually showing them?
    I think he's being sarcastic by that last comment but I'm not sure if it's just noting sarcasm for the thanks, or for the whole thing. I can see why he's concerned, but at the same time I think it's OKAY, since it shows that the world is more "real". Also, all the MCU stuff takes place in OUR world. They fight in New York and stuff. This isn't like say, the DC stuff suddenly referencing say, Bill o Railley, despite their world explicitly not being the real world.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Well, on the one hand, for a decisively apolitical prime time network SF/techno-thriller/Superhero show to pull an uncharacteristically (if small) political-ish jab at something or someone real, that's probably going to raise some eyebrows in certain circles. On the other hand they made an entire blockbuster movie about Captain bloody America fighting a group of comic villains that are a very thinly disguised allegory for the American post-9/11 Neoconservative movement, so perhaps that hand has already been tipped, maybe?

Still, Mack is, at least in principle, a human being. At least that's what we're to assume based on the laws of fiction, rather than a character written by writers. I've personally heard more than my fair share of similar quips in my day-to-day life for me to feel like the scene was somehow contrived to make the remark or that it's somehow deeply incongruous with the character in any way as he's thus far been presented.

He didn't pull out his manifesto or start asking if Skye had found Jesus, it was a tension defusing joke to someone he had been - at least until really recently - on amiable terms with as a coworker.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2015-05-14 at 08:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    He didn't pull out his manifesto or start asking if Skye had found Jesus, it was tension defusing joke to someone he had been - at least until really recently - on amiable terms with as a coworker.
    Yeah that's the thing. Between calling Fiz "Turbo" and Skye "Tremors", it's clear Mack's actually kind of a goofy guy behind his "can bench press fifty men" appearance. So think of it as less of a dig, and more of him diffusing the tension with some good ole humour.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Live Reactions time not in any order,

Spoiler
    Show

Holy Crud, Jiaying is a vampire...HOLY CRAP SHE IS MORBIUS FROM THE OLD SPIDERMAN CARTOON, and she is officially Magneto.

No really, She is Magneto.

We have two plots going on here, Inhumans vs SHIELD, and then Ward, cool I like that.

Uh Coulson, IS IT REALLY smart to Interrogate an insane dude while in the same room as he is, and it goes about as right as you would think it does, of course Coulson talks Cal down, and really cements..That Jiaying is Magneto.

That..is legitimately awesome, this is why Coulson is awesome. Violence is the last solution he goes with, I LIKE THAT.

Whoah...Ward Killed 33, season 3 is going to involve him going ALL Fou-lu(break of fire 4) up in this place

"It is a big ship, and there is poor signage"
    HAHA!

Science...BIATCH!
    BAHAHAHAHAHA Fitz you are the best, You so White and Nerdy.

I expected...Jiaying was going to say "Join me, and together we can overthrow Thanos and rule the Galaxy as Mother and Daughter"

OH ouch...Gordon..did you never learn to WATCH where you bamf too? Man Nightcrawler would never have made that mistake.

and..wow..Psycho Dad..killed Evil Mom.

You know in retrospect..They did it again. They set up Cal as a completely evil amoral badguy never made us question that..until they were ready to pull that thread..and show that he is not completely Evil.

"I thought you would be perfect..you are far more interesting than that"
    Well Played Writers, well played.

So Ward is setting up Hydra, so he can have revenge against SHIELD. I wonder if he isn't going to end up with some Meta-Human powers or Tech in him. He is below the weight class of his Arch Enemy now..since Skye could turn him into bits of salsa with little effort now.

and Cal..ends up as a Vet, I like that. I actually feel bad for him in retrospect. All he wanted was his family back..and Jiyang Manipulated the heck out of him, and turned him into a monster.

And now Skye might have her own team.

I would love for that story to be the Inhuman's movie, and for season 3 to not have her. Simply because her "story" as an Agent is done, instead focus on the rest, with Simmons getting nommed by mysterious alien artifact they can explore other things.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Regarding fish oil
    Show
    This is the one thing about this finale that I didn't like. A whole case full of a extremely toxic substance gets pushed into the ocean, and they DONT organize some sort of mission to recover or at least contain it? No, lets let it sit around for any old bigbad to get it, or in this case, have it leak into the biosphere.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    Show
    This is the one thing about this finale that I didn't like. A whole case full of a extremely toxic substance gets pushed into the ocean, and they DONT organize some sort of mission to recover or at least contain it? No, lets let it sit around for any old bigbad to get it, or in this case, have it leak into the biosphere.
    That bothered me too. Of course,
    Spoiler: a proposed in-universe answer
    Show

if the carrier was travelling while the action and recovery was going on, it is possible that several hours passed before they managed enough recovery to consider going after it. Then, then would need to get a sub flown in and then find the wreckage.

It is possible that several days passed before such a recovery could be made. By then, the crystals may have dissolved into the water.
    Keeper of the 49 Rules.

Pet Peeve: Yay ≠ Yeah

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    Show
    Not sure what makes you think they could have possibly found it even if they looked for it.

'A whole case' is an infinitesimal speck in the middle of an ocean, and especially at the speed a carrier typically travels, there is no way to pinpoint where they lost something that small (not to mention current would carry it a pretty fair distance pretty quickly). Current authorities regularly have trouble locating entire sunken ships or crashed airplanes even with a GPS fix of their last surface location.

There is simply no realistic way to recover the contents of the case, and attempting to do so would just waste a whole lot of valuable time.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2015-05-14 at 07:55 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post

'A whole case' is an infinitesimal speck in the middle of an ocean, and especially at the speed a carrier typically travels, there is no way to pinpoint where they lost something that small (not to mention current would carry it a pretty fair distance pretty quickly).
    Wasnt the case marked with a whole quinjet? Still no trivial task to find, but more manageable than just a case.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Soepvork? Bang freakin' on. A cookie must be doled out, though I fear its chocolate chip-deliciously-infected substance is far too lacking of grandeur to be a prize of the appropriate scale.

So you get two cookies.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soepvork View Post
    Wasnt the case marked with a whole quinjet? Still no trivial task to find, but more manageable than just a case.
    Olinser is right on this one. People do have trouble locating entire ships, and a quinjet is nowhere near that big. The Iliad was moving at the time, which means they likely won't have a precise location of where the quinjet actually went overboard, making it even harder to find. Consider at the time that pretty much the entire crew was still dealing with the threat on board, so it's not like everyone's eyes were glued to the monitors at the time anyway.

I have an unrelated question, and maybe somebody picked this up. Between "Scars" and "SOS", did the show actually reveal where Afterlife is located? They seem to get there and back fairly quickly, but they are in quinjets so that likely doesn't mean a whole lot. This is more out of curiosity than anything else, I was waiting to see if it was actually in North America or something.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2015-05-14 at 09:03 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Olinser is right on this one. People do have trouble locating entire ships, and a quinjet is nowhere near that big. The Iliad was moving at the time, which means they likely won't have a precise location of where the quinjet actually went overboard, making it even harder to find. Consider at the time that pretty much the entire crew was still dealing with the threat on board, so it's not like everyone's eyes were glued to the monitors at the time anyway.

I have an unrelated question, and maybe somebody picked this up. Between "Scars" and "SOS", did the show actually reveal where Afterlife is located? They seem to get there and back fairly quickly, but they are in quinjets so that likely doesn't mean a whole lot. This is more out of curiosity than anything else, I was waiting to see if it was actually in North America or something.
    since Jiaying was involved I'm guessing China, but I don't think we were ever told
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    i think Afterlife is the town that Jaiying vamp'd in china. Its remote enough to at least not have avalanches register as a concern to the nearest government which means definitely not close to the the ring of fire.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    i think Afterlife is the town that Jaiying vamp'd in china. Its remote enough to at least not have avalanches register as a concern to the nearest government which means definitely not close to the the ring of fire.
    I was thinking about this as well, and it certainly makes sense. Furthermore, it's implied throughout Season 2 that the Playground is on - or at least reasonably near - the west coast of the US, making a trip by quinjet much more credible. That could also mean the Iliad has been on the Pacific this entire time, which makes sense, given the shot of the bottom of the ocean seems 'warmer'. Again, this doesn't really matter all that much, I'm just curious.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    Well remember, in the comics the Inhumans had that 'bubble' around their city.

You could easily handwave it being located pretty much anywhere if you add in 'Oh X Inhuman's power prevents anybody from noticing anything unusual for X miles around the area', or something like that.

But given the scenery it kind of looked to me like it was supposed to be located somewhere in the Himalayas. The range is extremely extensive, and especially since they look to be surrounded by mountains, there are plenty of areas in that range where small towns the size of Afterlife could be concealed with ease.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2015-05-14 at 12:14 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    People can and will do stupid things out of stubborn pride...
    Stupid things like standing up to a superpowered alien? Is it your position that the old man in that clip was stupid and wrong, because he was endangering himself for the sake of pride? If not, what's the exchange rate? How much pride and how much safety have to be on the line for choosing pride over safety to be stupid?

SHIELD works best in anonymity.
    Y'know, I keep wanting to say that the secrecy ship has sailed(and crashed into the Potomac, three times over), but the show apparently thinks it's still feasible. So, okay.

The hunting was never obsessive, they didn't go scour maternity wards of the world to intercept inhumans at birth.
    Superpowers are rarely present at birth in the Marvel Universe, and I think it's unheard of in the MCU. Scouring maternity wards would be pointless.

They simply reacted to strange events and people flagged by the news or cops.
    If they've always acted quickly it's because if they didn't, people got hurt, or maybe someone else beat them to it.
    The obsession comes in what seems to me to be an overreaction to those strange events. They don't just make a note of it, they dive in and hunt down the participants. There's a very "we must know who they are and, above all, what they can do" feel to the preventative indexing.

Accepting it or not, definitely was Afterlife's call to make...
    Just to be clear, would you have accepted it as reasonable if instead of the call to arms, they'd called for SHIELD to go away and leave them alone? Decided to try to fend for themselves for as long as they could?

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by theNater View Post
    Just to be clear, would you have accepted it as reasonable if instead of the call to arms, they'd called for SHIELD to go away and leave them alone? Decided to try to fend for themselves for as long as they could?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm a sales rep... when I go to a prospective client, I have a pricelist and a discretionary percentage of discount I can offer... besides the discount, there are further options to sweaten the deal and a host of reasons I can bring to the table why it would be of mutual interest to make said deal.
    I open the transaction handing over the pricelist.. the buyer says he wants 50% discount.. then we go back and forth until we agree on what the discount will be.
    Gonzales came in with what was a reasonable argument to why he gave the full pricelist. If both parties had wanted a transaction/agreement, Jiaying would have countered saying "we don't like it.. it would be best if you just left us all alone".. and then both parties could have taken stock and revised their proposals until they either found an agreement or agreed that an agreement couldn't be reached. Sometime along the back and forth, one or both parties could have decided to go for a more direct approach.
    Jiaying nuked his face instead of considering the proposal, and given how she'd juiced up Cal well before the quinnjets landed, it is clear that she was dealing in bad faith. but then, we already knew she would, because if her strategy had not been planned well in advance and her decision had not already been made, Raina could never have foreseen the course events would have taken
    Last edited by dehro; 2015-05-14 at 01:53 PM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Wow you guys, how much stuff do I need to read up on?

Spoiler: finale thoughts
    Show

I'll try to stay short. Overall, it was pretty cool. But I think I have one major complaint: Jiaying. Not only did we only now get the reveal of her being... well, not exactly Rogue but apparently close enough, but also the "all the evil Cal did was her fault"? I mean, I liked Cal well enough in this - actually, I really liked him and I'm glad he got a happy ending - but somehow the whole thing around them seems rushed, unless I missed the setup or something... There's a difference between trying to protect your people and mass murdering normal humans. I mean, it's not terrible but it bothers me.

I'd laugh at Ward killing 33 but then 33 didn't really deserve it... she was probably pretty much lost to becoming good again but.. still. Still not sure what is wrong in Ward's head, as in, what the eff is his motivation?! New Hydra will probably be a joke compared to the old one, but we'll see...

Phil's hand... eh, he'll manage without.

The case of crystals... I'm a bit skeptical about it being hard to retrieve. And even if not, don't people test this stuff? Wouldn't it kill people and thus be recalled? Doesn't sound like a legit plan to make abunch of Inhumans...

Not... sure what's up with Simmons? I thought the stuff was anti-Inhuman weaponry. Did I miss something? And how the eff did it get out again?

I'm actually a bit sad to see Gordon go. I thought he was a decent enough guy but oh well... and, I almost can't believe I'm saying this, Reina. So she grew a conscience just to get offed? I guess being good doesn't pay in the long run...

Overall... good finale, possibly even great, but I just felt a bunch of things about Mom could have been handled better. And maybe the run time was a bit too long. Like the Ward/Bobby subplot could have been shorter... or part of another episode entirely. Or maybe cut completely.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Wow you guys, how much stuff do I need to read up on?

Spoiler: finale thoughts
    Show

I'll try to stay short. Overall, it was pretty cool. But I think I have one major complaint: Jiaying. Not only did we only now get the reveal of her being... well, not exactly Rogue but apparently close enough, but also the "all the evil Cal did was her fault"? I mean, I liked Cal well enough in this - actually, I really liked him and I'm glad he got a happy ending - but somehow the whole thing around them seems rushed, unless I missed the setup or something... There's a difference between trying to protect your people and mass murdering normal humans. I mean, it's not terrible but it bothers me.

I'd laugh at Ward killing 33 but then 33 didn't really deserve it... she was probably pretty much lost to becoming good again but.. still. Still not sure what is wrong in Ward's head, as in, what the eff is his motivation?! New Hydra will probably be a joke compared to the old one, but we'll see...

Phil's hand... eh, he'll manage without.

The case of crystals... I'm a bit skeptical about it being hard to retrieve. And even if not, don't people test this stuff? Wouldn't it kill people and thus be recalled? Doesn't sound like a legit plan to make abunch of Inhumans...

Not... sure what's up with Simmons? I thought the stuff was anti-Inhuman weaponry. Did I miss something? And how the eff did it get out again?

I'm actually a bit sad to see Gordon go. I thought he was a decent enough guy but oh well... and, I almost can't believe I'm saying this, Reina. So she grew a conscience just to get offed? I guess being good doesn't pay in the long run...

Overall... good finale, possibly even great, but I just felt a bunch of things about Mom could have been handled better. And maybe the run time was a bit too long. Like the Ward/Bobby subplot could have been shorter... or part of another episode entirely. Or maybe cut completely.
    Spoiler
    Show

Regarding Skye's Mom: It was revealed she already massacred an entire village. When Cal sewed her back together, they murdered an entire village to heal her. So, she's already up there in body count. When push comes to shove, she doesn't much care about humans.

Regarding the crystals: The Terrigen crystals don't kill people, the metal in the Diviner does. Trip died because he had a piece of Diviner embedded in his chest. The little crystals are embedded with little bits of Diviner metal, hence Gonzales and the SHIELD people died and Coulson lost a hand. When submerged in water, it's possible the crystals dissolve into the water and enter the environment, but leave the heavy metal behind so nobody dies when they ingest the fish oil, but Inhumans gain their power. I like the scenario that SHIELD eventually goes back to retrieve it and finds that the crystals have already dissolved.

Regarding Simmons: I think Fitz accidentally jostled the handle and cracked open the door.
    Last edited by Joran; 2015-05-14 at 06:34 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Its all a matter of how swiftly the crystals dissolve in water, if its done in 2-3 hours then they would be long gone before anyone got a chance to go fishing for them.

As for the killing part then someone else already commented on it. all it takes is for the diviner metal to be less sollutable than the crystals to seperate the mix, and the fish would get the dose of "turn people into inhumans" but not the petrifying part.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar